[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #796 Orwellian Overwatch Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46774099
>>
>>46786241
I've been wondering how deadly is pure warpstone?
>>
File: 1984.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1984.pdf
1 B, 486x500
There is no pastebin. There has never been a pastebin. There is only the jump. The jump is eternal.
>>
>>46786724
Deadly to anything that's not Skaven or already a mutant.
>>
>>46786757
Prices for drop in and Big Brother should be switched.
>>
>>46786757
I would personally put a price on Big Brother.
>>
>>46786757
Two Plus Two's penultimate sentence seems a bit odd/tautological; are you trying to say that physical wounds will always heal true, that mental trauma from physical wounds will heal no less quickly than the wounds do, or both?
>>
>>46786831
Actually, even they aren't safe. More so for mutants than Skaven, and it might not kill them but rather cause so many more mutations they devolve into a Spawn, but it's still dangerous as a long-term-exposure thing or in large doses for Skaven.
About the only ones who might be truly safe with it are Daemons, and maybe Undead (some of them, anyway. Vampires seem to still have problems with it).
>>
>>46786757
>Hope Rides Alone
This is seriously, seriously out of balance with the other 400cp options. What is effectively a small country against a floating fortress or a cafe. I'd say you either need to significantly reduce the area or increase the price a great deal.

Also, does the companion limit thing apply to the entire population as in you cannot just take millions of people between jumps if desired or does it just mean you can only take 8 out of the country at a time and can otherwise have as many people as you want inside of it?
>>
>>46786757

Origin: Prole
Perks
Happiness in Slavery
The Inheritors (100cp)
Doublethink (200cp)
The Small Rules (200cp)
Re-Education (400cp)
Gear
Chocolate Ration
Victory Gin
Heresy, Special Dark, Emperor-Size (100cp)

I feel immense shame for not already knowing what 1984 was before reading this Jump. Not really knowing how the novel goes (although now I plan on reading it), I’ll just spend the ten years making life for myself those closest to me more bearable.
>>
>>46786969
You noticed that if you use it to do anything unbalanced you take a 300 co drawback for no points right?
>>
>>46786757
>Hope Rides Alone

That anon who wanted to become Doctor Doom just got another piece of the puzzle.

Also, I know this has been said before, but you're never going to get away with making Drop-In cost CP, no matter how thematically appropriate it is.
>>
>>46786951
Both are the case. I will be swapping the price of that perk and Two Plus Two.

>>46786969
400 points to have a nation in this jump? It's double the cost to take it with you. Your point stands, however, and I cannot disagree; only the initial purchase can be discounted. Also, yes, your companion limit applies once you leave its borders; you may have eight with you outside, but you can have as many magical girls within its borders as you can fit, even if that comes out to four billion of them.
>>
>>46786757
>If you are not a drop-in, being a minority of one will cost you a bit more dearly –double the listed cost
So now Drop In is just one 100cp perk behind everyone else, to have the massive advantage of being alone without friends or identity in the totalitarian, well, Orwellian nightmare state.
Yay?
>>
>>46787049
I wasn't even looking at it discounted. Now that it's only 600cp for an option hundreds, if not thousands or more times larger and greater then the other options (Certainly at least that much greater then an unpopular cafe) it only makes more sense to make it smaller.

I think you should definitely rethink the companion thing, having that sort of thing apply over an entire country is too much for a single jump that is also giving you a nation with millions of subjects to bring around. At the very least, if you absolutely have to let people have as many companions as they want in any jump, note that you don't bring anyone but companions between jumps so it doesn't just turn into limitless numbers of free pods.
>>
How would "sharingan+the magic copying perk from young justice+the ability to see magic from LoSS dragon supplement" compare to the LoZ/Ranma skill copying abilities? I figure sharingan can copy purely physical and ki/soul abilities post-jump since post-jump it runs off of generic ki, and the other two bits can cover magic. But I'd like to be sure.
>>
>>46787012
You'll find another version will make itself present shortly with a few small changes and a short summary of the world you can expect to find yourself in. Hopefully that will help.
>>
>>46787114
So... despite the fact that you are effectively paying 900 CP for a bombed-out shell of a nation that gives you an additional loss condition, that's not expensive enough? What would you suggest I change, at this point?
>>
>>46787049
Er, "that perk" is Two Plus Two... you're swapping the price of a perk with itself? I'm concerned that the setting is infecting your posts...
>>
>>46787245
Not really how I see it. Way I see it, you're paying for a small country's worth of free space and millions of people to use for various purposes (Mass farming, armies etc). Does the country reset to a new war torn nation every new jump? If so, that'd certainly take away a lot of what seems to be problematic in my eyes. It still seems far and away beyond the unpopular cafe option in terms of balance (I quite honestly do not see why that is 400cp, 550cp if you want to keep it, the same as the flying fortress).

You didn't answer the second part by the way, which I feel is more important.
>>
File: breaking news.jpg (43 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
breaking news.jpg
43 KB, 500x277
>>46787057
If you're crazy enough to jump 1984 as a Drop-In as a first or very early jump (or otherwise not possessing perks that will keep you from being Oppressed), we can't help you.
>>
>>46786757
Well I can tell what origin almost every namefag is going to beeline for.
>>
>>46787247
Surely I don't know what you mean. No, seriously, Re-Education should have been 800 and Two Plus Two should have been 400. Being unable to be mind controlled is different from being able to break mind control over others.

>>46787288
The companion section is set in stone, if you want your companions not to love Big Brother they're going to have to pay for it. Unless you are concerned that the entire nation counts as companions, it does not. If you have twenty companions, they may run around the country doing whatever they like, but only eight can be outside without reality glitching or whatnot. Also, this is a country that is not quite the size of Indiana. If it helps, I'll put further information about said country in the notes.

As far as the cafe, it's 100 extra points, not 150. Surely you must be reading it wrong, perhaps you should not read that section again until the next edition is posted so as to prevent inadvertent thoughtcrime. (Which will be posted as soon as I finish writing a summary of Orwell's dystopian nightmare to open it with.)

>>46787332
I make no promises as to what is fair and just. Especially with this jump.
>>
>>46787345
Not sure you quite understand what I posted. I asked if anyone in the nation is brought between jumps. Can you put characters you like inside the country and have them be there next jump or does the whole thing reset back to being a blasted country at the start of each jump?
>>
>>46787245
>you are effectively paying 900 CP for a bombed-out shell of a nation that gives you an additional loss condition
How about we rephrase it as
>you are effectively paying 900CP for a nation sized patch of land that acts as infinite pods

>>46787309
That still gives absolutely no reason it should cost more than other options that don't have the same problems.
>>
>>46787365
a blasted country with completely new people and no prior modifications*
>>
>>46787345
As to that cafe, you seem to be missing what everyone is telling you. The cafe costs 500cp to bring along and is said to be 'unpopular'. The entire nation filled with thousands or millions only costs 400cp more. Can you see the big disparity people are criticising?
>>
>>46787365
>>46787373

Ah! I see where the misunderstanding lies. No, your country is not capable of bringing new people between jumps along with you. If you bring it to Worm (and somehow Scion doesn't wipe it from the face of the Earth) and drop people in there who are not bog-standard humans or who have any kind of intention of following you to other worlds, after ten years pass they'll find themselves standing in a suddenly desolate landscape. Or in the ocean.

Or you might end up with a de-powered clone of them who loves Big Brother.

I'm honestly not sure which is worse. Rule of thumb here, though: this is not Infinite Pods: The Item. Treating it as such means that your benefactor is going to treat it like anything else you're trying to play Infinite Pods with and take it away.

