[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hellborn Quest 147
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 6
File: HellbornQuest.jpg (38 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
HellbornQuest.jpg
38 KB, 400x616
Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/rNg3Yw8m (pictures within) <--Brush up on this if you aren’t familiar with Sierra’s abilities.
Ask Languid Anything: ask.fm/HellbornQM

You are Sierra Beckhoff, and you must confront Anatu-allatu, daughter of Ushologuissa the wrymwrither. With information from Nabuth’shazzar and the help of the Pallid Mask, the heiress has taken San Francisco’s magister hostage – who, not coincidentally, is also your boyfriend’s father.

If you do not face Anatu on Alcatraz come sundown, she’ll kill him. The alternative is attacking her base in Fimbria to rescue Crowther, but if she’s expecting you, there’s a chance even you might not be able to escape her trap.

Complicating things is the involvement of the Yellow King, a landmaster from the depths of the ocean. Fearing for the safety of the city, Isaac’s calling in the big guns to head off his territorial ambitions. With a team of government operatives coming to town, your dad might be too preoccupied to help out with this one.

You have all hands on deck. A misstep here could get people killed. Whatever you plan to do, you’d better choose carefully.

---

Sitting in your living room, you’ve got half the conclave on skype, and the other half in the room with you, as well as the Hallows. Borislav is absent, but you’re not surprised. He’s probably got crappy internet out in Muir Woods where he works.

“We need a second strategy to get the Magister back, one without me,” says Isaac.
>>
>>46760275

“We can’t be sure repelling Hassatur and rescuing Deletrius will be one in the same mission. I’m open to suggestions.”

You’ve got a few suggestions to suggest.

>Alcatraz is too much of a trap. Hassatur’s going to use Crowther as bait – get us all on a dinky little island surrounded by water. We have to go on the offensive. Hit Anatu in the mirror world.
>What if we snuck over to the island early? Get everything ready before Anatu does, set up a trap in her trap. Trapception.
>I say if Anatu’s got an ancient angry landmaster on her side, we get one of our own. Ossifera wants beachfront property. How about I contact her and put her right where Hassatur wants to come ashore?
>This is bigger than us. I know you’re calling supernatural SWAT, but will that be enough? Shouldn’t you tell the national guard to mobilize or something? Guns kill demons okay most of the time.
>I know a Canadian dude who knows how to flip Pallid Mask the bird. He wouldn’t like Hassatur coming up on land any more than we do. I can call him, get him to come down here and lend a hand.
>Other (?)
>>
>>46760290
>>I know a Canadian dude who knows how to flip Pallid Mask the bird. He wouldn’t like Hassatur coming up on land any more than we do. I can call him, get him to come down here and lend a hand.
>>
>>46760290
>I know a Canadian dude who knows how to flip Pallid Mask the bird. He wouldn’t like Hassatur coming up on land any more than we do. I can call him, get him to come down here and lend a hand.

>What if we snuck over to the island early? Get everything ready before Anatu does, set up a trap in her trap. Trapception

I say the second trap should be a bunch of explosives and thermite, and we shadow-walk away. Maybe place some walls or something to make sure there are accessible shadows.
>>
>>46760275

>What if we snuck over to the island early? Get everything ready before Anatu does, set up a trap in her trap. Trapception.
>>
>>46760290
>>I know a Canadian dude who knows how to flip Pallid Mask the bird. He wouldn’t like Hassatur coming up on land any more than we do. I can call him, get him to come down here and lend a hand.
>Split our forces into two groups, have Ranthix lead a raid on the mirror world while we deal with ALcatraz
>>
>>46760369
What would the thermite do? the stuff isn't exactly explosive. just hot, very, very hot.
>>
>>46760275
>>What if we snuck over to the island early? Get everything ready before Anatu does, set up a trap in her trap. Trapception.
>>I say if Anatu’s got an ancient angry landmaster on her side, we get one of our own. Ossifera wants beachfront property. How about I contact her and put her right where Hassatur wants to come ashore?
Might as well try to get more hands on deck. Best case scenario, Hassatur and Ossifera gank one another.
>>
>>46760290
>>I say if Anatu’s got an ancient angry landmaster on her side, we get one of our own. Ossifera wants beachfront property. How about I contact her and put her right where Hassatur wants to come ashore?
>>
>>46760290
>Other (?)
"I got a flusterin that I found in my nazi dad's stuff. Maybe that will pin point Mr Crowther's location and give us a better idea about what to do."
>>
>>46760415
Perhaps use it to cut structural members in a building they are in? Maybe figure out a way to let it bukakke them with molten iron?
>>
>>46760275
Languid are you willing to allow bad end?
>>
One thing we definitely want to bring is Dad's rifle + scope. Glamour-piercing when fucking up the illusion demons? Yes please!
>>
>>46760468
The former would be a lot easier than the latter.
>>
>>46760480
I seem to recall him mentioning considering having Sierra commit suicide after Halloween, so I'm going to say yes.
>>
>>46760548
...why would sierra have killed herself?
>>
>>46760548
What? Why? Halloween wasn't that bad was it?
>>
>>46760573
>>46760572
Dude. We took on the demon general. Told Isaac to take him down instead of assisting us. Then we flipped out in the middle of a residential district. A lot of civvies died.
>>
>>46760480

