[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't mind half-orcs, gnomes or elves. I even have a soft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Dragonborn_-_William_O'Connor.jpg (105 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Dragonborn_-_William_O'Connor.jpg
105 KB, 640x400
I don't mind half-orcs, gnomes or elves. I even have a soft spot for tieflings. But I fucking hate dragonborn.

Maybe it's because they were elevated to best race for any class in 4e. Maybe it's because they look stupid. Maybe it's because dragons are supposed to be the most magical, terrifying awe-inspiring creatures you'll find in D&D, and you shouldn't make them into a playable race. I just can't imagine an adventuring party hooking up with a dragonborn. You wouldn't travel with a lizardfolk, would you? Fuck dragonborn.
>>
>>46748343
>wouldn't travel with lizardfolk
Fuck you I would.
>>
File: QwT8V0W.png (454 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
QwT8V0W.png
454 KB, 600x851
>You wouldn't travel with a lizardfolk, would you?
>>
>>46748355
You shouldn't. They'll just take your stuff.
>>
>>46748430
Those are fucking koboldshits that /tg/ lives so much. lizardmen are barbs that instead than talking like a shitty parody of conan, just fuck you up and eat what's left.
Lizardfolk don't give a fuck
>>
>Maybe it's because they were elevated to best race for any class in 4e.
But, this isn't true.
> You wouldn't travel with a lizardfolk, would you?
I would.
>>
>>46748343
>Best race in 4e

That depends very, very much on class. They are certainly the best for any class that wants strength and charisma, but those are rare. Hell, often it isn't even the best race for constitution/charisma classes, because tieflings can also be con/cha, and the sheer feat flexibility of tieflings outdoes dragonborn by quite a bit
>>
>>46748343
Too true. Dragonborn were the Mary Sues of 4E. Fuck'em. I mean in an antagonistic sense, not in a sexual one.
>>
Ok
>>
>>46748471
Dependsonsetting.jpg

Lizardfolk to me is a broad term for several races that are reptilian and some amphibious. Anywhere from Chamelionfolk to gatorfolk
They see humans, elves, orcs, and the like naked apefolk, branding them with longear foll, greenskin folk, hairy foll, and the like.
>>
>>46752149
Of courae Kobolds and dragonborns are included as lizardfolk. Dragonborns would just be based off of komodo dragons and not real ones
>>
File: 1433791569071.png (758 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1433791569071.png
758 KB, 900x900
>>46748343
>4e
>>
>>46748343
>get into d&d in 4e
>open up PH
>oh hey, draconic ancenstry race
>that's neat
>I'll play one of those
>now what class..
>paladins seem like a good mix
>yeah, dragonborn paladin!
>tabletop friend looks at me weirdly when I ask if this character sheet looks okay
I didn't understand at the time. I didn't know.
>>
>>46748343
I liked them in 3.5e when they were a template.

Especially my Dragonborn Warforged Barbarian. That was fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 400x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 400x470
>>46748343
Lizardfolk are not Kobolds, nor Dragonborn.

Pic related is a Large Lizardfolk variant from 3.5e. I played one as a Druid with a T-Rex mount.

>>46752969
Looked it up, apparently you can do that. Cool.
>>
>>46748343
The Dragonborn was a shitty addition template from the Races of the Dragon on 3.5. Then, fuck it, they became a full blown race by the time of 4th. And now, it's cannon in 5th and willcontinue to exist, forever.
Embrace your new draconic overlords, /tg/. And repent. Bahamut and Tiamat are watching!
>>
>>46753157
I dont mind them really. hell, i actually kind of like them.
Why, you ask? They replaced kender.
>>
>>46755096
And that's a good thing how? Well-played kender are ton of fun to play and to play with.

Case in point.
My DM in a home brew world made/found (dunno which) a generator for random clutter. When I (being a kender) searched a room that we'd been in more than ten minutes, he generated a handful of items and I'd often try to pocket the most interesting among them. One I remember was on a tour of a nobleman's manor, I ended up leaving with a ship in a bottle, some wooden marbles, an onyx chessman, some silver filigree flatware, and a folding mirror.

Kender players who take for value or usefulness miss the point of the race. Kender are loyal and friendly, and they take stuff that's interesting. Sure, the scary knife with the blinking eye in its hilt is pretty cool, but so is this incredibly round and smooth stone.

For the record, I was a ranger, not a rogue.
>>
>>46755385
>Well-played kender are ton of fun to play and to play with
>Well-played kender
>Well-played
>kender

The one in a million isn't a reason for the rest of that million to be fucking assholes.
>>
>>46752183
>Komodo dragons
>and not real ones
>>
>>46750880
>Implying you wouldn't fuck a dragonborn
>>
>>46755096
They end up a lot like tieflings and drop in my experience. People who play them tend to be brooding, for lack of a better word, edgelords. They want to be dark, and cool, and mature, so they pick dragons and demons, or dark elves. It's just not usually fun to be around. Now that's not to say it can't be done well or that it hasn't ever been done well, but that's the case at my table.
>>
>>46755607
Oh no, I agree. It's a shame that an entire race option has been poisoned by shitheads, because it means many DMs will veto my request to play one simply on (admittedly justified) principle.
>>
>>46748343

As a person that plays a Dragonborn, I don't understand why the dislike. I play one so as to play something close to or similar to the Saurus Warriors from Warhammer Fantasy. GM is cool enough to let me use general description for a Saurus for my Dragonborn. My group actually okay with my character since his general reason to exist is to fight the good fight and it's only the elves that seem to be the most edgelordy of them all with daddy issues abound every session it seems.

Anyways, I don't understand your dislike, but hey that's cool.
>>
>>46748343
>You wouldn't travel with a lizardfolk, would you?
Let's not make assumptions, here.
>>
>>46755385
>Well-played kender are ton of fun
Fuck you.
>>
>>46748343
Well said. I hate Dragonborn to.
>>
Is it possible to make dragonborn cool in a homebrew setting?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.