[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you define a person's personality based on the main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: RsjbhOm.png (52 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
RsjbhOm.png
52 KB, 250x250
Can you define a person's personality based on the main color they use, and the colors they splash it with?
>>
Partially.

If they play blue or black, they're an asshole.
>>
Yes, but it also says a lot about them that they choose to play MTG instead all the other superior card games over the last few years.
>>
>>46761895
what if they play blue AND black
>>
File: mtg bait.jpg (45 KB, 600x837) Image search: [Google]
mtg bait.jpg
45 KB, 600x837
>>46762127
>>
>>46762187
How is it bait to state facts?
>>
My favorite color is black and I'm pretty sure I don't fit the mold for the typical monoblack player.

So, no. You can't.
>>
>modern
B/R, U/B, R/G
>EDH
U/G, B/U/W

Predict my personality.
>>
File: productplacejace.png (691 KB, 839x701) Image search: [Google]
productplacejace.png
691 KB, 839x701
No, but chances are players that keep trying out the same color combo are wannabe pros vs. having fun and trying new decks.
>>
>>46761841
No, but using mtg colors in place of alignment for characters is fun.
>>
my personality is mostly azorius but I always play green.
>>
>>46761841
White: caregiver
Blue: thinker
Red: passional
Green: vegan????
Black: selfish

But take in mind that personality is based in multiple factors, you may predict some of their personality, the strongest tendency, but not the entire of it
>>
>>46761895
>>46762174
:(
>>
>>46762843
If you think you can get the "strongest tendency" of someone's personality by what color they play in a card game you're fuckin crazy.
Also learn what green is actually about you asshole.
>>
>>46762843
Green is the "leave shit alone" color
>>
>>46762965
Also the type of person who'd say "everything happens for a reason" or believes in things like fate.
>>
>>46762965
>>46763011
But also likes GETTING HUEG
>>
>>46761841
I've never met a MtG player who only plays one kind of deck.
>>
File: Froggin.jpg (39 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
Froggin.jpg
39 KB, 360x640
I usually roll red/ white or red/ blue, but if I go mono, its usually green.

What am I, /tg/?
>>
>>46764543
You're someone who wants to make things work right the hell now, but you realize that everything is interconnected and it takes time for change to happen. You find your center when you're active and free of responsibilities.

Or maybe you're a spike and fuck it.
>>
>>46764760
Congrats anon, you could make a living writing horoscopes.
>>
>>46761841
Actually yes.
Black:Scrub, probably an edge lord.
Red:Scrub, probably an edge lord. If this or black splash the other, definitely an edgelord.
Green:Scrub, probably cries about removal being bulshit. Usually calls blue bullshit.
White:Scrub, probably joins green in calling blue bullshit.
Blue:Scrub, not as smart as he thinks he is.
Any two color combination:Scrub, but probably thinks more about what they are doing.
Any three colors:Scrub, has now actually started making some decks that win consistently.
All but one color:Scrub, has started to understand how most things work. Might actually think about the local meta when building a deck.
All colors: Might not be a Scrub. Now understands at some level the color pie. Might even brew some actually good decks.
>>
>>46761841
Only for the girls that play, for the guys it's not that simple
>>
Back when I played, my favorite decks were red/blue and white/black.
>>
>>46761895
Black and blue player here. Can confirm, am asshole.
>>
>>46762174
I see them playing gold and white.
>>
File: dicks.png (260 KB, 448x311) Image search: [Google]
dicks.png
260 KB, 448x311
>>46762843
>White: caregiver
if only you knew how bad things really were
>>
I play tron and eggs
>>
Modern: BW Tokens (my favorite), BWG Melira Company, Mono B shell that I can turn into either 8 Rack or Infect Control

EDH: BG Jarad, BG Nath, B Skithyrix, building WB Ayli

The last time I played standard was INN-RTR and I played BWR Aristocrats, still have it built.

What kind of person do you think I am?
>>
>>46761841
No, only newbies try to make one or two colors their "thing".

That said, I think most people would be 5 colored. It depends on the person and their values, though.

Myself as an example:

White: I value community, friends, and family.

Blue: I'm well educated and recently became a teacher, I value knowledge and education.

