[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #798
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46795725
>>
>>46809260
We sure do love having no edition editions don't we?
>>
OP you dumb motherfucker, you forgot the edition
>>
>>46809260
>>46809295
>>46809298
I'm pretty sure it's one guy who does it because he hates editions/to troll us. Kinda like how some people make the general thread and intentionally omit a backlink/pastebin out of some obscure autism.
>>
>Editionless Edition 7: The Editioning: Revenge of the Return of the Revenge of the Edition
>>
So, just looking through my list of books I've read for possible jump making material.

Elantris will be folded with The Emperor's Soul for all sort of Sel jump goodness.
Books by Terry Goodkind are banned on principle.
What about the Axis/Wayfarer books by Sara Douglass?
And I think the Dark Tower deserves its own Light of Terra style mega-jump.

Anybody else got good reads to share?
>>
>>46809432
Uh, Hank the Cowdog?

Every fiction novel I've read has been made into a jump or is such utter trash I don't want to see it used.
>>
>>46809432
>Dark Tower
Stephen King's Dark Tower, yes?
Please for the love of JesBudhAllah and Jumpchan, fucking FUND IT.
>>
>>46809317
I do hate editions but I don't see how anyone could interpret leaving them out as 'trolling'.
>>
>>46809516
If last thread didn't make clear, people hate changing traditions. And editions have been a longstanding jumpchain tradition.
>>
Is there a size limit to how big you can make your portals with the Teen Titans teleportation ability?
>>
>>46809631
In the show they mostly stay around the size big enough for one-to-five people to go through at once, so probably about that size.
You could probably swing it to be big enough to fit an average-sized car, if you wanted, but not a lot bigger than that.
>>
>>46809631
If you're talking about the magic portals like Raven uses, I guess it mostly depends on how much magic you're willing to spend.
How strong are you in comparison to Raven?
Or Trigon?
>>
File: Sunrider Jumpchainv.2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Sunrider Jumpchainv.2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Alright nerds
XCOM, Waifu edition is complete for the most part.

Questions, comments, re balancing and maybe a capstone perk for drop in would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QXZsg2qUPo
>>
>>46809831
No, I mean the one in the thief perk tree
>>
>>46809858
>Digitally Compatible Consciousness
Should be once per jump. That's the rule for things that let you avoid death. Yes you did put the limit of no supernatural abilities for the rest of the jump, but that does nothing to stop a tech focused jumper that would make the best use of this perk anyway.

Drop in is missing it's capstone.

Otherwise it looks pretty good.
>>
>>46809941
Wait no disregard the drop in comment I am dumb.
>>
>>46809941
>Should be once per jump.
I'll update .3 with this at the end.

and the digital compression is taxing, meaning that you can only use this ability once per jump.
>>
You do realize that digitally compatible consciousness is itself supernatural?
>>
>>46809996
Is that directed at me?
Well is it? The transhumanists would have me believe that in 20 years I'll be able to upload my mind to the mainframe. Motoko Kusanagi did this in ghost in the shell and while it has some metaphysics it's certainly not considered supernatural.

I mean If we're getting technical Phasers from star trek are supernatural, because nadions don't exist. The line between supernatural and science fiction is the tone of the lore explaining the phenomenon.
>>
Can anybody tell me how sharingan+sorcery savant+magic eye(LoSS supplement) compares to either of the copying abilities in the LoZ/Ranma jumps? I'm tempted to say that combo could copy just about anything save psychic abilities, but I'd like a second opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 582x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 582x900
I need some major willpower boost. Does anyone have a list of jumps with willpower boosts?
>>
>>46810039
Nah, directed at this guy >>46809941
Stupid phone keeps deleting quotes for some reason.
>>
Does anyone have that pdf of all the jumps for random rolling that someone posted a few threads ago?
>>
>>46810039
To expand on what I meant about it being supernatural, while digitizing and uploading your brain bits would still be you, it would still count as death for the purposes of jumpchain like every other self-rez effect. The explicitly supernatural part is that it somehow preserves continuity of self so you never count as dead during the process like you would without the perk.
>>
>>46810128
I added it to the drive. It's missing the two in the uploads folder right now though.
>>
>>46810138
Not exactly obvious to most of us then chief. If it does work that way, then that's exactly the same as just saying it only works once, which also has the benefits of not risking people not realising it also falls under the supernatural ban. Seems obvious to me that putting in just a few more words can easily prevent a lot more problems.
>>
Is Tales of Demons and Gods done?
>>
>>46810067
Stoic=Megaman X: Willpower is boosted. Motivating yourself is no issue, and neither is overcoming your fears and inhibitions.
Too Raw=Bastion: Will to live is staggering.
Capital Fellow=Muppet Treasure Island: Extremely strong will and will not fall to corruption, sloth, or greed.
Hostile Effects Resistance=Geneforge: 25% resistance to mental effects. Resistance to stunned.
Unholy Truth=HellGateLondon: See demons. Mind protected from most minor psychic assaults.
Unshaken Will=Bomberman 64 2nd ATK: You remain resolute and unshakable in your resolve.
Call of the Arisen=Dragon's Dogma: Huge willpower boost.
Mental Fortitude=LotR: A hardy soul and powerful will.
Attitude=Power Rangers: Confers a small bonus to willpower.
Hot Heat=Girlchan in Paradise: Willpower boost.
My Name Is Jake!=Animorphs: Will is immense; you will not be controlled. Particularly effective against parasites.
Unwavering=Hellsing: Unbreakable will and an absolute sense of "self." Even in your darkest hour your psych will remain clear and soul unwavering.
Just Another Day in the Life=Commorragh: Substantial boost to your willpower and strength of mind. Also gets rid of squeamishness.
Solo Pilot=Pacific Rim: Massive boost to willpower.
Metaphysical Biology, PhD=NGE: Willpower is improved.
Will of D=One Piece: Willpower in nigh-insurmountable no matter the despair you face.
Resolve=Kill La kill: Powerful boost to willpower and determination. Stand firm when mere mortals would be quaking in their boots.
Willpower=Wakfu: Strength of will is such that you can easily withstand most temptations.
>>
>>46810138
You need to answer some philosophical questions before you can claim that with certainty. And I kind of side step it anyway.

The perk requires you to have an active connection with your digital self at the moment of death for it to count.
>>
>>46810138
>while digitizing and uploading your brain bits would still be you, it would still count as death for the purposes of jumpchain like every other self-rez effect. The explicitly supernatural part is that it somehow preserves continuity of self
No, it doesn't count as a death for the purposes of Jumpchain because you purchased an exeption from the Benefactor, same as how background deaths to become undead don't count when you purchase perks/racial options that make you undead, or how there's the death in the beginning of DxD, or how deaths and resurrections in a few specific jumps (like Magicka) don't count.
>>
>>46810213
>or how there's the death in the beginning of DxD,
This is a valid point but using DxD as an example is like peer reviewing myself.
>>
>>46810209
Thanks!
>>
>>46810241
I was using it as an example of a death that doesn't end the chain by benefactor fiat, not saying it's a justification for the perk allowing more deaths.
>>
File: 1460573936707.gif (926 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460573936707.gif
926 KB, 500x375
>>46810212
>>46810213
For the porpoises of /jc/, as long as it is within a reasonable limit to at least maintains the underlying threat of the game (i.e. you get rekt and forced to go home), then it's fine. Like the SOMA perk.

