[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard General - /stg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Sorin__Fucking_Pissed.jpg (192 KB, 632x880) Image search: [Google]
Sorin__Fucking_Pissed.jpg
192 KB, 632x880
We Need New Decks Edition

Will the Bant Company train ever hit the brakes? Will Avacyn reach Jace prices? Has anyone discovered a good counter to white than more white? Find out on this edition of the standard general!

Mono-Black Zombie Tribal: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dead-zone-1/
>>
I've been testing with RDW and have so far managed to best control and bant decks.

Then I faced a White Humans deck.

Should I quit standard after investing in red? Don't really have the cash to invest in something else by Game Day
>>
>>46785364
Bant will hit the breaks after rotation.

Humans will not. It'll undoubtedly survive rotation because EM will add more humans, as will the block that comes after.

I went 4-0 with Monowhite humans. Control/TiTi just couldn't keep me off long enough. Red Eldrazi couldn't keep me from crunching through attacks. Green/White humans were too slow. Superfriends got smashed before they got rolling.
>>
>>46785364
I play a pretty fun and janky esper planeswalkers deck. I've done pretty good at holding the line against Aggro with my 3 Flaying Tendrils and 3 languish post board. It straight up dies to ulamog and chained wolrdbreakers though.
>>
I miss combo
>>
Has anybody managed to consistently find a way to pull of the Briarbridge/Journal combo?
>>
How long before Hangarback Walker's price dips? I want to make a casual deck and I need that dude.
>>
File: 1460437446453.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
1460437446453.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>46785364
>Will bant company train ever hit the breaks?
Once CoCo rotates bant will slow its roll

>Will Avacyn reach Jace prices?
Possibly, white is undoubtedly strong right now and despite the 10 or so ways to deal with avacyn as is the same case with jace, people will run it because its still a decent card even without flipping.

>Has anyone discovered a good counter to white than more white?

Plenty of green to deal with enchantments but nobody capitalizes on it, blue still has negate say what you will but 2 cmc counterspell that hits enchantments is nice and clash of wills. Black has ultimate price and complete disregard. Red I don't know because I'm not very adept at red. Now I will probably get replies telling me why my suggested cards suck because of reasons
>>
>>46785885
There aren't any creatures worth S&Ting in standard right now. Eldrazi ETB effects are cast-dependent. There is nothing else remotely worth the combo.

I miss worldspine wurm. I miss combo.
>>
>>46786273
There's Gaea's Revenge but that's just a big dumb attacker
>>
>>46786140
Red just never touches enchantments. I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong about anything, since there are ways to deal with Always Watching, but Red itself just can't do it. Luckily most people aren't playing just red with no other colors.
>>
>>46786387
It costs 7, you might as well just ramp into it.

Also,
>no trample
wtf were they thinking
>>
I definitely need some suggestions - I'm building a G/W deck, but I don't know whether to focus on tokens and flipping Westvale, or using clues to tutor Ulamog.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-04-16-gw-clues/
>>
>>46786388
It is a shame, red typically kills artifacts or majority of the time, creatures via burn. Fortunately for me my local meta doesn't run the new flavor of standard. Mostly people running homebrew or alterations of top 8. But the other weakness of white is a shitty starting hand
>>
>>46785640
I was about to call you an idiot for thinking eternal masters was a standard set. But then I realized eldritch moon shares the same acronym. That's tilting
>>
>>46786637
You think about adding secure the wastes in? Cryptolith Rite chains together nicely with it
>>
>>46786745
Yeah,. I think Eternal Masters is called EMA officially for that reason, and Eldrich moon is EMN. I don't expect anyone to do that though.

I do just want a fucking list for eternal masters though. I want to see if some jank common I use for pauper are getting reprinted in new frames.
>>
>>46786648
I wonder how well a card like despise would have worked against the mono white we're seeing now

Also, would hand disruption like Nightsnare and Mind Rot work?
>>
>>46787069
Duress is a viable option, can't remove creatures but it can still remove always watching, but it might be for naught since they can just put it back on top using not forgotten. Transgress the mind is also a good choice since it can permanently remove any dangerous cards before they hit the field. Nightsnare costs too much for what it does and mind rot would be viable if not forgotten was a thing. Best option I can see to beat white is Gx for now.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humans-on-innistrad/

Continuing the trend of G/W. I'm not going to pretend this is a good deck or anything, but it's build out of the collection that I have, and there's at least somewhat of a general direction that I'm hoping to take this deck, mainly by using the Hanweirs and investigation synergy.

It's not going to get top spot, but it's a deck I built myself, and so far it plays better than any intro pack. It's my first real attempt to break into Magic in anything other than the most casual kitchen table.

Any thoughts at all? Cards I absolutely should try and get going forward? Beyond the obvious 'get 4 Collected Companies, get 4 Declaration in stones', etc. Maybe I'll consider the latter, but the former is only going to be in standard until the second Innistrad set, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>46787210
CoCo will be in standard until the next set after Eldritch Moon.

Also, for cards. Two stand out choices right off the bat. Consul's Lieutenant from Origins, and Thalia's Lieutenant. You want 4 of Thalia's, the amount of the other is variable.

I'd also cut Second Harvest. The only really good token generation is clues, and you don't need to double your clues in a deck that's trying to win quickly.
>>
>>46787360
That's unfortunate. Still, it's going to be easier trying to trade for cards in Innistrad than for well-established value, I'd imagine. I'm new, I'm not about to break the bank out of the gate. I'll consider Collected Company if the opportunity arises.

Consul's Lieutenant looks alright, it's not bad for the price point.

Thalia's Lieutenant, however, I've already resigned myself to the fact that they're basically essential. Will do.

And I'm not too broken up about dropping Second Harvest. My brother wants it for his Selesnya deck, so I'll make it a gift.

My last deck was a brilliantly put together not at all Sludge Strider deck. Glad to know I'm not being a complete retard about it this time, thanks anon.
>>
>>46787432
CoCo is good, but white humans doesn't need it to put the pressure on. It's a premium for the deck, but it doesn't do as much work in this deck as it does in other decks.

Consul's Lieutenant is just really good. If you can get evasion on it, you're going to have a really good time. I really like Gryff's Boon for that. It's a 1 drop uncommon that gives +1/0 and flying, and can recur itself from the graveyard to play.

