[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Rampant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: OWGDragonRampantV1.jpg (196 KB, 1087x1465) Image search: [Google]
OWGDragonRampantV1.jpg
196 KB, 1087x1465
So, Dragon Rampant.

Saw it at my LGS and was curious about it.

So what does /tg/ think of this game?
>>
>>46738445
So...
No input?
none at all?
>>
>>46739972

Your thread is the first I've heard of it. Not sure what to make of it, but I know Osprey also makes Frostgrave, so wargaming rules from them might be neat.
>>
Damn, I didn't even know Osprey made wargames.
>>
>>46738445
its neet
I have been using it to play wargames in the runescape setting with my kids.
>>
>>46740467
To be fair, this was news to me too.
>>
>>46740520
>its neet
glad to hear some positive feedback on this game.

I was really hoping that it would be good.
>>
iirc lion rampart was disliked by /hwg/ and this is just a fantasy reskin
>>
>>46745484
Let me take a wild guess,

/hwg/ hated lions rampart because it was too broadly generalized, right?

didn't matter if your units were swinging a hammer or a sword, it all did the same damage?

If so then wouldn't a fantasy re-skin be perfect for it? since then it's not nearly as difficult to incorporate a person's wildest and fantastical concepts into the game as it would if the mechanics were more detailed?

It's a crazy thought I know.
>>
>>46746328
you seem angry friend.
>>
>>46745484
Why?
>>
>>46738445
>>46739972
>>46745484
>>46746328

The engagement scale is fairly small, but at the same times the rules are not very detailed, so it kind of misses the mark for me.

If I'm going to play what's essentially a small warband skirmish game, I want cool rules and abilities, if I'm playing a mass combat game I want streamlined rules and lots of maneuvering.

Dragon Rampant/Lion Rampant is neither.

Personally, I would recommend Frostrgrave or Lord of the rings instead. Frostgrave is fun, you level up a character, and has the appeal of using whatever minis you like, LotR has characters, cool rules and does small warband combat really well.
>>
>>46746328
Nope, /hwg/ is unfavourable to it due to the turn system being capable of stopping you doing anything on a failed roll at the start of a turn.

Abstraction of hand weaponry is common practice in historical games.

>>46740467
>>46740044

They don't make them, they just publish. Random people make the games, so there's absolutely no consistent quality in anything but looks. Some are good, some are dire, most are fairly mediocre and suffer from lack of playtesting.
>>
>>46738445
More importantly..does anybody have the pdf?
>>
>>46750750
Sadly, I do not, just a physical copy. Which is great for me, but not so great for sharing with others over the internet.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.