If post-spark we can go full Ultron, beaming our noggins everywhere at once while having the voice of James Spader, then it's Kool and the Gang. Especially the Spader part. James Spader jump when?
>>
File: Tales of Demons and Gods.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Tales of Demons and Gods.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46810174
Just finished it last night and other than grammar it is done. I just put it in upload folder but here is the current pdf. Should be done.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>46810496
What sort of feats can a fully mature aspect-type god do? As a god of iron, is it more like creating iron out of nothing and moulding it into attacks, manipulating ambient iron or turning into iron?

>>46810065
The sharingan's kinda overrated IMO, I imagine outside of Naruto-native spiritual techniques there'd be a steeper learning curve unless you had more perks to compensate.

When you say combo are you talking about all those perks at once or in comparison to the LoZ/Ranma ones? Because going over the wording for the LoZ/Ranma ones it sounds like having both of of them pretty much lets you do what combo #1 does, but way better since Sorcery Savant just makes you hella buff at Buffy magic while magic eye just lets you perceive magic; they're useful but if all you want is copy powers the latter pair are more directly applicable to out of universe things.

Personally we favor Lore from FF6 (requires innate capability for the magic, BUT a) mentions possibility of copying spells from other magic systems if the principles are transferable and b) with "proper understanding and innate capabilities" can be extended to other techniques), Creative Composition from Ar Tonelico (replicates powers with Song Science implying a soft-very soft, apparently-cap on what can be copied, but also opens the route of improving/amplifying/modifying copied powers with tech perks) and A Monster's Strength from Tower of God (partly replicates techniques used on you that you're technically capable of learning, comes with substantial mystic ability buffs and a buff to training them to your full potential)

Though some other folks favor Blue Magic from FF8 since it's apparently teachable; not entirely sure how though. And Song of Triumph from Aquaria comes with shapeshifting into your foe's image as a bonus package.

>>46809432
Neil Gaiman's short stories, perhaps? The Shadow novellas set after American Gods seem to tie then together somewhat.
>>
>>46810813
If you are a god of iton I would expect you to be able to probably be stronger when around iron and be able to mold it to use it to attack, like how the god of feath uses bones to attack people by shooting the bones in the ground at them. Fully mature you could use your law energy to make clothes which are pretty durable, yuyan the fire law goddess makes dresses from her law energy, as a god of iron you could probably make full on armor or weapons from yours.
>>
File: IRON SON.jpg (80 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
IRON SON.jpg
80 KB, 1360x768
>>46810884
So pic related but with things being worn? Neat, thanks.
>>
>>46810884
God of death, he made a dungeon and was luring people in and killing them to grab death energy faster. He could produce a miasma and control dead bones to make bone spikes shoot at people or make hands out of the death energy to try and crush people.
>>
>>46810813
Sorcery savant from young justice, AS.
>>
>>46810962
...oh right, sorcerer savant. Yeah, that works.

On the subject of YJ, anyone else done anything cool with Hasty Hexer? The idea of being able to claim some demesnes on the fly at the cost of magical heartburn is an invaluable boon.
>>
>>46810065
Don't forget Irregular capstone from Tower of God. It allow you to copy ability if you can survive it.
>>
>>46809432
I have it in my mind to do a Known Space/Man-Kzin Wars/Ringworld jump, but the backgrounds are unbalanced as heck - the obvious backgrounds are drop-in/Pak/Human/Kzin, but humans/homnids have the advantage that they can eat Tree-Of-Life and become Protectors, and even if I make all the backgrounds human/homnid (Drop In/Pak/Human/Ringworlder etc.) Human tops out as best.
So I'd probably have to declare that eating Tree-Of-Life forces you to stay in the jump or something stupid like that.

Could also do a Peter Hamilton jump or two (Commonwealth Saga, Mindstar Rising, The Night's Dawn Trilogy)

buuuuut I don't want to do more sci-fi right now because I just did Polity.

>Dark Tower
Shit yes. Also just more Stephen King jumps in general.

Shadow Moon/Dawn/Star is something else that has occurred to me.

I want to do Necroscope/Vampire World/E-Branch, but I'm sure that'll be banned for lewds.

>>46806321
>Nuclear Throne Jump
I think I give a couple of notes to an anon about it a month ago, but I haven't heard anything since.
>>
>>46811192
Just got listed up above man; A Monster's Strength

>>46811200
>Dark Tower
>inb4 1000 CP drawback involving the Crimson King and time loops
>>
>>46811257
How do you do Time Loops for a Jump? The whole point of Jumps is that they eventually end.
>>
>>46811288
It'd be something like the From Dust scenario where you keep looping until you reach a win condition, or something.
>>
File: uncle gary rang the bell.gif (976 KB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
uncle gary rang the bell.gif
976 KB, 300x172
>>46811288
> How do you do Time Loops for a Jump?
It's just a jump to the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkplPbd2f60
>>
>>46811478
man, I'd totally make a Generic Musical Jump if I wasn't such a plebian when it comes to Broadway.
>>
Ok for JoJo, I have this stand. What does /JC/ think?

『Starheart』
Statistics:
Destructive Power: A
Speed: C
Range: B
Durability: B
Precision: D
Developmental Potential: A

Basic Ability:
Create Flame - Starheart is able to produce and manipulate green flames to a limited degree.

Awakened Ability:
Maze of Fire - An area of 20m is warped into a flaming hedge maze into which there's only one exit and multiple deadends.

Requiem Ability:
Create Flame can now create solid objects and constructs out of the green flames produced by Starheart.

I know it's kinda just taking a concept already in another setting, and making it into a stand. However it's not unlike that of Magician Red but slightly different.
>>
>>46811598
Just so you know, it's considered okay to balance your Stand to the actual canon rather than the ones in the jump, they were originally going to be replaced with less underpowered ones.
>>
>>46811636
Just so you know not everyone wants Gold Experience Requiem or D3C.
>>
>>46811200
Is being a Protector really that good, though? Armored skin, exceptional strength, exceptional but more predictable intelligence... Sounds like a fair capstone to me, but nothing jump-breaking.

I don't know the series that well, but it seems like the Puppeteers, at least, could have a capstone based around their, well, Puppeteering - given that they set up an ongoing war between two species to force one to evolve into a less violent form. You could probably also turn Kzin evolution into a capstone as well - a paragon of cleverness and foresight.
>>
>>46811685
Do you know what a false dichotomy is?
>>
>>46811636
Magician's Red is pretty much weaker.

