[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Shitty_PhotoShop_Edition.png (1 MB, 1327x886) Image search: [Google]
Shitty_PhotoShop_Edition.png
1 MB, 1327x886
"Tone down your list or I'll make MKIII edition!!"

Just kidding, I was going to make MKIII anyways!!

Remember dudes and dudettes. Play nice with one another. We all benefit from this new edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UBBcOVuY4U [Embed] [Learn How to Copy Paste, Retard] [Embed] [Open]

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
> textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
Conflux Spoilers:

>The Prime Conflux is a highly anticipated model for Convergence players, as it has a method to increase its own ranged damage and the damage output of other models in its faction. It also has the longest range of any model in the faction, allowing it to hit targets up to 15˝ away!

CoC for the new gunline faction, it seems.
>>
>>46744902

The real question is this. Does that mean it has a 15" gun, that is has a total threat range of 15" (Movement+Gun Range) OR that the Conflux has some sort of conditional threat extender (I.E. Something like the Hydra that gains +1" on his gun for each focus on the jack at the time of the attack being declared)?
>>
>>46745032
Can't be walk and shoot, since that would mean the Axiom outranges it. Also, said it was 15" gun.

Second one, who knows, though conditional stuff doesn't sound right. I think it's just going to be straight 15"
>>
File: amon.png (120 KB, 540x600) Image search: [Google]
amon.png
120 KB, 540x600
So, question.

What Caster/Warlock and what Jack/beast is everyone looking forward to seeing the new MK3 stats for the most?

Right now I am just really interested in seeing how Amon is going to come out in the new Edition. Similarly Naaresh.

I am also interested in seeing the new Rhinodon.
>>
>>46745194
Rhyas + Twins and Proteus +Typhon.
>>
>>46745194
>What Caster/Warlock and what Jack/beast is everyone looking forward to seeing the new MK3 stats for the most?

I want to see how the Kreoss trinity works out, since Kreoss is my favorite caster.

I'm also very curious to see if they can make the Castigator and Defender more attractive for their points.

And oh god... Choir.
>>
>>46745194
Spriggan + Strakhov
>>
>>46745194
Syntherion.

I'm honestly sure he's losing Synergy as a spell, and I wonder what they'll give him instead.
>>
>>46745194
Some Ret caster who's name i've forgotten but I think it starts with V and has heaps of y's?

Her feat is to summon a light Warjack?
>>
>>46746301
That's Goreshade if he wasn't Goreshade, a what if sort of thing.

That caster doesn't actually exist.
>>
The Fact that they are redoing the point system has me the most excited by far. The current point system was way to restrictive.
>>
>>46746354
It's only changing by a factor of 2. If you think it's "way too restrictive" now, it's only gong to be a little better in MK3 - basically, we'll be able to see models that, in MK2, would have been 2.5 points (or 8.5, etc).

Still pretty restrictive on the low end, but seeing some 0.5 pt and 1.5 pt solos/attachments will be nice.
>>
I'm sort of hoping they ruin the game as it currently exists by making it just CRAZYMACHINE. I want to see Amon jump into the middle of a unit and kill like 10+ models in one activation.
>>
>>46745194
I love Doomie's models/fluff so I hope at least one version of him is still a top tier caster (in terms of fun and competitive)

I hope pBorka stays fun but gets a little bit better, I hope eBorka gets little more fun and a lot better.

I hope there is an incentive for me to buy the new pGrissel Sculpt

The classic metal mauler is what got me into this game, I hope he comes out of this as still solid
>>
>>46745440
I, too, am curious what will happen to the choir in Mk3. Cause, especially with the new battlegroup-centric focus rule, they are going to be a much larger advantage. Really, they were the most auto-include unit in the game, in any faction. They definitely needed a bit of a nerf, but what?
>>
>>46745194
Kromac1 and Ghetorix. I'm curious to see if they'll add some deeper synergy between them.
>>
>>46746559
Choir don't really need a nerf tho. They're the only reason Protectorate takes jacks outside of the one required. Plus they're on the same level as Beast handlers, less so because beasts are better and the handlers are harder to kill. 12/12 is hard to keep alive.
>>
>>46746440
Mk1 was crazymachine and it got toned down in Mk2, mow Mk3 is gonna be even more toned down.
>>
>>46746729
Beast Handlers are one of the most point efficient units in the game, in their defense.

I mean, decent MAT, reach, and auto point is nice on a 3 point unit already, their support abilities just make them amazing.
>>
>>46746729
but now everyone is taking 25 points of required jacks. Is menoth going to take another 25 on top of that?

Choir is improved just because of larger free WJ points
>>
>>46746755
Their stated goal was to get everyone playing.

Honestly, Menoth lists will change the least from the point mixing. While They get more WJ points, they get less infantry points, so their lists should stay the traditional blend they have been.
>>
>>46746780
I still say choir will go up in point cost, at least by the half point
>>
>>46746799
I mean, it's far too early too tell. There's a lot of shit that can be changing. Hell, they've said Reach is changing, but haven't said how. Today's Insider might be about it, if one drops.
>>
>>46745032
>Does that mean it has a 15" gun
That can't be. 15 isn't a prime number.
>>
>>46745058
>I think it's just going to be straight 15"
Or 11" with Snipe as one of it's shot options.