>>46787401
Fairness for Party members is not intended nor implied.
>>
>>46787401
Reminder that Tropico island also travels with you.
>>
>>46787417
So your justification for having broken balance is that you basically don't care? Well, if that's your excuse.

>>46787424
Tropicos a tiny island nation man. Not even close to 40k square miles.
>>
>>46787417
So are you just pretending to be retarded or...?
>>
>>46787424
Reminder that it technically doesn't. Yes, something similar to Tropica island turns up in later jumps - but it isn't _your_ Tropica island.
>>
>>46787437
>>46787471
Yes, and this small country, similarly to Tropico, does not preserve people and objects between jumps. So, it does the same thing.
>>
>>46787417
So since all the population is replaced, we can assume that the country starts each jump in the same state it originally was right? War torn, wrecked and miserable?
>>
>>46787483
And yet it's hundreds of times bigger then Tropico. It's as much the same thing as saying Japan is the same as North America because they're both landmasses.
>>
>>46787417

Stop talking to those dorks and answer my question b0ss, Will the people always acknowledge us as leader and is the loss condition permanent.
>>
File: Mirai Ship Slut2.png (744 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
Mirai Ship Slut2.png
744 KB, 1000x1200
>>46786757
It's time to Liberate
>>
>>46787507
How do you figure, anon? Some of the Tropico islands are rather large. Go on, check the jump again.

Also size matters jackshit when these brand new people exist. It doesn't give you an advantage. It's not 'infinite pods' like you were scared of.
>>
>>46787520
The loss condition is permanent. You will only be their leader in this jump unless you are a drop-in in future jumps; taking a history in that world excludes you from leading this nation. It is not sent back to the radioactive version of the 19th century at the beginning of every jump, either.
>>
>>46787551
So while we can't bring people over, we can effectively use it as a country sized warehouse?
>>
>>46787561
What? No! No. Hell no. What gave you THAT impression? This is less effective as a warehouse than the Light of Terra!
>>
File: Document2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Document2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
OKAY ALL OF YOU SHUT UP ABOUT WHATEVER IDIOT JUMP THAT GUY POSTED

because rthe REAL SHIT is here now

a year and change in the making its MLG PRO JUMP 4/20 YEE BOIII EDITION

prepare your anuses motherfuckers
>>
>>46787551
>The loss condition is permanent

That seems really steep
>>
>>46787571
>It is not sent back to the radioactive version of the 19th century at the beginning of every jump, either.
So what is it reset to then? You clearly imply that it keeps changes here.
>>
>>46787575
Where's the magic mushrooms?
>>
>>46787627
sorry i left them with ur mom last night
>>
>>46787551
Oh so it's the trap option.
>>
>>46787507
Tropical Retreat: 400cp, about the size of the Hawaiian islands at most (~6500 sq mi), begins as a rather nice place to live, in future jumps a place resembling it, in whatever you condition you left it back in Tropico, shows up. Can't be used as warehouse/pod storage.

Hope Rides Alone: 400cp, about the size of England (~50000 sq mi), begins as a dystopian totalitarian nightmare with a broken and downtrodden population, in future jumps it follows you as-is, so if it gets carpet-nuked in jump 100 it'll still be a molten slagheap in jump 101. Store stuff at own risk, but it can't be used to pod particular people (Jump-chan will smack you).

Does that about sum it up?
>>
>>46787575
0h 5h1t m0th3rfux3r 1'v3 b33n w41t1n6 4 dis.
>>
>>46787575
>Obligatory 'Damn son where'd you find this?' response.

I can hear the fucking airhorns. Ow. Fuck. AaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
>>46787665
No. If you do not lead the city, having it destroyed will not be a loss condition, even if it follows. I'm working on writing a clarification out, so that this will be made clear. And the size is being reduced significantly. Give me time to finish typing.
>>
>>46787551
>The loss condition is permanent. You will only be their leader in this jump unless you are a drop-in in future jumps
>This purchase is mandatory if you bring any sort of nation or population with you into this jump
So, given there's no "do not import" option, if we've been to Tropico, Anno 2070, Light of Terra or a bunch of similar jumps that give territory or populations that follow you automatically we have to buy an option that forces a major loss condition on us in any future jump we go Drop In?
Yeah, I think I'm just going to skip this jump entirely, it's a trainwreck of bad ideas so far.
>>
>>46787417
So is this really all you have on justifying why one origin gets so much more for it's capstone? That you liked them more?
>>
>>46787688
>And the size is being reduced significantly.

Now it's even worse because I always pick drop in
>>
>>46787726
>a spaceship follows me
>a boat follows me
>an island that I'm not in charge of follows me

None of these things are a nation or a population under your control (last I knew the LoT's crew was a captive audience; spaceships are not people, and neither are their crew even if they're not toasters, end of discussion). This purchase is only mandatory if you are bringing an area under your control with you or a significant population on the ground.
>>
>>46787688
>>46787726
>>46787766
>>46787775
Let's all wait for the revision, shall we?
>>
1984.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>46787807

I didn't have a problem with the nation until the permanent draw back and size reduction.
>>
>>46787856
The drawback only applies if you are leading it. If you're in charge of a city, getting it nuked is a pretty important way to declare a game-over.

Or you could just ignore that and just go 'oh, if the city is destroyed, then I guess it won't follow me anymore', if you are concerned that your city will somehow be completely eradicated while you lead it in the future and that you won't be able to prevent it with the power and abilities and knowledge of a hundred worlds at your fingertips.
>>
>>46787806
I'll just note that (if it actually existed) the LoT is bigger, both in size and population, than some RL cities.

>>46787828
Hope Rides Alone being mandatory if you already have a city/population: does the HRH land/population replace that city/population for the duration of the jump, or vice versa?

>>46787889
Should probably mention that in the jump text.
>>
>>46787889

I think I'll go with the it won't follow me anymore thing and thanks man it's a great jump all my problems are answered.
>>
>>46787806
>None of these things are a nation or a population under your control
a) It doesn't say "a nation under your control" it says "any sort of nation [now city] or population with you into this jump"
b) A ship with crew potentially stretching into the billions doesn't count as a population? What the hell does, then? Can we just assume the equivalent of "spaceships are not people, and neither are their crew" applies whenever we like, since there's absolutely no mention of that in the jump but it's apparently valid? "Oh, this continent-sized tower? Yeah, tower's aren't cities and neither are the cities built on them."
>>
>>46787889
See >>46787766 or are you just going to hide some more?
>>
File: passthedespair.jpg (101 KB, 850x611) Image search: [Google]
passthedespair.jpg
101 KB, 850x611
>>46787828
Big Brother, Age 37

The Cult of Personality (Free)
Room 101 (800)
Re-Education (0)
Telescreen (Free)

What a nice, relaxing vacation jump. Pity about how woefully backward it is, but we've nothing against a fixer-upper.

This is just a great chance to kick back, relax and remould society to the point where everyone is EQUALLY oppressed under our will, and party members are indistinguishable from proletariats. And we shall make the buildings symmetrical and eliminate the scarcity problem by directly beaming nutrients with ambient light everywhere all the time and-be right back, making a to-do list for the angels to carry out.

Being a video conduit is always worthwhile in a world where there's screens everywhere, making it much easier for the world to PRAISE US! PRAISE OUR NAME! WITNESS, BATHED IN OUR COUNTENANCE! Because nothing stamps out even the faintest hint of rebellion like giant heads absolutely everywhere.

>>46787828
There's just one thing unclear-can you opt NOT to take the mandatory purchase if you have territory (the village from Dark Cloud 2's scenario for example) but for some reason decide for it to stop following you, just for this single jump? The wording is a little unclear and seems to imply so.

Also I thought mandatory drawbacks were supposed to go away at the end of the jump.

