[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some systems that let me play as ghost with proper ghostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
What are some systems that let me play as ghost with proper ghostly mechanics?
>>
>>46808798
it looks like he's being groped by condoms
>>
GURPS
D&D4e
>>
>>46808798
World of Darkness has Wraith and its sister series has Geist.

Both have different themes but similar concepts. Both involve a greater spirit bonding with you as you die, but one is focused on finality and the other is focused on second chances.
>>
>>46808798
the ghostwalk setting for 3e
>>
>>46809101
Geist doesn't have ghost PCs, just every PC is a human with a pet spooky.
Wraith is fucking awesome, but also the mechanics for shadows, harrowings and catharsis can get fucking dark. So that's an option, but not my go-to.

No, my friend, you want Orpheus!
Player characters are mediums, astral projectors and ghosts hired by a mysterious company to investigate the supernatural! There are noiry intrigues and spooky secrets! The setting is fucking awesome and creepy as hell!
Go play Orpheus.
>>
Monsterhearts.
>>
Acursed for savage worlds has ghost pcs

Also I second Orpheus
>>
>>46808900
They're the ghosts of all the jizz spanked into condoms!
>>
>>46808798
Those music videos are pretty fucking awesome.
https://youtu.be/YlEb3L1PIco>>46808798

Also I don't know of anything exact, so I'd say GURPS or FATE. Might be able to fudge the rules a little to allow you to play as a ghost in the Dresden Files RPG.
>>
What system other than GURPS would a ghost character fit best into?

How hard would it be to homebrew ghost characters out of existing mechanics? Like a lot of systems have ghosts or paranormal happenings but not for PCs. But in D&D almost any template can be modified for use as a PC race.

What would a ghost character be able to do?
>>
>>46814428
Probably lots of minor spells to make up for little physical ability.

Higher level ghosts could get like possession and spells to cause fear and panic
>>
>>46808798
maybe you can move things telekinetically, but only telekinetically(you can't punch or kick for example)
>>
>>46817491
In some interpretations, poltergeists are able to conjure fire or lightning.

Probably be able to use different psionic powers as ghostly magic. If your system has a psion in it I'd give a ghost the psion's spellbook with probably a bit of extra stuff to make up for having no physical presence.
>>
>>46809325
Good setting from a good author.
>>
>>46812004
I too enjoyed that episode of P&SwG
>>
>>46808798

4e Dungeon magazine had rules for ghost pcs, including abilities like possession, and you were insubstantial and phasing.
>>
>>46821298
Played a character like that recently, it worked pretty well. All I wish is that there was a passive mode or something where you were not manifest at all.
>>
>>46808798
obviously some people are unaware of where this ghost is from, so im just gonna link these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco&ab_channel=MysteryBen27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYM5WNdNGc&ab_channel=MysteryBen27
>>
>>46808798
I know exactly the game you want but I can't remember its name or the publisher. It's available for free.

It was released in the 90s and the company had a really edgy alien/mutant RPG a few years before it.
>>
>>46821346
Think we'll get a third one next year?
>>
>>46821298
Would it be hard to adapt it to other D&D versions?
>>
>>46822079
They have plans for 5-7 of them total.
Who knows if it will happen but it seems likely at this point.

And they are getting faster at it which is great, with this last one they got professional doll rigs made up for the important characters.

as for OP's question DND 4e and maybe 5e had rules for playing as a revenant.

And 3.5 had a whole expansion about PC's being ghosts.
>>
>>46825556
3.0 has Ghostwalk, had a very novel take on ghost PCs. Pretty cool setting. Very WoD-ish in some ways.
2e had Requiem, which... well... you may like it, not sure.
>>
>>46821346
The only good design is the skellyman. The rest seem like they were done by a furry
>>
File: Fist of the Dragon.png (322 KB, 841x640) Image search: [Google]
Fist of the Dragon.png
322 KB, 841x640
>>46808798
Dungeons the Dragoning 40,000 7th Edition

The Player's Handbook has a Wraith Exaltation that incorperates the Ghost Die mechanics from the Ghost Busters RPG.

I once played the ghost of a Dragonborn Monk eternally teaching cultists of Tiamat the evil secrets of kung fu. Great times.
>>
>>46826370
The were

I like the tree girl though.
>>
>>46826486
She's qt, but seems like a knock-off wakfu
>>
>>46808798
>with proper ghostly mechanics?
Which ones...?
>>
>>46827208
>knock-off wakfu
What?
>>
>>46812071
Holy neat!
>>
>>46827244
You know, stalking the earth for you were never put to rest, completing unfinished business, righting the wrongs of your past life, disturbing the living, seeking vengeance, being spooky and/or scary that kind of stuff.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.