>>46745194
Thunderhead. My body cannot be ready enough. Also pMorghoul with FURY6.
>>
I'm not gonna lie, I was looking to get into wargaming, didn't want to touch Games Workshop with a rented 10' pole, and was eyeballing Warmahordes when I found out there was a new edition just a couple months down the pike.

My wife and I are actually pretty stoked to get it once MKIII drops. I hope I run into some of you out there.
>>
>>46747439
pMorghoul's problem will forever be a lack of infantry buffs, nothing that affects all beasts in command range, and relying purely on high DEF to survive. And Torment is a really bad spell. And his feat is fucking GASH.
>>
>>46748141
>lack of infantry buffs
He's a beast caster. it's kind of the point.

>nothing that affects all beasts in command range
Would be cool to get AbuseAllBeasts instead, but it's not a dealbreaker.

>And Torment is a really bad spell
Got a caster kill out of that one.

>And his feat is fucking GASH
What does that mean? He's got the best feat in Skorne.
>>
I want to be the Zerg. What faction should I play
>>
>>46748181
Cryx or Legion.
>>
>>46748169
>He's a beast caster. it's kind of the point.
Unless something huge happens, being a beast caster doesn't really cut it. Not to mention we're getting a caster whose title actually is Beast Master.

>He's got the best feat in Skorne.
Nigger please, it's awful against Warmachine factions which make up a bigger part of the game than Hordes. No one brings a ton of jacks to the table, and you can't transfer damage away in the first place. Even against Hordes it's questionable since Morghoul needs to be within 10" of the relevant location, putting him in danger.
>>
>>46748292
>since Morghoul needs to be within 10" of the relevant location
Refer to >>46747439. His problem is Fury5.
>>
>>46748304
Fury 5 but can spend 6.
>>
>>46748428
Well yes, but that doesn't help his control area.
>>
>>46748450
Why not just make his feat specify a distance? You can't actually be referring to him being able to force beasts since that's what Willbreakers are for.
>>
>>46748463
>that's what Willbreakers are for
Yeah, I love running my support solos all the way up front just to force my beasts. Bonus points if it stops them from using puppet master.
>>
>that feel when you just hope man o wars are good this coming edition or at least not costed to the point there's always a better option.
>>
>>46748463
>>46748481
Also, Willbreakers can't leech. If you want to put a beast in each zone in a splitzone scenario and still be able to leach from it you need to put Morghouls in THE CENTER OF THE FUCKING BOARD.
>>
File: Paingivers[1].jpg (34 KB, 720x311) Image search: [Google]
Paingivers[1].jpg
34 KB, 720x311
>>46748495
What do you need to leach from both scenarios for?
>>
>>46748508
>both scenarios
Both zones.
>>
File: 1458760679077.png (252 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1458760679077.png
252 KB, 500x453
>>46748280
All the casters in Legion are just elves with shit glued to them. In a faction of horrible monsters. This pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>46748508
Oh yes, I'll run my beasthandlers to the frontlines aswell. Who needs Enrage anyways. And moving 6" and whipping 3" sure sound like enough. Or do you expect me to charge my own beasts just to get the Fury from them? ANd have you ever heard of transfering? Or of Warlocks actually needing Fury to do shit? Do you even play Skorne? Hell, do you even play Hordes?
>>
>>46748536
So basically, you're crying that Morghoul doesn't have enough fury to do what you want? Well gee who fucking knew that a caster would become better if they had more fury holy fucking shit you're a genius the only caster in the game that would like a bigger fury pool is pMorghoul.
>>
>>46748551
Are you fucking serious? Can you really not read? I'll explain it real slow, just fo you, you fucking retard. pMorghoul is a beast caster. You can tell by his spells and by Mistreatment. Beast casters need to keep their beasts in their control area to be able to do ANYTHING AT ALL. Let me repeat this, just ot get through your thick skull: They need to keep their beasts in their control area to use rules such as forcing, transfering or leeching. A beast caster that cannot do this is not functional. More Fury would not just make him better, it would make him work in the first place.
>>
>>46748602
You literally have a solo that you can use as a proxy to force beasts within 9" of it. LITERALLY. Oh and by the way it doesn't just do that, it can also grant Puppet Master and make Ancillary Attacks with dumb shit like the Aradus Sentinel. Abloo-bloo-bloo.
>>
>>46748530
Well, there's Thagrosh, who's an ogre with shit glued to him. But yeah, Everblight sure likes his waifus.
>>
>>46748181
Cryx (or khador)
>>
>>46748799
Even Kallus, who is a vessel specifically built to hold a shard of Everblight, is just a dude in armor.
>>
>>46748625

Can't leach with it. If making Ancillary attack, nowhere near where it needs to be in order to force a warbeast (5 in special action).

>different anon
>still think you're a salty focus-using retard who never bothered to learn how fury works so is unable to take advantage of its limitations and gets assraped by hordes regularly
>the comment about the sentinel was the final clue
>>
>>46744902

"new"?

Well, it was Puncture that was keeping me down anyways, but those POW13 (ooh prime number!!!) can probably stand to get even worse. At least it will run into the Woldwrath problem in that case; the model that supports the spam makes you unable to spam due to its cost.
>>
> In the new edition, the Frenzy rules simply state that a frenzying warbeast shakes all effects that can be shaken, then charges the closest model and makes a single attack against that charge target, using its highest P+S attack. That’s it. No more long if/then chart to check against. Just shake, charge, and attack.

