[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time your character was maimed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 23
File: Poor Galfa.png (2 MB, 1644x908) Image search: [Google]
Poor Galfa.png
2 MB, 1644x908
When was the last time your character was maimed?
>>
Lost an arm defending her home, adding to the total of missing leg, eye, and ear.
>>
>>46762313
Now she can be a pirate.
>>
>>46762175
I nearly took off a pcs arm last week in my gurps game. They triage it right away and healed magically immediately, though, so all was good.

They regularly decapitate or dismember foes in combat. Exceptional strength in finely crafted chopping weapons will do that.
>>
>>46762325
That would be pretty cool actually.
>>
>>46762175
One of my players sacrificed an eye to the Fates for the ability to recall a persons spirit into the nearest body.

Then there was the lizardfolk who got his entire leg ripped off by a direwolf.
>>
>>46762175
Goddamn that's brutal.
>That fucking look in his eyes
The closest he ever got was getting his blood drained to dangerously low levels as an unwilling part of a ritual. Like as if someone had cut him open all over without asking.
>>
>>46762175
Had his pelvis shattered by Amazons, and not in the way one would hope either. They tied him down and dropped a boulder onto him from a cliff in the hopes of hitting him in the torso region and ending him. Their aim was off.
>>
>>46762175
Rogue Trader. My Navigatrix characters legs got blown off during a skirmish when our ship was boarded. Amazingly enough she survived. The Captain of the ship felt so bad about the incident that she was gifted a set of brand new custom made cybernetic legs.
>>
>>46762175
High-level character, with troll-like healing properties.
The last time he was maimed was a bullet to the head, a couple weeks ago.

Outside of stuff that was healed, I had a character shatter his femur. Had to make do with minimal healing for a couple months, and when he reached civilization, he had the bone shards removed, and the femur replaced.
>>
>>46762175
D&d
My cleric just lost an arm, after getting critted twice in a row. It was that or die immediately the GM gave me a break and gave me a choice, lose a limb or die.

Good news is that now platemail is 20% off permanently. And I welded my shield to my arm stump so all I really lose is climbing, and a few useless things like bows.

Call of Cthulhu
My character cut both arms off so that he could use magic better. He somehow isn't insane yet. His special attacks are, kick, headbutt and ask Ally to turn page.

He is also somehow still the driver. Thank God for automatics.
>>
The right side of her face was pretty much obliterated by a massive backhand from a massive orc. Punched out most of the teeth on that side of her face. She has a lisp and has to chew on her left side exclusively because of it.
>>
Oh right, would be when he was about 12, a horse fell over on him while riding it and crushed his leg. Now he's lame and terribly afraid of horses, which is just peachy because Westeros requires horse travel to get around in land. The older children of the house holding him hostage torment him for it too.
>>
Whenever my PCs take a large amount of damage, about 1/3 of max hp or so, I give them an option to minimize the hp damage, take some ability penalties and be maimed instead.

Most recently I tore up a school-girl witch's throat making it difficult for her to speak/eat/drink for about a week after magical healing.
>>
>>46762175
DH Adept had his nose and arm torn off by some xenobeast. He had them replaced, but could never smell anything ever again.
>>
>>46762489
poor girl, what penalties did she take?
>>46762175
run over by a train. Every bone in my left leg and arm shattered. I shall forever walk with a limp. And my arm shouldn't bend at quite that angle. Good thing I'm a righty.
>>
File: 1460997528464.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1460997528464.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>46762175
My current Hell's Rebels character is a Dual Cursed Oracle that's missing an arm and a leg. He's min-maxed into logistics, and makes the Dia- I mean, the Silver Ravens insanely good. He absolutely hates Ciph- I mean, Cheliax and Thrune, because he just lost his limbs escaping them burning down half the important places in the city.
He's been fun. He plays well with my friend's Slayer/Strangler Brawler, Big Bo- I mean, King Raven. We also have a Half Elf Bolt Ace that uses Hand Crossbows, codenamed Revo- I mean Bolting Panther.
And the last player has a Construct Rider Alchemist. His name is Huey.

Recently, we captured an Imp that seems to follow King Raven's Orders...

King Raven and Huey are both maimed as well. If they're players are here, they can describe it. Y'all can probably figure it out on your own though.
>>
>>46762175
Last session, his legs were bitten off, he was flung a dozen feet in the air, and then eaten by a dragon. Luckily, he was the cleric, and kept himself from bleeding out/dying from other natural causes while the rest of the party killed the dragon.

Now we are trying to figure out how to get out of the dungeon to get the poor guy fixed up, and the dragon apparently has a "curse" that makes it respawn every sundown, so we have that to deal with, too.
>>
>>46762709
It's perfect.
https://youtu.be/JxFeOnd359k
>>
>>46762742
How many times did the dragon crit him Jesus..and it respawns? Why even bother fighting the dragon if it respawns anyway...did it give XP? Did the cleric lose levels for dying? He must have died after losing multiple limbs and getting thrown while suffering massive trauma..and bloodloss. I need information as to how this is possible.

Also, if you haven't resolved it yet.
>kill the cleric, cut off his head.
>take the head back with you.
>find a cleric in a nearby town, pay around 10 thousand gold.
>enjoy your brand new cleric -1 level.

Otherwise just leave him for dead and take all his stuff.
>>
Current character is completely intact, surprisingly.

My last major character, a Rogue Trader lost an arm to the halberd of an Eldar Banshee Exarch. Took it off at the elbow, but the power field pretty much fried the upper arm as well and the whole arm had to be replaced.

My Seneshcal also lost a leg just below the knee to another banshee in the same fight. That was an ugly fight for us.

Man, that was literal years ago, how have I managed to go so long without getting horribly maimed? I guess I just play far less lethal/nasty games these days.
>>
One of my players characters had to amputate their arm, in a recent game.