Don't do deliberately stupid things to attempt to initiate 'bad end'. I hate it when people don't make decisions with genuine intent.

There are enough real risks in the story without having to resort to artificial difficulty imposed by players who don't take the quest seriously.
>>
>>46760606
Oh that. I was thinking the halloween party.

I assumed she was going to go insane and back to the streets. Or that Issac was going to put her down.
>>
>>46760606
oh that happened on halloween. I didn't remember them as the same event.
>>
>>46760290
>I say if Anatu’s got an ancient angry landmaster on her side, we get one of our own. Ossifera wants beachfront property. How about I contact her and put her right where Hassatur wants to come ashore?
>>
Why are people voting to involve Ossifera? She's a profoundly selfish dragon who would turn on Sierra the second she thought she could get away with it.
Bringing her to San Fran would cause more problems than it solves.
>>
>>46760290
>Alcatraz is too much of a trap. Hassatur’s going to use Crowther as bait – get us all on a dinky little island surrounded by water. We have to go on the offensive. Hit Anatu in the mirror world.
I wanna meet the goblin king
>>
File: 1409790976360.png (173 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
1409790976360.png
173 KB, 1000x700
Can't copy paste on this cheap chinese phone but i vote canada.

Also, number of things since this is the rare occasion that i catch a live thread during my nightshift.

What do people think is the likelyhood of nazi dad killing angel dad's dad, then getting killed by angel dad? Also, i'm pretty sure the yellow bastard probably killed mum and nev.

Btw, people keep mentioning needing a bigger gun. How about an NTW-20? Even ranthix would be in trouble if you level something like that in his direction and i'm pretty it could even hurt ossi. It's literally the sniper rifle from halo, but it does weight about 30kg, so it would require demon strenght to be hand wielded. It's made to wreck vehicles and aircraft.
>>
File: the horns.jpg (334 KB, 3644x1672) Image search: [Google]
the horns.jpg
334 KB, 3644x1672
>>46760848
>NTW-20

Well, I think the Bulldog that was suggested before, while lesser in firepower, would be much more generally useful. First of all Sierra isn't that great a markswoman. Better than most, but you'd need someone who has trained for years and excels with firearms to practically deploy that. Furthermore, it isn't always just about the caliber of the bullet. The Bulldog can fire sabot tungsten armor piercing rounds, which can pierce armored light vehicles. Lastly, the size. That thing is gonna take up all her strength to carry around, and I don't even want to think about the rig she'd need to carry magazines for it. Bulldog takes 7.62 magazines, is a compact bullpup measuring 4 inches more than her current MP5, and doesn't weight 30kg. It's no contest.
>>
>>46760290 Why Hellborn always happens when I am on a crappy phone? C'mon teacher finish the class already!

I vote Canadian cavalry plus trapception combo. With large fries please.
>>
“I say if Anatu’s got an ancient angry landmaster on her side, we get one of our own,” you say. And from your recent adventures across the continental United States, you know of one in particular. “Ossifera wants beachfront property. How about I contact her and put her right where Hassatur wants to come ashore?”

Rowan nods. “Now that’s an idea. Get our enemies fight each other.”

You feel an intense knot of displeasure from Isaac. “We’re not bringing a megalomaniac dragon to the city,” he says, quickly putting his foot down on the plan. “There’s no guarantee she wouldn’t turn on us and side with Hassatur, or sit on the sidelines until somebody came out on top. And even if she did get into a fight with the Yellow King, the battle could destroy half the city.”

Paranormal MAD. Tornado dragon versus king kaiju apocalypse showdown. “Cool.”

Cass sighs. “No Sierra, not cool.”

You scoff. Some people you guess just don’t appreciate the finer things in life. “Okay whatever. But fish guy is still a landmaster. I’d like to get another one on our side, whoever it is.”