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: C
Durability: B
Precision: C
Developmental Potential: D

I mean sure it's more precise, and faster. However it doesn't have as much developmental potential, destructive power or range. Sure it's not on par with say Star Platnium or The World. However Abdul wasn't a pushover.
>>
>30. Supreme Commander

>Aeon [Background]
>21 years old (rolled)
>Quantum Mind [Free Aeon]
>Evaluator [Discount Aeon] [900 left]
>Seer [Discount Aeon] [700 left]
>Burke Blood [Discount Aeon] [400 left]
>Seer Pool [Free Aeon]
>T3 Mass and Energy [100 left]
>......................
>ACU [1 free!]
>Docking Bay [Free!]
>Advanced Allocation Resource System [1900 MP left]
>Increased Rate Of Fire [Free Aeon]
>Personal Shield Generator [1800 MP left]
>Heavy Shield [Discount Aeon] [1700 MP left]
>Quantum Disruptor [Primary Weapon Type] [Free Aeon]
>Enhanced Sensor System [Discount Aeon] [1600 MP left]
>Chrono Dampener [Discount Aeon] [1400 MP left]
>Enhanced Quantum Disruptor [Discount Aeon] [1300 MP left]
>Nano-Repair System [800 MP left]
>Jump Jets [600 MP left]
>Anti-Air Turret [400 MP left]
>Personal Teleporter [100 MP left]
>Enhanced Construction [0 MP left]
>.........................
>Profound Silence [200 left]
>Slow [300 left]
>Aeon Paragon [Discount Aeon] [0 left]
>Move On?

This has been a quite frankly harrowing experience. We've never felt so... alone, before. Also everything was slow. Very slow. What was with that? With that said, it has also been more than worth it.

We have obtained a particularly useful device on this journey. With this device in Our hands... We can almost certainly make a very big difference in the future.

Oooohohohohohohohohoho~!

In the meantime, Our friend Vernon has begun to suggest several armor concepts for Us. Some of these designs are more pleasing than others.
>>
>>46811863
I wonder how she can fight in those heels.
>>
File: 1459574717913.png (136 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1459574717913.png
136 KB, 720x960
It's been a few days, and while I hit a bit of a block with some parts, I'm currently hitting up some inspiration for my jump. As such, I thought I'd throw down a WIP while I work.

Perks and Items are both finished, got a skeleton for companions and drawback sections which I'll work on today. Should be done soon, with only those and the intro/background choice still to do.

Any comments would be appreciated, as well as suggestions for more drawbacks.

http://pastebin.com/ePw2aWm0
>>
>>46811891
Maybe they're some sort of grav-shoes?
To me, that would explain they have so much bulk for heels.
>>
>>46810435
>you get rekt and forced to go home

Nobody acknowledges that shit and you know it, it's another outdated product of an outdated ideal.
>>
>>46809432
Dark Tower? YESSSSS.

Side Note: which perks could I use to urn myself into a one man symphony?
>>
So how do you do the whole Planetary Consciousness schtick from Alpha Centauri correctly? It seems like you'd need to stack up mental perks before doing the Jump but I'm not sure which ones.
>>
>>46811914
What, precisely, does God Tier let you do? I keep hearing weird, disturbing things about that Lord English fellow but according to my research assitant Google he also did a lot of convulated time shit involving ritualistic battle with a giant sun-worm called Yaldabaoth, being reborn from some sort of cueball-headed omniscient oracle and being fused with the alternate universe(?) versions of some other characters. So choosing to be the Lord of Time wouldn't make you his afterlife-blast thing, I assume.

>>46811959
Keep a positive attitude and be nice to strangers, I guess.

So-Macross and Generic Children's Show
>>
>>46811914
>Cue ball
I'd say to cut that, letting you know or learn basically anything if you spend a few minutes messing around with what questions you ask is too much.
>>
>>46811982
Agreed. Wasn't it only relevent in Homestuck proper anyway?
>>
>>46811737
Yeah, it's that good.

For an idea of the boost that eating Tree of Life gives, the Pak are basically neanderthals, and "just intelligent enough to swing a club or throw a stone."
When a Pak upgrades to a Protector, they're smart enough to work out how to make near-lightspeed starships, nukes and dyson rings, and most of the other wonky tech in the setting like time-stasis fields and artificial gravity.

When a human eats Tree of Life, well, humans are smart enough to work out near-c travel by themselves, so their baseline intelligence isn't that far behind a Pak Protector to start with. The Protector known as Peace has almost Path To Victory level insight. They simply don't make mistakes unless they have incomplete data.
And they're immune to mind control as well, since they were designed to overthrow the Slavers.
>>
File: 1436939337966.png (111 KB, 800x805) Image search: [Google]
1436939337966.png
111 KB, 800x805
>>46811966
Yeah, English is pretty bullshit, far beyond most God Tiers. Pretty much all of his stuff isn't possible to do here. The usual overpowered stuff that gets cited is about him, or Jade's shrinking planets, which are both banned because you can't get the power sources for it.

Lord class is already more powerful than the usual classes through, so that one can't be picked.

For normal (through pretty powerful) God Tiers, John and Jake have probably the biggest feats in sheer power. The former drilling into a planet with a tornado (smaller feat than it sounds, since it's not that useful in actual combat, and a Homestuck planet appear to be a lot smaller than real ones.), and the latter making something like a giant, glowing forcefield about fifty meters or so (Not sure, I suck at estimating distance?) across. Someone else ripped out someone's soul with effort and a bit of time, and another is able to see the path to the most fortuitous outcome for a specific definition you give to that.

>>46811982
>>46811997
Fair enough. I /was/ thinking it was a bit much when I actually wrote out the description. Would it work if I limited it to only precog, perhaps with a price increase? If not, I suppose it'll be taken out.
>>
>>46811966
God Tier gives two big enhancements. The first is that the powers your title gives you get majorly boosted in strength. Nothing truly ridiculous, all the most powerful uses of title abilities were while being further boosted by other effects, but it's a serious power up none the less. The second big thing God Tier gives you (and the thing most people were worried about) is that you can only die if your death is suitably dramatic. Specifically, your death has to be either heroic or deserved. You can die going out in some noble sacrifice, or you can die when you're a horrible person. Any other time you die, you just come back to life. The jump deals with the infinite respawning issues by just having it apply for the duration of the SBURB jump, though.
>>
>>46812065
I think it'd be best to leave out entirely.
>>
>>46812064
Wait, the Pak predate the Suicide Night? What book was that revealed in? I must not have read that one.
>>
>>46812069
Oh, okay. The respawn is news to me to be honest, I was just worried by allegations of one God Tier character shrinking a planet into a marble and putting it into her pocket.

>>46812065
Re: The cueball, I'm sceonding just leaving it out. Render unto Homestuck what is Homestuck's.

Ah right, Jade. That's the one I was thinking of.