>>46787575
Mountain Dew OP, pls n-

>in your hands

So it just comes wooshing out of your palms when you're trying to 1v5 some noob? Ew, soggy doritoes. 1.2.1.1 patch save us.
>>
1984.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46787975
One would be effectively paying 1100 CP before discounts for a single item, if you choose to have it follow you. Increasing its cost further seems unnecessary; I have made the last changes that will be made to it unless someone makes a case for other necessary changes. As opposed to a cafe that follows you for 300 CP before discounts, or helicarrier for 400 CP, again before discounts for all.

As far as I am concerned, it is balanced to my satisfaction.
>>
>>46788094
The new wording in HRH is appreciated!

As >>46787925 asked, does the HRH territory replace what you'd normally bring in, or vice versa, or are they sidebyside?
>>
>>46788148
Er, I mean HRA, as in Hope Rides Alone, not HRH.
>>
>>46788094
Thankyou for the notes at the end of the pdf.
>>
>>46788148
High range hearing? And no, during this jump they'd be side by side unless you wish otherwise. In future jumps you may place it as you like, within common-sense reasons.

>>46788175
Glad the clarifications help!
>>
>>46788094
>The city can be permanently destroyed after the jump. No warranty
Not whining, but why tho
>>
>>46788233
My guess, because you can always rebuild?
>>
File: voldebored.png (189 KB, 497x280) Image search: [Google]
voldebored.png
189 KB, 497x280
>>46788233
If you are in charge, it is your responsibility. If buildings get blown up, they'll need to be fixed. If you let it be destroyed, it's being thrown away, like that time you left all your toys on the floor and your mom called your bluff and threw them away.

If you're not in charge and something happens, it will be restored next jump without a problem.
>>
>>46788246
>If the city is destroyed after this jump, it is destroyed permanently and will no longer follow you.

>>46788254
Alright. I guess I can understand that.
>>
>>46787828
>Hope rides alone
>No discounts apply

so does that mean that if I'm drop-in, I still need to pay 800cp for the package?
>>
>>46788291
No, the initial purchase remains discounted.
>>
>>46788316
so it's 600cp then?
>>
>>46788319
Yes, but you are forgetting the mandatory drawback that you do not get any points for. Effectively 900cp.
>>
>>46788334
It would better wording to say "effectively 600cp plus a mandatory drawback that you would otherwise be able to get 300cp from".
>>
>>46788334
Ah, so counting against the drawback limit, then?
>>
>>46788358
Correct.
>>
so I need an item quickly analyzed for potential abuse.

50 CP Supply of items: Pick one item, any item. Cannot be magical, cannot be anything not found in your original universe’s 2011, cannot have value more than 50$. You now get one of these in your pocket whenever you happen to need it.
>>
>>46788334
Wait wait
So if you take Hope Rides Alone you have to take Always at War with Oceania.
Does that drawback count towards your drawback count?
>>
>>46788371
... a jump drive?
>>
>>46788377
Aye. >>46788358
>>
>>46788377
Yes, it does.
>>
>>46788371
A grenade? The option seems terribly generic, are you sure there isn't a specific object to use for it in whatever setting you are making?
>>
>>46788399
You fucking nigger
>>
>>46788402
grenades cost less than 50$. huh. learn something new every day
>>
>>46788410
Depends on where you buy them.
>>
File: like a boss.jpg (16 KB, 360x476) Image search: [Google]
like a boss.jpg
16 KB, 360x476
>>46788404
You mad, bro?
>>
>>46788404
isn't voldemort like, the exact opposite of a nigger
>>
File: 9TKOE.jpg (91 KB, 426x599) Image search: [Google]
9TKOE.jpg
91 KB, 426x599
>>46788426
Yes I'm fucking mad
I was going to take another 100cp drawback for cult of personality
Just fuck you Crux
Not really, It's just a little annoying is all. Good jump mate.
>>
>>46788371
If a companion could buy the perk, their original universe could be other than yours. How about instead:

>Pick one item, any item. Can only be something you could have bought for $50 or less, in the nearest 24/7 convenience store in your original country at the time you first jumped. You now get one of these in your pocket whenever you reach in to take it, if there would be room for it.

That last clause is so a jumper can't pull six yards of plastic tubing out of their pocket. If you want jumpers to be able to do that, just remove the clause.
>>
>>46788452
...right. great, thanks!
>>
>>46788452
Anon might want jumpers to be able to have things that aren't in convenience stores. So replace "nearest 24/7 convenience store" with whatever works. "nearest Bunnings"? "nearest IKEA"? Heh.
>>
>>46788371
A loaded FP-45 handgun , now you are never unarmed.

A MRE now you will never go hungry.

A gallon of spring water, you will never go thirsty again.

A lot prescription and illegal drugs are around $50 a pill
now you have a reliable source of income.

Grenades as previously mentioned
>>
>>46788452
That could still apply to companions from other universes. Change "in your original country" to "in the jumper's original universe" and it's good.
>>
>>46788470
a can of gasoline which has many uses

Did you know you can get a literal truckload of gravel for about 50 bucks? Might be handy to make an escape
>>
>>46788371
>Infinite glitter, one $50 explosion at a time
You monster.
>>
>>46788470
>A lot prescription and illegal drugs are around $50 a pill
Why not just have a gold coin valued at $50?
>>
>>46788548
immediate usage rather than value, with drugs you could sell or use them on someone
>>
>>46788371
>>46788470
>>46788525
>>46788537
so...overall, allowable or too much? part of my reasoning was the potential for hilarity, I'll admit. do i reduce the monetary value, then?
>>
>>46788559
no, $50 is fine
>>
>>46788559
I think you should just stick to what fits the setting rather then doing it solely for the funnies. This seems like the sort of option that will inevitably have some broken thing someone digs far enough to find.
>>
File: Voldewat.jpg (6 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
Voldewat.jpg
6 KB, 209x200
>>46788548
>Why not just have a gold coin valued at $50?
Because convenience stores don't sell gold coins? I'm pretty sure trying to game it for infinite money goes against the spirit of it.
>>
>>46788559
$50 is fine.
>>
>>46788559
jumps are balanced by the universal jump is in .I'd have to know what you are making to say whether or not it's balanced but in general it seems like a nice perk for 50 CP, maybe allow it to stack with itself to increase the amount of money?
>>
>>46788576
spirit shmirit, that's my motto
>>
>>46788581
No, that's a horrible idea.
>>
>>46788575
"I take control of the economy and utterly devalue the currency. Antimatter now costs $49.99"

Are you the same person who worked on Vampire Diaries?
>>
>>46788581
well, it was kinda in keeping with the in-universe things in that everyone seems to have whatever small things they need they need just at hand. no one ever seems to need to run to the store, and i needed a loose-50-cp soak.
>>
>>46788603
Wouldn't that be if you boosted the economy (and science) so much that Antimatter really is cheap?
>>
>>46788610
Don't pay any attention to Tera. We trained him wrong, as a joke.
>>
>>46788603
the value in your original universe's prices.

I don't know how to spoiler, but yeah. I'm looking just to finish it, now that at least the very worst of my...indulgences have been corrected.
>>
>>46788603
...what on earth would make you think that?

>>46788610
There are probably better ways to simulate that. For example, this sort of option only lets you have one thing you need, rather then a bunch. Perhaps look at the 007 jump? It has a perk that's pretty related to always making sure you have the right gadgets. A less powerful version of that might work.
>>
>>46788610
that wasn't my question, my question is what jump is this for because perks are balanced against the universe the jump is in. I think it's a nice and creative perk but I don't if it's balanced because I don't know what universe this is for.
>>46788616
don't call me by my old name ,I'm trying to change.
>>
>>46788614
Maybe? I was thinking more like just hacking into the world trade center or whatever and changing all currency to whatever you like. I dunno, I'm a neckbeard not an economist.

