[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Hulk lands in the Dark Sun setting. What happens /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 86280-14791-planet-hulk.jpg (66 KB, 484x640) Image search: [Google]
86280-14791-planet-hulk.jpg
66 KB, 484x640
>The Hulk lands in the Dark Sun setting.
What happens /tg/?
>>
Are we talking "big strong dude and little more" Hulk or "bullshit cosmic-powered" Hulk?
>>
>>46764862
What ever you think would cause the most win.
>>
>>46764783
You have just described the plotline for Planet Hulk.
Hulk lands on barbaric planet with super-powerful strong guys and space magic. Hulk does quite well.
>>
>>46764783
Probably a lot of screaming. And a lot of smashing. Of every fashion.
>>
>>46764783
The hull lands in a desert in the middle of nowhere and has nothing to be angry about so changes back to Bruce Banner. Bruce Banner then dies of dehydration.
>>
As far as Dark Sun goes, I'm working on a character idea for 2e. Mostly finished, but some technical stuff.

So, building a Jezst style Gladiator, NE Elf. I rolled Molecular Agitation, so I figured on making his finishing move to grab the head of his still living opponent and use the power to burn his skull clean, like a Mortal Kombat style fatality.

Now, my problem is, getting my opponent to the point of being helpless while still being alive.

One idea I had was to go with duel wielding whips and focus on stuff to disarm and disable my opponent, while doing as little damage to him as possible(drawing the fight out and making the dude suffer, of course). My question is, beyond trip and disarming, are there any other maneuvers one can do with whips? Stuff to render them helpless or weakened would be a great choice, if possible.
>>
>>46765358
What if dehydration makes him mad?
>>
>>46765358
Eh if Bruce needs to be Hulk to survive, he'll become the Hulk
>>
>>46765575
It's proven that dying just makes him hulk out. He'd probably hulk around for an issue or two punching things that attack him until some Sorc-King finds out about the "super Orc" fucking everyone's shit up and either try and catch him for gladiatorial hulking or try and hire him to go do whatever Sorc-Kings get interested in doing.
>>
>>46765358
>Has never read an actual Hulk story.
>>
>>46765627
Orcs don't exist in Dark Sun. Or rather, they were genocided long ago.
>>
The Hulk is in the same category of "Retarded Boring as Fuck Heroes Who Can't Die and Are Never Truly Challenged" as super man.

So someone with incredible strength who is totally invincible gets put in dark sun?

Either gets imprisoned or smashes.
>>
>>46767500
I mean, it's absolutely lost something in the passing of comic time, but the whole point of the Hulk was that the challenge was the Hulk itself. Bruce Banner was the hero, the Hulk was a monster he had to face.
>>
>>46764931
Didn't he start talking on the regular and become fucking king of the planet before his waifu/kingdom/planet was destroyed by some shit?

>>46767639
Puny Banner.
>>
>>46767500
>The Hulk is in the same category of "Retarded Boring as Fuck Heroes Who Can't Die and Are Never Truly Challenged" as super man.

Confirmed for not knowing jackshit about comics.
>>
File: hulk.jpg (98 KB, 525x800) Image search: [Google]
hulk.jpg
98 KB, 525x800
Hulk is not invincible. Actual common magic like this would be his downfall. He just has plot armor and friends to help him with things he cant beat, and his technology too. Pic related, if some dark god got miffed at his interference, this would be the result.
>>
>>46769517
>barbarian_meets_wizard_in_3.5.jpg
>>
>>46767500
Hulk jobs
>>
File: 3318872-3455262837-25881.jpg (224 KB, 644x1024) Image search: [Google]
3318872-3455262837-25881.jpg
224 KB, 644x1024
>>46769799
Hulk also got smashed by Zeus

>barbarian meets transcendental barbarian
>>
>>46769517
>Dark Sun
>gods
>>
>>46769947
"I shouldn't have drank those six green apple slurpees before I fought this god."
>>
>>46767500
>superman is boring meme

Bad stories are boring. Kingdom Come and All-Star Superman are great
>>
File: images (27).jpg (34 KB, 250x378) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
34 KB, 250x378
>>46764783
A more interesting question.