How big is a Homestuck planet? Are they like Wakfu Eliatrope planets? Because Qilby is definitely not a (normal sized) planetbuster and he pimp slapped Yugo into one hard enough to crack it like an egg with his Eliacube-arm. It was mostly hollow inside too, apparently. AND Yugo just kinda walked it off instead of, you know, being vaporised on impact.

That does sound pretty reasonable, alright. Since they're weird and vaguely themed, I'm just going to think of them like Stand powers until proven otherwise.
>>
>>46809432
Villains by Necessity, by Eve Forward is one of my favorite books. Sadly there were only so many printed and it's difficult to get your hands on a copy. There's /almost/ enough material in it to make a Jump, if one doesn't mind inferring a few Perks.

The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings is another favorite. A Jump is feasible, but I'm not sure there's enough interesting Perks to make it worth wild making one.

I've also been tempted to make a Light of Terra style mega Jump out of The Saga of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt Jr., but I /really/ don't want to have to try to explain the magic system in the series. Besides, if one wanted to experience more than one book at a time, one would have to stick around for a long, long time.
>>
>>46809432
As a fan of your Fallen London jump I would be very amused to see you try to make a Nightside jump.

If only to lap up the delicious, delicious tears of those who thought Scion, Gilgamesh and Darkseid were scary fuckers.
>>
>>46812166
So, you want to see more "HOW DO I BEAT X" essentially?
>>
>>46812100
Teacher's Pet, Man-Kzin Wars XI.
>>
>>46812188
No, no-I derive sadistic pleasure from watching the insecure and pridefu humiliate themselves in their quest to "HOW DO I BEAT X" only to realise they're gonna get sent home at best if they tried to take X on.
>>
>>46812150
Redemption of Althalus would be good, but you'd have to be very, very careful with the doors.
>>
Just got back, and wow, that's a lot of books.

Unfortunately, this is not a declaration of intent or a claim to making the Dark Tower jump. While it deserves a mega jump, I am neither a Stephen King buff nor do I have the free time it deserves.

>>46812166
The main character's personality was kindof a drawback to my reading, and the tone of the books felt nasty. Like a British version of the Dresden Files.
>>
>>46812211
Considering the past records of Scon, Gilgamesh and Darkseid (Less so on the last one), I'm more certain that you'd be one of those fans that wanks their favourite character to high heaven.
>>
File: LOWAS_default.png (230 KB, 561x556) Image search: [Google]
LOWAS_default.png
230 KB, 561x556
>>46812082
>>46812113
Very well. It'll gone from the next edit then, unless convincing other arguments are put forth to return it.

As for planet sizes... It's not really consistent, with differing sizes all around. At one point the actual Earth is used as a planet with no visible difference in size, even through the planets shown before that seem much smaller... Anyway, the planet in question, the Battlefield, seems to be about the same size as the player's lands/planets through. For those, see pic related, where at the very top you can see a tower for scale. That's about at as wide as a standard suburban home.

Don't know enough about JoJo one way or another, but okay?
>>
>>46812166
Could someone give me a link to a description? I'm trying to google "Nightshade book", but it's just giving me a crappy werewolf romance novel series. I assume that's not what we're talking about, right?
>>
>>46812219
Hah, I don't disagree with your assessment at all. The series is a guilty pleasure of mine.
>>
File: daily_picdump_1977_640_22.jpg (27 KB, 462x600) Image search: [Google]
daily_picdump_1977_640_22.jpg
27 KB, 462x600
>>46812216
Oh well, yeah. Getting sucked into NoWhere and NoWhen would kind of end your Jump Chain pretty quickly. It's one of those situations where I can see a special Loss Condition being set that's a little more punishing than usual.
>>
>>46812237
https://www.goodreads.com/series/40946-nightside

>>46812220
Oh, goodness no. See, THAT'S the thing-in their worlds those guys are exceptional right? The Nightside? They'd be chewed up and spit out-because there's LOTS of things like them running around.

I shan't spoil you but-suffice to say I'm not a fan of any of the beings I'm thinking of, and I wouldn't put them above those guys lightly.
>>
>>46812064
Huh, that's pretty amazing. Are all humans compatible with the tree, though? Because if so, why doesn't everyone eat a fruit from it?
>>
>>46812267
Oh, now I feel dumb. I was misreading it. NightSIDE, not NightSHADE. Derp.
>>
>>46812256
I was specifically thinking of the use they put it to when they revisit Gosti Big Belly, but yeah, that would need to be looked at too.
>>
>>46812267
>In their world
Aside from Scion, the other two aren't the top tier by a long, long way. Even then Darkseid is still galaxy level at least and he's fought on a multiversal scale with the Soulfire (Not the Dresden stuff) at one point.

You still haven't really given examples so for all I know your just making things up or don't actually have an idea of the power levels of the three you use as examples.
>>
>>46812287
I wasn't too worried about the time travelling side of the Doors. After all, you'd have a Goddess pretty much on your shoulder to use them, unless you did something awful to her, at which point you deserve what you get.
>>
>>46812273
All humans are compatible with it. There are two reasons that not everyone eats it, though. Firstly, it's really rare. Secondly, Pak Protectors are sociopaths, and see nothing wrong with the most horrible atrocities so long as it promotes the long-term survival of their charges. Kind of turned people off the idea. Oh, and Pak Protectors look really gross, so basic human vanity, too. There is a derivative of the Tree-of-Life that's used as an anagathic and intelligence-booster pretty widely, though. Just no one using the pure form.
>>
>>46812309
The three he's using as examples are the ones most frequently with people going "GIVE ME A STRATEGY GUIDE ON HOW TO BEAT X," so he thus uses them as such.
>>
>>46812309
I don't blame you at all, and you're not obliged to believe me. If someone ever makes a Nightside jump I want just how bad shit gets to be a surprise.

Let me put it this way: There's a character called Count Entropy who can control possibilities so well, he basically has Zelretch's power, being probability pased instead of alternate world based. Him being an insecure chump with daddy issues is the only thing preventing him from fully realising it.

He's a one-off villain. The arc villains dwarf him by many orders of magnitude.

Oh, and angels/fallen angels show up. They're at Old Testament powerlevels. The Nightside's very nature (this is a spoiler) weakens them on entering. And they still overpower almost everyone in a straight fight.
>>
>>46812341
I know, but he's also saying that they'd be fodder in this other series he talks about which is what I was referring to.
>>
>>46812150
>Besides, if one wanted to experience more than one book at a time, one would have to stick around for a long, long time.
Could just slap in a system like the Neverwinter Nights jump has. Just, you know, finish the jump so the system is explained fully and works.
>>
>>46812348
Also, I'm well aware where the strongest Servant with his Gate of Babylon (pre-Extra, admittedly) and the surviving remnants of the Warrior Entity sit at, powerlevelwise.

