[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What is Exalted? An epic high-flying role-playing game a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 2j9tg2.jpg (63 KB, 600x668) Image search: [Google]
2j9tg2.jpg
63 KB, 600x668
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Core is finally out, what game ideas do you have?
>>
>>46816341
>Core is finally out, what game ideas do you have?
I've actually been in a game for several months, but if I were to run one it would be Sinbad-meets-Elric in the Dreaming Sea.
>>
From last thread:
>Disappointing. I just checked Volcano Cutter and it looks like the average person doesn't get to use its evocations for 5+ turns.
>>
File: 1386813425745.jpg (27 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
1386813425745.jpg
27 KB, 600x601
>>46816341
>>Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
Greatest thing since
round bread
>>
>>46817320
>round bread
Speaking of, on Creation...can you teleport bread?
>>
>>46817389
depends if bread is hexagonal or heptagonal
>>
>>46817415
are the number of sides important?
>>
What do Celestial level attack spells look like?
>>
>>46817639
Five seconds of bright light and then your face catches fire, your teeth melt and your eyeballs explode.

In other words, like looking into the opened Ark of the Covenant.
>>
File: highimpactexaltedviolence.png (234 KB, 476x493) Image search: [Google]
highimpactexaltedviolence.png
234 KB, 476x493
>>46817693
>>
File: slWgGrd.jpg (158 KB, 1596x914) Image search: [Google]
slWgGrd.jpg
158 KB, 1596x914
>>46817713
>>
File: Sir Christopher Lee.jpg (308 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Sir Christopher Lee.jpg
308 KB, 768x1024
>>46817639
>>
I see the 3e map added a lot more water in the East, but no more land in the West. Feels like some wasted space there.
>>
>>46818162
Pretty sure the Caul is new, the big island in the Southwest. And Wu Jian.
>>
>>46817508
Always.
>>
Onyx Path continues the tradition of White Wolf's atrocious editing. From the index:

> Attributes 121, 123-125, 127, 129, 134, **148-149**, 169, 177, 213, 228, 240, 331, 401, 413, 494, 508, 530, 545. See also Character Creation.

Page 121 is part of character creation overview, page 123 is merits applying to attributes, page 124 is bp cost of raising attributes, page 125 is mortal character creation including attributes, page 127 is character creation summary, page 129 is part of sample character creation. So these are redundant with "See also Character Creation" as you've now indexed the majority of pages in Character Creation. *Individually.*

The bolded 148-149 is where Attributes are actually explained.

Page 134 is a throwaway mention that Attributes are some of the many Traits that describe your character.

Page 169 is about Willpower, and only mentions attributes in the sentence "Like Attributes and Abilities, Willpower is a rating, and it may be increased by spending bonus points or experience."

Someone please explain to Onyx Path that "index" is not supposed to mean "Do a ctrl-f and list every resulting page".
>>
File: areyouserious.gif (744 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
areyouserious.gif
744 KB, 245x300
>>46818162
...ok

Fill it. That's what I did.
>>
>>46816341
Does the core release mean that I might actually find people to play this online with now?
>>
>>46817389
I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days.
>>
File: DeliciousBrownGirl.jpg (2 MB, 1446x2046) Image search: [Google]
DeliciousBrownGirl.jpg
2 MB, 1446x2046
>>46818870
>Someone please explain to Onyx Path that "index" is not supposed to mean "Do a ctrl-f and list every resulting page".

Good job Anon, now they're gonna have to edit the book again for another 7 months to fix it.
>>
>>46818870
For reasons I cannot adequately explain, this post just made my day. God bless you anon, and thanks for your work.
>>
>>46819412
Lucky Star + Monos?
>>
File: dealwithmacguyver.gif (843 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
dealwithmacguyver.gif
843 KB, 640x449
>>46819267
>>
>>46819430
Just what the doctor ordered, yes.
>>
File: 1382826916579.png (53 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1382826916579.png
53 KB, 700x500
>>46819490
>>
>>46819964
I have no idea what that image is trying to convey, so I'll take it as an invitation to post more Monogataris.
Or Madogataris as the case may be, he he he he he
>>
>>46820195
>>
>>46820195

Where is Crab/best girl?
>>
>>46820274
Why, off being best girl, of course.
>>
>>46816708

It's really a weapon for long, drawn out fights but Peony Blossom Technique, One Weapon Two Blows, and anything else that allows you to make extra withering attacks helps speed it up.
>>
>>46819267
>Good job Anon, now they're gonna have to edit the book again for another 7 months to fix it.

While they're at it, maybe they can take a cue from 2e which organized its Character Advancement table like this:
(trait) (experience cost) (training time)
but 3e has for some reason split this into two separate tables:
(trait) (experience cost)
and a page later
(trait) (training time)
And to add insult to injury, the second of those tables sprawls across a page boundary and is interrupted by a sidebar.
>>
>>46821198
It may read worse than some of my freshman research papers, but once some of the problems are sorted out or houseruled away, I've really been enjoying the system in general and the mechanics in particular.
>>
>>46821198
but don't you know anon 2e was the worst RPG of all time and literally everything about it was shit and toxic and stupid
>>
>>46821254
what houserules do you use?
>>
>>46821254
I know it's not perfect presentation, but by the standards of RPG rulebooks it's distinctly above average. Which is sad, but true.
>>
File: creation3e.jpg (7 MB, 2890x1870) Image search: [Google]
creation3e.jpg
7 MB, 2890x1870
I'm ST'ing for the first time tonight, no one in the group having experience with playing the setting before.

Should be fun :D
>>
>>46822887
>:D
please dont my man
>>
>>46821198
whoa

shut up dude

you couldn't even afford maria

she's the best

ever

-holden
>>
Do we have any idea when the Backer charms are coming out? Other than never hurrdurr, of course.
>>
File: 144267612891.gif (478 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
144267612891.gif
478 KB, 500x375
>>46823018
>>
>>46822887
Good luck
>>
>>46823018
No word on those yet, but it's going to be in a separate pdf disconnected from the core book.
>>
>>46823018
They're written, but they're waiting for art for some reason.
>>
Someone summarize the major changes since the backer pdf? Which abilities' charms are different, that sort of thing?
>>
>>46824041

Mists of Eventide's control effect got nerfed, lots of little tweaks here and there, reflexive/supplemental wording got cleared up, attacker/defender Charm order got made explicit.

