[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some rules-lite systems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: 2947356293.jpg (81 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
2947356293.jpg
81 KB, 400x300
I'm looking for some rules-lite systems that I can introduce my players to for one-shots. Something that can still be played while inebriated is a plus.

I've played Night Shift which was a big success but I'd like to try out different goofy settings. As a follow up, what was the most fun setting you've ever played? I'm looking for ideas.
>>
>>46756191
Everyone is John and Fiasco are my usual for fun, drunk one-offs.
>>
In return, I can post a storytime of Night Shift if anyone is interested, though I am no writefag
>>
>>46756264
Isn't Everyone is John kinda competitive though? Like you tally up points and stuff and there's a winner?
>>
>>46756352
It is, but players never really end up directly in conflict with each other.
>>
>>46756267
night shift storytime is always the tits
the setting was born to win
>>
>>46756757
Aight, I'll give it a go. This was an unusual night shift game. Since it was only a one shot I wanted to get the most out of it, so they ended up encountering a lot of nonsense
>>
Located in parts unknown in the middle of the mojave desert is a little gas station known as the Stop N Gas.
At night, there are only two employees. Tonight, the register was to be manned by Shane, a highschool kid who just wants to get through another night without hassle. And then there was Alejandro, the quintessential illegal immigrant complete with exaggeratedly large mustache, who would be working as both the stock clerk and gas attendant.
Our story begins as Shane and Alejandro leave the bus, passing the all too cheerful and smug day shift. This would be the last bus to arrive until morning. As Shane gets to his register he finds a note that reads: "Dear night shift please activate the new security system we have had installed, thank you.
PS. We are out of Marlboro Slims"
>>
>>46757138
Shane notices for the first time that there is a small metal canister attached to the ceiling above the register and decides this must be the security system in question. Shane just shrugs and decides to not activate it or let Alejandro know. Meanwhile, Alejandro makes his rounds of the place, seeing what needs restocking when -dinlelingdingding- the first patron of the night arrives. Looking over, they witness an absolute behemoth trundling over to the back of the store, this man must be over 500 pounds. It is clear that he is shuffling straight towards the bathroom in the back despite the sign that reads customers only on the door. Deciding they don't get paid enough to intervene, both employees go about their business as the man shifts his bulk into the small restroom.
>>
keep going anon friend
>>
>>46757275
After completing his rounds, Alejandro goes to the back to grab the items which need restocking as Shane anxiously awaits the next customer, hoping they dont ask for slims. . While restocking -dinglingdingding- two scantily clad and fairly attractive women enter the store. They head straight to the counter and ask Shane for 2 packs of Marlboro slims. Shane tells them they're all out, but that he can look in the back for some. After a short search he manages to find a grimy, water damaged, and a little moldy box of what are, as he guesses, marlboro slims. He wipes it off as best he can with his shirt sleeve, and then steps out and hands the ladies their slims. They pay in exact change, thank Shane, and then ask "Hey, who's that cutie in the back?" as they gesture towards Alejandro. Shane just mumbles awkwardly and incoherently as the girls approach Alejandro, who is busy restocking the shelves. They start flirting with him, telling him how handsome he is, playfully touching his arm and shoulder. Alejandro is so taken aback that he just freezes as they get closer and more friendly by the minute. One grabs his uniform and kisses him, but the other looks at her watch, notices what time it is and that they need to get going. They quickly exit the store leaving Alejandro shocked, dumbfounded, and at full mast.
>>
File: 1001nights.jpg (27 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1001nights.jpg
27 KB, 300x360
>>46756191
Dread
Don't Rest Your Head
Monsters and Other Childish Things
Everyone if John
Lasers and Feeling
Cthulhu Dark
Fiasco
>>
>>46757521
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check em out

>>46757514
-dinglelingdingding- a homeless man walks through the front door. He goes straight to the magazine rack and begins casually chatting with the magazines. When -dinglingdingding- a man with a long flowing gold cape with fuzzy white borders, a purple tuxedo with pink tie, and a wide brimmed hat enters the store. He's a regular and always polite so neither employees pay much attention to his entrance. He approaches the Slurpee machine and helps himself to the cherry, then approaches the register. He asks "Have either of yall seen a couple-a bitches 'round here?", but as he does he sees Alejandro in passing. Gator, the pimp, walks up to Alejandro and asks what he's doing with lipstick on his face and a disheveled uniform. Alejandro "No, no es lipstick, es es..." he attempts to play it off but fails, resulting in Gator getting visibly upset. Gator, who has been repeatedly referred to himself in the third person, flashes the gun he has tucked in his belt. After seeing this, Shane expertly diffuses the situation by telling the truth. Gator immediately apologizes and helps straighten Alejandros uniform, and remarks about how handsome Alejandro is (He isn't, he's greasy, unkempt, and slightly overweight). He then purchases his drink and a pack of slims before exiting and can be seen loitering in the front puffing on a slim between sips of cherry slurpee.
