[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG MODERN GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 20151125_105142.jpg (470 KB, 663x887) Image search: [Google]
20151125_105142.jpg
470 KB, 663x887
Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight. Having a wonderful time edition.
>>
>What deck are you playing post-ban?

>What are you brewing?

>How do you feel the meta is shaping up with Eldrazi nerfed?

>Any creative mainboard or sideboard tech you're running?
>>
File: hulk smash.png (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
hulk smash.png
2 MB, 1920x1040
Long live thopters.
>>
>>46811993
Looks like you guys fought hard, judging by those graveyards.
>>
>>46812033

By all accounts I should have died twice, the life gain off thopter foundry is just dumb. Pushes the card/combo from ok to super strong.
>>
>>46812060
What's the black splash for? Got a list?
>>
>>46811993
>CoCo
>Rhino
>Mulldrifter

The fuck kind of deck is your opponent playing?
>>
>>46812107
Junk company. The value train has no breaks. Except when coco eats a Muddle the Mixture.
>>
>>46811993
I wish everyone started playing Thopters, it's such a bye for Tron it's uncanny.
>>
>>46812089

Its for the singleton unburial rites if it gets stuck in your hand. I'm looking to put some time sieves in here too, so it'll help cast that.

>>46812107
Some 4c flicker deck with eerie interlude and coco. It was pretty sweet to be honest, recurring flickers with eternal witness and flickering in and out rhinos with it.
>>
>>46812089

Also the list I forgot to post.

http://deckstats.net/deck-9838431-2b28b477e8010ceb3be6031fe0f7e7b9.html
>>
>>46811980
>post-ban?
Boggles
>brewing?
Boggles splash blue
>meta?
I barely got 8 people to show up at my lgs, meta didn't change save for one guy trying to sell us his eyes of ugin
>Any creative tech?
Open the Armory and Griff's Boon are both kinda neat, 3 armory seems to much though, but it makes me feel better only playing one of a lot of random enchantments.
>>
>>46811980
Still playing fish. Thinking about slashing white for path and side board options
>namely 2 stony silence because fuck thopter sword.
>only 1 person played elderzi at the shop I go to, and most the time I was just able to stall out and swing in
>making a Quest for Ula's temple deck
>I already play fish, might as well play bigger fish
>>
>>46811980
Fucking
U
C
I
O
F
F
These things don't support discussion and a "fill in the blanks" is buzzfeed teir thread. Let people bitch at each other instead of filling out your stupid list and fuck off.
>>
>>46811980
>Playing
4c jeskai memescendancy combo-control.
>brewing
Mono red dank dwellers control
>how's the meta
I thought people would play more blue. I guess they figured out thopter/sword and ancestral vision are bad.
>secret tech
Splashing green for Hierarchs in traditionally straight uwr jeskai ascendancy combo-control is actually dope. Turn 2 kills become possible but you don't have to sacrifice interaction the way wish-based ascendancy lists do.
>>
>>46812370
Relax guy. Why don't you tell us what deck you're playing currently. How's your game after the recent changes?
>>
Playing bug infect is amazing it makes so many match ups better
>>
>Kid at my lgs keeps playing special snowflake homebrews
>Keep proclaiming loudly that their deck is the best and all the pros are going to be playing it soon
>Current "homebrew" is westvale abbey jammed into a token deck
>Modern night
>Kid going 0-2 so far, last game is against some grixis burn deck
>He's on 7 life
>Goes to put a token down with it, paying 1 down to 6 life
>"haha you're fucking merked now, i sac my five dudes to flip westvale and win."
>Opponent goes bolt, snapcaster, flashback bolt in response
>Kid literally stops playing and drops out
>Screams to his friends about "bullshit tournyfag decks"

Jesus fuck how do you people deal with this.
>>
>>46813023
>how do you people deal with this.
well they
>bolt, snapcaster, flashback bolt in response
>>
>>46813023
This shit only happens when you play with children and manchildren. Worst I've ever seen firsthand was when one guy, who is known to be a bit of a saltopus, talked in a slightly raised voice about how it was rude to say good game after to shitstomp someone. This was after he was shitstomped by a budget goblins deck.
>>
>>46813023
>not being sustained by the tears of scrubs

Every tear contains a fragment of your opponents soul. Drink them.
>>
>>46813117
This is why I only play memedrecks. Winning elicits salty tears. I can go 1-3 drop but if that one win involves salt, it's a productive day.
>>
>>46811980
Not Eldrazi.

>What are you brewing?
Decks capable of beating Affinity, Burn, Infect, and Elves (that's most of my meta). I'm mostly trying to tune meta decks to beat those 4, but it isn't really working. I think I'm just going to run mostly Affinity/Burn/UWR Resto-Kiki in the coming months, since all 3 of those have game against the 4 big decks in my meta.

I wish I could get Jeskai Ascendancy combo to beat burn reliably. It's pretty good against everything else.

Seems fine.

No.
>>
>Return to Ravnica
>reprint shocks

>Return to Zendikar
>Don't reprint any needed cards

>Return to Innistrad
>Don't reprint any needed cards

How does Wizards get away with this and continue to sell better than ever?
>>
UW Emeria, just got second Leyline of Sancity for sb. I only get raped by infect. When paycheck arrives gonna get cards for rg landdeath, I dont have only rains and inferno titans.
>>
>>46813232
Because they cater to new players. Not you. If you, the non-rotating format player, are unhappy, you can leave and nothing will happen to wizards bottom line.
>>
>>46813232
Because the majority of magic players are kitchen table casuals who have never even been inside a game store and will gladly drop $120 on 3 fat packs at Walmart so they can open a bunch of trash, but look at a $20 single and nearly fucking choke.
>>
>>46811928
Is this the new fnm?
>>
File: 1460034520600s.jpg (13 KB, 222x250) Image search: [Google]
1460034520600s.jpg
13 KB, 222x250
>>46813178
my nigga
>>
>>46813232

Because the secondary market has too big a grip on WotC and they're shitscared of a chronicles v2 happening.
>>
>>46813379
Nah, but they're cheap.
>>
File: 1.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>opponent taps out for leonin arbiter
>passes the turn
>mfw ghost quarter their only source of coloured mana
>mfw they can't search because leonin is all players not opponents
>>
>>46813633
>tfw I want to be a death and taxes douche but cant afford a playset of vials
>>
>>46813571
Lol, right. $10 promo is cheep... Well it is MTG so you're still right
>>
File: MEGA.png (461 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MEGA.png
461 KB, 1920x1080
>>46811980
>>What deck are you playing post-ban?
Value Goblin Midrange and Emerica

