[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #794: Sword Magic Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: TheBasics.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TheBasics.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46749656
>>
>>46760127
>>46761016
Continuing on.

The North God Style seems to work with any weapon, even not using swords. The north emperor Doga uses a 2 handed warhammer for a prime example. If anything, until Doga and the 2 North Gods show up it seems like a gathering of weirdos with strange techniques, tricks, and movements. The North God II uses drumsticks ala Nanaya's dad and his son uses actual sword skills but nothing named. Really, someone who used to practice it Randolph Clark, the current deathgod uses 2 techniques to throw his opponents off mentally and cut them down. Bewitching and Luring which is behavior and appearance to a degree to make others drop their guard when they need to be on the defensive, and raising it when they should attack. He plays mind games well enough to throw others off and is strong enough to tank a superhuman Miko with a club.

In summary:
Sword God: Speed and power, kill'em instantly or just cut them down with powerful blows.

Water God: Skill and killer counters. Unless a sword god user is far above them in speed/skill they usually win due to bad affinity. Has some bizarre counter attacks just like the sword god has weird offensive abilities.

North God: Anything goes, mind games, tactics, survival, some bizarre movements and sword skills with also actual skills in the main branch which can be sword or other weapon based. Suitable for rogues and those who think/don't just rely on a weapon to win. Only real technique example that comes to mind here is one Paul uses that runs on all 4s and pulls off various swings in the air like some crazy murder dog.

Does this help?
>>
A daily reminder that the more Radscorpions, Cazadores, and Giant ants you kill the safer the wastelands will be
>>
>>46761091
...forgot about needing Gnosis 6/8 to come up with your own. I guess there should be a Drop In or Unaligned perk to make your own attainment without sufficient Gnosis.
>>
>>46761497
In other just kill all Giant insects in Fallout makes the wasteland a tiny bit safer.
>>
>>46761497
How about I instead collect them in a big jar to eventually throw at my enemies?
>>
>>46761522
It's better really just to build a robot army to do it because really who has time to do all that exterminating personally. You can even call them Ex-terminators and give them an Austrian accent for no reason. "Hasta la vista Bug."
>>
>>46761614
Now I have an urge to just collect all the giant bugs I come across in New Vegas, take them to Worm, and present them to Skitter as a gift and see what happens.
>>
>>46761688
>Not giving her Fallen London Sorrow Spiders.
>>
>>46750223
>>46761073

I can't really give you more than a ballpark estimate here when speed of progress and other variables are unknown. Going dragon tribe will likely give you a huge leg up knowledge wise on how magic works and why it works. Ask the jumpmaker on what the racial aspect gives you for that. They have an intact repository of knowledge and race specific magic where everyone else is relying on passed down knowledge and have to build up. The equivalent comparison being roman tech and subsequent dark ages tech of a difference. Given your magic spec you can likely make yourself a decent training regime. Who knows, maybe make some legit tech and get huge magically and physically.

Problem is you need to beat the fighting god in his armor. Which reduces and negates magic that isn't on a par with it. An armor that regenerates and has so much magic it became sentient and tries to bodyjack it's user. Said user having resistance, never tires due to being an immortal race, won't die when killed and regenerates with his armor, and was already strong enough that it took a king class swordsman to cut his Ki armor. Given that it is the setting's stronkest armor, it suitably buffs his defense. King class being able to do the lightsword bullshit at a minimum here >>46761474. The MC using his superweapon magic armor gets it one hit destroyed when trading a serious punch with the fighting god.

So probably for quite some time with or without outside help given you need to achieve a level that can defeat that 1v1 although you do not necessarily have to fight him 1v1. Just hit a level where you can. Working under Orsted in exchange for tutoring might be the best option.
>>
>>46761706
>implying this is an either/or decision
>>
>>46761474
Thanks a ton, this is a huge help.
One last question, it says that the supard have a gem that lets them sense mana, is this basically the same as the Magic Power Eye?
>>
>>46761721
Personally just let her go to terra formars and be near some roaches. Its sure to brighten up her day.
>Or Primal Tyranids
>The Zerg
Jesus Crist Skitter is cool.
>>
I'm curious, could the Primeval Common Tongue from the Devil Survivor jump substitute for trying to learn the Original Language in Fate?
>>
>>46761821
Christ*
Let me be an idiot somewhere else now and wallow in my idiocy being a mobile fag.
>>
>>46761827
Not sure that's how it works, anon.
>>
So since my question wasn't answered in the last thread I figured I would go with the old trusty answer... fan wank it.

Anyways here is my build for Undertale

Jump # 119 Undertale
Background: Fallen Human (200)
Race: Human (Free)

Perks:
*Determination: Free
*Mercy (200, Discount)
*Save the World (300,discount)

Equipment:
*Heart Locket (200, Discount)

Companion:
*Sans (300)
*Papyrus (300)

Drawback:
*I’m not ready to let go + 300
*Lost Souls + 200

So I hope I didn't screw myself here. Going to try and find all my friends, make peace with them and take down the barrier before 5 years are up and frisk shows up.
Since I don't know how you would beat the I'm not ready to let go drawback. I figure this is my best chance at a successful solution.
It's going to be a bit difficult making peace between the monsters and humans but I can probably manage it... if I can survive fighting my companions and winning their friendship, then bringing peace to two species will be a piece of cake by comparison.
Also I am actually taking Sans and Papyrus as companions just to hang out with in other jumps. I figure they should help to keep spirits and moral up during the tougher times to come as we get closer to the end jump.
>>
>>46761806
You're welcome! On your question, it's unclear but seems to be more sonar/sensing all magic in a set area rather than seeing. Wider omnidirectional range, but the magic eyes likely have a farther range if you reinforce your vision. 2 different senses that process information differently and generate different sorts of information. Having both would be useful as hell in that world where magic is in everything...except Nanahoshi.

>>46761827
No. Similar in appearance, fundamentally different animals with different metaphysical weight/ability. Possibly different words, grammar, etc. entirely.
>>
>>46761879
Why not? Theoretically, you could work backwards (after helping finish the song, of course) to recreate the language itself, and considering that they're both meant to be the spoken tongue from before the whole "tower of babel" incident...
>>
>>46761922
See >>46761917
>>
Hows this for a 900cp nen technique?

Tizona: category:emmission
Depending on how much power and if the conditions are met does any of Tizona evolved forms activate
Form 1: An old canon that looks to be from the age of pirates the only difference being that it is incredibly ornate in gold decorations in this form the user can gather thier nen/chakra/ki into the weapon super concentrating the energy inside.

Vows and conditions: none for form one

Form 2: the canon has now transformed into a small ship that could snugly fit 4 people before starting to over crowed the ship can fly albeit at a somewhat slow pace but the canons that shoot all save more energy on the users total consumption and thier output is doubled.

Vows and conditions: this technique cannot be employed against anyone younger than 18. This technique can only be employed from 12 am to 12pm.

Final form: El Cid: the ship has now grown into a galleon that stikes fear into the hearts of the unworthy this absolutely collosal ship is almosr disgustingly huge taking up carge sections of the sky at a time covered with white and blue coloring and runic sketches all over. All canons can now be charged ealier instead if needed to be filled at the instant of the attack and can almost hold indefinite amounts of nen. The last ability is the grand finale a canon that is almost as large as the ship is able to do biblical amounts of damage as long as energy is provided and the conditions are met.
Vows and conditions: (form 2 does not apply here) the user can only use this against an army of hundereds of thousands or someone strong enough to match an army of that proportion. The user can only use the ship to its fullest when the sun is shining upon it.
>>
>>46761821
Tyranids and Zerg might not work, her powers can't usurp someone else's control. That's why she couldn't control Breed's parasites or Nilbog's monsters. The hiveminds should reject her attempts to influence Zerg or Tyranids. Now, if you got her some that weren't part of the hivemind, say from Toby the Tyranid in Light of Terra or some Primal Zerg in the Zerg jump, then it should work.
>>
>>46761922
Yes, but they're different universes. There's no guarantee that they spoke the same language pre-Babel.
>>
>>46761714
Thanks, I appreciate it a lot. So is Dragon the best race for this or should I choose something else?

