[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
black fa/tg/uy thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
How is it working out for you?
Share stories and feels
>>
>>46822852
Not black but got 2 black guys in my dnd group rn, they're fucking hilarious
>>
File: IMG_0066.jpg (253 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
253 KB, 1600x1200
>>46822852
I was once asked why I didn't play Salamanders.
>>
>>46823247
tbf, everyone should be playing Salamanders.
>>
>>46823247
Eeech. I mean, Salamanders are cool, I like them, but that's kind of a shitty assumption.
>>
>>46822852
Yo what happened to all my pies?
>>
>>46822852
Woolie's more /m/ than /tg/
>>
>>46822852
Never really had the opportunity to get into tabletop, though it does seem like the sort of thing I'd be interested in. I'm mainly just here to save and post artwork, and to take a break from the horrid atmosphere of /a/.
>>
Game club I use to go to had a massive over abundances of Dave's. There was Medium Dave, Big Dave, Skaven Dave, Orky Dave, and Undave. I'm told there was once a Little Dave too. Anyway one day a black guy joined the club. Turned out his name was Dave. Medium looked misreable as he uttered the line "Oh I'm afraid you'll have to be Black Dave."
>>
>>46823745
Undave?
>>
>>46823745
My group back in highschool had three Dans.

Big Dan was called that because he was 6'6" and 300+ lbs. Little Dan was 5'7" and probably 120ish. Littlest Dan was Big Dan's 8 year old son.
>>
>>46823247
People are dumb man. They never reslize it either.
>>
Currently trying to rope in a few friends into some TRPGS. We're going to be using Dungeons the Dragoning as our system of choice. Also trying to put together a new EDH deck.
>>
Latino fa/tg/uy here, I miss my black fa/tg/uy. Only guy who ever played Evil alignments straight and we had the same taste in waifus.

I miss you Hamdi
>>
>>46823819
You knew a highschooler with an 8 year old son?
Did he knock someone up the year he hit puberty early and then get held back twice?
>>
Black guy in my group tends to either play dwarves or drow. The drow business is 100% because if he's going to play an elf, he's going to play a black elf.

Not really a great player, but since he can't hold a Scottish accent and instead winds up with British accent, he's introduced British-accent black dwarves into the world, and that's cool.
>>
>>46822852
Not black but I got a half black guy in my group, but he is the least black person I have ever met. He can be a bit pretentious tho
>>
>>46823918
Are you American? I thought Americans called everyone black (rather than half-black) even if they were mixed race.
>>
>>46822852
There was a black guy in the group I used to play Magic with back at Community College. He was both one of the only people that wasn't an embarrassing neckbeard with a negative GPA, and one of the only people that was actually good at the game, without spending hundreds of dollars on "casual" decks.
>>
>>46823764
He wasn't actully called Dave but for some reason insisted on being called Dave I think. Why I have no idea.
>>
>>46823975
We usually do but I felt like clarifying for this thread
>>
File: 1396626683039.png (202 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1396626683039.png
202 KB, 500x480
>>46823872
Did he die?
>>
>>46823897
Nah, he was in his late 20s when the rest of us were in highschool, and we played D&D at his house.
>>
we had 2 black guys in DnD and they're the best group i ever play
>nignog 1 is a wizard who only cast fire while sayin' pants on fire yooo and oh he has a familiar....a watermelon with a cat carvings and also spit fire and seeds as ammunition
>nigger two is our resident berserker slash cannon fodder who always have a death wish and put us with shit in million ways possible
>>
>>46823247
What's that thing on the left? A sea skateboard or something?
>>
My online group is more Black people than not.

Two Black guys, me the Black GM, a gay guy who pretends to be Black, and two poor little White boys (and the occasional White demigirl, yes that's a joke).

It works fine for that group. Though I've had less than awesome tabletop experiences (like a guy in a netrunner tournament who insisted that he had to 'watch me' whenever I was doing what is effectively a 'scry 2 then draw' effect. He could have just generally been an asshole, but who knows.

But most fa/tg/uys don't seem to care. The worst you'll hear is how you 'aren't all that Black'. Which is just general White people code for 'I'm generally piss-scared of Black people, or think they are all retarded, but not you. You should take that as a compliment.'
>>
>we wuz wizards
AYO IM JUS FINNA CASS SOUM FIYA
>>
>play mtg with a cool black dude
>has the douchiest ass decks, always playing prison/control
>Inspired me to actually git gud

Shout outs to ya Jamar
>>
File: 28JHs.jpg (249 KB, 656x880) Image search: [Google]
28JHs.jpg
249 KB, 656x880
Obligitory
>>
>>46824611
That guy always makes me think of Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Sean Combs or whatever he calls himself these days
>>
>>46824611
I came here to post this and to tell the story of the only Black Dude I ever gamed with, Needo. Needo was the whitest black dude I have ever met, he was into all the nerd hobbies and absolutely hated rap and hip-hop, and spoke with no trace of Ebonics. He was also the biggest philhellene I had ever met. All his characters were myrmidons or expies of various Greek heroes.

Then his dad came back into town. His dad went apeshit over how nerdy his son was. He beat the fuck out of Needo, took all his gaming shit, and sent him to some sort of "Militant Afrocentrist" summer camp. It broke Needo, he eventually fell in with some shitty people, and last I heard he ended up in jail for stealing a car. I wish I could have been a better friend and helped him out.
>>
>How is it working out for you?
Pretty good, actually.

>Share stories and feels

People are legitimately surprised to find out I am black.

Like, enough times it has happened so I am not surprised by it anymore.