Comic Book Darkseid with the Anti-Life Equation and all other doodads to be at full potential would be roughly on par with the major powers of the books. Emphasis on POWERS-as in, there being multiple beings on his tier.
>>
File: 54 inches long, 41 inches wide.jpg (5 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
54 inches long, 41 inches wide.jpg
5 MB, 3872x2592
Peel P50 as my Transformers alt-mode. Opinions.
>>
>>46812347
>can control possibilities so well, he basically has Zelretch's power, being probability pased instead of alternate world based.
What?
>>
>>46812273
From what I recall you have to be a certain age (40ish?), and when you eat it, you turn super ugly, your genitals shrivel up and you can no longer have kids. With longevity treatments, nearly all humans would rather keep their "good enough" brain/body and have fun for the first hundred years of their life. There's a conversation in the book Protector about it. IIRC, once you get past 60 years or so, even on the longevity drugs, the Tree-of-life no longer works on you.
>>
>>46812319
If you got your own equivalent of Emmy I would do that jump second and I would love every minute of it, horrible war against the god of destruction and all.

It'd have to be some sort of extra sister though, or a cousin? That'd let them have less power, so you can't use their 'book' to go around warping reality as you please.

I know the power level isn't all that high, but it's one of those versatile things that needs to be carefully considered. Anyway, you may have guessed I quite like the book, so I'd like to stay and chat but I need sleep.
>>
>>46812383
It reminds me about that kids show about a sentient old style wind up car that had adventures.

So, kind of that ugly cute style.

>>46812347
It begins. Lack of hard feats and heresay is only the tip of the problem.
>>
>>46812409
The engine is literally right next to the pedals, and it's about what you'd get on a Vespa.

Finally. The perfect car for smol Jumpers.
>>
>>46812335
Well, that's a good reason for it to be a Chain-Ender, then. If you eat it, then you WILL choose to stay because your mind has been reconfigured to protect your charges. Maybe offer a weaker version as the human capstone and the full version as an item that explains the caveat, but then also explains the less chain-ending uses?
>>
File: 1459235846087.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1459235846087.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>46812398
If I did the Jump, and this is not a declaration saving it (I've got Arcanum to finish first), I'd give people access to Emmy herself. I'd just say that the powers of the book diminish post-Jump. But anyways, enjoy your sleep.
>>
>>46812385
*probability based

>>46812450
Where's that snekhead from?
>>
>>46812458
That is not why I asked what?
>>
File: 1459232064881.jpg (137 KB, 406x591) Image search: [Google]
1459232064881.jpg
137 KB, 406x591
>>46812458
Not a clue.
>>
>>46812383
What the hell is that?
>>
>>46812495
A very small car.
>>
>>46812495
The smallest car.

A car that truly, no huge Jumper can fit their fat asses into.
>>
>>46812514
So like Red or spyro?
>>
>>46812518
Well Red can change sizes, but Spyro will always be fat.
>>
>>46812467
Why'd you ask what then, anon? I legit dunno what your question is. If you're asking how he got his powers, it's kinda skimmed over. Basically he's a fookin' wizard.

>>46812527
Isn't Spyro magic or whatever?
>>
>>46812527
But isn't Red usually some sort of huge demon lady as tall as a two story house?
>>
>>46812527
There're size changes, anon, and then there's shrinking down to shortstack height to fit in that Fisher-Price bucket-on-wheels.
>>
>>46812584
You made me laugh anon. Thank you.
>>
>>46812495
Well, it fits the height requirements for Small Chassis.
>>
File: tumblr_my06qxicYH1rsd6nxo1_500.gif (93 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my06qxicYH1rsd6nxo1_500.gif
93 KB, 500x616
>>46812542
Much larger, but the point is like >>46812527 said, size changing is very very important.

>>46812584
>pic related
>>
>>46812540
>Isn't Spyro magic

Yeah, and a diet with a lot magic is awful for your figure.
>>
>>46812635
How rude Red. No bullying the Inchlings they have enough to deal with.
>>
>>46812651
Well it doesn't help he's gulping down buckets of ice cream at the same time.
>>
>>46812690
Magical ice cream is delicious, but it goes straight to your thighs.
>>
A weekly reminder to always bully chubby dragons.
>>
File: panic.gif (1 MB, 516x465) Image search: [Google]
panic.gif
1 MB, 516x465
Worst thing you've ever done?
>>
>>46812540
The question was how does he pull Zelretch's powers with probability manipulation?
>>
>>46812953
At least fat dragons look regal. Giantess assfat just looks flabby.
>>
File: Empress.png (10 KB, 259x188) Image search: [Google]
Empress.png
10 KB, 259x188
>>46813130
>>
>>46813158
What's with the neck?
>>
>>46813053
Brought about the extinction of humanity in High School of the Dead. Them origin was just too much fun to pass up.
>>
>>46813113
Oh right. Essentially? He manipulates probability to the point where he can basically warp reality, liquifying normally untouchable super=zombies effortlessly.

In retrospect that was a bad analogy, and I should've gone with Arcuied. Because he basically is a very incompetant Marble Phantasm user.
>>
>>46813158
Well its got a crown, and a throne, and servants so yes. Regal.
>>
>>46813171
At a guess, there's a cow halfway down. Or possibly something else.
>>
>>46813270
The solid throne is cracking under that weight.
The servants look less than enthused.
At most you have the crown on point.
>>
>>46810138
Depends on the methodology, anon. There are theories that allow for continuity.
>>
Jumpers have any of you tried to release your spirit animal? Mine is Brian Blessed.
>>
>>46812495

What's the reason for no Orange Lantern in GLTAS? I'm not trying to change anything, but I thought I remembered someone saying it was because they don't appear in the show. But then I watched the show and Larfleeze has an appearance? As a jumper that collects stuff and things, I'm looking for a way to get an orange ring.
>>
If you choose the Sith origin in KOTOR without anti-corruption perks, are you inevitably going to be evil?
>>
Does anyone know what the ACU can and can't replicate? Can it make techno-organic computers if I feed it blueprints? Could it make copies of my Reach Scarab from YJ so that my companions have armor?
>>
>>46813611
In the comics I think it is because there is only one ring (sometimes). In GLTAS because there is only one Lantern.

In the show there are lots of rings, but only one Lantern to charge it.
>>
>>46813626
According to the wank around here, apparently it can raise genetically-diverse biological samples to mass produce Reapers, so go fucking nuts.

Frankly I'm surprised nobody's mass-produced Towers.
>>
>>46813611
Because there's only one and its owner doesn't like to share. You want it so bad? Go find him and take it.
>>
>>46813611
Yellow and Indigo are the ones that are excluded for not appearing. Orange is out because the author is convinced an Orange Ring would break a jumper.
>>
>>46813611
Not the anon, but you cant get it because you would be consumed with Greed, ending up just like Larfleeze. And because the Orange lantern is on a completely different level. Larfleeze creates constructs that resemble people he's killed, he's his own corp
>>
>>46813626
Well considering the experimental factory in the sequel could make Cybersaurus Rex... It has a lot of flexibility.
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
>>46813471
Which one? Ours are the mantis shrimp, the spider, the moth, the corgi, the African swallow, the honey badger and Neil Gaiman.