>>46788623
...oh boy.

I just hope someone's around to doublecheck your work if I'm not.
>>
>>46788623
If it's Vampire Diaries then yeah, that makes no sense and you could find much better 50cp items. If it were some office or building based jump I could understand that but I see close to zero justification in VD.
>>
File: screenshot1.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
This is gonna get a jump
And I'm gonna make it happen
Get ready for your harem perks and forced romance draw back. Its time for XCOM with Waifus nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QXZsg2qUPo
>>
>>46788630
Piss off. I'll call you whatever I want to Tera.
>>
>>46788637
well, I have a drinks thing. you wouldn't believe how much alcohol ends up on the show...basically I needed a simple, easy 50 cp item and most of the magic seems more valuable than that.
>>
>>46788650
So you have a 50cp drink option? Then why do you need another one? Especially one that can theoretically cover drinks too.
>>
>>46788660
i don't have it yet, seemed kinda infinite money-y. scotch can run pretty expensive, right? 1000$ bottles every three days for 50 cp... seems wrong.
>>
>>46788646
>Dat chorus tho
This looks pretty awesome. God speed.
>>
>>46788674
Then just give normal beer not super expensive scotch. Why does everything always have to be at the very highest level for you?
>>
>>46788681
stop trying to start something
>>
>>46788675
Part one and two are free on steam nerd
Go download it
>>
>>46788681
...because that is the only kind ever shown on the show...

this is not me thinking up random shit. I've yet to see two episodes go by without all the 'fancy, designer bottle' scotch being swirled.
>>
>>46788674
>Hand out enough power to be the strongest being in the entire setting
>1000 dollars every 3 days is way too much are you crazy man?
Holy shit are you dumb.
>>
>>46788699
for 2400 cp, it isn't exactly a 'hand out'
>>
>>46788674
...why do you care? No seriously, THIS is where you decide it's too much? Having some expensive scotch every few days is hardly any issue. There are plenty of infinite food options that can 'theoretically' get you infinite money but good fucking luck having someone buy infinite amounts of sweets or food or scotch from you.
>>
>>46788716
well, that'd be fine...seriously, I decided to keep things low after all the furore on 'op broken things!', but if the general opinion is that it's fine, then i s'pose it's fine after all.
>>
>>46788730
Too little too late. Now you're just looking silly..
>>
>>46788696
Aye aye, cap-

>Melty Blood is on Steam
...Hold that thought, my money is going elsewhere right now.
>>
>>46788743
Shit nigga, really?
>>
File: Tales of Demons and Gods.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Tales of Demons and Gods.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I know its early but I would like to get peoples thoughts on the current state of the yaoshenji jump, also known as tales of demons and gods. Heres the pdf.

That was me the other day, Im still not sure if this looks good enough and am open to criticism.
>>
>>46788646
This remind me of Galaxy Angel...
>>
>>46788748
See for yourself. Current Code FTW.
>>
>>46788730
but I'm not here to grill my jump again. so:

50 cp for random 50$ items.
50 cp for mid-high quality drinks.

the second is the one to go with, right?
>>
>>46788754
So what's an 'expert'?
>>
>>46788761
Yes.
>>
>>46788754
What things can you be the Aspect of Law for? Can you become the Aspect of antimatter or rabbits or love or decay?
>>
>>46788774
Experts are just another name for someone who has trained their soul force to a high degree. Demon spiritualists and fighters are both experts generally to one degree or another.
>>
>>46788809
Aspect of law generally falls into things like light, darkness, fire, ice, water, wind, things generally considerred classical elements. There is some leeway there however as there exists spiritual gods like the spiritual god of ice wind, he has control over blizzard like stuff. I don't see how law of rabbits could work myself and the closest to antimatter I can see is the law of nether which in setting just seems to be some kind of funky miasma and an underworld realm.
>>
>>46788809
I can however see aspect of decay working. Something that would imbue your attacks with a rotting property. There was a law god of time butthe only thing we know about him is he is terribly mysterious and has basically no offensive power. Even using his power costs him so much that he only does it once in history and nobody really knows if it worked.

There is a law god of death shown, he controls bones and has summons giant person sized energy hands.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>46788646
...what is this and who is that deadeyed animu girl-

>melee relevant in spehss combat
>oh boy, it's SRW all over again

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>46788855
Hmm. Would Order or Law be a better fit for an aspect?

Just to check, is the soul realm referred to in Demon Spiritualist literally just your soul you house the demons in rather than an additional pocket dimension? What happens if you're already the King of Bel and have a kind of pocket dimension for housing demons you've defeated?

It looks pretty good apart from some general grammatical issues all over the place, and maybe Alchemical Genius could be reworded to sound less like a vidya game mechanice. Also it would be nice if the overall capabilities and appearances of demons here were elaborated on in the notes since it seems Demon Spiritualists gain most of their hat tricks from them.

Overall it looks pretty solid though; would you mind builds being posted?
>>
File: both.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>46788761
Is there some reason the jump can't have both?
>>
>>46788932
>melee relevant in spehss combat
>oh boy, it's SRW all over again

Get ready for it nerd
>>
>>46788754
Look nice, two question, about the Primary Inscriptionist, does this mean that we are well versed in already or we have the talent for it. The same for Alchemist Genius.
The second one is about the drawback:
Bad Memories does this effect even those that don't need to sleep?
Can we remedy Crippling Teachings or it is permanent? If it is permanent, how big of a drop in capability for outside power?
>>
>>46788932
I dont mind builds being posts as long as you dont mind that some stuff may be shifted. I dont think many changes will be made at this point. Aspects of law are generally some kind of element even weird ones like ice wind are still at their base elemental properties. Law of law or law of order would probably result in you getting a small unaspected power boost of energy but nowhere near as much as choosing an elemental property. Laws are at their base highly complex enchantments that obsorb energy of a certain elemental type to be used by the weilder.

Your soul realm is actually kind of both a pocket realm and your soul, except the only thing you can put in it in this setting is soul power, soul weapons, and a demon.

Alchemical genius is worded that way because the pills shown in setting do in fact increase your gains from training or cultivation by x100 for the most powerful readily available medicines.

Mind pointing out the grammatical errors? I ran it through the check and thought I caught them.
>>
>>46788998
Primary inscriptionist give you both a talent for it and makes you versed in the very basics of inscription.

Bad dreams will start becoming hallucinations if you dont sleep. I actually thought I had it in there.crippling teachings is only valid in this jump, outside powers will generally only be as good as half of what they would normally be. Warehouse portal is not really effected.
>>
>>46789037
> give you both a talent for it and makes you versed in the very basics of inscription.
That's cool.
>crippling teachings
So can we remedy it? Like getting Nie Li to teach us or something?
>>
>>46788932
>Changed alchemical genius from experience x100 to

increase the gains from training x100 while using them you know how to properly

Adding general demon rundown in notes.

Demonsrun the gamut of animals and shapes, generally the most powerful type of demon beasts are something from the dragon family but we also see everything from rabbit demon to fanged panda as well as snake demons and gorilla demons. When merged the demon spiritualist seems to become something like a humanoid version of their demon. Any elemental abilities it would have are generally what the demon spiritualist will have. For example if you used a panda you would basically become kungfu panda po but if you used a dragon you would have the tail scales horns teeth and such along with the firebreathing or whatever elemental property the dragon has along with any physical capabilities it has. One of the mcs demons can turn invisible and has scycle claws so this allows him to grow boneclaw scythes from his arms and go invisible.
>>
>>46789059
You can try to remedy it but you will not be able to fully remove its effects just mediate them. Im not going to lie taking that drawback is going to suck.
>>
Anyone happen to have a list of all magic resistance perks?
>>
>>46789144
Stack Dresden Files, Negima, Once Upon a Time and Kirby for good measure. That should do.
>>
>>46789131
Oh well, ok thanks. Though I notice the lack of a harem perk considering Nie Li is attracting ladies left, right and center with his shenanigan.