The Illuminatti + Hulk versus an army of your choice. What would be a fair match up
>>
>>46769517
Remember kids: Hulk survives on damage resistance.
The moment you breach it, you can literally fuck him over.

Even better: Attack his molecular structure or his saves.
>>
File: Hulk - O Último Titã (16).jpg (146 KB, 450x712) Image search: [Google]
Hulk - O Último Titã (16).jpg
146 KB, 450x712
>>46770046
He regenerates
He gets tougher and stronger too, if you anger him
>>
>>46770046
the problem is that he is incredibly fast by D&D standards, even if he's not all that fast by superhero standards. he would almost certainly go first and 1-hit-KO virtually anything.

i'm sure you could do with some strange build in 3e, but as of 5e you would find it difficult to take him out without him putting you into the side of the mountain first.
>>
>>46770078
The Hulk regenerates.
The Hulk is angrier
The Hulk collapses even faster from dehydration.
>>
>>46770102
>google his speed
>run at 400 mph
What the fuck
>>
>>46770020
Supreme commander army. There's nothing that can beat quadratic growth.
>>
>>46770116
>hulk
>dehydration
>>
>>46768933
>Didn't he start talking on the regular and become fucking king of the planet before his waifu/kingdom/planet was destroyed by some shit?
The other heroes of Earth had gotten sick of worrying about whether the Hulk was going to ruin something important at any given moment, so they shipped him off-world in a one-way spacecraft to a habitable planet far off in the cosmos. Banner fell into depression at being exiled, so he just let Hulk run the show, leading to a moderate increase in Hulk's intelligence now that they weren't constantly fighting eachother.

The planet they ended up on turned out to be inhabited by super-strong natives, and Hulk found he could interact with people day-to-day without fearing that he'd rip their arm off by mistake. He was happy and eventually found a wife.
>>
>>46770144
the weak-point of a SupCom army is the ACU. professor X could hijack it and make the whole army dismantle itself. stark or reed could make some bullshit computer virus to shut down the robots.
>>
>>46768933
>>46770176
Then the ship's failsafe went off.
See, Banner is a genius, and everybody on Earth knew it, so they were afraid that he could repair the ship and come back home pissed. So, they designed the ship's reactors to melt down a few years after arrival (once Hulk had presumably built a proper living place elsewhere on the planet) in order to cut off that avenue of escape. The meltdown would release a shitload of gamma radiation, but the Hulk is immune so they didn't see a problem with the plan.

Guess who wasn't immune to gamma rays? Hulk's wife. And friends. Or anybody else on the planet, which nobody back on Earth had realized was populated. Oops!
Basically everybody that made Hulk enjoy his new life died horrible deaths from radiation poisoning.

Banner, who up until this point was content to simply exist as a silent voice in Hull's head and watch, was furious. Hulk was several orders of magnitude beyond merely "furious". And for the first time, Banner and the Hulk were 100% in sync in their thinking. Instead of fighting over who's in charge, they worked together with a single purpose, dedicated entirely to "FUCK EARTH AND EVERYBODY ON IT." So he whipped the remaining population of the planet into service with the strength of his immensely multiplied RAGE, and started building spacecraft with about ten million times the labor force his exilers had assumed would be available.

And that's why World War Hulk happened.
>>
File: Hulk end.jpg (230 KB, 600x912) Image search: [Google]
Hulk end.jpg
230 KB, 600x912
>>46770300
The ship was designed fine. One of Hulk's new crew of alien superstrong friends didn't want Hulk going soft and domesticated. He wanted him vengeful, angry, and always fighting. So he rigged the ship to explode. Only Hulk and some of his Warbound crew were strong enough to withstand the blast directly.

The rest of his kingdom full of citizens and his wife were blown to kingdom come down through the crust of the planet. Of course, said "friend" kept up the mantra of hate he'd been dealing with in the aftermath.

"Never stop making them pay."

They had some older stone ships from his wife's race(extra powerful earth element users) lying around. So the Warbound got together(who are all as strong as Hulk on baseline) and they went to do exactly what you said.

In the end, they found out what actually happened, and Hulk almost destroyed North America with the prelude to his anger's eruption after he found out about the betrayal. It took an orbital strike and a fight with their analogue of Superman to end it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.