[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think our civilization would be mature enough to handle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 12
File: 1413128249478.jpg (553 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1413128249478.jpg
553 KB, 1920x1080
Do you think our civilization would be mature enough to handle a sudden emergence of magic, or would it quickly lead to our downfall?
Assume all humans gain magical potential and that mana is naturally produced by the body.
>>
>>46819682
they want to ban guns, why do you think people wouldnt want to ban magic?
>>
>>46819682
>sudden emergence
Do you mean spontaneous casting, or a discovery by a small group?
>>
>>46819682
Every major city would burn down overnight.
I know for a fact that if you gave everybody the ability to throw fireballs, a sizable chunk of them WILL do so at the earliest opportunity.
And it's much easier for a dozen morons to start a bunch of fires than it is for a bunch of freshly-empowered firefighters to figure out how to put a fire OUT with magic.
>>
>>46819682
If it was strenuous and required intense training, then it would be considered exercise and no one would do it.
>>
>>46819846

I'm imagining a bunch of good ole boy mages drunk and out in the woods randomly trying to summon a succubus to fuck and instead summon a fire demon that rampages through half the town.
>>
>>46819739
Even with weaponization, magic could still be considered a natural bodily process. The fact that casting a spell could come as naturally as breathing to some people makes all the difference.
>>46819832
The latter, but on a global scale.
>>
Short answer: it depends.

Long answer: After the initial panic and mass destruction caused by people suddenly throwing fireballs everywhere, within the next 5-10 years you'd see a massive swell in governments making a sort of "registered Magic-user" list/license, partly for the public's protection (only licensed mages can use dangerous/powerful magic, etc.) but mostly to watch/keep track of the mages themselves.

This leads to social/political upheaval, probably a revolution/civil war or two, and then all the mages say fuck it, we're building a moon base with our magic, fuck all you normies and your oppression.
>>
File: 1383620208892.png (63 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1383620208892.png
63 KB, 700x500
>>46819682
>Do you think our civilization would be mature enough to handle a sudden emergence of magic
No

>would it quickly lead to our downfall
No

It'd be like a trainwreck at the beginning, but it'd peter out into a slow and agonizing death after a while.
>>
>>46819682
It depends on what the magic does, fool
>>
>>46820009

But the OP said it's inherent in everyone. Granted I assume then it would be on the level as one develops physical skills. Just because you have the capacity to be a heavyweight lifter doesn't mean everyone is so i imagine it'd be similar where everyone could do some kind of magic to some degree but some can do it better than others.
>>
>>46819682
Shit, we can't handle the sudden emergence of chemical explosives, and we've had those for like eight centuries.
>>
>>46819682
Modern society would be fucked but humanity as a whole would be better off as some people would turn into living gods.
>>
>Africans wipe each other out because EVERYBODY is a witch
>>
>>46819682
How's it work?

I'm going to pretend it works like in Ra, and in that case it'll take us decades to engineer ways to efficiently kill each other - meanwhile you'll just have the occasional nerd adding too much kinetic energy to folks or aiming a microwave spell at somebody's face.
>>
>>46819682
>Assume all humans gain magical potential and that mana is naturally produced by the body.

This doesn't actually give enough information. How dangerous is magic, and how difficult is it to learn? Is it limited to fireballs and other evocations, or are summoning and enchantment possible? What form of magic is hardest to learn?
>>
>It's all fun and games until someone figures out how to cast wish
>>
>>46819682
Thought about this, there'd be chaos at first then governments would start creating their own sanctioned mage hunter groups who would have some sort of anti magic magic and basically regulate the fuck outta them
>>
What kind of magic? Vancian? I mean the sentiment will be about the same either way but the type, spellcasting reqs (materials, chanting, etc), common spells, and overall power level will change how it's handled after the initial panic.
>>
>>46819682
Chaos at the beginning until people figure out everybody else also have magic. At first, people will hide their powers because they don't want to be hunted down until enough people show their magic too. It would be hilarious to see a very conservative community wih everybody pretending they're not witches. Until they notice everybody else around them are laughing at them.
>>
>>46819682
I had this happen in a setting.
>Everyone wakes up one day permanently knowing at least 5 random spells
>The really smart and creative people had up to 15
>Every hostile, greedy, hated government was brought down in the most violently destructive riots in history across the globe
>Smart governments did their best to appease rioters
>The real smart ones turned the rioters on each other
>After 5 years, someone invented and made a device that could project an anti-magic field and made the plans freely available
>Things get back under control and non-casting and free casting zones are implemented.
>Laws limiting magic use for self defense are created such as castle or stand your ground laws
>All sorts of crazy jobs are created involving spellcasting, from powerplants run by blowing all your offensive spells to spin the turbines to personal teleporter for the rich and influential.
>>
File: 1386800233281.png (64 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1386800233281.png
64 KB, 700x500
>>46826933
Completely random spells?
>>
>>46819682
Can it create matter from nothing? Perpetual energy? How is the magical healing? Or purification of water? Its probably going to lead to a global civil war while the worldwide power structure rearranges.
>>
>>46828556
Yes, and those spells were with you for life. You might luck out and have teleport or even a resurrection spell, or just a shitload of shitty low damage attack spells. We made good use with what we had though.
>>
>>46819682
incoming /pol/