>>What are you brewing?
Emerica

>>How do you feel the meta is shaping up with Eldrazi nerfed?
Back to Aggro vs Abzan

>>Any creative mainboard or sideboard tech you're running?
Dark Dwellers>Bust and Nahiri>Emrakul
>>
>>46813477
I've heard chronicles mentioned once or twice, and get the general gist, but is there an article detailing the build-up/fallout?
>>
>>46813477
I really don't get it. Magic was a much smaller game back then. Surely if they were to screw over collectors/speculators the casuals are more than enough to make up for any potential losses.
>>
>>46814056

Oh sure, I mean Konami screws over the secondary market all the time and it's game is doing fine (actually sells better than Magic worldwide, probably because it's so cheap to get into)
>>
>>46812239
Who tried selling their eye lol
>>
>>46814056
> Surely if they were to screw over collectors/speculators the casuals are more than enough to make up for any potential losses

Yep. Also it's not fear of another chronicles incident. It's maintaining the illusion of integrity. More than that, what reason would players have to get excited for new cards that are significantly worse than the shit they reprint? How do you sell new sets with two mana cantrips when this other yearly suplamental product has shit like ansestral recall? Many of the cards on the no reprint list might as well not exist due to the price barrier it creates. How better to "fix" the game than to let past power level issues fall into obscurity?
>>
File: 1461210994043.jpg (42 KB, 486x572) Image search: [Google]
1461210994043.jpg
42 KB, 486x572
>>46813023
>playing in an FNM at my LGS during Zendikar/Scars standard
>place is packed, 3 rows of tables jammed full
>sitting next to local autist who doesn't know a thing about personal hygiene and makes shitty homebrews
>he's playing a buddy of mine who's using RUG DeceiverTwin
>autist thinks he's got the win in the bag, keeps bragging to me about how good his hand is even though I'm in the middle of a game and don't give a dusty shit
>buddy flashes in Deceiver and pulls the combo off turn 3 due to ramp
>autist sperg out claiming it's banned (it wasn't) and ends up sliding his chair into the glass display case where all the legacy merchandise is
>autist is laughed out of the building by the playerbase
>mfw
>>
>>46813198
What build of jeskai ascendancy are you running? 4c with wishes or uwr combo control?
>>
tfw i started playing a year ago. tfw i didn't know to choose between tron,affinity or infect.

THEY WERE ALL 400-500$ decks WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED.
>>
>>46813874
cause this anon posted a screencap instead of a link, here's the link i found; http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emerica-1/
>>
>>46814643
Increased demand, speculators, buyouts, cards virtually unavailable unless you want to go open $25 Darksteel pack in the hopes that it has an Arcbound Ravager in it.
>TFW bought into affinity with a tax refund - spent about $450
I didn't buy Ravager at the time, so that sucked dropping another $220-ish on them, but hey, Most of the cards I bought appreciated in value.
>>
File: Greed-Art-1024x748.jpg (180 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
Greed-Art-1024x748.jpg
180 KB, 1024x748
Why won't Wizards reprint dual lands? Or other outrageously priced cards? Wouldn't it only benefit them with increased direct sales? Why would they even care about the secondary market? How do they benefit from player to player sales?

I'm getting really frustrated, I love the game but the investment is insane for what amounts to a card game. I understand that a lot of players have had their card pools for a long time, built up over years, but as a new player who wants to play with T1 decks, it's a very hard choice.

For the price of Jund I could make a top of the line gaming PC with all the extras and add 4 or 5 games retail. I could put a down payment on a car. Buy a fairly good home theater.

I want to love you MTG but you make it hard.

NB4 Pauper, duel decks, and drafting.
>>
>>46814950
Why doesn't Coke, Microsoft, Apple, Google, or Wal-Mart sell stocks at the price they were decades ago? I mean it would only make sales and make things easier for everyone. It would benefit them, right?
>>
>>46814950
pauper is great though
>>
>>46815033
That literally has no fucking bearing or relationship at all to what he said.
>>
>>46815212
Yeah if you have a scene and they don't use idiotic rules, which mine does.
>>
>>46814950
Because you still play the game even if they don't reprint it. And when they do, you will buy packs for 10 dollarios. :^)
>>
is zoo a meme
>>
>>46815291
yes. suicide zoo and naya burn are the way to go for "zoo" decks
>>
>>46815291
>>46815310
nah there is this new aggresive zoo list with Burning-Tree Emissarys that's doing well
>>
>>46815239
My LGS has banned blue from pauper entirely, you mean those kinda rules?
>>
>>46815498
w-w-whuh? My lgs just does the regular MTGO banlist because everybody there is a modo addict. Usually get about 10 people too. Also if you hate blue, why not just do what I do? Play G stompy and shit all over delver.
>>
>>46815498
That is called mentally ill rules. What the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>46814950
They benefit from the game being collectable. If they mass reprint everything, the game ceases to be collectable
>>
>>46815033
Except you're entirely wrong. Eternal formats where classic cards are never reprinted favor those of us who have been playing (read: investing) since Magic was young.
>>
>>46815540
>>46815541

The storeowner has the willpower of a cabbage and when a bunch of tryhards got wrecked by kids with Delvers in a everything-goes scenario, he decided to ban blue

Don't ask me about the commander rules either
>>
>>46814950

Because a big secondary market does help wizards despite what /tg/ thinks. By having big chains like Star of David Games that always have a huge stock of cards, players are able to find what they want and build their decks to play at FNM. Without them, you'd have to search everywhere to find those cards, assuming anyone would even bother selling or buying them at less than what shipping them may cost. SCG also buys boxes of every set directly from Wizards so they can open and sell the singles so that benefits Wizards too.