>

In other cases, we took the opportunity of the new editions to better bring WARMACHINE and HORDES more in line with each other, such as by removing wreck markers from WARMACHINE.

>One significant pruning was the removal of model psychology from the games.

>Perhaps one of the most noticeable cuts that added a huge amount to the games was the removal of skill checks from both games

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-18-2016

What I caught. Some we already knew though.
>>
>>46750978

Eh, Frenzy wasn't that bad PP. Now all frenzy is "worst case frenzy", got it.

No more wreck markers, though... That's different.
>>
>>46750978
>such as by removing wreck markers from WARMACHINE.

Makes me wonder how Cankerworm and Necrotechs are going to function, now, if they can't scavenge wreck markers or turn them into Scrap Thralls. Maybe their abilities just activate if a Warjack is destroyed within a certain number of inches?
>>
>>46751105
I think Frenzy got changed because 90% of the time it worked exactly how you thought it would, and 10% of the time it did absolutely weird shit that most players simply didn't understand.
>>
>>46751130
Maybe they'll get scrap tokens or something like that.
>>
>>46751105
>Now all frenzy is "worst case frenzy", got it.

Good. If Fury is supposed to be risk v. reward and Frenzy is the risk, then it needs to be a real risk. Personally, I hope Frenzy is automatic in mk3 instead of making a threshold check to see if the beast frenzies.
>>
>>46750978
>we’ve seen a ton of new models, model types, and (by extension) rules added to the game.

Is what I've noticed. New model types is interesting
>>
>>46751224

"worse case frenzy" happens all the time, it's pretty much the only frenzy available for warbeasts being used as meat-shields for their warlock.

Frenzy is usually a 50% thing with low carry-over (one or two), near 100% if just a bit shy of full-up.

Fury IS risk v. reward. You gamble the game on it if you run hotfor a turn, but yeah, it helps if the other guy is so hopeless that you can get away with that kind sloppy play.
>>
>>46751255
He's talking about sonce Mk2 was released, we've seen battle engines, gargossals and warcaster units all release.
>>
>>46751320

"worse case frenzy" works like best case frenzy if the warbeast are up the field and the opponent does something scrubby like end his turn with models in contact with them.

>oh god... that guy actually does that
>hey, don't do that
>>
>>46750978
Heh, I was getting depressed because I didn't buy Cryx wreck markers before PP turned them into resin, now I don't have to.
>>
So, what's cankerworm gonna do since there's no wreck markers to steal weapons from?
>>
>>46751817

What the Earthborn Dire Troll does, going by our luck.
>>
No wreck markers gg pp already ruined mk3 wow just wow look at that stock drop matt wilson on suicide watch privateer press btfo'd
>>
Calling it: scrap thralls are gonna be necrotech's stitch thralls, since you already get one in the blister anyway. Can add three more by buying the blister with three of them. Eventually PP will rebox eventually and make necrotech's lower body resin.
>>
>>46751916
>No wreck markers
Read it again.
>>
>>46751817
Maybe he just reclaims when something dies in its radius. Also all these stealth cryx nerfs
>no more fear
>no more wrecks for skarre to take cover in
>mkii emphasis on our garbage helljacks (as they stand now)

I would be really happy if the slayer chassis went up to def14
>>
>>46752036
>mkii emphasis on our garbage helljacks (as they stand now)

I can't say that I'm enthusiastic about cryx players being forced by list construction to find out that I'm basically Leviathan chow.
>>
>>46752098

Harrowers, too. But it's not like I'll be hiding in a wreck marker so that may no longer be the case.
>>
>>46752193
I dark industried a harrower the other day it was an out of controll superstar
>>
File: 1440436907966.png (310 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
1440436907966.png
310 KB, 580x282
I'm considering painting up A Pirates Life as my final Mk2 project. Is it insanity to try and paint ~40 pirates in a month? I'm running a final Mk2 event in June and this would be the army I plan on playing
>>
>>46752527
Is it insanity? Yes. Would you be doing God's work by bringing more pirates to the table? Yes.
>>
>>46752630
Oh God... Guess I should get started after work.

Man, I hope. Pirates don't suck in Mk3...
>>
The removal of skill checks probably means no check to use a Drive, so that helps jack marshals some.
>>
Gargossals should get some kind of wreck marker analogue though

If not a wreck marker make their corpse into an obstacle
>>
Somebody on the forums had a good enough idea to bear repeating- what if theme forces in mk3 don't technically exist? Instead, each and every warcaster gets unique theme-force like benefits applied to his list, be it FA increases or whatever?
>>
>>46753709
I think it ends up complicating the base game, something they want to avoid.

Tiers let them keep complicated concepts away from newbies.
>>
>>46753788
>Tiers let them keep complicated concepts away from newbies.
This has never worked in practice. Newbies think tiers are the way to go and try and build these lists first and end up frustrated.

The game will be better off with themes simply being removed
>>
>>46753895
There's a difference there though. Changes to the base caster just make for weird rules at base list building, while tiers are something that optionally modify the game.