You also don't seem to have a lot of cards that give keyword abilities, so Odric isn't really needed. However, if you end up running Gryff's Boon, he can give all your creatures flying, which might just be a blowout.
>>
>>46787499
So how many stds are you guys rocking? That's standard decks for those not in the know.
>>
>>46787499
Odric's presence in the deck is reliant on what resources I have. If I decide that Gryff's Boon is a good fit, (which you've made a good case for) and I have another Odric, I'll try and get in another Hope against Hope, a True Faith Censer, even Nahiri's Machinations. If the deck instead turns hyper aggressive without as many tricks, then I'll lose him. As it stands, he's doing more good than harm.

Junk cards like the extra Veteran Cathar, or the Inspiring Captains go first. Especially if I get a playset of Thalia's, or more Trackers to replace the Couriers.
>>
>>46787529
3. RG werewolf tribal, UB Eldrazi control, and BG elves
>>
>>46787175
>Transgress the mind is also a good choice since it can permanently remove any dangerous cards before they hit the field

Transgress the Mind is useless against mono white humans because it only hits CMC 3 or more
>>
Any sweet Jund decklists people wanna show off?
>>
So I'm trying to find a deck for standard and I don't like the meta decks right now. So I was looking around at some cards and I thinking about elves it looks sweet but I don't think it's goo enough/has much game against some of the meta decks.

Here's the list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-04-16-Ezg-abzan-elves/

Opinions?
>>
>>46785505
I've found that going a little bigger in the post-sideboard game, with reality smashers and removal, can help against this matchup
>>
>>46789400
Here's one: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jundy-mundy-1/
>>
Is it possible to build a standard deck that uses tokens/investigate to play fast, use Westvale Abbey but not really rely on big combos - and do well?
>>
>>46785640
I feel like losing Kytheon is a fairly big deal so when that rotates out the deck might get weaker.
>>
I keep seeing the mono-white weenies and Bant company decks at SCG tournaments but apparently my local card shop hasn't gotten the message because the past FNM was all BW and Esper control decks. The one bant company deck there got shredded.
>>
>>46790159
I might be a faggot.

Actually, I just havent played in years. What's Bant?
>>
>>46790170
White Blue Green
>>
>>46790180
So what the fuck is a bant company deck?
>>
>>46790219
A deck that runs the best 3 cost creatures of those colors so it can cheat them out with collected company.
>>
File: DDUJpKG.png (372 KB, 579x351) Image search: [Google]
DDUJpKG.png
372 KB, 579x351
>>46790275
goddammit. this is what im goign to come across at FNM this week, isnt it?
>>
>>46789524
RDW, not Eldrazi RDW

Best I could do is Thunderbreak Regents but they run Angels.

The only other card that I saw possibly being viable is Impact Tremors.
>>
>>46790285
Thought the same so I built a control deck to beat it and apparently everyone else was on the same wavelength and only one bant deck showed up and zero human decks did. Guess it depends on your shop.
>>
>>46785898
It won't. It's actually lower than it should be because you can get it in a preconstruced deck. It will probably be a 25 dollar card 5 years from now.
>>
>>46790397
well, im building a g/w token deck. but not like the one on CF, but pretty similar. I don't have a shitload of money to run 4x of 2 different planeswalkers in my deck
>>
>>46790442
Tokens have too many responses. All meta decks run either languish, declaration in stone or virulent plague.
>>
>>46790460
yeah and im trying to play around it somehow. I'm sticking 4x Thalia's Lieutenants and 4x Tireless Trackers in the deck. I'm also putting in 1 G/R dual land and 1 W/S dual land as well as 1 R/S into the deck so I can cast x2 Olivia, Mobilized for War to maybe beef them a little.

Really though, I just wanna play and have fun. I don't mind if I lose. As long as I don't get completely dominated.
>>
>>46790504
Best bet is just to splash some blue for negates and mizzium meddlers.
>>
>>46790532
So, I could sideboard a couple port towns, negates and mizzium medler (as well as islands), but run Olivia in the main and just sideboard if I see those cards?
>>
>>46790590
I would recommend dropping olivia if you're running g/w. 4 colors is just too hard to do and Olivia doesn't offer much of a benefit. Would just replace her Dromoka's commands or, if you splash blue, reflector mages.
>>
>>46790618
To be honest, Olivia hasn't really made a difference in my play testing.

I'll definitely look into just splashing blue. Im going to my LGS later, I'll see what I can snatch up.
>>
>>46790504
Olivia doesn't have much benefit for you. If you're not running madness, you're not getting her full value.
>>
File: 1393081033954.gif (393 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1393081033954.gif
393 KB, 640x360
I want to run a U/R Horror deck with some counterspells and burns. What can I put in it to make it as effective as possible?
>>
>>46790646
Try to get as much madness as possible in the deck. Cards like stitchwing and masterpiece are gigantic discard outlets so not getting the full potential from those would be a drawback. Cards like senseless rage, just the wind, broken concentration, fiery temper and fiery impulse would be amazing in that deck.
>>
>>46790646
if possible, splashing black would also be great so that you can get prized amalgam, and some removal.
>>
>>46787577
Just wanted to say that the mono white humans player who won the last scg played 3 Gryffs boon and in the post win interview said he would add a 4th. It's just a strong way to beat decks like banter who gum up the ground with the ability to have a recurring flying threat.
>>
What if I use decent of the dragons with dragon tempest, turn little dudes big and kill in one turn?
>>
>>46790724
I'd be willing to bet aim high will start to see some sideboard play in bant decks.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 480x357
Going to GP NY in a few weeks and I'm conflicted on what to run. Both lists I've been testing seem to do well against humans and alright versus CoCo but I'm not sure which is better against a broader field.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-04-16-rw-control/
Or
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-04-16-wqL-mardu-midrange/
>>
>>46790742
Sounds like fun win-more strategy. Splash some white for tokens and things get out of hand.
>>
>>46790762
That mardu definitely needs some secure the wastes. It's just a bit too slow to deal with a fast weenie deck. RW looks pretty solid though.
>>
>>46790618
if i splash blue and i have x2 port town and x2 traverse the ulvenwald, should I just do 1 island?
>>
>>46790805
Yes, you should also run some Evolving wilds.
>>
>>46790776
Secure the wasted. But should I ramp, run protection or just card draw or something to make it happen fast
>>
>>46790828
Best bet is to run some more later game life gain to pull the game back after taking an inevitable early game beating. Think Alhammarets archive (also make use of this with tormenting voice and if you're feeling insane, pyromancer's goggles), Kalitas and Ayli. Hell maybe even side some chaplain's blessings.
>>
File: WG Clues.jpg (591 KB, 2400x1200) Image search: [Google]
WG Clues.jpg
591 KB, 2400x1200
So after mulling around in casual tabletop play for ages and pulling a foil Ulvenwald and a foil Fortified Village, I figured it's time I make a solid Standard deck. I think I've got a solid base deck down, but I'm having trouble deciding on filling the sideboard since I've never had to make one before.
>>
>>46790762
What matchup does the 4x of Sin Prodder come in against?
>>
>>46791213
I've been bringing it in against the grindy matchups where the board stalls out and the incremental damage pressures them. They're still in the preliminary testing stages since I've seen so many lists running them, but I feel like Scab-Clan Beserkers might just be better. What do you think?
>>
>>46789681
play red white and use secure the wastes, dragon fodder, chandra impact tremors and devil's playground
>>
>>46791347
I'm personally a huge fan of prodder. Scab-clan's problem is that it requires you to get in before it gets online, and in a game where board states can stall that is a major issue. Prodder's passive pressure starts immediately, and he carries evasion with him. Also Scab-Clan only hurts on noncreatures.
>>
>>46790646
Forgotten Creation
>>
>>46790918
Looks a bit too casual atm. You wanna make some changes:

