[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #795: Flashing Lights Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46761447
>>
Jumpers, will you sing God's eternal praise?

If not, would you host a demon in yourself?
>>
>>46774140
I uhh went adversary in the actraiser jump kind of made for an akward time every time we had a birthday party.
>>
>>46774140
Yes and yes for fun and profit.
>>
>>46774140
Nah, and only if it a good conversationalist.

I do have a tiny angel singing my eternal praise through. Does that count?
>>
>>46774140
Fuck God.
We polytheism now.
>>
>>46774380
Where can one get tiny angels from, anon?
>>
>>46774140
Became a Devoted cleric of the elemental goddess of good earth in darksun and never stopped.
>>
>>46774140
I've got all manner of extraterrestrials crawling in/on my skin, but I draw the line at personifications of human failings. Why the hell would you want to emphasize those parts of you?

My response to Gods is based on individual merit. Some of them have good ideas, but the signal-to-noise ratio is a lot harsher than people make it out to be.
>>
>>46774464
Actraiser has a tiny angel in a gilded cage that adores you and will sing your praises.

For bonus irony, you can also get it if you go demon.
>>
File: BASILISK JUMPCHAIN V1.2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
BASILISK JUMPCHAIN V1.2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
made some changes based on feedback.
>>
>>46774380
Lucky you.
I just managed to have a chorus of KanColle fae following me around everywhere.
I don't even know what they're saying, it just sounds like desu.
>>
>>46774665
Still better than "Hey! Listen!"
>>
>>46774687
Not by much.

Ah well, at least they're cute.
>>
So I've seen ASA mention having done the Darkhallow, and I know it's from the Dresden Files. What I'm wondering is how big of a power boost it actually is?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
So, Jumpers, what is your lightsaber like?
>>
>>46774729
you absorb hundreds of thousands, potentially millions of souls, and use all that energy to turn yourself from a mortal to a death god potentialy on the level of Hades and like, if you can get enough souls.
>>
>>46774797
Sounds edgy.

So who did ASA genocide?
>>
>>46774759
Got red both times. I like staves, so I stole another saber from some nobody both times, and just sort of stuck the two together using an extra handle I built my self. So one's red and green while the other is red and blue.

Feel free to laugh.
>>
>>46774651
like what
>>
>>46774836
If you had a white one you'd be both Christmas and America.
>>
>>46774759
I haven't been there yet, but I'm planning on building lightsaber-style claws.
>>
File: pang.jpg (10 KB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
pang.jpg
10 KB, 300x172
What counts as the wicked with Hellsings dark binding?
>>
>>46774836
I wanted a double-bladed one but it seems really impractical.
>>
File: HAHA.jpg (66 KB, 801x375) Image search: [Google]
HAHA.jpg
66 KB, 801x375
>>46774836
>Feel free to laugh.
>>
>>46774797
How are the souls when you absorb them do you make them suffer?
>>
>>46774759
Basically Luke's but red and without buttons. It's activated by technopathy, and has two of those special crystals in it.

Of course I barely use it, but I do also have a cybernetic variant in both my arms. Those I use more often.
>>
>>46774955
squashed into ectoplasm, I'd say
>>
>>46774812
If I remember it right, Supernatural's angels and leviathans.

He kinda just hijacked a similar setup Castiel was already doing.
>>
>>46774877
I'd start at hurt another in anger/malice and go from there, I think 'not innocent' is the important characteristic.
>>
>>46774759
it's a green lightclub that can flare up with holy fire I replicated it a few times and mounted them on the fountain Shield from Lord of light so I now have a light saber lantern Shield
>>
>>46775015
That's fucking genius.

Except for the whole eating Leviathans thing. Didn't go do well for Cas.
>>
so... made some thematic modifications, added some fitting perks and changes the fluff on existing ones to be more 'mopey-lovey', if you will, re-priced a few things, fluffed out and added some drawbacks.

So...the tentatively (very tentatively) finished product of the Vampire Diaries jumpchain:
>>
>>46774651
Changelog?
>>
>>46775072
actually, not an issue. the way it seems, it's the difference between chewing or not. cas ate them whole, darkhallow breaks them into their constituent bits and grafts on the released power to you
>>
File: advunc wurs.png (744 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
advunc wurs.png
744 KB, 1024x768
So would anyone give a shit about an Advance Wars jump?
>>
>>46775158
I would pay more than feces, less than money.
>>
File: 1459458482920.jpg (171 KB, 736x883) Image search: [Google]
1459458482920.jpg
171 KB, 736x883
>>46775158
Yes. So many shits would be given.
>>
>>46774759
It has a hilt, it projects a beam of light, and it makes noise when I swing it.

Nerds go crazy when they see it.
>>
>>46775158
That would be fucking great.

Might want to make sure noone's working on it already, though. I remember it coming up before but I don't recall if anything actually came of it.
>>
>>46775158
That'd be awesome.

I also suddenly want a M*A*S*H jump for some reason.
>>
How do I go about making a 'roach motel' for incorporeal spirits/angel/demons/etc?
>>
>>46774651
now does armor never slowing you down include power armor or giant robots?

Just a dirt farmer is clearly OP

Ninja slayer is out right broken.

Trump jumper is going to be a must for damn near everyone

Monster would work much better if it didn't update with future jumps.

Would vehicles count as mounts for the purposes of To me!/Honor Guard? And if so say you are in a heavy sci-fi setting does that mean they would be in spaceships if your little interplanetary diplomatic cruiser is in jeopardy?

Divine Will needs better benchmarks for at least the benchmarks it has elaborated upon

If you admit that Gennosuke’s Doujutsu is broken why include it?

The items look good.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 427x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 427x750
Iji (7)
--LOCATION--
Earth
--ORIGIN--
Technician
Male, ??yo
--ABILITIES--
•Technical Expertise
•Scrambler (900cp)
•Overclocked (700cp)
•Nanomaster (300cp)
•Kinda Green (200cp)
--ITEMS--
•Freak Ray
•Scanner (0cp)

Ah hell what the fuck, so I died during the first strike against Earth. Yet here I am as some sort of cyborg. This could be interesting, seeing how I literally died but came back. I don't know much about this setting other than one alien race, Tasen are escaping another alien race the Komato. The Tasen wanted Earth so they used Space to Ground weapon "Alpha Strike" against all major cities and towns.

No matter I think I'll use my new and my power ring to set the matter straight. I kinda turned all the Tasen's weapons against them, every chance I could get. Weapons jamming, drones being hacked and turned against them. The Komato were preparing to wipe out the entire surface of the Earth, which I stopped. Along with Iji we helped defeat the Tasen, and brokered a peace deal with the Komato.

Used my drones (HAMMER, Ultron, LOKI) to help rebuild civilization. Thanks to nanotech I was able to get factories pumping them out. Debris goes in and drones come out. They helped set up shelters, lending extra manpower when needed. Hope kept everyone uplifted with feeling of hope, and she was crucial for giving people hope to carry on. By the end of my jump, we've managed to rebuild most of the Earth to at least 1940s technology. There was less people, but automation helped a lot and the drones were there for extra help. I hope my next trip is as interesting.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>46774651
I think that's almost everything cleared up, nice work.

Drawbacks: Sneaky, sneaky, Compulsive Gloating, Jumper looked into the Basilisks eyes... (1600)

Noble, age 24

Proper (Free)
Persuasive (1500)
Backroom Politics (1400)
To me!/Honor Guard (1200)
Administrative master (1000)
Could Be Shogun (700)
Divine Will (400)
Jumper Inn (0)
RyoX5 (Free)

It's just good old Anon the feudal noble. We're just a regular eccentric innkeeping prodigal sonuvabitch keeping these traditions of hospitality alive like there's no tommorow.