And this is before they learn about the homebrew, not after.
>>
>>46824428
You can have an identity without making a big fucking deal about it all the damn time regardless of relevance or appropriateness. A community based on total anonymity, where even your past activity on that very site is unconnected to whatever you do next, is the absolute last place to be bringing up your IRL identity simply for its own sake.
>>
>>46824871
Except, this is a thread to talk about the experience of being Black in a /tg/ environment, which means it is connected. It is just as relevant as threads like 'have you ever RPed with your girlfriend/wives?' or any other thread about an experience that others may be interested in.
>>
>>46824752
>and sent him to some sort of "Militant Afrocentrist" summer camp.
WE WUZ KANGS tier? Shit son, I feel bad for Needo.

Ironically enough, he'd be one of the few blacks better off without a father.
>>
>>46824529
>The worst you'll hear is how you 'aren't all that Black'. Which is just general White people code for 'I'm generally piss-scared of Black people, or think they are all retarded, but not you. You should take that as a compliment.'

Rustles my jimmies when they pull this shit. If I wanted to be thuggin', I'd be out in the streets, not hanging out with a bunch of pasty nerds. Rolling dice and pretending to be an elf is preferable to being shot over some avoidable bullshit, and should not diminish my blackness.
>>
>>46824529
>>46825141
What they (we) mean by that is that we're happy you're not a nigger, but rather a black person.
>>
>>46825141
But isn't it a million times worse when other black people(sometimes even your mom) give you shit for "acting white"?
>>
>>46824916
The entire thread being dedicated to going against the whole point of what defines 4chan does not at all diminish the fact that it goes against the whole point of what defines 4chan. If you want to just chat about identity for the sake of identity, there are any number of other forums where you actually have an online identity rather than being anon. Take this shit to Reddit, or ENworld, or RPG.net, or where the fuck ever.

And yes, the open-ended "gaming with wife/gf" threads are cancer too.
>>
>>46825169
Not a problem in my direct family, though I've heard it from other Black people before. But honestly, I don't hang out with enough Black people to really care. Call me what you want, I can hold down a job, and don't have to spam facebook with posts about how I can't trust anyone.

Nerdy White boys might act like they have no sense when it comes to race, but at least the worst drama I have to worry about is how one of our players has an overpowered army, or someone always plays bad characters. I'll take that any day.
>>
File: These White Men Are Dangerous.jpg (22 KB, 458x319) Image search: [Google]
These White Men Are Dangerous.jpg
22 KB, 458x319
>>46823190
>Not black but got 2 black guys in my dnd group rn, they're fucking hilarious

Same here, but 2 black guys + 1 black girl.
>>
>>46822852

there's a group at my LGS that brings good-ass food and plays that naruto infinity-whatever card game every week. Nobody in the store can be as excited for anything to match their excitement for naruto matchups.
>>
>>46825197

I agree if we can also lump in all the blogpost spam about anyone who might have said something vaguely SJW-sounding on tumblr or something that also includes /tg/ relevant subject matter in the title.
>>
>>46825245
> that image

Fuck yeah we are.

Made the world our bitch.
>>
File: White.jpg (146 KB, 400x538) Image search: [Google]
White.jpg
146 KB, 400x538
>>46825298
Feels good to be honest, senpai.
>>
>>46824059
No, he was an abroad student from the UK and both fell into some tough times. He moved back. We tried to keep in touch but between both of us were kept busy by life. I see some Instagram updates every now and then, he seems to be having fun.

I'm happy for him.
>>
>>46825140
It was weird shit, like the Nuwaubians. He told us some the stuff they tried to brainwash him with before his dad pulled him from public school.
>>
>>46825165
A better way to phrase the "compliment" is, "I'm glad you aren't a caricature of racist stereotypes".

>>46825169
Never got that, actually.
>>
>>46825402
>A better way to phrase the "compliment" is, "I'm glad you aren't a caricature of racist stereotypes".
So "I'm glad you're not a nigger, and are instead a well adjusted and civilized black man?"

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, and not because mean ol' whitey hates blacks.
>>
>>46825402
Since my grandma went to school to be a nurse, our whole branch of the family is generally considered 'too White', or bougie. Of course no one in our branch of the family is in jail (anymore...), so there is that.
>>
>>46825436
>>46825402
The best way to phrase the compliment is to not say it. If someone actually says or does something smart, you can compliment them like a normal human being 'dang man, I always forget how smart you are.' or 'Damn, you're smart' or whatever.

But comparing their intelligence or behavior to some standard in your mind is just going to reveal the insult in it.

For the same reason no one goes, 'Wow, you're pretty smart, I figured you for a redneck'. Like, no matter how well meaning that is, it is an insult on how you were initially perceived.
>>
>>46825197
Right, because another filename thread would be so more interesting. Leave thread and add a filter if it makes you this assmad.
>>
File: traveller.jpg (98 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
traveller.jpg
98 KB, 591x591
>>46825197
Fuck off Vilani scum. Remember the frontier wars!
>>
>>46825525
Or you can be happy that you're better than the stereotypes of your fellows, and have successfully reversed other's perceptions of you through your actions?

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, and they're not going away. Be happy that people consider you a black man first, so that your actions and demeanor affect the collective stereotype as a whole.
>>
>>46825585
Uh, except being told you 'are the whitest Black guy' doesn't say they consider you as a Black man first, does it?

Naw, how about people just don't say it? And I'll continue to be pissed when I hear it.
>>
Nerdy black girls are pretty cute, I'd love to date one
>>
>>46825629
They just use white as a shorthand for not retarded, and a functional adult. Because statistically speaking...

Oxford comma, bitch.
>>
>>46825643
good boobplate is dead art reserved for the koreans now.
I miss them. The metal covered boobies.
>>
>>46825667
Because statistically Whites are worse than most of the minority groups they stereotype against?
>>
>>46825629
It means we consider you a civilized human, and thus reinforces the fact that not all blacks are niggers.
>>
>>46825696
lel wut? That'll be a good argument when whites are 13% of the population and commit over 50% of all violent crimes.