>Working under Orsted in exchange for tutoring might be the best option.
How hard is that? The notes section made him sound like a villain.

>Ask the jumpmaker on what the racial aspect gives you for that
Who is that? Are they around?
>>
>>46761917
Alright, thanks again.
>>
File: blue honey.jpg (84 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
blue honey.jpg
84 KB, 400x300
>20. Green Lantern: The Animated Series

>Apidian (Species/Made-up) [Free!]
>25 years old (Age)
>Indomitable Emotionx3 (Love) [800 left]
>Basic Training [Free!]
>Casanova [Background]
>The Charmer [Discount Casanova] [700 left]
>Glue That Holds Everything Together [Discount Casanova] [500 left]
>Loose Cannon [300 left]
>Lantern Ring And Battery (Violet) [1 free]
>Alpha Lantern Schematics [1 Discount Item] [100 left]
>Bruce Timm'd [+0]
>Lanterns Assemble! (Import Hive as a Rookie) [0 left]
>.................
>Hive (200 left)
>Beginner's Luck [Free Rookie]
>Quip [Discount Rookie] [0 left]
>Lantern Ring And Battery (Violet) [1 free]
>Indomitable Emotion (Love) [1 free]
>.................
>Move On?

Never before have We felt so... l͟ov̵èd̵.̡

It suits Us well, We think.

The question does remain as to whether or not We will live to see the end of this.
>>
Jumpchain, how many setting have people who are going to be able to tell that I have extra eyes inside my head? How many of those people won't freak out?
>>
>>46762032
basically anywhere with x-ray vision or modern and above medical technology, all lot of the x-ray vision places would be okay with it. The medical technology places not so much since you have a never before seen deformity.
>>
>>46761963
If you take them outside of Starcraft or 40K, would they still be connected to the Hivemind? Seems like that'd be a perfect chance for her to take over them.
>>
>>46761991
Dragon race are...basically when their world was destroyed they reincarnated their souls into human bodies far into the future (couple hundred years behind your start point). All but Orsted to a degree forgot some things it seems, like their enemy being Hitogami, yet retained their skills/other knowledge. They have some OCP magic that's different from everything else in setting and have working teleport networks hidden across the world. They live for hundreds of years at least with no real signs of aging. Good start to train but we only see 2 in series so little to go on.

His curse is the main factor, which affects everyone not a drop in unless they have some OCP means to handle it. Which you won't with bound. It's a rather serious fear/hate effect I'm afraid. How he reacts to you...not sure. Luckily you aren't a dragon king so he won't try to kill you for your soul gem. (5 dragon treasures, the dragon king's souls used to access void world where hitogami is).

Ninjanon made it, they're about-ish?

>>46762015
No worries.
>>
>>46762080
Well, yes, but the problem is that you'd have to find a way to take them out of Starcraft or 40K, first. It would still work best to get them through one of the methods I said, so you could bring them with you without them trying to eat your face.
>>
>>46761917
>>46761973

Ah, thank you. Another, completely unrelated question--for the purposes of the servant supplement, would La Santa Muerte count as a Divine Spirit?
>>
>>46761827
>>46761922

Probably not.

At minimum the nasuverse original language wasn't 'just' a language shared by humans and 'demons'.

It was a language shared by literally everything in the world human, creature, living, and even non-living things.

There's also a possibility that the Primal Common Tongue might be too old do to how the SMT cosmos works.

Also let's be serious here if SMT YHVH's world had a lost language of super hypnosis he'd probably be the kind of entity to make sure he remembers how to use it, and as far as I can tell YHVH doesn't actually have super hypnosis.
>>
>>46762134
I'd say so yes, since it seems to be a personification of death and be worshipped.
>>
>>46762153
Ah. Fate/Extra it is then!
>>
>>46762111
Well, thanks for all the help.

I guess I'll just wank as being around 50-100 years until I can catch Ninjanon on.
>>
>>46762031
If you mean the jump? Almost certainly. Just don't go anywhere alone so it is much harder to ambush you, and if it looks like robots are about to attack the planet you're on after the corp learns what love really is, maybe take a holiday to as far away in the universe as you can get? I hear it's nice this time of year.

If you mean the chains as a whole, you're looking fine so far.
>>
>>46762111
>Dragon race are...basically when their world was destroyed they reincarnated their souls into human bodies far into the future
So what were they originally? Actual dragons?
>>
What ship upgrade should I choose for the end of A Day at the Races?
>>
File: best zerg.jpg (81 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
best zerg.jpg
81 KB, 800x564
>>46761963
Most primal zerg aren't insects though.
>>
>>46762230
Yes. The dragons you see in the world are caricatures. Unthinking lizard imitations made by Laplace to fight the human-demon war.
>>
>>46761956
So is it bad is it good id like feedback if possible i was trying to be creative with it.
>>
>>46761963
Right, using the empty cocoons from the zerg starcraft jump. For the Tyranids we plan on taking some, (ie:grab one and dip the fuck outta there utilizing my doormaker device) and dissecting the hell out of them together with Fran, and Kujura Kurokami to analyze their DNA sturcture and clone the hell outta our samples.

I vaguely remember nids have this node of some sort, that when destroyed makes them wild or something because their connection is severed from the hivemind. Also the thought of Rahab Blessing them is utterly amazing.
>>
File: Giant Space Bug.jpg (27 KB, 425x208) Image search: [Google]
Giant Space Bug.jpg
27 KB, 425x208
>>46761821
Makes me wonder if Queen Administrator would actually be the strongest power for a Jumper, given just how many horrible alien bugs are out there.

But the Cycle refused to Continue...
>>
Would I be allowed to make an Ability Stand in Jojo which essentially gives me the abilities of someone with the Mathematical Calculation power from Worm?
>>
File: 111.png (54 KB, 177x182) Image search: [Google]
111.png
54 KB, 177x182
>>46759687
You thought your waifu was safe because of the closed thread?
you were wrong
your waifu is, has been, and always will be, shit.
>>
>>46762734
>not just taking Telepathy in X-Men and mind controlling all scary aliens
>>
>>46762734
is it bugs specifically though? I remember Skeeter also controlling earth worms, that seems to imply it's more about brain complexity in which case a lot of the stuff that's been proposed wouldn't work
>>
>>46762429
Uh, guys?
>>
>>46762751
Yes.
>>
File: OUAT2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
OUAT2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Alright, should be done. I'll upload it to the drive if no one sees any major problems.
>>
>>46762773
Not the anon,
But that is totally how I planned to deal with our golden fool. Omega Telepathy along with Mind Crush from Yu Gi Oh to cripple his ambition as I flash him with images of his love, as I completely decimate his entire view in life and reality due to knowing his deepest goals and aspirations thanks to Parasite Seeing from Medaka Box. Yeah Fuck the Golden Fool for toying with humanity
>>
>>46762830
Very small nit to pick, but there is no title
>>
>>46761956
I don't know man, it's an obscure series
>>
>>46762830
As always has to be asked, what was changed/added between this and the last version?
>>
>>46762804
tell us about what you plan on doing with your LoT so that we know what you're going for so we can make suggestions
>>
>>46762429
>>46762804
The cannon
>>
>>46762912
there's two cannons be more specific
>>
>>46762795
Her power is to control bugs. That includes anything that she'd think of as a creepy-crawly. Insects, arachnids, annelids, crustaceans...she can't control mites or anything really small like that, though, she can't conceptualize them like that. Even if she learned to, Queen Administrator is set in its role by this point, it's not going to change without being jailbroken. Wildbow has confirmed that if she encountered alien life similar enough to her current minions that it would fall under her sphere of influence, though.
>>
>>46761956
Nothing to that scale has been shown in series, from memory. All of the nen abilities have been more "Make items or human-shaped entities" than "Make an entire large airship that can blow up an entire city."
>>
>>46762903
Just added companion options, a benchmark for Squid Ink (though I may need to make a better one), added a few notes, and fixed some grammar problems.