Yessiree, we are just a normal man with a normal job. And the main feature of our hotel? It's Flugels. And Joys. And some rank and file angels dad lent us. It's a literally heavenly meido experience, and woe betide the poor fool who thinks that means their contract of noninterference under the Benefactor precludes self-defense. Uh, you may wanna clarify if they're companions or if they're stuck in the inn like the neko-Arcs in Carnival Phantasm or something though?

And today our guests appear to be 20 elite ninjas of some kind. Which means we're gonna need more oden noodles to go round.

>>46774140
Well, not eternal. But we did occasionally bake dad some cookies and share a bottle of soma.

As for that, only with demons we consider close friends. And that's a really short list.

>>46774759
All craftsgodship is of the highest quality. This blade menaces with splies of gravity and antimatter. On the pommel is an image of the Milky Way, the galactic center in frozen motes. On the hilt is an image of Ouroboros the metaphor and spiders in dark matter. The spiders are feeding upon the Ouroboros.

>>46775324
Dungeoneering from Mushoku Tensei can let you create predatory genius locis

God Slayer teaches you magic that's really good at hurting gods

Finally You Are Forgiven, My Son lets you cook food that's really appealing to divine beings.

Put them together, and you've got quite a nice trap.
>>
File: blue honey 2.png (174 KB, 540x229) Image search: [Google]
blue honey 2.png
174 KB, 540x229
>>46774140
No strong feelings one way or the other.
>>
>>46775158

Please yes
>>
>>46774140
Is someone looking forward to the Strange Journey Jump?
>>
>>46775158

Also might I recommend items like command centers or mass production factorys
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>46774729
It's a little unclear since nobody pulls it off in Dresden's era, but curiously it seems to vary. The quality and quantity of souls is what decides the power of the boost, after all. Jim Butcher said Cowl could've 1v1'd Mab if he'd succeeded, implying Kemmeler (the Darkhallow's inventor) would've been even more powerful.

The Erlking himself was alsos aid by Jim to have been a normal goblin who succeeded in it. And the Mothers/Queens/Ladies of the Sidhe originally gained their power using a sacrificial table to pull off what Jim said was a ritual with similar principles.

>>46775015
>>46774812
This has been of some concern to us actually-that the souls outside DF might be inferior in quality given how profound the power of choice is in Dresden Files.

So we had performed it multiple times. when we were...less wise, and more desperate.

We tinkered with the ritual later on, seeking to make it even more efficient over time. Supernatural was, we believe, our last truly major Darkhallow; even then we were sure to have Glorificus and Elodie on hand to give us a mystic once-over in case some vestige of the Leviathans remained. Can't be too careful. Our first though, was in Dragon Age (jump #25)-we combined the Eliatrope race's ability to create massive interdimensional portals with decades of necromantic experience to create a spatial vortex and chugged the Fade like a fratboy with a dare.

But yeah, it's unclear if one would develop new powers or simply have existing ones amplified vastly. If we did, since our necromantic speciality was necrobotany we imagine we must have become a particularly hardcore harvest deity.

...like Kronos, one of our earliest divine patrons actually. Huh.
>>
>>46774759
The handle is longer than usual at about 45cm and reinforced with neutronium which, as it turns out, is pretty much lightsaber proof. All of the controls have Force-activated backups inside the shell, including the "drama knob" that controls how long it takes the blade to extend. the blade itself is a deep red which, as you can likely guess, got me in not a little trouble when my business on the Headless Chicken brought me across a Jedi's path. really, they just assume red lightsaber == EEEVIIILLL. What if a padawan just genuinely liked the color red? What if some of them went to the Dark Side just because the Jedi wouldn't let them have the color blade they want? petty, yes. off topic, yes. moving on.

It's also dual-phase, able to switch from an 80cm to 220cm blade with the flip of a switch. The longer blade I used as a one-shot surprise in duels or when riding into battle on Hime or my "legally" "purchased" Zephyr-G swoop bike.

This is my primary melee weapon when the universe's technology level allows, or when I need to show off my "Final Form" and just tear through a complete heavy armor division.
>>
>>46775712
did you ever consider a simurgh'd zone in worm?
>>
>>46775743
>The handle is longer than usual at about 45cm and reinforced with neutronium which, as it turns out, is pretty much lightsaber proof. All of the controls have Force-activated backups inside the shell, including the "drama knob" that controls how long it takes the blade to extend. the blade itself is a deep red which, as you can likely guess, got me in not a little trouble when my business on the Headless Chicken brought me across a Jedi's path. really, they just assume red lightsaber == EEEVIIILLL. What if a padawan just genuinely liked the color red? What if some of them went to the Dark Side just because the Jedi wouldn't let them have the color blade they want? petty, yes. off topic, yes. moving on.

Actually the red color comes from synth-crystals produced by the Star Forge so they are very tainted with the dark side and will slowly corrupt you even if you aren't a Sith, so yeah they are kind of right
>>
>>46775712
Does it only boost necromancy?
>>
>>46775079
Well, credit where it's due-there has been a big improvement, yeah. I'm tired of combing over things so I'll leave it up to other people to find any glaring faults I missed. At least I actually do feel like I'm geting a sense of the setting.

There's just one thing that stands out as something I've said at least twice to nix now:

>I f . . . . w e l l , W h e n y o u w i n s u c h a M e r g e , y o u e m e r g e w i t h the complete powers, abilities, emotions and soul of the loser.

Please don't sneak powergrabs without a canon basis through subsequent drafts when people have called you out on them repeatedly. Just give what powers you can gain from it the same scope as the Ceremony of Unification.
>>
>>46775844
huh? but...I'm not. the one guy who did it got all the power, emotions, thinking...everything of the loser, basically. I'd remove it, but it isn't exactly 'without basis in canon'
>>
>>46775844
>jumpmaker explicitly states all they give a shit about is the power
>gives a witch a 100cp freebie the ability to make all magic systems ever more lax, even ones out of setting
>expecting them to not put in non-canon power
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>46775779
Not even once. Firstly, Earth Bet's parahumans don't have any capacity to use any supernatural abilities, at all. Compared to Dresden Files' humans, where even the muggles can exercise the power of choice as a bulwark against the supernatural. If they have souls, they're probably low in metaphysical nutrition. The spiritual equivalent of wafers, so to speak.

Secondly? By the time we reached Worm it had been many centuries since Supernatural. Removing the Simurgh's influence by healing the survivors with the Song and Precursor sciences-and the safely diffused power of our soul-was a much bigger priorty.

It was one of those weird times where we aimed to unify and strengthen (para)humanity because there was a much bigger threat out there.

>>46775798
All evidence points to the answer being no. Mab cannot lie, and she told Dresden she was once human implying her winter queen powers came at least partly from the ritual. And then there's the Erlking, who isn't very necromantic at all and gained his goblin king powers from the Darkhallow too.

It's just that individual results seem to vary.

/wild guesswork

In Cold Days, it's stated that mortals have a very "diffuse" existence, being full of uncertainty and their identity being more malleable. Meanwhile, the Fae have less free will and are more "refined" conceptually, their very being following a number of predictable themes and behaviors.

Jim said Mother Summer was replaced, once. If Mab was a "regular" Sidhe before she was a Queen perhaps the Darkhallow amplified her winter powers to godlike heights. By the same token, because magic is linked to one's will and being Kemmeler would have become a god of undeath not because that's how the power fundamentally works, but beacuse of how big a part of him necromancy is.

/wild guesswork

That said, these guesses are just inferred from the setting's metaphysics and there's just not enough information to say for sure yet.
>>
>>46775789
I swear the crystal was white when I got it. A few days of meditating on it and attuning it to myself, plus a few bits of Alchemy thrown in to modify the crystal's structure, and whaddaya know it's red. Oops.