We're a complicated being.

>>46813053
We once defended humanity from alien invaders, freely gave away advanced magitech capable of solving all scarcity issues and allowed hope through camaraderie for the future to erode the boundaries between nations.

To this day we're still deeply ashamed and horrified about what we unleashed in our ignorance. We may never forgive ourself for our mistake.

Even if Pacific Rim was just jump #34.

>>46813626
As far as I can tell its' mass-energy stuff is mainly used for things like mechanical parts and fuel systems so you would probably have to tinker it a bit before it could handle biotech, especially stuff with really exotic, high-energy yield properties like the Scarab.

>>46813665
...what?
>>
>>46813617
It's not so much evil so much as the lure of the dark side and your emotions being more susceptible to rage and such.
>>
>>46813670
There's actually a whole bunch- Hal practically trips over them as approaches the Central Power Battery. In that continuity, Larfleeze killed the rest of his Corps out of jealousy.
>>
>>46813679
In the show there used to be an orange Lantern corp. Only those with an unyielding sense of duty were allowed in. Then the Manhunters came and killed pretty much everyone, but Larfleeze survived and has been alone with the Lantern ever since.
>>
>>46813665
Yeah, I wasnt planning the reapers, mostly cause I know nothing about Mass Effect.

But the towers on the other hand would be quite helpful to get even more energy generators. I was just thinking of replicating the Reach Scarabs so that I can finally give Skitter kickass armor and call her "Khepri" effectively drawing the opposite of what she actually becomes. Also Apokalyps I believe wouldnt be able to take on a galactic armada of robots and ships that just got teleported outta nowhere up their ass via doormaker.
>>
>>46813617

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
What about that is evil?
>>
>>46813709
You fuckin read that correctly, mass-produced Reapers.

go ham on it you little starchild.
>>
>>46813721
I thought it was straight-up cancerous evil?
>>
>>46813742
Oh, was it the manhunters? I stand corrected.
>>
>>46813752
The fucking fashion sense.
>>
>>46813761
I think it was. Not sure if the Guardians themselves were involved or if it was just another Manhunter attack.
>>
>>46813767
Yeah, okay, fair point here.

Sith fashion sense is Emo Middle Schooler levels of edgy.
>>
>>46813709
Actually. Depending if "Duct Tape Fusion" from Invader Zim works how I think/hope it does. Incorporating a duplicated "Cradle" from the Marvel cinematic jump, coupled with perhaps SCP-914 I may be able to create all sorts of crazy stuff from the ACU. But I feel as though I'll need hydra notes just to assure success in the project. Also Lagann type mecha imported as my ACU helps
>>
>>46813752
>>46813793
Nothing, but you have to realize two things.

1. That's the original dark side mantra. It's been corrupted and most dark side users use an edgier one.

2. Both this and the Jedi's mantra are corruptions of the original mantra, especially the one used before the Je'daii split along light/dark side lines. Basically the original text is supposed to be about balancing. Your passion and your serenity, for example. You were supposed to have and embrace both, but never let a single side rule you.
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>46813753
>starchild

Despite our relative youth compared to our partner, we reject the allegations that our relationship can be summed up as incestous straight shota.

>>46813793
It's worse, actually. Have you seen how some of the female Sith dress? Pretty sure emo middle schoolers would get sent home for dressing like that.

>>46813835
Pretty much, yeah. Duct Tape Fusions always seemed a bit messy from what I'd seen of it from the show; the HYDRA Blueprints seem like a much safer bet, especially if you want to fuse in more things later on.

Personally we've always been a big fan of Throne of Creation and Forge of War from Etrian Odyssey even after finding out the aesthetics weren't what we expected.

Karmatron Dynamics coupled with the Regenerator Nano from GUNNM also have very good potential for tech fusion, albeit with initially unstable results.

Biomega's RPIP tech is also extremely good for converting something into biotech, although they tend to have a certain intimidatingly organic-

>Lagann type mecha
>Lagann

...and just like that, you've lost us.
>>
To the anon who made x-men movies. What happens on taking futures past and xavier-magneto teamup?
>>
>>46813966
Thanks for the suggestions! That Throne of Creation perk is so amazing, and adding together Starro Blueprints, pure synergy between Magic, Technology, and Biology.

>...and just like that, you've lost us.

Your gonna be such a pain in the ass to fight when I make it to the End Game Scenario. Damn Anti-Spirals and their crazy godly power that can throw Galaxies like shurikens and recreate big bangs and mindrape best_girl.Jpeg

Now you went on and practically doubled your power by taking Simon. But I need to be an "nice guy" and fill people with hope, because If I dont, no one else will. Simon's getting that happy ending. Just you wait
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>46813966
Eh, you're close enough that it still counts.

Same depth of personality too.
>>
>>46814050
It means they've taken control of the Sentinels and used them to conquer the world.

Pretty sure I put that in the notes, actually.
>>
>>46814089
...I actually kinda wished I'd taken that now. That's a good end in my book, X-men movie humanity is a steaming pile of dicks anyway.

They never even bothered to punish the evil midget.
>>
>>46814089
Uh. Sorry, must have missed it. I don't actually have it open right now, see. Futures past was on cable and an idle thought appeared.
>>
>>46813966
I'm honestly surprised you don't dig elf skeletons, ASA.
>>
>>46814143
>elf skeletons

wut

why elf skeletons in particular
>>
>>46814111
It also means they view you as their number 1 enemy and will devote all of their resources, including fucktons of those adapting sentinels and pretty much every loyal mutant they have, to fucking you up.

So yeah, those assholes got what was coming to them, but you also have a headache to deal with.

>>46814120
It's fine.

Actually, is it still on?
>>
>>46814184
Still on...but Indian DTH.
>>
>>46814222
Ah. Well.

Thanks anyway.
>>
>>46814182
Because the robots the Throne of Creation makes in the games? The first series looks like robot skeletons with the face/head of cute elves. Usually they wear a cloak to hide their body.
>>
>>46814250
Not that anon, but do you mean they're robots that look like elf skeletons, or robot skeletons that have elf faces? Because the latter is nightmare fuel.
>>
>>46814250
Oh, I was picturing actual skeletons with elf ears

>>46814311
Both side horrifying to me, to be honest il mio famiglio
>>
>>46814250
>>46814311
Oh wait, never mind. I reread your post, ignore me.
>>
>>46814329
Enjoy your nightmare fuel.

The newer models are split into male skullbots and female lolibots though, if that's more your speed. Same abilities.
>>
File: ZXnY0Wv.jpg (73 KB, 720x663) Image search: [Google]
ZXnY0Wv.jpg
73 KB, 720x663
>>46813471
Well, less "release" and more "become" but it's close enough, right?
>>
>>46814350
So this Throne of Creation, how can we acquire it, and how does it work? Because skullbots are awesome, and as disturbing as they are the lolibots could be great infiltrators with the proper modifications.
>>
>>46814420
It works because it works. It's not a series that goes heavy into the tech's mechanics.