The former is any day now, but I'm not so sure about the latter
>>
>>46825695
Meh, boobplate is old news. That's been boring since day 2. How do you even deal with it? It isn't even a matter of realism, it isn't like metal breasts look appealing... Unless you are just attracted to missle-caps on chests in general.

You could just be from /k/ I guess
>>
>>46825696
Well technically there are more White murderers and people with AIDS, but there are also six times as many of them in the country.

Slavery was a mistake.
>>
File: jeremy clarkson makes cereal.jpg (672 KB, 1138x1076) Image search: [Google]
jeremy clarkson makes cereal.jpg
672 KB, 1138x1076
>>46825725
>but I'm not so sure about the latter

Does it still count as murder if they're marxists or it's a race war? If not, then never.
>>
>>46823608
>implying Woolie is /m/
He's an entry level pleb in everything but fighting games
>>
>>46825753
Killing Lincoln before we could recolonize all the blacks back in Africa was a mistake
>>
>>46825725
Naw, they are like 60% of the population, and 60% of violent crime.

Oops.

A quick google search, only if you narrow down to murder, to Black people reach a higher percentage than White people. Otherwise, White people rule in the world of violent crime, hand over fist.
>>
>>46825783
We tried that shit, Liberia.
It fell apart.
>>
>>46825823
>60% of the population commits 60% of violent crime
>except for murder, where another 13% of the population is the majority
And this is bad for white people, how?

>>46825826
It might have worked better if we shipped all of them over.
>>
Psychologically members of a minority group are usually judged as a whole by the majority so black guys are judged by the behavior of gangbangers, /tg/ players are all assumed to be neckbeards etc whereas the majority group in whatever context are judged as individuals: no one claims ICP fans are representative of white people, they're idiots who happen to be white.
>>
>>46825826
They didn't have to go willingly.
>>
I play with a half Jamaican guy.
I make fun of him for his nigger dad abandoning him before birth.
>>
>>46822852
>4chan users so afraid of other races they have to invade the one thread about being Black

Do you guys generally play as a Black character? Alternatively, when you GM, do you include plenty of Black characters?

I have one Black player who always leaves his character's race vague, and another who is always 100% Black guy. Personally, I'll confirm the character is physically Black, but then don't talk about it for the rest of the game unless it comes up (like when I was playing call of cthulhu and it made some social maneuvering difficult)
>>
>>46826137
I play slutty elf girls, it's fun for me
>>
>>46826137
>Do you guys generally play as a Black character?
Whenever I play a thief.
>>
>>46826158
Funny, I play lolis for the same reason.
>>
>>46826137
>nogs are so insecure that they have to make a point out of being black and participating in a certain hobby
>>
>>46826199
Don't all minmaxers?
>>
>>46826219
They better be brown lolis.
>>
>>46826137
When its culturally appropriate. If you go to !notegypt and everyone is white, that is weird. Same goes for !notcongo and !notsavanah.

I have only played one black charecter (white myself) and it was a plains druid in pathfinder. It made sense in the campaign. I was tempted to make my Ulfen (fantasy pathfinder viking) black just because the Ulfen give no fucks, but he wound up as a half orc instead.
>>
>>46826252
>ever not playing a brown loli
>>
File: 312.png (167 KB, 398x269) Image search: [Google]
312.png
167 KB, 398x269
>>46826252
>>
File: 1460826169912.png (288 KB, 450x354) Image search: [Google]
1460826169912.png
288 KB, 450x354
>>46826273
What about when you're playing a smug train
>>
>>46826272
>If you go to !notegypt and everyone is white, that is weird
WE WUZ KINGS AND SHIET
>>
>>46826252
Nah.
Current one is blue
>>
>>46826272
I feel like that matters more in real world settings, but unless the GM digs down into cultural races that rarely travel, it can usually work. Travelers, merchants, students from other kingdoms, or just coming from a neighboring region. Some settings make it harder than others, mind you.
>>
>>46823975
tbf it's kind of a waste of time to track the race mix of your parents in America. Unless your parents are immigrants, you are the result of many races mixing.
>>
>>46826310
A rare flavor but a good one anon.
>>
>>46826295
I don't know, just imagine what a smug brown train would be like.
>>
>>46826322
m8 my grandparents had even seen a non-European in their life until they moved to the city in the 80s.
>>
File: 1435109444982.png (472 KB, 624x475) Image search: [Google]
1435109444982.png
472 KB, 624x475
Is there such a thing as a "black LGS", a store in a mostly black area?

I bet their friday night magics are fun
>>
>>46822852
>black
>Thinking race still exists in 2016.

The reason "race" is a fantasy term is because there's no such thing. Duh.
>>
>>46826378
*never
>>
You know, shitstorms like this thread are why I like living in a mostly mixed country sometimes, people don't segregate based on their race because everyone's aware no one is "pure". Not like people don't find ways to be racist anyways, but at least they aren't hypocrites about it.
>>
>>46826408
I live in a mixed country too, but everyone still hates niggers here.
>>
>>46826380

Knowing the black people in movie theatre stereotype, I can imagine what it must be like when people crack mythics during prereleases.
>>
Bedouin Dreams
>>
File: 1417262186421.jpg (20 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1417262186421.jpg
20 KB, 195x195
>>46826408
>there's racism in America because it's a homogenous nation
>>
>>46826458
Too bad blacks care more about mythic crack than cracking mythics
>>
>>46826073
My dad worked at the shipyard at night and had a tendency to pop in at his kids' school during the day to check on us, talk to our teachers, etc.

My older brothers absolutely hated it. They were embarassed, I guess? I always found it to be a pleasant surprise. Gave me somebody I actually enjoyed talking to during lunch period.

I was an antisocial little piece of shit who certainly didn't give one fuck about what the other kids thought, and every once in a while he'd even take me out of school and we'd hang out and go get ice cream.