The problem here isn't that Wizards cares about the existence of the secondary market, it's that they're pandering to them instead of the players. The secondary market should be seen as a means to an end, nothing more. When you have cards costing over 100$ in a format that started exactly because people didn't want to pay this much for Legacy, and only ever get reprinted as mythic rare in limited sets to not upset the scalpers, something's very wrong. The reserved list is also retarded. A Black Lotus from Alpha won't lose value if they got reprinted, they'll always be collector's items.
>>
>>46815610
sounds like one of those sad little game shops with one or two employees that gets 7 people on "big event" nights and has to beg people via facebook to show up. I've been to a couple of those. Drop them like a sack of bricks and never ever fucking go back. I'd rather play modo than deal with that.
>>
>>46815643
Yeah I'm not looking forwards to the day when the value of my Legacy collection bottoms out so a bunch of kids can play.
>>
>>46816021
What about the day when it bottoms out because nobody plays the fucking game anymore?
>>
>>46816021
>Yeah I'm not looking forwards to the day when the value of my Legacy collection bottoms out so a bunch of kids can play.
then you farm the kids for prize payout and flip your credit/packs/whatever to standardbabbies when you travel.
>>
>>46816021
You're either trolling or a massive faggot. Assuming not trolling, if you want something worth money, take up real investing. The returns will be higher and faster.
>so a bunch of kids can play
pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>46816152
We'll talk in ten years

>>46816175
I play Legacy because I enjoy playing good games of magic. If I want to make money, I'll go to work

>>46816184
The point isn't investing. I play with my Legacy cards. But when I want to buy a car/house, I'm going to sell off some cards. I don't want to have to play with the kind of people who play standard/modern if I can help it
>>
>>46816824
You didn't refute my point that real investments like stocks or commodities have a better and faster return rate, unless you pick up a hot spec and get 25 copies of it, and get lucky.

So other mtg players should be held hostage to a $300 Volcanic island because you can't be bothered to hire a broker?

Why should anybody give a shit what you want, let alone WotC?
>>
File: 197247_1.jpg (53 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
197247_1.jpg
53 KB, 223x311
Sooo how have you guys been using this bad boy?
>>
>>46817039
Calm down breh.
>>
>>46817099
Letting it fester in my binder. I bought these for shardless bug when they were $10. Now I don't know what to do with them.
>>
Is modern fun yet?
>>
>>46817099
I want to know what people are doing with this. Do you run discard? Counter magic? Main deck chalice? Do you bother with Tezzeret at all? Do you tool box with trinket mage? How to offset the slow nature of most builds?
>>
>>46817039
I did. I have investments. I have magic cards because I play with them. Having a $3000 collection hold its value doesn't seem unreasonable. Dual lands are expensive, but you build a collection piece by piece. WotC doesn't "owe" you cheap volcs.
>>
File: sword-of-the-meek.jpg (59 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
sword-of-the-meek.jpg
59 KB, 480x680
>>46817502
>>
File: 1457161282306.jpg (41 KB, 220x261) Image search: [Google]
1457161282306.jpg
41 KB, 220x261
>tfw 3 colonnades and a few sideboard cards away from having UW Gifts Tron finished
>tfw provincials this weekend
>tfw can't go
>>
>>46817099
>Sooo how have you guys been using this bad boy?

Wondering why people seem to think it's a good card in a format without cascade
>>
>>46817329
shardless bug is trash.
>>
>>46817099
this card is trash holy shit. No one at my lgs fell for the meme. Tfw the majority of my lgs is filed with players from beta and alpha.
>>
>>46817565
Is it better than UW Thopter Gifts?
>>
>>46817627
>implying length of time playing this game is strongly correlated to being good
Card is good mate
>>
>>46817673
I dunno. If thopter gifts is better I'll abuse my wallet some more for snapcasters and fetches and whatever other relevant bullshit there is.
>>
>>46817683
no that's not what i meant.Most of them have their sets of visions and still choose not to use them.
>>
>>46817724
I have a set of goyfs but I don't use them (playing Grixis right now) does that mean I think goyf is bad?
They might be waiting to see what build pops up that runs visions. I know lots of good players that wait for others to make a good build before they try the cards
>>
>>46817823
I use my goyfs in everything I can.
>>
>>46817858
that's a good goy.
But in all seriousness I think the card is extremely strong and just needs a decent build and it could fit into a teir 1 deck. It's like thoughtseize in which it's value and power degenerate over time as the game progresses but that doesn't make it bad
>>
>>46817895
>could fit in a tier 1 deck
>thoughtseize

Have you met Jund?
>>
>>46817099
Countering dat shit with Warping Wail and landing an Emrakul or an Ulamog that sticks a couple turns later.
>>
>>46817946
I meant visions can fit in a tier 1 deck
>>
>>46817946
>Jund
>no u
Not him, but wouln't play
>>
File: render silent.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
render silent.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
I am working on a U/W deck after 8 years hiatus and I want to understand exactly how Render Silent works.

If I understand the card correctly, here how it works:
1) Player A plays FUCK YOU
2) Player B plays Render Silent in response, hoping it will stop subsequent spells
3) Player A plays DOUBLE FUCK YOU
4) Because it's played last, it resolves first and Render Silent has no effect on the second spell

Conversely:
1) Player A plays FUCK YOU
2) Player A plays DOUBLE FUCK YOU
3) Player B plays Render Silent
4) Render Silent resolves first and has full effect, preventing both Player A's spells from hitting the board

Am I correct. If I am, is Render Silent modern playable? While it has a relatively big and complex mana cost, its effect if used correctly can shut down entire turns worth of spells
>>
>>46818436
Wrong. Render silent only counters one spell, ever. Then it prevents that spell's owner from casting further spells. But it doesn't stop the player from resolving spells in the stack that haven't been countered.
>>
>>46818732
So the correct way to interpret it is that you counter a spell with it and no subsequent spells can be cast, regardless of the stack?
>>
>>46818800

Once it resolves the opponent cannot add any more spells to the stack, but everything there still resolves.
>>
File: Untitled.png (38 KB, 749x641) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38 KB, 749x641
Running this at an event tonight. Yes, I'm a tryhard faggot.