Also if you think they're disturbing this setting is gonna be hard on you, anon.
>>
>>46814452
...how bad are we talking about, here? Like, SMT/40K levels of bad?
>>
>>46814523
I mean pretty much every female adventurer is gonna be a loli. So if they disturb you, good luck.

The place totally is a death world, though.
>>
>>46814542
Oh! No, anon, I meant robot skeletons with loli faces was disturbing. Like, imagine seeing a child's face on a terminator. That's what I found disturbing. So why is this place a death world? Armies of monsters, constant war, some kind of plague?
>>
>>46814580
They're not skeletons anymore. 'cept their legs for some reason.
>>
Which is better, Cosmic fire or Sentient Singularity? Or is another option better than those two?
>>
>>46814595
In the Light of Terra, should have mentioned that.
>>
>>46814580
Also now that I have some spare time again, armies of monsters and plague are a go.
>>
What abilities get Chaos Power from Webmage beside perks ? I assume that there are some powers because in description it write:

>Dont get a big head though, you may be a power but you are only a minor one.

So I would like to know if we get anything or its meaning powers from other jumps ?
>>
>>46814595
Consider the Moulder of Worlds. Once you DO become capable of "accounting for every single atom", some interesting possibilites begin creeping up.
>>
>>46813742
They just said they disappeared. What's more likely is they killed one another until only Larfleeze was alive.

The orange battery is basically avarice personified. It erodes any thought of action that doesn't satisfy your greed, which is to say nothing because your greed is insatiable. It makes you a horder to the extreme.
>>
File: prince-symbol.jpg (8 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
prince-symbol.jpg
8 KB, 460x300
So.

Prince is dead, apparently.
>>
whoever's uploaded Tales of Demons and Gods, tyry it again, probably with a different browser. no preview available.
>>
>>46814698
Not the anon
But now that I think about it. While that is a lot of Atoms to account for, this is probably where the Berserker OS from Symbiote, Memory Partition from Tsukihime, and other multi tasking perks are helpful in. Though even at that point, its a bit of a stretch, but its possible. Also compound computation from Worm could be applicable.
>>
File: image.jpg (578 KB, 1330x748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
578 KB, 1330x748
>>46814843
Good night sweet Prince.
>>
>>46814843
Good night, sw...

>>46814890
Dammit.
>>
>>46814875
Ayup! Not going to be easy, but enough processing power, and you might be able to create, say, cells. And I hear a molecule of antimatter has a mighty bang, if you're into that.

>>46814843
...'Tis really not a good year, hm?
>>
>>46814843
The Cadaver Formally Known As Prince.
>>
What places can you go to increase the size of a ship? Kinda like how Experimental ACU + Vehicle import does it in supreme commander.
>>
File: image.png (224 KB, 454x227) Image search: [Google]
image.png
224 KB, 454x227
First Chyna now Prince. What's GOING ON?!?!
>>
>>46815011
Size Modifications in Five Star Stories, and Dreadnaught Class Engineering from FFXIV.
>>
>>46815055
Thanks
>>
>>46815011
Don't mean to redirect your question but I have one of a similar variety.

Mostly for curiosity sake...what methods do we have to shrink a ship?
>>
>>46815066
Please take your time and enjoy the rest of Five Star Stories. There's so much more to comb through that jump apart from the stupid ship dickmeasuring.
>>
Other than a Lantern Ring, how can I get energy construct powers?
>>
how hard would it be to kill Father Time in Narnia?
>>
I might have skimmed over it but how long is a base LoT? I was imagining 2-3 kilometers long and 0.5 wide or something.
>>
>>46815211
16-36km, exact size is up to you.

Welcome to 40k.
>>
>>46815211
It's about the size of Manhattan Island.
>>
>>46815226
>>46815229
Was not expecting it to be close to that, Jesus.
>>
>>46815173
Young Justice and Marvel Jump's combo powers
>>
>>46815208
Why would you want to do that. That's stupid. Also, exactly as hard as surviving being mauled by Aslan.
>>
>>46815274
Yeah, 40k is stupid like that.
>>
>>46814890
>>46814916
>>46815006
Guiz srsly

>>46814948
>>46815037
Things are going sideways this year.
David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Doris Roberts, the list goes on.
At this rate we won't have anyone left by 2020.
>>
>>46815347
Eh, it's whatever. People die, people are born. The world revolves on.
>>
>>46815376
Also, given the fact that today is her 90th birthday, I'm like 85% sure that the Queen of Bongland is stealing souls in order to maintain her immortality.
>>
>>46812166
feels nice that my current jump build is good enough to take on gilg and comic!darkseid. worm was too early of a jump for me to have done anything to scion tho. darkseid isn't a speedster at FTL level w/out temporal/spatial manip right?
>>
>>46815515
How'd you get speedster at FTL levels?
>>
>>46815531
hyperkinesis (no limit to reaction beyond body itself), light light (transformation into light in the speed sense) and some other softcapped shenanigans thrown in
>>
>>46815531
Not them but Softcap maybe, though i'm not exactly sure how softcap actually works.
>>
>>46815531
Im pretty sure the only way to pull of that level of Speedforce fuckery, you need to not only replicate Wally's experiment, you gotta make sure you take some sort of super luck perk and hope you're okay.though I could be wrong about that.Pedsonally, going from 0 to Mach40 is good enough for me.
>>
>>46815592
Personally*, dammit mobilefagging is not fun.
>>
>>46815477
She has the best healthcare on the planet. It's Ozzy Osbourne with the literal devil pact keeping him alive.
>>
>>46815515
Er, comic darkseid is. He is also substantially more powerful than Scion.
>>
>>46815592
oh, I didn't mean speed in the sense of that limited speedforce perk I just meant out of power gestalts. also I'm p sure a full connection wouldn't work outside a DC universe.
>>
I've been meaning to ask, how well would a Sword of the Cross fair against Darkseid?
>>
>>46815693
Quite well. It'd cut through him like he was just a big tough guy rather than a godlike being. Of course, it wouldn't do much to protect you from his Omega beams.
>>
>>46815693
Hmm, It could do quite well against him, but I'm not so well versed in Dresdin lore at all. Though if killing Darkseid is something you wanna attempt. Might I suggest Megalovania to fuck him up with his horrible sins, Noble Eightfold Path to see if you could dodge his Omega Rays with it(best have some speed) because that is an amazing story to tell and would probably make him shit bricks and could allow to kill him, some sort of sealing technique. (maybe fuinjutsu?)