Nothing huge, just dozens of little things.
>>
>>46824041

Someone on the forum broke down most of the non-art changes.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/869500-final-pdf-what-s-new?p=869629#post869629
>>
>>46824071
>>46824118
Outstanding bugs include Sledgehammer Fist Punch still needing to realize that feats of strength don't have damage rolls, counterattacks being ambiguous, Dawns that aren't built like shit being basically undefeatable no matter how much 'tactics" you apply, Dreaming Pearl Courtesan being accidentally left off the ToC, and Holden and Morke still being liars. But it's definitely improved from the backer PDF, albeit only a bit.
>>
>>46824180

>counterattacks being ambiguous

I'm unfamiliar with this complaint. What's ambiguous about it?
>>
File: LunarTail.jpg (63 KB, 736x955) Image search: [Google]
LunarTail.jpg
63 KB, 736x955
>>46824180
>Dawns that aren't built like shit being basically undefeatable no matter how much 'tactics" you apply

That should be working as intended. They're meant to be the steamroller that facefucks everything else in a fight.
>>
>>46824230

Some Charms (mostly in the MA chapter) are written assuming there's a general counterattack procedure, when this isn't the case, so it's ambiguous if e.g. Crane Form's counterattacks happen between the attacker's attack and damage rolls, or after them, or what.

For the Charms that specify when and how their counterattacks happen, it isn't a problem.
>>
>>46824245

Nevermind that, considering the long string of dead Dawns I've heard about, I'm guessing his conception of "not built like shit" goes something like "5/5, 10-Charm combat investment with perfect knowledge of the enemy combatant and no bad rolls on my end."
>>
>>46824295
Addendum: "Also, I don't have anything to do for the next week, so I have a full bar of motes and willpower to spend freely without any consideration for later today."
>>
>>46824295
>10 charm investment

Only?

And 5/5 with appropriate specs has always been considered the norm of anyone even trying to pick up a weapon and not die in previous editions, see no reason it'll differ here.
>>
How good is grappling compared to other methods of fighting in Ex3? Thinking of putting together a Macho Man to make use of Savage Attacks.
>>
>>46824344
>>10 charm investment
>Only?
10 Charms sunk into your Supernal is a pretty good sign you're way too deep into it, and are going to just suck and fail outside your specialty.

>And 5/5 with appropriate specs has always been considered the norm of anyone even trying to pick up a weapon and not die in previous editions, see no reason it'll differ here.
Speaking from play experience, a 3/3 with Bulwark Stance (and the Excellency) is plenty.
>>
>>46824381
>and are going to just suck and fail outside your specialty.

Thats why the rest of the circle exists.
>>
>>46824355

Really good. Grappling as a primary combat style is more or less built around forcing the other guy's team to make "rescue him now or I unscrew his face like a pickle jar" choices.
>>
>>46824403

The rest of the circle can't protect you from your Resolve being shit.

If anything they'll have to protect THEMSELVES from you if you can't at least do a little word-tango.
>>
>>46824264
Also there's no rule saying whether or not you can counter an attack multiple times with multiple counterattack charm activations.
>>
>>46824381
Actually I was gonna say--it's really having Bulwark Stance/FFBS and a multiattack charm that does it. Being immune to onslaught penalties and being able to inflict them on enemies that are not immune is *big* in this game.
>>
>>46824430

You shouldn't be engaging in social shit if you're not built for it. Let the Zenith handle it.

If people try to mindfuck you, hit them.
>>
>>46824477
>You shouldn't be engaging in social shit if you're not built for it. Let the Zenith handle it.
You don't get a choice, fuckboi, especially when your piss-terrible Guile flashes an Intimacy like a big vagina just waiting to be fucked.

>If people try to mindfuck you, hit them.
You do know that MDV: Fist doesn't exist anymore, right? By the time you know they're going to throw an influence at you, it's already too late to attack.
>>
>>46824497

>You do know that MDV: Fist doesn't exist anymore, right? By the time you know they're going to throw an influence at you, it's already too late to attack.

Willpower no longer exists? Good to know.
>>
>>46824530

Decision Points won't save you every time, for one, and they'll only buy you another turn at best, for two.
>>
File: GrandFuckingGoremaul.png (599 KB, 985x866) Image search: [Google]
GrandFuckingGoremaul.png
599 KB, 985x866
>>46824497
>You don't get a choice, fuckboi

Neither does the poor socialite when you brutally sodimize him with a grand goremaul for trying to mindfuck you.

I'll wager the combat built Dawn can slam a socialite to death before a socialite can get dug into his psyche.
>>
>>46824561
Social isn't a fucking psychic attack. I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but responding to someone trying to talk to you by killing them is the action of a psychopath.

Seriously dude, drop this 2E shit about 5/5's and MDV fist. The game doesn't need it anymore.
>>
>>46824554

Well he can't use the same course of attack on my intimacies. I don't know how many I have he can exploit in the same way for the same result. Or how much he can get out in a round since it says social attacks in combat are limited compared to normally since you only can get out a few words per round. By then he is going to be in a world of hurt. And that is assuming you put no dots into Integrity and did not make it favorite so you can just excellency it to boost your defense. All which requires no charms.
>>
>>46824608
Yeah, you don't really have to worry about being completely mindswished by a single successful social attack anymore anyway. If you have a real commitment to your ideals and goals and nature one social hit isn't going to be enough to completely destroy that.
>>
>>46824608
>but responding to someone trying to talk to you by killing them is the action of a psychopath

And thats usually where about you should rest on the "Don't fuck with me" meter for a combat character so people don't try to mess with your head.
>>
Hello all, formula sheet maker here. I remembered I had a copy of the previously linked blank character sheets in the four different colors that I built my sheet off of, so I added them to a folder along with the formula character sheet here.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwyJI12tpYrmUUpqRkc3RzRSVkE&usp=sharing

If someone could let me know if you can access them that would be great.

Further, I was thinking of putting in a switch that would allow you to change the color scheme of the sheet since I know a few of my friends have said they don't like the color I have used. Instead of having to keep 4 different sheets up to date I could probably play around with conditional formatting to recolor the entire sheet based upon your preferences.

Which brings me to the point of this, are the four colors the original sheets were made in good for everybody? I'm not too good with AESTHETICS so if anyone has some good ideas outside the sheets we have that'd be nice to hear.
>>
>>46824685
Am I right now trying to mess with your head? Because if you think I am then you too might be a psychopath.