But no deck excites me to play like burn does
>>
>>46819913
If you're older than 12 you should feel bad
>>
File: 1408905290856.gif (2 MB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
1408905290856.gif
2 MB, 200x160
>>46820397
24, but I absolutely love making people mad as fuck.
>>
>>46820428
Lie, you just doubled the age.
>>
>>46820490
Don't make me suck your dick.
>>
>>46820524
Come on, I haven't had any action in weeks. For your sake I hope I washed my dick this week.
>>
File: BB Wallpaper.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
BB Wallpaper.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
How are my fellow Faeries players faring with Ancestral Vision? It's disappointing to draw mid-late game, but it also feels sub-optimal turn 1 compared to Inquisition (on the play) and Spell Snare (on the draw).
>>
>>46820642
It's worthless if you ask me. You have way better options for the first few turns and after that it won't resolve before the game ends usually
>>
>>46813115
I only say "good game" if I win or lose by a sliver of health. Feels disingenuous if it was a roflstomp in either direction.
>>
>>46820710
If it's actually a good game, GG is appropriate.
If your opponent stomps your face, congratulate him on the win and don't be a dick about it.
If you stomp his face, GG just comes off as shit-eating and dickish.
>>
>>46820428
If you want to play a deck that gets people mad do boggles with guttural responses main boarded. Nothing makes a control fag cry salty tears more then getting their cryptic command countered.
>>
>>46811993
In all honesty, I really want to play thopters but I'll feel like a memer.
>>
>>46820642
this art really looks half done.
>>
>>46811980
>>What deck are you playing post-ban?
UG infect

>>What are you brewing?
Collecting D&T cards, not sure which version I wanna play yet. WB with eldrazi looks pretty good.

>>How do you feel the meta is shaping up with Eldrazi nerfed?
Dunno, my local meta doesn't really follow normal trends.

>>Any creative mainboard or sideboard tech you're running?
Crucible of worlds in infect to bring back inkmoths or dryad arbor. Probably not very good, but sweet if it works.
>>
>>46817099
been selling them for store credit to make actual good decks.
>>
>>46814527
4c with wishes...
>>
Jund

>What are you brewing?
Brew lol

It was fine before. Even better now

Magma spray I guess, fuck CoCo toolbox
>>
>>46820997
>>46820710
oh i absolutely agree, but it also doesn't mean you need to act like a manbabby when someone says Good Game to you after a Bad Game, especially if they aren't saying it with intent to be an ass.
>>
>>46822405
you could try the combo-control version. It has more interaction that lets it stall for a bit longer and easily dispatch Eidolons, although the matchup is still bad and you don't get sylvan caryatid. you could try maindeck Silence, which would give you something against counterspells, but you can also silence burn players in their upkeep to keep their creatures off the field and sorceries in their hands. you could try Leyline of Sanctity if you're willing to cut into your wishboard. Or you could just accept that the matchup is unfavorable as fuck and hope to kill turn 2 on the play games 1 and 3 while they're tapped out for a goblin guide.
>>
B/W Soul Sisters.

>What are you brewing?
An actually good Esper Rally list. The sideboard is the key.

There were only like 3 people playing Eldrazi in my LGS, in a field of 20~30 people. One of them is playing a more control version of it now, the rest just picked their old decks up and changed their decks completely. Now we won't have the same top 4 every friday.

Zealous Persecution is terribly strong.
>>
>>46820997
>>46820710
That's autistic. You say "good game" because it's fucking polite to say so, to let them know that you did your best and that you appreciate the opportunity to play against them. Even if you stomped them, you're still glad that your opponent left the comfort of his home to play against you in a game that you both enjoy.

The only acceptable situation to not say "good game" is when the opponent lacked sportsmanship, tried to cheat or was just an unpleasant ass to play against.
>>
>>46814950
SCG and CFB>the players
>>
>>46817506
No offense m8 but I hope you get MS
>>
>>46823294
I've had people get mad when I say good game, and it wasn't close. Not super table flipping mad, but mad enough to correct me. Better to just pick up your cards, sit for a minute fiddling with unsideboarding, and go to the next match instead of potentially bringing up an argument about cardboard etiquette.
>>
File: wew.png (1 MB, 1023x766) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
1 MB, 1023x766
>>46811980
>What are you brewing?
>>46811993
pls
>>
>>46823294
this. I have always said "good game" at the conclusion to the round. If you brutally curbstomp them because they don't draw more than 1 land you acknowledge that that happens and it sucks but thank them for the game. Even at a Gp, where after shuffling my opponents deck, resolving mulligans and whatnot I wished him luck and he scoffed and said, "you'll need it." The only time I haven't said good game was after a neckbeard playing g/r dragon ramp garbage that peaked at the bottom of my deck while shuffling and commented "oh a blue player." And lost because, while I play blue, I was running grixis and removal is a thing that kills his deck. He threw his deck on the table after the round and shouted "I can't fucking beat blue decks!"
>>
Played Skred at my LGS last night.

Went up against grixis, a friend's sultai control brew and Merfolk. Did myuch better than I expected for my first time playing and ended 3-0.

It was my first time playing the drck so i am curious, what decks is Skred supposed to have bad matchups against?
>>
>>46824612
First time playing Skred that is. Normally I play some varient of deck that runs young pyromancer.
>>
>>46817492
Nah it's still a shit hole where your 3000 dollar deck can get banned out at the drop of a hat, play legacy
>>
>>46815033
>comparing stocks to magic cards
>magic cards are investments
behold, the mindset that is currently giving MTG a slow painful death.
>>
>>46824805
I just wish those retarded fucking faggots at wotc would stop reprinting goyf at mythic, fucking kikes
>>
>>46819913
I am also a tryhard burn faggot!
>>
>>46824612
Ad nauseum and storm
Also Wilted abzan
>>
>>46819913
tell me how you do, your list is near identical except i run 1 more lightning helix and one less searing blaze

also i don't have skullcrack or lightning helix sideboarded, instead i have 2x stony silence and rest in peace.
>>
File: upro_mana_82555.jpg (35 KB, 510x450) Image search: [Google]
upro_mana_82555.jpg
35 KB, 510x450
What deckboxes do you guys use?

I use this, I don't like it that much, too big and I don't like the molded pleather feeling to it. But it was the smallest one my lgs had that would fit a double sleeved 75.
>>
File: 61WkKQBbDbL._SY355_.jpg (11 KB, 316x355) Image search: [Google]
61WkKQBbDbL._SY355_.jpg
11 KB, 316x355
>>46826330
I use pic related, it holds 60 cards double sleeved in one side and has room for my sideboard, tokens and dice.
>>
>>46824805
Magic cards are collectibles. Part of the fun of the game is knowing that your collection has value and can be traded/sold.