And they've said tiers aren't disappearing, we will just have to see what form they take.
>>
>>46752819
We all knew Mk3 would come one day, and we pray to whatever gods are listening that our models survive the transition well.
>>
>>46745404
>proteus
I double that.
>>
I want to see the new Hydra stats. It was pretty clearly just pushed out the door without worrying because Mk 3 was around the corner.
>>
>>46748530
Absylonia2 has mutated enough to be outside of this definition, I think
>>
>>46752036
> Whining about nerfs without even knowing the rules context
> Assuming that helljacks are going to be trash

Welp, guess you'd better quit before they nerf your shit. Door's over there.
>>
>>46755071
Elf with wings? Not even close. With a faction that sports things like Proteus, the Throne, Blightbringers and Blight Wasps, I am extremely miffed we don't have some crazy warlocks to fit with that theme. Some dude carrying a hive of symbiotic blight swarms on his back, or just a straight up Dead Space looking mother.

But nope. Elves.
>>
I'm looking to get into the game when MK3 comes out, gonna check some shit out at PAX. I intend to pick something up as a souvenir.

Zerging for the caster sounds boring, what are good factions for smashing someones army? I'm finding myself drawn to Khador, Legion, and Scyrah.
>>
>>46746440
Amon can already do that.
In fact, been there done that, charged a full unit of steelhead rifles, and got them all and a solo in the process. Thresher on his melee weapon.

Next turn Amon was killed though :\
>>
>>46746729
>>46746559
This is a funny thing. You see on the menoth pp forums there is a thread discussing what might be nerfed, but almost no one has thought of the choir and the covenant.

I think menites are in for a rude awakening
>>
I'm worried about my task master, beast handlers, and croak raiders being nerfed. Hopefully skorne won't be hurt much.
>>
>>46751224
i am also pleased that frenzy might actually have a downside and not a constant way of getting around it.

However the insider had me thinking: "Isn't a pity beasts hardly ever frenzy though, thanks to all the fury management"

Fury > focus in mk3, you read it here first niggas
>>
>>46755558
I don't think they'll be nerfed, just go up in cost a little
>>
>>46752036
>>46752098
new battle boxes all have same points cost
khador battlebox is 2 heavies
all other factions is 1 heavy 2 lights
except for cryx, cryx gets 2 heavies and a light arc node
the problem is that all WJs just got a buff, so considering that cryx WJs are fast have decent mat and STR, and in mkiii get free focus.
I think it's safe to say: Cryx is OP (again) in mkiii
>>
>>46746301
You're thinking of the alt-history casters
>>
>>46755680
Honestly, the Decimator in the khador box is a fucking terrifying jack, it's just crippled in mk 2 by focus rules

Getting a free focus point will make it really good. A P+S 18 with sustained attack is great if you can afford to fully load it so you can boost the swing and buy two auto hits. Or you can fully load it to get two boosted to hit shots off with the dozer. It just wasn't worth spending 3 focus on in mk II, but now you only have to spend 2 focus on it.
>>
>>46755414
How about half-dragon/half-ogre with a double-bladed sword?
>>
>>46755680
we don't know that they all have the same point cost actually, we just know that they all add up to 0.

The Khador cast could have 25 warjack points, the Cryx one could have 30, the Trolls could have 20 points in it.

They just all add up to 0 points in the end
>>
Playable

Man-o-Wars

WHEN
>>
Does anyone know what exactly is going to be in the new Cryx battle box? It looked like a ripjaw, slayer, a warcaster I've never seen before, and a jack I've never seen before.
>>
>>46755414
I think when formerly normal things get Blighted too much they just die.

It's taken Everblight a lot of time to hone his blight to not kill things. I think it's the best we are going to get until something goes wrong.
>>
>>46755469
>what are good factions for smashing someones army

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>46755884
He's the only one though out of a dozen elf casters.
>>46756095
Yeah but then there's shit like Kallus, who was made just to hold an anthac shard. And he's just another elf. And Everblight can pretty obviously make some insane beasts with his blood and stuff.
>>
>>46755196
I did qualify the statement, dingus. If helljacks kick ass, awsome. The reaper is one of my favorites, especially with venethrax or the withershadow combine.

Also this is like, my 4th edition change in 3 years. The doom and gloom is reflexive
>>
>>46755680
Slayer and Reaper are P+S 16. How is that decent?
>>
>>46756185
Insane being the key word, they're mindless.
>>
>>46756185
Kallus is not an elf.
>>
>>46756266
Point is he looks like one when his design could be vastly more interesting. The guy who's feat involves turning his entire army into chest-burster hosts is just another grey """"""elf"""""
>>
>>46755469
>>46756170
He means attrition play. Currently all factions have one or more casters that can pull it off and I don't expect that to change with MK3.
>>
new article is out, frenzy is simply Shake, charge nearest model, attack with highest P+S, done

Also wreck markers are gone from the game
>>
>>46757597
>>46750978
Little slow there buddy.
>>
>>46755630

It isn't the fury management that does it, it's that nobody in their right mind risks a frenzy on a warbeast that isn't already in the opponents face and probably isn't going to survive next turn anyway. Because odds are, it's going to frenzy. Then it'll kill your own shit/take a swipe at your warlock.

Then that combines with the fact that the ways to take fury off a warbeast are either fragile themselves and not risked on the front lines, or the ability gets in the way of an even better ability. Skorne for example doesn't even bother do actual fury management with their fury management pieces outside of ranged shennangins and backfield support animi, the damage buffing ability is too essential to faction balance.