Jokes aside, someone talking to you in this edition isn't an attack on everything you stand for. People can persuade you, lower or raise your intimacies and the story improves for it. Your character isn't turned into an automaton subservient to someone else. If your character responds to words with violence then you can only tell the story of the mad-killer and nothing else.
>>
>>46824723
Just checked, I can access that fine.
>>
>>46824355

It's good if you can connect, but grapples being gambits (and therefore, decisive) means it takes a lot of effort to get a good shot at actually landing one against a good opponent.

Also, gambits can't be used when you're crashed, so if you're crashed, you're screwed insofar as using your shtick.

For reference, I'm playing a (non-Dawn) brawler in my current game. Last combat, I near-botched my initiative roll (2 off 10, or something stupid like that), got crashed the first round, and then did basically nothing the rest of the combat.
>>
File: 1449029067401.gif (823 KB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
1449029067401.gif
823 KB, 260x173
>>46824408
>rescue him now or I unscrew his face like a pickle jar
>>
anybody got a download link for the release pdf yet?
>>
>>46825201
In the OP my man.
>>
>>46825048

Underrated post.
>>
>>46824652
Wh-yes you fucking do! Presence, Performance, and Linguistics all have instant-kill "no you don't get a Decision Point lol GG" effects that cannot be blocked or avoided and are applicable in combat time.

It's just that you can't MDV fist them. Someone with Performance Supernal can instantly hit any opponent with Memory-Weaving Discipline to write them down on the sheet as a permanent ally, and only fiat-level ST opponents armed with Solar Integrity Charms can resist, no book antagonist has a chance.

Combat lethality is lower, but social mind-fu is now an absolute path to power, and any build that doesn't have access to at least one Social Supernal, Stealth Supernal, or Brawl/Melee Supernal is objectively not really competitive. You can choose not to compete with those builds, but you can't choose TO compete with any other.
>>
>>46826799

Memory-Reweaving Discipline still isn't an instill action, and it still doesn't explicitly alter Intimacies, so it still can't do that.
>>
>>46826799

>What are "I go before you" attack charms?

Since the argument is Dawn vs Socialite, If you can't splat them when it's absolutely necessary, you're a failure.
>>
>>46826842
And just normally eroding or reinforcing or creating an intimacy is a longer process than just that, IIRC.
>>
>>46826799
You've got penalties directly to successes if you make outrageous claims, so if you throw out an "ACTUALLY WE'RE BEST FRIENDS" to the Dawn attacking you, unless you go hard with the dice and their tricks they have a fair chance of resisting since they can still summon Intimacies to defend with, a Major one probably being the average, and boost it with Excellencies if they have Integrity favored.

And again, like >>46826842 said, it doesn't create an Intimacy for you, just makes them believe that. They still care for you because they that those memories and people care for stuff that isn't on their Intimacy list but you wouldn't be on there which means you couldn't really persuade them to do anything. They would probably stop attacking you, so you've got that, but to get a fair shot you've blown a shit ton of motes and 1 willpower and the party social guy can, much more easily convince their friend you're full of shit.
>>
File: 1383011605003.png (89 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1383011605003.png
89 KB, 800x600
>>46824723
Access granted.

>are the four colors the original sheets were made in good for everybody?
Sure?
I don't know, never really that much into aesthetics myself.
>>
>>46824608

Honestly, if the enemy is a known orator, you should NEVER listen to him. Your only answer should be "Shut the fuck up and die."

He can't MAKE you listen. If you keep attacking him, he's going to get slaughtered if he tries to keep talking.
>>
>>46824381
>10 Charms sunk into your Supernal is a pretty good sign you're way too deep into it, and are going to just suck and fail outside your specialty.

You what mate? 10 is a bare minimum. If you actually want to be a murderzord 15 is low-end and you really should be shooting for 20+ in the first couple of sessions.

>Speaking from play experience, a 3/3 with Bulwark Stance (and the Excellency) is plenty

Yes, but it's less than 5/5 isn't it? In a world where dice pools are releative and don't exist as dharma, that matters.
>>
>>46824497
It's never too late to roll join battle.
>>
>>46826799
>any build that doesn't have access to at least one Social Supernal, Stealth Supernal, or Brawl/Melee Supernal is objectively not really competitive.

This isn't an MMO, you're not trying to compete with ahyone but your inner demons dude.
>>
>>46828794

If you attack anyone who attempts to socially influence you, you're psychotic, and would probably end up put down like a mad dog by your Circlemates.
>>
Besides, look at some of the fun shit you can do with larceny or performance supernal.... running larceny supernal. I get in a fight, I steal your artifacts.... you use brawl/martial arts, I am not there to fight... (Joys of the night caste)
>>
> Appearance 5 Solar walks into a bar
> Girl smiles at him and gestures to an empty seat
> Solar splits girl down the middle with his daiklave for trying to instill a minor intimacy of "attracted to me"
>>
>>46829157

This is why you don't go into a town you don't already own thanks to your Zenith and Eclipse as a combat superbeast. You sit outside the town with the Night keeping an eye out for Wyld Hunt.
>>
>>46829215

Because girls don't flirt with you in a town that you own? Or because nobody worth worrying about could ever infiltrate your town.

Not to mention that would be the most hideously boring character to play. It'd only be worth showing up to one session in five, in our games.
>>
>>46829298

>Or because nobody worth worrying about could ever infiltrate your town.

The later. Unless the Night/Twilight/Eclipse fucked up.

>It'd only be worth showing up to one session in five, in our games.

Eh. I could do other things on those nights. But if you need something cut in half and cut in half real good I can do it.
>>
>>46829157
Its dangerous to assault PCs with any sort of meta mechanics, there's no telling what their response will be.
>>
>>46828911

I dunno, Exalted is a setting so absolutely stacked against the PCs that that sort of thinking is generally justified.

Also Exalted is crunch and optimization heavy like few RPGs are and its good to give new players guidance in such respects.
>>
>>46816341
Why are there always Exalted threads and never Scion?
>>
I'll be dissapoint as fuck if Malfeas' Caste don't have Performance Supernal
>>
>>46829495

Because Exalted's mechanics may have been fucking awful, but they didn't have shit on how bad Scion's were.
>>
>>46829542
This. You think Exalted 2e's mechanics break down at the top levels of play? Scion STARTS at roughly that level and just takes the ball and runs away with it from there.
>>
>>46829495
Because Exalted 2E and Scion 1E were shit, and Exalted 3E is something that I actually want to play.