>>46762879
I'll fix that.
>>
>>46762947
That Buddha probably coulda done it
>>
>>46762969
...no, it couldn't. We very clearly see the maximum power it can output and it doesn't even destroy a single cave. It's not even on the level of a nuke, by a long, long way.
>>
>>46762111
So what is Hitogami capable of? I've picked up on his ability to access dreams and control small amounts of people, but if I take his drawback what should I expect to be dealing with?
>>
>>46762429
>>46762804
I went with minelayer bays, because ambushes work well for my dark eldar spec'd light.
>>
>>46762905
Ii don't really plan on doing anything with it. I've given it tons of regeneration and durability, but that's because I don't want it to break that easily.

>>46762912
Like Bancho said, there are two cannons, so you're gonna have to be specific/
>>
Uh, hey, what does Cosmic Fact actually DO? Like, I know it's supposed to give you a history, but the non-Drop-in backgrounds usually do that too.
>>
Does what happened in light of terra carry over to commorragh?

also any update on the Eldar or Black Crusade jumps?
>>
>>46762947
To be fair it can only be used on an army or army busters and when i say it takes up a lot of nen i mean uf you don't have perks stacked like a madman the drain trying to create it would kill you let alone the up keep.
>>
>>46763048
I do believe there is a drawback to that affect in all WH40K jumps.
>>
>>46762942
True, but given a hell of a lot of time as a companion, thanks to the Post-Jump "upgrade" where your shard powers are now innate powers, she could very well evolve her power to greater detail. That is, before you start including the other perks you could give her. The mind controller esper ability, omega telepathy, power combination from injustice to maybe combine her multitasking control to those she enslaves via her other perks. Also, shard powers adapt to your growing skillset.
>>
>>46763037
Gives you a history with all your jumper powers
>>
>>46762804
>>46763075
the Gitfinda will help with one of the drawbacks in the next part and also is good if you are specing for long-range. Skulhamma Mega-Kannon is what I went with because I needed more rapid fire stuff to complement the slow but hits hard stuff. The Rok-It Launcha is great for invasions
>>
>>46763048
I know Eldar's getting a continuity one to make /all/ of your previous 40K Jumps canon.
>>
>>46763064
I think you'd just be better of finding some other way to get this. This sort of thing massively outpowers the two strongest nen users in the series combined. It sounds horribly inefficient from what I can see anyway.

>>46763037
Basically lets you cheat the ten year time limit on jumps and include your origin time as jump time.
>>
>>46763082
Oh, very true. I'm just saying that her power isn't "control simple nervous systems". It's "control bugs". You could expand on what it considers bugs, and combo it with other powers, but on its own it won't start hijacking any simple-minded creature.
>>
>>46763090
...So if I had the Angel perk from Evangelion in, I don't know, Steven Universe, my history in that world would be that of an Angel. Oh dear...
>>46763111
Wait, what? How does that work?
>>
>>46763098
Bancho, I've done most of the DLC, all I have left is this and Lords of the Iron Line.
>>
>>46763132
Anon, you have all of your powers in the origin time. Depending on your power level and the jump in question, you can basically make any number of changes to canon before the jump officially starts. If you have some sort of perk or spell that means you don't lose memories or remain who you are or even just interpret how origins work in a certain way, you effectively just start years earlier in the jump.
>>
>>46763120
Oh yeah, totally. Sorry for the misunderstanding there. Also Johj Roaches are pretty much supremely fucked. Should make getting the Rahab Blessing easier.
>>
>>46763163
No, that's totally not how it works. Marvel was very clear that you can't change canon with Cosmic Fact.
>>
>>46763037

At minimum (for non drop ins that don't change the age roll) it gives you 8 years of having survived being involved in the major events of Marvel.

Then there's the stuff from the other two replies.

Oh and I think Marvel Anon said your now an actual Marvel comics character.
>>
File: Akiman_Bee_Woman.png (435 KB, 275x404) Image search: [Google]
Akiman_Bee_Woman.png
435 KB, 275x404
>21. Marvel Comics

>Rolled 2000 AD
>Rolled New York City
>23 years old (rolled)
>Student [900 left]
>Brains [Free Student]
>Precognition [Discount Student] [600 left]
>Helm of Xorn [300 left]
>Healing Factor [50 left]
>Unstable Molecule Uniform [0 left]
>Move On

A more modest start for Us this time, it appears. Unfortunately, it seems We will have some trouble with either a spider or an octopus.

We dare not ask why.
>>
>>46763184
Oh, so it's just tonnes of extra training time, time to set up things in advance of the main jump so you can easily change things once you begin, time to copy (Copy, not steal) powers or items, time to befriend all the main characters. Basically free up all the time you'd have taken up in the main jump then?
>>
>>46763120
No, I' pretty sure that is her power, since last I checked, crabs aren't bugs.
>>
>>46763163
That, that changes quite a bit. Oh God, all the jumps with long origin ages like High Priest, Crystal Gem, or Sword of Polaris...
>>46763185
Well that's a thing. Apparently I am now part of Marvel's canon-I have alternate universe versions of me. Oh that can not possibly end well.
>>46763210
That's still pretty interesting, leaves a lot of room to adapt or change.
>>
>>46762830
Are heroes not supposed to have items or was that an oversight?
>>
>>4676321
I don't think that's how it's supposed to work either, let me go see if I can find a post in the archives about it. Last I remember it was more "People are more accepting of your abilities because you've always had them" than "You get extra time in the jump and can do anything you want to during that time."
>>
>>46763219
some of them are ;)
>>
>>46763210

Do note that if it works like it does in Marvel it might mean you were also involved in the pre-jump major events since you were 11.

Which while useful might have also caused complication.

The since you were 11 part also means it probably won't work in jumps where you start really young.
>>
>>46763219
How are crabs not bugs? They're gross chitinous monsters that crawl around eating detritus. That's a bug, man.
>>
>>46763136
well I made several recommendations, but I would lean towards the Rok-It Launcha the LoT is kind of meant for large-scale confrontations and combination kinetic bombardment and troop deployment fits that very well
>>
>>46763246
Why can't it JUST work like it does in marvel though? You just are somewhat known by the canon people and took past, but didn't have a major role, in canon events up till then? Why does it have to get this massive boost in power and use post jump?
>>
>>46763264
That's how I assume it works. I was there, I contributed, but for whatever reason my contributions didn't change the overall course of history. Whatever twists of fate prevented that also prevented me from taking advantage of the extra time it would grant me.
>>
>>46763111
Ill revise it thanks for the advice i was just trying to comeup with something that was unique ya know. I think blade projection would be more tame then.
>>
>>46763219
What matters is what her Shard identified as a bug by her standards when she got her power. What actually is and isn't a bug doesn't matter.
>>
>>46763291
Which is great and I think how it should work. But every other use I see is just abusing the fact that you have your powers from the start- whether for training, plotting, magpieing, time fuckery etc.
>>
>>46763264
>>46763291
>Didn't have a major role
Actually, it says you take part in major events, so most likely, shenanigans happened so that even with your powers and knowledge, events still progressed the way they were supposed too.
>>
>>46763237
...Shit.

