[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you play role playing games in a floatation chamber?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: i-sopod-with-girl-floating.png (327 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
i-sopod-with-girl-floating.png
327 KB, 600x450
Would you play role playing games in a floatation chamber?
>>
File: arnold.jpg (29 KB, 545x420) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
29 KB, 545x420
>>46772984
My sheets would get wet
>>
>>46772984

I played with your mom on her flotation chamber.
>>
File: how.png (82 KB, 558x421) Image search: [Google]
how.png
82 KB, 558x421
>>46772984

Depends on the games. How do I roll dice in water?

Or is this a virtual reality thing, where the walls are screens?

I'm not sure where you are going with this, OP.
>>
>>46773080

Maybe the DM's voice is piped in, and he rolls the dice from a separate control room?

In any case, I'd give it a shot. I've always wanted to try a sensory deprivation tank but couldn't justify the money so what the hell.
>>
What exactly is this?
Some sort of fancy bathtub?
>>
>>46772984
yup, right after I take some alfabrane and inject krill oil

my goal is to become a gaming MUNNNSTERRRR
>>
>>46773108

And, as your character takes damage, more water gets piped into the tank, making everything feel more claustraphobic and threatening. You have less and less space between yourself and the ceiling, and the knowledge that if your character dies you wont have any room for air.

Obviously its just pretend, your GM wouldn't really kill you. Would he?
>>
>>46773156
>your GM wouldn't really kill you. Would he?

Only one way to find out.
>>
>>46773121
It's a chamber where you can't see, hear or feel anything, the idea is that you lie still inside for a long time & your brain won't be getting any stimulus so eventually it'll start making up its own.

In other words it's a bathtub with a lid that lets you trip balls
>>
>>46773156

As I begin to asphyxiate, my female DM's husky voice whispering threats into my ear, I play my best since it's just a game, after all.
>>
>>46772984
>Would you play role playing games in a floatation chamber?
Sensory input kiiiiiiiiiiind of defeats the point.
>>
>>46773430
> it's a bathtub with a lid that lets you trip balls

this is the only description I've found that does it justice

these things are fucking awesome guys. Not to sound morbid, but I'd really recommend everybody tries it before they die.
>>
>>46773623
So how effective is this chamber in bringing the imaginary into complete focus?
>>
Wouldn't complete sensory deprivation make you go a little nuts? Surely you couldn't spend too long in there at least.
>>
>>46773156
I can say with certainty that my GM would do it if he could get away with it. But that's mostly because he's a sociopath and likes to fuck with our characters.
>>
>>46773721
that's where the interaction with playing an rpg becomes interesting. Usually the hallucinations are the result of your subconcious, and can be influenced by music and shit like that. When you're drifting, there's a lot of vivid stuff going on. Trying to actively engage in an RPG and seeing if that makes it apparent *could* help with the immersion, but I really don't know to what extent
>>
>>46772984
>floatation chamber
It's called a Sensory Deprivation Tank you mongoloid.
>>
File: tumblr_me9qamYkO71rvfjz8o1_500.gif (428 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me9qamYkO71rvfjz8o1_500.gif
428 KB, 500x375
>>46775024
Probably cause a schizoid break.
>>
>>46775043

If he's piping in audio it's not really depriving all your senses. At that point it kinda is just a tank for floating.
>>
>>46772984
I would fucking love to listen to audiobooks in one of those. I don't know if the sound would break the illusion, but it's worth a try. That's the downside. If you can hear something, your brain is getting outside data. If your brain is getting outside data, it's getting something that it can cling onto. The idea of a floatation chamber is that your brain has nothing external to work with.

I hope this didn't sound rambling. I'm tired as shit and need to sleep.
>>
>>46776137
I'd be afraid that any outside noise would be abrasive as fuck.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.