I have a feeling if they reprinted every staple at common and goyfs/duals were 5$ people would still complain about prices. Timmy can only stretch his good boy points so far. Why haven't all of the poorfags just migrated to hearthstone yet so we can be done with them?
>>
>>46826680
Here's the biggest question I have: why don't they just get a job? $1000 bucks is 2ish weeks pay, just save up a bit
>>
>>46826794
>why don't they just get a job?
They probably didn't pay attention in school. Too busy chasing tail, playing vidya or smoking dope to bother thinking about their future. Then they blame society for their ills.
>>
>>46827711
>not wanting to pay exorbitant amounts for yu gi oh cards makes you into some stoner normie

kind of a weird logic jump there
>>
>>46811928
Skred players, is Skred actually good?
Like, should I build this shit?
>>
>>46828328

You'll be wanting the Casual General, or to make one if there's not one up. And that's not a joke, it will be more useful to you.

Modern is a competitive format for which this thread is intended
>>
>>46828432
Sorry then
Where should i go till i get into this enough?
>>
>>46828442
>>46828432
In the Catalog there is Standard, Modern and Lore, and since idk what Lore is i just threw a coing between Modern and Standard
>>
>>46828442
>>46828432
Also im not so sure about creating a thread just for myself, seems like a bother for the whole board
>>
>>46827771
$1000 over a couple months really isn't "exorbitant"
>>
I hope you guys are OK with proxies because I've decided to use them for any expensive card I need.

I know a place that makes them identical. Passes the light, bend, and tear tests. Perfect thickness.

Do people who play counterfeit cards anger you or are you actually more concerned about the game?

Jund here I come!
>>
>>46828763
Are you fucking kidding me? That is literally the definition of it. Stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>46826794
People have these things called bills, like rent, car notes, etc. Maybe even a wife and children to take care of too. Not everyone has that much expendable incomes. Usually people with well paying jobs don't blow their money on card games, FYI.
>>
>>46828841
>identical

I highly doubt it
>>
>>46828855
What kind of hobbies and interests do you have beyond pirated vidya that consider $1000 over a few months to be "exorbitant?"
>>
>>46828905
You'll never know. Faggot :)
>>
>>46828931
The person who replied to you wasn't me but they pretty much said what i would have.

1000 dollars over a few months...how many months? 5? 200$ a month is an exorbitant amount of money to spend on a trading card game, yes I understand that you do not have to play said game but if I'm correct, Wizards would love to have as many players and to make as much money as possible, so allowing cards to go up to such a high value without reprinting is horrible business sense. to spend more than 10 dollars on a card is honestly ridiculous, but that's just the way the game works and people deal with it regardless.

I paint, that doesn't cost near as much, maybe less than 100 a year.
>>
File: Disappoint.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
Disappoint.png
386 KB, 667x670
>go to new shop tonight because I hear their modern scene is really good
>game 3 as living end
>swing at opponent with 6/4 trampler
>he blocks with bob
>I mark his life down 5 on my paper and tell him pass turn while I'm writing
>he doesn't mark his own life down
>ask him why
>says I never declared how I was assigning damage from trampler. Bob took 6 damage.
>reallynigger.jpg
>call judge and explain events to him
>judge gives me shit about communicating better because I didn't verbally announce any change to life totals before ending my turn
>judge let's it fly that I didn't assign damage correctly
>next combat make sure to fucking explain damage assignments as autistically as I can
>jund faggot would have been dead the 2nd swing but lives to top deck a damnation and claws his way back
>tries to tell me good game and shake my hand after he wins
>tell him fuck you and go drop
I've never been more salty in my whole life holy shit. I let that faggot pick up and replay his lands twice in game 1. Never fucking again
>>
>>46829345
I play music, and even my expensive guitar and the amp I play through which is loud enough to gig a stadium is cheaper than Jund. I will also never have to replace it, if anything, minor repairs.

I refuse to spend more than 10 bucks on any card, and that is why I proxy/fake cards. If I'm caught so what. I blame some seller for selling me fake cards and lament all the money I lost. Who cares.
>>
>>46829599
>if I'm caught so what
You shouldn't have to worry if it's only fnm.

If it's a gpt or gp enjoy losing your entry fee and possibly getting banned.
>>
>>46829713
Oh no. The artists might ban me! Mommy save me!

Again, who cares. I proxy half my deck for GPs and tournaments never once deck checked and made top 3 plenty of times.

Stay upset.
>>
>>46829713

Can't he just find another shop he hasn't been to and get a new DCI number? I don't remember having to do much when I got mine.
>>
>>46829857
Correct.
>>
another blog pos... err tournament report from modern with UB Tezz going 0-3

>Blue Moon Thopters
>g1 blown out by Shape Anew into Blightsteel
>blocking with thopters like a madman but couldn't prevent the inevitable
>g2 a grind with Snappy beats
>I hold on to removal for too long until I go red zone and eat double Electrolyze

>Scapeshift
>no plan no game

>American whatever feat. Nahiri
>I was demoralized, kept a one land hand by mistake and did not draw into more lands g1
>g2 I was just a liquid mess of self pity and stupidity
>notable plays: animated Torpor Orb attacking Nahiri at 3 loyalty - he flashes Snappy in - I Slaughter Pact and when he asks me I tell him "after blockers are declared" for no reason
>took me some time to realize

How do you guys keep the concentration up?
I am a mediocre player but after rough starts/games my brain just stops giving a fuck.

Also, secret tech against Scapeshift please.
>>
Opinions on whether enemy fetches will get a reprint in Eternal Masters?
I'm in the market for a couple Scalding Tarns, but if they don't get reprinted, I'm worried the price will spike
Thoughts?
>>
>>46829345
I read comics, I spend $100-200 a month on it. I spend $100 a month on magic cards. The cards I buy hold their value, ultimately if I want to cash out I can.

Unless the "collectable items should be cheap because I want them" crowd gets their way.
>>
>>46830258
Sometimes it just isn't your night. Take it easy and try not to go full salt golem on anyone. There's always going to be a next week.
>>
>>46829492
That guy sounds like a dick. If he is relying on the rules that much then he must be a mediocre player and he managed to get the better of you. Just blow his car or something to get revenge.
>>
>>46830258
>Playing U/B.
>Not having one gorrillion free ways to rid my deck of the combo entirely and/or just gaining enough life to put yourself at 50 by turn 6.