Cut: Bywar Courier, Briarbridge, Odric, Weirding Wood, Mysteries, Journal and Vessel

Add: 4 Thalia's Lieutenant, one more Tireless Tracker, 4 Dragon Hunter, 4 Knight of the White Orchid, 4 Consols Lieutenant, 4 Always Watching.

Humans wants to hit the ground hard and hit it running. Your deck needs a higher creature count for that to work.
>>
So I'm wondering if I should go Mono White Humans and sell off the G/W Duals I have, or stick with G/W?

Thoughts, opinions?
>>
>>46788326
>its useless
>still hits avacyn, always watching, and collected company

Sure pal
>>
>>46791507
>mono white humans
>coco

I'll admit Avacyn and Always Watching but that's 5 cards (6 if there's two of avacyn in a deck) and none of these are the ones the deck absolutely needs to win
>>
>>46786941
Eternal Masters is called EMA because Modern Masters is called MMA
>>
I brewed up a b/r madness vampire deck that plays well enough, but is completely shut down by white in general. Are there any answers available to its removal and life gain? I'm throwing in some alms of the vein to help balance out life totals, but I'm fucked against their exile enchantments. Do I just need to build something else entirely up?
>>
File: 1460167828444.png (11 KB, 383x399) Image search: [Google]
1460167828444.png
11 KB, 383x399
>>46791521
I thought we were talking about bant coco my bad. As for the humans themselves, you can use complete disregard, bone splinters, ruinous path, death wind, and celestial flare. I know there's more than those that I listed but its all I can be bothered to list but I will still get excuses as to why the cards I listed are unplayable
>>
>>46791639
White has a critical mass of exile removal. The traditional area where black and red excel (getting shit out of the graveyard) is off limits.

Bow to the new white overlords
>>
>>46785364
>Has anyone discovered a good counter to white than more white?

Languish and Flaying Tendrils are where it's at. If you manage to Infinite Obliteration a Thalia's Lieutenant before they get one down, that can be pretty devastating. You'd need to be on the play for that one to work out in your favor though
>>
>>46791684
The discussion was about the ways to attack the hand, though, and the consensus was that there was no real good way of attacking the hand right now

I seriously hope EMA has a reprint of despise because that card would fuck mono-white and bant company so hard
>>
>>46790918

>Odric
Doesn't look like has much fuel beyond Bishop and a few instants.
>>
File: 1459184978424.png (38 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1459184978424.png
38 KB, 240x240
>>46791417
I wanna stay away from Dragons since it's up to cycle out next, and I want this deck to last a while as is. I'll throw in Consul though. I'm a cheap shit at the moment though so Thalia's Lieutenant and Orchid is a bit out of my price range at the moment.

>>46791724
The idea was that I'd trigger Westvale Abbey to flip so everyone got Ormendahl's abilities through Odric, but I guess that's a bit too janky to consider worth it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/without-clues-you-lose/

>>46791724
>>
>>46791722
Infinite Obliteration?Also tormented thoughts as bad as it is. Maybe a reprint of despise will help though
>>
>>46786941
I'm going to force EMO as the acronym if they keep focussing on the angstwalkers.
>>
>>46791820
>Infinite Obliteration
Too slow. By the time you're casting this he's hitting you for 6 / turn
>>
File: superfriends.png (403 KB, 1864x918) Image search: [Google]
superfriends.png
403 KB, 1864x918
current iteration. looking to cut one card for an avacyn - probably a secure.
>>
File: ace attorney.jpg (30 KB, 243x269) Image search: [Google]
ace attorney.jpg
30 KB, 243x269
>>46791876
Well then I honestly don't know what to tell you. I gave the cards that I know will work and I got reasons
>>
Thoughts? Suggestions? Delusional ravings?
>>
File: 4RcI794lvy_Nahiri.jpg (128 KB, 750x640) Image search: [Google]
4RcI794lvy_Nahiri.jpg
128 KB, 750x640
I'm running a RW Ally Equips list, I call it Nahiri.dck
It's a coin flip against Bant Company, literally. If you win the first Coin Flip, you outpace it and before Collected Company drops it's already too late. You get outpaced and lose game 2 and outpace it and win game 3, if you lose the coin flip you lose game 1, win game 2 and lose game 3. White Humans just outpace it, I can't do anything about it yet.
Midrange anything is just ded. This deck can eat up languish, kozilek's return and tendrils all day, get board cleared and still hit for 6 next turn anyway.

It's consistent, I'm thinking about what to do with humans. Maybe sideboard more removal?
>>
>>46792795
>Nahiri.dck

lewd
>>
>>46786764
To go with Westvale? And shit, those things are like 10 bucks a piece now.
>>
>>46785885
>>46786273
How about Ulamog? If you get him out early with that it could sweep.
>>
>>46792795
deck list?
>>
Who else is going super generic and plays W (/G) Humans?