He was rummaging through some treasure in a dirty cave, when they were suddenly bit by a strange insect. The bug burrowed in to their skin and started tearing it's way up his arm. The party cleric did a knowledge medicine check, to discern that it was burrowing it's way up to his heart.

They immediately cut off his arm. He still follows the party, but he only carries a torch or a shield.
>>
>>46762489
What system are you playing? In many systems, hit points don't actually represent a character's physical condition, up to a certain point, so much as they represent the character's ability to not die.
>>
>>46762175
This wasn't recent, but my Rogue Trader seneschal lost each of his arms in two separate encounters with a Dark Eldar Inubi. He wasn't really put off by the whole affair (Insanity 40 by then, my GM hated how I was immune to Fear 2) and just bought a pair of best quality bionics, which I decided were fucking gold plated.
>>
Took a serious chunk out of his throat and shoulder. He lived but the scar was pretty terrible. Have a neat tattoo to cover it up now though

Good thing too since the character is exceedingly vain and doesn't take well to the idea of not being beautiful as possible.
>>
>>46762927
Wait I missed a small portion...HE WAS FUCKING EATEN?!?!??

no way. I can overlook missing limbs and being able to keep himself alive, but being eaten and being boiled in a dragons stomach acid? No, I can't believe he would be alive. Or capable of healing himself or whatever.

Holy shit did he sleep with the GMs wife? Husband? Pet dog?

Not only losing his legs but flung like a child's toy and EATEN.

What kind of cleric is he? Is he a masochist? Does he have 90 con?

So many questions..
>>
>>46762175
Mine? Shit...Been a while. I think maybe a year or so? Post-apoc Not!Fallout with bizarro not!Bending-magic or whatever the fuck we're actually doing (weird as hell, but fun as hell too, so it's all good). No magic on my end, just simple basic shooty stabby stuff. Anyway, if I remember right, I was wrestling a raider since my trusty sidearm ran dry on his buddies, and long story short, a bad set of rolls ended with him biting off my right ring and pinky fingers before I could turn his head into paste.

Now my buddy, he's had it worse recently. About a month ago, his character - a midget demoman with a shotgun, I shit you not - got caught in a raider-nest trap and ended up lopped off at the knees by one fucker with a machete. We got to him in time to work some healing hoodoo shit, but couldn't save the legs. Well, turns out I'm both the biggest and the strongest, sooo, looks like I got a new backpack, and a buddy to ride in it.

La de fucking da.
>>
File: odocavar_hat.jpg (96 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
odocavar_hat.jpg
96 KB, 600x923
>>46762992

Damn Eldar lopping off bits.

>just bought a pair of best quality bionics, which I decided were fucking gold plated.

Good taste. For my RT, coincidentally our pile of random loot from previous escapades had contained a BQ bionic arm that had a built in hell pistol in the palm (obtained from those creepy trader bird-xenos in a bulk deal that saw us get all sorts of random treasures/junk) .

That was pretty sweet, and came in handy more than once when my other weapons were unavailable.
>>
>>46762927
It's a homebrewed system, based loosely off of a bastardized version Pathfinder mixed with 5e. Damage is done similar to "Fallout", and is supposed to have a sort of cinematic "flare". To make up for this, the PCs are ridiculously tough. The idea was to try to make it more approachable for new players, but it hasn't worked out as well as the GM had hoped. I'm trying to convince him to convert it to 5e, but he still thinks he can salvage it.

That being said, the dragon still got three successive crits on me, so I thought I was dead until the DM told me that I could still cast spells.
>>
>>46762175
I wound up as a backpack healslut.
It wasn't my fetish, but I think it was the fetish of the girl who insisted on carrying me everywhere.
>>
>>46763208
>It wasn't my fetish, but I think it was the fetish of the girl who insisted on carrying me everywhere.

Explain further.

Did she call you her lil' bloodbag?
>>
File: 1440557410569.jpg (242 KB, 793x1000) Image search: [Google]
1440557410569.jpg
242 KB, 793x1000
>>46763330
Not "lil' bloodbag", but she did call me "the healslut" in character quite a bit.
She was playing a amazon barbarian, and we had a sort of playful rivalry (she, a man-whoring and hard drinking berserker, and I, a "new age spiritualist" with a womanizing streak) before my character lost his limbs, afterwards the dynamic evolved very well, I played the character as having a bit of PTSD, and she played hers as being very protective of him, to the point of obsession at times.
Even if it was her fetish, she hid her power level and roleplayed the whole thing very well.
>>
The party ended up engaging an AI-controlled tank, which took special glee in rapidly rolling down the entire battlefield to repeatedly try and run over the tiny sniper taking potshots at it with her AT rifle. The first time it did this met with success, ripping out her entrails, but the second time she managed to dodge with the help of her team, and the third time a teammate leapt atop her with a literal shield of meat and soaked the hit. Then the tank clubbed her with its main gun, breaking her arms as it sent her flying away.

She landed far enough away that she could take another shot at it with her AT rifle, but this is apparently massively offensive to tanks, as it returned fire with a shell that shredded her rifle into scrap and tore her arms clean off. The delimbed eight year old stared blankly at her new bloody stumps, then at her teammates swarming the tank, and abruptly turned around and hobbled off to let them handle that madness.

The end result is that, this being Nechronica, she simply stitched on new arms and shoved more guts into her stomach to replace the ones she lost from being run over. So physically she was fine, even if her mental state could charitably be described as on the verge of shattering into pieces.

I'm honestly amazed she's still the most optimistic member of the team.
>>
>>46762175
Tomb of horrors green curtain trap
I was the rogue.
>>
>>46762175
Junketsu no Maria was nice
>>
>>46762364
Don't worry, ol' Galfa gets himself a robot arm! He doesn't even learn a lesson from all this!
>>
>>46762175
He got his left eye scooped out and eaten by a Shifter Barbarian antagonist while unconscious. When he later tried to Coup de Grace the shifter, the DMPC Paladin shanked him in the back with an Opportunity Attack, because killing helpless mass murderers is WRONG, but apparently instantly killing your allies with sneak attacks is totally okay.
>>
>>46764561
Watching it now.