“What about Roger?” asks Rowan.

“Well, duh, yeah I was getting to that,” you say. “There’s this Canadian dude who knows how to flip Pallid Mask the bird. He wouldn’t like fish face coming up on land any more than we do. I can call him, summon him down here to lend a hand.”
>>
>>46760415
That's why I said explosives AND thermite.
>>
>>46761269

On the screen, Moriah considers the plan. “He did offer to help with Pallid Mask if we ran into him again.”

“So he did,” says Xan, narrowing her eyes and scratching her cheek with a claw.

Isaac becomes suspicious. “Why does this boy have so much experience in dealing with the Pallid Mask? Who is he, exactly?”

You, Ro, Mori, and Xan all glance awkwardly at one another for a moment. The one thing Roger made abundantly clear was that he didn’t want Isaac ‘The Butcher’ Hallow knowing anything about his Starspawn heritage.

>Leave explanations for those who lie more convincingly than you.
>I don’t know, I didn’t ask.
>He’s Roger. We said it like, two second ago. Geeze, didn’t realize your memory was fading so fast, Old Man Isaac.
>Okay, look. I can’t tell you. But I can tell you he knows his stuff, and he doesn’t get along with the Yellow King.
> I’ll tell you, but only if you promise not to freak out or launch an investigation or anything dumb like that first.
>Somebody we can vouch for. Seriously, he’s cool. He can help us.
>So uh. I'm about 77% sure he's the son of a Cthulu. But he's Canadian, so that mean's he's like, I don't know, too sorry to end the world or whatever.
>Other (?)
>>
>>46761339
>>Somebody we can vouch for. Seriously, he’s cool. He can help us.
>>
>>46761339
>>Okay, look. I can’t tell you. But I can tell you he knows his stuff, and he doesn’t get along with the Yellow King.
>>He's not like, a mega demon or anything. He has a mom who he takes care of and cooks for. He's really responsible and stuff to. He helped me out when I got lost trying to get back to this dimension after our medieval LARP fair.
>>
>>46761339
>He’s Roger. We said it like, two second ago. Geeze, didn’t realize your memory was fading so fast, Old Man Isaac.
>>He's not like, a mega demon or anything. He has a mom who he takes care of and cooks for. He's really responsible and stuff to. He helped me out when I got lost trying to get back to this dimension after our medieval LARP fair.
>>
>>46761339
>>46761369
This sounds Sierra-ey enough. Seconding. Also, are we sure we don't have enough time to grab a tank or two from the Sierra Army Depot? They've got tanks for days. It has our name on it!
>>
>>46761339
>>
>>46761369
>>46761380
We might be able to get dragon-bro to help as well.
>>
>>46761339
>Okay, look. I can’t tell you. But I can tell you he knows his stuff, and he doesn’t get along
with the Yellow King.
>Hassatur's been trying to take his landwells too.
>>
>>46761410
Oh right, stoner dragon exists.
>>
>>46761339
>Okay, look. I can’t tell you. But I can tell you he knows his stuff, and he doesn’t get along with the Yellow King. But he's Canadian, so that mean's he's like, I don't know, too sorry to end the world or whatever.

> We've worked together before and he's had my back. And he shared his deets with us because he trusts us. I also trust him. You know how I feel about trusting people. But I can guarantee he's on humanities side and DEFINITELY hates the YK.
>>
File: 1442086729482.jpg (97 KB, 649x650) Image search: [Google]
1442086729482.jpg
97 KB, 649x650
>>46761339
>So uh. I'm about 77% sure he's the son of a Cthulu. But he's Canadian, so that mean's he's like, I don't know, too sorry to end the world or whatever.

This isn't a vote, I just find this hilarious.
>>
>>46761339

Pretty cool dude. His buddies a dragon even!(don't actually share that part)
>>
>>46761339
>>
>>46761339

No breaking promises.
>>
>>46761380
This.
>>
testing to see if threads dead
>>
>>46762627
Languid's not a fast quest OP, still enjoy the thread regardless.
>>
>>46762670
Could be some weedeating. He is known to be kidnapped by the lawn for hours on end.
>>
But there’s more to a person than whoever it is that birthed them.

“He’s Roger,” you remind your dad. “We said it like, two second ago. Geeze, didn’t realize your memory was fading so fast, Old Man Isaac.”

Isaac wrinkles his nose at the phrase. “Please don’t to me talk like that.”

