[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdom Death General -- /kdg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 20
I don't have the sticky edition

I shoulda got more expansions edition

What are you painting edition

What's your favorite expansion so far edition
>>
So, problem:

I got my order canceled because I somehow chose two warehouses by accident and never got the warning that doing so would cancel your order. The mediator was very helpful and reinstated my order, which is now shipped. But I just noticed they gave me lion god when I had ordered lion knight.

I'm not as pumped about the lion god and don't really even know what's in there. First off, does anybody have the card collection image? Second off, how is the fight? I know it's one of the hardest, but is it at least interesting?
>>
Anybody have painted Gorm pics? No idea what to do this scary fucker
>>
So if I was to buy in, how do I go about getting expansions? Are they pretty much kickstarter exclusive for the time being if they're not on the website shop?
>>
>Nightmare Accounting
>bought the mage because reasons
>already have buyer remorse
What did you buy this time around /kdg/?
>>
>>46793381
They allowed to get expansions in March, but since you apparently missed that... Ebay or wait for general release.
>>
>>46792710
>what's your favorite expansion edition
The People of the Stars could use a bit more flavor text but is still a really cool alternate campaign, so DK
>>
Only when there are things for sale I want do I not have the money.
>>
>>46793704
Any idea when general release is supposed to be? It seems like a lot of the expansions have been delivered with one major one outstanding for KS backers.
>>
So how often do they restock their products and the boxed game?
>>
Is the [Ground Pound] S AI Card from the Dung Beetle supposed to be named [Prepared Tunnels]?
Because that is the only way it makes sense, since there is no Tunnel Card and the Pound Trait Card itself is never mentioned anywhere else.
Why did Poots fuck up this "hard" on his favorite expansion?
>>
Did I really miss a secret upload of the Forsaker? Him and the White Knight is all i want
>>
File: V14-location-lantern-hoard.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
V14-location-lantern-hoard.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Will they release a physical "Version 1.14" pack?
I donĀ“t have a printer, and it would not be the same quality as the core game stuff anyway.
>>
>>46793190
Gorm always turns out somewhat elephantine. Grey body with solid white eyes.
>>
I've been thinking of doing my Gorm like Stimpy from Ren and Stimpy, what with the vomit attacks.

Not sure how to make it look good though. Red, or ruddy body with pale hands and face and a blue lure?
>>
>>46792752
Bump, anybody got lion god cards pic? Thanks
>>
File: Lion God.jpg (3 MB, 2048x8064) Image search: [Google]
Lion God.jpg
3 MB, 2048x8064
>>46792752
>>46796003
I can also upload the book, if you want a look at that.

As for how he plays out, I heard that you get to sneak around a maze of terrain pieces, and try to get in some pot shots at him, and hope he doesn't catch you. If he does, some cards have the "relentless" tag on them, which as I understand it, means that he can draw additional attack cards and begin chaining disgusting combos until you either find a way to stop his chain, or he breaks it somehow. Again, working on limited info with that, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm fairly certain that's how it might work.

He is really fucking tough, but he is a guaranteed source of iron, and at bare minimum, his level 1 encounter gets you the necromancer eye and the necromancer worm, both of which are pretty slick.
>>
>>46796132
Awesome, thank you. He at least sounds like a good fight, thank god. Simultaneously annoyed with the KD people's system and happy with their personal themselves.
>>
File: Lion God Book.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Lion God Book.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46794534
Well, the email announcing the spearhead sale on expansions mentioned that after the spearhead sale ended, they planned on putting up one expansion per month, along with a few new models. So they should start going up soon-ish, though in what order is up in the air at this point.

>>46796191
Book, if you want to get a sneak peak at some more details.
>>
>>46795273

What is this?
>>
>>46796267
Updated version of the Lantern Horde settlement event. Poots added a new endeavor option to it, so that you have another way to get new or low-XP characters up to speed more easily.
>>
File: V14-Butcher-HL-Furious-Scrag.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
V14-Butcher-HL-Furious-Scrag.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46796267
Updated Lantern Hoard.
Was in the latest News Letter, along with this updated Butcher HL Card.
They are sort of sneak peeks at the updated version, KD:M 1.4

A question: If someone gets a Weapon Specalisation, it does not mean he actually gets the amount of Weapon Prof for this weapon, right?
So that he has to start from the beginning if he wanted to be a Master?
They stated that in the Master Innovation rule, but what if someone gets a Specalisation from a Event, like the Statue Random Hunt Event?
>>
>>46796438
Correct. They get the specialization, but not the weapon XP needed to reach it. If they want to get the weapon's mastery, they need to work up to it as normal.
>>
You guys use any third party stuff for your games?

Sid's Sheets from BGG are great, love the survivor sheets and especially the settlement sheet with organized storage. Also think his Hunt Board and Showdown board are p good
>>
>>46796696

link?
>>
>>46796785
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/122697/kingdom-death-sids-record-sheets

Go through his profile to find the hunt/showdown boards. He did a great job and if you open the pdfs with Adobe reader or similar you can fiddle with layers to add o subtract different expansions. Top stuff
>>
>>46796417
I kind of don't think giving random schmuck 1xp is worth spending an Endeavor, but I love the flavor for it.