Damn is it good.

Who says anime isn't good nowadays?
>>
>>46763612
I don't believe you
>>
>>46764599
Autists?
>>
Found a mask and held it up to present it to the party. Chaotic neutral (that means he can do anything he wants without consequence XDDD) assassin "detected it was evil" and chopped my hand off to get it away from me. Another player immediately picked it up and put it on his face.
>>
>>46762175
>Oh shit, did I leave the oven on?
>>
File: 1443421431961.jpg (48 KB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
1443421431961.jpg
48 KB, 400x535
>>46762313
Can't tell if it is a gender bent Kaz or Vemon Snake
>>
Everytime you're dropped to zero, or are hit by a critical, we roll on a table of critical injuries, some of the results are maiming.
>>
Ripped his own arm off after offering a portion of his soul to a demon that was bound to one of the party members. His arm became a sick, twisted crablike claw, a physical showing of the blight that had replaced his piece of soul.

Ripping the arm off was all the more painful and difficult, because he was also ripping the corruption out of his soul.
>>
>>46764927
Oh wait, more recently, they cut a different one of my characters hands off and sacrificed him to a devil.
>>
>>46762175
Every single session, so far.

Just part of the undead lyfe
>>
The last character I played, a high schooler with magic energy blasts, made a pact with an angel, ripped out his own eyes, and got them replaced with marble spheres that let him see how evil someone was.

Downsides were he was now God's personal hitman, and if he did anything heinously evil his head would explode. He ended the short-lived campaign hunting down child molesters... the GM felt murdering pedos in cold blood was a perfectly good act.
>>
Played a healer who got his left foot and eye cut off. Got them replace with copper and bronzes limbs.
>>
Dude had his face burned Jonah Hex style. No mouth showing, but the eye was essentially dead due to the injury. Also had a knee injury injury that left him with a permanent hobble much to his chagrin. He looks even more like a curmudgeon-y old man because of it.
>>
>>46764599
Don't worry, it gets rapidly worse towards the end. A complete fucking disappointment how absolutely wasted the setting and themes are. It made me legitimately mad.
>>
>>46762175
>Leg blown off after driving a tanker into a gang hideout
>Arm cut off by mutant with axe
>Horrbily burned by sentry robot
>Brain segments removed and fiddled with by Ad Mech
>Intestines cut out during interrogation
>Eye gouged out by Space Marine
>Half of bottom jaw broken and ripped away during fight with cultists
>Other arm blown off during ship crash
>More horrible burns from ship crash
>Other eye destroyed during crash
>Ears and nose cut off by cannibals
>Other leg lost to infection
He's a very sad man.
>>
>>46766925

JUST
>>
>>46762980
Witch girl was in double cross in which I have no idea what hp are meant to represent other than being less dead.

But I'll use that same tool in most anything with a little bit of adjustment.
>>
>>46762175
A Demon with Teeth and pine-scented acid in it's vagina possessed a mobster's wife and blew my arm with a shotgun.
>>
>>46762175
Torn apart into several pieces by werewolves, still survived the experience, although he never did anything again.
>>
>Spends literally entire campaign as the traitor in a very, very morally-questionable campaign
>Manipulate events so party leader's entire family save for his son gets killed and their lands get torched
>Some of the raiders are still around
>Loses part of his left hand from his ring finger to his wrist, leaving him a middle, a pointer, and a thumb
>It just makes him look even more loyal to the party's leader
>>
>bbeg for a work that will never see the light of day
>is an exec of a powerful biotech corporation specializing in prosthetics
>in various assassination attempts has lost both eyes, both legs, and has suffered spinal damage, lost hearing in one ear, has had most bones damaged at some point
>now has four arms, a rebuilt spine and back, a prehensile tail, eyes that can see infrared and ultraviolet light, a new set of legs, almost all bones reinforced, neurological implants to help control all this, and biotech cat ears (needed the space inside the skull for neuro implants, so the new set of ears either had to stick out a bunch an look weird, or sit on top of the head)
>>
Missed one session of a long running game for a family reunion. Came back, what did I miss?
> ''The group made a full frontal assault on the BBEG and got their shit wrecked. Instead of escaping using your characters' like you told them to before you left, they cut off your arm and fed it to the BBEG to appease him into not killing them.''
Goodbye, weapon and shield fighting. Goodbye, most of the utility of my animal forms. Hello, most of the party not even beginning to comprehend that I found this somewhat irritating.
>>
>>46768586
> Using your characters' spell
Can't type today.
>>
>>46762175
When acid burned half his face off?
>>
Last week, as it happens.
Limb loss happens a -lot- in FFG Star Wars. At least, it does if you're unlucky.
>>
>>46765738
Murdering actual child molesters and murdering a pedophile are two different things anon.

So which one are you?
>>
He got his arm totally removed by an angry undead knight thing, luckily the team's wizard was able to grow it back.

Anima's magic is pretty bullshit
>>
>>46762175

A Dragon took my miko´s arm when trying to avoid the various evil forces taking some evil device.
Then a teammate used a wish that he was granted (the whole team was given one) to regenerate my arm. While gallant, it was useless move as my miko cut it off again cause the wishgranting stuff was demoniac.
Funnilly enough that was the only wish to work, as the wishes automatically failed if something egoistic was asked.
My own character refused to bargain with such powers and did not ask anything more.
>>
When he stuck his arm in a fenrir's mouth.
I really misunderstood one of my available abilities.
>>
About an hour ago. Dislocated his right shoulder, as well as broke his right arm in two places. First round in combat, and I'm a caster with no melee use.
>>
Every single DH or BC character that lasted more than one session.

One lost a nose, then an arm, leg and head. Another lost a leg but grew a bunch of new arms too.
>>
>>46768967
Also, an X-Com rookie I made once. He lost his leg.