It's self-reinforcing.
>>
>>46748530
All the casters in the game are just dudes in armor with shit glued to them. In a game of horrible monsters/robots. This pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>46758162
And then there's karchev
>>
>>46758181
And the lich lords, especialy Terminus
>>
>>46755414
Proteus, the Throne, Blightbringers, and Blight Wasps are all made from scratch to serve a purpose.

The casters started as something else and are tweaked though blight.

>>46756185
>make some insane beasts with his blood and stuff
They're not beings capable of thought, let alone commanding an army.

Typhon is the "smartest" of the dragonspawn but Everblight had to give up a chunk of his Athanc on top of bleeding Thagrosh to near death. This all only worked because there was still a bunch of weird mojo going on during the absorption of Pyromalfic's athanc.

Even after that, Typhon merely shows some individuality and is not capable of leading an army.
>>
Dang, the Monsternomicon has some cool entries.
>>
>>46758162

Well except Karchev who is a literal Jack, Kromac2 who is essentially a warbeast and Cassius who is a tree.
>>
>>46758931
The worlds a pretty decent setup honestly. Sure it needs to be a world at war and the like but its pretty good for what it is.
>>
>>46759748

Yeah, I think embracing the fact that the IK was a role playing setting before it was a miniatures game was a good move on PP's part since it's attractive for the people who like lore.
>>
>>46755941
Hopefully June 29th.
>>
>"I would expect things that used to respond on wrecks to be more akin to responding to destruction of the Warjack."

>That is a good bet.
>>
I like the simple amount of stuff in the new battle boxes. I started in MK1 where 40-50$ netted you basically a few models and the plastic ruler. These new boxes include booklets, tokens, dice, models, mat etc all at around the same price. It's really awesome.
>>
I hope the pirate jacks get buffed. And the dwarf heavies.
>>
>>46746312
>>46755809
Ty brillian/tg/entlemen, i'm actually relieved that's not a 'real' caster, cause that ability seemed completely broken xD
>>
>>46762328
>xD
Stop that.
>>
>>46759282

thagrosh2 and abby2 are prettymuch beasts at this point
>>
>>46758162

I think you just described every model in every wargame.
>>
>>46756628

i mean I think that the faction is starting to go in the direction you want but you're probably not going to get very many non-humanoids. epic kallus might escew humanoid form and turn into a little eldritch horror but I seriously doubt the elves are gonna get much more mutated than abby2
>>
>>46763825

Legion could be changing a bit in the future, apparently it was one of the armies alongside Protectorate, Cryx, Trolls, and Skorne that received the highest amount of new art going forward.
>>
>>46763908

doug hamilton is a god damn genius
>>
A thought:

What if that campaign ruleset they were talking about a few months ago was played under Mk 3 rules and Mk 3 will support it?
>>
>>46763936
It's my hope that last years unit levelling leagues, and the map-based campaign rules they did in NQ were all done alongside Mk3 testing and will be in the core books as 'casual play' formats.
>>
I would personally like to really see a reason to bring standard iron fangs over black dragons.
>>
>>46764581
My local Khador players play both, depending on the role they need in the list.
>>
>>46764684
Standard IFP are strictly worse than black dragons at the moment.

I'm willing to bet that will change with Mk3. Which is why I pinned my banner.
>>
>>46764684
What role do IFP provide that black dragons don't? IFP get to move a little faster for one turn, that's fucking it. They lose all the other advantages of black dragons.
>>
>>46764581
Relentless Charge makes them more offensive and better in certain matchups.
>>
>>46765150
I'd argue that precision strike is going to get you more benefit than relentless charge in a lot of cases.
>>
>>46765181
Precision Strike is better for killing jacks and beasts, sure, but Relentless Charge actually gets you there, no matter the target.

Anyone who can generate a lot of rough terrain(Convergence, Inhop casters, etc) can slow Black Dragons down quite a bit.
>>
>>46765216
I'd rather take Black Dragons with Saxon Orrik than deal with trying to make do with vanilla IFP
>>
I'm procrastinating on exams and came up with a list out of the stuff I mostly have. Just need to get the bloodgorgers. Waiting until MkIII to do anything though, but thought this could might be decent for casual at FLGS

>50pts Cryx
Venethrax
-Skarlock Thrall
-Slayer
-Deathripper
Bane Lord Tartarus
3x 6 Bane Knights
Satyxis Raider Captain
6 Satyxis Raiders
-Sea Witch
General Slaughterborn
6 Bloodgorgers
6 Bile Thralls
>>
>>46765467
Idea is to have Bloodgorgers lead, and the knights just behind across the board. Raiders bait for the thralls (or vice versa).

>BTW total noob here. Haven't played a game in 5 years, and those were my intro games.
>>
>>46765467
It's usually better to run max units, since they are more point efficient.

I'd look at getting a Bloat Thrall and the character Bloat, their auto corrode is great with Venny. Do that instead of the Biles, in fact. Biles are bad if you don't have a way of moving them up the board.

I personally love Deathjack with Venny, but if you're trying to avoid characters, drop the Slayer. Run all lights, especially the spray dudes.
>>
>>46765412
Or run them with Irusk.
>>
>>46765616
Lich Lord Venethrax (*6pts)
* Defiler (5pts)
* Skarlock Thrall (2pts)
Bane Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Bane Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Bloodgorgers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Satyxis Raiders (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Satyxis Raider Sea Witch (2pts)
Bane Lord Tartarus (4pts)
General Gerlak Slaughterborn (3pts)
Mobius (3pts)

Something like this, at a glance. Venny doesn't have many spells to arc though, or you could run two Deathrippers.
>>
>>46758100
You're not wrong, what you say is reasonable, but it's like saying the choir of menoth is fragile. Yes they are, both the fury management pieces and the choir of menoth.
Which is why you protect them, and that's why beasts never risk frenzy.
Playing it correctly shouldn't be punished, that's for sure.