>>46789144
Gift Twilight Imperium (Negima)
Magic Resistance (Ravenloft)
Templars (Dragon Age & Dragon Age Inquisition)
Dwarf (Dragon Age Inquisition)
Blank/Pariah (40k Redux)
Image Breaker (Raildex)
Counter Spell (Shadowrun)
Anti-Magic Zone (Forgotten Realms Jump)
Magic Resistance (Forgotten Realms Jump)
Outsider (Dresden)
Spell Nulification (Harry Potter)
>>
File: ASAharvestspirit.jpg (47 KB, 546x732) Image search: [Google]
ASAharvestspirit.jpg
47 KB, 546x732
>>46789010
>>46789112

Got it, danke.

It's really minor stuff; "you" after Drop-In and Demon spiritualist isn't capitalised, 6th line after Aspect of Law needs a comma direct after "law", "souls" after Demon Soul Array needs to be capitalised, "Souls" should probably be "Soul's" for the 100 CP Demon Spiritualist perk, "Sensei" is missing a dash to separate it from its' description and there's a few other un-capitalised first words in the items section. Oh, and "by soaking un it" and "ones" for Fountain of Law. Nothing dealbreaking, just a few stood out.

Drawback: Super Arrogance (1100)

Free pick: Glory City

Soul's Grace (Free)
Demon Soul Merge (1000)
Fine Control (800)
Cultivation Master (500)
Aspect of Law: Iron (200)
Fountain of Law (0). How deep is the lake and what's the training rate like if you stay at the bottom, by the way? How does it adversely affect your health?

This is a job for Super Messiah. Except no, it's not, because we're going for a swim in this pool. So in lieu of that, we're distributing the Demon Summoning Program by making it rain COMPs on the land for people to pick up and start reclaiming the world using subjugated demons.

...yes, Elodie. Fine, you get to run this show. Don't forget to transcribe the Correspondence and I-Ching to buff the Primal Common Tongue, we're not in dad's neighbourhood anymore.

Come now, we technically left 1984 better than we found it. The Party wasn't oppressing the populace hard enough, that was the real problem.

What? Fine, fine, yes-handpick your own team of whoever you want to help. Brigid, Lightning, Solaire-honestly once we step out there demonkind is going to kneel to us anyway.

And no Metatron, we are not "slacking off". We are simply setting a grace period for Elodie and co to prove the world can get its' own act together before we go out there and start stuffing demons into powerplants and so forth.

Also, setting up an epic prank against the True Fae who haven't sworn alleigance to us.
>>
File: Serafall_Bouncing.gif (288 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
Serafall_Bouncing.gif
288 KB, 200x113
>>46789144
jam jam jam jam jam jam jam
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
...and wow captcha, thanks for eating my text. It's not like I needed it or anything. You dick.

Demon spiitualist, age 11

>>46789238
So you're saying, it's time to slam now?

I don't suppose the latest season of RWBY has shown what veteran Semblance users are capable of? The things probably scale with spiritual strength and such but it'd be nice to have a benchmark for a "regular" Semblance user with centuries of experience, especially for one as abstract as Space Jam.
>>
>>46789168
>Kirby
I can't find anything for that in Kirby?
>>
>>46789144
>>46789168
don't forget SCP foundation ,Cho Aniki, generic magical girl, and arguably generic virtual world since it lets you train up any resistance
>>
>>46789231
The lake is deep enough that the mc couldnt see the bottom, Im going to go with it being over 50 ft deep here. Law energy is sparser at the top but near the bottom it is packed. You basically get around 50 times the energy at the bottom . Its not really stated in the series but Im going with this number because it seems right.

Law energy water is dangerous because if you absorb too much law energy the following symptoms occur: Explosion by excess soul pressure.

You should have no problems though as your body will start to feel hot to a point you cant stand being in the water anymore long before you get to that point.
>>
>>46788650
So throw on unlimited blood bags. Not suitable for transfusions, pulling new ones removes old ones from the wider environment to prevent abuse (drowning the world in blood oceans, say) if it's necessary, though there's a few infinite cheese/meat/soda and so on perks/items around that seem to be accepted ok.
>>
File: antiwobble.gif (414 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
antiwobble.gif
414 KB, 520x520
>>46789305
>explosion by excess soul pressure

...how big an explosion are we talking here? Is it something that scales with personal spiritual reserves or simply too much energy absorbed at once?

Would the fact that you're technically dunking a "small" fragment of your main soul i.e. something purely made out of spiritual energy rather than biological matter in the lake have any difference?

>feel hot

What if your main soul is partially composed of hungry stars?
>>
>>46789144
It's not exactly a perk, but if you go Necron in Light of Terra, get Necrodermis to replace a fair chunk of your body, then get the Phase-Iron from one of the DLC's and meld it into the Necrodermis it'll act as magic resistance.
>Phase-Iron is almost utterly immune to psychic and magical attacks, and unlike all other methods of defending against them, requires nothing. No maintenance, no tempramental technology, no choir of chanting acolytes or bloody sacrifices. It simply almost completely negates warpcraft.

Slap on some magic resistance and antimagic and so on for discount /jc/ Image Breaker knockoff that doesn't fuck with your Luck Perks. And can be whole body, so you won't be fucked over by the lack of plot shielding making people aim for one tiny part of your body.
>>
>>46789384
You do realise your phase-iron dick/vagoo is going to pop your magical waifu/husbando like a balloon right?
>>
>>46789355
The explosion sclaes to how big and powerful your soul is. If you no longer feel heat then you will get some kind of noticable feeling. Dunking a small part will result in you absorbing through that part. You get more by dunking more.

As for how it works if you are a free floating soul construct in this setting even ghosts can cultivate their soul realm so it works about the same.
>>
>>46789265
Immunity to mind control and corruption. No stacking is enough for those.
>>
>>46789415
Hey, I didn't get that part of me replaced. Mostly upper torso and limbs. Not that that would be an issue even if I had; I have no magic body waifu/husbando.
That said, alt forms. Since it's not a perk, you can just switch to a form that isn't all Necrodermised.
>>
>>46789483
That just leaves your dick vulnerable to magic. I guess altforms work, though.
>>
File: [OH NO].gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
[OH NO].gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>46787575
NOT AGAIN
>>
File: Defenders_Vol_3_3_Textless.jpg (307 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Defenders_Vol_3_3_Textless.jpg
307 KB, 600x900
So, /jc/, how can I become Dormammu?

I need to be composed purely of magic, to have a flaming head, absurd amounts of magical power, and the ability to bestow fractions of my power on underlings.
>>
If I have immunity to corrupting effects, can I use the Dark Side of the Force without turning into a wrinkly Hitler?
>>
>>46789520
You always could.
>>
>>46789520
The only thing "corrupting" about the dark side is the Sith's retarded ideologies.
>>
>>46789520
Since every female dark side user I can think of not named Kreia looks like a sultry amazon, I'd say yes since they don't even have corruption effect immunity. The one from Spyro the Dragon should be particularly good for that.

>>46789501
>purely of magic

Bartimaeus trilogy

>Flaming head

Bartimaeus trilogy

>absurd amounts of magical power

Negima, Elona

>the ability to bestow fractions of my power

FF9
>>
>>46789537
I'm pretty sure canon is that the Dark Side is literally a cancer.
>>
>>46789542
Neat, thanks!