Three times. The same leg. In the same fire fight.
>>
>>46768923
Tyr pls
>>
Our Lady-Alchemist in a PF campaign consistently rolled nat 1's throughout a whole battle one time, her HP got wrecked, and then she blew her own arm off trying to throw a last-ditch heroic bomb.
>>
File: 1443912455980.jpg (281 KB, 2087x2493) Image search: [Google]
1443912455980.jpg
281 KB, 2087x2493
Lost her arm in the same batte that left her as the last remaining ranked knight of her order. Her survival is a bitter gift.

There is others characters suffered grevious wounds, but none lost important parts.
>>
>>46762175
A couple of months ago my Dark Heresy character ordered the NPC surgeon to remove his left arm and right leg, which had been transformed into tentacles by the touch of Tzeentchian sorcerer's staff.

This week, in the first session of a new campaign, the party decided to remove two fingers of one of our NPC employees after his failure put the Capo in danger (we are playing the leadership of an organized crime family), but I don't know if NPCs count. One of the PCs is also missing an eye, but I don't think injuries the character starts the campaign with ought to count either.
>>
>>46762175
like never??
>>
>>46762175
Took a critical hit from a mammoth, I technically died but the DM gave me a lifeline, I lose a body part that restoration magic couldn't fix or I die. I chose to lose an eye saying the mammoth gored me in the eye. I liked the change. and I have refused healing magic that has come my way when it comes to restoring the eye..
>>
>>46762485
muh bookfaggery
>>
>>46764636
not that anon, but for all the jaded and cynic attitude prevalent to this board (and website in general), sometimes nice things do happen.

I should know, I run with two excellent groups.
>>
>>46762175

couple weeks ago

>Zombie with iron grip grabs arm
>No time we have to go now
>fellow pc hacks my hand off slightly above the wrist
>nearly bleed out before healed

Fun times
>>
Took a critical hit from a disruptor a while back. Leg healed up afterwards but the cold still makes it hurt now and then.
>>
>>46766873
Really? I found the ending rather nice. It could've been better, sure, but you could say that with half the media out there.

She lost her powers, but she found love.
>>
File: Lain eats her gun.gif (312 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Lain eats her gun.gif
312 KB, 480x360
She's been dismembered by heavy machinery, riddled with bullets and pulped by explosives by gangs, disembowled by a mutant monster and has twice been forced to shoot herself.

The next clone is brought out. Her memories are downloaded in and altered to hide the deaths in question and the body is given 'cosmetic' injuries to match the now remembered wounding before she resumes her duties.

Sometimes she actually wonders how she screwed up eating her own gun twice now.
This leads to strange feelings of melancholy and loss though she can't work out why.
>>
>>46770172
Why would the first thing they do be cut off YOUR wrist and not the zombie's wrist?
>>
>>46762175
Last session.
He lost all of his flesh.
It's a bit of a problem.
>>
>tfw nemesis tard
>tfw can re-grow any limb made out of pure EDGENERGY
Crawling in my skin
These wounds they will heal
>>
>>46762175
Used experimental gunpowder in his gun and burned his face.
Half health lost.
>>
Took several axes and arrows during a battle.
However when three of the five party members are Clerics there isn't much to worry about.
>>
>>46770697
Its just a flesh wound.
>>
My first ever character was a Rogue who died by getting his head pulled off. Does that count?
>>
Well, In the SWRPG campaign that I GM, the inquisitor lopped off the wookie PCs arm when said wookie charged him with a vibroaxe.
>>
He loses arms, legs, and in one instance how head, every session. They grow back.
>>
My elven wizard lost his eye at the beginning of the last adventure. I decided put an arcane focus in shape millennium eye in that eye socket.
>>
Was tortured in captivity and eventually had his legs removed to prevent escape, by a yandere sort who captured him.
>>
During the first session of my current game my character lost his right arm to mimic.
>>
>>46762175
If reversible damage counts - liver torn out couple sessions ago (character has supernatural regeneration).
If we're talking irreversible - both arms gone above elbows. Different character. About a year ago.
>>
File: 1391556604699.jpg (258 KB, 724x817) Image search: [Google]
1391556604699.jpg
258 KB, 724x817
Game: D:TD
Campaign: Hee-Haw and the Fuckaround Gang

A human Paragon was disembowelled by a Chaos Space Marine, then came back as a Aisamer Arisen, who was promptly relieved of his right arm and left foot in the very next session.

My first character was an Elf Promethean, who went kaboom when fighting a corrupted Sister of Battle turned super sexy Slaaneshi cultist. Burned god knows how many hero points to survive as a head.

Second character was a spellcasting Daemonhost, who usually acted as the team's secretary, but was called to action after the aformentioned kabooming. Took three flamer shots to the face and due to warp fuckery, is now permanently on fire.

Fun times were had by all!
>>
File: salsa2.jpg (386 KB, 1100x825) Image search: [Google]
salsa2.jpg
386 KB, 1100x825
My previous DnD character, a bard, got turned into chunky salsa when we found a treasure chest with a "mysterious black orb with a hole big enough to insert a torch into." As my GM described it, so I ask "is this a bomb?" to which he responds with a shit eating grin he uses so much you can't tell if he's planning something or not, says "What's a bomb?" which I took to imply that bombs hadn't been invited yet, which made sense since there were no gunpowder weapons in this setting. So my next thought is it might be a key of some sort, so I stick the suggested torch into it and the resulting explosion blast my bard across the room and splattered into paste. Later come to find out that I was right that bombs hadn't been invented yet...by modern kingdoms, and that this was an ancient relic that was set to go off anyway because we jostled it.
>>
File: 1448948768439.png (2 MB, 3336x3504) Image search: [Google]
1448948768439.png
2 MB, 3336x3504
>>46771527

Game: Shadowrun
Campaign: Basic Thuganomics

Rookie hacker turned PTSD'd schoolgirl turned punk rocking rigger. Turns out that hot-simming into about 5 different drones while you're fighting a witch who is literally made out of lightning is not the best idea. Shock was so bad it charred half of her head and most of her neck, as well as pushing a fair amount of brain matter out of her nose. She went on a one woman campaign against ARES for weeks, eventually having the party put her out of her misery after destroying a valuable ARES weapons cache that they wanted. She was sputtering and sizzling in the rain, still trying to crawl to her console when the Face shot her in the head with a pistol.