Mudslimes would fucking jihad the planet

Niggers would self annihilate, most of Africa would be on fire for the next decade, most major western cities would burn due to the odd congregation of minorities, not to mention the surge of minority supremacists groups

the Chinese would have a civil war once their rural population had the unregulated means to fight their overlords

Europe would burn overnight due to the migrants, but that's going to happen even if there's no magic, just slower

only cold to frigid regions would have a shaky peace

us fa/tg/uys would starve because we have no practical survival skills, and magic, even well practiced, is no guarantee of food

humans would survive, but only after a decade of war and global fires
>>
>>46828778

Man the dude with prestidigitation or create greater spaghetti and other shit must have been pissed as all hell
>>
>>46829040

I like the idea of Chinese revolutionaries storming their houses of government...Only to realize, to their ultimate horror, that the leader of the CCP is a dark wizard.

I also see Kim of NK force-choking people who disagree with him, while Trump is reborn as the God-Emperor of Mankind.
>>
>>46829091
trumps only power is "Yuge Wall of Force"
and "They call me the 'X' machine"
>>
>>46819682
>all humans
ok, but are some people better at it than others?
is it affected by gender, race, or age? do some disabilities decrease magic potential?
also, how quickly and easy is it for someone to get started?
how powerful can the average magic user be and how quickly can they get to that level? same question about the most powerful ones
what can be done? with it?
all of this affects how hard shit hits the fan
if it's super easy to figure it out and everybody is suddenly a lvl 20 wizard with all of DnD main and supplemental spellbooks at their disposal the planet would probably get blown into chunks by the end of next week
if the most people can do is restricted to their immediate locality and can barely be used to distress (not even harm or kill) one another, meh, people would be mindfucked for a while, but stuff stays the same
>>
>>46819682
Haha! Time for Necromancy!
>>
>>46829212
holy sheet

wat if the relation was inverse, and the more retarded you where the more power you get, the more cripple you are the more power you get, etc so that normal healthy people basically had a self anti-magic field
>>
>>46820009
So basically the plot of X-men
>>
>>46821199
Five star post.
>>
File: 1444194007839.png (1 MB, 752x732) Image search: [Google]
1444194007839.png
1 MB, 752x732
>you will never be a priest/monk who can summon demons to either banter with them or attempt to forcefully redeem them through some trials of penance
>>
>>46829079
I don't even want to be able to cast fireballs or summon the moon to my location but give me that shit
Don't have to move to clean? Summon food? Fuck yeah nigga you better believe I'm down

Shit even if I could choose and only choose five cantrips to third levels you'd better believe Prestidigitation is my first pick followed by Create Food and Water, Leomund's Tiny Hut, Misty Step, and Fly, obviously. I then proceed to hobo it up, since I can misty step out of prisons, hut to be safe when i sleep, fly to get around, generally i'm not in danger of starving or dying of thirst and PRESTIDIGITATION. Give me a sixth and it's speak with animals so I can train pigeons to shit on my enemies
>>
>>46829451
>Leomund's Tiny Hut
>Safe
Meh. It's very noticeable and easily penetrated.
>>
>>46828778