I've been meaning to ask though, what can magic doin Bartimaeus?
>>
>>46789558
That's just what the insane space monks want you to think.
>>
File: ASblush.png (334 KB, 653x555) Image search: [Google]
ASblush.png
334 KB, 653x555
>>46789572
Well, first off humans canonically only have breaching dimensional boudnaries and binding djinn to their will as what they definitely can do with magic. It's not clear if the other demonstrated tricks-painful zap-curses to punish djinn (one of which is an instantgib if the djinn is properly bound), golem creation and turning into werewolves-are outsourced from djinn at several removes or other expressions of human magic, but given golems are referred to as being associated with earth in contrast to djinns' association with fire and air, and the punishment zapping tires out a human, it seems implied to be more the latter.

As for what djinn can do-other than a slew of more advanced-a lot of more powerful on-the-fly combat spells, from blasts to acidic mists more esoteric effects like implosion and warping space to rip things apart are the main deal. Ablative shields, scrying/magical detection, good illusions, VERY versatile shapeshifting (tornado of sand, living shadow, giant jackal-man are all valid for mid-high djinn), teleportation and anti-magic. Now that I think about it, the Rakasha of Lord of Light are actually a fairly good benchmark for an afrit or marid in terms of shapeshifting, elementalism and illusions.

It's implied al these abilities stem from being pure energy beings in their natural state, since the spirits too powerful to be classified warp reality with their mere presence.
>>
>>46788754
Got a question or two.
Do we get to choose our Soul Realm color or it is all random?

I read that only one person can become the spiritual god of a law at a time, so what happen if you choose one that is already occupied?
>>
>>46789689
Soul realm color Im leaving up to you since in the story it doesn't actually seem to determine much and is mostly cultural bias and bad teaching that leads the people to believe some colors are useless.

As for becoming a spiritual god of an aspect already taken that should take longer than the amount of time you have here. But if you do achieve it somehow then Benefactor handwavium comes into effect. But yes generally in setting there can only be one god at a time of the same type. However tou have the spirit god of ice who exists at the same time as the spirit god of ice wind in setting. Theres some leeway.
>>
>>46789741
Thanks!
>>
>>46788696
>Oh hey, it's free
>Download
>Where did two hours go
You motherfucker. Better make that damn jump.
>>
>>46788094
With the Disputed Territories perk, do we still have access to items or are they locked like our powers? Because the implications in the setting are that it's basically a three-way hot war involving post-modern and possibly theater-scale weaponry. Odds of getting out alive for an unarmed, unarmored muggle are... well, to be blunt, I suspect they'll be fucking slim to none.
>>
>>46789956
Working on it
>>
I want to get redy to jump Tower of God as Irregular which will be my 50 jump. I'm on my 38 jump. What worlds you sugest to jump before it ?
>>
>>46790262
Blame!, Wakfu and Worm.
>>
>>46788696
>>46788743
>>46788748
>>46788760
All lies! Filthy lies!
>>
>>46790377
Elaborate. Or should I post links?
>>
>>46790394
I would enjoy a link, yes. My searches on steam have been fruitless in finding parts one and two.
>>
I always wondered what happens if I stacked Ki Kneading with Enhanced Ki from The Mightiest Disciple? How would it effect Sei and Duo ki? Or Sei Duo Goitsu?

If you go Prodigy how would you compare to other characters in the series?
>>
>>46790334
Worm I will save for 100 jump. But thanks for Blame! and Wafku.
>>
>>46788094
Drop-In [200] For once, I am in perfect agreement with the Drop-In only crowd. Fuck messing with my head.
>perks:
Newspeak [100] Knowing exactly people mean with what they say? Nice.
The Cult of Personality [100] Yes. Starting religions just got easier.
Room 101 [400] I can help people figure out what to think.
A Minority Of One [Free] My mind's my own, yes.
Re-Education [400] Breaking mind control is good.
>items:
Heresy, Special Dark, Emperor-Size [Free] hm... chocolate.
>drawbacks:
Emmanuel Goldstein's protege [+200] I'll shift my face or simply blanked myself in obscurity if I have to go around normally... Mostly through, I'll just go around and have fun with this. Being a wanted criminal is fun if they have literally no chance of capturing or holding you.

So, let's see... I think I'll start some revolutions. Like, all of them. Everywhere.

I don't really know what else to do. Screw with the Party, I guess.

Also, damn these drawbacks are punishing. Not often I take so little.
>>
File: fa5 (1).jpg (125 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
fa5 (1).jpg
125 KB, 1024x577
>>46788754
>Roll 1d8 for location
>1. Glory City
>2. Glory City
>3. Glory City
>4. Glory City
>5. Glory City
>6. Glory City
>7. Glory City
>8. Free choice! Lucky you choose from any of the above locations!
This made me chuckle. Is it supposed to stay like that?

Demon Spiritualist
>perks:
Soul Realm Cultivation [Free] So... I'm able to train my soul now, to make it EVEN MORE buff? Awesome.
Daoyin Massage Technique [100] I like massages. That's literally the only reason I take this... I feel like maybe, my priorities are a bit skewed.
Aspect of Law - Darkness [300] ...Spiritual God? Gimme. I needs it. I'll go with darkness, don't actually have much on that yet.
Souls Grace [Free] Buff Soul means I get more vanity? Awesome
Demon Soul Merge [100] Merging a demon with my soul? Sure, that's not going to go wrong at all.
Fine Control [200] Control is important.
Cultivation Master [300] I'll be good at this.
Refinement of Beauty [100] Vanity! Excellent.
Cultivating strength [200] Soul power!
>items:
Soul Weapon [100] Excellent. Merging my spear with my soul then.
Fountain of law [200] A swimming pool that makes me more spiritually buff. Awesome.
>drawbacks:
Spiritual Constellation user [+600] Pain is nothing. I can hide this, and ignore it... I think...

so, uh, pic related? I'll just try SCIENCE! here, and focus on getting my soul really buff... I mean, I already got pretty much all the strong soul perks in other jumps, so I guess I'm starting with a pretty buff soul. But it can always be better, especially if I get more prettiness/power from it.

I wonder if simply benchpressing stuff in Angel form helps...
>>
>>46790447
Any reason why you're saving Worm for so late? Blame! is technically a more hostile environment to survive in
>>
>>46790424
http://store.steampowered.com/app/313730/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/358750/
>>
>>46790472
Yeah its supposed to be like that. There are other places in this world but they require a lot of work to get to and most of the story is in glory city so far.
>>
>>46790555
Alright, well it's presented in a way that seems funny to me.

How hard would getting to the Abyss on my own be? Kinda want to see if I can take over.
>>
I just created a Jumpchain supplement and I'd like feedback. This is my first pass, and I'm almost certain it's got problems http://pastebin.com/mk5dey3Q
>>
>>46790586
Mc and company will eventually go there. The entrance is protected by a magic forcefield that reqcts badly to physical force. However the location of the entrance is pretty well known, they just dont know whats on the other side of that forcefield.
>>
>>46790626
Protip: We don't want supplements.