>And that was the horror beyond imagination we fought.
>Wow!
>Let me tell you one more thing. Ehen my time comes, you know how I wanna go?
>Yeah?
>Balls deep in that thing!
>>
>>46797136
>So I had the phoenix tug me off with its tiny asshands while I fucked it up the tailpipe, it's shit providing lub-
>>Please stop.
> -nd as I was busting the greatest nut of my life, I was pulled inside
>>Oh god no
>where I was covered in its glittering feces, and had my past self made manifest, and thrown back in time
>>I beg you, please no mo-
>Silence, young me! This is your destiny! It will all come to pass!
>>
Does anyone have anything confirming if the flower knight is one entity that you can "hunt" over and over, or is it a type of monster that takes the form of a knight, like the dung beetle knight?
>>
>>46797965
Are you asking if the Flower Knight is a Huntable monster or a Nemesis encounter?
>>
So in practice how does this game actually play? all I've seen are the bodacious miniatures. The site doesn't have much to say on the topic of actual mechanics.
>>
>>46798402
I know it is a monster hunt, but I'm asking more from a lore standpoint if the flower knight:

>is a unique entity, like soke forest guardian that you hunt down, beat up, and steal from

Or

>it is just a species of monster, where they all look like flower knights, and you pick apart the corpse when you defeat one, and fight another the next time you hunt one

I'm debating how I want to handle painting the armor, and my autism is going full throttle debating if it is in actual armor, or if it is some sort of plant monster that grew into the shape of an armored knight.
>>
Did card scans ever get posted or do we still only have the rulebooks?
>>
>>46798768
>Trying to poorfag your way into playing the game.
lel
>>
>>46798844
You're goddamn right, why would I pay hundreds for a game when I have two friends who already have it with all expansions? I just want to be able to see the new gear and shit without bugging them.
>>
>>46798470
It has three stages: hunt, showdown, and settlement.

Hunt phase, you set up a small board where you have hunt spaces. The monster you choose is set on one of them according to its level, and you work your way towards it, either playing monster-specific hunt events as you go (i.e. white lion may give you the chance to kill a cub for more resources, but risk attack from an enraged parent lion; antelope may stampede over your crew, or move further away), or you roll for random hunt events that can either range from good to downright terrible.

Once you find the monster, you set up the main board. Place terrain, situate your survivors, and fight. The monster is controled via an AI Deck, which dictates how it moves, attacks, and how it targets the players. This doubles as its HP. Hitting the monster, you draw from a hit location deck, and see if you wound. If you do, AI cards are moved to a wound pile. Hit locations can have various effects, based on if you critically wound, or wound/fail to wound/or if the monster has a reflex. There is also a TRAP card in each hit location deck, which can cancel all your attacks, and tends to fuck up your day. When you kill a monster, you get resources to take back to your settlement.

The settlement phase is where you get to build your small civilization. You have story events that take place, special settlement events that can alter how each year plays out (someone is murdered, you try to tell a story based on a dream you had, it's raining fucking acid, etc.), and can build gear from your spoils of battle. You can also create new innovations in technology or society to help you advance and survive, screw like mad to increase your population, or commit ritual sacrifice to try and stave off terrible horrors that grow ever closer.

Rinse, repeat. It's pretty compelling, even with stacked odds, but you will need a lot of time to play. It took my group ~2 months, meeting once a week, to get to the end.
>>
>>46798926
Sounds entierly reasonable.
>>
>>46799750
Yup, which is why I asked if expansion card scans had shown up yet. I'm sure they will eventually (I mean, they had to be scanned at one point for the TTS mod right?), so I'm just being a bit impatient about it.
>>
Holy god Children of the Sun playthrough is so much more miserable than Children of the Stars.

>Mandatory survival of the fittest
>No encourage
>No surge
>No heavy gear
>MANDATORY SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

Yeah ok being able to bow some fucker in the face with devastating is pretty dank but jeeze it's a grind.

>Also try to make it a Green Armor run with all the monsters needed to make it
>Can't use half the gear in the game so what else are you gonna farm for?
>Fuck the Lion Knight's claw requires Katar Mastery
>Give some asshole Katar mastery, gets 2 levels in it
>Gets gibbed by a high speed gun action from Manhunter lvl 2.

There's just such little drive to continue.
>>
>>46796132
Relentless is easy to deal with smart uses of Surge action, Rawhide Helm and a founding stone or 2. The thing is also that by the time you fight it you should have a pretty decent setup already and so it's equivalent to like a lvl 2 Butcher with frenzied berserker.