Moral of the story, my brothers are morons. Dad was awesome.
>>
>>46826448
Then your country's not mixed enough

Here people's genealogy is such a clusterfuck skin color may as well be decided by throwing dice. "Black" is used to describe physical appearance and not race.
>>
>>46826459
Excellent taste.
Everything up to Dusky Dravidian is great though, Evening Elvan is also good.
>>
>>46826459
This chart is faulty since they have different hair colors, leading to a different contrast between skin and hair.
>>
>>46826461
>reading comprehension
>>
>>46826498
Just pick you faggot.
>>
>>46826517
Not until you fix this shit.
>>
>>46826531
Fucking just do it cunt.
>>
File: 1436071568327.png (176 KB, 377x377) Image search: [Google]
1436071568327.png
176 KB, 377x377
>>46826491
We should totally just completely destroy all the countless ethnicities and cultures that makes the world vibrant and become a single mongrel shade of brown so that people will be less mean to each other.
>>
>>46826547
Such a choice would be meaningless
>>
>>46826582
So just like your life.
>>
>>46826563
I don't know whether to mock your reading comprehension, unoriginal /pol/ arguments with sensationalist phrases quoted almost verbatim, or your apparent general stupidity
>>
>>46826582
In the grand scheme of things all our choices are.
>>
>>46826624
You could call him a moron, but also point out that Sucy is best girl
>>
File: tumblr_m65kw4RWlf1qkohgn.png (216 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m65kw4RWlf1qkohgn.png
216 KB, 333x250
>>46826459
Whatever Katara is
>>
>>46826563
I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck about this. Such a pointless concern, especially today as culture becomes more and more global. History certainly won't change. Why care so much about green eyes or traditions dating back to some sheep fucking peasants? Learn what you can from it and leave it in the past. You stress over nothing.
>>
>>46826688
Worst girl?
>>
>>46826688
She bounces around the top half of the chart, depending on episode and setting.
>>
>>46826688
Literal shit?
>>
>>46826563
>im not brown, im umber
>yeah whatever you mochanigger
>>
File: Madonna_of_the_North.jpg (5 MB, 2976x3746) Image search: [Google]
Madonna_of_the_North.jpg
5 MB, 2976x3746
>>46826688
All ethnicities look better when drawn in anime style. Except black people, for some reason anime artists can't draw black people to save their lives.

RL inuit look like a mix of Native American and Asian traits. I tried to find a picture of a Inuit in a bathing suit or whatever but those seem to not exist so here's one from 1912. I wonder what a fit Inuit would look like
>>
>>46826770
>>46826807
I know she's not great but I like her because she resembles my ex a lot.
Plus, Toph turned out way worse
>>
>>46826897
>shit taste
>mopey blogger
Why do you even continue to live?
>>
>>46826849
It's because humans are gross.
>>
File: DJ Big Fry.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DJ Big Fry.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
>>46826849
>Except black people
Someone hasn't seen Tokatsu DJ Agetarou yet.
>>
>>46826909
I bet you're white
>>
File: raikage.png (1 MB, 1024x1368) Image search: [Google]
raikage.png
1 MB, 1024x1368
>>46826849
They do okay when they don't think too hard.

They seem to get too focused on our beautiful lips, and I'm pretty sure no anime artist has ever been given a chance to touch Black hair.
>>
>>46826928
I bet you have a reddit account
>>
>>46826934
They better start making some cute black girls
>>
>>46826692
>lol fuck tradition amirite
You imply that the races are equal.
>>
>>46826459
TO > AC > CG > DD > BD > SOC > IS > EE > DV > AQ > TR > RE
>>
File: 1428694355485.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1428694355485.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
I introduced tabletop to my hoodrat cousin who was in jail

Toppest of keks imagining a bunch of Tyrones and Jamals playing 40k as Orks

Eh, it's not any different being black

When you're a nerd you're part of an odd category to begin with
>>
>>46827198
No two people are equal.
>>
>>46825735

New news is how gaming has a white male terrorist problem.

Omega Male Feminists, to arms! Fainting couches at the ready!
>>
>>46825725
Sauce please. If you're going by arrest rates instead of total crimes (including unreported), you lose
>>
>>46826408

You think this is a shitstorm?

Here's YOUR fainting couch, it's extra padded so your pussy ass isn't further bruised when you pass out.
>>
>>46827324
Sad but true. In all my years bouncing from /b/ to /v/ to /k/ to /a/ to /n/, /new/, /newpol/ and /pol/ this thread? This isnt even a blip on the radar.

Shit, this is tame even by /tg/ standards, so far.
>>
File: Rintamamies_ja_lintu.jpg (44 KB, 361x500) Image search: [Google]
Rintamamies_ja_lintu.jpg
44 KB, 361x500
>Grow up in racially homogeneous Northern Europe.
>Always confused as fuck when people care so much about race.
>>
>>46827429
>fucking pygmie owls
hnngfaf;lk
SO CUTE
>>
>>46824752
>black people are black peoples' worst nightmare
>>
>>46827538
You are being inept about the way you say it, or the place where you bring it up, how often you do it or how much importance you place on it.

If you're actually calling yourself a "racist", stop doing that. That is like calling yourself a "xenophobe" because all cultures are different, that's not what the word means even if it's semantically related. You also have to learn the basic principle of hiding your powerlevel, there's no need to overwhelm people with information you soaked through autistically searching a topic on the internet. Just pretend you know less than you do and phrase things as educated guesses rather than affirmations when dealing with delicate topics. This is not necessary if you're sufficiently charismatic, but it's pretty obvious you aren't.
>>
It's interesting how the redditors/tumblr colonists here worship blacks for playing games, it's almost a pet-like relationship where the PoC in question gets given a treat of all the epic (NOT SERIOUS ;P) black guy jokes! "Dam nigga! xD" and treated as an abnormality that needs to be encouraged to play a game for arcane reasons like 'diversity of experiences' or something. I don't know why black people play into this house negro deal.
>>
>>46827538
Physical or academic? Physical is obvious, but it's when you start implying that a person cannot be intelligent or creative on account of their being black, or that another person is inherently smart, talented and destined for success by virtue of being white that I have to roll my eyes.