Maybe when Scion 2E becomes a thing?
>>
>>46829505
It amuses me how many people forget that neomah are descended from Malfeas.
>>
>>46829495
Because dexterity.
>>
>>46829586
Didn't know that. Could be interesting to see a list of which 1CD are associated with which yozi.
>>
>>46829586
Like those make sense anyway. Don't those hive mind lions that blow up when a Zenith is around descend from Adorjan?
>>
>>46829839
iirc, their dogma fit well with Adorjan
>>
>>46829823
Dunno if one was ever compiled, but in this case it's Neomah -> Berengiere -> Amalion -> Malfeas

>>46829839
To be fair, Amalion is noted to be unusually pleasant for a Malfean soul, so it makes sense that it passes down.
>>
>>46819178
>MFW I still haven't run an Exalted Modern TF2-Inspired One Shot.
>>
playing 2.5 i know, i know. so what martial arts can you use while in full plate? are any of them worth looking at?
>>
File: samurai jack.png (7 KB, 200x253) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack.png
7 KB, 200x253
So how do I pick related?
>>
>>46830242
Melee supernal Dawn with a Reaver Daiklaive that expresses Evocations relating to destroying Creatures of Darkness and machines.
>>
>>46829903
>To be fair, Amalion is noted to be unusually pleasant for a Malfean soul,

>Amalion’s knack for designing manses and other buildings is without peer. In the First Age, so much did the Exalted value her skills that she spent more time in Creation than not, and so much did they accept her presence that when the Exalted sorcerer Five Moons wed her, the Solar Deliberative celebrated their blasphemous union.

Wow.
>>
>>46830415
Where is that and her stats in the books?
>>
>>46830242
Mountain Crossing Leap Technique to jump good.
>>
>>46830438
I think she's in either the Roll of Glorious Divinity entry that contains some demons, or in CoCD Malfeas. Gut says the latter.
>>
>>46830415
>that when the Exalted sorcerer Five Moons wed her, the Solar Deliberative celebrated their blasphemous union

Bet that was a quadruple facepalm from Sol
>>
>>46830520
Nah. Don't think Sol would be opposed to that.
>>
>>46830552
Amalion's most heinous quality is that she thinks nothing of using her ability to cause people to fall in love with her by smiling at them to force it upon mortals. And even then, she's polite enough not to use this ability on Exalts or other luminaries, and if asked by her summoner she'll refrain from doing it to mortals as well IIRC.
>>
>>46830602
Yep, Demon Architect Geomancer MILF is top tier Waifu.
>>
>>46830922
I don't remember her entire writeup, but 3CDs had a kind of abbreviated stat set that was oddly similar to how QCs in Ex3 work. IIRC she had 24 dice to all actions relating to manse building, architecture in general, and geomancy, and 18 dice to all other actions. I don't remember her Essence pools or Willpower...I think she's Compassion 4 or 5 though.
>>
>>46830980
Compassion 2, Temperence 5
>>
>>46831037
Huh, thought it was higher than that. Then again it's not the first time I've "huh'd" at a character's virtue writeup vis-a-vis their fluff.

At least now that 3e is here I never will have to do so again.
>>
>>46830242
>>46830254
Does jack use single point shining into the void style as well?
>>
>>46829360
I think it's more dangerous for players to assume that consequences don't happen
>>
>>46826799
Is there any reason Archery is not a part of that list? Is it just not as good as Brawl/Melee?
>>
>>46832149
>archery
>worth breathing
Pick one
>>
>>46832191
I'm honestly curious. I may be playing in a game soon and I would like to know if it is a viable option or not, and why.
>>
>>46832234
don't listen, archery is great if used correctly. Sure, it requires a bit of a set-up, but you have some really ridiculous effects or can combine it with Archery/Ride to play keep-away.
>>
>>46832234
Here's the serious version : Every option in the game is a valid pick for supernal. The game does not require you to be optimaly built to be efficient in your area of focus.

What these anons are talking about is purely theorycraft, and holds no weight in actual play.
>>
In my last game of Exalted (2e), I played a No Moon Lunar who fought outside the box due to having only Str 2, Dex 2.

In direct combat, trick one was turning into something tiny, stacking size penalties to detect on top of the Chameleon mutation and a high Stealth, then grow a stinger and spam poisoned surprise attacks and hide actions using the enemy's own body for cover. Trick two was turning into something flying, take the acid spit mutation and Inexhaustible to rain endless death from above. Further customization with Hybrid Body Rearrangement was possible given prep time: there are a lot of useful combat mods like carapace and extra limbs you can add.

This was also backed by Life of the Hummingbird, enabling it to turn into a tick or mosquito, bite someone (who's going to notice one more louse in the Age of Sorrows?), and have a temporary local human form on hand, modified by Changing Plumage Mastery to not raise suspicion with an exact clone.

Also played a heel for the exalted equivalent of pro wrestling: pick some large form like an ox, throw on a bunch of intimidating horns and scales and fangs and pedipalps and maws and tentacles and a second head with Hybrid Body Rearrangement, terrorize the countryside, stage a fight with the face, party face gets credit for saving countryside from a monster. Between soak charms and healing charms both in favored Stamina, the fights could look quite real and devastating from the amount of blood being spilled.

Here's hoping 3e comes with similar support for shapeshifting finesse beyond simply copying forms, because the core mention of Lunars feels a little stereotypical with the furry barbarian warlord and doppelganger kitsune.
>>
>>46832234
Archery is mostly about negating penalties and decisive attacks. Unlike Melee and Brawl it lacks any real ways to enhance withering attacks which slows it down massively compared to the other abilities.