The whole throwing stuff around is pretty cool though. One of the reasons why this and DBK are some of my more memorable encounters.
>>
>>46801124
>Poots says he worked SO HARD on the Sunstalker and that it's super awesome you guise.
>It's not only one of the worst modes it's also one of the most expensive.
BRAVO POOTS
>>
>>46801124
>>Mandatory survival of the fittest
>>MANDATORY SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

Gotta purify them parents, brah.
>>
>>46800538
Wish I had an enthused friend like you. I always offer my resources to my buds, but they want to play risk, catan , or (Gd forbid) zombiiiess!!! the vast majority of the time.
>>
>>46802520
>implying any of that is true and he's not just fishing for scans.
Top lel.
>>
File: Buster.jpg (8 KB, 172x193) Image search: [Google]
Buster.jpg
8 KB, 172x193
>>46802637
Well, maybe. I just like to assume people are telling me the truth when it comes to hobbies.
>>
File: 1183402755408.jpg (9 KB, 376x199) Image search: [Google]
1183402755408.jpg
9 KB, 376x199
Is the parasitic worm in the Fighter model the same as the knowledge worm from the Lion God expansion?
>>
>>46793580
>nightmare accounting
kek, that's a great name for KD
>>
>>46803327
Unsure but unlikely.

The fighter is infested with regenerating Larvae and can't really be hurt.
The Lion God worm also stops you from getting nooched but makes you bleed savagely and vomit iron.

Also we get fluff on two new locations in the KDM world.

There's a Hollow Tree with massive bats. Which is home to the Gryphon.

And now we know there's a Storm City where the Storm Knight acts a a god.

It seems to be a common theme where true knights have servants, BK, Lion, Flower cultivates the dead so kinda, Storm all have humans. (Remember DBK isn't an actual knight).
>>
>>46801124
Isn't the Zanbato heavy? Why would you, ZANBATO, ever go for a run where you couldn't use it?
>>
>>46802637
Believe whatever you want anon, but remember where we are. No one is above asking for scans here.
>>
I've never played this game, but have heard positive things about AI. Is there anywhere to just look at how it functions?
>>
>>46805300
I think there's a demo youtube video.
>>
Sun campaign only precludes heavy armour, says nothing about using heavy weapons from how I read it.
>>
>>46801790
Maybe Poots has started doing drugs?
>>
Noob question here, when dealing out the loot from killing a monster do you include the special parts too like the shimmering mane or testes, or is the only way to get them through crits?
>>
>>46809513
Aren't they just part of the resource deck?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 467x158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 467x158
>tfw the Kingdom Death Monster boxed game is sold out
>tfw you have no idea if they will print more of it
>tfw you missed the kickstarter
>tfw you could have made all kickstarter mone back with ebay by just selling some extra minis you wouldn't need
>tfw your friends probably wouldn't even be into it but you would get it anyway
>>
>>46809513
No, they remain in the deck if they are not forced out through events.

The idea is that you gain extra resources. You get the testies before the end of the battle, meaning it is no longer in the pool of WL resources available in the ending harvest.

This does mean that you can draw multiple Shimmering Manes from the box, by converting them to generic Hide mid-battle after obtaining it from the hit location.

If you don't need the Shimmering Mane, a great strategy is to turn one into hides mid battle not for the chance to get another one, but to thin out the common resources deck for more end-battle rewards. Two hides and 4 additional semirandom resource is almost always more valuable than keeping a mane to the end. By recycling the mane you get a higher chance of ???s and the other exotic common resources.
>>
>>46795178
Yes
>>
>>46809513
There are three kinds of resources, differentiated by the card back. Each card-back-set forms a deck that is limited, and only resets in the settlement phase's "record and archive" step:
1. Basic Resources
2. Monster resources (different deck / back for each monster)
3. Strange Resources

Strange resources can only be gained by events or special rules.
The other two types can be gained by events / rules and are also awarded at the end of combat. Note that IT'S THE SAME DECK so if you got a monster resource during battle, you have to keep it out of the deck until the end of the next Settlement phase.

>>46810010
>If you don't need the Shimmering Mane, a great strategy is to turn one into hides mid battle not for the chance to get another one, but to thin out the common resources deck for more end-battle rewards. Two hides and 4 additional semirandom resource is almost always more valuable than keeping a mane to the end. By recycling the mane you get a higher chance of ???s and the other exotic common resources.

This is just wrong wrong WRONG and illegal and I have no idea how you got the idea that it's allowed.
There are two different, completely separate things:
1. "hide" a resource keyword. Shimmering Mane has this keyword.
2. "Monster Hide" a Basic Resource. This resource also has the "hide" keyword.

A shimmering mane can't be "traded" or "turned" into another resource, even if it's a Basic resource with the same keyword. Just like if, theoretically, a gear recipe name-checked "Monster Hide" instead of "hide" you could not use the Shimmering Mane to make it.
>>
>>46810689
Also, as I mentioned when answering the first anon, you cannot archive resources or move them to storage during the showdown (storage is the ONLY way you're allowed to have more of a certain resource than the number of copies of that card exist).

Theoretically, the only way what you're suggesting would be possible was if there were some way to "field craft" and you would have a way to create gear during the showdown, allowing you to use the Shimmering Mane as a hide (again, never as a Monster Hide) to craft something, also freeing up the card to be obtained again.