I legitimately have no idea how I forgot that. I may just remove the item trees and just give discounts on a few of them.
>>
>>46763332
Firstly, yes, I essentially just said that. Secondly, doesn't address any of the other problems.
>>
>>46763255
True.

Hmm. Killing power, or troop transportation. ...I think I' going to have to go with one of the Cannons, since i'm considering getting the Eternity Gate in Part 3.
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/39298055/#39301769 The post where Marvel explained what Cosmic Fact does outside of the setting.
>>
>>46763264

No clue. I just remember the extra stuff apparently being a ruling and/or a sure why not thing Marvel went with.

Still even if y cant set up some pre-jump plot years of extra plot related information and accumulated survival skill still seems useful.

Unless your one of the keeps dying and coming back people. At which point your screwed or everyone will be confused.
>>
>>46763404
>Hmm. Killing power, or troop transportation. ...I think I' going to have to go with one of the Cannons, since i'm considering getting the Eternity Gate in Part 3.

Well depending on how evil you are that leaves you with the second one since the first one requires living people for ammunition. But the eternity gate doesn't do anything a monolith doesn't do, and you are ready have the capacity to build monoliths, given about 1000 years and an ACU import like I did
>>
Is getting a Necron ship equipment like the Eternity Gate or the Aeonic Orb for your LoT and then reverse engineering the tech from it possible? Even if we didn't go Necron companion?

Trying to see if its possible to outfit a fleet with smaller version of them.
>>
>>46763498
Technically, but you gotta have the stacks
>>
>>46763498
>Trying to see if its possible to outfit a fleet with smaller version of them.
Well there's only one way to get upgrades for the LoT that aren't from your companion and it counts as a 800 point drawback and explicitly states that no one has ever survived it. But Roboanon says you get nearly all the technical info you need to bootstrap up to it from importing something as a ACU.
>>
>>46763478
>Official Marvel character
...out of curiosity, we get to decide our origin story, right? I'd much rather it be as an Angel of ADAM then as a jumper. Lots of baddies who might target our Earth if they knew.
>>
>>46763478
Doesn't really clear anything up, if anything it only confirms the issues. Could we get Marvel to speak up about this and clarify whether the various uses of the ability are legit or not?
>>
>>46763498
You get all of the tech added to your database if you import it into Supreme Commander, however even with the knowledge the Æonic orb would likely be nearly impossible to recreate, due to needing to harvest a star for the components.
>>
File: OUAT2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
OUAT2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I hope this is good enough. I'm getting tired of this jump.
>>
>>46763566
>>46763655
Hey if the SupCom ACU leets us get the tech in the database, does that mean we get free Necrodermic building material blueprints?

Much cheaper than having too make our own femto-tech from scratch, eh.
>>
>>46762996
He can perfectly see the future of up to 3 people at a time, has a curse that makes others trust him, can manipulate anyone or close to it as a result, and ruins other's lives/kills them to cover his own ass and for giggles. Then you basically took off his only 3 people flawlessly limit which was self imposed, since accuracy dropped if beyond 3. He also can't be touched in the void world unless you get all 5 dragon treasures, meaning you have to kill revived Laplace and Perugius. Also if you kill him the planet might die like the other previous 6. So yeah, have seals ready and he isn't a pushover in a fight himself.

Have fun with it!
>>
>>46763797
Oh no, I was talking the one that puts me on his shit list, not the one that buffs him up.
My long term game plan is to get myself under Orstead's protection early as possible
>>
Hey Merchant, if I take FFYI boost, do I not gain CP from it?
>>
>>46763210
I thought you didn't gain any actual power or time through it. It is basically saying that you were there without noticeably changing things, which lets you be friends already but you can't have really 'done' anything before hand. You won't count that time as training time or time stealing items, because that's not what the perk is for. In my opinion it would make for some very awkward conversations both in your history and once 'you' arrive.
>Hey Jumper, why didn't you use your phenomenal cosmic power to stop the bad guy the first time we met, and why didn't you save everyone with ease?
>Uhhh... I couldn't change things?
>But you can change things now?
>Well I wasn't really me before, just someone that is part of me and had my powers but was retroactively inserted into history without actually changing anything.
>>
So how's the OT Jump for Star Wars going KoTOR?
>>
>>46764028
... My thread didn't update for a while and I didn't realize other people had answered this already. My bad.
>>
>>46761518
Eh, Vampire and Changeling are pretty much fine without a cap. The reason Exalted had one installed is because Charms are tied to Essence and get exponentially better the higher you go. Admittedly Mastery of all Arcana but two is still rather silly, so seven or so might work as a decent middle ground. Although second edition is due any day now, so might be worth it to wait for that to integrate it. From what I've seen it manages to be quite good, being a better version of first edition instead of what they're doing in Changeling with throwing stuff in and changing stuff around for the hell of it (Huntsmen in particular are terribly thought out).
>>46763956
Yeah, it's rather explicitly stated in the actual perk text.
>>
>>46764116
Did you decide how Lugh affects magic?
>>
What Jumps have harem-related perks?
>>
>>46764225
the harem ones.
Familiar of Zero has one, i think
>>
>>46764225
Zero no Tsukaima and Akame Ga Kill do offhand but I know there are quite a few others
>>
>>46764116
Really? I haven't been paying much attention lately. I'll just have to wait to see what seems more balanced when I put more thought into it later.
>>
>>46763491
>But the eternity gate doesn't do anything a monolith doesn't do
If that double negative was unintentional, it explicitly does, you moron.
If it wasn't, what the fuck was the point of saying that.
>>
>>46764295
Hey, can I make one request? Can you not do the thing all the other NWpD jumps do where you just copy the attributes and abilities word for word and add points to them? Because that shit is terrible.
>>
How would the Summer Magic from Narnia compare to the equivalent from the Dresden Files?
>>
>>46764225
Tsukihime
Kara No Kyoukai
Rosario+Vampire
Ravenloft
>>
>>46764344
I wasn't planning on it, seeing as they are inevitably ignored in favour of everything else you couldn't learn with a bit of effort and a few learning perks.
>>
>>46764382
Thanks, Engy. You're the best.
>>
>>46764225
Sekirei has several. It's also notable for having an anti-harem perk that is just hilarious to apply.
>>
>>46764374
>Ravenloft
I would be very interested in stories of harems picked up here. I have to imagine it would be like Yandre simulator only you get to be senpie and also maybe lunch.
>>
So, I rolled Broken Land during Lords of the Iron Line and got a 4, cutting 2 days travel from my time.

What does this mean? Do I need to make two less rolls?
>>
>>46764432
I love that perk.
>>
>>46764668
read the bottom of the lords of the iron line segment it will all make sense because how many days you have to spare = your reward
>>
>>46764668
Yes.

You roll for encounters for each day.
>>
Is there anyway to give an item/weapon/armour you forge a special effect? Like, let's say I use the Secret of Steel to make an excellent blade, is there a perk that allows me to make a holy sword? I'm considering playing the role of the legendary blacksmith who gives the hero their weapon sometime. Any other blacksmith perks are great too.
>>
>>46764959
Only one I can think of off the top of my head is in Monster Hunter.

If your weapon has an element you strengthen it. If it doesn't then you can awaken an element in your weapon.
>>
>>46764959
Any magic system with permanent enchanting, I suppose.