But your statement that race does not determine value would suggest that you acknowledge the good and bad within any group of people.

Then there are the people that think of humanity as some sort of contest and arbitrarily assign everyone a racial "team" for which we all must compete. Once it gets to the point that you have trouble looking at strangers as individuals, you lose credibility, plain and simple.
>>
>>46826137
I mostly pay black characters, but that's more recent. I realised how annoying I found everything always being white. It's never the defining quality of my character.

I've actually left groups over racism, and even now the only game I have left often leaves me feeling salty when a player feels the need to crack racist jokes. It's frustrating having a hobby dominated by white people that make you feel like an "other" all the time. I've been contemplating just giving up, honestly. I love roleplaying, but I can't stand the casual racism. It's almost like a sidenote. "Oh, and don't get too comfortable. You're still subhuman to us~"
>>
>>46827739
Can you please point out an example happening either on this thread or on some other one in the archives?

Because that just sounds like a load of bullshit you just made up because it would be convenient for your argument if it was true
>>
>>46827762
I have a group of friends I should leave, but some of them are better than others. The problem elements are just so giddy to get their little racist cracks in.

'Oh of course he doesn't have a dad, he is Black after all, tee hee'
'Well I mean, we wouldn't expect you to have any money, lel.'

It would be great if it was at least original material.
>>
>>46827825
Well at least you don't steal your material, which is surprising.
>>
>>46827825
I feel like I'm desensitized to that sort of shit. If there's enough enthusiasm and energy behind it I might even chuckle.

I couldn't give less of a shit about the various racial memes and stereotypes. They don't apply to me, so I can't bring myself to get offended on behalf of this big vague notion of "black."

Now if someone in the group insults me personally, that's a different issue entirely.

But hey, different people have different priorities and sensibilities. If it bugs you so much, ask them to tone it down around you.
>>
>>46826272
>When its culturally appropriate. If you go to !notegypt and everyone is white
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>46827762
I think they are clumsily trying to get to be within your circle of close friends. They have seen black guys make black jokes and call each other nigga in movies and tv, so if they did it with you they could be like yo brutha maaan.
They are dumb shits, but I honestly doubt they are being malevolent on purpose.
>>
>>46827924
If someone directly wraps me in a stereotype, even if that stereotype doesn't belong to me, it is insulting me. Just shrugging it off is fine, but pretending they aren't directing the comments at me but at some vague logos of Blackness, is just dodging the situation.

But I do what I consider worth doing. If it was just them, I would be fine with an ultimatum of 'cut it out, or we're done being friends'. But an ultimatum like that isn't worth losing multiple friends over, so I put up with an idiot.
>>
>>46827762
Man, where do you guys find these people? I'm lucky, dense, or both cause I haven't had to deal with this.
>>
>>46826272
Ethnic egyptians weren't black though, there's a difference between being African in general and being black.

The nubians which lived on the same area were actually black though
>>
>>46827963
Possibly, but it's hard to try to teach people that that's not okay. They were asshats anyway, so I don't feel bad for leaving. My current game, they definitely aren't trying to be friends. It's an online game, and none of them know I'm black, so I get the gift of waking up to the Skype chat about the jews being awful and the "nignogs" ruining everything. I used to not care as much. I used to frequent /b/ quite a bit back in the day. I guess it eventually started wearing me down.

I feel like they aren't going to change, and I'm not going to gain anything by trying to change them. They might tone it down, but that idea that black people are lesser is always going to be there, so I really should just move on.

I'm currently playing a white half-giant. Before him, I played a black human woman and a black half-giant. I didn't get any shit about race in my previous online group, but the playerbase slowly changed and the new players were all terrible. Like, the worst. If anybody is running a Pathfinder game online that doesn't have people itching to crack jokes about how impressive it is that I'm not in jail, drop a line?
>>
>>46828099
African is just a nationality. The genetic variation there is insane. To say egypt is any more different isn't accurate.
>>
>>46828090
It was actually my first gaming group ever. I haven't actually had any luck with IRL groups after leaving, so now I'm running through a gauntlet of hell. I'm glad you haven't experienced it. It's incredibly shitty.
>>
>>46827975
Geez, is the situation really so grave that you can't even politely ask them to cool it with the black jokes and explain that it makes you uncomfortable? I can't imagine something so trivial and benign turning someone into a social pariah.

I can't say what I would do in your position because, frankly, it is not a position I've ever found myself in. I've never really felt singled out the way you describe, and often times people make those jokes without even knowing I'm black. So from my point of view it's all empty nonsense with no animosity behind it. At least none directed at me.

But if you think they are closing ranks on you, yeah, you shouldn't put up with it.
>>
>>46827762
>he's so much of a pussy faggot that he can't handle a little bit of casual racist banter
I thought blacks weren't supposed to be overly sensitive nu-males.

>you're still subhuman to us
You are if you can't even handle some harmless jokes.
>but muh microagressions

>>46828132
Jesus christ, you really are a nigger faggot.
>the nignogs ruining everything
They are ruining everything; what's telling is that you still seem intent on associating yourself with them. Whites don't associate themselves with rednecks, so why is your skin color so important that you feel kinship with those subhuman apes?
I thought race didn't matter?
>>
>>46827825
I feel like original material is even worse. That just means they heard what you said, and instead of just repeating what they've been told, they created new material to mock you. They've put more effort into telling you you're less than them than most others.
>>
>>46826272
WE
>>
>>46828133
It's just that it rustles me that people equate African=Black. Once, SJW were lashing out at a movie for supposedly hiring a white actor for playing a egyptian. The guy was not only egyptian himself but had some ridiculously long arabic name. Native africans can be anything from a ebony black zulu to a blond berber.
>>
>>46828185
It isn't all that dire. Just annoying.
>>
>>46828245
>Native africans can be anything from a ebony black zulu to a blond berber.
Or a white South African.