What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
File: CompetitiveFormat.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
CompetitiveFormat.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>46829492
Your opponent was right, you were not competitive enough for modern
>>
>>46830258
>secret tech against scapeshift please
Dingus egg.

Although witchbane orb might be more practical.
>>
Anyone got a link to a place that makes tourny passable fakes?
>>
>>46830258
infinite obliteration? Or like... a cabal therapy-like. Should buy you a lot of time since they now have to not combo win. Duress/cranial extraction should also work.
>>
>>46830414
>Orb
Cryptic says hi.
>>
>>46830574
>catch all utility spell says hi
No fucking shit captain obvious. And snape kills dumbledore.
>>
>>46829492
That's really your own fault bro. Always announce damage.
>>
File: images(12).jpg (19 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
images(12).jpg
19 KB, 265x370
>>46830258
Super secret
>>
>>46830300
EM has the money cards announced already wasteland and FoW rest of the set will be 30c jank rares and maybe one $5 uncommon there will be no fetches
>>
>>46830647
>opponent plays ob nixilis unshekled
>identify as binary
>respect my xhe/xe pronouns
>search deck and dont take damage
>if judge rules against you sue wizards for gender discrimination
>1:0 at fnm
>tumblr 1 wizards 0
>>
>>46811980
Affinity4lyfe
>What are you brewing?
Nothing.
Infect vs. Affinity vs. Burn with AV and Thopter Foundry having little to no influence on the meta. I'm okay with it.
None.
>>
>>46830657

Can't wait for the reprint of Tendrils of Agony as mythic rare.
>>
>>46830635
Actually there's an established precedent that trample creatures assign any possible damage to the defending player unless stated otherwise. A real judge would know that, it was an example of acceptable short cuts in the mtg tournament rules document for years. Living end dude got screwed
>>
>>46830798
Yes, but you should always announce damage nonetheless. You can't always rely on others to follow the rules.
>>
>>46830798
They removed that shortcut.
>>
File: essence.jpg (87 KB, 733x1024) Image search: [Google]
essence.jpg
87 KB, 733x1024
Rules question. If I declare a 1/1 as a blocker against an attacking 6/6, is there anyway I can use Essence Flux to save my creature while still avoiding taking 6 damage to my face?
>>
>>46831199
Yeah, just cast it after blockers are declared. Doesn't work if the attacker has trample though
>>
>>46831199
Once you declare blockers, the 6/6 is considered 'blocked' and won't deal damage to you no matter what happens to the blocking creature. Then if you Flux it, your creature will come back into play with a +1/+1 counter and be not blocking the 6/6. But the 6/6 is still considered blocked. Kinda weird but that's how it works.

But if the 6/6 has trample, then you are taking 6 to the face, because it dealt all the damage it needed to kill the blocking creature(zero in this case, since it left the battlefield), and will deal the remainder of the damage to your face.

Also, there's a magic ruling thread that pops up at least once a week that you should check out to get a better since of the rules.
>>
>>46831199
>use Essence Flux

there is your way
the 6/6 stays blocked even if the blocker somehow leaves the battlefield

the returned creature is treated as a new object and is not the original creature blocking the 6/6 - i.e. it does not take damage
>>
What is the better Burn? With or without Nacytltlall?
Should I go Mono red Burn these days since I take no damage from manabase that way?

>pay 20 the bucks for a playset of Scalding Tarn
>friends know I'm broke but can't find any fault with card thickness, passes even a UV light test
>enter tourny every week with them
>friends look at me weird every time

Hahaha fuck 80 bucks for one fucking card.
>>
>>46831303
If your meta is creature lite, or lifegain heavy, green splash is worth it for Wild Natty and Atarka's Command. Otherwise, don't bother.

But white splash for Boros Charm and Sideboard goodies is 110% worth it.
>>
>>46831303
MonoR doesn't have access to Atarka's Command or Destructive Revelry and just sucks in general. You don't care about taking damage from your lands since you can just chuck bolts at their face like a retard and are still faster than most decks, Affinity is a good matchup as long as they don't draw Ravager and Infect doesn't deal normal damage (most of the time).
>>
Nahiri in chord is lit
>>
>>46831384
What's the mana base look like if I don't splash green?
>>
>>46831473
4 arid mesa
4 sacred Foundry
6-8 more other red fetch
Add mountains to taste
If you can, splashing black for Bump in the Night isn't the worst plan.
>>
>>46828892
>I'm b lying
I make just over 70k/yr and magic is definitely a significant money sucker. Probably not as expensive as my rent, but more than my electricity.
>>
Do you guys think Khans fetch prices are going to start climbing, or are they stable? I have a friend who's trying to offload some; and he used to sell his singles to CoolStuffInc for store credit for like 40% of the value. I told him he was getting ripped off and now he wants to sell for as much as he can get
>>
>>46823294
I beat a judge yesterday I round 4 with affinity. 2-0. I reached out my hand for a gentleman's handshake and he kept shuffling his deck and looking salty. When I said "good game?" He replied "no" and finished packing up.
>>
>>46831987
I'm the guy that posted that. I'm a charge nurse and make night pay and charge pay, but I have a stay at home wife who takes care of our almost 2 year old. I have a house mortgage, 2 cars to upkeep and pay insurance on, internet bill, utilities, and food for the family and gas for the cars.

It's hard to justify spending a lot of money on a card game when your wife says your kid would love a bouncy house at his birthday party (he loved it, so did the neighborhood kids).

Maybe I'm to adult/invested in other things to play this game.
>>
>>46832408
This is called a typical MTG player.
I'm assuming he was white, overweight, prehaps balding, and wearing glasses.
Extra points for having a stringy beard.
>>
>>46832250
They ain't going down in price any time soon.

I'm thinking about buying all the Khan fetches and Ravnica Shocks I don't have, but that'd be like $400 and I wouldn't even get a playable deck out of it. But afterwards, I could get into any modern deck I want with a discount. Decisions, decisions.
>>
>>46832250
They're only going to go up, just look at the old Zendikar fetches.
>>
>>46832451
Maybe you should stop bei ng a cuckold and put the old ball and chain to work. I'm sure the money she brings in would offset the cost of daycare for the little hellspawn.
>>
>>46832529
I don't think you realize the price of a good daycare. I wouldn't expect you to, as you most likely do not have children of your own.
>>
>>46832451
>but I have a stay at home wife
Why do you support this?
>>
>>46832708
Because she takes care of my child. She cooks meals. She does laundry. She balances our budget. She manages our money. I worry only about work.