They're pretty fun for being so straight-forward.
>>
File: 1457584674305.jpg (377 KB, 1000x751) Image search: [Google]
1457584674305.jpg
377 KB, 1000x751
>>46793220
Creatures:
Angelic Captain x1
Reckless Bushwhacker x3
Weapons Trainer x4
Stone Haven Outfitter x4
Kor Bladewhirl x4
Consul's Lieutentat x2
Kyteon, Hero of Akros x2
Munda, Ambush Leader x2

Sorcery:
Declaration in Stone x4
Always Watching x4

Equips:
Strider Harness x1
Stormrider Rig x2
Captain's Claws x4

Planeswalkers:
Nahiri, the Harbinger x2

Lands:
4x Needle Spires
4x Battlefield Forge
8x Plains
4x Mountains

Accepting suggestions.
>>
>>46793534
I'm working on revising my R/W ally deck into equipment, now that they stopped with allies.
>>
>>46793744
I still see reason to play Allies because they have great Synergy with Equips.
Kor Bladewhirl makes every swing terrifying to block. You sideboard Firemantle Mage to clear blockers and Lantern Scout for Aggro Matchups.
>>
>>46793936
I'll probably convert it over, while keeping a lot of the ally synergy - mostly because I have a BFZ gideon and not an origins one.
>>
File: P4210734.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
P4210734.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
>>46785640
I just bought into the human meme deck too.

Went 3-1 at today's event, walked home with 4 packs. Only lost to the guy who played BW removal.dek

The deck is just stupid good, but I'm not sure why all the list uses Town Gossipmongers x3 or x4. Why play that over say, the W for 2/1 BFZ vanilla human ally? This deck has no real long term plans anyway. Isn't it better to just play a 2/1 on turn one, then start smacking face from turn 2, instead of playing a 1/1 who transforms to 2/3 on T2, but could only attack at T3 onwards?
>>
> Jund Superfriends looks so much fun if it could get off the ground
> IF
> Meanwhile Bang CoCo and White Humans becoming more and more popular at my scene

I thought the removal of Fetches would improve things.
>>
>>46794073
>Why don't they run Expedition Envoy
They Do?
the deck that was at Baltimore ran two of them, along with the gossipmongers.
the humans deck runs almost every 2/1 already, like Dragon Hunter and Expedition Envoy. Gossipmonger is a good creature because you're playing a lot of creatures, so flipping it isn't hard.
>>
File: 1457932076368.png (60 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457932076368.png
60 KB, 200x200
>>46793184
>get offered advice
>complain about the price

Jesus why are people who play standard so nitpicky and unaccepting of any suggestions given to them, if you want to make a good, competitive deck you gotta be willing to spend some $$$ or £ if you're muslim.
>>
How effective is Fall of the Titans against Humans?

Looking for some sideboard options for my RDW deck and all I can see is sideboarding into a fuckton of removal.
>>
File: 1454336277292.jpg (29 KB, 364x394) Image search: [Google]
1454336277292.jpg
29 KB, 364x394
>>46785364
Is it worth it to commit to B/R vampires and buy the expensive cards or should i switch to another deck before i invest?
>>
>>46794880
It's more about the fact that the last time I looked at them they were $3-4. It's just a part of magic, I suppose. If I had bought a hundred gideon's when they were $3 apiece I'd be rich as hell, but alas.
>>
>>46791639

>Are there any answers available to its removal and life gain?

Sac outlets and Tainted Remedy.
>>
>>46793199
his exile doesn't trigger and he dies/bows to white too easily.
>>
I need some advice on that WG Delirium deck I was talking about on the last thread. Here's what I have.

1 Archangel Avacyn
2 Deathcap Cultivator
2 Moorland Drifter
4 Topplegeist
3 Inexorable Blob
4 Paranoid Parish-Blade
1 Odric, Lunarch Marshal
3 Soul Swallower
3 Wild-Field Scarecrow

3 Expose Evil
2 Survive the Night
3 Angelic Purge
2 Not Forgotten
3 Vessel of Nascency

2 Evolving Wilds
2 Warped Landscape
2 Fortified Village
11 Plains
7 Forest

I was considering getting a couple of Always Watching to replace Survive the Night and more Fortfied Villages
>>
File: 161744-Tireless-Tracker.jpg (88 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
161744-Tireless-Tracker.jpg
88 KB, 500x377
I think Klomparens had the right idea to combating the meta, but royally fucked it up when she put Avacyn's Judgment in her sb.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nayahiri/

I'd already rather have an additional Avacyn, but I pulled these two, and I'm a canadian so the card is 70$ right now..
>>
File: hotdogman.png (164 KB, 292x286) Image search: [Google]
hotdogman.png
164 KB, 292x286
>tfw W/U Spirits

Toppel into Rattlechains into Bygone feels so good
>>
>>46795892
Assuming its not tight budget I would remove both moorland drifter. Maybe get some vessel of ephemera, gryff's boon, and groundskeeper.
>>
>>46796080
mah nigga!
Last friday I taught a bant company player the meaning of value with Ojutai's Command -> bring back rattlechains, effectively countering a declaration in stone while also drawing a card.
>>
>>46796080
Throw out a decklist for that m8
>>
>>46796153
Thanks for the answer. The budget is not super tight but I'd rather use cards I have. I think I have one vessel of ephemera and one Gryph's boon, so I'll put one of each.
>>
>>46796184
I have 2 mainboard Ojutai's Commands. Card does work.
Essence Flux has also been doing a lot for me with Toppel's instant speed tap, Rattle's hexproof and Reflector's bouncing all while bolstering because of Anafenza. Deck just has so much synergy.
>>
>>46796237
Depends of your meta but here is the jist.