Hmm, I be happy with teleport and healing spells. It be like life on easy mode.
>>
>>46819682
It depends on how full retard extremist groups go. If they start shaking shit up and blowing up schools, martial law, or at least wizard swat, will happen pretty much instantly.
>>
>>46829566
>It depends on how full retard extremist groups go.
so full retard
>>
>>46829361
>you will never reenact Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>46819682
>a sudden emergence of magic
Where do you think you are?
>>
In the short term, it would basically bring about the apocalypse. In the long term, civilization would probably end up adapting to magic, and depending on how magic worked and how people were able to use it, it might be anything from a post-scarcity egalitarian world to a hellish diaspora run by thousands of magical tyrants.
>>
Stupid fucking question. Here's another one: What if everyone suddenly shat C4 and peed uranium?
>>
File: 43984886_big_p6.jpg (124 KB, 573x600) Image search: [Google]
43984886_big_p6.jpg
124 KB, 573x600
>>46819682
it would be the witch hunts all over again
either we'd be enslaved, imprisoned and killed, as witches by the newly "divine" casters from christfags and other religious folk, or our current forms of government would endure if completely destabilized in favor of a brand new economic and energy system. Either way would be a nightmare, A re-invigoration of dystopian of religious oppression, or a re-emergence of cultural backlash as magic provincial sentiment spreads and erodes ties to countries. Divided states in a state of disarray and mistrust.

Either way, the witches who taste magic first will be feared and attacked. Being of of the first to taste magic myself, my life would be uprooted, bounties on my head, I likely would be one of the first to be burned at the stake by southern fanatics.
>>
>>46829079
>>create greater spaghetti must have been pissed as hell
THAT PERSON WOULD BE OBJECTIVELY WRONG!
>>
File: allahcat.jpg (18 KB, 293x323) Image search: [Google]
allahcat.jpg
18 KB, 293x323
Imagine the Allahu Ackbars if they could use magic.
>>
>>46832352
>>46829566
>>46829589
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxo9iEX8W1c
>Snackbars with magick

Good times. We all know how this song and dance goes. One of them will luck out and get divination and then we're all fucked.
>>
>>46819874
>no effects in America
> revolutions occur and treaties are signed across the globe
>>
>>46819682
assuming our society survives such a shift intact. Expect a resurgence in eugenics. Breeding programs, selecting for large mana pools or production.
>>
It's really just a question of how much damage an untrained person can do with it. I imagine a lot of shit blowing up all over the place for a while
>>46832321
That's sort of based on the premise that witch hunts were about magic and not peasants blowing off steam
>>
>>46829589
I want to see a war between the KKK and Daesh with wizard powers. No matter who loses the world still wins.
>>
>>46832518
>>peasants
most witch hunts where initiated by inquisitors because judges and inquisitors got a share of the persons wealth per execution. when the hysteria rose to a fever pitch, they no longer had to accuse social dissidents as the peasants would do the work for them, they never discouraged it as it gave them money and kept the peasantry busy hating something unseen. they still would target enemies of the state who they felt where breeding sentiments they didn't like.

either way doesn't matter. Witch hunts where about destroying peoples lives who where different and stealing their wealth. The same would be true in this situation. Someone is doing something the religious folk don't like, their book has a clear answer to it, and the fear is primal (real 'devil' begotten magic, not your typical harry potter book burning, but witches floating books or predicting the contents of a safe they've never seen). Of course there will be violence, and because of the connotation magic has, we would be seen as witches for sure.
>>
>>46829250
Are you going to put the "romance" in necromancy, anon?
>>
>>46832616

It seems unreasonable to assume this would happen everywhere, as different countries have different views on religion and witchcraft.
>>
>>46832890
Probably not? who cares? most of us live in the western world. so most of us are concerned with how the western world would react. China would be hilarious though, that country would crack like a saltine thrown at a wall.
>>
>>46832616
>most witch hunts where initiated by inquisitors because...

I have a feeling that could vary considerably with location. An inquisitor trying to ply his trade in Cromwell's England for example might not be in for unmitigated success, but not for a lack of witch hunts.
>>
>>46820239
this is actually how magick works...
>>
If there's such an obvious division between superior and inferior, there would be tension. Ultimately, society will topple and turn into magocracy because weak can not rule the strong stably. They can, by deception and terror, but not for very long.
>>
>>46832988
the same could be done in reverse though, fighting the established religion could run a king into trouble, even if england historically got away with more bullshit than most, they where also an island nation and where harder to control.
>>
If everyone have magic powers that are better than guns, it would weaken the public order. Government monopoly on violence will vane. Social structure would become more malleable.