Sheepishly, you rub the back of your neck. “Sorry. But I mean, he’s not like a ultra demon or anything like that. He’s got a mom, he watches out for her. He’s a way better person than... some people. And he helped me out when I got lost after doing that thing with Ro and Freddy, so hey.”

“He’s cool, Dad,” says Rowan. “You don’t need to get all Cold War all the time.”

“What? I am not getting ‘all Cold War,’” Isaac protests. “What does that even mean?”

You’re in no mood to sit through an Isaac/Rowan sparring match while everybody in the conclave sits around watching. “Point is,” you say, dragging everyone back on topic, “Roger’s somebody we can vouch for. Seriously. He can help us.”

That’s all Cassandra needs to hear. “After this, you call him down,” she says, squeezing Isaac’s shoulder. Reluctantly, he eases off and relaxes a bit. “I’m sure we could use the help.”

Ulam’uberatu taps a bony finger on the web cam to get everyone’s attention. “We still have not yet addressed Crowther’s predicament,” says the cleric. “Perhaps we should first attempt the word of the Taintless before seeking retribution. If we perceived the thoughts of Anatu-allatu’s heart, we could slake her thirst for mastery without an unnecessary letting of blood.”

“Anatu’s true motive is seizing rule of this fief and subjugating all within it,” says Waldric. “She will not be satisfied with anything short of our utter submission. It goes without saying that neither the marshal, nor Sierra, nor I am able to afford such weakness.”

Ranthix scowls at the Baron’s decree, and leans over in your direction. “BEWARE A COURT RAT’S APPEALS TO DIGNITY, SPAWNLING,” he warns.
>>
>>46762760

“Now’s really not the time, guys,” you say, short on patience.

“Ulam’s right,” says Wolf, his expression set with resolve. “We should try negotiating. Anatu might be threatening us, but the only reason we’re at this point at all is because they assume there’s no middle-ground.” He lets this sink in for a second. “Ushola’s people are all Belititans. Sierra’s the daughter of the Imperiate. They should be revering her as a god. If they didn’t understand what we’re trying to accomplish here, it would explain their antagonism.”

The argument surprises you. “They kidnapped your dad,” you remind him. “They’re pretty much terrorists. You don’t negotiate with terrorists.”

“We can’t risk putting more people in danger than are already,” says Isaac. “If Anatu wanted a peaceful solution, she could have contacted us at any time. We have to stay focused, come up with solutions that focus on the realities of the situation.”
>>
>>46762780

Xathix speaks up, which is somewhat rare for him. He’s a pretty reserved guy, most of the time. “The reality is that the Magister is in peril,” he says, looking to you. “Give the word and your Thul’tal will fall upon Anatu in her place of strength, and retrieve Crowther whole.”

That’s one way of dealing with things.

>Let’s hold off plans until after I get Roger on the line. Once he’s down here, we’ll decide how we’re getting Crowther back.
>No. Our best bet is playing along with Anatu’s conditions. If I can do this myself, then let me do it. If things start turning sour, well, this is our town. That’s when the cavalry will come in. We’ll trapception the hell out of her trap ahead of time.
>Nobody’s falling on any places of strength on my watch. At least not without me. I’ve gone down there before, and I think I might have an idea of where they’re holding him. We could end this whole thing before it ever began.
>Actually, that might be an idea. They’ve been using the mirror world to go back and forth, right? Well, when they come to Alcatraz to meet up with me, we could have somebody come around through the back, through Fimbria on the other side. We’ll have them outflanked and surrounded.
>Hey Moriah. Is there any chance we could use the Flustirin to figure out how to outsmart Anatu?
>Wait. I mean. Are they terrorists though? I mean, can we try talking this out? Nabuth was trying to tell me something about that earlier.
>Other (?)
>>
>>46762760
>“Please don’t to me talk like that.”
Did Isaac turn into Yoda?
>>
>>46762826
>>Wait. I mean. Are they terrorists though? I mean, can we try talking this out? Nabuth was trying to tell me something about that earlier.
They're probably more cultists than terrorists. We don't know a lot about Halth culture, but maybe they kidnapped Wolf's dad to force a confirmation on who's Imperiate or not? Maybe it means that they wouldn't ambush us as soon as we walked in. Still a terrible risky bet, though.
>>
>>46762826
>Let’s hold off plans until after I get Roger on the line. Once he’s down here, we’ll decide how we’re getting Crowther back.
>>
>>46762858

