[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you open packs /tg/? I think I might have an addiction. There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Do you open packs /tg/? I think I might have an addiction. There's just that rush, that slow build of hype as I count the number of commons in the pack, slowly working my way to the uncommons and then the rare. Sliding the third uncommon up to try and guess the rare based on color and card number. The twin fates of a soul crushing bulk rare vs getting something actually worthwhile. The secondary hype of knowing there's still a foil/double face behind it.

There's drugs in the glue, isn't there?

At least I ripped an Arlinn in my last pack
>>
>>46791859
I open a box every set that looks fun to me.
Beyond that, I usually don't rip packs unless I win them at tournaments.

Favorite packs to open are anything from the Time Spiral block or Lorwyn block. I just love those blocks so much.
>>
I did many many years ago when Mythics weren't a thing and the gap between commons and rares wasn't as blatant. I still do sometimes, usually when a warehouse decides to get rid of their Fallen Empires room. FE was great because anyone nostalgic for old stuff would have easy access to those boosters for decades. I will teach my kids to play off of the crate of FE I have in my basement waiting for someone to give a shit.
>daddy how does banding work
>some things were not meant to be understood honey
>>
>>46791859
I just recently started collecting Magic cards, in that time I have bought: a few starter decks, 2 Fat Packs, Origins deck builders toolkit, a BfZ Gift box, some single cards which I liked the look of, 2 Booster Boxes (Oath of the Gatewatch and SoI), and a bunch of boosters from Origins and up.

The moment it hooked me in was the moment where I pulled Dragonlord Silumgar from a pack, and getting Ulamog from a pack in the gift box made it even worse.

Playing against my brother mostly but it has been a lot of fun and a learning experience.
>>
>>46792385
Your children will always remember how their father protected them from Banding, even after you are dead
>>
I am at major fault in this. I buy exactly one pack every Friday night on the way home from work. The little rush i have when uncovering each and every card, reading the flavor text and analyzing the artwork of each one, trying to piece together the storyline as i open a new pack every week. getting a mythic is the best since that's a major part of the lore plot.
>>
File: sand silos.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
sand silos.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>46792385

>be me
>poorfag family
>Fallen Empires booster box as a birthday present!
>one Hand of Justice in the entire box, buried under a mountain of thallids
>pretty hype about it anyway

I still love the Fallen Empires art.
>>
>>46791859

>drugs in the glue

Fuck you anon, Ive been clean for months and had no intention to go back, and now you have me contemplating the sweet rush of cracking a pack open, and now I want to go to my local site to buy " just one pack". Dam you anon
>>
It also helps that Innistrad, Dark Ascension, Shadow over Innistrad, and likely Eldritch Moon have the DFC slot, meaning it's possible to pull three rares in a single pack- the normal, the foil, and the DFC.
>>
I opened 3 packs a few days ago, posted here.
As always I've got no luck.
But I think I'll get a box of SOI next month, since I like it. And playing sealed with a friend for shits and giggles is fun.
>>
>>46792385
>the gap between commons and rares wasn't as blatant
but it was. there has always been the mythic rarity pretty much, but before it was called mythic, it was called R3. Each rarity had a tier level to describe how rare it was within that rarity. Even commons had this. they just didn't mark the cards as such because richard garfield didn't want things like scrye to happen, which was a foregone conclusion the second you add a rarity system to a TCG, so i dunno what he was smoking when the thought he could get away with keeping it a mostly trading scene.
>>
>>46794738
I use those lands in a proliferate deck, they're bretty fun.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.