It would be throwing all the war development out of the window and returning to world where a stick or a fist is the biggest weapon there is. Just scaled up. Individualism will raise. Peer-to-peer relationship will become paramount again, rather than being wired through central authority.

Modern world as we know it will likely fall giving way to clan and tribal structure.
>>
File: Magic City1.jpg (134 KB, 990x619) Image search: [Google]
Magic City1.jpg
134 KB, 990x619
>>46819682
Some regions would be able to handle it and their society will be intact, other regions will go through revolutions or upheaval.

North America - fucking civil war with race wars and christfags and dumbass burning down cities and etc... Eventually it calms down.

Mexico - durg war escalates and other shit happens

South America - Same shit in Mexico along with wars between nations

Europe - It will burn. Europe has enough faggots so they don't need the immigrants for that shit to happen.

Russia - Vladimir Putin declares himself Tsar of the New Russian Empire

Muslims finally get their real Caliphate. I bet the Saudi will running that shit considering their family has 15,000 members. Hell there will probably be at least two Caliphates, one in central asia and another in the middle east.

South Asia - these nations already has problems with crime and corruption. Watch this whole place BUUURRRRNNN!

East Asia - Minor fighting in China but the CCP stays in power. I don't think the majority of the chinese people even cares whos in charge as long as they can live their life. North and South Korea goes to war. South wins obviously since their populations outnumbers North 2:1

Japan - I'll be moving here. Knowing all the JRPG this place is gonna fun

South East Asia - Civil War and shit. Watch the peasants in some nations rise up and etc. I honestly don't give a shit here.

In all our civilization would survive and even start advancing in a faster rate with magic to augment our technology. After the initial chaos there will probably be peace considering everyone has magic.

Man I cannot wait till we have a magic city like picture related
>>
>>46833129
What about Africa anon?
>>
>>46833378
Holy shit I forgot about Africa.

But meh, considering how africa is right now there will major civil wars nations against nations and crazy religious fanatics, etc... After all this said and done the majority of Africa will be in ruins and their population with decrease heavily. There will be few mega states in Africa at the end with vast territories in the North controlled by muslims.
>>
File: 1461295627375.png (288 KB, 450x354) Image search: [Google]
1461295627375.png
288 KB, 450x354
>>46833129
>>china
>>not full of conquered states looking to break free from censorship and oppression.
the whole point of unchecked magic is governments will HAVE to take action. they have to interfere. And china already fucks with its peoples lives more than most states.

I wonder what people would even try to do with magic? like power and witch tea parties are a must but what about the more creative goals? the aesthetics of the developments? new magical food? New methods of arcitecture? will the aesthetics modernize or harken back to olden times?

Will the uniform of a witch be robe like or more modern and militaristic? will they rock a barret or steepled hat? will they combined both into one?
>>
>>46833701
The thing about China is that it's a strongly superstitious populace outside if the government control, and in many rural place the government has zero impact on the populace outside of taxation.

Things would be very confused for a long time between the cities and the countryside. the Wulin would probably rise again, which would make things that much messier.
>>
I don't know about you but I'd follow my dream and put on a bunch of rags, get a big ass gnarled staff, and be all mysterious.

Also would it be just magic or would it be everything magic entails? Like would portals to the faewyld open up on leylines and magical races start appearing in the remaining wilderness.

Also if everyone can be a mage and considering our current literacy rate theres gonna be a couple of civil wars that maybe launch us back to the stone age as whoever wins doesn't want the populace able to learn magic so they kill the literacy rate of the next few generations.
>>
It depends mostly on the type of magic.

Magicians: (i.e. Magic=science a la /tg/ trope): Things are gotten control of very quickly and it becomes fairly institutionalized - though most murder by magic cases will probably end in immediate execution/recruitment to governemnt controlled situations as holding a magician prisoner is dangerous.

Wizardry (Personal talents combined with some formuliac learning, such as Harry Potter style stuff). This si where things become a little more confused and risky. The chaos and lack of control would get under control pretty qquickly, and this is where eugenics and cabals really rear their heads.

Magecraft (all magic is personal magic, there are no formulas or absolutes): This would probably be the most magical of worlds, and the least susceptible to the chaotic mess of the others, since your magic is yours, and while you might be able to do things simialrly to others, there's no actual way for training to take the place of talent.