>free resources
>free extra storage space
>free converters

No thank you, feel free to make it into a regular CYOA though. Shoudn't be too hard to convert it into a pocket world customisation CYOA.
>>
File: AntispiralNOOOO.png (286 KB, 688x556) Image search: [Google]
AntispiralNOOOO.png
286 KB, 688x556
>Messengers free not discounted

Bother. Nothing to see here, just reassembling the Bloodborne build

Drawbacks: "Watching", "Obvious Cannibals", "The Hunted", "Curiosity", "Hunter's Dream" (1800)

Old Yharnam, Age 30

Covenant Scenario: Lumenwood Kin

"Blood Bullets" (Free).
"Rally" (Free).
"Hunter" (Free).
"Blood Bullets" (Free)
"Messengers" (Free)
"Eldritch Teachings" (1650)
"Insight" (1350)
"Blood Saint" (1050)
"Victorian Doll" (1000)
“Vile Blood” (400)
"Bloodied Combat" (0)
“Gifts From the Little Ones: Blunderbuss” (Free)
“Bag of Blood Vials” (Free)
“Bag of Quicksilver Bullets” (Free)

Covenant Scenario: Lumenwood Kin
>>
File: 1384205559072.png (65 KB, 361x322) Image search: [Google]
1384205559072.png
65 KB, 361x322
>>46788754
Damn the only good thing is I can start in the abyss so I don't immidiately get blasted in Glory city for being a giant monster thing. And my companions who can also be giant monster things. I'm glad I have a couple of human companions.

They won't immediately nuke me right? Who am I kidding of course they will.
Being a friendly monster jumper is suffering
>>
>>46790638
I dunno. It looks pretty solid and interesting to me.
>>
>>46790626
Please leave. Take it to Spacebattles, they'll appreciate your work. This place will not, no matter how much you try.
>>
>>46790672
Let us agree to disagree, then. I think it completely invalidates the point of the Warehouse's finite storage space (yes, yes I know you can do all kinds of subspace stuff but this just gives you it without any modicum of effort) and the creator appears to be unaware of the full details of where companions go in between jumps.
>>
>>46790626
Observation Deck [25CP]: This structure is at the top of the Sphere and allows you to look down upon all your creation, like some kind of god. If you have controls, they can be accessed from here instead of from the warehouse. You can even move your bedroom up here. Only you and those you invite can enter.

Friends From Home [50CP]: Did you leave friends and family back in the… the place you came from once upon a time? Beam them up. They have 5 minutes to decide if they want to join you or be returned to the moment they left from with no memory of this. Once they stay, they’re stuck until you go home for the last time or they decide to drop off into a setting for good.

Restricted Zones [25CP]: you get to set areas of the Spread (like the warehouse) off limits to some people. Like keeping kids out of the arsenal… or your friend who’s on a diet out of the fridge.

Tidal Generator [20CP]: Adds tides and ocean currents that you can shape and control.
>>
>>46790698
I'm also confused by the drydock supplement being located below the island, given it's located in the universe you jumped into.
>>
>>46790698
Well, depending on if you have housing or not, they either go into stasis or into their housing, where they then sit around doing nothing while your imported 8 Companions get to have fun. For a decade at a time.
>>
>>46790747
Are...are you just ignoring me and the other guy telling you we don't want it here? I'll say it again-it sounds like it would make a nice CYOA. It just doesn't have a place in Jumpchain. None of the supplements are well-liked and the only reason they're still around is essentially as a memento of our early days.
>>
>>46790754
It is also accessible from your warehouse, as far as I knew.
>>
>>46790774
Just ignore him. It's not getting onto the drive so you might as well just laugh and forget about him.
>>
>>46790747
>or be returned to the moment they left from with no memory of this.

You know time is frozen in your home universe? And all other ones you're not in?
>>
>>46790770

Okay, I stand corrected-

>>46790780
-fair enough.
>>
>>46790698
I honestly hate the current companion system. Feels like you're treating them like over-glorified Pokemon.
>>
>>46790626
what >>46790638 said but here is some constructive criticism

>You have 500 CP to start with (plus 12 per jump you've already completed) and gain 10 for each jump after you build the spread.

And like that you've lost me, this is not a mechanic we ever approve of.

>>Small Fauna Generator
>>Big Fauna Generator
>>megabeasts

Note there are no benchmarks on what you can't make with this, pretty major thing to be missing. People are also going to use it to make unlimited toriko animals and that's going to be broken as all hell

>>Transport Disks

a fair number of jumpers go for size, this lot help a lot of us due to the weight limit.

>>Pollution Scrubber

Most early jumpers will literally have to take this, It's a CP tax

>>Utilities

bad form all around, if you insist on creating this supplement remove completely

>>Rare Substance Mine

broken, mining can be automated at least you didn't say the mine could never be mined out.

>>Adventure Zone

At least you're not letting us use wildlife from places we have jumped.

>>Big City
you just supplemented a supplement what the hell are you doing?
>>
>>46790774
Yes. I am exactly ignoring you. I find the supplements interesting and the warehouse's lack of growth frustrating. Maybe the supplements aren't the best, but the warehouse is too static and fairly dull on its own. Part of becoming a godlike entity (with the goal of becoming a planeswalker) is to have your own realm. One where your followers or friends or harem can be and do stuff when you're not there.
>>
>>46790800
Go back a few threads and look at where people point out all the solutions retards like yourself ignore so you can give yourself extra freebies. It's pathetic how you have to be handed this instead of making it yourself in the chain. Part of becoming a godlike entity is actually becoming one, not being handed everything from the start.
>>
This train of thought is going over a cliff. So on a different topic, Jumpers: When have you played vigilante? Was it a serious campaign against someone you opposed with all your strength, or just a kooky hobby?

>>46790795
I won't say it's perfect, but it's also a damn sight better than "you start with all kinds of advantages and ridiculous oodles of resources to do with as you please because lol idk"
>>
>>46790654
To be fair if you look like a giant monster people are going to try and murder you for your demon soul regardless of location. If you arent humanoid or possibly a golem then people will probably assume you are a demon.
>>
>>46790800
>I am exactly ignoring you

I wasn't even going to get involved in this disaster, but those are exactly the worst words you could have typed in order to convince this (or any, really) community to approve of your work.

You do realise jumps only get uploaded to the drive if they're approved of by a majority consensus in the thread? You're offering freebies in a manner that's been rejected for over hundreds of threads.

Nobody would care if you just fanwanked something unofficial and never talk about it here, but trying to get it approved as an "official" part of jumpchain is futile.
>>
>>46790800
>but the warehouse is too static and fairly dull on its own.
Then you just don't have any idea of the many, many upgrades to it scattered throughout the chain.
Upgrades you have to actually get over time rather than just have handed to you by a supplement.
Also, the fact you just hand over a budget to get all the stuff from the warehouse you didn't buy then is fucking retarded.
>>
>>46790798
Thank you for the legitimate feedback.
You say I've lost you with the mechanic, you mean the growth potential?

What benchmark would you recommend for the generator. I'm not familiar with Toriko.

The transport disks, also, 3/4ths of a ton in personal transport is insufficient?

The Pollution Scrubber was intended to benefit people who want to make their Spreads into Factories.

Why are Utilities bad form?

How would you advise fixing the Rare Substance Mine to avoid brokenness?
>>
>>46790815
Theoretically, if someone made a jump with something like the companion housing, where they could go instead of being frozen in time, and it actually fit with the setting and was appropriately priced, would that be allowed?
>>
>>46790798
I actually agree with you, completely, for a change. It's alarming, but true.

>>46790800
Enjoy ignoring the entire thread, then.
>>
>>46790868
It's alresdy been done. Look at Uncharted Waters.
>>
File: sipaphotosfour908443_0.jpg (58 KB, 790x440) Image search: [Google]
sipaphotosfour908443_0.jpg
58 KB, 790x440
>>46790800
>Maybe the supplements aren't the best, but the warehouse is too static and fairly dull on its own. Part of becoming a godlike entity (with the goal of becoming a planeswalker) is to have your own realm.