4x Toppelgeist
4x Rattlechains
2x Anafenza, Kin-tree Spirit
4x Bygone Bishop
4x Reflector Mage
2x Erdwal Illuminator (for bishop's clues)
4x Mirror Mockery (It can be good depending on what your opp is playing but I usually slap it on reflector mage. Also good for delirium)
4x Essence Flux
2x Ojutai's Command

The rest depends on what kind of w/u shell you want to build around it. Go more clue heavy, counterspells, pacifism, etc.
>>
>>46796338
seems like my list, you're running Archangel of Tithes as well? It's funny fluxing it against a WX humans and suddenly the entire attack phase whiffs.
>>
>>46796237
not that anon but this
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-04-16-CqL-spirits/
is what I am trying to build for U/W spirits.
>>
>>46796504
I am not sure how much I want to go for getting delirium in this deck since the only thing that really benefits is topplegeist but it is very good when you have delirium.
>>
>>46796504
Use 4 evolving wilds to get delirium easier for Toppelgeist. Also thins out your deck.
>>
>>46797069
Good suggestion, I will probably also add 1 or 2 westvale abbeys at some point because they are nice to have for a big swing, especially when I have so many little creatures.
>>
>>46796478
That mirror mockery can be used on opponents creatures as well to discourage attacking from a large creature that you can then block with
>>
>>46796478
Looks similar to the U/W budget deck tech on YouTube, so I'll assume that's about as well as the deck can be made. He had geist of saint traft in though claiming it basically as a 3/3 haste creature for 3 mana. Pacifism is only other difference I can remember really. Looks good for the price aside from throwing in port towns/prairie stream
>>
File: 1457138348321.jpg (115 KB, 623x414) Image search: [Google]
1457138348321.jpg
115 KB, 623x414
I'm a newbie of immense caliber, can someone help me be less shit at deckbuilding?
http://deckstats.net/deck-9832291-5ff167534bdffb13c29399d4fac144fd.html
>>
>>46797535
Try to run more 4 ofs it will make your draws more consistent, try to run better land sources so that you don't get stuck not being able to play half your deck. Do not run chaplain's blessing it is terrible, you seem to be building a madnessish deck try to focus on mechanics that synergize better.
>>
>>46797535
Another thing, you should run exactly 60 cards to also help with consistency.
>>
>>46795536
West vale started at fifteen and dropped to ten after official release, not sure where the hell you were seeing them for under that
>>
File: tourneyfag.jpg (22 KB, 254x225) Image search: [Google]
tourneyfag.jpg
22 KB, 254x225
>>46797535
YES I CAN
1. What is your budget for cards?
2. Do you like Aggro, Midrange, or Control?
3. MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN or JUST TRYING TO HAVE FUN, MAN?
>>
>>46797645
1. I have a decent budget, only have a sorin because I got lucky with a card pack
2. I prefer aggro
3. Mostly fun, I only play with friends since I'm too scurred to go to FNM
>>
>>46797723
Define a decent budget with a dollar amount, we may disagree what decent is.
>>
>>46797740
$100
>>
>>46797793
okay, Sorin doesn't really fit an aggro play style at all he simply costs too much you could look at monowhite humans, they are a good, fun to play aggro deck for relatively cheap.
>>
>>46797793
I feel your pain, brother
>>
I've built a fun UG investigation deck, and my friend's building the GW Humans deck I brewed with a janky STW+Cryptolith Rite combo. What's a deck I can build on a modest budget that won't suck shit at FNM?
>>
>>46798010
Depends how competitive your store is.
>>
File: Budget Landfall.png (438 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Budget Landfall.png
438 KB, 1920x1080
>>46797723
>1. I have a decent budget, only have a sorin because I got lucky with a card pack
>2. I prefer aggro
>3. Mostly fun, I only play with friends since I'm too scurred to go to FNM

Budget Wx Humans or RG Landfall Aggro

personally I like Landfall because it's dirt cheap outside of Atarka's Command. heres a list i sketched out real quick. gonna run you a little over a hundred bux not including the sideboard. You could probably win your local FNM with this if you didn't fuck up.
>>
>>46798212
I really want to make a Jund Landfall deck with Mina & Denn and the Gitrog Monster.
>>
File: 1353438647253.png (67 KB, 578x547) Image search: [Google]
1353438647253.png
67 KB, 578x547
>tfw you spent 200 dollars to build a deck and it's not very good
>>
>>46798904
What deck did you build anon?
>>
File: 1459064853111.png (59 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459064853111.png
59 KB, 640x360
>tfw havent played in almost 8 years
>3 new friends are coming over so you can playtest your new deck before FNM

WHAT DO I DO
>>
>>46798062
I'd rate them semi-competitive. There's a couple of Chinese dudes who play extremely scummy decks, but for the most part people are a little more casual about that.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-waste-preservation-society/

This is the GW deck my friend is going to be playing, and his own previous BW brew was good enough to come 5th.
>>
>>46799139
Order pizza.
>>
>>46799131
Green black token rites
>>
>>46799239
List? Maybe I can help you out
>>
>>46785640
Can I see your decklist?
>>
>>46798904
I was broke as shit and only wanted to play for game day, so I used up all my cash to buy a deck

I found out now that my deck folds like origami to the most popular deck.

I feel like quitting standard permanently.
>>
>>46786140
Your suggested cards suck because of reasons
>>
>>46799139
Tell them you haven't played in a while? If they don't know already. Then make sure you've got snacks and drinks and shit to entertain guests? I don't fucking know anon why are you asking us how to deal with your friends?
>>
>>46799267
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dead-to-rites-4/

Biggest issue I have is either not drawing a threat fast enough or not having rites. I feel another sidisi is in order. I've seen some use uvenwald hydra to fetch abbey but honestly I don't care for that card all that much. It's too dependent on you having lots of lands, I feel worldbreaker is better in the spot, especially for blocking fliers.
>>
>>46799406
Also I feel I need another big creature to ramp into or something to utilize rites. Sometimes it's just there and doesn't do much because I don't have ulamog. World breaker isn't a serious enough threat, I feel I need another really big guy. Maybe just a one of.
>>
>>46798351
i like the concept behind the gitgud monster but i don't think creature-based midrange is going to be viable while declaration in stone and/or reflector mage are in every top tier deck
>>
>>46799443
dragonlord atarka, desolation twin or bane of bala ged
>>
>>46799443
>>46799406
Have you considered using Nissa Vastwood Seer and Ulvenwald Mysteries? Nissa pull out lands and if you flip her use her +1 to draw cards, and ulvenwald combos well with evolutionary leap. Maybe cut the hangarback walkers down to 2, take out the scion summoners. Try cutting the foul orchard as well and this>>46799556 suggestion is good
>>
>>46799556
Atarka is probably a good one I might go with. Not a huge fan of bane of bala ged. Desolation twin just being two big vanilla dudes seems meh to me though I guess it's a plus that it's two in a format full of reflector mages and desolations.