They might not like it, but those white mother fuckers are African.
>>
>>46828190
You're either trolling or aggressively stupid.
>>
>>46828242
WUZ
>>
>>46828291
>you're just stupid
Cry me a river, nigger; my point still stands.
>>
>>46826137
>like when I was playing call of cthulhu and it made some social maneuvering difficult
I know that feel. I was planning on playing a pasty Irish fuck (I am a pasty Irish fuck irl) but then I decided to try something different. (not too different in terms of social context for the time period, but was fun for me.)

Side note, the GM loved to crack racist Irish jokes all the fucking time, but wasn't comfortable with having everyone say "boy" to my character. Fav decision I've ever made for RP.
>>
>>46828245
I see what you mean and agree.
>>
>>46828245
If you're talking about Exodus: Gods and Kings, then you're full of shit.
>>
>>46828355
Pretty sure he's talking about Gods of Egypt, which was also directed by an Egyptian.
>>
>>46828283
>>46828245
Yeah I doubt that was the problem at hand.

Probably something more like that 'Gods of Egypt' movie or whatever it was, having a mostly White, as if casting Black people is so hard.

Of course if you have too many Black people in a movie, the studios fear it will be perceived as a 'Black audience only film', like it will be the next Barbershop. White people have trouble putting up with a movie if there aren't at least a couple White people as 'main' characters, even if the fact that the movie isn't about White people is the whole point.
>>
>>46826688
>Whatever Katara is
A massive failure and general nuisance.
>>
>>46828397
you stop that right now
>>
>>46828378
>as if casting Black people is so hard.
In a movie about Egyptians, black people should be ancillary. Most modern Egyptians are genetically identical to Ancient Egyptians, and they're very much not black African. You only start getting black skin tones as common in the south, Aswan and the like, bordering the Sudan.
>>
>>46828378
See, I can tell you're an American by the way you divide the world into Whites and Blacks, with Africa=Black.
>>
>>46828377
Ah, carry on.
>>
>>46828378
My beef was not that they were complaining about whitewashing, it's that they were complaining about whitewashing on the case of the one actor that WASN'T whitewashing simply because he looked kinda white
>>
>>46828435
I can tell you are an american by the way you shitpost about being an american.
>>
>>46828422
And even by those standards, did the movie do a good job of casting by headlining scottish and Australian actors?
>>
>>46828378
Lad... you're sounding an awful lot like a braindead sjw. Look up the tumblr post being referred to. The problem was ignorance of the fact that not all Africans look the same, and they were screaming WHITEWASHING at the top of their lungs.

Also most movies aren't "about" white people. If you catch my drift... lad.
wew
>>
>>46828435
>>46828422
Same fagging here, but this is the thing that bugs me most about American racial politics. They don't want greater realism in films set or based on other cultures, they just want diversity for its own sake - and to Yanks, diversity just means black faces. It's no more accurate to have Denzel Washington play a pharaoh than Russel Crowe. Very few were campaigning for Rami Malek to get a role in any of this films.

Like that 'Oscars so white' thing. Pretty sure a film made by a Mexican swept that award show, and multiple Middle-Eastern and Asia folks were nominated for awards. But only black faces count for diversity points, and if black faces aren't involved it gets called 'white'.
>>
>>46828481
Son, either post the tumblr post in question, or stop referring to it like it is present. I'm not going to go track down some tumblr post just to have this conversation, boy.
>>
>>46828481
The funny thing was that they did the same because of Frozen, when the particular natives the characters in the movie were based off were eye-burningly white
>>
>>46828456
Pretty off base there mate.
>>
>>46828503
>American racial politics
You mean leftist racial politics, hoss.
>>
>>46828397
A better water bender than Aang?
The glue that held Team Avatar together?

Tell me, why are you so garbo?
>>
>>46828559
No, I mean American.
>>
>>46827744
I'm talking more like, muscle insertions and fibre types (these are determined by genetics) give European people a greater potential for strength and African people a greater potential for speed. Europeans tend to have longer muscles that grant better leverage, while Africans have shorter muscles that contract more quickly.

For example, the world's top sprinters are black, while the world's strongest men (as in the strongman competition) are white.

Before anyone starts talking about boxing, realise that speed is more important than strength. The WSM would be shit boxers, but they can flip cars and shit.
>>
Am I going crazy or is the thread getting less replies the more it's replied to?
>>
>>46828514
Did you just call me boy, mate?
Also ya, too lazy to track it down as well. So I'll just drop it. but trust me, there was some tier VII ignorance going on in that post.
>>
>>46828572
>leftist yanks
>"American"
You can have them.
>>
>>46828572
No, you don't. Trust me. The prevalence of racebaiting from the left is much higher than from the right. Although you wouldn't know it from going on /pol/ kek.
>>
>>46828600
You lost the war, you can leave again anytime and we will kick your ass again.
>>
>>46828584
Janitor is probably low on hotpockets and needs to actually do his job.
>>
>>46828623
>implying the leftists infesting your cities wouldn't cheer and celebrate that we left
The only people would have a problem with it are the commiefornians stuck in the southern cities.
>>
>>46828283
Look up Orania, the ethnically Dutch town in Africa. They all live in Africa, but it's basically a model society.
>>
>>46828514
Not him but just google gods of egypt whitewashing, there are more links than I feel like screencapping.
>>
>>46828645
Hey Buddy, you guys don't get to have any part of California. You can take Texas and nothing further west.
>>
>>46828668
I honestly don't care either way. Proper casting wouldn't have saved that shitshow. Twelve year olds on tumblr say stupid stuff every day. Nothing about it is worth talking about.
>>
>>46828493
I'm with you on that one. The less we get offended at every little thing the better.