And either way it wouldn't pick up choices from the Basic Resource deck. You Cheater McCheatyface.
>>
I just found out about this game and now it's sold out. The blog is kinda cryptic about the future of the game. Should I be worried?
>>
File: michaelboltonforrestgump2.jpg (35 KB, 426x425) Image search: [Google]
michaelboltonforrestgump2.jpg
35 KB, 426x425
>>46810992
Wow I thought you were joking but your're not.

>tfw have a box and all the good xpacs.
>>
>>46810689
You might want to take a look at the Shimmering Mane card again, you can archive it for 2 basic hide resources.
>>
>>46811539
I think what Anon was getting at was from p.57 of the rulebook.

>Resources with Special Rules
>"Some resources have special rules. They can be performed at any time and during any phase by the survivor holding the resource. Some resources have rules that are triggered when they are gained and should be performed then."

"A resource must be removed from settlement storage to use its special rules. A survivor may only do this during the Develop step of the settlement phase."

The first part makes it seem like you are correct, and that you can trigger the rule whenever, but the second part seems to conflict with that, and suggest it can only be during Develop step of settlement phase.

I'm guessing that the second part only applies to using things during settlement phase, and otherwise you can use it when you like.
>>
Wait so can I literally not even buy this game or any expansions without raiding the aftermarket and paying 5 grand?

Also I have some newbie questions if anyone wants to answer:

Are there any talks of reprinting?
I mean if they do another KS for another KD game I'll back it, but I prefer to get KD:M.

Is this the first thing that's been made for Kingdom Death? I want to say this is a sequel or something because it's called Kingdom Death: Monster.

Where can I find lore about this game?

What about updates about future projects from the company?
>>
>>46811971
If you go to GENCON you can buy a copy from their booth.

I think it's reasonable to expect a reprint, the game is pretty popular.
>>
>>46811971
>Wait so can I literally not even buy this game or any expansions without raiding the aftermarket and paying 5 grand?
At the moment, that sadly seems to be the case.

>Also I have some newbie questions if anyone wants to answer:
>Are there any talks of reprinting?
Poots seems to be mulling it over. I don't think he expected his $400 artsy game to explode in popularity like it did, so he might just have been caught a bit off guard.

>I mean if they do another KS for another KD game I'll back it, but I prefer to get KD:M.
There is talk of a far-off possible second game, Kingdom Death: Heroes, which seems to be more of a class-based game set in the world, which would be more player-character focused than KD:M.

>Is this the first thing that's been made for Kingdom Death? I want to say this is a sequel or something because it's called Kingdom Death: Monster.
There were various figures made based on the game world before this, but this is the first game to come out.

>Where can I find lore about this game?
Board Game Geeks seem to have a thread up in the forums with some lore samplings. You can also find snippits of lore on the pages of each model in the shop. The site is a bit hard to navigate, but it should be getting a redesign soon, so hopefully that will make finding lore easier. You sort of piece it together like you would with Souls series games.

>What about updates about future projects from the company?
You can join their facebook group, although at the moment, your best bet is signing up for their email group. It might not get you notice soon enough to nab limited quantity models when they go on sale, but you can catch reprints, and stay up to date on the newest happenings. The guys that work there seem really nice, but are kind of terrible at keeping in contact with people about stuff.
>>
>>46811539 and >>46811570 :
I know about that - there is no such thing as a "basic hide resource" card. And it's definitely not the "Monster Hide" card, so anon's trick trying to get more ???-s won't work. The way I've read it and played it is that the Shimmering Mane can be used as 2xhide, not that you take any card or write "hide" in your settlement storage.

The only other way I'd read the card would be:
Take the current Basic Resource deck (remaining as it may), and pull out all the cards in it that have the "hide" keyword. Shuffle them all, gain 2 of them at random, then shuffle the rest back into the main pile.
If this is how this card is used, then (a) WTF, and (b) the original anon's logic makes sense, but it's weird.

>>46811570
The second part only talks about using resources that are already in storage.
>>
File: Shimmering_Mane.jpg (297 KB, 1252x1887) Image search: [Google]
Shimmering_Mane.jpg
297 KB, 1252x1887
>>46812086
>there is no such thing as a "basic hide resource" card

The monster hide is the only "hide" available in the "Basic Resource" deck or the only one with hide in the card name, ignoring the ??? multi keyword card, making it a "Basic 'hide' Resource." You archive Shimmering Mane, and "gain 2 basic hide resources." The wording is the same as how you gain resources off of some critical hit locations on monster hit locations, so I assume that you get two physical resource cards for archiving it.

So archive the shimmering mane (don't return it to the monster resource deck until after you draw victory rewards), and draw 2 basic hide resources from the Basic Resource deck. Then shuffle the basic resource deck.

You now have better odds for other basic resources, because the resource decks refresh only after the phase ends. You cannot gain more of a resource in one phase than there are copies of it in the deck. So the more basic resource hides you get during the match, the better your odds are now to get other resources in the reward draw.