If you mean an inexplicable, out of nowhere with no real explanation other than the crafter's hard work effect, Anartist from SCP could do the trick.
>>
>>46764959
Viking Saga's Craftsmen of the Gods does just this, Also Elven Enchantment from Lord of the Rings lets you enchant stuff as it is being made.
There are also tons of Enchanting perks that let you make permanent magic items.
>>
>>46764959
Elven Enchantment from Lord of the Rings, Enchanting from Samurai Jack, Runes from Viking Saga Jump and Fate/ Whatever, Voodoo Crap Magic from Rick and Morty, Forge of Souls + Titans Blood from God of War, Maker + Maker's Prodigy in Darksiders, Summoning and Magic Arrays in Mushoku Tensei, Fate/ Item Creation Skill, and Soul Smith from Dark Souls might help.
>>
>>46764168
You learn it faster, but not as fast as more mundane skills (still fast, just not the mastery in days level) but as mentioned previously it has to be a learned skill as opposed to an innate ability. Besides that I'll get around to rejiggering some of the other bits to balance this out (mostly just Demigods get affinity for stuff to do with their parents, not as strong as Path affinities though).

Looking back at it certain bits could probably use elaboration in the jump anyway, Path of the Gods in particular could use some elaboration on how bullshit Eyes (full synch) are, and all in all a bit more fluff would be good, as well as samples for how certain things work. Monsters especially could do with some elaboration on how insane Legendary Traits get with Primal Terror. Because most of the time when you're facing the big names it's about circumventing their abilities instead of outdoing them. You don't get into a staring contest with Medusa.

Sorry if I'm a bit rambling, just finishing stuff out and going to bed shortly.
>>46764382
Good to hear. Also on Drop In options might I suggest messing around with Paradox and the Abyss in general?
>>46764295
Yeah, they did buff certain Arcana a great deal (along with a lot of other things, 2E really seems to be pushing that Supernaturals are scary compared to mortals). Notably Time actually sort of has backwards travel at Unmaking now, with quite a few limitations though (notably among other things it's a continuous spell, meaning you snap back if it's dispelled, and there's only one of you). My major recommendation though is to make a note to the effect that Supernal Magic is close enough to the magic of the current jump to be detected and countered by it regardless of how you normally run it. Both because it already kinda goes that way for crossover games and because a lot of stuff gets broken fast when it's hard to detect and irresistible.
>>
>>46764959
Check out EX Item Creation from the Servant Supplement of the Fate/ jump.
It'll let you make Noble Phantasms that other people could potentially use.

There's also the Dwarf perks from Viking Saga, which let's you put runes on things and craft objects with impossible abilities.

I think there are a few jumps that actually let you become a god or demigod of crafting, which should have some pretty sweet benefits.

The Peasant capstones from God of War, when taken with the capstone booster, let you do things like make energy constructs and create metals from different types of energy.

The Peasant capstone from King Arthur makes anything mundane you craft 'better'.

The Tradesman capstone from Generic Zombie Apocalypse makes anything without moving parts crafted by you virtually indestructible.
>>
Okay, so bear with me here Jumpchain--given the completion of both the Chrono Trigger and Demon's Souls jumps, what could be made with Lavos's soul, using the various Demon's Souls capstones? Something like a magic version of the the needle-drill attack perhaps?
>>
>>46765032
>>46765054
>>46765087
>>46765117
>>46765128
That works, thanks.
>Anartist
Actually, that reminds me, what can we replicate with that? All Safe and Euclid abilities in canon?
>>
So besides the DC-based and Marvel-based Jumps, what're all the superhero-themed Jumps we have?
>>
>>46765126
I am simultaneously overjoyed due to my love of all things time travely, and in immense pain because I have to figure out how to balance it. As for the last part, that sounds good.
>>
>>46765183
Worm, City of Heroes, I don't know if PS32someothernumer is superheroes but it seems like it.
>>
Just a reminder to the person who started a 1984 wip on pastebin, Flying fortresses are a thing in setting, that is all.
>>
>>46765126
Okay, thanks.

So, for example, would it still be fast enough to blow Dumbledore/Voldemort our of the water in HP magic learning speed?

Also, I forgot to ask, what would you get from Blood of Kings for either Odin or Lugh?
>>
For the anon talking Paradox last thread, Awakening Paradox is more about if the magic is noticeable than if the magic is possible under the local belief structure. So it likely wouldn't change much.
>>46765190
All the Arcana will probably have ridiculous stuff at five under the new paradigm. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if second edition Mage would need a Gnosis cap for balance (or just remind people about Paradox getting a lot worse the stronger you are), Mages were already top tier in first edition and second seems to be making everyone stronger. Notably Paradox is also more of a concern for people who aren't the caster, which may mess up its function as a balancing mechanism for the jump. But for now not much point in talking about it when the actual book isn't out yet.

For perks I'd recommend keeping Path relatively small compared to Order. Path already heavily defines you by determining what Arcana you're really good at and which Legacies you qualify for. Drop In is probably best placed with the Orders, not the Paths (Mage lacks a good tertiary origin option like Changeling), and with that corresponding loosely to Scelesti on a similar logic to Dresden's Drop In option.

Seers might be interesting to have but probably aren't worth the time to make a line for them, since they'd have extremely niche appeal. Non-abyssal left handed stuff should probably be a mid tier perk for Guardians, early enough that others can afford it but very accessible to them in particular (maybe do it as a one or the other perk so people who go Guardian aren't shoehorned into being soul eating monsters if they don't want to be).
>>
>>46765402
Keep in mind, Lugh reaches mastery as in highly skilled professional, not ridiculous outlier. Sports for instance you can get to good national levels but not olympics off Lugh alone (see also Chess, with the difference between masters and grandmasters). You'd get fairly far along ridiculously fast but Dumbledore especially would still be a long trek.
>>
>>46765622
Maybe you should stop using mastery and just say highly skilled? It just seems like it'd clear up a lot of misunderstandings for just an extra word.
>>
>>46765524
Well, I get the feeling I'm going to have a bad time. Anyways, does 100-Free/200/400/600 for Orders, and 100-Free/200/200 for Watchtowers structure sound good?
>>
>>46765622
Not even GtM and FFYI will get you to actual Mastery? That's pretty disappointing.
>>
>>46765688
*with the Watchtowers Free Perk being a general theme perk, and each discounting perk representing one of the Favoured Arcana?
>>
>>46765622
Also thinking on it the other thing in that situation is that the jack of all trades thing also comes into play. You won't be legendary in any one skill, but you'll be quite good on most of the curriculum (I say most because certain things like divination seem to have a born with or without it element), and get there fairly quickly. It's a major advantage to be good at potions, and transfiguration, and charms, and DADA, and so on.
>>46765678
Yeah I suppose. I think part of it is just me being in mythology mindset on this sort of thing, so master is the guy with his own shop and decades of experience competent enough to make a very good wage and have an apprentice. Instead of descriptors like legendary for those who outclass almost everyone else. Will try to keep it in mind for future posts though.
>>
Does anyone know if the fortress constructed by the Nexus Shard from the Demon's Souls jump remains constant? Like, if you have a sofa in it in one jump, would that sofa still be there once you plant it in the next?
>>
>>46765815
How fast would demigod of Odin learn magic in Harry Potter or in other magic worlds?
>>
>>46765769
Sorry, as mentioned I probably communicated it badly. I tend to think of mastery as in highly competent professional grade, not best in field. Can see where that could be taken differently and apologize for the miscommunication. That said you're getting a ridiculous headstart for the skills you wish to pursue further, as it's a few days for mundane or weeks for supernatural skills to hit cap, which leaves you with a lot more time to develop from that level than the guy who only reaches it seventh year if he's good at that subject (admittedly getting the reading material and instruction to fully realize that time estimate might be a bit of an issue).
>>
>>46765524
Considering supernaturals don't set off disbelief I'm not sure I agree with your first sentence. The effect is specifically because there is part of the Abyss in every sleeping soul, and even though I think Paradox should stay (still reaching across the Abyss to use your magic) I'm not sure making it not work in worlds where everyone can (potentially) do magic, or in Star Wars where the force is in everyone, or etc etc. Thematically it's hard to judge.
>>
>>46765925
Eh, fair enough. So how much would FFYI and GtM actually boost it, anyway?

