[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /tg/ im gonna start playing 40k again and want to build a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 99120101096_DeathwingKnights01.jpg (47 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120101096_DeathwingKnights01.jpg
47 KB, 600x620
Sup /tg/ im gonna start playing 40k again and want to build a Dark Angels Deathwing Army advice tips?
>>
From a distance I though those were stormcast

Enjoy your mexican salsa marines anon
>>
>>46743975
replace the hooded heads with some grey knights helms or something, i personally find the deathwing knights standard heads terrible
>>
>>46743975
Get terminators.

Also Assault centurions in landraiders are scary. But this is coming from a vanilla marine player, idk about dark angels specifically.
>>
>>46743975

You can get them for cheap on eBay thanks to Dark Vengeance.
>>
>>46744108
dark angels don't get centurions
>>
>>46744067

I thought Crimson Fists were the salsa marines on account of their chapter master.
>>
>>46743975
Don't paint them canon colours.

The green and beige is certainly unique, but it's also just awful in my opinion.
>>
>>46744138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU

rap-salsa
>>
>>46744138
It's weird how that was never a thing until Kantor.

>>46744174
But Deathwing are supposed to be Native American?

That was odd.
>>
>>46744219
>That was odd.
space hulk is often a mexican standoff
>>
>>46744174

Thanks for reminding me some faggot who actually likes this song thought it would be a good idea to use and was allowed to do so.

I have zero hope for that game.

Just because "edgy" chanting or inception horns are "overdone" doesn't mean you just straight up slap some shitty female nignog salsa that doesn't even fit the genre. Stuff is overdone because it WORKS. It wouldn't become overdone if it was terrible and unfitting. Let's see if we ever get another ill-fitting combo like this again to the point it becomes overdone: Protip: it won't, because the major corporations are smarter than that. Whoa it's like I'm a mind reader!
>>
>>46744138
>spanish = mexican

Ameritard logic.
>>
>>46744174
>ay essay, i'm breaking into your space hulk
>>
>>46744374
That's a lot of anger
>>
>>46744811

Female rappers trigger me.
>>
>>46744259
Nice.
>>
>>46745056
it would be better without the vocals, though

those vocals are not good
>>
>>46744440
No one cares about your irrelevant moor country, Manolo.
>>
>>46745315
>implying mexico is relevant
The closest thing to relevance mexico has is being next to the US. At least Spain was a world power once
>>
>>46743975
can DA terminators get power swords? if so, stormcast ernals with a headswap would make some neat deathwing

other advice: get the dark vengeance box if you haven't already. It comes with a handful of dark angels, including five terminators, the core rulebook, and a bunch of chaos stuff you can practice your painting on, or sell on ebay if such is your preference.
>>
>>46745855
You're both irrelevant

Everyone except the us and it's enemies are pretty much just background noise
>>
>>46744114
Those models may look good, but their loadouts are fairly shitty.
>>
>>46744374
Nigga

This game is being may by the frogs who made FUCKING E.Y.E

IT IS GOING TO BE EXCELLENT. COCAINE WILL NOT GIVE YOU A HIGH LIKE WHAT AWAITS US.
>>
>>46745954
As very cool as E.Y.E. was, I found it kind of unplayable unless you skip out on all the cool stuff.

It really was the biggest shame for me simply because the game had so many great ideas but the interface was so fidgety and took so long to navigate that it fell flat.

But maybe this time they have enough brozouf to see their idea to completion.

I remain hopeful.
>>
>>46745908
>You're
>Implying I'm spanish or mexican.
I'm from shitpost country m8
>>
>>46745954

EYE was shit. They made heavy armor too slow and light armor too fast. Hacking was also retarded.

EYE wasn't actually shit.
>>
>>46746002
How do you have to skip out on the cool stuff? The game is complicated at first, but so is Dark Souls. Besides having a challenge for once is nice.
>>
>>46746103

I think he means ignoring most of the non-must have upgrades and game functions. I remember when I played I just ignored everything and picked the best gun, best armor type, and best implants (mostly speed and leg implants or something, and invisibility I think).
>>
>>46743975

Deathwing is suprisingly fragile, and requires perfect play otherwise youre going to get drowned out by sheer weight of enemy fire.

In my opinion shooty terminators are better than assault terminators. The venerable dread in the formation is worth its weight in gold. My Belial has yet to do anything noteworthy beyond reliably getting a deepstrike in, my deathwing knights are cool and the only tough unit in my list.
>>
>>46746119
See I just maxed the fuck out of speed for heavy armor and ran around going full dirty harry with a shitload of magnum rounds. Unfortunately I always sucked at hacking and often got possessed by doors.
>>
>>46744174
>The EYE devs

Well, ya. They're fucking insane. That's game is gonna be great.
>>
>>46746158

I think I went light armor, SMG, long range rifle, full speed, invisibility, and I used some kind of preset hacking combo that automatically beat hacks. Tougher ones took more combo repetitions but it would eventually unlock.
>>
>>46746248
I went heavy armor and just carried around that Gatling gun

I liked to think that it was what being a terminator felt like.
>>
>>46746303
>I went heavy armor and just carried around that Gatling gun

What's it like to play Molasses Simulator?
>>
>>46745908
>Sounds Israeli
>Implying he's American
>Only real world power is China.
>>
>>46743975
My advise as a Deathwing player is to get Ravenwing instead and spare yourself the pain.