Also, Book Maker. A spiritual attack that lowers the enemy to your level.
Mind Crush from Yu Gi Oh, cause him to lose his ambition, because if I remember correctly, if he loses the ambition or his will, he loses the connection to the Source, thus no omega beams, could be wrong about it though.
>>
>>46815693
I think the problem may be that taking up the Sword for that purpose is selfish in that you needlessly put the entire world at risk because you wanted more CP.
>>
>>46815901
Let's... not get into that. Mostly as the last thing we need is a bunch of faggots trying to justify their means.
>>
>>46815901
Here's the question - why DO some people make CP an actual thing in the story, and fluff the choices as something made by the Jumper?
>>
File: oh hai depressing episode.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
oh hai depressing episode.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>46815964
> the last thing we need is a bunch of faggots trying to justify their means.
>>
>>46815992
Because it (in LoT anyway) represented the time and effort put into things during the jump.
>>
>>46815992
How do you do it?
>>
>>46815992
>CYOA
>Choose Your Own Adventure

Makes sense to me. I mean I could be doing it wrong and being a dumbass, of course. But it being a CYOA means that I make choices - and that choices have consequences.

Consequences seem to be an unpopular thing around here.
>>
File: path of exile jumpchain v1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
path of exile jumpchain v1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Couldn't sleep, so I shat this thing out. It's really fucking late, and I'm really tired, so I'll read comments about it later, but this is probably just a draft, I'll end up fixing my exhausted writing later.

I tried checking around, and I don't *think* anyone's done Path of Exile Jumpchain yet, or staked a claim on it, but whatever, just throwing this out there.
>>
>>46815992
Some people like to imagine JC gives them the CYOA as like a fill-in sheet. I make it a bit more mythical than that, but hey, people go their own way.
>>
>>46815890
The Sword is orders of magnitude better than all those things bar Noble Eightfold Path, which is roughly on the same level in practice when comparing base functions.

Megalovania failed to one hit kill a small child. Book Maker isn't a spiritual technique and it failed against someone roughly around the same level of Comic Darkseid, and he shrugs off attacks
way worse than fuinjutsu and and Mind Crush regularly.
>>
>>46816083
The perks feel a bit weird, and the capstones feel really bland with just going "you're TOTALLY immune to this, honest guys really"
>>
>>46816083
>>46816167
Yeah, I don't have a problem with the effects, I just feel like it needs more fluff. Be a little bombastic, talk it up, bring in some feats, especially canon ones. Make it exciting.
>>
File: 4-_Queen_Jane_La,_possesion_2.png (112 KB, 299x313) Image search: [Google]
4-_Queen_Jane_La,_possesion_2.png
112 KB, 299x313
So are there any perks that specifically boost the potency of psychic abilities, rather than just giving you psionics?

Sometimes you just wanna ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL from across an ocean, you know?
>>
>>46816083
Seconding what both the other guys just said.

You should also clear up whether y usage to be your origin portrait's gender or whether your previous jumps gender carries over. Especially for Scion. Which I doubt anyone will take anyway since nobody wants to be, ahem, deflowered against their will
>>
>>46816282
Best you can probably do is stack it from the StarCrafts and 40K jumps.
>>
>>46816305
*whether you have to be

Is there a keyboard I can buy for iPads to type better on them?
>>
>>46816160
One small child who'd killed maybe a hundred monsters. They'd be billions of times more effective on Darkseid.

But no argument that Sword of the Cross is basically THE answer to "how do I kill X" for a capital G Good Jumper.
>>
>>46816325
Yes.
>>
File: schwimmer fatigue.jpg (83 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
schwimmer fatigue.jpg
83 KB, 620x413
To the guy talking about making a Friends jump a thread or so ago: You might as well.

Sitcoms doesn't hold the monopoly on all sitcoms, it was just made as for the most part sitcom jumps just aren't made so a generic serves in most cases. The existence of a generic jump shouldn't stand in the way of any specific one really. If you think you've got the content you should have a go.

It'll probably be difficult to make it good though.
>>
>>46816337
Do the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception work on someone like Darkseid?
>>
>>46816337
I find it vaguely irritating and intellectually dishonest that people seem to argue one moment that Frisk/Chara are just small, harmless children and Undertale monsters are piss weak, and then imply Chara's track record is supposed to be impressive whenever Megalovania is brought up. Undertale humans seem power wanted whenever it's convenient to do so.

Suffice to say I'm not convinced Megalovania will do more than give Darkseid an STD-like sensation all over his soul; mind you it might even be crippling lay unpleasant but ultimately it's just going to motivate him to break out the Omega Sanction
>>
>>46816440
Nope.
>>
>>46816440
Ha ha ha.

I'll tell you what they don't work against: Being universally reviled if you so much as mention the possibility of using them in jumpchain.

More seriously, Shiki (both of them) had trouble seeing the concept of death of people way weaker than comic Darkseid so I doubt it.
>>
>>46816305
Yeah, let's be frank. People here might tolerate being metaphorically raped (Hey there Changelings!), but not literally. And a good number of people are gonna take "Had sex with some random mug in your backstory." to be just that.
>>
>>46816449
The idea is just that Megalovania is powered up by the target being evil. So anon is saying a Megalovania attack targeted at Darkseid is going to burn orders of magnitude more than a kid with a few thousand under his belt. Darkseid has billions, even trillions.
>>
In Space Pirate Captain Harlock can a ship be imported and upgraded for the ship item or is it just a brand new ship?
>>
>>46816083
There's a few things that need clarification. For example, Skill Gems - can you make them out of any skill? Does it grant the ability to use powers the person could never ordinarily learn, like Harry Potter magic to a muggle? How effective are they before being mastered? How about existing gems - what do they do? Do we start with any? Is there a reason you're not offering them as items?

I also don't like the way you handle origins - getting discounts based on a roll is rough hard anyway, but certain origins are clearly better than others. There's literally no reason not to pay 100 CP to be a scion unless you don't want anything from two trees, and no reason to ever be a drop-in.

Finally, like others have said, it feels really bland. I don't know if these perks are super-generic, or if they're actually things which fit the world, and your descriptions give me little spark for imagination.

It's the beginnings of something good, but it needs a lot more work to make it work.
>>
>>46816160
Book Maker has only not worked on Medaka, thats it, and let it be known she was a god tier Purity Sue level character. It successfully worked on Aijimu Naijimi, who's holy shit strong, though probably not Darkseid strong. Megalovania attacks the sins, Darkseid is full of them.
Mind Break fucks up the persons ambition, and I'm pretty damn sure removing a persons ambition, especially if said ambition is what allows them to use those attacks that one hit kill everything, is gonna fuck him up a bit. Mind Crush WILL work on Darkseid, though what would come of it other then the loss of the Source? I dont know.
>>
>>46816566
>There's literally no reason not to pay 100 CP to be a scion unless you don't want anything from two trees
Or if you don't want to get banged by some random dude you don't know.
>>
>>46816282
FEAR and Psychonauts have perks for that.
>>
>>46816602
I'm pretty sure that between all the different backgrounds I've taken I've been fucked seven thousand ways from Sunday anyway.
>>
Oh boy, here we go.

I see this going just like how Changeling's 'Fetch' mechanic went.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.