Sorcery (power is limited only by mana and imagination): Hell on earth is the least of your worries in this scenario. Anarchy would be the best of all possible worlds, and there would be no telling what madness would be unleashed into the cosmos.
>>
>>46833129
What about Australia?
>>
>>46833989
eaten by spider dingos and dragon platypuses.
>>
>>46829079
You realize that anytime they are at a dinner, and someone brings out spaghetti, they get to say "This spaghetti is pretty great, but mine is greater", right?
>>
>>46834215
NO SANS, DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME!
>>
File: 1450583772553.jpg (87 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450583772553.jpg
87 KB, 500x500
>>46823332
Someone inteligent enough to fuck with wish properly. Give it to an idiot and he'd become a wealthy powerful fuck. Give it to some mischevious one and imagine him wishing that x = x+1, or to abolish law of constant mass, or any of physics laws or something alone these lines.
Also, whole idea is pic related.
>>
>>46833989
I honestly see this shit happening >>46834015. All it takes is for some faggot to fuck up and we got giant spider alert all over the continent. But I see some fighting happening. Eventually it will die down but there might some heavy damages.

New Zealand will likely stay intact. Honestly I don't even hear any shit from them in the news. They are probably too happy with their lives there to start burning shit down.
>>
>>46834421
what would X=X+1 even do? is it calculable?
>>
>>46834233
Caught me by surprise,I chuckled.
>>
>>46834517
No, not really, and that's the whole point. When something is a paradox but happens anyway in a non-theoretical sense, it's best to assume that fuckery ensues.
>>
>>46834517
I may be totally mistaken here but because of that you could get the equation 2=2+1 which translates to 2=3. However, 3 also equals 4, 4 equals 5, 5 equals 6, etc etc.

It would basically destroy mathematics as we know them. The actual impact this would have on the world? That depends on what and how it effects established equations and if those equations getting fucked fucks whatever the equations represent (such as any law of physics).
>>
>>46829266
>and the more retarded you where the more power you get,
What would happen if this happen:
>guy is retarded
>get extreme magical powers
>decide to use magical powers to make him ultra smart
>>
>>46834562
>>46834629
wouldnt this break thermodynamics?
>>
>>46819682
Our civilization can't even handle technology. Give a negroe a gun, and he will gleefully murder and rob others without considering the consequences. Imagine what he'd do with Ascended Hex of Crippling.
>>
>>46834517
>what would X=X+1 even do? is it calculable?
This could turn the world into a strange unary system

1 is = 0
11 is =1
111 = 2
>>
>>46834629
>if those equations getting fucked fucks whatever the equations represent (such as any law of physics).
They don't represent shit, they merely try to predict.
>>
>>46834787
>>>/pol/
back to your containment board stormfront
>>
>>46834922
Better to not answer. Nothing a /pol/luter loves more than jumping at any chance to cry "I'M BEING OPPRESSED".
>>
The richer countries would have more resources to study magic, thus leading to stronger spells.
However, the poorer, wartorn countries have more people willing to fight, and since magic would be a pretty even playing field strength-wise in the beginning, whoever has the most wizards wins.
Unless normal technology still works well against magic ofcourse, in which case the same things that are happening now will continue to happen, but on a larger and faster scale.
>>
>>46833016
Except magic isn't real, dummy. And adding that K at the end of it only serves to make you look edgy as fuck.
>>
>>46834922
>>46834940
tumblr pls kys
>>
>>46819916
>magic could still be considered a natural bodily process
Like people never tried to forbid certain bodily processes.
>>
>>46835252
Sodomy is still degeneracy, tumblrina
>>
>>46829079
>implying prestidigitation isn't the most kickass spell to have in real life
Like, sure, everyone else can shoot fireballs, but I can just flick my hand and basically clean my whole house. It's mediocre in DnD or other adventure heavy settings, but for commoners/real people, it is EASILY the spell with the most day to day utility by fucking MILES.

The culinary effects of being able to change the flavor of foods would have AMAZING ramifications. I'd fucking open a salad bar that sells salads that fast like you are eating a nice thick t-bone stake.

It can also instantly generate an entire cosplay outfit. Fairly low quality and fragile, but ask any cosplayer "Would you wear a low quality fragile cosplay if it took up literally no storage space and took literally 6 seconds to fully put it on?" There would be no fucking question.
>>
>>46819682

Okay, here's a twist on this.