>Take the current Basic Resource deck (remaining as it may),
Yes.

>and pull out all the cards in it that have the "hide" keyword. Shuffle them all, gain 2 of them at random, then shuffle the rest back into the main pile.
Unnecessary. Just pull out two monster hides, and reshuffle the whole deck. Also, it just says gain 2 basic hide resources, so no need to randomly see which hides you get. The game specifies if it is a random draw or not.
>>
>>46811971
The 1St run is sold out, it's likely that they'll do another. But the minimum run size is probably 5k boxes or so. It'll be a while before it comes back.
>>
>>46812040
>really terrible about keeping contact
It's all good. I'm part of the Serpent's Tongue community so they can't possibly be worse than the ST faggots.

Still, with a game that commands such a price, one would think they would spend a little time at the computer each day providing answers.
>>
>>46812315
The fact that "basic resource" isn't capitalized on the rule text makes me think this interpretation is bullshit altogether, but even if it's legal to do in the showdown, it should not just pick out Monster Hide since you feel like it should.

>The monster hide is the only "hide" available in the "Basic Resource" deck or the only one with hide in the card name,
I must have misread the Shimmering Mane rule. Does it say "Basic Resource card with 'hide' in its name"?

>ignoring the ??? multi keyword card
Why?
It's as much of a hide card as the Monster Hide.
Also this is why I say shuffle - it's (only) necessary to shuffle if there is more than one card type you can get.

The only oversight I had (and you corrected it) is that archiving the mane means it doesn't return to the current White Lion Resource deck (which is set up at the start of the hunt or showdown phase, IIRC).
>>
>>46812504
>The fact that "basic resource" isn't capitalized on the rule text
Oh, and also that it's "basic hide resource" and not "hide Basic Resource"
>>
File: Fleshy_Gut.jpg (264 KB, 1252x1841) Image search: [Google]
Fleshy_Gut.jpg
264 KB, 1252x1841
>>46812504
>The fact that "basic resource" isn't capitalized on the rule text makes me think this interpretation is bullshit altogether
I'm pretty sure it usually isn't.
>>
File: g8r.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
g8r.gif
1 MB, 500x500
Think we'll ever get a KD vidya? Or is it too xtreme?
>>
Should you only play with the added cards (Disorders, Fighting Arts, Innovations etc.) of expansion if you also add the monster to your campaign?
Are there any conflicts that could result through that?

Also how the hell are you supposed to fit all those expansions into the box?
I only got the Dragon King and the three knights and I am already running out of place for all these cards.
>>
>>46813224

Its unlikely. Poots is a miniature maker. The rest of the game is just to fund his addiction to making new minis.

So unless we get Kingdom Death: Skylanders edition, don't count on him throwing his hat into the vidya ring.
>>
God, I hope we get storm knight expansion soon. Probably won't be for a year though.
>>
>>46812504
>The fact that "basic resource" isn't capitalized on the rule text makes me think this interpretation is bullshit altogether, but even if it's legal to do in the showdown, it should not just pick out Monster Hide since you feel like it should.

Some cards say to gain a random [X type] resource and others say to gain [X type] resource. Shimmering Mane does not say "random" resource, so I would assume it is legal to pick hides of your choosing.
>>
>>46813224
>Think we'll ever get a KD vidya? Or is it too xtreme?

vidya has been cucked by liberals and normies, of course it would trigger too many people to be allowed to exist
>>
>>46813224
I think it's something that should at least be expanded into a proper line of comics with those amazing visual. Make them European style with one album a year, so that the art gets the proper time and attention it needs instead of just rushing them out with a harsh deadline. It also prevents plotholes from building up.
>>
Does anyone have a mega link for all the rules and misc. texts?
>>
File: composure lost.png (354 KB, 725x684) Image search: [Google]
composure lost.png
354 KB, 725x684
>>46813361

I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from using the internet until you can make a coherent post that isn't just angrily flailing in memespeak against an off topic bogeyman you feel is oppressing you.

Thanks.
>>
File: Psy-Ops.jpg (132 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
Psy-Ops.jpg
132 KB, 1200x798
>>46813367
I'd be OK with that.
>>
>>46792710
why is everything in their shop no longer for sale : <

is it to expensive to start now that the kickstarter is over?
>>
>>46813427

Don't fret. They print things in runs, so you just have to wait for the right time.

The core game only JUST ran out earlier this week, and not too long ago you could purchase expansions in the shop.

The pinups and single minis you see in the shop are basically just for fundraising purposes. Buy whatever looks cool, and you will be supporting the game.
>>
>>46813361
I think a KD vidya could sell decent numbers in theory. Just look at the Souls games that just popped out of nowhere because the timing was perfect. I just don't see western publishers thinking it would have enough mass appeal to make quick money. They would also probably market it like retards as well, in addition to just deciding to pander to gameplay demographics that doesn't have an interest in the setting.