The thing is where focus has the drawback of having to allocate and having a low ressource cap, this drawback cannot be negated by good playing; you have to manage the focus you get, which is only about 6 per turn.
whereas fury as it stands avoids it's drawback entirely by good playing. so it can get 15 fury per turn with no problem.

Mk3 does stand to address this a little it seems.
But it still feels to me like the wild warbeasts of the savage factions are actually very tame when it comes to frenzy.
>>
File: tEjeMu8.png (136 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
tEjeMu8.png
136 KB, 512x384
>>46763765
I think that was his point. In response to what the other anon said.
>>
>>46765953
Premeasuring should alleviate the problem of loading up a jack with 3 focus just to have it miss the charge by millimeters and waste the focus.

Though I do with that it would change to when jacks spend focus they're not allocated it, they just spend it off the caster (to a max of 3 per turn)
>>
>>46766566
>jacks spend focus they're not allocated it, they just spend it off the caster (to a max of 3 per turn)

that immediately makes a lot of the focus vs fury more even
>>
Ramant speculation/wishlist:
What is your favorite caster and what unique spell or ability do you hope he gets? (Or keeps, in the case of casters/locks which already have a unique thing?)

The first bit of fluff I read was Sloan assaulting a Khadoran fort with a half dozen defenders to save her boyfriend. I hope she gets something that ups the output of ranged jacks like granting decapitation to ranged weapons in her battlegroup.
>>
>>46756245
>Also this is like, my 4th edition change in 3 years. The doom and gloom is reflexive
This is not GW though.
>>
>>46766587

Rules are already printed, they're not going to OP focus for you no matter how much you whine on the internet.
>>
>>46767517
That's exactly what Fury does
>>
>>46767517
That wouldn't OP focus. It would just tweak it.

Fury would still be better, since you could max every beast on a hail-mary turn or the last turn of the game.

That being said, I'm near 100% certain that focus allocation will remain largely unchanged, except for power up of course.
>>
>>46767788
I dunno.

The change to Induction says they think more focus should be passed around.

Plus, we haven't seen what's happening with Jack Marshals.
>>
>>46767805
They were fairly specific when they talked about the new Focus mechanic, a lot of what they said doesn't make sense if they're radically changing how allocation works, unless they're pulling an elaborate and largely pointless deception to hide the fact they've turned allocation on it's head.
>>
>>46767858
They were specific on the nature of power up and allocation, yes.

But there's still a lot up for grabs. If the Focus mechanic itself has changed, it could have some serious implications on the results here.
>>
That or just make you decide how much Fury you're going to use and where at the beginning of the turn for Hordes
>>
I'm looking at getting into a Khador gunline army, any advice?
>>
>>46768406
Wait two months.
>>
>>46768427
Any idea if it will be in the new edition?
>>
>>46768463
>ou mean viable Khador shooting options? I am certain of that.
>>
>>46760404
thank you.
>>
>>46765703
>this
Irusk loves Iron fangs in both of his forms and can even in his epic mode give them a ghetto relentless charge with his artifice. Also, I'd say the kovnik is a must for either unit though I find myself using it more to make man o wars suck less.
>>
>>46768406
Wait 2 months.

Or pButcher winter guard and conquest if you care about current things.
>>
>>46762664
>implying you can stop someone blinking with a smile on their face.
>>
>>46745194
eThagrosh because I love his model.

Also Syntherion.
>>
Do you guys think that facing will go away with mk3?
>>
>>46770515
Hell no. Why would it?
>>
>>46770695
Hysterical speculation on the P3 boards. Because apparently they can't go five minutes without whipping themselves up into a panic about how PP are going to remove this or that from Mk3 and turn the game into Age of Cygmar.
>>
>>46770695
It's another outdated game design relic deterring new people from picking up the game, just like morale, no premeasuring and wreck markers.
>>
>>46771167
I would normally agree but isn't flanking something that could actually be considered "strategy" as opposed to "mental trigonometry".
>>
>>46771190
Yup. Facing determines back strikes, LoS, free strikes, the firing arcs for a Colossal's weapons, plenty of things. It's a core gaming mechanic, it's not complex in the slightest, it doesn't create 'negative play experiences'. There's absolutely no reason to believe that facing is going to go away.
>>
>>46756066
Well, NOBODY knows who is that new warcaster and what she is capable of. Jack is Desecrator for sure.
>>
>>46765467
Drop the slayer for a reaper, use full units, the bloat package + morbus is super killer

You also probably don't need BLT or banes with venethrax. Blood witches and the hag are a must
>>
>>46770738
To be fair, people have been doing the same thing here since the announcement
>>
>>46770738
More like Age of Cygnar, amirite
>>
File: 16.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
so you guys get to see the contents of the boxes yet?? seems a someone has put up some pics.
>>
>bought the MHSF just a few weeks ago

they're going to get the axe, aren't they?
>>
File: 22.jpg (20 KB, 320x426) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
20 KB, 320x426
>>46772321
the maps are pretty shitty going by the pics. think plastic laminated like some of the flimsy battletech maps from 3-4th edition battletech timeframe.