It's an understanding we came to before we were married, that if I could support the family, and him being in daycare cost to much that it would actually be more profitable to have a loving mother with him at all times, we would do it. So we did.

This is called a mature decision. I don't expect you to understand.
>>
>>46832408

I don't understand why these people even play. It is still possible to have fun even while going 0-2 and get laughs out of your 7 consecutive land draws. It's like they live off booster packs and only go to FNM for them.
>>
>>46830691
kek
>>
>>46832408
I can't comprehend how people, a judge no less, could be this upset about a card game. Magic is a game with variance, and you should expect losses.
>>
I say good game after every game regardless of how hard I won or lost, without any maliciousness. It's just fucking manners. If my opponent is such a manbabby he can't handle losing a match then I'm not interested in making friends with him, so his reaction is irrelevant.

The only time I've had a guy get REALLY upset playing against me was a fairly new player bringing a B/R goblin tribal deck to a Tiny Leader tournament (back when TL was the new hot thing before it promptly died) and I was playing Angus Mackenzie Turbofog.
He did not take Tabernacle well.
>>
>>46833082
Was it Krenko? I can see how he'd be upset
>>
>>46833098
His commander was Grenzo, only R/B legendary goblin at 3 mana or below.

Which is a really bad commander for a tribal goblin deck, but ohh well. TL was pretty silly.
>>
>>46832766
>Because she takes care of my child.
You don't need her to stop working just to take care of the child.
>She cooks meals. She does laundry.
Not exactly amazing either. Pretty sure families with two working parents have ways to eat nice meals and can manage laundry.
>She balances our budget. She manages our money.
Once again not a task that justifies spending 7 days a week at home.
>I worry only about work.
Being specialized in one thing can be a huge problem in a relationship. You have to know how to handle most of these things.

What degree does your wife have that can't even justify getting a job to help support your family?
>>
>>46829492
Did you never say anything along the lines of "so you take 5"? Because that is literally all that's needed to rewind to that state and make sure he takes the damage. Even pointing to the card you could claim was acknowledging the trample and signaling for it.
>>
>>46833137
Oh I missed the RB part

I don't know why you wouldn't just run mono-red with Krenko. Or not play TL
>>
>>46831199
>>46831243
>>46831243
>>46831244
That's a nice little trick for my Spirit tribal. Its looking more viable than ever now.
>>
>>46822031
>crucible in infect

it's shit
>>
I would say fuck this format because they banned Dig Though Time and then banned the deck that played it best (splinter twin). However they printed new cards before they banned twin that deals with twin in every color (Warping Wail ) which deals with both pod and twin..
BTW I want to play U/R polymorph or mono red control but Goryo's Vengeance would be better then both of those :(
>>
>>46833316
>one hard-to-cast and otherwise generally useless spell means twin is A-OK

shut up about your broken deck already
>>
File: 150.jpg (72 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
72 KB, 312x445
>>46833427

Not that guy, but this card is literally R: fuck target twin player.
>>
>>46820642
It's good. Faerie decks usually try to stall the game until they can Mistbind or Cryptic on turn 4.
>>
>>46832766
Ok man sure thats your family's decision and thats cool. You obviously have other priorities. But how does that have anything to do with the price of a card game? Like why even post in the modern thread if your "too much of a grown up to buy trading cards"?

There is no reason that anyone with a stable income cant play this game at some level in any format, except vintage. Like maybe you cant buy Jund all at once, but anyone with an income can piece a deck or two together. The only reason someone couldnt is if you're unemployed, a kid, or you feel like you have other priorities. In which case its a moot point, you obviously just dont want to play and wouldnt have bought cards anyway.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/we-are-having-fun-with-spooky-vampires/

homebrew incoming

I always love making shitbrews on a budget. this one actually works wonders for me so far. tell me what you think lads
>>
>60 card main deck
>15 card sideboard
>69 card maybeboard
This is the surest sign I've ever heard of that my deck is actually shit if I'm sitting here with 69 cards I have to situationally decide to move in for the local meta.
>>
>>46833630
Uhhh, your deck isnt modern legal.
>>
File: 1445974087605.jpg (97 KB, 848x941) Image search: [Google]
1445974087605.jpg
97 KB, 848x941
>tfw playing UW Gifts Tron for the first time

I am in love, this deck is amazing. Gifts is probably one of the coolest cards in Magic.
>>
File: Secret Gifts Tech.png (127 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Secret Gifts Tech.png
127 KB, 223x311
>>46833675
Fuck your gifts
>>
>>46833156
The situation happened as I described it. He put bob in the graveyard, I picked up my pen to change life total on my sheet of paper and said "after combat I'm done" while I marked out 15 and put him at 7. I look up as he's unhappiness and his life total die is at 12 (I had a 3/3 creature he didn't block). I say "you should be at 7" and that's when he says I never assigned combat damage to him. This whole event happened in a window of maybe 3 seconds. It's not like I tried to bring up the life total discrepancy 2 turns later. The "judge" (I'm starting to doubt he was a real judge) tells me I shouldn't have ended my turn without confirming life totals and tough shit. Never mind that it was literally 3 seconds ago and there hadn't been any change in game state, they both give me the "nuh-uh you said you end your turn so it doesn't count sucks to suck" rules lawyering bullshit
>>
>>46833793
>as he's unhappiness
Should be untapping. Autocorrect
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1920x1040
>tfw you win even when your opponent has literally every piece of sideboard hate they can muster
>>
>>46833748

Its not the end of the world if this drops T0. Either you dig through your deck for either detention sphere to remove it or assemble tron and fuck your opponent in the ass with ugin and wipe their board. Yeah it'll put you in a bad spot but its not game over like leyline of the void is for dredge.
>>
>>46833793
What REL? If this was an FNM its a shitty judge, even at competitive REL this is a warning at most. I would have appealed the fuck out of that ruling.
>>
>>46833863

Detention sphere or oblivion ring. Words.
>>
>>46833667
That's why it says casual. The only time I ever actually play modern is draft and shit like that. We never get to have casual discussions
>>
>>46833793

