[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To the people saying power creep in Yugioh has been getting out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: yu-gi-oh-poster.jpg (693 KB, 3000x3600) Image search: [Google]
yu-gi-oh-poster.jpg
693 KB, 3000x3600
To the people saying power creep in Yugioh has been getting out of hand, and Magic is just soooo much better: remember that insane period power creep that lasted all the way from Lorwyn to New Phyrexia? Remember how people complained constantly about how broken Planeswalkers were in MtG, just like how people are now complaining about how busted pendulums are in YGO? Yeah, power creep happens. It's how ALL of these companies reboot their card games. Pokemon did the same thing during the Black and White era. People bitched about the EXs constantly too.
>>
>>46808806
>asking us to remember things
>not having selective memory down to a science
Why even live?
>>
>>46808806
Power creep in YGO is completely different than in magic. A few rogue cards aside, MTG has had a fairly underpowered standard the past few rotations. YGO is at a whole other level of bullshit where literally everything has to have a million ways to survive boardwipes/earn value when it dies. It's gotten to the point where they could safely unban Raigeki, a costless one-sided boardwipe. And I say this as someone who deeply loves YGO.
>>
>>46808806
k
>>
Overlay is a thousand times worse than pendulum could ever be.
>>
File: SkullServant-TF04-JP-VG turned.jpg (77 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
SkullServant-TF04-JP-VG turned.jpg
77 KB, 544x544
>>46810931
They may seem intimidating but neither are really that bad. They both have to be played around to be effective.

For overlay, you need to create situations and have mons on the field with the appropriate level, and then you're clearly summoning a important mon. These things can be countered and played against.

And sure, Pendulum allows for players to summon a bunch of monsters in one turn, but this also means they deplete thier resources quickly. If someone throws thier entire hand on the field but they then get hit by one of the MANY boardwiping cards in the game, they'll now have very little options.
>>
File: Pirde of the Weak.png (332 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Pirde of the Weak.png
332 KB, 500x500
>>46808806
In your own post though, you state how MtG has taken steps to fix the power creep.

Are you trying to say that powercreeping harder by introducing Pendulum is Konami's way to thier and fix thiers? Because I dont really see how that makes sense.

Though I do think they should powercreep harder and try to make all archetypes equally fast and broken. Especially Skull Servant.
>>
>>46808806
Konami should revisit older archetypes and make them broken enough to compete.
Melodious for example needs just a little boost to be really competitive
>>
File: 3095.jpg (53 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
3095.jpg
53 KB, 416x416
>>46813720
My nigga.
>>
I've payed both since I was little. But the way it works in you go oh is bull shit, for example, back with nekroz qlis and burning abyss, nekroz was broken as shit and didn't have much room for originality, power creep is fun when everything gets better due to new cards, but when you release a group of cards that can't be played anyway except for with each other, the game is shit, mtg avoids this because you choose what cards to play based on color, not based on what evil konami wants.

Igknights are an example of good "power creep"
burning abyss were not horrible, because so much variance is possible.
>>
>>46814321
Things like pendulum are great for yugioh. but how konami releases better decks, instead of new mechanics most of the time is really bad and fucks the game up
>>
>>46814321
And Kozmo just needs to die in a fire
>>
>>46814321
MtG has tier 1 archetype decks, too. Humans are currently the second best deck in Standard, behind only Bant Company. Modern was completely dominated by Eldrazu before the banlist killed the deck. And Legacy has had Elves and Merfolks for years.
>>
>>46814803

Yet those are what's considered broken for those formats and MtG continues to give support to shit that isn't the current meta. Hell, if you know how to build a decent deck and have encyclopedic knowledge on how the game plays, you can roll in with a deck of commons and still win a few matches (especially if it's a deck that not many people are used to fighting).

YGO has become a game where you'll have to pay them money to effectively build another deck to compete and that deck is the only thing you can use because that's all they bothered to support for the last few releases.

Then they ban the broken shit and cripple your deck (which likely cost anywhere between $50-$200 keep in mind) while telling "don't fret, you can buy our latest OP archtype that allows you to deck someone out by turn 0 before they can even bother drawing their hand, it's much better."

And then you're either forced into spending more money or just saying "fuck it" and dropping out of the game.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.