>"This year, Poots is about to make you his bitch!"
>"The long awaited fusion of the classic arena shooter genre and the fresh moba genre is finally here!"
>"Bandidos Numbco proudly present: Death Souls: Monster Kill!"
>>
>>46792710
>that pic

I swear to god that he's going to break out in a fabulous pose like something from JJBA.
>>
>>46813367
Comic is already in the works.

>The KD Comic is slowly coming along! Once we have enough pages I will begin posting pages online! The comic is based on our in studio campaign and we pull no punches! It's amazing how a unique narrative forms every single time you sit down and play. Although at this point I am wondering if anyone in the story will survive...

>>46813427
> : <
Please avoid using emoticons here. Thanks.

>why is everything in their shop no longer for sale
>is it to expensive to start now that the kickstarter is over?
No, more likely that it is a cautious business decision. Make just enough of a model at a time to sell, so that if demand dries up or a model doesn't sell, you aren't stuck sitting on unmovable product and never see a return on investment.

They do tend to rotate selection, and get reprints up on the store throughout the year, though. just keep an eye on it, have your wallet ready, and be prepared to buy as fast as you can. Some items sell out in minutes (especially collector items, and new models).
>>
File: 2353565.png (33 KB, 206x170) Image search: [Google]
2353565.png
33 KB, 206x170
>KS Black Friday- $85
>KS Standard- $100
>Retail now- $400

I mean I understand things being cheaper on KS but to increase the price by three HUNDRED percent? Holy shit.

I'm not saying it isn't worth $400 and will admit that with no other alternatives I'll pull the trigger one day, but still...god damn
>>
>>46813549
They probably didn't expect it to be that expensive.
>>
>>46813357
Original poster of deck-thinning mane technique here.

Unfortunately, RAW doesn't properly function. I can't be assed to dig through kickstarter and facebook to find the word of god on it, but I'm sure this is one of the many things to be addressed in the 1.4 errata.

I'm fairly certain that RAI is that you exchange the shimmering mane for two Monster Hides, since this isn't like MtG where resources produce currency upon use like Lands do.

I will retract my previous statement about reusing the shimmering mane multiple times in a fight; you do indeed Set Up the two resource decks at the start of the encounter. (a step often overlooked due to how unnecessary it can be to keep another deck sitting out)

However, RAI it is still a good strategy to turn it into two hide during the fight, to better thin out the common resources deck to find more useful things. (assuming you don't need the mane, anyway)

>>46811570
The second part referring to settlement storage refers to the text-written record on your settlement sheet, where you no longer have a physical copy of that card since it was archived in a previous settlement phase ending.
>>
>>46813549
He had much less grand plans when the KS launched. But he kept adding to it, and it turned from a small-ish box to a giant, black 17lb monolith.

That ballooning in cost and content was partly why they made and sold so many new minis over the years since the KS. To try and help use sales to fund the thing without having to jack backer costs through the roof.
>>
>>46813549
It's the non-plastic components of the game that shot the practical price up, believe it or not.

Ink, cardboard, and paper cost more than plastic and their molds in the long run.
>>
>>46813549
this is the reason i will never start it. i wish i had seen it when it kickstarted but alas, il have to do with the dark souls kickstarter for now.
>>
>>46813549
Revenge of the feature creep.

Still, if he could toss those out for 85-100 apiece without loosing his house in the process, then he's probably enjoying a healthy profit margin on the 400.
>>
>>46813501
He actually does a Sentai (?) pose on one of his Hit Locations.
>>
File: Einar_Jonsson_sculpture_garden.jpg (296 KB, 1066x800) Image search: [Google]
Einar_Jonsson_sculpture_garden.jpg
296 KB, 1066x800
Art style reminds me of Einar JĆ³nsson's bronzes
>>
Ok, my question is, is this game actually worth the $400?

That seems incredibly high for a single game, even with all the minis etc
>>
>>46813619
Paper is also a lot heavier to ship than plastic.
>>
So what's like the story behind the Phoenix? The product in the store doesn't seem to say anything about what kind of creature it is and it's not like I can buy the game to find out at this point.
>>
>>46813671
I bought it at the $275 pre-order price, and I'm more than happy to keep forking money over for the expansions. My group is on its second campaign, with the first one taking a few months to clear, with us all meeting once a week for several hours.

We all seem to like it enough to all meet up on time (none of the usual delays, which is astounding, really) it have enough time to get a few lantern years in. One of our players is doing some overtime to save up to get his own copy at the $400 price point.

All the cards have nice artwork on them, the minis are excellent, and you get a bunch of fully modular armor kits for each armor set and item in the game. The only quality downside is that the binding on the rulebook is a bit flimsy for something that needs to be used constantly.

If you have four friends that have any interest in board games, and have time for a campaign style game, then I'd say it's worth it.
>>
>>46813671
Yes, but it helps if you can split the cost amongst a group.
>>
>>46813784
Sounds like there should be a digital edition of the book for those that don't want to wear their copy out.
>>
>>46813671
It depends on what perspective you look at it from.