It has scary decisive attacks, but you need to know how to use them properly while brawl and melee both provide tools to other portions of the combat system increasing their effectiveness in other ways.
>>
>>46832564

Did you even read Accuracy Without Distance? Or Revolving Bow Discipline? Finishing Snipe?
>>
File: Action man.jpg (13 KB, 206x220) Image search: [Google]
Action man.jpg
13 KB, 206x220
>>46832564
So you're saying it's better to rely on melee to gain initiative first and then use decisive attacks with a bow?
>>
>>46824723
Hey this is not related to your question, but C/F/S Abilities cost only one Bonus Point at chargen.
You have them cost the amount for ordinary Abilities (2 Bonus Points) in that sheet.
Not to demand anything, but do you mind fixing that?
>>
Can fae have cult? Do they benefit from it?
>>
>>46833268
Do they? Hmm they shouldn't be. At work currently but I'll look at it when I get home.
>>
>>46833571
>>46833268

Just checked it out and it was working for me with a cursory look.
>>
Why the fuck does Excellent Friend Approach still exist?
>>
>>46833651
What is the issue? It doesn't seem to be a big deal.
>>
>>46833684
It's a worthless charm.
>>
>>46833702
At least it's not a pre-req for anything, unlike the even more worthless Ten Ox Meditation.
>>
>>46834012
Ten Ox Meditation is at least useful at high essence, with Mighty Thew and no other strength charms besides its prerequisite. It's pretty specific I know but I can see a character being built that way.
>>
Does alchemy do anything in 3e? One of the shaping ritual archetypes is based on it, and one of the rituals involves a Craft roll. Is there anything you can actually do with Craft (alchemy)?
>>
>>46833639
Weird. I'll try again.
I might have been using an earlier version.
>>
>>46834140
Sanctaphrax wrote some charms for it as part of his Craft Rewrite.
>>
I knew going in that they wouldn't fix the Resistance charms I wanted, but I'm still disappointed. Also disappointed in Sledgehammer Fist Punch not actually interacting with the system we have.
>>
>>46834146
Which version are you using?
>>
>>46834466
I'm using the version in the OP. Is that the latest version?
>>
>>46829320
Wow. There's a person who actually manages to play RPGs wrong.
>>
File: Fandoms.gif (887 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Fandoms.gif
887 KB, 500x281
>>46831645

In Exalted, PC's are frequently the consequence that happens to other things.
>>
>>46835312
Frequently, but there are consequences to every action. You 'happen to things' and then things happen to you as a result. You can't violence your problems away unless you want to be king of nothing.
>>
File: DoNotPursue.jpg (1 MB, 2456x3337) Image search: [Google]
DoNotPursue.jpg
1 MB, 2456x3337
>>46835389
>You can't violence your problems away unless you want to be king of nothing

I dunno, being a brutal warlord who rules by violence and fear seems pretty damn Solar to me.
>>
>>46835454

And the end that usually meets brutal warlords is also pretty damn Solar.
>>
>>46835476
>Solar
>Not Infernal
pls
It's like you don't want to return Creation to its true masters
>>
>>46835454
If you're into shallow wish fulfilment sure.
>>
File: SunSamurai2xSize.png (3 MB, 1700x1794) Image search: [Google]
SunSamurai2xSize.png
3 MB, 1700x1794
>>46835476

Well, that is sort of what happened in the Ursupation, yeah.
>>
File: RedheadBarbarian.png (909 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
RedheadBarbarian.png
909 KB, 900x1273
>>46835523

Since when is being a vicious warlord sitting on a mountain of skulls shallow wish fulfillment?

If anything, that sounds pretty metal and 80's fantasy to me.
>>
>>46833702
I'm curious to know why you think it's worthless.

I'm not very familiar with the system yet so I don't see these things right away.
>>
>>46834717

>playing a role wrong
>in an role-playing game

kek
>>
>>46835651
They aren't playing a role though, they're doing spreadsheets and pretending it's violence.
>>
>>46835651

People can do anything wrong, Anon. For example, being a backstabbing dick or insistently contrarion in a game where everyone else just wants to get along and play.

Or making a pacifist warrior in a kick-in-the-door style campaign.
>>
>>46835581

His viewpoint is that if someone has a Defining Intimacy to you, convincing them to do an Inconvenient Task is mathematically pretty trivial. And it is...

... Assuming they don't have anything special in the docket, like (say) a mental defense Charm that lets them shatter an Intimacy to protect against social influence, which Excellent Friend would protect you from--not just the defense, but the prospect of losing your tie over them--because they don't get to defend at all.

Basically Excellent Friend Approach is for other magical beings, not mortals.
>>
>>46835720
They can still spend willpower to refuse and for fuck's sake, it's an inconvenient task. Who cares?
>>
>>46834563
Yep, just got off work. I'll check it further when I get home in 20 minutes. If you're willing to share the sheet you're using with me I can look at the specific problem you're having.
>>
>>46835847

Lots of things are inconvenient tasks. Like "have sex with me," or "kill that mortal" (who does not pose a Major task's worth of threat to most magical beings).

And you're only going to be able to spend willpower if you've got a conflicting Defining Intimacy (which chances are you don't).
>>
>>46829157

Frankly, you never need to worry about anyone except for other Essence-users. Even Dragon-blooded social manipulation is meh.

If someone OBVIOUSLY FUCKING EVIL starts trying to chat, it's time to swing for the home run.
>>
>>46836033
So we have a charm that requires a defining intimacy, requires your friend doesn't have a conflicting defining intimacy and is only useful if they would respond to this inconvenient task by spending motes.

Fantastic, well worth a charm purchase.
>>
>>46816341
PRAISE THE SUN

Ops, wrong game
>>
>>46836402
Not really out of place.
>>
>>46836370
>So we have a charm that requires a defining intimacy,
The general goal of any Presence Solar, so not really a requirement.

>requires your friend doesn't have a conflicting defining intimacy
Probably true just by happenstance, and if not, well, see above.

>and is only useful if they would respond to this inconvenient task by spending motes.
Which they would do if given the chance, to escape the kind of Solar overlord who doesn't even want to give them a chance to resist them.

Excellent Friend Approach's name is a bit of irony, if you can't tell.
>>
>>46836433
Something being 'the general goal' doesn't make it go away as a requirement. If it was trivial to achieve you wouldn't need this charm in the first place.
>>
>>46834146
>>46834563
Back at home and it seems to be working correctly, taking off 1 BP if I add a dot past the 28 to a C/F/S Ability.

Unless I see your specific set up I'm not sure what else I can do.
>>
>>46836369
>OBVIOUSLY FUCKING EVIL
So it's okay to be influenced by morally ambiguous people, or good people who happen to disagree with you?
>>
File: PraiseTheSun.jpg (54 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
PraiseTheSun.jpg
54 KB, 500x439
>>46836402
>wrong game

No, it's definitely the correct one.
>>
>>46837022
How would one build sunbro in exalted?
>>
>>46837131

Zenith. Defining Intimacy to the Sun. Done.
>>
>>46837131

Dawn or Zenith, lots of love of the Sun and helping people.
>>
>>46837147
>>46837161
His Limit Break sees him slipping into the personality brought on by the Sunlight Maggot, yes?
>>
>>46837308

Sure. It's not a fixed thing mechanically, but if a Solar's usual response to extreme stress was to revert to a particular mode of thinking, that Limit Break would come up a lot.
>>
>>46837308

Nah, his Limit would probably be him going full mama bird on people.
>>
>>46837308
>>46837341
One of the things I like about 3e is that you don't have a set limit break, so the thing you do can be tailored to the situation you're in. No boring options, like raging in combat.