Also, if I remember correctly, Luke had to synthesize crystals for his second lightsaber since the Imperials were watching all the worlds that had naturally-formed crystals. Going to Illum for lightsaber crystals was also something of a pilgrimage for padawans, until it was lost during the Clone Wars.
>>
>>46776011
Man am I glad I don't give a shit about Vampire Diaries. I can't imagine how I'd feel if someone did this to a setting I actually did love.
>>
>>46775844
actually, here's the new language.
>When you win such a Merge, you emerge with everything that made the other party into what they were. Magic, power, emotions, subconscious traits...anything and everything.
I can see what I missed, the whole 'only raw power and not specific powers' thing, but it should be fine, now.
>>
>>46775955
Emotions and thinking I'd be fine with, but is there any evidence the wolves could gain esoteric/conceptual shit like Stands/Personas/psychic powers? From what I saw of the wiki they only gained strength and transformations, not even canon witchcraft.

>>46776011
>>46776056
Believe me I'm getting real tired of correcting his shit too, and at this point I'm only doing it to prevent a shitty precedent from making it onto the drive. It's cold comfort but yeah, I'm glad I never read those books too.
>>
>>46776037
...Somehow, I don't think those two literally gained their powers from the Darkhallow. It's much more likely they were changelings who got dragged into it the way Sarissa did.
>>
>>46776076
you seem to be looking at the wrong parts, then.

Here is what it's based on.
http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/The_Merge
>>
>>46776076
Shit like this is why existing Jumps make terrible precedent. It's literally just "this asshole snuck something past us, so I should get to as well!"
>>
>>46776051
I am not familiar enough with the order Luke founded to dispute that.
>>
>>46775381
>>46775466

>That feels of getting good feedback

I'll work these into any future edits in a day or two. making a jump in one day kind of burned me out a bit. I appreciate the feedback!
>>
>>46776070
>power

No, still too vague. Just cut that out then, and keep the rest.

>>46776104
...hold on. These are WITCH powers. Why're you offering them to werewolves in the first place?! The other half of the capstone is fine as is, honestly.

This isn't something werewolves can even do. What the fuck.
>>
>>46776082
I agree, the darkhallow seem pretty specific for kemmler and his necromancy. I guess the power of the stone could work in a somewhat similar way but it's a lot of guesswork
>>
>>46776056
fact is, if anyone good at this cared about the setting, there would be a jump for it already. if there isn't, well, newbies like this get their chances, and they ARE going to do shit like this.
>>
>>46776175
because making a third capstone for a witch would be clunky without measure, and I wanted to have that kind of 'your own power vs group power' thing like I have in Greatest Witch ever.

But yeah, at this point it might just be neater to just cut it out entirely.
>>
>>46776104
>gemini coven
>COVEN
>not pack or clan or whatever werewolves call each other

Yeah no, if you wanted to include that powergrab you should've put it as a Witch capstone. Which you didn't.

So what he said: Cut it out, keep the other half of the capstone which isnt' out of place.

>>46776209
And that's why we have to be vigilant for this shit, and be ready to critique it.
>>
>>46776209
You aren't exactly encouraging new jump creators whit that attitude tho, i just come in this discussion an the critics seem pretty rude
>>
>>46776255
Especially since, according to the wiki, it's only supposed to work on twins and the one time it's tried on non-twins it starts fucking up.
>>
>>46776262
>>46776255
>>
>>46776282
right, right. okay, so that's that. anything else?
>>
>>46774140
my faith is one of the things that has kept me going... which was kind of awkward for the times when one of my parents was a god... we didn't touch on the subject really.
>>
>>46776123
The bit about Luke was from one of those supplemental books, Essential Guide to the Force or some such, in the chapter about lightsaber construction. The bit about pilgrimage was during the days of the Old Republic, before Palpatine had the Jedi Order wiped out.

To be fair, I remember the Sith synth-crystals being steeped in the Dark Side because of them pushing all their hate and rage through them and not necessarily anything to do with the actual crystal growing machinery. I have no citations for this.
>>
>>46776209
That seems a little harsh. There's definitely settings which don't have jumps yet that people care about

>>46776280
We've been fighting with this guy to not make this Jump a power grab for like three or four iterations now. We've used up all our patience.
>>
>>46776280
I am significantly more civil when the jumpmaker does not, for example, shamelessly admit he was ONLY interested in more power when he was asked what the hell he was thinking re: his design choices, which he did for this jump.

I just gave the Basilisk jumpmaker some feedback last thread without being nearly this acerbic you can look at. Anyone can make mistakes, but deliberately and repeatedly trying to game the system is something that deserves to be discouraged.
>>
>>46775205
What is that supposed to be? Smaug reincarnated?
>>
>>46776328
This. Frickin' Fist of the North Star, for one. I might get lynched for "playing favorites" but looking at their prior works I think Ninjanon or McNinjanon could do a great job at it.
>>
>>46775079
>Great Lineage
Remove the bit about automatically becoming the best in your group, it's broken as shit and has potential for handing out absurd amounts of power.

>Everlasting Blessing
Reduce it to one life per jump.

>Unified Powers
People have already criticised this but I will add to it by saying it's much better then the other capstones, even as overpowered as they are.

>800-1000cp perks
I honestly think you should remove or at least reduce the power of these. It'd go a long way to making this look less like you're just handing out power.

Can't comment on whether things are canon or not, but since you've shown that you're willing to twist it I'd say to go over and make sure things aren't being made stronger then in canon just for power. And see if you can get Merchant or someone else to help you out again, that made Bartimaeus good so it shoudl fix this too.
>>
>>46775411
Many, I'm pretty sure there are no other humans besides Iji.
>>
>>46776365
Actually, last I heard in IRC I think the guy who made Metal Gear Rising was taking a stab at it.

haven't heard SHIT since then, unfortunately, neither in here or in there.
>>
>>46776342
he doesn't seem to be doing that, really? i mean...I don't know about the past, but here he seems to be changing stuff around easily enough. saw him at irc, the witch thing was changed too, and if this merge thing is also removed, what's the problem?
>>
>>46776343
I have no idea. I found it online somewhere in my wanderings, had a good laugh due to remember one of my Dungeons and Dragons games where I had an ornery Pseudodragon as a familiar, and saved it.

Also, to no one in particular, I'm going to be starting a Second Jumpchain due to a sudden lack of inspiration on the first.
>>
In Undertale since Jumpers lead violent lives; even those that try to avoid hurting people may have commuted genocide on an entire planet of bug people. Are they automatically filled with LOVE?
>>
>>46776401
He. Literally. Said he was only interested in power and power alone when he was first asked to explain his design choices. It took 4 versions of this jump for him to remove something I told him to on multiple occasions.

I frankly hope he never makes another jump again if this is the kind of attitude he takes to making jumps. And I feel sorry for Merchant having to put up with him when making the Bartimaeus Trilogy, a series I actually like and am eternally grateful turned out as well as it did.
>>
>>46776437
Yes but it shouldn't be a big deal as long as they don't deliberately attack anyone; not even Chara seems able to instantgib people with pure killing intent.

Though I recall ASA at least seemed worried enough about the prospect he decided to become a corgi to try and use the canine derp to smother any possible LOVE, so who knows.
>>
>>46776375
>great lineage
the 'have to be a strong blood relation should manage that, but I get what you're saying. I think I added a 'cannot be artificial relation' thing, but yeah, removing it and leaving things to leadership would probably be best, or just make it 'among the better specimens'.
>Everlasting Blessing
this, on the other hand would be explicitly making things quite a lot weaker than the in-universe equivalent. not a deal-breaker, but iffy.