They are definetly not "Mats" as we are used to.
>>
File: 26.jpg (19 KB, 320x426) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
19 KB, 320x426
>>46772367
another pic of the map
>>
>>46772321
>>46772367
POST! THE! CARDS!
>>
File: 6.jpg (18 KB, 320x426) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
18 KB, 320x426
>>46772390
no cards to post here. no pics were taken of the cards.
>>
For being actually cheaper than the current ones but also having rules and some tokens and dice and stuff, i can live with a shitty map theres no reason to use =p
>>
>>46772394
No cards in the boxes.
>>
File: 13.jpg (13 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
13 KB, 320x240
>>46772410
>>
File: 14.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
>>46772471
>>
>>46771167
Fuck no. Facing is the real reason I play this game
>>
>>46772367
>complaining about the maps

The battleboxes are $10 less than they were and have more shit in them. What were you expecting?
>>
File: my models.jpg (72 KB, 800x1041) Image search: [Google]
my models.jpg
72 KB, 800x1041
>>46772346
Probably not. The transition to Mk2 didn't see any of the models from Mk1 removed, so I assume it'll be the same this time around.

Then again, who knows?
>>
>>46772600
They've already said they're not removing models.

And even if they were, Mage Hunters are one of the most iconic units to Ret, both on the table and in the fluff. There's no way they'd disappear.

They might change a lot, but they're not getting removed.
>>
>>46772600
>>46772346 here

sorry, I probably used the wrong term. I don't fear they're getting removed, but from what I've experienced and read from other players, I'm expecting a big nerf.
>>
File: wana buy some mk3 spoilers.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wana buy some mk3 spoilers.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
lol
>>
>>46772671
While Mage Hunters are hated, Ret's in a weird ass spot right now, balance wise.

If MHs get nerfed but the overall faction gets buffed(and spread out in terms of tactics), I think it'd be much better overall.
>>
>>46745194
I'm curious to see how eHexeris turns out, and whether or not Cyclops Shaman is still a fun and janky toolbox beast.
>>
File: 1364191276392.jpg (222 KB, 689x602) Image search: [Google]
1364191276392.jpg
222 KB, 689x602
>>46772055
>functional pun
>"More like the same but removing the pun, amirite"
>>
>>46772864
Well, when you initially spell "Sigmar" wrong.

There's a reason it's abbreviated as AoS instead of AoC
>>
>>46772418
What? So the boxes don't come with their own rules?
>>
>>46772699
>MHs get nerfed
That's almost a given. There's no way they'll still ignore EVERYTHING (except for stealth) in MK3.
>>
>>46772913
There were no cards in the boxes that PP gave to a shop as a way to drum up interest in the game.

They don't want the rules and stats leaked this early, for whatever reason.
>>
>>46772899
I wasn't even the Carlos, and I still saw the initial pun.

>>46772471
>>46772492
Am I seeing this right? Are they using colored plastic for the intro pack jack parts?
>>
>>46772964
>Am I seeing this right? Are they using colored plastic for the intro pack jack parts?
yes
>>
>>46772417
>being actually cheaper than the current ones but also having rules and some tokens and dice and stuff

I'm buying the Cryx one purely for Agathia. I don't even like the resculpted Reaper and Slayer, all of my Helljacks are metal. They're cheap enough that I'm willing to drop the money just for the Warcaster and spare Deathripper.
>>
>>46772939
I'll gladly trade their caster-killing potential for a more allrounded, versatile and balanced unit.
Hopefully they won't be the same just worse, but a bit different all around.
>>
>>46772964
It's the same plastic and same molds as the old boxes they're just dyed now to help new players tell factions apart in unpainted box games
>>
File: seadogs1.jpg (253 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
seadogs1.jpg
253 KB, 1280x960
>>46752527
pirates are cool
>>46772988
you also get 10 of the black focus tokens, which is cool since they were con exclusives before.
>>
File: freebooter_warjack_by_sarapsys.jpg (121 KB, 841x950) Image search: [Google]
freebooter_warjack_by_sarapsys.jpg
121 KB, 841x950
>>46773464
I've decided to sell my Pirates with Mk III around the corner so I can focus on my main faction.
>>
>>46772346
Some things about them are going to change, but they won't be a bad unit.
>>
>>46772321
tiny little pics for ants apparently...

the "maps" are exactly what I expected them to be: folded paper.
I think a pretty art poster would have been more useful.
>>
>>46772367
The maps are just for demos and battle box games. Did you think you were going to get a fat mat in a $40 box?
>>
>>46772942
>They don't want the rules and stats leaked this early, for whatever reason.
To build hype? To not blow their load all at once and keep people interested?
>>
File: LIvmYMn_Mc0.jpg (114 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
LIvmYMn_Mc0.jpg
114 KB, 1280x960
Is this only my own problem?
>>
>>46756251
When POW 16 can kill your caster.
>>
>>46774682
Send PP a message with this photo and they will probably send you a new one for free (just Morvhana,, mind you, nnot the whole thing).
>>
>>46756251
When you have a thousand ARM-debuffs and can combo-strike up to 22 in a pinch
>>
>>46774682
hey there hotstuff OH MY GOD quasimodo ! quit with the crossdressing you fucking faggot !!!
>>
So my local store is doing a 30% off sale to clear out mk 2 stock, and still has a cirlce all in one box sitting on the shelf

I'm not that interested in circle but 30% off is damn nice
>>
>>46774909
Dont buy it if you simply want a cheap stuff. You wont like to play faction you really dont like. Besides, do you think you can make use off models there?
>>
>>46774789
It's either cryx is OP, or khador got screwed again, by paying more for a heavy WJ that is okay at shooting and okay at melee, but will never excel at either.