Sunbro would still have a set limit trigger though. Not sure what.
>>
How exactly do using Presence and using Performance in social combat play out differently in 3e?
>>
>>46836906
Got the latest version. It works now.
Sorry about all of that.
>>
>>46837419

It's not really "social combat," for one, and for two it's definitely not "X and Y scream at each other until one or the other surrenders runs out of willpower and the the loser can be convinced of literally anything."

You have to work with someone's Intimacies to convince them to do something, unless you want to spend the time and energy to change those, and vice versa they have to work with THEIR Intimacies to resist you, and their options steadily dwindle if you can keep finding new ways to influence them towards the same goal.

Walk up to an Immaculate monk on guard-duty and say "Hey you should go fuck that whore; she got a nice booty." he can just tell you to fuck off without spending willpower.

Walk up to an Immaculate monk on guard-duty and say "Hey you should go check on that whore; I think she was abused by one of the Dragon-Blooded." now you've got an in, because he probably has a strong Intimacy towards the Immaculate Faith. Of course if he has an equal or stronger Intimacy towards his guard duty (an Intimacy towards the person who asked him, an Intimacy towards his school in particular, etc.), then he might still say no by spending Willpower.

But if you follow it up with "Ah, but I think the abuser was your hated brother Iselsi..." now you're tapping into a different Intimacy, and he also needs a different Intimacy to say no again.
>>
>>46837585
Well, yes, I know that. Do Performance charms lend themselves towards one strategy, while Presence charms lends themselves towards another? The way Archery is best at flurrying someone into the ground, or Melee is best at multiple opponents. And what about Linguistics?
>>
>>46837654

OH.

Performance wants to hit a bunch of people at once, and is better at inspire actions, I think?

Presence is the bruteforce all-rounder, the "Melee" of social stats.

Linguistics does horrible things to people, twisting them around, saying one thing and meaning another, etc.

Socialize is more like the sniper skill; nobody knows your Intimacies (so they have to guess or make their own) but you know all of theirs and can laser-target your social influence to take advantage of them.
>>
>>46837585
Presence, at least in terms of talking to people, requires a prewritten speech that is usually at least a couple of minutes long. On the other hand, it suffers no penalties when talking to groups which Presence does. It does well on group work, making people listen and converted people going out and persuading their friends.

Presence is charm. It's home is persuading a single person to do what you want, but you'll want the skill no matter what social method you favour because it has 'utility charms'. Bonuses on making people like you, believe what you believe and improving people who listen.
>>
File: infernal snoop dog.png (684 KB, 319x777) Image search: [Google]
infernal snoop dog.png
684 KB, 319x777
>>46837703
THANK you. I've been trying so sort that out for a little while.
>>
>>46837818
Sorry, quoted the wrong person there.
>>
>>46837818
>On the other hand, it suffers no penalties when talking to groups which Socialize does.
ftfy
>>
>>46837845
Presence does too though.
>>
>>46837527
Good to hear, I'd much rather have a false alarm than something be messed up in the sheet and nobody noticing.
>>
File: bronze smith.jpg (329 KB, 700x512) Image search: [Google]
bronze smith.jpg
329 KB, 700x512
How do you justify a character starting with high occult as well as high, for example, craft? Why does a blacksmith need to know magic, and where did he learn it? What about detectives or doctors? My current character is a geomancer, who would design and help make big iron Fire manses. I really can't think of any other reason a mortal would have both of those skills, though.
>>
>>46838338
Communing with the small gods of the forge, the fire, the iron, the anvil, and whatever else a blacksmith uses. Gotta be sure all the relevant gods are appeased so that the god of wood won't be angry about you having cut down his favorite tree, otherwise he might retaliate by making the wood refuse to burn.
>>
>>46838338

You are a Craft-Priest? I mean gods like manses too and most are either too lazy or unskilled to do it themselves. So just begin as a Priest who was commanded by a god to learn Craft (especially geomancy).
>>
>>46838338

You are dramatically narrowing the purview of Occult. The biggest reason mortals would learn Occult is because it's used for dealing with spirits, which are virtually omnipresent in Creation.

A blacksmith with Occult would know how to best arrange his workshop to be pleasing to gods of forge and artifice (and they in turn are more likely to bless him). A detective with Occult would know the signs of a Water-whelp attack, and would be able to tell it apart from a simple drowning. A doctor with Occult can treat diseases from both sides; with acupuncture and alcohol to treat the infection, and prayer-strips and incense to push away the plague-spirit's influence.
>>
>>46838338
Because spooky shit man. Because you weren't just a mortal, but a mortal worthy of exaltion. He may have large occult because he was trained by a Forge-God itself.

He could have been in one of the million spooky magic forests filled with spirits and needs the knowledge to deal with them.

He could have been his village's pillar of defense and zombie incursions were all too common.

He could simply have been a natural at spiritual matters.

Or he could have picked up Occult after Exaltion. That's an option.
>>
>>46829495
Scion died a while ago. Exalted went from 1e to 2e but scion had one edition then a whole lot of silence up until very recently.
>>
>>46838338
He's an astrology who makes instruments to better study the stars.
>>
File: priestess.jpg (377 KB, 600x910) Image search: [Google]
priestess.jpg
377 KB, 600x910
>>46838406
>>46838446
Alright, two things. One, wouldn't that apply to virtually every profession under the sun? In which case, why would a given craftsman need more Occult than anyone else? And two, isn't appeasing spirits a prayer roll, under the Performance ability?
>>
>>46839086
Which is exactly why most everybody in Creation is likely to have dots in both performance and occult. Why is that strange?
>>
>>46839086

Occult would be knowing what would appease them, Performance would be doing what appeases them correctly.

