[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1960 >ever wanting to play as JFK the Meme President
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1960.jpg (128 KB, 576x435) Image search: [Google]
1960.jpg
128 KB, 576x435
>1960
>ever wanting to play as JFK the Meme President

A much superior game to Twilight Struggle, which is an unbalanced piece of communist propaganda, but I do feel that the wisest players must surely appreciate the pleasures of playing as Nixon.

Kennedy has a big advantage starting in the East near New York and Pennsylvania, but I think this is more than compensated by Nixon's initial advantage in the West, which is such an unpleasant and scattered place to campaign that it's sealed up from Turn 1 Phase 1.

A cheeky Nixon endorsement in the South can force Kennedy to abandon his Eastern stronghold or abandon an entire region in a Turn 8 Phase 4-5 invasion from Nixon using a 4CP and his Candidate card, potentially swinging 100 electoral votes by taking easy wins in under-protected states eg Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, and perhaps even Texas.

What a masterpiece of a game. The greatest card driven strategy of all time.
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>game about Nixon vs Kennedy
Sounds pretty damn based to me.
>>
>>46755590
>Twilight Struggle, which is an unbalanced piece of communist propaganda
Tournament betting rules son.
>>
>>46756549
Even with +2 US influence in Iran, the USSR player just needs to play a 4 and roll 3-6 to boot the US out of the Near East, which pretty much gives Asia and the Middle East to the USSR from the start of the game. Shifts in deck skew later on do not compensate for the entrenched advantage the USSR gains off a single dice roll.

We've all seen the stats showing a USSR advantage, I'd really like to see a breakdown of results given particular outcomes of the initial Iran coup since I suspect it's near enough decisive.
>>
>>46756668
Fair but I still don't imagine it takes that much tweaking to fix.
>>
>>46755590
The Meme President?

Do you even know what meme means? Did your middle school friends send you over here?
>>
>>46757131
Like cuck, fedora, etc. meme itself has become a word used to describe "thing I don't like".
>>
>>46757131
>>46757439
Cuck, fedora, and meme all have precise meanings. JFK is a meme president because he's a commonly offered answer to 'best president?' by people who know nothing about history or politics. The only worse answer is FDR - who most leftists don't realise was a Hitler/Musoslini tier dictator who locked up Japanese-Americans and used war powers in peace time like a tyrant.
>>
>>46758539
>he's a commonly offered answer to 'best president?

I don't think I've heard anyone say that. He, sadly, didn't live long enough to make enough of a mark on the Presidency, and indeed the country.

As for the rest, I have to ask. Are you the same anon that keeps making threads about Twilight Struggle, and now Race to the Presidency, just to bitch about gommunism and FDR?
>>
>>46758894
I've never played, nor made a thread about, Race to the Presidency. I believe I have, in the past, made a thread about Twilight Struggle being naked communist propaganda.
>>
>>46758539
p.sure everyone calls Lincoln the best president
>>
>>46759375
Lincoln was almost as bad as FDR.
>>
>>46758539
>>46759629

I'm sorry people think things you disagree with anon. I know it must be very hard for you.
>>
>>46760598
Do you have any idea about the excesses of military government under Lincoln during the civil war? He was a classical dictator.
>>
File: 1458744367-20160323after.png (35 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1458744367-20160323after.png
35 KB, 360x360
>>46755590
>there are people on this board who think JFK was actually a better president than Tricky Dick
>>
>People think Kennedy isn't a meme
He was literally Donald Trump 1.0.
>>
>>46759629
everyone still calls him the best president

also I think "classical dictator" is pretty strong for a guy who ran as a moderate, compromise candidate
>>
>>46758894

JFK gets put on a lot of lists of best presidents, I dont think Ive ever seen him called very best. I think it's mostly for "I cri every tiem" reasons since he got shot since like you said he really wasn't around long enough to do much besides get bullied by Kruschev.
>>
>>46763672
Well he did do the whole Thirteen Days and had his New Frontiers speech, plus he was there when Russia started building the Berlin Wall and didn't cave or start any wars. So people at that time, thinking about being nuked to death by Cuba, think he's great because he saved them from dying. He also was part of the big Democrat propaganda push to get on board with Civil Rights when Republicans like Nixon were tangled up in legitimate arguments over whether it was constitutional or not to implement federal civil rights legislation.
>>
>>46758539
Bitter Dewery supporter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX2U2Gtp-xU
>>
>>46763525
His lawless behaviour during the civil war was textbook classical dictatorship.
>>
>>46766498
Thomas Dewey was also a communist. Robert Taft on the other hand would have made an excellent president.
>>
>>46766498
>tfw there will never be another great cartoon political ad
>>
>>46763823
>didn't cave or start any wars

Except for escalating Vietnam. Advisors started with Eisenhower but Kennedy stepped up the number and roles special forces and advisors. He was also a lot closer than the Soviets to launching a first strike during the Cuban missile crisis (that he triggered in the first place by insisiting on putting NATO missiles in Turkey)
>>
>>46769838
it's the song that does it, it's annoyingly catchy and FDR fulfilled most of the promises.
>>
>>46770328
JFK had the looks but not the brain. Sad!
>>
>>46766505
Lincoln held elections through the war
>>
>>46772219
He also had courts shut down so relief couldn't be sought for the excesses of martial law.
>>
>>46760616
He killed southerners, so he did a good job. It's a shame he died before he could set up the camps, though.
>>
>>46772656
>implying the south won't shake and rattle again
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.