What if, tomorrow, divine magic became real? To clarify, faithful believers of major religions (The big ones, Christanity, Islam, et cetra) find that they have the power to work miracles. The two criteria are: Extremely strong faith in their religion, and a follower of a major religion.

Obviously, this disqualifies a LOT of people immediately. I assume that 99% of the world's priests won't be able to work divine miracles, of course. The most unexpected people would be able to - A few imams, some jihadist fighters, people from the Westboro Baptist Church...Basically, it's belief, not morality that matters.

They can work miracles that are 'in theme' with their interpretation of the religion. However, there's no confirmation that God (or gods) or an afterlife exist: It's just that prayer and ritual work, for no apparent reason. Someone or something is answering prayers and granting the power to work miracles. The miracleworker must genuinely believe - or *know* that God exists, the same way that we *know* gravity exists.

What happens next?

Well, for a start, I think this places a lot of power in the hands of people we REALLY, REALLY would not want to have power. It also leads to massive amounts of upheaval, with lots of new Messiahs running around. The Catholic Church likely collapses, unless they have a figure to rally around. (Call me cynical, but I don't think the Pope would be a miracleworker.) There are renewed jihadist attacks, mass hysteria (that might not be hysteria after all), cults springing up like wildfire, terrible amounts of violence.

So what happens next?
>>
>>46835679
The Western world goes to shit after all the Allahu Akbars, being mind controlled by Jews, throw a giant fucking Goku bomb at America and Europe, killing every single white person on the planet. Civilization is kill.
>>
>>46835679

For the sake of the argument, assume that it's only the most popular religions that 'work'. Fringe cults that don't at least run on some variant of a widely-accepted belief don't qualify. Please don't do stuff like "Oh, I believe really strongly in myself, so I should get powers too." Think of it more as the terrifying, inexplicable miracles you'd read about in the Old Testament, where people like Moses were basically tools in the hands of God and not really knowing whether the power would come or how it would work.
>>
File: exudesu.png (287 KB, 722x400) Image search: [Google]
exudesu.png
287 KB, 722x400
>>46835679
>atheists get nihilism-based powers and become basically Exdeath
>>
>>46835679
So basically Muslim extremists who completely ignore their religions core tenants (i.e. All of them) would get nothing, while the quiet shy introverted Muslim girls all become gods?

I'm down with that.
>>
>>46835805

No powers for atheists. I'm trying to avoid the whole fedora-tipping thing here, or attempts to game the system.

>>46835832

Well, Mohammad was a genuinely bloodthirsty and violet warlord. Same for the Bible. Someone who's all 'end-times-prophet, fire-and-brimestone' is as eligible for miracleworking as a kind, gentle priest who's spent his entire life tending to the poor and the less fortunate.

In fact, violent extremists would have the most potent-seeming powers. Sure, they won't be able to heal people or soothe madness, but they'll have the power to drag gays and heathens and infidels down to hell, or to call down angels to turn abortion centers into pillars of salt.
>>
>>46835832
No, you only think you're down with that.
What you fail to realize is that the end result is The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi on an incomprehensible scale.
>>
>>46820616
We've handled it just fine, thank you.
>>
Its really a matter of the coin toss. Who gets magic first? People with sense? Or people with anger, hate ect?

I imagine it like x-men, really. The ability to abuse it will far outshine the ability to utilize it for the better of man. You will have alot of governments trying to control it and come up with counter measures first. Task forces of magic vs. magic and there will be alot of normal vs. different. It just matters who can start out with it first.
>>
>>46833701
I can think of only three regions that would possibly want to break away with China still having a massive population and resources the regions are where the ugyers live Tibet and Inner Mongolia
>>
>mature enough

That would imply that the force handing out the magic cares. Creation follows destruction follows creation follows destruction. As the wood grows back stronger after the fire, so too must there be destruction before there can be renewal.

Life, unchecked, grows stagnant and complacent. Therefore, the forces of destruction must work constantly to keep the playing field level.

A force of destruction capable of directing itself until the very moment it burns out, no longer needed, is an excellent one indeed.