Chances are there was a miscommunication somewhere. Seems fairly cut and dry and I don't know any judges who would fuck up that badly, except for poor communication. That said, mistakes do happen, but shitty this happened to you.
>>
>>46834005
draft isn't modern
>>
>>46832700
If daycare costs more than what your wife would get paid then the wage gap is real and i'll eat my play set of lion's eye diamonds.
>>
>>46834045
Well fuck your gay ass format then

I'll make my own format. With blackjack... And hookers!
>>
>>46834201
Well fuck your hookers then. I'll buy my own, with blacks, and jack!
>>
>>46834201
bender plz
>>
>>46814950
Some of that outrageously expensive cards are from the reserved list, a list made 20 years a go that protected the investor that they dont reprint certains card avoiding overflowing the market
>>
File: mad2.jpg (23 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
mad2.jpg
23 KB, 429x410
>>46834005
>The only time I ever actually play modern is draft
>>
>>46834327

Like the dual lands for example. The cards that form the mana base of nearly every legacy/vintage deck in the format and they're locked behind a reserved list paywall.

Jews of the Coast.
>>
Plz rats my dreck:

Combo Pieces
4 Jeskai Ascendancy
4 Fatestitcher
4 Noble Hierarch

Interaction
4 Remand
4 Path to Exile
3 Lightning Bolt

Cantrips
4 Serum Visions
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Thought Scour
3 Ideas Unbound
2 Sleight of Hand

Land
4 Flooded Strand
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Steam Vents
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Breeding Pool
1 Stomping Ground
1 Plains
1 Island
1 City of Brass
3 Faerie Conclave

Sideboard
2 Dispel
2 Spell Pierce
4 Wear//Tear
3 Young Pyromancer
2 Monastery Mentor
2 Grim Lavamancer
>>
>>46833630
Wow,literally retarded
>>
>>46834519
Awww babbys first hobby is too expensive? Haha lol I love how poor people try to play this game
>>
>>46834528
Put one ascendancy in the sideboard and run four glittering wish
>>
>>46833630
Well-crafted bait. You put some effort into making the deck description be subtly autistic.
>>
>>46834584
And what 3 cards do you propose I take out for those wishes? And how are wishes better than path/bolt/remand, since those are the only cards you can reasonably take out.
>>
File: 4FWPNJF.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4FWPNJF.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>46834570
>>
help a noob out with a question: if i use an eldrazi displacer to exile avacyn and bring her back (to trigger enter battlefield indestructible) and then my opponent let's say plays an instant that would kill the eldrazi with damage, what is the end result?
does his ability resolve, and he gets indestruct?
or does he die before the ability flickers avacyn?
>>
>>46834630
You're serious?
>>
what do you guys think about infect in a general meta? I'm going to some big thing at my lgs tomorrow and I can't decide between 2 general versions:

•a faster build with 4 each of mutagenic, might, groundswell, and become immense
•a more resilient version that sacrifices some number of pump spells for the ability to better answer opposing problems main deck. runs cards like sylvan scrying, dismember, and twisted image main.

I just top 8d a gpt with the first build, but I feel like I mostly got lucky with my matchups or opponents misplays (Jund guy inquisitioned the spellskite instead of the glistener elf).
>>
>>46834926
If he casts the instant for damage while the trigger is on the stack, they'll die before they become indestructible.
>>
>>46834926
Ceteris paribus if the damage resolves before Avacyn's indestructible granting trigger it dies, it's not that hard.
>>46834949
Sylvan scrying is overdoing it, so slow that even Tron has a chance. 1-2 Twisted Images are justified to answer mainboard Spellskites, if nothing else it cantrips or saves your dude from pyroclasm if it has a Rancor on.
>>
>>46828032
Build Free Wins Red instead

:^)
>>
>>46835011
>free win
>literally cannot win any aggro deck other than Infect, Tron, Jund or any control build
>hell, loses to even 8rack
>>
>>46834995
>>46834992
But aren't both the ability and the spell at instant speed?
I'm only asking because at pre-release one guy had his sigarda pump out 1/1 tokens so I tried to moonlight hunt on her, but he said "yea ok she dies, but the tokens are still resolved"
>>
>>46835151
There is no such thing as speed. They can both be activated/cast when you could cast an instant. When one is on the stack (the ability) you can cast the other. And if nothing else is done, the top item resolves (last in, first out). The top item is the spell, dealing damage. The creatures die. then the indestructible ability resolves.

> sigarda pump out 1/1 tokens so I tried to moonlight hunt on her, but he said "yea ok she dies, but the tokens are still resolved"

This isn't at all similar. You cast your spell, and he can respond with making his angels. they will resolve first, then sigarda dies.

If you try to respond to him making angels by killing sigarda, the abilities on the stack still resolve since once activated they are independent.
>>
>>46831303
That's based as hell, fuck those hook nosed kikes
>>
>>46835209
i get it now.
thanks for the explanation buddy.
>>
>>46834949
>Watch multiple jund players thoughtsieze the wrong target
>one jund player thoughtseizes a memnite instead of a cranial plating
Jund players have to be literally retarded holy shit lmao
>>
>>46834945
Yes i'm serious. Explain your reasoning.
>>
>>46835660
I'm not him but you're on a weird hybrid of the two jeskai ascendancy builds. You're in 4 colors but you're not playing wish. You have fatestitcher and city of brass in the same list. You need to pick one of the builds and stick with it.
>>
>>46835617
>Playing Hulk footsteps vs jund
>jund player turn 1 thoughtseizes my hulk
>poker face
>>
>>46835705
I disagree. I 4-0'd a local tourney with this build, which I admit is not exactly a gp but over 10 games I lost 2, so it's promising. It can go off a turn earlier than the straight uwr build and can actually interact effectively, unlike the wish version. Over the course of my tournament run I won a game on turn 2, I won a game by pretending to be uwr control and beating down with exalted Faerie conclaves, I beat burn in a long game by keeping their lands tapped with fatestitchers, and I went off through a ghostly prison, rest in piece, and suppression field. The deck has some real play and the manabase isn't really stretched since it's very similar to the 4c wish version's manabase. I see what you're getting at with the city of brass, and frankly I think i'd probably just cut it since 19 lands is probably enough. But it didn't cause me any problems even when I did have to fatestitch it a couple times.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (38 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
38 KB, 223x310
>$20 jump

What the fuck is this being used in?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.