[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most dice ever rolled for a single action?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 540x489
Most dice ever rolled for a single action?
>>
200-ish, for my Master's Thesis.
>>
>>46780987
Too many. We switched to FATExalted afterward.
>>
File: modrons.jpg (542 KB, 3791x1069) Image search: [Google]
modrons.jpg
542 KB, 3791x1069
>>46780987
>modrons
>no. appearing: 12-144
>DM: roll for initiative
>>
>>46780987
24d10s on the basis of murdering a fool.
>>
An attack action in champions once had me rolling 51 dice, split between killing attack damage and normal damage. Was throwing a massive vat of molten steel at a not!hulk (standing next to a bunch of red barrels) from atop of a factory roof while hopped up on nanobots
20d6 physical from temp strength boost
8d6 physical from the weight of the falling/thrown object
4d6 velocity damage
7d6 killing damage from the molten metal pouring out from it.
9d6 physical from the explosives set off once the thing hit
3d6 from lethal explosives shrapnel
>>
Player used a sunburst spell inside a magic shop to test his fire resistance amulet. Sadly fire resistance 10 does not help against 286d6 explosive damage from setting off everything in the store.
>>
Problably phoenix command.
If a HG 78 granade explode at the exact hex the character 2k shapenels will hit the enemy.
You will need to roll where it will hit 2k times and do the roll to see if the thing glances of the armor 2k times.
Before the game complain, it tell you to roll just once for hit location and then multiply damage by the number of shapnels

But you can include more rolls there,
First you try to throw the granade at some place roll to check if you hit, but you actually miss, thats the first roll
But if you miss you must discover if the miss was a long shot or a short shot, thats the second roll
Then if you miss by only hex, you must decide where you hit, and thats the third roll.

So, 4003 rolls
>>
>>46780987
28d10 or so to murder a bloodletter using Bolt of Change
>>
>>46780987
We had to roll ~30d6 for something in Shadowrun, once.

A massive oak desk was landing on an NPCs face and we wanted to see how much damage he took.
>>
>>46781977
actually there is a rule about deflecting ribs bones under some situations or something like that and there 80% of doing it
this adds mroe 2000 rolls to a total of 6003 rolls
>>
521 damage dice in Exalted 2e. This is why you have to perfect defense every roll
>>
>>46780987
140d6 for a full 35 man blob of charging cultists with mark of khorne who made into assault because my opponent never bothered shooting at them

I only killed 3 space marines, fuckin' ell.
>>
>>46781316
I also had my largest roll in champions, but for a different reason.
This is more of a fault with character creation than anything else as I didn't understand that a multipower pool has an active point limit on the powers inside it. With 300+ points to spend at character creation I gave my guy a telekinetic power pool, the main one being a 150 STR metal telekinesis with a few modifiers in a fixed slot for around 20~ points. The end result is that an action to use max strength (first time ever in the dozen session long campaign) to throw a solid spear of titanium through a mech did a solid 53d6 damage due to strength, velocity, weight, and weapon damage modifiers. The hit location was in the vitals but I don't think that mattered.
>>
>>46780987
36d6 to soak damage on a tank-troll adept in shadowrun.

It could have been more, I regret that to this day.
>>
What's that RPG where getting thrown out the airlock has you roll every die in the room as damage?

I'd say it gets an honourable mention.
>>
File: SpaceNeedleTopClose.jpg (704 KB, 2860x2672) Image search: [Google]
SpaceNeedleTopClose.jpg
704 KB, 2860x2672
Something like 70d6 to calculate the damage of a direct hit of an explosion from a terrorist attack and the amount of damage debris from the falling Seattle Space Needle would do
>>
>>46780987
30d6 on a fireball. I love wizards.
>>
File: DiceBox.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
DiceBox.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1079
You arise from your spill a bit dazed, but alert enough to realise that you've ended-up at the edge of a camp of cannibal Venusian Amazons. Several nearby specimens of which rise from their haunches and look you up and down hungrily. In five seconds, the entire raiding party will be aware of your presence. What action do you take?