Sometimes a typo is just a typo.
>>
>>46762826
>No. Our best bet is playing along with Anatu’s conditions. If I can do this myself, then let me do it. If things start turning sour, well, this is our town. That’s when the cavalry will come in. We’ll trapception the hell out of her trap ahead of time.
>>
>>46762826
>>No. Our best bet is playing along with Anatu’s conditions. If I can do this myself, then let me do it. If things start turning sour, well, this is our town. That’s when the cavalry will come in. We’ll trapception the hell out of her trap ahead of time.
>>
File: 1460752868293.gif (298 KB, 325x720) Image search: [Google]
1460752868293.gif
298 KB, 325x720
>>46762826
>the Flustirin
>>
>>46763149

It's that palantir thing you got from David's secret hideout.
>>
>>46762826
Ask about using the flusterin. We're on a schedule.
>>
>>46762826
>other
It looks to me all they care about is making money. Are there any financial opportunities in the fief that don't involve chop shops they'd be happy with in return for providing protection?
>>
>>46762826
>Hey Moriah. Is there any chance we could use the Flustirin to figure out how to outsmart Anatu?
>>
>>46763341
Why would they not issue a ransom demand, if they were just interested in money?
>>
>>46762826
>>
>>46762826
>Wait. I mean. Are they terrorists though? I mean, can we try talking this out? Nabuth was trying to tell me something about that earlier.

> At the very least, there might not be as much unity in her forces as she would like us to think. It might explain the duel as opposed to any other plans.

> She was able to gang the magistrate. Why not just come for me directly? I can't imagine that Crowther was less protected than me. Not to mention the possible fallout extends far past just my conclave with Crowther.

> It's just, this is kind of a weird ass way to go about things.
>>
>>46762826
>>
>>46762826
>>
“No. Our best bet is playing along with Anatu’s conditions,” you say, addressing Xath, Xan, and Ranthix. “If I can do this myself, then let me do it. If things start turning sour, well, this is our town. That’s when you guys come in. Plus,” you add, “we’ll trapception the hell out of her trap ahead of time.”

“Trapception?” asks Xath.

“Inception,” says Xan. “Remember?”

Understanding dawns on Xathix’s face. “We must go deeper.”

Your dad gives Ranthix a hard look. “Your people can handle getting Crowther with Sierra?”

“DOUBT NOT, DREAD NOT,” he replies. “PREPARATIONS BEGIN AT ONCE.”

Waldric nods. “Good. Let’s have this resolved before night’s end,” he says. “Call me if there are any more developments.”

“Remember, we could call this whole thing off if Alcatraz is the Yellow King’s point of impact,” Isaac reminds everyone. “I don’t want to risk DOE people getting eyes on anyone here. Do I make myself clear?”

“WE WILL BE AS THE SHADOWS,” Ranthix promises. “SEE TO IT SIERRA’S CITY IS NOT TAKEN BY THIS YELLOW KING.”

Isaac does not smile. “He’s not taking anything today.”

---

Rain lashes down from above, an uncharacteristic thunderstorm darkening the sky.

You’re riding shotgun in Ranthix’s yellow hummer. The wipers work furiously to clear the windshield.

“I DISTRUST THIS WEATHER,” Ranthix declares.

You have to agree. It was clear skies just a few hours ago, and now you have Hurricane Hassatur busting down the door. Lightning strikes again through the air.

“It was like this last time he tried to make it onto land,” says Rowan, in the back.

Harvey keeps Reeber secure lying over his lap. “Hope the ferry out to Alcatraz is still running,” he says, peering out the window. Outside, trees snap to and fro in the hard wind. Battered pedestrians with umbrellas struggle against the torrential downpour.

Xanissil turns her attention away from pulling at Reeber’s horns. “When is Roger’s arrival?”
>>
>>46764026

“We have to meet up in Canada before I take him back here,” you reply, dialing Moriah’s number in your phone. “So technically no sooner than when I get up to my well. I mean, he might be there already for all I know.”

Ranthix takes the next turn without slowing down. You brace yourself, eyes fixed on the road as you swerve around onto the desolate street heading up to the peak of San Bruno. The Thultal is more concerned with speed than following every law of the road.

You hit call, and wait for Mori to pick up. You have something you wanted to ask her without second guessing from Isaac or Cass.

“What is it?” asks Moriah, on the other end.

“There any chance we could use the Flustirin to figure out Anatu’s plans?” you ask. “Or the Yellow King’s plans, I guess. Anything we can do to get an edge on them?”

There’s a pause. “Do you have it with you?” she asks.

You glance back. The rear of the hummer is piled with firearms, explosives, and magic weaponry of all types. “I might’ve brought it along, just in case,” you say.