>>
>>46757678
By this time, the homeless guy has begun to argue with a magazine. Though both employees decide once again that they dont get paid enough to intervene. Though, by now it has been some time since the fat man has entered the bathroom, so Alejandro decides to put his ear to the door and see if he can hear anything. He hears what is described as "dogs tearing into flesh". Spooked, but curious, he decides to crack the door open to see what's happening. He sees the fat man with his shirt off, pants around his ankles, sitting on the toilet voraciously eating an ENTIRE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN. Alejandro gently closes the door and just backs away. By this time ,the homeless man has gone completely nuts and has grabbed and is shaking the magazine rack. Shane, deciding he should so something but not act directly, decides to call the police. As he begins to dial, the man throws the entire rack to the ground and approaches the register, still visibly agitated. Shane begins to regret not activating the security system, but then is relieved when the man just asks for a pack of slims. The man slaps $2.53 cents on the counter, not enough for a pack, but Shane just wants this man to leave. After receiving his slims, he exits and Shane tells the police nevermind and hangs up.
>>
>>46757886
"Ay dios mio!" Says Alejandro as he goes to clean up the mess. He picks up the rack and reorganizes the magazines before he picks up where he left off restocking the shelves. Meanwhile, several uneventful patrons visit, all asking for a pack of slims. One old woman enters, looks at the magazines, and then approaches Shane in a huff. She asks why the magazines are arranged in the shape of a swastika and how distasteful that is before buying some slims and leaving. Shane apologizes and tells Alejandro to reorganize the magazines. Alejandro is genuinely dumbfounded as to how the magazines ended up that way, dutifully rearranges them.

Continue?
>>
>>46758020
yes please
>>
>>46758020
By the time Alejandro had finished, it was now pretty late and there had not been any customers in some time. Alejandro had just finished restocking the shelves from the day shift when a truck rolls up to the station. Two rednecks get out and one approaches the store while the other waits out by the truck. -dinglingdingding- as he steps into the light of the store it is clear that he's been hunting as he's got blood on him, he goes to the counter and pays for $20 in gas and $10 in marlboro slims. Alejandro, being the gas attendant, goes out to service the truck. As he begins to fill up the tank, he notices the bloody corpse of a sizeable buck in the back. He finds this strange, since there are neither deer nor forests for hundreds of miles in any direction. Alejandro just shrugs it off and turns to the redneck as they begin to chat about this and that. He returns the pump to the holder as the other redneck leaves the store. As he approaches the truck he freezes in his tracks and says "The buck is gone." (This revelation was made extra creepy by my 50's rock pandora station which had been playing this whole time suddenly froze resulting in me delivering the line in dead silence)
>>
>>46758298
One of the rednecks reaches into the cab of the truck and pulls out two rifles and hands one to his buddy. Alejandro, meanwhile, checks behind the truck and notices bloody tracks leading towards to back of the store. They tell Alejandro to come with them to investigate. Seeing the rifles, he reluctantly agrees as the three of them follow the tracks to the back of the store. Shane, seeing all this through the glass decides to poke his head out of the side door. Alejandro beckons him to join the hunting party, but Shane, without saying a word, just slowly backs away until the door shuts and an audible locking sound can be heard. But before Shane is able to turn around -dinglingdingding-
>>
File: Wendigo-257x300.jpg (27 KB, 257x300) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo-257x300.jpg
27 KB, 257x300
>>46758460
Shane slowly turns around to find pic related shambling through the front door.