>he thinks the Warehouse isn't your realm
>he doesn't know about all the warehouse upgrades scattered in the jumps
>he doesn't know the pain of CP taxes
>>
>>46790868
People already have. The sort of idiot who supports the housing supplements are the same ones who ignore that people have repeatedly given examples of places that do such a thing, such as Webmage, as well as places that give you properties that transfer over jumps, such as Resident Evil or Van Helsing.
>>
>>46790868
Actually it's already kosher; there's one from Webmage and Golden Sky Stories.

The important defining features of those is they don't also give you lots of resources and infrastructure for absolutely no reason, just a place your companions can stay.

>>46790860
How long have you been here? Do you realise who, exactly, is giving you feedback? The fact even BANCHO realises it's a bad idea should tell you a lot.
>>
>>46790860
>Why are Utilities bad form?
>Why is making a new supplement offering more cp to buy stuff from an old supplement bad form?
You're not too bright, are you?
>>
File: 1456951202217.jpg (82 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1456951202217.jpg
82 KB, 600x400
>>46790815
I did it in my first Jump actually, right out of the gate in Pokemon. The various Team Rockets and Magmas and what-have-yous of each land were annoying at the best of times and downright dangerous at their worst. I would hardly say it was a dedicated campaign, but I did make a habit of wrecking their plans and stealing their Pokemon whenever I was given a chance.

My crowning achievement was freeing an entire shipment of pissed off Houndours and Ekans inside Team Rocket's headquarters and watching the ensuing chaos.
>>
>>46790833
I was ignore the comment to piss off. If I did that, I wouldn't learn, wouldn't get feedback, wouldn't have any idea why the idea was despised besides simply being a supplement.
>>46790841
Yes, I haven't read even a 10th of all 500 jumps, so I was unaware of more than a few self replicating items to add to the warehouse. But stuff like budgeting is why I requested feedback. Just because a supplement hasn't been liked before doesn't mean it is impossible to create one that might be liked. I'd like to try.
>>
>>46790475
Not him, but Worm requires you to either have some plan for dealing with the final boss (who is a continent-sized eldritch abomination that you can only kill one human-sized mass at a time), or sentence the world to a slow death by Endbringer. Or deal with the Endbringers, I suppose, but they're basically the poster children for why authors shouldn't interact with their fandoms. Meanwhile, in BLAME!, you can wander around an astronomical-sized labyrinth for ten years without any problem.
>>
>>46790881
I still haven't forgiven Red for the Matrix's Rave Cave tax.

I will never forgive.
>>
>>46790877
>>46790899
>>46790902
Huh. Well, that's neat.

I've never actually looked into it before, because I only have a few companions.
>>
>>46790921
You don't understand. I've seen less broken supplements than yours get rejected. It should be clear to you by now there is an overwhelming majority consensus against your idea.

Just give up. No good will come of this, and if you ever make a jump in the future it'll be tainted by association with your moniker
>>
>>46790921
Then you'll fail and we'll chuckle and forget about you in a day. Have fun.
>>
>>46790921
>Yes, I haven't read even a 10th of all 500 jumps, so I was unaware of more than
So, basically, you just decided existing options were shit and that you'd remake them without even knowing what the existing options were. Nobody wants your shit as a supplement. Get that through your head.
>>
>>46790924
Eh. Just kill Jack and come back to deal with the other problems post-spark.
>>
>>46790868
There's already a bunch of those.

Through I don't there's one where they could roam the Warehouse, which would be pretty awesome in my opinion.

>>46790881
This guy gets it. Damn CP taxes.

>>46790921
>I haven't read even a 10th of all 500 jumps
...Read more, I say. Read more before trying to make something.
>>
>>46790902
How long? A week. And I hadn't realized how exclusive a club this was. I'm a damned filthy casual who discovered Jumpchain 9 days ago and thought it would be cool to give something back, since I had no idea about any of the politics or hate about Supplements, or CP tax or any of that. I just liked the idea. I didn't really expect the level of vitriol.
>>
>>46790921
>I'd like to try

You failed the minute you posted "Yes, I'm ignoring you". This is the easiest way to piss off people on an imageboard

>>46790924
>you can wander

Yeah, if you have a deathwish. The nature of the GBE is such that it's one of the few weapons I'm convinced could kill an Endbringer, and I have no doubt the higher level Safeguards could 1v1 one of them.
>>
>>46790965
And now you know better. It's all a process of learning and hopefully you take these lessons to heart.
>>
>>46790965
Oh. Okay, then.

Well, now you know I guess.

I'm almost sorry you had to find this out the hard way, but yeah-this stuff has been a dealbreaker for a while.
>>
>>46790965
>And I hadn't realized how exclusive a club this was.
It's not an exclusive fucking club. If it was, Bancho wouldn't be here, because he is near-universally loathed as a disgusting moron, and even he can see your shit is a bad idea.
>>
BUT LET'S TALK ABOUT SOME WONDERFUL SHIT, THO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff52-g00L-Y

OR WEIRD SHIT, IF YA WANT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0d5ppiKYI
>>
File: 1408572187375.png (251 KB, 592x621) Image search: [Google]
1408572187375.png
251 KB, 592x621
>>46790820
Damn it. Looks like I'll have to run for a little bit. It might take a bit of convincing to make them not want my soul. P-perhaps they'll accept a contract or something? I don't like hurting innocent people.
>>
>>46790965
I just want to reiterate you could probably still make this into a regular CYOA about owning your own pocket world and it'd be decently received. Although a lot of people might ask you to include some manner of waifu option
>>
>>46790992
>Don't like hurting innocent people
South America called, they said "Yeah, right."
>>
So I should go back and trash the choices I made in the Spacedock and Companion Housing and Housing Complex too? Because those are more points just handed over too. Are the Body Mod and Warehouse supplements accepted because they're QUicksilvers? I don't understand the disdain for them. And if I don't learn here from asking questions, then reading 500 jumps of wildly varying quality isn't going to help much.
>>
>>46790992
You all could always just sit down, calm down, and talk it out.
>>
>>46790994
I could, but I'm enjoying the Jumpchain vibe. It's the only CYOA that's ever made me feel like actually writing something instead of just... making some choices in my mind and throwing the results away.
>>
>>46790860
1. Yes exactly that's not how we do things here a CP budget is a one-time thing.
2. I say limiting it to real animals
3. Oh goodness no, we have planet -sized jumpers, a jumper who is a multi-verse onto themselves, and a lot of kaiju jumpers
3. By making pollution not scrubbed automatically that means anyone who doesn't create an entire functioning ecology is doomed because they will run out of air unless they no longer require it.
4. Because they're already in the warehouse supplement, it's impolite for lack of a better term to subvert the CP budget of a jump by providing the exact same things without good reason, you clearly have the creativity to offer something besides utilities so offer something you can't get in any of the other supplements at least.
4. Not having it, or at least limiting it to real rare substances rather than giving everyone infinite amounts of vibranium,Australium,Octiron etc.
>>46790965
it's more that your inexperience shows, I say read through the jumps on the drive and learn more about how we do things by lurking for another week. Expect a lot of salt as well, the community here is pretty vicious ,it will be pretty decent as a regular CYOA, but our tastes as a community are pretty different than the CYOA general, it's more often about experiencing the universe and influencing it as a out of context problem then power and when it is power it's more about putting together combinations of things from different universes then being handed power out right.
>>46791012
Spacedock and Companion Housing are not looked highly upon,Body Mod and Warehouse are very low-power.
>>46791031
that's the magic we have, if you are actually taking jumps and writing about them please post what you're making, it's the kind of thing we really enjoy.
>>
>>46791012
Correct, only quicksilver and specific jump supplements (Fate servant, spyro dragon shape) are accepted.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.