Then again, even I sometimes see the word nigger and think of the guy that got lynched or torn apart by dogs for no better reason than wrong place wrong time. People often did get supremely fucked over the whole concept. It's sad to think about. Some people didn't deserves to get woken up in the middle of the night, dragged out of their home and left to dangle on their front lawn because Chuck got drunk and decided that it was niggers' fault he couldn't find work.

But to me, that's all the more reason we should try to own it and move past it, as opposed to pushing it away and pretending there are no differences between people and cultures. I long for a world where the word nigger has as little of its original weight as possible. Where we can laugh at our differences like it's no big deal. It's naive perhaps, but it's a nice thought.
>>
>>46828669
That's what I meant, the only people who would raise a stink are the commifornians in Austin and the like.
>>
>>46828132
I just don't understand why people with our hobbies tend to be so messed up in the head... or people in general, really. I'm sorry you have to deal with this shit. Damn I sure hate people who lack the ability to empathize or refuse to do so .
>>
Is there going to be anything else /tg/ related in this thread, or should I just go?
>>
>>46828758
Be the change you want to see in the world.
>>
>>46828706
>people called out casting an actual Egyptian in an Egyptian movie for whitewashing
>they should have had more blacks
>but that wouldn't have been historically accurate
>I'm gonna need citation on that tumblr post
>all you need to do is google it
>I don't really care lol tumblr is dum

I'll never understand why some people like arguing so much that will argue about shit they neither know or care about.
>>
>>46825637
JUNGLE FEVER
>>
>>46828758
You've definitely added to the conversation.
>>
>>46828583
Reminds me of something my father said. He was a cantankerous 'nam combat vet with a tendency to get into fights. He once told me that the big burly weight lifter guys often rely a lot on intimidation, because when it comes to an actual fight a man with a leaner physique that's experienced at fighting can punch circles around them. Not universally true, mind, but it happened often enough.
>>
>>46828132
I am up with playing with you if you will find some group, we will balance things out
>>
>>46828793
Even if one guy was Egyptian, a lot of the central cast were not. So I don't really understand why you're so smug about tumblr going off about the one lead in the movie that was actually African. The movie still had shit casting, regardless.
>>
>>46828758
There was earlier, but you've caught the tail end of a shitposting spiral. Expect WE WUZ KANGZ and people rping as angry blacks.
>>
>>46828805
Well that's probably more to do with the weightlifter guys spending their time weightlifting instead of learning to fight.

I lift and don't fight, but I'd say I've got a fair advantage over someone who does neither.
>>
>>46828827
As other people have already stated that it would be not be accurate. Casting black americans would be just as bad as white americans. The only thing I was smug about was telling you to google it, and I am justified you lazy fuck.
>>
>>46823247
Well?
>>
>>46826459
African Queen for sure. Give me that chocolate momma.
>>
>>46828877
And I've already stated that white or black, the casting was indeed Whitewashed because they didn't use ethnic Africans except the one guy you seem so proud of. So far I still haven't needed to look anything up to know you're just stuck on a 'tumblr was wrong' kick instead of paying attention to the conversation.
>>
>>46828861
Perhaps. He was under the impression that due to their bulk they had an inferior range of motion, so a person that didn't stand there waiting to get hit presented a problem.

That's just his experience, though. Purely anecdotal. He was known for being quick with his hands, but he wasn't deep into the science of brawling or anything.
>>
File: 1458777054533.jpg (44 KB, 600x732) Image search: [Google]
1458777054533.jpg
44 KB, 600x732
>mfw the only black nerd I ever knew turned out to be a diaper furry

I know you're reading this.
>>
>>46828809
Back to roll20. Having even one other person who understands the difficulties that can be faced in the hobby can do wonders. I find my biggest issue isn't REALLY what's being said, but the feeling of absolute isolation that comes along with it. It just feeds my depression, which causes me to spiral.

>>46828830
Oh, I was here earlier. Got called an oversensitive nigger and everything. Was just wondering if anybody that actually wanted to talk about /tg/ stuff was still around.

Anybody into games with miniatures? I've never tried anything other than ttrpg stuff. How's the atmosphere?
>>
>>46828980
We're all diaper furries, anon.
>>
>>46829021
Even a baby fur?
>>
>>46828912
I've really gotta stop trying to argue with trolls
>And I've already stated that white or black, the casting was indeed Whitewashed because they didn't use ethnic Africans except the one guy you seem so proud of.
Africans are varied ethnicly, the issue was americanwashing.

>So far I still haven't needed to look anything up to know you're just stuck on a 'tumblr was wrong' kick instead of paying attention to the conversation.
The conversation was about african ≠ black from the start, you are the one who can't follow the conversation
>>
>visit /tg/ at 1AM after a long day of work
>see this thread
>get excited
>see reply count
>get suspicious
>click
>yup, /pol/ beat me here

motherfucker

anyway i'm the only black dude in my group i just joined and they've been cool. we play d&d and some board games and one dude wants to start a shadowrun night. one of the crew is also in my wow guild and they all play magic. i dont play magic yet but i like the dudes so i come chill when they get together for it. nobody's given off even a casual racist vibe.

group before this was a little different. my first group after i moved to a new city. it was going okay but dude's girlfriend joined us one day and opened with "omg i didnt know you were black! michael, you have a black friend now!!" which, like, okay, let it slide. but like two hours later she was like "can i just say i am so impressed that you are so smart" which caused another guy in the group to join in and say "yeah, none of that ebonics bullshit" and when i must have looked stunned another member was like "whoa, that's racist" and this started the white boy angry response tornado. dudes throwing words back and forth about who was really racist, the girlfriend and the other dude (not her boyfriend surprisingly) start citing prison statistics and that's when i left and never went back.