>800-1000cp perks
meh, getting them requires you to use up your entire cp anyway. you literally have to give up everything else for them.
>>
>>46776463
>ASA at least seemed worried enough

Find that incredibly hard to believe.
>>
>>46776439
Who cares about his motive? Do you think all jumps are made for altruistic reasons? Sometimes people want shinies and are good enough to make something decent for that purpose. Sometimes not.
>>
Talking about Dresden files, what would i need to be immune to the white court soul siphoning or whatever it is they do? I need this for reasons...
>>
>>46776439
funny that, as I was around there on spacebattles. at the time. merchant literally had no input apart from a single, admittedly detailed review. I don't know how this bullshit has spread, but I think we can at least be not-ass-backward enough to give credit where it's due. it was a collab effort, but merchant was not part of the collaborators.
>>
>>46776482
You'll have to explain further.
>>
>>46776378
The scientists who put them back together are presumably still alive, her brother's alright for some time and we see humanity actually rebuilding in the ending.

Worst comes to worst, he probably has some charisma perks already.
>>
>>46776494
Kiss of Death. White Court vampires trying to drain each other end up as a contest between your Beasts. If yours is the strongest, any attempt to drain you will end very, very badly.
>>
>>46776486
>Who cares about his motive

A lot of people do. When Manyfist first made the Green Lantern Animated Series jump he tried to sneak in comic book powerlevel rings into a series set in a completely separate continuity.

Lurk more. "I want shinies" is a perfectly valid opinion, but using it as the sole basis to make a jump around is shitty as fuck.

>>46776499
I rather suspect that review was what contributed to most of its' quality, but in that case I apologise for that particular misinformation. It was something I was told in another thread.

I do not, of course, retract any of the other statements.
>>
>>46776471
Extra lives are always limited to just 1 per jump, not 8 per jump for a single option.

As for the big perks, they too broken even for that, especially all the added abilities the witch one gives.
>>
>>46776486
Most people who make Jumps don't admit they're doing it for pure power. Even Manyfist just admits he wants a specific power he can't get elsewhere, rather than trying to make things as strong as possible.
>>
>>46776559
well, that's all well and good, but now that he has made the changes and is listening, so why not just move on?
>>
>>46776559
>A lot of people do
Then they better witchhunt a lot of jumpmakers beyond him them. Only results matter, not motive.

>>46776601
You don't need to admit something for it to be a fact.
>>
>>46776616
Except he hasn't made all the changes. There are plenty of criticisms he's ignored or given power as the reason for why he won't reduce them.
>>
>>46776618
And the results are making it look like a high powered shounen or Young Justice level setting when it's only a twilight expy.
>>
>>46776618
Got any specific examples of someone making a Jump just for power, or are you talking out of your ass? Feels like most of the time it's a labor of love - I love this series, share it with me.
>>
>>46776642
If it's bad, criticize it. Just saying, complaining about his motive is meaningless.
>>
>>46776471
>>46776587
>Everlasting Blessing
Reading the perk, it doesn't mention those extra lives refreshing every jump. So, it's actually worse than most extra live perks, since those are potentially far more than 8, through limited to one per jump.

If you make that more explicit, it should be fine. Otherwise, reduce it to once per jump.
>>
>>46776645
>Anon is baiting this hard to start jumpmaker drama.
Low.
>>
>>46776618
>a lot of jumpmakers

Funny, I can't seem to think of any who are still with us.

I had an actual counterpoint ready for you but honestly the fact that he's an outlier and everyone else has at least made an effort to sell their setting beyond "mo' powers" seems fair enough.

>only results matter, not motive

Results matter insofar as setting an example for how not to do something right. And if you're talking about results-he's ignored something I told him to change for 4 versions of a jump and many more threads which is why, >>46776616, I'm feeling damn pessimistic about him cutting out the powergrabby parts.
>>
>>46776645
I made Gargoyles just to get a waifu, does that count?
>>
>>46776645
Didn't Red make Macross only to be a giant amazon? Or make that binbougami jump because she wanted fortune energy?
>>
>>46776587
eh? i suppose if it's some kind of old consensus...

as for the big perks, they... I dunno. from the jump perspective, they give you what? twilight vamp level stats, some mind-control on the imperius curse level, and immortaliy that can be countered pretty easily by anyone on, say, White Council or Dumbledore tier. in-universe they make you one of the heaviest hitters in-setting, but that sort of thing is kinda expected from something costing 2400 CP?
I'm not saying that I won't remove them no matter what, but I'm not convinced it's absolutely OP-broken.
>>
>>46775079
Seriously, whoever helped you last time? Go back and get their help again. When you had their help, you made a great jump. Without it your just another powergrabbing fool.
>>
>>46776690
Waifus count as a labor of love. Or lust, which is close enough.
>>
>>46776378
That depends on if you get one of the good endings or not. If you do, we see the survivors coming back together and rebuilding.
>>
>>46776690
...which waifu? In that case I'm honestly impressed at how low-key you were. The magical artifacts and nanobots caught my eye.

>>46776709
Oh boy, here we go again with attempting to single out a scapegoat.

On the offchance you're sincerely asking, no. No, Red did not anymore than the North Korean cartoon jump was made to prank Kim Jung Un.
>>
>>46776618
>only results matter

What are you doing here, Diavolo?
>>
>>46776714
The imperius can be fought off by sufficient strong willed 14 year olds. Your first hypnosis perk says that only the absolute most strong willed humans can even try and each further perk stacks more power on top. If they aren't that great, then maybe you shouldn't hype them up as if they're the strongest beings ever? If that's your intention, you need to go through and fix all of the descriptions.

Each perk also gives a number of extra abilities, which is truly ridiculous with what Witch gets, massive learning rate multipliers on magic and being able to share triple their own power with other people.
>>
>>46776770
Why Diavolo in particular, can I ask? That attitude totally fits Dio.
>>
>>46776690
Ooh, which one was it? Demona? Elisa?
>>
>>46776849
Lexington.
>>
>>46776863
Hilarious, but c'mon-he can speak for himself. Both the curvy villainess or the qt detective are better waifu material than the skinnyfat batman.
>>
>>46776797
Diavolo was the one who actually said the quote.

>「結果」だけだ! この世には「結果」だけが残る!!
>>
>>46776783
the learning rate one is gone, actually. part of the 800 cp perk now. and the compulsion...well, it's like this. in the show, there has been all of one instance of anyone having resisted it, and that was full-on 'save my true love- thing, and even that guy fell to it the second time.
now, on the other hand, there have been people who learned how to be immune to it and it seems basically just some kind of meditation, inner peace thing, that I gave to the drop-in, as my 'squichy mortal' origin.
the basic fact is, no perk in the jump makes the jumper any more powerful than the in-universe equivalents. witches are able to learn all magic, so the two free perks witch give you slightly above average talent in all the types. all vampires have the vampire freebies, and both werewolves that either show has focused on to any significant extent have the werewolf freebies.
>>
>>46776894
He likes dudes, can't help that. If it were me I'd be all over the crazy gargoyle bitch, but hey.
>>
>>46776690
not if it was Demona.
>>
File: 1239766708666.png (39 KB, 160x250) Image search: [Google]
1239766708666.png
39 KB, 160x250
>>46776766
>On the offchance you're sincerely asking, no. No, Red did not anymore than the North Korean cartoon jump was made to prank Kim Jung Un.
Erm... y-yes, what this anon said! I mean, there's no way I'd be so selfish as to make Macross just to be a giant curvaceous amazon to tower over other people, right? I mean that would be silly! I've totally balanced things out so c-clearly that's not the case, I'm innocent! It's just like how I'm updating Warframe to make sure the setting's represented properly! I-it's not just to get all that shiny golden bling to look like a glorious divine space-ninja... I mean that's silly! W-w-who would ever put that much effort in for something so selfish, right?

R-right?

Okay in all seriousness. I DO have some incredibly petty reasons for taking on jump projects at times. It's just that the important thing to consider is if you're making a jump, you have to account for a lot more than just your selfish whims. It's a single-player game but a multiplayer community. Always have something there for everyone else.