I'm done bothering you after this. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>46765815
Actually, where does it talk about the changes to the Arcana? I need to know how much to cry.
>>
>>46765952
Oh and second ed is doing away with Covert and Vulgar anyway, though I think being seen is still bad.
>>
>>46765971
It's scattered around the net, I think. They have some stuff up on the Onyx Path website though, dev diary sort of things.
>>
>>46765308
There is no 1984 WIP on pastebin. There has never been a 1984 WIP on pastebin.

You have always been at war with Oceania.

You'll see.
>>
Manyfist - you left before I could ask:

Why can't Technorganic pick Triple changer or Deceptive con? I can sort of get Triple changer but what if I wanted to turn into a small animal, would I just be a giant one like in Beast Wars?

It does cost 500 and none of the other options have that restriction, not even fuzor or transmetal (by the way, are they 200 instead of 500, or 200+500?)
>>
>>46765923
Most magic aspected demigods will get greater insight into the mechanics and basis of other magic systems as they encounter them, and might nudge them in various ways in keeping with their parent. This varies in usefulness depending on the system, but helps a lot with skill based systems, though doesn't substitute for raw power. It also may be subject to limits on compatibility depending on where the stuff falls on spirit stuff vs ki vs magic, though the precise cut offs vary by god.

Notably to keep things from getting too imbalanced in the comparisons of various gods after the Lugh ruling Demigods do have affinities for magic that matches their heritage. Athena does better scrying, Hephaestus enchanting and forging, and so on. Gods of magic in general get a lesser buff to any one category but get it to most categories.

Subject to hindsight for the next couple weeks though. I'm still unsure on this and reserve the right to go back if this derails everything significantly.

Out of curiosity I would like to know who's around currently and which options they went with and why. I'm honestly unsure whether it's just a few people who went with Lugh and he just happens to get a lot of talk due to his ability or if he and Odin are currently just being taken en masse as people consider them to outshine everything else.
>>
>>46766008
Well at least Rotes aren't skill based anymore, which will make them a bit less terrifyingly broken, Muggles still fuck your magic, and what I've seen of the new Arcana spells are less soul crushing than expected, though the bar was so low that a professional limbo would weep bitter tears. So thats kind of nice.
>>
>>46766211
*Arcana 5 spells.
>>
>>46766150
I take Odin because I thought that with him as my Godparent I will be able to gasp True Magic from Fate. And I use perk Blood of kings to get some fast lerning form Lugh but maybe I will change him to Hekate or Hephaestus.
>>
>>46766150
I took Nyarlathotep, mostly because I think the Outer Gods are very schway.
Also can't have enough forbidden magic or mindrape options.
>>
File: -.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>46766211
*Limbo Dancer. I am just on the ball today, aren't I?
>>
>>46766250
Why would being the child of Odin help you learn the True Magics? I don't know Fate that well, is there some connection between him and the True Magics?
>>
>>46766277
Odin ritualistically sacrificed himself for two gifts, all the secrets of magic, and knowledge of the future. Anon probably wants to copy the first feat.

What he doesn't know is that to learn True Magics you have to physically travel to Akasha.
>>
>>46766358
Well, he hung himself from the roots of Yggdrasil, did he not? Presumably he might hope to have the teachings of such imparted, being the son of Odin.
>>
>>46766358
Not quite. To learn a new True Magic you do, once someone does that they can apparently teach it. See Rin and her family studying it over the generations, her eventual limited use of it and Zelretch apprenticing her as well as other former apprentices. Even still, the fact that the Tohsaka had access to the Jewel sword and the other apprentices to Zel himself probably implies you do need some sort of connection to the original souce.
>>
>>46765952
The thing is it doesn't matter if you're bluffing everyone into thinking you're some other supernatural, if you're doing anything obviously magical you're hitting Paradox and disbelief. You could use Life to shove together a wolf man and it would still get Disbelieved by the guy who hangs out with real werewolves. There's not really much that would change setting to setting beyond amount of information available to call bullshit with.
>>46765970
FFYI takes you from high-middling to high grade if it's one of his abilities you favor. GtM just removes the requirement to focus on it and makes it slightly better than just FFYI with focus on it. A lot of GtM is about getting more powers instead of enhancing existing ones for gods with a decent spread of domains. Now the single domain gods might end up with some unusually potent stuff in addition to a bunch of abilities dealing with that one thing, but that's more due to limited design space.

Anyway I'm off to collapse.
>>
>>46766150
I like Odin but I was related to him already in Viking Saga, I felt that it'd be silly to do so again. So I went with someone weirder.
>>
>>46766150
I think it's less "outshines everything else" in terms of the setting, but more that gods that offer things that help you grow other skills are more useful than ones that just let you throw around fire or wind or something.

For the same reason that Enhnaced Mastery or Reverse Engineering from Worm is better than Ballistic Transmission.

Personally, I went with Thor because I needed weather powers.
>>
>>46766389
>>46766391
Fair. I do want to say though, that Odin's sacrifice only meant something because it had every change and probability of killing him. If Odin was never in any true danger, it wouldn't have worked. Ritual magic cares a lot about how it happens, and what it means, as much as what does happen. So if he's planning on giving up something irrelevant to himself or pulling off a jumper trick to keep it from being risky, then he'll get nothing out of it.
>>
>>46766358
What's the best way to go about doing that? Would Doormaker work?
>>
>>46766392
So it would be better in a high tech setting where you can pretty handwave everything as Quantum Tech by having a sufficiently advanced looking machine on you to say you used?
>>
>>46766429
Not to mention Odin keeping the scars from the ordeal is pretty major too.
>>
>>46766433
You know, there should be a lot of Thor demigods running around. Guy was basically the viking paragon, he loved humans, and he was constantly traveling around in Midgard (So was Odin, but usually for trickster shit). So you know Thor would be getting drunk and banging bar sluts all the time.
>>
>>46766392
Oh I wasn't meaning people who know about supernatural beings don't do it, I was meaning the supernaturals themselves don't, and it would be annoying for Annette to have to judge every settings supernaturals and say 'yes' to some, 'no' to others, and 'fanwank it' to the settings that are unclear. Also lots of fantasy settings have everyone able to do magic, even if they don't learn it, so do they not trigger disbelief?
It'd be a big kerfuffle is what I'm saying.

Just repeating myself, I'm not saying Paradox shouldn't happen post jump, I'm saying that post jump I don't think Disbelief should.
>>
>>46766468
>Annette
I'm going to get mixed up with every female Jumper at some point, aren't I?
>>
>>46761821
Think bigger.

VAJRA. Especially if you get Panacea to rig some of them into bugs that can amplify her broadcast range with their fold wave communication into interdimensional levels.
>>
>>46766496
Hush, Red.
>>
>>46766454
I would bet Loki would outdo Thor on that count though, if only for the fact that he had a history of having kids, a lot of kids, and that he didn't seem to mind what it was he was fucking to get them.
>>
>>46766496
God dam it. Sorry.
>>
>>46766512
Yeah, but Loki's kids would stick out. Almost all horrible monsters or weird animals, very few human looking ones no matter who he slept with. His closest shot was Hel, and she still was half corpse.
>>
>>46766496
I don't think anyone is going to mix you up with Val, but it might happen.
>>
>>46766510
I've already crossed Red off my list. IIRC, I just need go be confused with Konata, Valeria, The Other Alice that I have never seen before, and probably a few more that I forgot.
>>
>>46766527
True, damned frost giant "genetics" being crazy.
>>
File: hubba hubba.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hubba hubba.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>46766540
What about me?
>>
>>46766552
I apologize, good sir.
*Crux in a wig, and probably a few more that I forgot.
>>
>>46766545
Hel is still a qt
>>
File: lucario aime.gif (521 KB, 245x182) Image search: [Google]
lucario aime.gif
521 KB, 245x182
>>46766496
It's fine, LucarioAnon. They're all being silly.