so i'd say 50/50 so far
>>
>>46826897
are you that one guy who greentexted his relationship out here once?
>>
>>46829126
Holy crap, that second story is full of so much cringe. Hope your new current group keeps going well though.
>>
>>46826688
>>46828397

physically, she's fucking beautiful.

also, native. i dunno why the rest of the net think she's black.
>>
File: 1457757506815.jpg (52 KB, 510x702) Image search: [Google]
1457757506815.jpg
52 KB, 510x702
>>46826770
>>46826807
>>46828397
>all these Azula memers
>>
File: MFW.gif (184 KB, 200x122) Image search: [Google]
MFW.gif
184 KB, 200x122
>>46826459
I want them all!
I WANT THEM ALL!
>>
>>46829246
I did over at /co/, don't remember doing it here but I drink a lot during at night so who knows? I'm actually wasted right now.
Gonna go to bed, was a fun thread, not enough art.
>>
File: 1409701787460.png (374 KB, 600x1123) Image search: [Google]
1409701787460.png
374 KB, 600x1123
>>46829488
sex incarnate.

literally, sex.
>>
>>46825245
Is the girl hot?

Has the thought of entering her magical realm crossed your mind?
>>
>>46829577
shit, right thought this was /co/ for a bit
>>
>>46829126
Wait a second.

Wasn't there another reply to this post?
>>
>>46825400
>Nuwaubians
are those the ones who made that weird ass etymology character sheet looking image?
>>
>>46824846
>Keep seeing /k/ in /tg/

I mean I'm not complaining, but it constantly makes me forget where I am.
>>
>>46825400
I just did an essay on that group in my Minority Relations class.

The whole class was bullshit but those guys were.....interesting. In a really "hoky fuck you people believe this" sorta way.

I feel really bad for your friend. I'll pray for him at Mass and light a candle.
>>
>>46829645
/k/ rolls fairly deep on this board, actually. Moreso I find than /a/ or any of the various /v/ boards. I think only /his/ has teeg beat for most /k/ overlap discussion. Maybe /pol/ but I don't go there much.
>>
>>46829793
/k/'s autism can be very frustrating to deal with.
>>
>>46826459
The Okinawan
unf
>>
File: vomit-tan.jpg (101 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
vomit-tan.jpg
101 KB, 680x680
>>46829673
>my Minority Relations class.
>>
>>46829805
This. We don't even get the good /k/ autism here, just mostly the "guns beat everything ever and I hate melee and I'm making gunpowder in your fantasy game!" autism. Or maybe I just have a knack for checking the wrong threads at the wrong time, who knows.
>>
>>46828132
Man, Anon, hearing you bitch and bitch about it really makes me want to crack black jokes at you.
>>
File: Grasp.jpg (72 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Grasp.jpg
72 KB, 250x250
>>46824404

You know how non-aquatic people take surfboards to the beach? Well ...
>>
>>46829805
I'm usually happy to see /k/ posters, though here I find them to be frustratingly unimaginative. Insightful, but often so stubbornly stuck on history and realism that they are incapable of thinking outside of the box.
>>
>>46829269
you have won the most reddit post of the year award, now you must return
>>
>>46829827
That is exactly how I felt the whole way through. I had to take it for multicultural credits.

All I learned was its my fault for everything because im whitey
>>
File: Deadeye nopes the pain away.png (442 KB, 498x713) Image search: [Google]
Deadeye nopes the pain away.png
442 KB, 498x713
>>46829900
>I had to take it for multicultural credits.
>>
US BLACK GAMERZ HUH?
>>
>>46828734
Ugh yes they need to GO BACK
>>
>>46829841
That and they cannot look at a design beyond uber-realism and real world practicality. It's a little frustrating when the thread isn't concerning itself with such things.
>>
>>46829900
>I had to take it for multicultural credits.

I really, really hope you're making this up.
>>
File: best-thread-tg.gif (21 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
best-thread-tg.gif
21 KB, 350x350
>>46825197
Fuck you man, this thread is enlightening as all hell. 4chan anonymity is giving these black folks a chance to talk frankly about their experiences with us. I'm learning a lot over here.
>>
>>46829959
Nope. I am not.

It is a thing sweet anons.

The future is here, and it's PC af.
>>
>>46823819
We had a Big Dan, Danny, and Butt-Crack Dan in my club for a while. Then Butt-Crack Dan had a heart attack the week after I said I hoped he'd die so I didn't have to talk to him again.
>>
Being brazilian, I actually have lots of black friends.They're just regular people I guess. 50% are just autistic teenagers who just got into /tg/ stuff (exactly like the white ones) and the other 50% are pretty nice guys, not neckbeards or autists, just guys with jobs that allow them to spend money in MTG and other /tg/ stuff.

>tfw WE WUZ KANGZ tier movements are starting to become a thing here

I hope they don't start hating me just be cause I'm white.
>>
>>46829866
I doubt you're talking about my particular brand of autism that I occasionally unleash in a post or two here - but there's a real likeliness of evolution when it comes to firearms design.

Some concepts just werk™, and are really easy and clear jumps from certain lower level tech, and it wouldn't make sense to deviate from it.

Thinking outside the box is one thing, but doing something that completely and utterly goes against what amounts to universal truths is just hard to abide.
>>
File: Pop pop watchin' dragons drop.jpg (116 KB, 800x1028) Image search: [Google]
Pop pop watchin' dragons drop.jpg
116 KB, 800x1028
>>46829919
Yeah, cus. Imma be a orc cuz orcs is black, rite? Can my orc wear a do rag and hold his glock sideways when he robs ye olde 711? Also, what stat affects my character's ability to drop dope rhymes - cha, int, or wis(street wisdom)?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.