Which I totally fucking hate because it just divides shit up nonsensically except in certain scenario's (ie: the spirit really likes singing, VS a spirit who really just wants you to burn an assload of a material for them).
>>
>>46839086
>One, wouldn't that apply to virtually every profession under the sun? In which case, why would a given craftsman need more Occult than anyone else?
It does, and he wouldn't. There's nothing special about Craft that pairs it with Occult, but Occult is something that lots and lots of mortals would care about having, so it's not weird to have both Craft and Occult, just like it's not weird to have both Melee and Occult, or Performance and Occult.

>And two, isn't appeasing spirits a prayer roll, under the Performance ability?
Prayers are literally just that: messages to the gods. If it's not a god, prayer doesn't work on it basically at all, and if what you're doing isn't worth or doesn't take the form of a message to the god, prayer won't really help you.

Occult lets you appease the spirits in the way Socialize lets you appease a human, even without making a direct socialize influence on them. You know their culture, you know their beliefs and their opinions. You can act in a way that's familiar and pleasing to them, and know the rules (and when to invoke them).
>>
File: lunar sorceress and solar mate.jpg (142 KB, 426x612) Image search: [Google]
lunar sorceress and solar mate.jpg
142 KB, 426x612
>>46839125
>>46839186
So I can just add Occult to ANY character concept?
>>
>>46839541
Yeah. Occult 1-2 is basically high school science
>>
>>46839541
No, bu you can add Occult to a character concept centered around any Ability, as long as Occult is appropriate for concept.
>>
>>46839541
You can add any ability to any concept, it;s gonna change it ever so slightly based on how much of it will you add.
>>
>>46839605
>>46839626
Minor clarification: I can just add Occult to any character backstory?
>>
>>46839652
As long as it''s not logically contradictory, sure.
>>
>>46839652

Sure, like any other ability. They still need a place to learn it and ultimately a reason to care ("It helps with spirits" is valuable, but so is "it helps with people trying to kill me" and yet not everyone has Melee dots), but it's not like Occult is locked off from mortals behind some "you must be this magical to enter" barrier.
>>
>>46839652
Obviously not. Occult isn't actually something most people in Creation have. Most people have no clue about how exactly spirits and such work, and little interest in finding out. The average farmer, soldier or even a craftsman probably won't have any Pccult. It's easy to come up with backstories that justify a dot pr two of Occult, though, and possible to come up with backstories justifying higher ratings for various concepts and professions.
>>
>>46839553
>Occult 1-2 is basically high school science

This.

Exalted doesn't have "science" in the regular sense. Exalted is a place where clay gets baked into bricks because the fire god sings the Song of Burninating as it attacks the clay god and the clay god responds by singing the Song of Armorplating to protect itself from the fire god. (Or at least it was in 2e, this might change in 3e.) So instead of learning a science like "metallurgy" or "chemistry", characters would learn a thaumaturgical art/ procedure like "geomancy" or "alchemy". And those fall under Occult.
>>
>>46839747
Doing something dramatically makes you measurably better at it. Stunting is physics in Creation.
>>
>>46839693
Agreed. I'd say Lore and Linguistics are the hardest skills to drop on an otherwise unrelated character concept, purely because they require formal education. You really don't need an excuse to put a dot in anything; just bear in mind that more than one dot goes a long way in terms of what an average ordinary person would consider proficiency. Two dots is intended to be professional level training, so those 5s you put into multiple skills are pretty dramatic.
>>
>>46839795
If you know how to read, you have Lore 1.
>>
>>46839747
>So instead of learning a science like "metallurgy" or "chemistry", characters would learn a thaumaturgical art/ procedure like "geomancy" or "alchemy". And those fall under Occult.
While that is true, most people in Creation don't learn aclhemical or thaumaturgical procedures of any sort. Maybe Occult 1-2 is like high school science, but in a world where most people never get to goto a high school and even that level of knowledge is enough to make you an expert in the eyes of the common man.
>>
>>46839747
>thaumaturgical
In 3e, thaumaturgy is a rare talent. Not sure I like the change, personally; I liked the idea of a supernatural thing that ordinary people could do.

Against that, sorcery is now something ordinary (if well educated or well supported) mortals can do, so I guess Sorcerous Workings fill the same role as Thaumaturgy used to.
>>
>>46839747
>>46839846

Thaumaturgy in 2E was filling two roles:
1) Things that are "just physics," like laying down salt to ward away ghosts, or leaving out dobbles of cinnamon-honey to please the House Gnomes.
2) Magic that was "safe" to give to mortals.

3e just assumes you can do the former with Occult rolls, and the latter is more or less gone as a concept; ANY amount of magic isn't safe to give to mortals, because once you have any kind of magic, you're no longer a mortal.
>>
>>46839895
Which is a stupid fucking idea, because the world is full of mortals, of course people learned low magic.
>>
>>46839814
Literacy is Linguistics in 3e. But regardless, yes, that's the point I was making; anyone can pick up a bit of spirit knowledge, because spirits are everywhere. Not everyone gets yer fancy book learnin' like what the city folk got.

This anon has it>>46839553
Occult is Science, Lore is Humanities. I'd say two dots is pretty hefty for just high school, but if you drop a person with high school science in an under-educated setting expect them to have an impact.
>>
>>46839912
There's no 'of course' about people learning low magic if there's no low magic to learn, anon. There's nothing particularly stupid about a fantasy setting where any magic is a Big Deal from a mortal perspective.
>>
>>46839977
So a game about what humans do when they have power should completely ignore all the oter humans execpt Exalts because they're too weak to matter?

Great idea, I'm so glad they leveled the power curve to make mortals relevant
>>
File: 1460590867323.gif (802 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
1460590867323.gif
802 KB, 540x300
Is Abbysal-Anon here? If Sunset turned Abyssal, why hasn't she been tasked with destroying creation? Is this something your ST does? Please, tell me more!
>>
>>46840011
That's a reasonable interpretation of my point if you think that magic is the only thing tha matters, I guess.
>>
>>46839912
>of course people learned low magic.

"low magic" is occult rolls.

They didn't get rid of using salt to ward away ghosts, they just didn't make you spend XP specifically to acquire it, because it's a function of the Occult ability.

>>46840011

5 heroic mortals will eat everyone but the Dawn for breakfast if they're good enough.
>>
>>46829903
>>46830415

>amalion
>the generic sex demons dont come from that one yellow lantern district soul of malfes but some architect
what the fuck
>>
>>46840627

Neomah don't give a rat's ass about sex, except insofar as it's a skill they can master. They aren't succubi, they're artisans.