I don't know about Vastwood in the deck. it feels like it'd interfere with my other Nissa if it flips at the wrong time and I think voice works better for the deck.

I haven't used mysteries. I've considered soul of the harvest, though.
>>
>>46799506
You're probably right, but the draw of having a bunch of land sac and return effects, with Sylvan Advocate shenanigans, just seems so fun.
>>
>>46799941
i am 100% sure that deck is extremely fun to play

unfortunately HFY and Bant Company are pure, concentrated Anti-Fun and will slap your shit if you're playing midrange creatures.
>>
If my standard deck isn't ready by game day, it's not a total wash, is it? My store's FNM is always draft. I'm unfamiliar with how standard works at the lowest level
>>
>>46800715
Dammit, you just made me really motivated to try and make it and totally depressed about it simultaneously.
>>
For token decks I really want to try to do R/G token with dragon fodder, devil's playground and dance with devils to combo with goggles. I just can't find any way to make it not terrible.
>>
So...what the hell am I doing with this.

4x Retreat to Kazandu
2x Retreat to Emeria
4x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
4x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4x Jaddi Offshoot
4x Cryptolith Rite
4x Call the Gatewatch
1x Chandra Flamecaller
4x Wall of resurgence
2x Oath of Nissa
4x Oath of Gideon

I want something like this, halp.
>>
>>46802292
you really should be running secure the wastes
>>
>>46802498
Well because this is my first standard deck in a very very long time. When does that block rotate out?
>>
>>46802570
when the next block comes in, so the set after EM.
>>
protip, don't T1 plains on cockatrice
>this is the third person to dodge t1 and I'm not playing Bant you faggots
>>
>>46802599
Ah okay. I'm just trying to avoid having to switch cards out once rotation comes around.
Any other suggests apart from secure the wastes? I also have the new Sigarda too but not sure if that would be useful/helpful.
>>
>>46803074
You should run some early drops or else you will be dead before your planeswalkers can touch the board.
>>
>>46803164
wall of resurgence is not really good it is too slow.
>>
>>46803164
>>46803196

Well what could I replace them with?
Jaddi Offshoot was the only thing i can think of.
>>
>>46803252
run thraben inspectors or something like that they get you some card draw and have a reasonable statline for one drops.
>>
Can reflector mage bounce a creature Gideon if you coco on their turn after they +1? What about an animated land?
>>
>>46803330
Is gideon a creature when your mage enters the field?

Is the animated land a creature?
>>
>>46799282
Sure thing.
19 plains
1 Westvale Abbey

4 Thraben Inspector
4 Dragon Hunter
4 Thalia's Lieutenant
2 Expedition Envoy
2 Gossipmonger
4 Consul's Lieutenant
4 Knight of the White Orchid
1 Archangel of Tithes
4 Militia Captain

3 Gryffs Boon
4 Declaration in Stone
1 Stasis Snare
3 Always Watching

No Kytheons. I don't think they're needed. Might put some in the sideboard.
>>
>>46803375
Yes but does it prevent you from being able to recast it?
>>
>>46803417
Yes, just like the mage says. Note that lands can be played still, since they aren't cast.
>>
>>46803399
Why not cut the envoys for kytheons it is pretty much a direct upgrade
>>
>>46803557
Because it's such a small upgrade that I don't think it's worth it to spend the money on Kytheons if they aren't going to have much of an impact.

In an optimal build, you'd have Kytheons, but my deck has shown itself to be perfectly functional for my FNMs.
>>
Also this is a super duper loser question but can I play at FNM without a sideboard?
>>
>>46803709
Yes. I'd almost recommend playing one or two without a sideboard to see what your meta is.

Sideboard is optional 15 cards. I playtest my decks without a sideboard at first.
>>
>>46801794
Impact tremors
>>
>>46803653
>small upgrade
You don't have an idea on how Gideon, Battle-Forged is useful in Mono-White.
If you're unable to win till turn 4, your opponent will drop a Languish and end your game. Gideon is evasive and allows you to swing for 4 or 5 and remove the remaing points.
>>
>>46803816
He's not been needed for me. I've gone 4-0 twice now with this. If languish starts killing me, maybe I'll bring him in. So far, languish has only made it take a turn or two longer to get the job done, because I just drop a threat and give it Gryff's Boon from the Graveyard to finish the game out.

I've gotten languished twice in a game and managed to win it without much trouble.

He's strong, but I think you're overselling him a fair bit.
>>
>>46800917
I look at it like this

I would play the shit out of this deck at an FNM or GPT. I would play each and every round without dropping even if I lose out of prize support and I would enjoy the shit out of it.

HOWEVER

I would be hesitant to play it at an IQ or PTQ and I would likely not play it at an Open or a GP barring that overwhelming EYE OF THE TIGER feeling I get about rogue brews every now and then.
>>
File: 1458172370881.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
1458172370881.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
Help me with this shitbrew guys

2x Aberrant Researcher/Perfected Form
2x Furitive Homunculus
2x Drownyard Explorers
2x Soul Swallower
1x Groundskeeper
2x Obsessive Skinner
2x Byway Courier
2x Bounding Krasis
2x Bonded Construct
1x Epiphany at the Drownyard
1x Confirm Suspicions
3x Clash of Wills
2x Anchor to the Aether
2x Pour Over Pages
2x Press for Answers
2x Nagging Thoughts
3x Artificer's Epiphany
2x Confront the Unknown
2x Fork in the Road
2X Crawling Sensation
1x Lumbering Falls
4x Evolving Wilds
9x Island
7x Forest
>>
>>46803996
Well shit, I'm certainly not going pro or anything, so I might just go with it! I wonder what sort of list would be the most fun / sort of effective.
>>
>>46804379
>Lets see
>2x Aberrant Rese-

Nervermind, it's shit.
>>
>>46804601
Helpful, you should be a guru with all that knowledge you have
>>
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/397951#online

anyone try out the punishing frog list?
any suggestions?
>>
>>46806748
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/397951#online
I'm intrigued, but how does it work?
Maybe add some Sylvan advocates?
>>
>>46806748
I agree with the sylvan advocates I think you could probably cut the radiant flames.
>>
>>46806748
>>46806856
>>46807000
My main question is how you get to turn 4? Like once you got mina&denn and Gitrog out, your landbase can go crazy, but before that you're just sort of sitting dead in the water, am I right?
>>
>Bant Company: $544
>U/W Humans: $413
>W/B Midrange: $527
>W/R Weapons Trainer: $22

