[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GW 40k mobile game when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-01-22-20-19-06.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-22-20-19-06.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
Why won't GW make a mobile game using table top 40k as a basis and selling units/ upgrades/ cosmetics for real dollery doos?

Something like you get a free HQ and 3 basic troop choices and them have to buy units from there.

Could learn to play from your toilet against humans or AI, and they could print money with a minimal investment on their part.

Also, i think it would expand their audience and help drive sales of miniatures .
>>
Because that would require competent business leadership.
>>
>>46814644
>Why won't GW make a mobile game using table top 40k as a basis
There is a mobile game already based of 40k.
But they ll never transfer the same tabletop ruleset for a VG, too scared of the competition that would arise.
>>
>>46814834
That's not on android :(

There's several 40k mobile games, it just seems like a straight TT port would be the best thing.

I used to play star wars force collection and spent thousands on Line buying digital cards. I know people that spend hundreds a week on mobile games.

The market is there. I'm going to write my congressman about this.
>>
>>46814834
>too scared of the competition that would arise.
The most ludicrous of notions.
What would they be scared of, clones? They're losing more money to chinaman copies than they would to imitator apps.
>>
>>46814979
I think he means competition to the brick and mortar stores and their miniature sales.
>>
>>46815044
Whatever they lost on each sale, they'd more than make up for in volume.
>>
>>46814672

/thread
>>
>>46814960
>it just seems like a straight TT port would be the best thing.

Why? The rules system is kinda shit, without the hobby element there's no reason to play unless you have zero other options for gaming.
>>
>>46814960
>That's not on android
Sorry anon. On the bright side there is a pc port. Just dig around.

>>46814979
>The most ludicrous of notions.
Eh man, I'm with you, but that is what the consusu is. Think about it, they never licensed a true port of their major games. Personally I loved BB and Mordheim, both decent and fun. A Warhammer Quest (there is mobile version of it, but it doesn't live the spirit in my opinion) VG would also be welcomed.
>>
>>46814644
From their point of view, they'd be adding even more competition to a line of already quite niche luxury goods. Why would anyone cough up the 300+ shekels for a handful of plastic toys and a bunch of paint, brushes and terrain, when they could just buy this mobile game and do all the same for cheaper?
>>
>>46817293
What game are you guys referring to?
>>
>>46819614
if only there was a way to look back through these 8 comments directly linked by reply aftet reply. if only.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.