“It won’t be as friendly as the shadows are,” she says.

“So? Can I use it?”

“A flustirin technically knows anything you want it to,” Moriah replies. “Just... be careful. I don’t know how they work, but I know it’s give and take. It’s a tool. Any tool can be dangerous when you don’t use it properly.”
>>
>>46764057

“I’ll keep that in mind,” you reply. If you do decide to use the flustirin, you’ll have to keep on your toes.

“Oh. And Sierra?”

“What?”

“Wolfgang wants to go to Alcatraz with you, to make sure you and father get out all right,” she says. “He’s worried something will go wrong.”

Wolfgang, there? You don’t know if that’s something you’re okay with. Though he did do fine when you were saving Lucifer from Axos.

>Well, tell him to stop worrying. We’ve got this handled.
>Nothing will go wrong, Mori. And if it does, it won’t be for us.
>He’s an adult. He can make his own decisions. He wants to be there, I won’t tell him no.
>Well, that saves me the trouble of asking him then. It’ll be nice having a quick way out.
>Maybe he can help with the setup, and maybe he can help with getting your father out, but it’s a bad idea to stick around for the duel and the after party.
>Other (?)
>>
>>46764089
>Maybe he can help with the setup, and maybe he can help with getting your father out, but it’s a bad idea to stick around for the duel and the after party.
True no? also if we use the flustirin don't we have to be really careful if we ask about old yeller?
>>
>>46764089
>>Well, that saves me the trouble of asking him then. It’ll be nice having a quick way out.
>>
>>46764089
>>Well, that saves me the trouble of asking him then. It’ll be nice having a quick way out.

Do you have the skills to hang with your Imperiate girlfriend?
>>
>>46764026
>“Trapception?” asks Xath.
>“Inception,” says Xan. “Remember?”
>Understanding dawns on Xathix’s face. “We must go deeper.”
God I love them.
>>
>>46764142
My little Thul’tal can't possibly be this cute.
>>
>>46764089
>>
>>46764089
>Well, that saves me the trouble of asking him then. It’ll be nice having a quick way out.
>>
>>46764188
Xath for backup boyfriend 2K16.
>>
>>46764026
>DOE people
What?
>>
>>46764261
The famjams government employer thing. I forgot the full name.
>>
>>46764250
well, he is fire and knife resistant...but nay.
>>
>>46764328
You don't have to be so self-righteous anon, a girl can still look. Mmm, think about that hard skin..
>>
>>46764348
It's not self righteous, it's just the concept of a fallback partner is kind of mean.
>>
>>46764368
I suppose that's fair, we're pretty close to Wolfgang right now.
>>
>>46764400
Even if we weren't as close it would still be pretty rude.though he really needs to work on that ring, and something to make him less...cuttable.
>>
>>46764089
>>Maybe he can help with the setup, and maybe he can help with getting your father out, but it’s a bad idea to stick around for the duel and the after party.
Teleport powers are awesome for situations like this.
>>
In other news, rabies can make you scared of water in its end (fatal and untreatable) stages. Maybe Sierra should cut back on the raw meat.
>>
>>46764522
Sierra is not scared of water. She takes showers, drinks normally and have no problem around pools. She is scared of drowning.

Because honestly, anything that killed her mother and sister will be just as good at killing her, ain't it.
>>
>>46764522
>Implying that Sierra can't handle a little disease

She's immortal you fool! Long live the Imperiate!
>>
>>46764598
yeah true, rabies hydrophobia makes you terrified of a glass of water, not just large bodies.
>>
>>46764613
Immortal in what way?
Because I love Ranthix, but I think he was telling a half truth on that one.
>>
>>46764702
YOU DOUBT THE POWER OF THE IMPERIATE? THE ONLY WAY FOR AN IMPERIATE TO PASS IS ONLY IF SHE WILLS IT.
>>
>>46764702
Issac and bearman said it as well.
>>
>>46764752
Yet, Mom and Nev drowned on a fucking boat trip. Great Red himself said he had no clue as to why or how that came to be.

We don't know enough about that. I will quote Xathix here and say "we must go deeper."
>>
>>46764770
I remember Ranthix saying it, but I don't remember Isaac and Borislav saying it. at all.
>>
>>46764826
I'ma say "Mum knew she was fucked and either Nevada was already dead or we were closer to the exit and she was capable of pragmatism in times of significant strife."

Wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to save us both, got us safe first, and then died before she could save Nev.
>>
>>46764826
I refuse to believe that Nev is dead until we see her skeleton and or spirit.
I wholeheartedly believe that it may have been a situation where momma gave her life to protect the girls from a hostage situation of some type.
>>
>>46764885
Well, we felt the residual magic from two bodies at the gravestones, so...

I will say that I still hold to the "Mom merged our souls" idea, and point out that we /still/ haven't said Nydalis like we did Sakheris that one time when we made the building shake.
>>
“Well, that saves me the trouble of asking him then. It’ll be nice having a quick way out,” you say. “Maybe he can help with the setup, and maybe he can zap your father to safety. Though it’d be a bad idea to stick around for the duel and the after party.”

You can feel the hesitation in Moriah’s voice. “Be smart. You haven’t faced an opponent like Anatu before.”

You snort. “I faced Meckor,” you point out.

“I know,” she says flatly.

Oh. Right. People died. You almost died.

“Don’t stay around to finish a fight you’re not winning,” Mori tells you.

You hope that’s not something you have to worry about.

--

You zap back through the portal with Roger and Nemo in tow.

You appear on the grey, rain-soaked clearing where you slaughtered Philostrathus once upon a time. Your feet immediately sink into the mud. Cold, briny wind whips past, cutting through to the bone and causing you to shiver.

The two Canadians remove their hands from your shoulders now that they’ve completed the journey.

Up on the hill not too far away, a few dim figures stand in the rain in front of the hummer, waiting for your return.

Nemo wipes his stringy hair form his eyes, and embraces the thunderstorm, his ugly beanie soaking in water like a sponge. “Dude, you didn’t mention it was monsoon season,” he says, basking in the sheets of storming rain.
>>
>>46765012
Well shoot that sounds like something we could check out to solve that real quick.
I can't think of a reasoning to do it in character though.
Sierra has no reason to think that really unless its somehow involved with the fear of scissors.
That particular fear hasn't been explored much has it?
>>
>>46765029

“No, but she did mention the Yellow King was making landfall here,” says Roger, his tone grim. Unlike his t-shirt, shorts, and sandals wearing companion, Roger is dressed in a tough jacket, rugged hiking boots, and a black baseball cap pulled low over his murky eyes.

Nemo elbows his friend and landlord. “Yeah man, that’s why we’re here, remember?”

“Where is it happening?” Roger asks, ignoring his buddy and turning to you. “The more time we have there before he arrives, the easier this will be.”

>Alcatraz. I think he wants to corner everyone on the island.
>I know you’re not going to like it, but I think Isaac’s the one you’ll want to talk to about this.
>He needs a landwell, right? He told me to get out of the city. Maybe it’s possible he’s coming here.
>Don’t know yet, but I got a way to find out. (Consult flustirin)
>Isaac's got a whole SOARD team up on tackling Old Yeller. But he might do a two-pronged attack on our hostage rescue thing. We need you with us if that happens.
>Other (?)
>>
>>46765057
It really hasn't, and I really want to know.
>>
>>46765070
>>I know you’re not going to like it, but I think Isaac’s the one you’ll want to talk to about this.
>>
>>46765070
>I know you’re not going to like it, but I think Isaac’s the one you’ll want to talk to about this.
>>
>>46765070
>>
>>46765057
No, the last time it really came up we were still in survival mode I think.
>>
>>46765070
>>I know you’re not going to like it, but I think Isaac’s the one you’ll want to talk to about this.
>>
>>46765070
Honestly he can talk about how to fight this guy a lot better than Sierra.
>>
>>46765070
>He needs a landwell, right? He told me to get out of the city. Maybe it’s possible he’s coming here.
>Either that or he's planning a hit on all parties, at Alcatraz. Either or, really.
>>
>>46764845
>but I don't remember Isaac and Borislav saying it. at all.
> I don't remember
Ok.
>>
If it turns out that Sierra just had a bad scissor accident when she was like four giving validation to the "don't run when your carrying scissors" I will give a hearty chuckle. Even better if they were safety scissors.
>>
>>46764250
> Not wanting the G.O.O.D.

> Great Old One Dick.
>>
>>46765684
I mean, just looking at one could make you lose your sanity, so no, I don't want it.
>>
>>46765679
But what could have happened?
>>
File: 43635634643.png (249 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
43635634643.png
249 KB, 640x360
>>46765751
>>
You frown. You really don’t want to do this, but you’re not the expert on water monsters. “I know you’re not going to like it, but I think Isaac’s the one you’ll want to talk to about this,” you say.