When you compare the prices of the miniatures to other companies, the price does start to even out. (exceedingly high detail for plastics too)

If you're ONLY in it for the game, it's obvious that you won't see the full value of the $400 pricetag. You can survivor sprues from the base kit on ebay to easily make back $200 if that's a concern.
>>
>>46813738
>A fallen feather fills the settlement with dread.
>The skies bubble and murmur as a dark presence tears through the atmosphere like a negative lightning bolt, sucking the air and energy from all who gaze upon it.
>A light rain begins. The survivors turn their eyes up to see a huge, iridescent feather slowly floating toward the ground. Their lantern lights reflect strange rainbows off the twisting feather. A primal fear takes root in the settlement.

>The phoenix fills the horizon of your mind. Complex and disturbing, your very essence seems to flicker like a dying lantern. A perfect mixture of excitement and dread shakes up your insides. Before you realize it, you find yourself stepping forward to battle.
>>
File: Einar_Jonsson_King_of_Atlantis.jpg (307 KB, 1066x800) Image search: [Google]
Einar_Jonsson_King_of_Atlantis.jpg
307 KB, 1066x800
>>46813664
>>
File: 3696225068_203f12f0d4_b.jpg (289 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
3696225068_203f12f0d4_b.jpg
289 KB, 1024x680
>>46813949
>>
>>46813933
So it's a predatory acid trip?
>>
>>46814053
There is a legendary phoenix you can fight. The survivor that lands the killing blow watches as they live a thousand lives and die a thousand deaths. They get 1000 insanity and the Immortal disorder.

Essentially, they are now so cracked that any damage they take is shrugged off in their mind as one of their alternate life/death cycles, and they believe it with such conviction that they avoid being harmed.
>>
>>46814165
So the Phoenix is some kind of almighty entity of reincarnation then?
>>
>>46814246
It just fucks with time, somehow. It's not really explained in detail. It has several attacks that can age/deage characters, and mechanics where it cna use its aging powers on you to undo attacks you make against it.

A lot of the game's lore comes in bits and pieces, and you get to try and connect the dots. A little bit like with the Souls series of games.
>>
whats the opinion of the dark souls board game here?
>>
>>46813240
>Should you only play with the added cards (Disorders, Fighting Arts, Innovations etc.) of expansion if you also add the monster to your campaign?
No, the rulebook says you should add all those regardless. Of course some stuff like the gear isn't really usable unless the monster itself is added, but most of it still is okay.
>>
>>46814277
Sounds kinda like Yog-Sothoth from the Cthulhu mythos.
Also, that's one of the best narrative philosophies. Having exposition dumped on you is almost never good, unless you badly wanted to know something from a historical perspective. You gotta give peoples fantasy some wiggle room. Especially when doing a horror themed setting.
>>
>>46814318
Not at all similar really. Sure they have a bit of flavor overlap, but the DS boardgame is a co-op dungeon crawl, which is not really what KD is at all.

I was on the fence about the DS game since I love that company but it didn't feel like a lot of combat. But now that they've blown through a million stretch goals I am probably gonna get it in KS, since the value per dollar has gone up a TON
>>
>>46814549
Sorry, didn't feel like a lot of CONTENT*
>>
>>46814318
Already got the Conan boardgame coming in the mail this autumn and I will probably get myself Kingdom Death. So I rather not invest in another boardgame this soon.
>>
>>46814318
I donĀ“t like the aesthetic of DaS, so no thanks
>>
So I basically just learned of this games existence, found out it's sold out everywhere, goes for unreasonable sums of money etc.

I can wait for a reprint/general release, no problem. I could even, although this would kinda hurt, miss out completely on this.

Just please answer, or guess an answer to the following: If it eventually gets reprinted/the general release, will it (likely) have all the sexy minis? As in, both the sexy sexy minis and the awesome sexy minis. Like, all that shit that seems to be ripped right out of the greatest dark fantasy artbook ever concieved and also all the shit ripped right of the doujinshis based on it.
Even if they get mad expensive when they are eventually reprinted.
>>
>>46816393
The only sexy minis the core game actually comes with are the bonus Intimacy male and female minis, and they're not even high on the cheesecake level.

The Pinup figures have all been sold separately from the game since the beginning, and there have been several sold that were not even available in the kickstarter.

The Pinups get re-releases rather often on the KD website. Make sure to subscribe to their news letter and generally check the store page once a week or so.

What sexy minis are you mostly eyeballing?
>>
>>46816393
>As in, both the sexy sexy minis and the awesome sexy minis.
Awesome sexy? Yes. Sexy sexy? No.

If you go to the sold out store page you can look at the main game's page, and see all the minis that come in the core game.

Anything else is standalone, and is up in the store when they have some stock to sell. Pinup models aren't part of the game, but are the "sexy sexy" models you speak of. Those tend to come out now and then as general releases, and Black Friday or holidays are good times to check for them.