LucarioAnon was a chick, right? I remember them being referred to as female in the writefagging they wrote.
>>
File: meth not even once.jpg (46 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
meth not even once.jpg
46 KB, 480x480
>>46766567
Wig?! I am shocked and appalled by such an allegation!
>>
>>46766527
What about Nari and Vali? They were normal. I mean, Vali did turn into a wolf, but that was due to a curse and not any inherent monstrosity.
>>
>>46763667
Uh.

How powerful is the Dark One? Voldemort? Sauron? Black Frost? Also the blood thing feels kind of arbitrary, I'd rather you just take it out.
>>
File: D84kSOR.jpg (29 KB, 481x481) Image search: [Google]
D84kSOR.jpg
29 KB, 481x481
>>46766578
I have seen your true self, my friend. I know who you really are, deep inside, above all else.
>>
>>46764959
Forgotten Realms jump has the Warlock, Experience Like A River and Magical Craftsman perks. Reach 12th level in Warlock, and you can craft any magic item so long as you have enough experience* and gold to spend and can pass the UMD skill check - so one of the first items you should make is one that boosts your UMD skill check... which you can then use to make to an better one that boosts it even more... until you can pass the check in your sleep.

*D&D Experience is similar to D&D Hit Points: it's not a singular thing, it's a combination of things. Think of it as X% actual experience in getting better at stuff and Y% metaphysical 'power'; divine favor, primordial essence, arcane congruence, heroic ki - call it whatever you want, but D&D characters have "it" - where X rapidly drops from near 100% at the start of a PC's career to near 0% as they reach 5th level / 5 skill ranks, at least for what we'd consider human ability in 3rd Edition terms as that's roughly where PCs start accomplishing feats that would make olympic-class athletes blink.
>>
File: i got to check this out.gif (4 MB, 400x335) Image search: [Google]
i got to check this out.gif
4 MB, 400x335
>>46763667
Looks just about done. 50cp option to pay for location?
>>
>>46766936
>so long as you have enough experience and gold...
sorry that should be: so long as you have the right feats (which Magical Craftsman takes care) and enough experience and gold..
>>
>>46766983
Oh, pallas cats. They're so fluffy, I love it.
>>
File: why you should watch Delta.png (851 KB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
why you should watch Delta.png
851 KB, 1280x738
Do Naruto powerlevels not make sense to anyone sometimes? So I understand the Tailed Beasts are supposed to, in terms of raw power, be the most powerful damn things short of Kaguya's moon people and really broken fuckers like Obito and Madara.

But somehow, Naruto's mom can choke the bejeesus out of the strongest one and stuff it into a ninja subspace with one technique. Is this a statement about jinchuriki weakness, how hax fuinjutsu is or how buff Naruto's mom was?

If you had all the Orphan-discounted bloodlines, You Have Reserves, Fuinjutsu Prodigy and Genius of Hard Work would it be in your reach to create even better adamantine sealing chains? Or for that matter, develop something like the All-Killing Ash Bones technique?

>>46766983
>>46767098

I heard you liked cats
>>
>>46767297
Uzumaki chains are especially good at sealing and chakra draining, Kushina was noted as being a really fucking good seal master and was almost certainly a very powerful ninja in her own right too. She'd also been the Kyuubi Jinchuriki for years and the Kyuubi only had half of it's power or, in the case of the Konoha fight, was being controlled and had fought against the entire ninja village for some time. So it's nowhere near as impressive as you think.

Biju also aren't the most powerful aside from those three. We know of a number of ninja that fight them fairly equally, sometimes for great deals of time, or are directly compared to them. The Third Raikage, Kisame, Hashirama, probably some of the other kage level nin and the protagonists all come to mind. That's just for the Kyuubi, the lesser tailed biju are much weaker then the 9 tails.
>>
>>46767297
She was his kryptonite. If you've got that technique you could probably do it too.

Wood techniques have a similar effect, if memory serves, though not one geared toward doing that explicitly. Not 100% on that, your mileage may vary.
>>
>>46767297
General rule to stand by for Naruto:

-Is it a protagonist?
-Is it from space?
-Is it a leader of some form?
-Is it an Uchiha?

If it answers yes to any of those questions, it's going to have a stronger power-level compared to anyone else.
>>
>>46767377
Funnily enough, Kushina is none of those so you come off a bit silly anon.
>>
>>46767326
>>46767347

Alright. Nah, that's still pretty damn stronk though. Really I just want to develop absurdly powerful bones and chains.

I'll just go ahead and assume whatever species of moon alien Kaguya is, is orders of magnitude stronger than those things then. I just found out what the Infinite Tsukuyomi actually does, and it's such a blatent Evangelion ripoff.

>>46767377
How does having every bloodline discounted for Orphan compare to that?

>>46767382
I like Kushina already. No pretentious hat tricks or asspulls, just good old fashioned talent and training.
>>
>>46767382
I was an idiot right there and forget 'there will be rare outliers.'

Because Might Guy also doesn't fit any of them.

>>46767399
>just good old fashioned talent and training.

And then we get to the fucking climax with Hagoromo.

Where that entire message gets tossed out the FUCKING WINDOW.
>>
>>46767409
That message was NEVER true. From the start Naruto only won his part 1 fights because he had the Kyuubi sealed in him from birth. His fight against Neji that proved hard work can beat natural talent and destiny? Without the Kyuubi, Naruto would have lost.
>>
Does anyone know where Dirge has gone?
>>
I can't decide Mentat or Fleshcrafting form dune ? Can you post your bulids to Dune ?
>>
>>46767439
He hasn't been around for almost two months now, at least he hasn't posted with his name in that time. I have a fragment of a memory of him finally getting fed up and leaving, but I can't find anything in the archive about it and suspect I'm getting mixed up with the people who say he's left.

I'm really hoping he's still around, or is just busy and will come back when his real life calms down a bit.
>>
>>46767422
Indeed. One more question: Where is the god tree that creates the fruit that started all this nonsense located anyway? As in, how hard is it to reach?
>>
>>46767675
It was literally absorbed by Kaguya during her reign, The Demonic Statue of the Outer Path is the closest to a piece of it left. It was sealed in the moon but by the time you get there Pein has it stashed somewhere in a cave.
>>
>>46767700
As a side note if you buy the Rinnengan you could just summon it out from under him, provided he doesn't figure out some additional protection in response to another Rinnengan user showing up.
>>
There has always been a 1984 WIP on pastebin. There will always be a 1984 WIP on pastebin.

Eastasia has always been at war with Eurasia.

http://pastebin.com/1LMMXQyi
>>
File: haruhi.gif (290 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
haruhi.gif
290 KB, 540x303
Is it just me or is the Bleach jump kinda ehhh....
>>
>>46767794
It's not just you, it's that the jumpmaker wasn't that good.
>>
>>46767794
Speaking of Bleach, what other jumps amplify the power of your soul? There's Soul Eater as well, but anything else?
>>
File: 1450302716578.png (401 KB, 1038x537) Image search: [Google]
1450302716578.png
401 KB, 1038x537
>>46767767
yes
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS
MY TIME IS NOW
>>
>>46767794
Man I would love a Haruhi jump, but there should probably never be a Haruhu jump.
>>
File: protoman.png (403 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
protoman.png
403 KB, 500x647
>>46767700
Aw crap. Well ain't that typical. It's a good place to start at least, thanks.