All's fair in love and running.
>>
>"Well, you're alive but your arm is maimed, it's useless."
>"...if I remove the arm, can I reduce my mobility penalty?"
>"...you want to pull off your crippled arm?"
>"Well, is it slowing me down? Would getting rid of it help?"
>"Okay, huh, sure, but I mean you're not getting that back you know?"
>"I'll just get a new one."
>>
Had a human fighter whose right eye was cut out (alleged crit) in a desperate struggle with a dastardly eldritch knight who functions as the big bad enforcer of the bbeg. The knight also snapped the fighter's left arm (barehanded after I snake eyed a grappling check) and then almost died after then being defenestrated out of a stained glass window a good 8 stories high from a cathedral before the party wizard feather falled him and he just shattered both legs instead. All this after being on the losing side of the battle for a good 5 rounds in which the knight was basically holding himself back. Easily one of the biggest ass kickings one of my characters has actually walked (crawled) away from alive.
>>
>>46762175
A whole segment of the third campaing of our Dark Heresy game could be resumed in all the grave injuries my Guardsmen suffered.

>First his right arm when capturing a cultist leader, fucker with a chainsword got lucky but my combat shotgun didn't need any luck.

>Second his ring finger, the BBEG decided to have a snack while torturing me and the Arbiter of our group. We managed to escape thanks to a Redemptionists attack.

>Third, left ear, eye and a good chunk of his nose when he fended off a horde of beasts in a mine, only armed with a broken pickaxe and some rags, to give some time to our assasin to escape and call for help.

>Fourth and last. When hunting down the other BBEG, a Slaaneshi master assasin, after murdering the local Governor using a coup d'etat as cover. We stopped the coup but couldn't save the Governor. We fought hard against the Assasin but in the end he bested us. After waking up we discovered the assasin tricked the local Arbites to siege our only allies in the hive. My guardsmen angered by his failures decided to pursue instead of sitting like a coward. Sadly he was confronted by a group of Arbites, four of them opened fire.
>>
>>46762175
Lost both arms and had half of his body burned black from trying to hold back a dragon's open maw. Barely survived with horrifying scars and now mostly relies on kicks to fight, though he can temporarily shape his Ki into energy hands when he really needs to.
>>
>>46770681

Zombie had hardened flesh.
>>
Last character was a super with regeneration and other powers. He was disintegrated from the waist down and took an hour to grow back.
>>
>>46762175
>play Nechronica
>anything that is significant enough to do damage will maim you, because if it doesn't maim the undead don't give a fuck
She got most of her organs ripped out by a giant undead crab. This was not as troublesome as one might think.
>>
>>46762175
It has not happened yet. Luckily every system we play regularly has some form of replacement body parts.
>>
I play savage worlds and cyberpunk and savage worlds cyberpunk so this happens a lot.
>>
>>46771705
Is it weird I think this way because I think the new prosthetics we have these day are kinda cool?
>>
>>46773288
Join the boat anon, when cybernetic prosthetics are advanced enough i wouldn't really mind having one. Although i won't be cutting my arm for one.
>>
On the dark heresy game I'm in my guardsman has more metal in him than the tech priest. Blast weapons in a confined space, not even once. Though I did take down a trator marine doing it.
>>
File: space girl 04.jpg (166 KB, 340x818) Image search: [Google]
space girl 04.jpg
166 KB, 340x818
After several misadventures involving Imperial forces, smugglers, hired guns and an insane Hutt inventor, my poor space mechanic girl had maxed out all three of her slots for cybergear... and then she lost her eyes and an arm in an explosion.

Nope, can't replace them. There's a max of cybergear and replacing eyes or a limb would just tax your body far too much. Because her already artificial heart can't take it or something.
>>
>>46774266
Some home brew rules I'm using are
>every piece afree the third gets progressively more expensive
Or
>"medical prosthetics" that give no bonuses and just act as the re placed organ/limb don't count towards the three slots.
>>
>>46774331
Sounds reasonable. Though I suspect that Vader and Grievous are still technically impossible in the system, at least lesser modifications could work.
>>
>>46762175
When I got shot in the dick by an arrow, still need to make the money to buy the super healing potions to fix it
>>
>>46774518
Eh, not really. If you use the one where every bit after the third gets progressively more expensive you'd need to be bankrolled by a government or be fabulously wealthy to consider it. We ran the numbers on a Vader like character and it came out to something like 50 million credits.
>>
>>46774616
Not Vader. Grevious. Oops.
>>
>>46762175
My fighter in PF got both of his arms torn off by an angry demi-god, which were replaced with two magical gauntlets he could control with the two metal plates that were used to cauterize the wounds which FUCKING GOT BURNED ONTO HIM BECAUSE THE GUY DOING THE HEALING FUCKED UP and then were enchanted afterwards.
>>
>>46765264
This image confuses me, explain.
>>
>>46774616
Okay, I was still on the idea that there was a hard cap. Progressive expense seems good though, and 50 million is pretty reasonable for a full conversion borg.
>>
>>46762175
His wife left him for his best friend
>>
>>46762175
This thread got me into that show; thank you for that, OP.
>>
>>46775254
Assuming each piece after the third is 30% more expensive compounded you quickly hit the point of asking yourself if you want to buy a factory new starship or let the bounty hunter pick up that new cybernetic spleen he has been wanting/needing.
>>
File: the steaks.jpg (105 KB, 900x578) Image search: [Google]
the steaks.jpg
105 KB, 900x578
My character got her arm cut off while trying to escape interrogation (she was 'done here' and hulked out) and ended up enduring sword slashes for three turns before bleeding out as she was smacked straight out of a window with a sledgehammer. The bad guys tried disposing of her arm in a dumpster, but it ended up getting preserved and being used as a symbol by the good guys later on.
>>
>>46762175
My current character? Never. Just gotta shoot straight and use other people to soak up damage for him. To be fair I've only had him for one session so far just after a near TPK and only one party member suffered a single point of damage somehow.
>>
>>46762175
>enemy summons a celestial elemental of light
>make a reflex save 0-6 eyes melts out of face 7-14 blinded for 1d4 turns 14+ fine
>roll a 1 have a +5 reflex get a 6
>no longer have eyes