Price doesn't seem to increase for reprints. You just need to get yours before someone buys a bunch up to sell for hiked rates on ebay.
>>
>>46815509
Too baroque or too Berserk looking?
>>
>>46816754
I am guessing the former, since I like Berserk.
I also like DeS and BB, but something about DaS always put me off in its aesthetic.
>>
>>46814165
Unless you run into one of the many "Reset your Insanity to 0" events.

Those don't tend to make a lot of sense, mind you.
>>
>>46817511
Given the number of events where being insane is a massive liability, that might not be all bad.
>>
>>46813484
its just so unreasonably expensive to start now, and even if i get the box i wont have all the stuff from the kickstarter
>>
>>46814318
It looks like shit.
>>
>>46816864
Yeah, I remember back when I came from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls. I thought that Dark Souls designs looked way too overdone and lacked that gritty humbleness that Demon's Souls had. It just seemed a whole lot more like high fantasy than dark fantasy.
>>
>>46817937
maybe i am bad at judging minis since i play lotr and i think those look good but people tell me they are shit.

i think the dark souls minis look to be the quality of gw at least
>>
>>46816507
>What sexy minis are you mostly eyeballing?
All of them, especially the ones with wide hips
I'm really just afraid of missing out on limited stuff.
>>46816512
So buy single minis now, then wait for general release?
Worst case: I have a bunch of sexy minis
>>
>>46814318
I'm not impressed by the minis and the game rules seems too plain. However, I'm sure some kid is gonna be thrilled to grow up with a boardgame that has cool minis and then it will inspire that kids to make boardgames with cool minis when he grows up. I remember thinking Hero Quest was cool as shit when I was a kid. It lead to me getting into fantasy minis and thinking that boardgames could be more than just Monopoly. So I do think it might be a good thing.
>>
>>46818184

Its also worth pointing out that, as KDM players, our standards for mini quality are sort of unrealistically high.
>>
>>46818299
i just want to get the full kickstarter experience : <

what am i missing out on even if i chill the 400 bucks for the set ?
>>
>>46818299
The only boardgames that I know of that comes with detailed plastic sprues is Kingdom Death and the recent boxed games that Games Workshop's has been publishing.

I'm not sure if anyone else is putting this much funds and efforts into boardgame minis.
>>
>>46818032
>those look good
Anything that comes pre assembled is dubious. Also the sculpts are kinda bad. The Gargoyle is absolutely terrible for example.

Plus it's another game about gear and you have monopose character minis. Not to mention a $100+ price tag and I don't like how they're running the campaign.
On top of all that the coolest dudes (kalameet) are retailer exclusive(?) so I don't really care about it anymore.
>>
>>46818354
Well, the KDM box weights like 16 lbs. A lot of that are rules, cards and other assets. The minis are made out of plastic that doesn't weight a whole lot. So what you're really paying a lot of money for seems to be the system itself.
>>
>>46818403
well yeah, but what will i miss that kickstarters got ?
>>
>>46818354
Not much. There's not a ton of KS exclusive stuff at the end of the day.

Various minis like the promos may be very difficult to find however. But the game content should all be fine even with a late box.
>>
>>46818428
i think i will get a waifu from ebay and learn how to paint milky smooth thighs before i pull the trigger. gonna have to improve my blending i imagine
>>
>>46818043
>So buy single minis now, then wait for general release?
Not a bad option.

General rule is that nothing is really "limited" other than a few MASSIVE models with no planned game content (wet nurse, forge god, sunstalker infant, frogdog), or collector editions of the various models, which just come with an extra numbered certificate. The collector edition ones usually get a general release at some point down the line, with the artwork and mini, sans numbered collector card. You're gonna do fine as long as you keep some money lying around.

>>46818354
You more or less missed out on a select few KS exclusive minis (a handful had minor, standalone game ties, but the creator didn't like how they turned out, so the standalone events won't be a lasting thing), and being able to pick up the game and expansions at hilariously low prices ($100 for the core game for backers, and $15-35 for expansions that now run $60-150).

Beyond that, you can wait for the expansions like the non-backers, and get more or less everything.
>>
>>46818425
Mostly the pinup models that are not part of the setting and extra bonus plastic kits.
>>
>>46818467
okay so the core is 100 and the add ons are like 300? so if you buy all the shit from the kickstarter it adds to 400?
>>
>>46818462
The main store still has minis.
>>
>>46818562
That was like...4 years ago anon.

It's more like $1000 for everything these days.
>>
>>46818572
not my big thighed hunter waifu : <
>>
>>46818601
well but the kickstarters didnt get all that 1000 for free right? they had to buy an additional 600 to for extra stuff ?
>>
>>46818425
In the Big Black Box: Four or five monopose character figures, and they're not the sexy sort like pinups are. I think they came as part of our Bakcers Extras box.
>>
>>46818562
No, the core box was supposed to be around $100. Then things got carried away with all the money they made and they made a boxed game that they wanted to make because they could.
>>
>>46818644
Yup.
>>
Is there a way to get a rules PDF or something for this game? It's sold out so I can't even buy it. I'm just really curious what the rules are actually like.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.