But if you really set your heart on them specify how much Deathwing will it be.

Pure Deathwing ? Or perhaps with Ravenwing elements ? Or as a small part of your regular army ? Do you want to use Land Raiders ? What are your feelings on Imperial Knights ?
>>
>>46744374
this autism

the trailer is great and the song goes with it perfectly, cool your jets for fuck sake, it's not meant to be edgy. it's just meant to show how there's some action, that being badass action going on in the trailer
>>
>>46744219
> until Kantor

There is no 'until Kantor', he was the space marine commander in the sample scenario for the 1st edition rulebook. He has been a character in 40k as long as 40k has existed.
>>
>>46746434
>song goes with it perfectly

Yeah, no. This isn't Necromunda.
>>
>>46744165
>>46744067
Can you not simply play a Dark Angels successor chapter with a better colour scheme instead of the Dark Angels themselves?
>>
>>46747075
>better color than bone white

Do you not revere our ancestors?
>>
>>46747252
I think angels of absolution all ear bone white so there's that.
>>
>>46744174
>that
>salsa
You have the dumbs.
>>
>>46746322
Sweet as
>>
File: Eye_c16652_5407299.png (172 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
Eye_c16652_5407299.png
172 KB, 500x566
>>46746322
>what is CYBER SPEED
Also notable for best rendition of assault cannons ever in anything if you used the targeting upgrade. Fucking sniper minigun.
>>
>>46747028
Someone's legs aren't ok.
>>
>>46743975
You can't. A pure Deathwing army is forced to go into reserve and as such you will auto-lose turn 1.

Enjoy!
>>
>>46744138
Wasn't it spanish based?
>>
>>46745855
And occupied by Arabs for, what was it, 600 years?
>>
>>46751009
>occupied
How was occupied when it didn't exist?
>>
>>46750675
Drop pod a ven dread or two. Not like they dont suck but it solves the null deployment problem
>>
File: 1460886549374.jpg (248 KB, 1600x1155) Image search: [Google]
1460886549374.jpg
248 KB, 1600x1155
>>46744174
>Everybody saying it's Mexico
>The last part of the song is straight from the spanish Holy Week on the peninsula
Retards everywhere
>>
File: Deathwing Old Guy.png (121 KB, 1177x651) Image search: [Google]
Deathwing Old Guy.png
121 KB, 1177x651
Relevant post made a few days ago...

If your gunna Deathwing, put your heart and soul into it like based Deathwing Old Guy.
>>
File: 1456785009528.jpg (43 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1456785009528.jpg
43 KB, 500x453
>>46752435
...oh wait.
>>
Make sure to have plenty of SS/TH, CMLs and ACs. Power swords are pretty silly I wouldn't bother. I like to put Ezekiel in with Command. Belial/Chap with Knights. Can't stress enough how good LRCs can be when backing up Term+Interr Chap can be but don't make them dedicated transports no real point imo. Make sure to run plenty of dreads too, I prefer shooty dreads so I don't need to run vanilla LRs.
Ravenwing Knights/Typhoons/Attack bikes work a treat too if you need to squeeze extra armour crushing stuff.

Take my advice for what its worth, I love deathwing. I only play casual/friendly games though and this is also based on my own experiences. Best of luck on your adventure into the greatest chapter
>>
Also, you fucking heretics need to read up on your lore
>>
>>46752435
>Has a dreadnought named for his dead wife
> Built the fucking Deathwing with his family to cope with the loss
>Is proudest of the messed up ones made by his grandson

I just imagine that if Mr. Rogers played 40k, this would be close to what he would look like.

A nice old man playing one of the most iconic armies in the game with nothing but love in every brushstroke. God damn it warms my Unforgiven heart.
>>
How do deathwing players feel about Contemptors in their Deathwing armies? They cost a lot more which can be tricky to fit in the list but bring an immense amount of more fire power and survivability.
>>
>>46754004
I don't like them for aesthetic reasons. I got into DW/DA because I loved the christmas marines look from old white dwarf army shots, and so the retcon of contemptors into 40k sort of rubs me the wrong way from a "traditional" standpoint. Also I think they look like humpty-dumpty. Not like washing machine dreads look "better" but they fit with my trapped-in-time vision of 40k
>>
>>46744174
Pretty good song desu familia
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.