Go now, ye chosen ones. It is the will of this world that all things burn, that the survivors might be born anew and vibrant. Your purpose will soon be fulfilled.
>>
>>46836237

I'm starting to get a Worm vibe from all this, though the whales were never this eloquent.
>>
>>46819682
People with higher power levels would almost immediately flex their muscles and destabilize the known world order.
Society would straight-up collapse, only to rebuild.
There would be basically be no way to enforce 'weapon control' outside of a powerful antimagic field, which may not actually exist.
The energy economy would collapse as everyone would switch to magifuel equipment, which is easy to tap, plentiful, and self-regenerating.
Think Guilty Gear, but everyone is a Gear of variable power.
We can only hope the Sol Badguy equivalent ends up being a cool dude rather than a teenage edgelord. He'd likely be Chinese or Indian by way of sheer numbers. If the power are genetically based, you know some faggot's gonna start up a supersoldier project.
>>
>>46835679
>what happens next
Pretty much everyone gains do come magic in short order. There's nothing quite like irrefutable evidence to make people who were sort of on the fence or lapsed in their beliefs abruptly reconsider their prior stances. Not even in a "but I want powers too!" way, either. If I saw a Rabbi falling down fire from the sky or a Catholic raising the dead, I don't think there'd be the slightest doubt in my mind that God was real.
>>
>>46819682

Probably the return of a sort of feudalism, with the people who have the best powers taking the role of kings, able to order those beneath them, bowing only to those whose powers cancel theirs somehow.

The man with the anti-magic field who works out is Emperor of the new Magic World Empire. Long may he live.
>>
>>46835345
It means abortion or other stit like self mutilation
>>
>>46836558
Or gets sniped from a mile away via magical railgun.
>>
>>46835345
>muh duhgenercy
You're just proving her point.
>>
>>46819846
Weather Control
>>
>>46835679
Get some write fags on this, call it God Decides To Freelance
>>
>>46833129
>Japan - I'll be moving here. Knowing all the JRPG this place is gonna fun
FUCKU YUU GAIJIN PIGGU
ME HAVE BIG SURPRISU FO YUU
>>
>>46835679
I'd leave for Japan and join Shinto
>>
>>46835679
You realize that Taoists would be the most powerful wizards of all since Taoist sorcery was a thing since forever.
>>
Does United states have a chance to remain a republic if the country doesn't end up like /pol/ fantasy race war zone
>>
>>46819885
"Err Jim, i can't thenk proparly. But don't succubi have tits instread of fire?"
>>
>>46819846
Exactly what prevents pyromaniacs from starting a bunch of fires right now? Same shit applies to throwing fireballs.
>>
>>46839034
what about cryo and hydro mancers from stopping them
>>
>>46839070
how about bulletmancers
those'll stop a man
>>
>>46832616
What about people with healing magic?
>>
>>46836670
>Using her for unknown gender
Why?
>>
>>46819739
yeah but not everyone is born with a gun, and magic could have daily uses
>>
list of random spells

- fireball
- greater fireball
- waterball
- summon greater banana
- bleachball
- peeball
- ride the lightning
- summon light
- create trash bag
- deflower
- infinite stapler
- reanimate earthworm
- enhance toe
- summon rabbit
- superglue
- mirror
- summon chair
- blinkless
- wall walk
- waterproof hair
- mold growth acceleration
- summon flesh
- levitate plywood
- third nostril
- teleport bookcase
- water into wine
>>
>>46839782
Tumblerina implies female.
>>
>>46841593
>tfw Beth at the office won't let me use her infinite stapler
>Mike filled the breakroom fridge with summoned rabbits as a prank
>Someone cast superglue on all the toilet seats
>Security found video of Tiffany casting deflower on herself during their investigation into her alleged sexual assault complaints
>Dave got fired for being drunk on the job after someone cast water into wine on his stomach after he drank a bottled water
>>
>>46819682
>Western civilisation is riddled with extremist opposing views on social justice and traditional values, becoming ever further militant in their behaviour
>Middle east is riddled with militant groups figuratively eating eachother alive
>Africa is overrun with corrupt politicians and warlords literally eating eachother alive
>Asia full of hiveminded sods whose nations are waiting fully erect for an opportunity to take over the world
>Australia full of already deadly animals that only exist to shit up your day
>Russia full of insane alcoholic slavs
>Magic accessible to all of these

The globe will go up in flames within a comically short amount of time.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.