Forgive me for my sins.
>>
>>46776783
>>46776961
fixed the three times thing now, too.
>>
>>46776961
The learning rate is not gone, it being part of the 800cp perk, which already gives boost to magic power/skill, is what I was criticising. That alone is a 600cp perk.

If it's that strong, why were you trying to sneak it off as being much weaker? Again you do this shit man. It's like pulling teeth to get you to work with even slightly less then maximum power all the time for ever.
>>
>>46776983
If it helps, I made Rollercoaster Tycoon jump for the sole purpose of the Mr. Bones' Wild Ride drawback.

It probably shows.
>>
>>46776983
>>46777064
That's pretty much all I was telling that anon. Sometimes jumps are made, or at least started, for a reason that's not pure 'sharing'. That's not bad, there's nothing wrong with that as long as the end product is good. It's just how people are, they like things, they want things. It's not a sin.
>>
>>46776961
Was that guy like, a normal dude or a wizard or vampire or what? Because if the compulsion can just be fought off with willpower and love, that makes it sound like a less bigger deal than it's apparently being made out to be?

I won't lie, I've been fairly blunt up 'til now but I'm actually not sure how you ought to fix this. It does sound like something needs to be cleared up though.

>>46776965
I actually can't tell if you're prolonging an in-joke at my expense or not.

>>46776972
Good taste. Human form, or gargoyle form?

>>46776983
>>46777064
And look guys, there's no reason for spaghetti; I'm honestly a little tired of how this conversation has gone, would rather drop it and just want to move onto other things instead of derailing into a pity party, and I suspect the people I was arguing with feel much the same way.

Anyway the original query was whether someone made a jump just for power so it don't matter anyway. None of this matters.
>>
>>46777020
Because if you can't kick the combined asses of everyone in this setting with it as your second Jump, the jump is obviously useless.
>>
>>46777096
It's not an in joke, dude. He's literally posted about it in the thread before.
>>
>>46777020
what is that strong? I mean, 1400 cp to have top-tier learning limited to magic and a large pool of power that equates to...say, somewhat above the 'power to burn' perk in dresden files? I don't think it's too much, compared to what I

are you talking about the setting, or the specific perks? you've made a lot of attacks so far, but given about three or four suggestions, all of which I've accepted and included.
>>
>>46776849
I wish I could have waifued Eliza, but her sexual tension with Goliath starts pretty much immediately, and I can only ethically steal peoples' future Waifus before they start crushing on each other.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>46777096
>Human form, or gargoyle form?
Not him, but pic related.
>>
>>46776203
There's a WoG equating the mechanics of the Stone and the Darkhallow somewhere (I believe).

He's also definetly talked about how the Darkhallow is essentially doing the same thing that the Erkli g did to get so mighty (subsuming hundreds or thousands of spirits). Although presumaby the Darkhallow does it in a -much- shorter time frame.
>>
>>46772307

Since it was so close to end I felt like bumping the question.
>>
>>46776548
>>46776765
Aren't the scientists dead in the next room?

But yeah, I'll have to take your words for it about the endings.
>>
File: 3pgo6.jpg (21 KB, 488x339) Image search: [Google]
3pgo6.jpg
21 KB, 488x339
>25. PS238

>Heroic/Villainous Legacy [950 left]
>Herschel Clay [Homeroom] [900 left]
>Mystery Of The Mask [Free!]
>Alpha-Technological Skill [Discount Herschel Clay Homeroom] [700 left]
>Basic Super Suit [1 Free!]
>Holographic Disguise [1 Free!]
>Utility Ray (Mind Control) [Discount Alpha-Technological Skill] [600 left]
>Power Armor [Discount Alpha-Technological Skill] [200 left]
>Power Glove [0 left]
>Move On

Somehow, We feel as if We have missed the point of this.

On the other hand, We may finally have somewhere to install the Clockwerk Eyes.
>>
Does Dragon Kata and Kanka both basically let you combine magic and chi whenever? The latter seems to just be an activated super mode that gives a power boost rather then conjoined conjures for magic/chi and the former seems to just let you turn magic into chi attacks. So...I want chi magic combining but I'm not sure where everyone gets it from since these don't seem to work.
>>
>>46777184
Acronyms, man. What is KFP again?
>>
>>46775158
what I think i need is a comprehensive changelog.

so far, the issues raised have been these, each of which has been appropriately amended in the doc.

Merge is OP
Great bloodline is OP
everlasting blessing should give only 1 life in the future
Compulsion
the capstone boosters

Out of these, all other than compulsion and the boosters are fixed, the compulsions because every vampire in-universe has it, boosters because I think the price is high enough.

Now, is there anything I've missed, or should change immediately?
>>
>>46777237
Kung Fu Panda
>>
>>46777224
Yes, but the magic and chi from Spyro/Negima only.
>>
>>46777193
The scientists are dead. But there are presumably survivors outside the complex you're in.
>>
>>46777252
this is the updated version, if anyone is still interested at this point.
>>
>>46777331
So is there any reason to go drop in? It seems like the other 3 origins just get so much more cp purchases for free that drop in is inferior in every way.
>>
>>46777331
>Everlasting Blessing
It's now at the same point as most extra lives, which is good... except these aren't mentioned to refresh every jump.

Probably should put that in. Because as it reads now, it's an one-time deal.
>>
>>46777213
Robee?
>>
>>46777331
>You become the fittest person to lead any group you have strong blood ties too, with your mental and physical abilities improving to the point of making you one of the finest specimens of your pack/gang/clan, a whatever.
>Fixed great bloodline
Bullshit you did.
>>
>>46777331
I'm tired, the worst has been sorted out and so I've not much more to say. It looks better than it did at the start by a long shot, at least. Maybe after a few beers I'll convince myself it was worth it.

All I have left to say is I'm not sure if Luckless in Love's description is meant to be that short, and I find the brevity kinda charming admittedly.
>>
>>46777441
Oh fuck me, I spoke too soon.

Yeah. Definitely fix this. Good luck with this one, guys. I won't be awake for much longer.

>>46777406
I suspect the drop-in only crowd would disagree strongly with you on that.
>>
>>46777331
>Vampires
Are they weak to sunlight, and are they the usual arrogant bloodsucking "I'm better than you humans" type. I make a policy of doing the world a favor by wiping those kinds of vampires out.
>>
File: BASILISK JUMPCHAIN V1.21.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
BASILISK JUMPCHAIN V1.21.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46776172
derp I lied, I fixed it today.
>>
>>46777331
AH Vampire Diaries/ Originals

The setting where so many supernatural problems that crop up would be fixed by the immortal killing machines just fucking killing the nuisance.

excuse me while i prepare the hellfire
>>
File: Vespiquen_real.png (165 KB, 402x458) Image search: [Google]
Vespiquen_real.png
165 KB, 402x458
>>46777438
Yes, effectively.

Are not networks of machines much like hives of bees? To combine their complementary strengths, then, is to achieve efficiency unimaginable.

On an unrelated note, would the name "Melissa Mead" work in RWBY?
>>
>>46777483
weak to sunlight, but the vast majority have rings that fix that. the witch who created them also created the spell.
>>
>>46777224
Try dual art (i think it was?) from castlevania. It lets you combine magic bullshit and spiritual bullshit into some manner of gestalt super bullshit. Really expensive in terms of mana/ki though, according to perk description.
>>
>>46777566
Thanks anon, that works great.
>>
>>46777548
I think so. It's doubly punny, and if naming someone after a flower because they use that flower's color counts (Ren, Nora), then naming yourself after honey should be fine as long as you use a light golden color in your clothing.
>>
>>46777269
Some Jumpers combine all of their similar power pools together, mana with mana, chi with chi that sort of thing. It’s a pretty common practice, Quicksilver did it that way himself.
>>
>>46777602
Good for them, I guess.
>>
>>46777550
Okay, so what about the other questions? Do I need to go Angel and wipe them out, or will everything be fine if I leave them alone? Are they enemies of mankind?
>>
>>46777331
I liked the original version, but then I don't turn my nose up to power grabs like some sort of pretentious art critic.