>>46767739
But heavens no, I'm not messing with the edgy eyes. I've also just found out what Black Zetsu really is, and that shit is no bueno.

No, I think this calls for an OCP. At this stage I'm only 40something jumps in, but I am a centuries-old Soulfire-wielding master necrobotanist.

I have access to limitless magicka, and the Staff of Magnus to tap it safely, on top of specialising in Alteration magics.

Due to a series of unfortunate events, I am known as the Spiral Alchemist in FMA.

And I can also create Mystic Codes and use Hamon, for whatever that's worth.

It's not really for me, anyway. My sensei's much more into this sort of stuff. It's true I'd be interested in seeing if it's possible to revive the tree enough to grow a new fruit, but if so it'd be for Karin since the whole chakra thing gives me a headache. And so does reading, at the time of the jump.

I'll figure something out.

>>46767767
...what happens if you take Big Brother and also some of the drawbacks that antagonise Big Brother?

Do you end up locked in mortal kombat for the title of World's Greatest Oniichan?
>>
>>46767875
Haruhi*
>>
>>46767881
It would be assumed that, if you are antagonizing with that perk line, you are not Big Brother but Emmanuel Goldstein.
>>
>>46767908
Oh. Huh, could've sworn there was another drawback (not the 600 CP) with that happening.

Looks good so far, otherwise.
>>
>>46767948
The -200 point drawback?
>>
>>46767881
Reviving the tree to grow a new fruit is ultimately the plot of the series. Also Mango Sharingan's are the edgy eyes, Rinnengans the bullshit god-eyes.
>>
>>46767875
>Wanting Haruhi to know that Jumpers exist.
You know this will end badly right?
>>
>>46767969
Nah, another. Just my eyes feeling tired, probably.

>>46767981
I thought they were both edgy since I vaguely remember the latter comes with some intense, eye-bleeding, constipation noise-inducing powerup sequences.

Either way, wrangling together some artificial leylines as a necrobotany focus and using the Alter of Spellmaking to develop some custom, indefinite Restoration spells seems like a much better solution than the risk of getting Zetsu'd.
>>
>>46768019
Could be a mandatory drawback that she not be allowed to find out, that possibly other drawbacks modify. Still though it would take a madman to make the jump in the first place, I can't imagine a good way to handle it. I can't even really figure out how to do it as a gauntlet.
>>
>>46767767
This is every bit as depressing and terrifying as I hoped it would be. I.... I'm not sure I want to go here.
>>
>>46768019
That's part pf why I don't want there to be a Haruhi jump. I do but I don't.
>>
File: fire_community.gif (961 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
fire_community.gif
961 KB, 245x250
>>46768019
>>46768091
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: CTduYeWXIAEnFZJ.jpg (37 KB, 573x274) Image search: [Google]
CTduYeWXIAEnFZJ.jpg
37 KB, 573x274
>>46768166
I'm sure it'll all work out great. They need a slider in the group after all.

Everything is fine.
>>
>>46767767
>CP cost to going Drop In
Crux, what are you doing. Crux, stahp.
>>
>>46768267
But anon, he's only charging you for something beneficial to you, and it may be easier to balance than providing cp for taking the other backgrounds.
>>
>>46768267
See, that's the thing. Drop-In is actually as big a deal here as getting Mango Sharkpedos is in Naruto.
>>
>>46767767
Well, this is depressing.

It's perfect.
>>
Speaking of magicka, in Elder Scrolls does it have a confirmed origin or is it all speculatory? Isn't it basically the left-behind life force of the Aedra? What kind of terrible consequences would kindling the First Flame in Dark Souls with a massive amount of it siphoned from the Eye of Magnus have?
>>
>>46768501
Magicka is energy from Aetherius that travels to Mundus from the stars and the sun. Past that it's just a vague mana thing that isn't actually clarified in how it functions. It is not really tied to the Aedra. As for your other question, I have no idea but suspect not much of any effect in the first place.
>>
>>46768554
Balls. There goes any hope of figuring out how it works

By not much of any effect, d'you mean it wouldn't kindle the fire in the first place or that it would just do about as well as a properly buffed Lordvessel? I was thinking of using it to supplement pyromancy empowered by Soulfire after collecting the pieces of Gwyn's soul, to do something like what the Witch of Izalith aimed for but refining the flame/spells to prevent demons spawning everywhere.
>>
>>46767767
>1984 pastebin
>your ration has been increased from thirty grams to twenty!
tfw "increased" from "thirty" to "twenty" is not a typo in that setting
>>
>>46767767
Why did I think this was The Order: 1886?
>>
>>46768599
The first flame needed souls, in particular the lord souls, magicka though isn't souls, it might possibly be energy of souls, but souls in TES are their own thing and are separate. As well what the Witch of Izalith did was cause her own soul to run out of control, if you do it with the Dark soul you spread the abyss, it isn't clear what would happen using Gwyns soul, but I would be certain it would be bad, though I am pretty sure, but it isn't really shown in the series, that if you do it with Nito's soul you produce skeleton wheels.
>>
File: blankstare.gif (823 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
blankstare.gif
823 KB, 500x343
>>46768725
Hmm. Alright then. Well, back to the drawing board since even with Darkhallow in tow, just relying on Soulfire or chakra alone seems like a bad idea. Like donating your bowels to save another man from prostate cancer.

Though I meant more-the Chosen Undead had to kill the other Lords because Gwyn split his soul among them, so when they were all kinda fused back together in the Lordvessel he was essentially fuelling it with Gwyn's OG lord soul, along with his own. Definitely not using the dark soul alone.

But yeah, options are limited at this point. Mainly because what a successfully Darkhallowed wizard actually is like is extremely vague, Blazblue magic would likely fuck things up even worse and even if it were possible to clone the chakra tree (which is a VERY big if even with the Geneforge), all it would do at best realistically is sorta siphon ambient souls to make the Age of Fire last a little longer than usual. Since, as I recall, it was revealed it was revealed it's the fruit that spreads out chakra through the populace, the tree itself only redistributes and condenses chakra and it needs a planetary populace's life energy to produce the fruit.

Thanks anyway. It was only our 100th jump, can't expect permanently fixing massive metaphysical problems to be that easy.
>>
>>46768680
Transformers question for you.
>>46766088
>>
File: sandwich.jpg (260 KB, 1400x1129) Image search: [Google]
sandwich.jpg
260 KB, 1400x1129
What Jump is your favourite in terms of the actual write-up? Whether it's presentation, design, balance, interesting perks, setting or whatever, which one leads the pack for you and why?

Pic related, food for thought
>>
>>46768884
Valley of the dinosaurs
>>
>>46768847
Well you collect the souls of the Witch of Izalith, and Nito, along with the bits that Gwyn handed out, and the kindling system Gwyn set up had been feeding it the dark soul the entire time. So you had to use all four lord souls to some degree.

However I really can't think of any ways to fix it that aren't Let's Put Our Hearts Together from Generic Sugar Bowl, which itself might not work even if it's only function is saving worlds. I will admit there may be more information that I am not aware of from DS3, but I'm not buying it until it goes down in price and is packaged with the coming dlc(because I don't have the money), and I haven't watched a complete play through of it yet.
>>
>>46768884
Of the ones I've actually gone through, which admittedly is only around a dozen, I think the Fallen London one may have been my favorite, I'm very familiar with the setting and the jump does a good job of capturing the feel without just copying directly from the source
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.