It makes perfect sense if you know anything at all about Neomah and the yellow lantern district (which itself also isn't a generic "sex" thing).
>>
>>46840627
Neomah are architects though, they have pleasure towers
>>
>>46840627
>generic sex demons

You mean the demons whose first act upon being summoned is to build a tower of horn and flame from their mouths, from which they practise their craft of forging children from the body parts and fluids of donors, and use their downtime to cast their payment onto aforementioned fires and create unique and terrible monstrosities which they then abandon to unleash them upon the earth?

Those demons?
>>
>>46840627
Aside from neomah not actually being generic sex demons, 1CDs don't really reflect the themes of their progenitors the same way 3Ds reflect those of the Yozis or 2CDs reflect those of 3CDs.
>>
Before they were known as demons, what was the proper term for the souls of Primordials? Deva?
>>
>>46840907
Yeah, Devas
>>
>>46840907
In 2e, yeah. In 3e, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>46839000
>>46829495
What is Scion?
>>
>>46842275
BBEG of Worm, don't know what it has to do with Exalted.
I guess he'd be a Raksha of some kind?
>>
>>46842275
A White Wolf/OPP game that used a variation of the Exalted 2e ruleset and managed to actually be even more broken. Its premise is reminiscent of American Gods or the Percy Jackson novels; you play modern-day characters who are in fact descendants of legendary gods from a variety of pantheons and blessed with powers and birthrights from them.
>>
>>46842275
Imagine a system set in some kind of world of darkness setting. All the gods are real and they love bonking mortals. YYou are playing a scion of one of these gods.
For example, Odin, Aphrodite or Baron Samedi.

It's a cool concept. But the system is broken to the point where you take the average problems of systems like exalted, with dexterity being the god stat and then you amplify it by magnitude.

Example, you can easily gain 4 successes on each dexterity roll you ever make. Out of character creation. You might even accidentally do this, because gaining this many successes for one or few attributes are the core function.

This means for example that rolling for skills is basically irrelevant. It means that any roll you could theoretically challenge a character with epic dex with is going to annihilate everyone else.

"But a character with epic strength will ruin someone without epix stamina!" Yes, but none without epic dex will EVER hit someone with it. THis includes monsters.

This is the most obvious problem with the system. It keeps getting worse all the time the more you get into it.
>>
>>46842419
Huh, sounds moderately interesting.
What about this Godbound thing I remember seeing tossed around in last (few?) thread(s?)?
>>
File: 1457379647430.png (122 KB, 439x443) Image search: [Google]
1457379647430.png
122 KB, 439x443
>>46842441
>some kind of world of darkness setting
I think you mean
Chronicles of Darkness
>>
>>46842455
OSR thingy about really powerful people, unrelated to Ealted but appealing to parts of the same crowd. It seems pretty cool, but I haven't tried it in practice, and those ADnD-lik mechanics aren't really my cup of tea.
>>
>>46842455
It's a great idea. When you play it and consider using the exalted 2e rules instead of the core rules you know you're in the shitter.

Awesome idea though. Fate and power trips, meeting challenges and working your way slowly into the dark tapestry where there will always be a bigger fish until you take your place among the gods.
>>
>>46842505
How about using Ex3e rules?
>>
What are good starting charms for a Socialize supernal?
>>
>>46842505
>>46842597
They're working on Scion 2e which will use an in-house system, iirc. "Sardonyx system", or something like that.
>>
>>46842597
Well I played scion about 3 years ago. The leak had not yet dropped. Probably better yeah. Like instead of epic attributes just give excellencies.
>>
>>46840033
Hey, the ST here, we're not going with Abyssals destroying Creation thing. They are much more the Lawgivers of the Underworld instead of the people who want to suck everything into Oblivion. In fact, in our setting they are the ones most worried over Oblivion because it's a much more immediate threat to the Underworld than it is to Creation.

Their "job" is to make the Underworld great much like the Solars make Creation great. By being big damn heroes, just for death. A part of that being keeping the Underworld linked to Creation by keeping death feared and respected in Creation and ever at the front of mortals' minds. More shadowlands also serve to stabilize the Underworld by fixing it much closer to Creation.
>>
>>46843026
How do you deal with the whole Neverborn thing?
i think i'm gonna copy this thank you very much
>>
>>46843069
The Neverborn are much like the Primordials and Yozi, hardly mentioned.

They may have been the original catalyst of the Underworld forming but they're dead and gone, the worst you can get is some Whispers in the Labyrinth but nothing really coherent. They're not a battle you have to fight, the Exalted Host won that one already, you just got to deal with the consequences. Namely Oblivion and the Underworld existing as things.

Oblivion being some weird metaphysical thing that is more of an existential "shit everything MIGHT end someday like, forever" which before Oblivion probably wasn't a thing anyone actually considered. Oblivion isn't a pressing threat in the game, more of a maybe in like 2,000 years problem, but it certainly could be styled to be a more dire threat.

It was how the captured Solar Exaltations were transformed into Abyssal ones though.
>>
>>46842651
Now called Storypath. I liked Sardonyx better. But if it works better than Ex3, then they can call it whatever.
>>
>>46843026

Aren't the Abyssals moving towards Champions of the Dead for Ex3 anyway?
>>
>>46843213
Yeah, the player of Sunset Ember is actually running a game that I play in, both of which are set in the same "Creation" so when Abyssals started to become a thing we sat down and hashed out how Abyssals would work in our game based upon what we know from scant dev and writer comments.
>>
>>46843206
What is the end-game for the Abyssals in your game? Like, how have they dealt with Oblivion thus far?
Could you mention some of the responsibilities of the Abyssals?
>>
>>46842419

Fun fact: The Percy Jackson novels are based on a Scion game he ran for his kids.
>>
>>46843206
>more of a maybe in like 2,000 years problem

Thats not even half a lifetime for most Exalts.
>>
>>46842441

>"But a character with epic strength will ruin someone without epix stamina!" Yes, but none without epic dex will EVER hit someone with it. THis includes monsters.

False.

Strength users can still grapple opponents. I played a Priest once who did just this.
>>
File: KojimaImitatesCoolface.jpg (21 KB, 386x359) Image search: [Google]
KojimaImitatesCoolface.jpg
21 KB, 386x359
>>46843308

So he's a child abuser, is what you're saying?
>>
>>46843345
Yeah but outside the current intended scope of the games we're running. It's an ambiguous threat, that could be soon or not very soon at all.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.