Still, good job on the changes.
>>
>>46777616
That big DESU makes me picture you like that animu girl who's getting her face squished into a wall for some reason.

>>46777602
Doesn't that make it so they never have to buy perks like Temple of Thought or Conjoined Conjures? Fair play if that's how it was done back in the day but it does seem like they get to take some things for granted the jumps otherwise assume you don't.
>>
>>46777650
Yes anon, we already got that you're a special snowflake. No need to repeat yourself.
>>
>>46777650
Also, no one can run from their sins, desu
>>
>>46777615
not really. no real unity as a race. threat to humanity...kinda? there's a type called Ripper that have an urge to messily murder people they feed on, and time to time there are accidents, or treating humanity as pawns but most of the cast subsides on blood bags, and is just content to muddle around in their love stories and constant crises.

there are some evil vampires, though, so you might be served well with some judicias research
>>
>>46777659
Things like Temple of Thought or Conjoined Conjures are for combining the properties of similar powers. What we're talking about it combining the fuel sources for similar powers. So if you have mana from one setting and mana from another, you could use either one for either setting's magic. But you couldn't just fuse the two schools of magic together into one style with the best traits of both without Conjoined Conjures or a lot of effort and study.
>>
>>46777683
Alright then. Any end of the world apocalyptic shenanigans I should know about?
>>
File: deoxys.gif (955 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
deoxys.gif
955 KB, 500x375
>>46777681
YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM SINNING
>>
>>46777723
And yet people continue to combine their scientific practices and technologies together despite there not being an equivalent perk for them.

And before you mention HYDRA Blueprints - I looked at the jump. The Blueprints make a machine for mashing together wildly-different tech examples that takes up Warehouse space, instead of teaching you the methodology of how to do so yourself.

Even double-checked between the text-specific PDF and the imaged PDF, and it's the same either way.
>>
>>46777683
See>>46777441
You haven't fixed the perk yet. Why not?
>>
>>46777854
You do not stop whining about that do you?
>>
>>46777873
Because it's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>46777882
No, because you're whiny.
>>
>>46777743
Let's see. about a few months or so from the normal entry point, a thousand year old psychopathic hybrid is about to break the curse keeping his werewolf side suppressed, and intends to create an army of hybrids.

after that the whole supernatural afterlife is about to strike back, the oldest immortal is about to wake up...but most of it is small in scale. so only one potential apocalypse, and even that can be prevented by canon if you do nothing at all.
>>
>>46777854
And going by your logic, nobody should've been allowed to combine their powers until Young Justice.

No combinations allowed ever until the right perk comes along.
>>
>>46777871
well, i did it now. I just thought there should be a 'not just empty hype' aspect.
>>
>>46777854
...I don't see the issue here. You make a machine that combines tech

You put tech in it to combine

And then you can look at the tech-combo, figure out how it works.

Maybe rebuild the machine bigger so it can combine bigger tech things.

I don't see the issue here. Nor do I see every piece of technology must absolutely incompatible with every other one, especially the deterministic ones like Worm's. Logically if you put a lightbulb on a spaceship, that lightbulb shouldn't stop working just because you go from Star Wars to Middle Earth.
>>
>>46777854
To be fair, vast majority of people go with (most) technology available in the chain being shit "we" could figure out ourselves if we got it together, the key point here being that they ultimately rely on a single reality's laws. Barring obvious exceptions that rely on unobtanium or specific local weirdness, of course.

Which I think is objectively wrong and riles me up any time tech jumpers do anything, but whatever.

>>46777873
>>46777889
Would you be so kind as to fuck off?
>>
>>46777976
>Fuck off
>Fuck off for telling this guy who complains every chance he gets about jumpers combining technology.
How about you step off, and realize that someone harping on the same point thread after thread is irritating? How about you realize people don't like listening to your friend bitch at us? How about you stop telling people to leave for being sick of him?
>>
>>46777854
I'm really getting tired of seeing you use that argument. At least once that I've seen, you've brought it up only to have a number of Jumpers pipe up and say they try to find reasonable ways to combine technologies from different universes. I'm sure there are a few Jumpers who just mash Tech/Magi-Tech together without any thought, but most of them that I've seen put serious thought into the process. If you consider the number of years most Jumpers have to experiment and combine it with the Knowledge and Intelligence boosting perks those kind of Jumpers tend towards, of course they're going to start doing "impossible" things with technology.
>>
>>46777976
That's why I always buy the tech perks from any Jump I visit. That way I can keep their special laws of physics via Jump-Chan Fiat and combine them all together without any ambiguity over whether they're possible or not.
>>
>>46778049
>If you consider the number of years most Jumpers have to experiment and combine it with the Knowledge and Intelligence boosting perks those kind of Jumpers tend towards, of course they're going to start doing "impossible" things with technology.

Then a counterpoint - why wouldn't they be allowed to do the same with magic, spiritual practices, martial arts, powers, and other such nonsense without needing perks like Conjoined Conjures, Temple of Thought, Adaptation, Power Combinations, etc?

Not even that guy, just want to see your argument / defense as it were.
>>
>>46777955
Sure, it works fine with simple stuff like lightbulbs, because electrical resistance and incandescence are properties common to most universes. But when you get into the weird and advanced tech, then it gets fuzzy. My personal favorite example is using Element Zero together with non-Mass Effect technology. Dark energy can do very different things in different worlds. So if you plug a device based on a model of dark energy manipulation that reduces mass and warps gravity into a device based on a model of dark energy manipulation that causes electroweak symmetry breaking, you're going to get some weirdness.

Now, that doesn't mean I agree with that guy who's shouting. My interpretation is that most perks that give you technical expertise would also give you the foundation to resolve the differences, given time. Any decent engineer, once they figure out what's conflicting with their system, should be able to fix it so it works they way they want it to. But it would take time and effort to develop a new design instead of just treating it as plug and play.
>>
>>46777854
Starting to wish Red would remove that perk from Warframe, if only because your bullshit cropped up around that time the first Pastebin was posted for that.
>>
>>46778122
You want to repeat the argument that guy stirs up all the time?
>>
>>46778122
I always assumed they could, and it would just take a lot of time and effort. I see those perks as shortcuts to understanding underlying theory rather than true enablers. With them you can figure it out in a snap, without them you have to do lots of research until you understand the magic or powers or whatever at their most basic level, so that you can build them back up from first principles.
>>
Could you niggers stop judging each other over every little god damn thing.
>>
>>46778122
If you're talking about the YJ one- well. There's only so much hard work and actual thought will get you. I don't think any amount of practice will let a power that lets you shoot fire from your body be used through objects you're controlling remotely through some form of -kinesis.

Can't speak for the others.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>46777854
>there not being an equivalent perk

You...may want to check out The Polity (Prototyper) and Worm (Reverse Engineering, Tinker shard) sometime.

>>46778142
See above.

>>46777854
>>46777976
>the key point here being that they ultimately rely on a single reality's laws

OOC: I can't speak for anyone else and I would not pass judgement on them for doing otherwise because the exact details are, I know from experience, a headache to figure out on a case-by-case basis but I can honestly say I've never "just assumed" everything necessarily works the same as it does. It really depends on a case-by-case basis

e..g. ArTon stuff is contingent on being able to provide sufficient grathmelde to be able to generate the right frequencies, Worm stuff is pretty versatile because it runs on deterministic principles but some of it may work less well in worlds where multiverse theory is different from that which has been observed from Earth Bet, ditto for Biomega/Blame stuff ostensibly although the GBE likely does weird things in places where gravity doesn't play nice.