Black: I'm ambitious. While I care for others, I'll almost always put myself first, and I think the world would run smoother if others were more like that. I value selfishness.

Red: I'm very passionate. I can be short tempered, blunt, and even wrathful. I value directness, speed, and efficiency.

Green: I love animals, plants, and all things nature. I hike a lot. I care about the environment. I value marijuana.

I think plenty of adults are just as complex. So, we're all a little bit of every color. We can have our pie and eat it too.
>>
>>46766546
Under-fucking-rated.
>>
>>46761841
>White or green
Dumb sheeple
>Red
Must be isolated from society
>Blue or black
A true ubermensh: intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>46761895
Greenbabby detected. Come back when you git gud
>>
>>46761895
whaaaa i just want to turn my creatures sideways for the whole game!
>>
>red
angry cunts
>black
edgy shits
>white
self-righteous assholes
>blue
smug pseudo-intellectuals
>green
my niggas
>>
File: 1459661245220.png (161 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1459661245220.png
161 KB, 265x370
>>46761841
Blue people tend to be control oriented IMO, they get a kick out of messing with other people's plans. They dont want to be the ones going with the flow.

Red tends to be more impatient focusing on the here and now, not really focused on 2-3 turns down the road.

Green players tend to value the long game but this often requires to play politically and not draw attention to yourself especially in multiplayer formats.

Black tends to be home for the more ambitious people. The ones who are more willing to put in big risks for bigger rewards. They'd also rather go down fighting and taking you with them in the process.

White is a hard one to pinpoint for me since it tends to encompass multiple aspects of other colors.
>>
It might just be anecdotal but every black guy I've met that's into mtg FUCKING LOVES white, like getting really into the theme and lore of it all
>>
>>46761841
Not necessarily, but you could probably figure out your in-setting colors based on your personality.

Probably Red here. I like the blunt, direct, "don't think too much about it unless something goes ploin-shaped" strategy towards life, and with a few notable exceptions I don't really put a lot of stock in the idea that authority is to be obeyed simply because the system in power tells you to, the sense of overwhelming formality that interferes with actually getting anything done in so many parts of society, and would wholly support dismantlement of the culture of kowtowing, backstabbing and indirect passive-aggression we've built out of a desire to be little prissy shits to one another while simultaneously having a fear of having to throw or take a punch once in a while.

If you're gonna be an asshole, learn to fight and accept that people will try to thump you for it. If you don't like assholes, thump them. That system was simple and worked just fine until a bunch of 90 pound limpwrists started tricking people into following rules designed to put the world in their favor so they could be assholes without consequence.
>>
File: Just fuck my shit up.jpg (460 KB, 717x921) Image search: [Google]
Just fuck my shit up.jpg
460 KB, 717x921
I favor black above all other colors.

Red is often too narrow minded in its spells and does not appeal to me beyond its handful of looting and graveyard synergistic effects. Also Lightning Bolt.

Blue is my second favorite but too frequently rewards inaction and rarely supports my desire to be proactive. Library manipulation and a high degree of stack interaction are my favorite elements. Also it draws cards like a little bitch. You heard me.

White has my respect in that it's word is law. This appeals the my desire to control the game. However, white bores me to tears and isn't nearly ambitious enough. Having no raw card draw is a big negative in my book.

Green is my third favorite. I have nearly 0 interest in creatures so it is greens supreme control over the secondary resource of Magic that draws my attention. Lands are the coolest permanent type and any color that can help me control the eb and flow of these permanents is one I want on my side. Crops.
>>
All of my friends mostly play with two-color decks with the occasional triple or monocolor.

One of them always has either blue or black in his decks. His turns always take a millenia, because he keeps thinking of every possible tactic to fuck you over, chooses the most efficient one and suddenly you notice how half your deck is in exile and your creatures remain tapped in your turn, if not unsummoned.

Another friend of mine favors red, but has lately started to use zendikar decks. His most common tactics is to either overwhelm you with a mass of weak creatures, slowly chip down your health with Prodical Pyromancers, or summon massive monsters with the help of scions as quickly as possible.

The difference between the two players is that one of them is cunningly brutal and the other is brutally cunning.

I dare say the colors they use in their decks really fits their personality, but it doesn't tell everything about them.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.