"I roll to seduce."
>>
File: 2.png (246 KB, 492x512) Image search: [Google]
2.png
246 KB, 492x512
>>46781083
This sounds... interesting

>when Fate is such a toolkit system you just build another one out of it
>>
141d6 for a mob of cultists attacking
>>
>>46780987
Abooout 30. Then several rounds of recusive rerolls added up to another twenty or so.

Fuck Exalted 3e's Craft.
>>
>>46780987
57d6
A full minute (ten turns) worth of attacking a stationary corpse of a gigantic far realm creature with a ball of fire (might actually be the name i dont remember) cast with a level 3 spell slot. It damages when something ends its turn near the ball of fire, and when you slam the ball into something, so thats why it was 57 dice and not like twenty something.
>>
>>46781136
d'awww.

For such heartless murder-machines, modrons always were fucking adorable.
>>
>>46782371
>I only killed 3 space marines, fuckin' ell.

kek
someone doesn't feel the heart of the dice
>>
>>46786708
Nothing involving Exalted is anything short of painful. I'd rather force someone to play arcade games on a tablet while a perfectly functional cabinet stands nearby.
>>
>>46787201
>>46782371
on average you were only going to kill 5

cultists are a shit unit

too soft and slow to tarpit, too weak to assault, too weak and expensive to shoot

they are really only good as objective campers or distractions
>>
>>46780987
>>46780987
Turn 2 charge of 47 raging khornate mutants and their enforcer against six thunderwolves with three holding powerfists and two storm shields, teach him to try and jump my russes from behind-my bubblewrap bites. 192 dice later, i had lost seven mutants (21 points) whereas he lost his entire several hundred point unit.
>>
51d6 because edge-assist-drugged-powered up damage to slice open a dragon in SR.
>>
>>46780987
In Black Crusade a crate filled with meltabombs, missle launcher ammunition and demo-charges or heretek was lugging around (he had the thing mounted on a garv-platform and towed it behind him wherever he went) was rigged to explode if he died. When it finally happened, think the total number of dice was something like 150d10 explosive damage. This happened in the deepest level of a Necron tomb complex buried beneath a mountain, and the force of the explosion was enough to destablized the structural integrity of the complex, bringing the whole mountain down on it (no damage was rolled for that though).
>>
152 shots with flashlights, and one with a bolt pistol. That poor berzerker unit had no chance of surviving First Rank Fire Second Rank Fire'd unit of conscripts, that had been buffed with that Divination primaris spell, which gives them twin-linked lasguns.
>>
>>46780987
13d6
In game that makes rolls with 4d6 a "huge" dice pool
>>
>>46780987
>Beware Traveler. Khajit does not play these games!
>>
col
>>
>>46780987
A unit of 50 Conscripts opening fire at 7 inches so they had rapid fire upon my unit of 10 Pariah. Only downed 4, not a bad way of soaking fire, fucker should have gone for my unit of 20 warriors and made me phase out. His loss
>>
>>46789383
Yeah but pariahs don't have we'll be back, so it's a moral victory.
>>
120d6 damage from a crit with an Empowered Disintergrate spell.
Imp Crit (Ray) is well worth it on a blastermage.
>>
>>46788441
which game?
>>
I just play infinity where 5d20 to hit is considered exceptional.

I'll say that 4d20 to hit, 1d20 reaction shot, 2 armor rolls and a guts roll is my personal record, from memory. That's one exchange of fire between two soldiers.

I fucking love Infinity but you spend half the time reading the rulebook.
>>
50d6+50 as an Elemental Annihilator Kineticist in pathfinder. Want damage? I got you senpai. Per turn for like, little burn because I stacked con.
>>
>>46780987
>VtM game, about 20 thugs thoroughly spooked all in a room, all pointing guns at the only door
>Ventrue player with 5 fort 5 stamina wanted to know what would happen if he stuck his head in
>Start scooping up d10s until I'm satisfied I can't hold any more
>He decides against it

I rolled them anyway just to see, and yeah he would have been fucked. Though he would have stood a chance had they not been ready for him
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.