And so on, and so forth. Half the fun for me is figuring things out slowly, but I can definitely see why other folks just handwave it.

Don't even get me started on Sword & Sorcery, where I'm not sure if lightbulbs run the risk of attracting the lightning spirits if kept on for too long.

IC: It's why we acquired Bounded Field thaumaturgy focus and Blazblue magic early on. Being able to create limited areas where the rules of reality are temporarily suspended to an extent is invaluable as protection in future realities.
>>
>>46778256
Oh I recognize there are similar perks out there broheim.

But this little bitch only started his griping when the Warframe paste was posted with that Grineer capstone.
>>
>>46770757
>tfw my mere presence slowly repairs the psychologically damaged

Which perk is this?
>>
>>46778210
No.
>>
File: 1433268590583.jpg (161 KB, 910x1024) Image search: [Google]
1433268590583.jpg
161 KB, 910x1024
>>46778142
>>46778299
...I'm gonna say right now that I only wanted to represent the shit that Captain Vor did, and apologize for any drama that it's caused.
>>
>>46778309
There are a couple of them, so I'm not sure which he's referring to, but my favorite perk along those lines is Existence Is Not Living from Black Lagoon.
>>
>>46778309
There's several out there; Soul Eater has one, Worm has a perk tree dedicated to it, the various shounen jumps often have shounen protagonist-like effects, Persona has a psychologist perk, Generic Sugar Bowl is kind of all about that, you get the idea.

>>46778348
Also, don't. You have done nothing wrong Keep that perk in. Spite the fucker so he learns the hard way not to push his fanwank on other people.
>>
>>46778348
Eh, not your fault. There's perks like it, and those barely get mentioned.
>>
>>46778348
*his fanwank and his prejudices

But yeah, as our resident harvest and undeath deity pointed out there's loads of other things that do similar stuff anon neglected to mention because he's a basic bitch.
>>
>>46778122
I've never been one to argue that they couldn't. It just doesn't seem reasonable after you consider things for a while. Just like one can do with technology, one can advance the theory of magic with sufficient time, knowledge, and experimentation. While I will admit there are a number of magical systems that wouldn't play nice with each other for one reason or another (like >>46778256 pointed out), most of them should be able to co-mingle with some effort.

Take Dungeon and Dragons Metamagic Perks. Silent Spell and Still Spell are fairly basic feats. I would never argue that with some time and effort these same perks could not be applied to Final Fantasy magic systems. And that's just a very basic example.
>>
>>46778348
You're fine, bitches bein bitches.

Although good one for sharing that perk's inspiration.
>>
Okay, idea for a combo I've been thinking of: Last Bug Standing (Nightmare Before Christmas) plus Queen Administrator (Worm). Last Bug Standing turns you into a swarm of bugs with your consciousness not in any given bug but distributed throughout all of them, and you can absorb new bugs into your swarm to make up for any lost or grow. But if you grow too big you lose control of them. Queen Administrator gives infinite multitasking, with a focus on controlling bugs. But it has limited range, so there's a practical limit to how many you can control at once. If I combined the two, Last Bug Standing should deal with Queen Administrator's range issues (as I AM the bugs, the distance from me to them is "0") and Queen Administrator should deal with Last Bug Standing's problems with controlling large amounts. Does this mean that as long as none of my swarm moves farther from the rest than Queen Administrator's total range, that I could be a hivemind with no upper limit to my size? I'm imagining taking this with perks that handle life support, remove my need for food, and let me ignore gravity, and then just growing into an enormous swarm of locusts the size of a galaxy.
>>
Jumpers I have a question for you. Asses, Thighs, Legs, Abs, or Tits?
>>
>>46778256
>I can honestly say I've never "just assumed"

Not intentionally, maybe, but some of your pastebins have the "how I got to this point" segments literally summed up with 'WELL I EVENTUALLY FIGURE OUT HOW THIS WORKS SO LET'S SKIP THIS AND GET TO THE FUN PART.'

Again, might not be intentional but there are assumptions from you that I've noticed.
>>
File: love.gif (180 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
love.gif
180 KB, 300x300
>>46778671
Love.
>>
>>46778671
Tits are life, Ass is hometown.
>>
>>46778671
You forgot hips.
>>
>>46778671
you're doing it wrong, all of the above!
>>
>>46778671
Is it so wrong to like a little bit of everything?
>>
>>46778711
Shit I knew I forgot something.
>>
>>46778671
>Asses, Thighs, Legs, Abs, or Tits?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MStoUfrsCig
>>
>>46778748
>>46778724
I never said you could choose only one.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46778689
...oh. Really? Oh, okay. Damn, that's a lot of stuff I'll have to look through at...some point where I'm not occupied with other commitments.

I'm almost certain most of what I said about that, if I said that, pertained to magic/spirit/psychic/alchemy stuff, not TECH in particular though. Or else it got folded under magitech which askl;gnasokgnok oh god /magitech/ gsrkjago;skj /BIOMAGITECH/ ogrijeogkregrkoe;l'

>>46778671
Also, it's what inside that counts.

No seriously, once you perfect X-ray vision you learn to appreciate someone who takes care of their liver.
>>
>>46778671
Girl abs are a beautiful thing, but I like all of them in general.

So hey, Forgotten Realms. Suppose one refuses to take part in the dragon meme and actually buys classes, under the assumption that the lack of game mechanics combined with his learning boosts will make up for the split focus. He has chosen Binder and True Namer already due to liking their fluff and not getting screwed over by poor/sloppy game design. What else would you recommend he get? I like the sound of Sha'ir and Incarnate, but I haven't looked more about them up yet.

Also, how the hell does Factotum work once you're in there doing things for real, and what's different about Savant? Can't find any real information on the latter.
>>
So I was thinking, the loyalty ending of Dishonored gives you the power to give one specific power to eight different people. Could I use Ensouled to store that in an item (or Real Eater Ensouled to store to store it directly in the person) so other people could do the same thing?
>>
>>46778838
basically you dabbled in a lot of things and can use the inspiration you've gathered from having some training and everything to do a halfway decent job at anything, you're literally doing it the same way the classes you're mimicking do it just not as good because you haven't put in the training. I don't know what Savant is, apparently it was from one of the magazines and only the most hard-core fans pay Attention to those.
>>
>>46778810
Single man looking for woman with no appendix.
>>
>>46778689
>'WELL I EVENTUALLY FIGURE OUT HOW THIS WORKS SO LET'S SKIP THIS AND GET TO THE FUN PART.'
You are going to love Genius. That's how Axioms work, except the part you skip over is why the laws of the universe don't slap you down.
>>
File: image.png (426 KB, 700x870) Image search: [Google]
image.png
426 KB, 700x870
>>46778671
All of the above. But if I had to choose one, abs. Because women with amazing tits, ass, legs, or all of the above can be found anywhere in the multiverse, but it's a lot rarer to find one with some magnificent lady-muscles who also doesn't look like a slab of steroids.

Not impossible, though.
>>
So jumpers, a lot of arguments have started over people interpreting something to be far more powerful then it is, but who else here has interpreted things as being LESS powerful so as not to become gamebreaking? Or, alternatively, not taken something because it's too strong in your mind?

For example, I interpret souls absorbed with dark binding as simply fueling my various magic reserves. Mainly due to just how many people I kill.
>>
File: coloredit2.png (1 MB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
coloredit2.png
1 MB, 900x1273
>>46779231
>but who else here has interpreted things as being LESS powerful so as not to become gamebreaking?
Story of my fucking life. And I am a plebian because of it.

But in all seriousness, it's because I feel a bit more comfortable in working on things on a personal level.