Meanwhile, the hunting party rounds the corner to the back of the store and see the tracks leading to the back dumpster, a sound can be heard coming from them. One of the rednecks decides to go investigate. He begins slowly lifting the lid of the trash can with the barrel of his rifle when suddenly the lid flies open and several massive tentacles lash out and pull the redneck into the dumpster. Alejandro, upon seeing this, takes off running back the way they came as the other redneck rushes forward to help his friend, but ultimately meets the same fate.
As this is going on Shane is just staring down this thing that just entered the store. The wendigo slowly enters, looks around the isles briefly before he slowly approaches the counter, staring directly at Shane. He opens his mouth as if to speak, and then in a guttural inhuman voice"sliiiiiiiiiimssssssss".
>>
>>46758681
hahahaha motherfucker, maybe he needs $ 3.50
>>
>>46758681
The wendigo reaches into a pocket and pulls out some thread, a couple beads, etc and places them on the counter. Shane just slowly, without saying a word, accepts the garbage and slides a pack of slims over the counter which the wendigo accepts, leaves the store, and disappears into the night. Alejandro then runs into the store, saying nothing of what he witnessed. Before either of them could say anything, they hear the trickling sound of water coming from the bathroom. Alejandro goes to investigate, having completely forgotten about the fat guy. Opening the door like he did last time, he notices that the fat guy looks asleep. Looking around, he does see any evidence of the rotisserie chicken, not even the bones. He opens the door further and hollers at the fat guy, to see if he stirs. He doesnt. Alejandro grabs a nearby broom and pokes the fat man with the handle, still no response.
>>
>>46758927
Don't die, story friend.
>>
>>46758927
Alejandro beckons Shane over, upon further investigation, they both decide that the fat man is dead and that they need to do something about the body. "Ay dios mio" Alejandro goes to grab under the arms while Shane grabs the legs. They give a heave and find that the fat man is not only surprisingly light, he's virtually weightless and after he's dislodged from the stall he begins to float. Shane peaks outside the bathroom and gives the "all clear" after seeing no one around. They quickly shuffle out of the bathroom, holding onto the fat man. Once they exit the store they both let go and watch as the fat man balloon floats off into the sky. When they go back inside they suddenly realize that it's starting to get pretty cold in the store. Alejandro sighs and grabs a mop and plunger and disappears into the bathroom as Shane returns to the front counter and turns the thermostat up slightly when -dinglingdingding- -dinglingdingding- -dinglinglingding- -dinglingdingding-
>>
Kobolds Ate My Baby.
>>
File: SUPRISE%20FUCKER.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SUPRISE%20FUCKER.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46756191
>>
>>46759422
Ha, just found this in another thread. It seems pretty neat :D
>>
>>46759211
By the time Shane turns around, the store is FILLED with the patrons encountered throughout the night..... and they are covered in... slime? The two girls, Gator, a pile of slime with twigs and filth assumed to be the homeless man, all the others who had recently bought Marlboro slims from Shane, even the Wendigo was there, dripping with slime. And they were all very angry. Over the din of all their hollering, Shane can make out that the cigarettes are to blame. He pulls out the package he had been selling from and, upon further inspection, he finds that he hasn't been selling Marlboro Slims at all. Instead, he's been selling to everyone Marlboro SLIMES!
Meanwhile, after the commotion dies down from the slime-covered crowd, angry bestial and sounds of combat come from the bathroom, but everyone is too distracted and distraught to care.
>>
>>46759444
Yeah i thought i was in this thread, not ganefinder.
>>
>>46759366
>>46759422
Thanks for the suggestions! Also check'd.