The good news is I now know the spell echo location so now when I scream I can find my way around.
>>
His last two friends that he had just got killed, one by him and one by the BBEG. Reasonably peeved, He attacked the BBEG, but kept rolling shit on to hit rolls. The BBEG disarmed him, examined his sword, and tossed it back to him. Being the retard I am, I decided to pick it up, and the BBEG promptly activated the explosive runes she had layed on it and blew his hand off. Ironically, rolled a Nat 20 on the save to not pass out from the pain.
>>
>>46762977
So Mummy, but they didn't think to cut it out of the skin and went with the "safe" option?
>>
>>46772908
"We are dolls. Doll might break, but doll doesn't hurt, doll doesn't fear, doll doesn't despair while doll has purpose." - Squad Iskra Sorority battle chant, tl. from Russian
>>
>>46762175
My tech priest lost both of his hands and his whole left arm. when he over charmed a plasma rifle and I failed to throw it away.

Thank god the Admech replaced my whole left arm and right hand with almost top quality Augments.

He would later go on to lose both legs to a landmine.

Hes doing pretty well as of late.
My GF (Irl) is trying to make him fall from the path of the Omnissiah with flesh weakness.
>>
File: Nope 10.gif (2 MB, 385x311) Image search: [Google]
Nope 10.gif
2 MB, 385x311
>>46777827
>>over charmed
>plasma rifle, my love for you is like a red red rose
>your plasma core is like that of a supernova
>your ribbed midsection would drive any sane admech crazy
>I'd do anything for you, my dear plasma rifle
>I'd clean you every single day for hours
>rubbing down and oiling all your parts
>I'd lick the dust left of our dearly department enemy
>I'd stick my USB in yo-
>>
I'm just about finished watching the show that OP's pic related is from, and I have to say,
Joseph fucking defied an archangel, not just any archangel, but the fucking archangel of all archangels, Michael himself, to defend this woman, but you mean to tell me he won't defy his mortal, human, feudal fucking lord in her name??
What the fuck kind of drugs is this kid on???
>>
>>46778108
Oh god damn, CURSE THESE THINK THUMPS OF MINE!

Thanks for the greens I rate it

2lewd4mewouldholdyourhand.
>>
File: MANime.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MANime.png
2 MB, 1280x720
We play in like a 2030 (Not so far future) setting. Character got fucking destroyed during a hover plane crash. He lost one arm, both legs and damaged his torso. Got implants made of nanomachines, and I decided to give him a machine gun like von stronheim.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
>>46778422
>Mako is gay
>>
I lost one arm to the psychotic vampire boyfriend of the redhead I was fucking. He tried to beat me to death with it.

The other was bitten off by a dunkleosteus.
>>
>>46762175
Literally started a campaign by cutting my arm off in front of the entire party because my character thought it would "make things fair for the monsters"
>>
>>46767601
So Goro with a tail and cat ears?
>>
>>46771527
>Second character was a spellcasting Daemonhost, who usually acted as the team's secretary,
D:TD is such a great game.
>>
My data-addicted scribe in DH was pretty much reduced to being a head in a jar due to the Death Cultist assassin playing around with explosives. Got a clumsy robo-body (like Malakev of Necromunda) later on.
>>
>>46762175

The last instance of this was a low fantasy game where I was playing a grapple barbarian. He got a hand and half of a leg bit off by alligators. Afterwards, he had the sawbones of the party bolt a dagger to the bones of his forearm so he'd have a stabby bit where his hand was. He also had a broken spear as a wooden leg. He was the closest thing to the Scotsman from Samurai Jack I've ever played.
>>
well nothing yet, but the session ended when my mutant twist master got caught in a massive explosion from a mutant cult committing martydom after he failed to calm them down. Maybe diplomacy with 17 fellowship wasnt the greatest idea. I ended up nearly being swayed to commit heresy, and after the gm asked everyone to make a toughness test, I, the guy with 70 toughness, failed. Probably going to suffer horrible injuries
>>
I'm currently playing a Goliath Druid/Barbarian named Thag. Stronk as fuck - 21 CON due to magical bullshit, DR 1d12+5, has tusks. Thag has had a rough life.
Prior to the current quest, he's
>had his hand and forearm melted off due to a magical acid trap and had to have another party member amputate to stop the blight from spreading
>had said hand replaced with a golden cannon arm
>died in battle, then been briefly reanimated by his mentor as a zombie before the party turned back time
Owing to his DR and fighting spirit, Thag has been the party tank for the ~year that I've been playing him. He takes great pride in being able to take a hit and is fine with putting himself in harm's way if it means that he can protect the rest of the party.
So right now, our party is hunting down the phylactery of Koschei the Deathless. We got to this city that we were pretty sure was his stronghold, approached it, then saw that it was full of undead. Tens of thousands of skeletons and zombies just milling around. What did we do, you ask? Here's what Thag did.
>wildshape into giant elephant
>get entire party on back
>charge through the horde of skeletons to the center of the city
>40 rounds of getting attacked by dozens of skeletons without fighting back (focusing on covering as much distance as possible)
>180 successful hits on Thag
>12 crits, which my DM saved for the very end so Thag had to take 12 crits in a row
And these were rough crits.
>arrow through the eye and into the brain
>two spears through the throat
>three kneecaps ruined by arrows
>arrow through the other eye and into the brain
>spear through the aorta
I don't even remember the others. Thag lost 8 INT, leaving him at 4, and eventually took so much damage that he hit 0 HP despite the healing he was receiving from the rest of the party. He collapsed right after making it to the center of the city, reverting to his human form with all the injuries he sustained while wildshaped.
>>
>>46781329
So Thag is blind and broken, but he got the party to the center of skeleton hell safely. And that's all that matters.
>>
My Arbite in DH lost his leg to a double RF pistol shot from a rogue tech-priest.
>>
Our dark heresy party consistently went into crits and the one of us that had medecae was so frequently unable to heal anyone because he was injured that we all took hardy as elite advances. The SOB had to have reconstruction surgery twice against her will because she stood out, the cleric kept scars anywhere he could hide them to use as an aid in persuading people to his many causes, as well as needing over half of his right hand to be replaced with cybernetics because he brought a fist to a gun fight. and just last game the scum cut out his own tongue and had to live on a feral world for a month before we found him. He has also in the past spent weeks on an ice burg in a cast away scenario before getting rescued by helicopter. Frost burn beyond reason. And I am sure I am forgetting things.