>>46778671
>not going for the whole package
>pic related
Always be the best. Always go for the best.
>>
129. Ravenloft
Perks: Iron Will (-100), Magic Resistance (-300), Mist Walker (-300)
Items: Sacred Scarf (-100), Mask of Shadows (-200)

So, I'm resistant to all but the most extreme of mind controls, can travel swiftly and freely across the lands, and have no deep need to be heroic or villainous.

I'm going to be a mailman. There's going to be adventures and traveling and delivering love letters between cruel vampires and the occasional conversation with a Darklord. I'm going to give Adam a hug if I can. But that would defeat the point of his curse, so the powers that be won't let me. I'm probably also going to boop warwilbs on the nose when they get uppity, and have dinner with cannibals, and go dancing with a flesh golem or two. I mean, I'm probably going to be hated by people for being monstrous, but so what? There's always people who need messages delivered and I am very reliable. The level of responsibility of the messenger is probably a good point to examine here, but I'm going to Kino no Tabi this and try to remain a passive observer, fail, and keep moving.

The real problem is the Kerykeion and the Light are now subject to the whims of the dark powers. Those are actually a weak point for my companions and can be used to get them to do a lot of things they really shouldn't. Managing them will be hard, and that's my weak point. They are important and I have to keep them from becoming a darklord or something. So, I'm also playing counselor as well as mailman. I'm not going to lie to them or anything, but helping people work through their issues without turning them into toys or objectives is exhausting. Still, it's the healthy route. This is very much a therapy jump of necessity.

>>46778810
>once you perfect X-ray vision you learn to appreciate someone who takes care of their liver.
Which is a major reversal of how I deal with people beforehand.

>>46779064
Oh shit, I was working on that. Something was bugging me.
>>
>>46779231
I get bored as fuck at high power levels, so I just assume durability perks always tone themselves down so my enemies can injure me, and any plot-relevant enemy I face will be able to tank some hits from anything I do.
>>
>>46779231
That's not so much interpretation as it is ignoring what the text says outright.
>>
>>46779345
It's kinda hard to do that and seem legit when you can move at the speed of light in something like Akame ga Kill. At a point it just gets silly how much your power fluctuates.
>>
>>46779438
I'd rather be silly than without challenge.
>>
>>46768884
Light of Terra.
I like how babylon presents his jumps. What the jump lacks in interesting perks it made up for in interesting scenarios. It also introduced me to 40k, so, badass setting.
>>46774140
Neither. Relying on higher powers is foolish. Now, if you could siphon god's power or consume the demon, of course.
>>46774759
The color changes depending on what crystal i've got in there. Other that that, it's just a juiced up lightsaber, thanks to every z-saber and laser upgrade i get my hands on essentially being combined. It also shares a handle with my whip, allowing for a saber that wraps around my arm. not bad for combo moves.
>>46778671
Shoulders and arms. is that a fetish?
>>
>>46775789
While making crystals for your lightsaber by using the Star Forge is indeed a Bad Idea, the Star Forge is not a mandatory requirement for making synthetic crystals (whether red or any other colour).
>>
>>46779564
I wouldn't be surprised, I know a guy who can only get off on seeing people's backs.
>>
>>46779593
Hijacking this:

What kind of beam color would a Krayt Dragon Pearl produce?
>>
>>46771718
So is squid ink because the writers power-leveled themselves into a corner?

>>46774759
Ultimately I went with a Master Key hilt from Tenchi Muyo. The grip is much more comfortable.
>>
>>46779593
my understanding was that red=made in the star forge, if I'm wrong that anon should go ahead and have a red light saber, I was just trying to warn them.
>>
>>46779231
I assume I'm not the only person Jump-Chan gives perks to. I also assume she has a playfully antagonistic relationship with me, and likes to do things like wake up sleeping evils or add in major felonies to my backgrounds to see how I deal with it.
>>
>26. Generator Rex

>Rolled New York City
>26 years old (rolled)
>Nanite Project Scientist [Background]
>Nanite Sciences [Free Nanite Project Scientist]
>Leader of the Pack [Discount Nanite Project Scientist] [900 left]
>EVO Creation [Discount Nanite Project Scientist] [700 left]
>Enhanced Body [600 left]
>Technopathy [400 left]
>Nanite Telepathy [0 left]
>Move On

Dropping the Royal We for a moment.

I have no idea what I'm doing. Send help.
>>
>>46778838
Warlock + Magical Craftsman. Craft all the magical things, even if you have no clue how they work whatsoever. Because you just shove magic in them until they do what you want.

>Wizard: da fuq? how? what? but I don't even?
>Warlock: Because I'm Batmana Warlock, that's how.
>>
File: GRhlDCs.jpg (468 KB, 600x4061) Image search: [Google]
GRhlDCs.jpg
468 KB, 600x4061
>>46774759
Blue blade, with a button that toggles the power state when held to make it easier to pull off advanced techniques.
>>
File: nana.png (22 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
nana.png
22 KB, 300x250
>>46779840
>Batmana
>>
>>46778671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE
>>
Hey, Evangelion question, if I grabbed the Fanon/Favorites' list drawbacks and take Nobody Dies as an Angel, does that boost me to the levels they displayed in that fic? Because Zeruel and ADAM are crazy there. How crazy? Zeruel no sells nukes, not N2s but NUKES, blows off part of the moon when he takes off, and smashes through Everest on arrival before obliterating the Chinese military, and them promptly takes on four Cherubs by himself, killing one or two of them and sending the rest running, and considering there is a Zeruel expy option...and then there's ADAM, who at half power incinerates a planet with a glance. I know for damn sure I won't be able to reach his level, but could I reach Big Z's?
>>
>>46779692
... After some googling, apparently Krayt Dragon Pearls are crystals despite their pearl-like appearance and come in a variety of colours (presumably dependant on the mineral diet of the dragon); the blade gains a pearlescent effect, and if the pearl is used as the primary crystal then the blade is the same colour as the pearl.
>>
>>46780052
Unless it says so, no you don't get boosted.

Though I'm not the guy who wrote it (Muyo?). Is he even around anymore?
>>
File: 8dd.png (192 KB, 588x642) Image search: [Google]
8dd.png
192 KB, 588x642
>>46780052
>He expects Muyo to answer.
>>
>>46780107
Damn, that's a shame, I would have loved to pull off Zeruel's over the top entrances myself. But no, as far as I know, Muyo is gone. Shame, he was going to make Rebuild next.
>>
>>46775466
Running a love hotel. Deadpool was right, you ARE the hentai industry.
>>
>>46779007
Meant more how I advance in my class in-jump (am I just preternaturally good at basic training/picking shit up?), but thanks man.

>>46779840
I adore the mental image, but I'll have to start dropping the classes I'm getting just for fun to afford the origin Craftsman is discounted for. Thank you, though.
>>
>>46780162
Nah, I knew Muyo was gone, I just figured I'd ask in case someone did know.
>>
>>46780107
He is not around.
>>
>>46776983
I disagree, first off if we are talking "selfish whims" who is deciding what that is? I mean perhaps the jumpmaker should know when its blatant powergaming? Ok, sure, but then how much does his opinion on what is power gaming matters when challenged by the community? It's obvious that even what is the community's opinion is changing one merely has to look at jumps made to see that.

And if its the community's opinion well look at how divided that can be at times, should we only be able to decide what to do when we seem to have a large enough support base? Should ever decision truly be up to how many posts you can get supporting a decision?
>>
>>46780243
>Nah, I knew Muyo was gone,

...I didn't...
Wait, so is Evangelion rebuild off the table now? Muyo is gone for good?
>>
>>46778671
Yes. But seriously, height. Nothing gets the motor running like a gal who towers over everyone.
But of the options, legs > tits > asses > thighs > abs
>>
>>46780345
As far as I know? Yeah. And no one can work on it for obvious reasons.
>>
Umm, at whomever is working on 1984:

>If you want a picture of the future, imagine a human face stomping on a boot. Forever.

How would a face stamp on a boot?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.