Any suggestions for silly settings? I was thinking something like Men in Black or silly super heroes

>>46759510
By the time Shane is able to calm the crowd and appease them by offering a full refund in addition to a free pack of off-brand cigarettes, Alejandro exits the bathroom, his uniform ripped and drenched in sweat. Upon leaving the bathroom he notices that it is even colder than when he entered, despite Shane turning the thermostat up. Shane, seeing Alejandro but not caring about the state he's in, just points to the puddles of slime on the floor of the store. Reluctantly, Alejandro hobbles over, still with mop in hand, and begins dutifully cleaning the floor. When he is about half done, the 50's music that had up until then been softly playing in the background abruptly stops and an emergency broadcast begins playing "Alert, UFO's have been sighted in the area around ____, make no attempt to contact them and report any additional sightings to the authorities immediately". As abruptly as the broadcast began, it ended. And as Alejandro finally finished with cleaning the floor -dinglingding- -dinglinglingding- -dingdingling-
>>
>>46759815
By this time, frost was beginning to form on the windows. Suddenly, a group of massive vikings burst through the doors, adorned in great helm, mail, and furs covered in snow, despite there being no snow outside. Shane, once again regretting not activating the security system, just looks at them in shock. The biggest of the bunch approaches the counter and asks Shane "Do ye happen te haf a table fir me n my frens? Perhaps some mead as well?", not wanting to tell them no, he beckons to Alejandro to set them up. After rearranging the aisles, finding some tables and chairs in the back, and (with the help of lucky roles) a barrel of mead. Before long, the dozen or so vikings were having a great time drinking, singing, and generally making merry. Alejandro, meanwhile, decided to go to the back to try and fix the thermostat and, after half an hour or so manages to succeed. He had just returned to the front of the store when suddenly a loud noise is heard from outside
>>
>>46760025
Looking outside, they saw a ramp begin descending from the large awning which covered the fuel pumps. From the awning, which always looked suspiciously like a sleek space ship, and down the ramp descended a group of small, ~3 foot tall aliens. -dinglingdingding- as the group of about a dozen of them walk up to the counter. The leader of the group points his space rifle at Shane and demands he empty out the cash register. Raising his hands Shane tries to calm them down, we don't want no trouble and all that, lets just be cool. The alien raises his voice, once again demanding the money when coming up behind him, looming over the group is the giant leader of the vikings "Are these little men causing you trouble?" he says to Shane, who nods. Then the viking leader swiftly picks up the tiny alien leader, raises him over his head and rips him clean in half. Before either Shane of Alejandro knew it, a full blown battle was taking place in their store. Axe swings demolishing the aisles and aliens alike while blasters miss their mark as often as hit them. Alejandro ducks behind the counter and cowers while Shane, finally, decides to activate the security system. After a short booting time, the cylinder overhead transforms into a turret-mounted machine gun. "18 targets acquired, firing will begin in 3...2...1..."
>>
>>46760242
Ducking a blaster bolt, Shane cowers beside Alejandro as the deafening rattle of automatic fire fills the air. After only a couple of seconds "Targets eliminated, entering sleep mode". After venturing a peak over the countertop, seeing everything clear, the employees stand up and survey the damage. "Ay dios mio", the store is a complete wreck, the aisles broken, merchandise strewn all about, and 2 dozen bodies littered the floor. When, cutting through the silence, the phone in the back begins to ring. Shane goes to answer to find that its their boss and that he will be stopping by in 30 minutes to take inventory and check on things. They look at the time and see that it's already 5:30 AM. Shane and Alejandro just pick up a rifle each and wait behind the counter. 30 minutes later, the manager walks in, looks around, completely dumbstruck by what he is seeing, he looks up at the two employees and is about to speak when Shane pulls the trigger, putting a hole clean through the managers head. They both drop their weapons and walk outside. The light temporarily burning their eyes. They get to the bus stop right as the bus is pulling up, the day shift gets off, with big smug smiles, they enter, find a seat, and drive off into the sunrise.
>>
>>46760512
Hope you all enjoyed. I was pretty gone by the end there, so some of the exact details are fuzzy. My first time write fagging so I hope its acceptable
>>
>>46760550
I enjoyed it.
>>
How do you play Night Shift?
>>
>>46760745
There are some PDFs but I unfortunately don't have them anymore. Someone here should though! Or you could ask in the pdf thread
>>
>>46760550
It was fun. Thank you.
>>
File: Night Shift - Employee Manual.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Night Shift - Employee Manual.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46760745
I have this.
>>
>>46760745
Also, https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Night_Shift
>>
>>46760863
>>46760885
I there a character sheet for that?
>>
>>46761150
No need, you only have like 3 stats per character
>>
File: Application Form.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Application Form.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46761150
>>
File: Management Manual V2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Management Manual V2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46760863
>>
File: Fuckworld%20RPG.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fuckworld%20RPG.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
Night shift sounds pretty fun
>>
>>46763321
Definitely worth a drunken one shot at the very least
>>
>>46761515
The serial supplement buyer in me says this needs a gear book and a monsters manual at minimum.
>>
File: Gang Rape.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Gang Rape.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.