In a different game I opened a door without thinking and took some monster claws to the neck. Pic related.
>>
>>46762175
"I declare a special action"
"OK, what, grapple him?"
"No, I headbutt him"
"You want to headbut an work cheiftan in full battle armor?"
"Well its not like I can swing, or break the grapple we're deadlocked in!"
"Fine, roll."
>nat 20
"OK, now roll for constitution"
>5
"You head butt the ork, crumpling him unconscious as you dent the steel helmet he's wearing at the brow, but impale your...(rolls) right eye on one of the decorative spikes that line his eyebrow, you nearly pass out from the pain but the shock generously is enough to leave you standing unsteadily"
>>
File: dare you enter my magical realm.jpg (126 KB, 640x467) Image search: [Google]
dare you enter my magical realm.jpg
126 KB, 640x467
>>46764498
>green curtain trap
>tfw played Tomb of Horrors but never encountered that trap because MY rogue decided to check out pic related
>>
>>46782081
You are literally the average. No one cares.
>>
File: making a PC 101.jpg (487 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
making a PC 101.jpg
487 KB, 500x730
I think my last PC to get seriously, seriously injured was my half-elf Investigator.

> Main country where the campaign has taken place is being overrun by enemies
>Party gets a job guarding a convoy of airships, filled with war refugees.
>As the journey progresses, and we're over the badlands, we catch an enemy spy.
>One Dominate Person later, he's more than happy to tell us that there are bombs on board the airship.
>sameshitasalways.tiff

>We find the first bomb. Turns out it's attached to a pressure sensor and has been dimensionally anchored.
>We can't summon shit to deal with it, we can't teleport it away.
>Thus, it's up to my Investigator to disable it, while the rest of the party gets ready to move the refugees when I inevitably fail.

>The DC is crazy high, but I disables four of the six bombs.
>Get to the cargo bay with the bombs. Got maybe thirty seconds, and the ship still hasn't been evacuated yet.
>rnjesuspls.tar

>Begin disabling.
>Manage to disable one.
>1 bomb isn't enough to destroy the ship.
>Second one explodes as she reaches it.
>GM smiles, pulls out a ziploc bag full of dice. Counts out 50d6 and tells me to make a relfex save.

>Actually manage to make it (got a nat 19 or something). Only take half of 50d6.
>Lose a few fingers, an eye, an ear, have all my ribs broken.
>Then the GM asks if I had any method of flight.
>Turns out the fucking bomb threw me off the ship.

>Say no.
>Fall 2 miles.
>GM counts out another 20d6
>Hit the ground, break both legs.
>Miraculously still conscious.
>Stuck on a hill in the blazing sun as the airship caravan disappears into the distance.
>Find out all my extract vials were destroyed during the explosion and fall.
>Lay there for eight hours until I can prep new spells.
>Heal self until I can walk.
>Walk thirty miles to nearest town.
>Later find out the party figured I was dead and spent my share of the loot.

>Character walks with a limp and is half blind for 5 levels, until she reincarnated as an angel.
>>
>>46762175
what anime is this from? reverse image search isn't cooperating
>>
>>46782099
I was just sayin'. Jeez, man, way to be an asshole about it.
>>
>>46781329
Fucking barbarian goals
>>
>>46782147
Angel reincarnation? Whaaaaat
>>
>>46782207
maria the virgin witch
it's actually a cute love story so don't watch it expecting too many scenes like that
>>
>>46762175
If you play TRoS or any of its successor games then getting maimed is just par for the course.
>>
>>46782207
As said, Maria the Virgin Witch.

It actually has VERY little to do with awesome medieval battles and you WILL be disappointed if you go into it expecting anything like that.
>>
>>46782242
Heh. That's a very long, and ultimately tragic, story.
>>
File: 240.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
240.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>>46779409
more like this guy but more cyborg and with the second set of arms in a less awkward place
>>
>>46775110
"Empty My Nine At The Welfare Line" Kaz
>>
>>46783289
Kaz "Fulton a nigger and i'll pull the trigger" Miller
>>
>>46762175
>wore an eyepatch the entire game
>lose an eye fighting one of the BBEG's capos
>rest of the part is freaking out because they think I'm blind now
>move my eyepatch to cover the eye that was taken out to reveal I had a functioning eye under the patch this entire time
>>
Been a while since I had a PC where the game lasted long enough for the chance of that to even build up, but for the people in one game, fairly often. That said, they're basically sapient robots fighting other sapient robots in those games, so it tends to not keep them down long. Hell, had one guy build a PC around working around that in the field by being able to graft bits of whatever to himself-other sapient robots, simple machines, construction tools, all of them would be used to keep himself and others alive with morally questionable means
>>
I played a character with constantly malfunctioning legs and all fingers missing on his dominant hand. It was interesting. It gave no mechanical penalties.
>>
>>46782254
>>46782359
Damn. All that carnage got me worked up over nothing.
Thanks, fellow based weaboos
>>
>>46782375
This is /tg/. Spill the beans.
>>
File: Maria and Joseph.png (2 MB, 1628x920) Image search: [Google]
Maria and Joseph.png
2 MB, 1628x920
>>46782254
>>46782359
>>46783714

It's an awesome anime. Makes you feel all warm inside seeing Maria and Joseph fall in love

They're cute together!