God bless you W/R Weapons Trainer
>>
>>46787210
Well standard thread, I got really wasted tonight doing something completely unrelated, and dropped about $60. Some of it was in drinks, but some of it was ordering cards, and already I feel I've made a terrible, terrible mistake.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humans-on-innistrad/

But, I updated this deck with a few minor changes, like the Thalia Lieutenants. I just wanted to play on Game Day.
>>
>>46808346
>No always watching

Its like you don't want to win
>>
>>46808588
There are plenty of cards I don't have that I probably should, but ultimately this isn't about winning, this is simply about not being turned into paste. I should probably have always watching, and it'll go in if I get one.
>>
>>46808643
In your defense its not bad but I don't know what your local meta is, and at least its your own deck
>>
>>46808713
And to be honest, I don't know my local meta very well either. The FLGS is a strange beast, as it's the only one north of the core urban center. and sees a lot of players during peak events, but the core regulars are this insular group of about 10 people who have all been playing together since '04. Normally that'd be easy to figure out, but my store is very, very heavy on drafting and light on every other format.

It's a toss up, really, but as long as 'it's not bad' can conceivably be said about it, I'm sure I'll have fun.
>>
>tfw need 4 cards for fnm but your shop never has any singles
>>
>>46808858
Just buy them online, anon.
>>
>>46808346
I am looking at your deck on tapped out atm, will comment in a bit if I have anything useful to contribute

for the thread http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-soi-humans-1/

I am thinking about replacing Seasons past (or maybe sideboarding it?) I just don't know what with - does anyone have any ideas (or general thoughts on the deck/what to change?)
>>
>>46799406
Thats not 200
>>
>>46809243
Another archangel of tithes?
>>
>>46809307
would love one, but at $20 a pop I'm too much of a cheapskate. If I can trade some of my unused cards with someone for another archangel of titties that would be great. Contrary to some of the cards in the deck being worth a little bit, I only have them because of trading/pre-release/FNM boosters etc. so I don't typically splurge on cards that are over $10 each.
>>
>>46809373
If you were local to me I would probably trade you mine, empty feeling but I figured it would be a nice gesture
>>
>>46809243
The comment is very much appreciated, and honestly you're right on a lot of counts, especially with stuff like the Hanweir.

However, Bound My Moonsilver is really, really helpful, letting me get around a lot of stuff that I wouldn't otherwise be able to deal with. It's quite an effective swiss army knife, especially when I can sacrifice clues to power it. Same with Angelic Purge. However, I've got my immolating glares at the ready, and I'm putting together a sideboard for the list that's probably just going to have most of the instant pairs that are in there.

And Sigarda is the fucking hero of the deck, and I never quite expected her to be.. Those waifufags are onto something.
>>
>>46809285
With tax, it was at the time of purchase
>>
>>46809213
Don't think any place is gonna deliver by Friday
>>
>>46809557
That was not my problem. Probably should've done it in the first place
>>
>>46809418
haha a nice gesture indeed - I'll see if I can find someone with a few spare tomorrow night
>>46809476
if it works for you keep it, i'm a big fan of angelic purge plus a clue plus tireless tracker. Good exile and powerup combo. Also a big fan of Sigarda.
>>
What's the best red 1 drop right now?
>>
>>46809809
Goblin Glory Chaser probably
>>
It amazes me how people will continue to pay 10$+ for shit cards in order to play a bad cards format
>>
>>46809809
Zurgo the Manlet
>>
10 Forest
4 Molten Vortex
4 Magmatic Insight
4 Tormenting Voice
4 Timber Gorge
4 Fiery Temper
4 Groundskeeper
4 Nissa's Pilgrimage
4 Lightning Axe
13 Mountain
4 Elvish Visionary
1 Dragonmaster Outcast

rate
>>
>>46810623
Dies to mono white humans
>>
>>46810634
So does everything

Wizards needs to start printing regular color hosing cycles again
>>
4x Elvish Visionary
2x Silverfur Partisan
4x Tireless Tracker
2x Duskwatch Recruiter
3x Cryptolith Rite
4x Reflector Mage
4x Thraben Inspector
3x Thalia's Lieutenant
2x Eyeless Watcher
2x Traverse the Ulvenwald
2x Confront the Unknown
4x Negate
1x Nearhearth Chaplain
1x Always Watching
1x Descend upon the Sinful
1x Vessel of Ephemera
1x Bygone Bishop
1x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
1x Declaration in Stone
1x Hanweir Militia Captain
1x Fortified Village
2x Westvale Abbey
2x Port Town
6x Forest
5x Plains
1x Island

I know there are things that need to be swapped out. What do you guys think?
>>
>>46811218
Why all the one ofs
>>
>>46811495
because money issues atm. just felt like the best i could put together. I'm thinking about taking out Nearhearth and puitting in another vessel for delirium for Traverse/Descend. And in some testing Bygone Bishop isn't horrible, and I might like another of those as well. Primarily to get rid of Hanweir.
>>
>>46811495
also, 1x Island because of Port Town. I effectively have 3 U in my deck.

I really like these dual lands.
>>
A friend of mine opened a booster box of SOI and built a UW Control deck and an RB Vampire Madness (2 Olivia, the works) and I had a lot of fun playing the RB deck against the UW deck and won every game. So, is RB Vampire Madness viable in standard?
>>
>>46813302
Unfortunately it's slower than white humans and gets completely btfo by languish. Don't let that stop you from taking it to FNM, but it's not a particularly powerful deck compared to others in the format
>>
>>46813572
Do I have a solid chance of winning FNM with a home-brewed Madness deck?
>>
>>46813661
Sure, anything is possible I guess. I remember winning a standard FNM during INN-RTR with fucking curses. Sometimes you just get the right match ups and the right draws
>>
>>46813699
Thanks. Good to know that, at least at the local level, you can play what you enjoy playing.
>>
>>46813661
make sure to include dranas and olivias, i find i just barely run out of steam before killing my opponent then die.