Roger’s expression tenses, and you feel a ping of uneasiness in his aura. “No, I’m - I’m pretty sure you’re the one I want to talk to about this,” he replies.

“Look. Honestly, I don’t know where yellow face is landing,” you say. “All I know is that it’s a bad deal for everybody involved if he does. Maybe you’re afraid of Isaac. Maybe you have good reasons. Frankly I don’t really care. Everything he does, he does to help people.”

Your intensity takes Roger off guard.

You jab your finger into his chest, pushing your point through. “He acts tough, but this crap with Hassatur, he’s worried, all right? He’s pressed the red button, called up the militia, but in the end it’s all going to come down to him and his crossbow, cause nobody’s done this before except him. And he’s not going to back off from this. He’ll see it through.”

“I know that,” Roger argues. “I’m just-”

You scowl and push off of him. “He’s my dad. You said you’d help me. So help me and make sure he doesn’t... you just do your thing, all right? I vouched for you. And Isaac will have your back. Between the two of you you’ll be fine.”

“Don’t worry, we can keep an eye on your dad for you,” Nemo promises.

Roger pushes his friend out of the way, annoyed. “What about you?” he asks, glancing up at the hummer in the distance. “Where are you going to be through all this?”
>>
>>46765994

“Things are complicated,” you say. “A bunch of Stygians kidnapped the Magister. Basically I have to be someplace else, doing something else. It’s connected to Old Yeller’s deal. If I don’t show, they’ll kill him. We needed backup came down to you and Ossifera, and dad hates Ossifera, so I called you.”

He’s horrified. “You were going to call Ossifera to help with this?”

“I bet Ossifera could whip Old Yeller into shape,” says Nemo, smiling.

Roger gives his friend a ‘oh no, not you too’ kind of look, but then shakes his head and turns back to you. “Look, okay, I get it. I’ve been there. You could’ve told me this a little earlier, though.”

You scoff. “Didn’t know if you’d say no. Now I know. Next time, phone it is.”

“As much fun as it is coming all the way down here, let’s hope there isn’t a next time,” Roger replies. “Where’s your dad?”

“Back at the house. We’ll take you to him.”

You head back up to the truck together. Ranthix sees you coming, and gets the engine started. After you get Roger squared away with Isaac, it’s off to Alcatraz to plant explosives. You wonder how many laws you’d be breaking by wiring a historic landmark with C4. However many it is though, you’re sure your parents can clear the details up if anybody complains.

--End Part 147--
>>
>>46766033
Thanks for running Languid! The build up is getting intense. Have a good one!
>>
Thanks for dropping in and participating. Next thread on Wednesday sometime. Check Twitter a bit closer to the day for details.
>>
>>46766064
Thanks for running.
>>
>>46766064
thanks for running lawnmower man
>>
I just had a pretty great idea, I think. A quick google search on research architectural developments on Alcatraz reveals they've implemented a solar microgrid electric system. You might be saying, but Anon! It's storming! Well, the system has redundancies set in place because of how storms knocked out the power system out before. The master controller systems can turn on its backup diesel generators when Solar energy isn't suitable. I assume that same system will be on since there's a heavy storm. If we rumble, we should hypothetically be able to use our lightning immunity and the conductive nature of our shadows to flash fry anything. The microgrid runs throughout the island. They'll be our jack in points for lightning bolts whenever we need them.

http://microgridknowledge.com/alcatraz-microgrid-life-rock-easy-even-microgrid/
>>
>>46766134
>>46766064
Huh. What do you think boss?
>>
>>46766134
Damn good idea. But I don't think it's something Sierra would come up on her own. One of the most prep orientated or technologically aware characters might though, like Cassandra, Harvey, or Moriah.
>>
>>46766134
Sierra would be more likely to try and go full lightning rod somehow.

Maybe we can use the rain to get everything and everyone wet and then shock them with zelathis?
>>
>>46766214
Zelathis, in lightning mode, isn't very discrete. Neither would calling down bolts of lightning. Sierra's shadows have conductive properties, and if we lure our targets near the Microgrid, we can hit them quick and, most importantly, stealthily.
>>
>>46766268
Yeah. But I'm talking about what Sierra would do. She isn't really a tech person. Have you read her texts?
>>
>>46766134
Fookin brilliant m8. Full support to go Thor on their demonic butts.
>>
>>46766033
Thanks for running
>>
I hope Wolf has managed to upgrade his heat resistance ring in case he gets in trouble and we up having to blast things in his vicinity with extreme amounts of fire .
>>
>>46760626
>taking quests seriously
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.