CUTE!
>>
>>46762175
My character was decapitated last week.
>>
Blew off my arm trying to escape a monster's mouth, it was then I learned the downside of explosive weapons.

At least I survived though.
>>
Not my character, but in a SW Sith campaign that I'm in, we have a Hutt surgeon with a hard on for cybernetics. He's currently building an army of Frankenstein-esque goons out of captured enemies.
We also removed one party member's jaw and replaced it with cybernetics. Because we needed to disguise him from inquiring Jedi. On the bright side, he now has lasers in his metal muttonchops.
>>
Once had a barb in 3.5 who's running gag was that he'd routinely lose a limb. Dm let me make a weapon sock for my missing bits everytime one popped off and i could get blacksmiths to attach weapons to them.
After several unfortunate accidents, one being wholly my fault, i had 5 sockets of 4 maces of various make and a large dagger. Ended up with him eventually going into monk training since he turned around 60% of his body into a literal weapon. Dm and k haggled since shit was raining whacky sideways 24/7 at that point and we settled on -1 str and -2 dex which ultimately hindered me more than i entirely liked but made up for it with 2 +3 dex rings(forgot name might have been made up called arly's rings or some such) converted into nipple rings and a +4 belt of giants strength. I don't even remember how we did damage just that i had to roll for each limb and 2 had to "land" or i was like a turtle on my back for 3 rounds.
Standing joke was i attacked like that spinning rocket turtle from godzilla.
>>
>>46787707
The fuck was Joseph thinking in episodes 9 and 10 though.
I'm the guy from >>46778123, and I've finished the whole show now.
>>
>>46783453
But why?
>>
>>46791640
Medieval night vision is one reason I can think of.
>>
>>46792212
But if he never, ever, ever took the eyepatch off, I feel like that would just fucking hurt after a while. Depends on how long the adventure was but that doesn't seem hella practical.
>>
>>46792236
He could have always taken it off sometimes during "off-screen" segments. Who knows.
>>
>>46792212
Read thats as "knight vision" because of "medieval" and literally say in my chair trying to comprehend it. It came out something like predator vision but colors showed levels of chivalry. I was even midtyping asking you to explain when i noticed the missing K. Its only fucking 11am....
>>
>>46792434
>It came out something like predator vision but colors showed levels of chivalry
That is awesome and hilarious.
>>
>>46792434
>It came out something like predator vision but colors showed levels of chivalry.
God damn, I really want to use this for a game now.
>>
>>46762175
When he was mauled by a pair of gisnt weasels
>>
>>46792434
>>46792460
Stolen for alignment-neutral detect evil.
>>
>>46792434
>It came out something like predator vision but colors showed levels of chivalry.

Like Speedwagon's nose?
>>
Just had a leg shot off in Dark Heresy, burning fate to survive, my screams drowning all other sounds around.

Fun game
>>
>>46762175
Had his right arm torn off by an alien monster. Had it replaced with a cybernetic and was overjoyed because now it meant he could punch through walls and grab people.

I wanted to make him into an expy of the Winter Soldier, but the GM cancelled the campaign right after. I was just starting to get good at it as well.
>>
File: iQwLCxy.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
iQwLCxy.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>46792493
>Knight vision is a visual version of Speedwagons sense of smell.
I love this.
>>
>>46762175
The first and last time anything was violently removed was when I was playing a Pixie and the insane BBEG tore my characters wings off.

A different character recently lost an arm by putting it into what is effectively a wall of annihilation that's meant to separate worlds.
>>
>>46792434

>Knight Vision
>School: Divination(Law), Level: Paladin 1, Cleric/Oracle 1
>
> Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
>
>Components: V, S, DF, M (the handkerchief of a fair maiden)
>
>Range: 60 ft.
> Area: Cone-shaped emanation
> Duration concentration, up to 10 min./ level (D)
> Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
>
>Description:
>
>You can sense the presence or absence of >chivalry. The amount of information revealed >depends on how long you study a particular >area or subject.
>
>1st Round: Presence or absence of Chivalry.

>2nd Round: Number of Chivalrous auras >(creatures, objects, or spells) in the area and >the power of the most potent Chivalrous aura >present.

>If you are Chivalrous, and the strongest >non-chivalrous aura's power is overwhelming >(see below), and the HD or level of the aura's >source is at least twice your character level, >you are stunned for 1 round and the spell >ends.

>3rd Round: The power and location of each >aura. If an aura is outside your line of sight, >then you discern its direction but not its exact >location.
>
>Creatures following a Chivalrous code (such >as Paladins and Cavaliers) have an aura of >Chivalry equal to their HD.
>Creatures lacking honor and moral conviction >(Such as Rogues, and Ninjas) have a >non-chivalrous aura equal to their HD.
>>
>>46792713
Splendid.
>>
My over half a year long PF campaign came to an end recently at level 17.
Here's a list of permanent injuries my character sustained. Mind you I am not counting wounds from which I died since they were patched as soon as I was resurrected.
>Face split in the middle by a cyclops wielding an ax
>Half of face burnt by a fuck ton of acidic alchemist bombs being thrown all at once, thus completing the Two-Face look.
>A finger crushed beyond repair by a monk.
>>
>>46792713
I choose to believe the verbal component for this spell involves shouting DEUS VULT at the top of your lungs.
>>
>>46762175
A few sessions go my deathwatch party lost two right legs to power klaws.
Those Nobz really hated right legs
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.