I think including those two cards would be good to have a board presence and be able to compete with mid game humans/bant company
>>
>>46813950
Two of each, or more?
>>
>>46813979
Not an expert on Magic myself, but i would suggest 3 of each if you really enjoy the playstyle.

I'm playing a more budget version of vampires and getting absolutely fucked. Thinking about switching to R/G ramp or something before committing to vampires
>>
>>46814016
The problem is that they're legendary, so three is a little questionable. I really don't want to draw a second while one is out.
>>
How good would a GB Delirium deck be at a semi-competitive FNM? There's unlikely to be more than one dude there with a totally monied-up deck but I should expect stiff competition.

My initial thought is to run a bunch of land ramp and some decent small creatures, thin my deck of land and spells via that and then dump half my cards with Lilliana's Indignation to make them lose large amounts of life.
>>
>>46807659
kek
>>
Budget build I'm working on for game day. Any suggestions?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-03-16-ally-aristocrats/
>>
>>46814041
That's something I've always wrestled with. Do you run 4 of for legendary creatures?
>>
>>46795049
B/R vampires is fucking dead
>>
>>46804379
>only 4 of is Evolving Wilds

For the love of god will you fucking faggots STOP doing this? You need 4 ofs in your deck so you can run a consistent gameplan. With a bunch of 3 and 2 ofs you'll have a difficult time with consistency. Decide what cards you want in your opening hand, those should be 4 ofs, then decide what cards your deck needs to see every game, those should be at least 3 ofs depending on if multiples are dead.
>>
>>46816654
yeah i figured, mono white humans and GW humans do a better job killing your opponent fast than fucking vampires with less drawbacks.
>>
File: bant company.jpg (222 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
bant company.jpg
222 KB, 1280x721
>>46785364
I'm sorry, what train?
>>
>>46804750
Man, it's like coming onto a thread and saying "hey guys, help me with my Sanguinary Mage control deck." The card is fucking bad and including it in a deck you want advice on is going to always result in "that deck is shit".
>>
>>46816386
Never, unless it's your combo piece/wincon.
>>
>>46813950
Drana and Olivia are bad in BR vampire aggro, they're too slow.
>>
>>46817085
So 1-2 copies then?
>>
>>46817128
What are the alternatives? I find by turn 4-5 my opponent is almost dead but i have no board presence.
>>
>Have a Sorin, Fucking Pissed I got from a pack and some pretty good vampires
>Want to make a Mardu vampire deck
>But also want to sell Sorin for another TITI for an Izzet/Grixis Horror deck
What do
>>
>>46817335
i find that i just get cucked by reflector mage and die, but thats just me
>>
What are people's thoughts on this? The landbase seems really wonky, as does some of the card choices like Oblivion Strike and Swarm Surge. As for the lands in my opinion a playset of sea gate wreckage, Ruins of Oran-Rief, and maybe a B or U painland other than corrupted crossroads seems autoinclude. But hey it went 5-0 so what do I know?
>>
>>46785364
Rate my Tokens / Planeswalkers / Enchantments / Ramp monstrosity of a deck.

Oaths.dec

Creatures: 10
>Whirler Rogue x4
>Hangarback Walker x4
>Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger x1
>Kozilek, the Great Distortion x1

Planeswalkers: 8
>Nissa, Voice of Zendikar x3
>Nahiri, the Harbinger x2
>Gideon, Ally of Zendikar x3

Other spells: 18
>Cryptolith Rite x3
>Oath of Nissa x4
>Oath of Gideon x3
>Oath of Jace x2
>Starfield of Nyx x3
>Sigil of the Empty Throne x3

Lands: 24
>Port Town x4
>Fortified Town x4
>Plains x3
>Island x3
>Forest x3
>Westvale Abbey

My playgroup said I was insane, but I really think I can make this work. It's filled with all sorts of neat, little interactions so I think it can be really fun to play.

Any advice / suggestions to make this deck work?, I'd really like to make this work.
>>
>>46817225
Go harder on the aggro, lighter on the madness.
>>
File: 1447983269468.jpg (676 KB, 2313x1300) Image search: [Google]
1447983269468.jpg
676 KB, 2313x1300
So im considering playing the Booster box game. Is it worth it? or a bad gamble?

another question I have is why is a booster box available for like 54 dollars on ebay but 100 dollars everywhere else?
>>
>>46817873
make sure the ebay one is a full sealed box, sometimes it isn't though they never explicitly state that it is so they technically don't do anything wrong.
>>
>>46817873
Do it.

SoI's pretty cool and will rise up a lot as the best set in Standard post rotation. There are many cards that could potentially see Modern Play.
>>
>>46817811
I'd try to focus the deck a little more, you feel like you are trying to do too much. Your colors are also terrible you can literally not ever play kozilek without using nahiri.
>>
>>46817967
i looked at the 54 dollar one and it says its a half pack with 18 packs. so im guessing then that a regular 100+ dollar box is 36 packs then? or is this person short changing?
>>
>>46818081
It means someone probably bought a box, opened half the packs and got all the mythics and good stuff and is trying to make some sucker take the bulk packs.
I wouldn't do it.
>>
Okay how do I stop White Humans?
I can dedicate my whole sideboard to it.
I'm thinking in adding 4 Radiant Flames and 4 Rendering Volleys.
I'm running a RW Weapons Trainer deck.
>>
>>46818019
Well, I have Westvale Abbey.

I've thought about substituting Ula and zKozi with Deepfathom Skulker. It looks like a suboptimal choice, but 5U is very feasible to cast T4 with Cryptolith Rite, the draw effect provides a lot of advantage, specially in a deck capable of putting down so many tokens. It also works well with Nahiri which not a lot of Eldrazi do. 4/4 leaves a lot to be desired but is a good 2-of that you can tutor with Nahiri if you want.
>>
>>46818199
How would that even work? Are boxes seeded? How do you open the "good half" and sell off the "bad half?"
>>
>>46818577
box mapping was a thing for a long time though supposedly it isn't as easy as it once was I still wouldn't trusty loose packs.
>>
>>46818577
Boxes generally have somewhere between 3-6 mythics in them. If the dude was cracking packs and just happened to open the good half he could stop and try to get rid of the other half. There's a chance there's good stuff in there but I will bet you money that you'd get 1 mythic max.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.