Actually we know that the juggernaut is 12pts in mk3.
We know all warcasters have about 38WJ pts
We know that all Bboxes will be 0points.
so the decimator is about 26 points... that's 13 x 2. It's either BETTER than Ruin, or Khador gets the anal plug and the ball gag.
>>
>>46774909
OK... And?
>>
>>46774909
get a friend into the game !
grab all the useful models, that is the ones you don't have because they are shite now (but probably won't be in mk3)
>>
>>46774970
>decimator is about 26 points
Uh, no its not. The battlebox casters all have an average of about 30 warjack points, not 38. The Decimator is 18 points at most
>>
Are Mariner and Freebooter part resin now too?
>>
>>46774909

Does heroic knight games still have that Menoth all in one?
>>
>>46775290
How the fuck should I know? I don't know what that is.
>>
>>46774909
>tfw mine is doing extended March madness all this month
>40% off
Absolute. Madmen.
>>
>>46775328
>>46775328

Issaquah player spotted
>>
So sad those Quick Start rules haven't been posted yet.
>>
>>46776297
Be patient. You'll have more than you know what to do with soon
>>
>>46744393
dear op please stop being a faggot and include the exigence abridged lore
http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
>>
>>46776934
God, I forgot how good this was. And it's the most badass I've ever seen Venny portrayed ever. Someone needs to make a Waifu fucker Venethrax model.
>>
>>46775016

I got mostly 34-36ish when I checked last week
>>
>>46778052
Based on what? It is not an exact doubling. Juggernaut is 12 instead of 14. WJ points are said to be around 28-30.
>>
>>46778110

yeah I was just doubling mk2 values, that was before we knew the jugg points
>>
Yeah a Juggernaut is 12, so it makes sense if a Decimator is 16-18. That would give Kozlov WJ +28-30 which seems around the right area.
>>
>>46778379
that's still like 32. where did you get 38 WJ?
>>
>>46776934

Didn't make one for uh...uh....eKromacs book. Whatever that one is
>>
>>46778565

that guy wasn't me I think cryx ended up being highest at 36 though, and if I'm remember correctly legion and circle were 34
>>
>>46775016
How much do jacks cost in Warmachine Tactics? That's your yardstick.
>>
>>46778989
>Warmachine Tactics
Tactics has literally nothing to do with Mk3 balance.
>>
>>46779183
Tactics was developed at the same time as the early Mk 3 development, and you're likely to see some of the stuff in tactics in early Mk 3 builds. But it's been a while since then.
>>
>>46779268
Tactics wasn't made by PP and is universally reviled. Sure, they could use it but why? The scale is all wrong
>>
>>46779183
Jack costs so far are very similar in wmt and mk3. Don't be surprised if models that were in wmt start getting similar abilities. Stuff like the shock trooper shove and shoot, etc.
>>
>>46779411
Well, for example, the Disruption in warmachine tactics is pretty similar to Energy Leak in Reckoning. I doubt that's a coincidence.
>>
>>46779411
No, it's not universally reviled. The game is doing much better nowadays, actually. Again, pay attention to the post. I'm talking solely about what warjacks cost to field in wmt. Not that you'd know since you don't play it. So I'm here trying to educate you. So far, the point cost as far as jacks are concerned is very close to that of what they cost in wmt. Decimators cost about 18, yes. Something like that.
>>
>>46779411
Also, Matt Wilson closely supervised the game. Whitemoon ultimately made it up but he had a lot of say. Wouldn't be surprised if he suggested the Warjack point cost to see how well mk3 battlegroups do in this context.
>>
File: retribution.jpg (53 KB, 495x466) Image search: [Google]
retribution.jpg
53 KB, 495x466
Who /iPhone Elves/ here?
>>
>>46779452

>steelhead riflemen can move, aim and shoot in the same turn if they give up their next round of shooting

>steelhead halberdiers have forefend again

I'm okay with this
>>
>>46755880
>Decimator in the khador box is a fucking terrifying jack

I run it with andy, I can basically shoot any heavy off the table with out them being able to reach it.
>>
>>46780072

Tbh just give it powerful attack on the gun and it's balling out of control
>>
>>46780152
>powerful attack in MK3
lel
>>
>>46780152

I'd be happy to give up Powerful Attack in order to get Double Strike. Spend 1 focus to get 2 shots. Easy.
>>
I want to make a flier to hang up at my LGS to tell new people about Mark3. I want it to make people interested and maybe get some new players.

What should it say? Ideas for formatting or images I should use are welcome.
>>
>>46781084
>Steam-powered metal on metal violence refueled!
>>
File: Mark3 Flier3.png (7 MB, 1765x2284) Image search: [Google]
Mark3 Flier3.png
7 MB, 1765x2284
>>46781084
It's coming together.
>>
>>46782780
You need to have a fourth image of an obese man complaining about small robots.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.