[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unorthodox Army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tg40k.jpg (271 KB, 1200x943) Image search: [Google]
tg40k.jpg
271 KB, 1200x943
I need to be frank with you /tg/ I'm a little edgy...

I want to play 40k on the table top, but I don't want to be "just another" space marine chapter, ork tribe, craftworld or whatever.

I want to play something that is more unique yet sound rule wise and lore wise, say; green skinned Space Marines that act Orky and even have a retinue of Ork cannon fodder, Chaos Eldar that worship a god so Slaanesh won't eat there soul, or Human Fire Warriors.

What do you think is a good idea for an unusual yet agreeable army ?
>>
Tau sometimes have humans who have defected, Chaos Space Marines are fucky, just make a chapter of your own space marines like the "Nice Marines" and use the standard Space Marine Codex
>>
File: 1377064533424.jpg (167 KB, 700x547) Image search: [Google]
1377064533424.jpg
167 KB, 700x547
>>46736742
>Tau sometimes have humans who have defected, Chaos Space Marines are fucky, just make a chapter of your own space marines like the "Nice Marines" and use the standard Space Marine Codex
But will OP still be able to get Daemon Support then?
>>
>>46736710
Famous ones: Red Fantasy Orks for Bloodletters, make an Ork Khorne Daemonkin army.

Grots with imperial guard guns for imperial guard (renegade grots from gorkamorka).

Imperial Guard with Tau guns for Gue'vesa Tau army. Usually you stick comlinks on their heads.

Skaven for Imperial Guard or Dark Eldar, they have a wide range of models and their abominations work for Ogryn or DE monsters.

Imperial Guard and Sisters of Battle for Necrons, using Necron guns. The Oldcrons infected mankind with the null disease, and made humans into Pariahs so they are just throwbacks.

Ork Kommandos for Tempestus Scions, whole army of sneaky Orks dropping from the sky.
Ork assassins are also popular.

Lizardmen (now Seraphon) for Nids.
>>
One I have seen is using the Xenomorph toyline from Alien vs. Predators for nids. They make decent Genestealers and Hivetyrants.
>>
>>46736710
>I want to play a nonsensical army solely for the sake of being a special snowflake
>is this unusual enough and will people hate my guts?

Why must neckbeards be so oblivious? Human Fire Caste? This is female Space Marine level nonsense, man.
>>
>>46738343
They are just highly integrated into Tau society, no reason to get your panties in a bunch.
>>
>>46738462

I think you should learn more about "Tau society" before mouthing off or trying to homebrew. That's like saying transgenders are "highly integrated" into their genitals.
>>
>>46738462
>I'm going to take a caste system based race that kills its members for even venturing a tiny bit outside their cast role
>and I'm going to totally ignore the caste system and insert the lowest ranking race into the second most prestigious caste
>INTEGRATION!
>>
One big game of "spot the space marines player."
>>
Kroot army

Blood Axe Waaagh dressed in IG armor, with a Kommissar Warboss and barely looted IG tanks

Pretty sure Chaos Eldar exists from RT. So do Chaos Orks.
>>
>>46738521
not a great analogy right there champ.

OP this feels wrong. In WHFB you could get more mileage from unit swapping, but in all honesty it's just kind of confusing in 40k.

The thing is, the malleable archetypes that work in fantasy don't necessarily work for scifi. Orks are orks, space marines are space marines, it's simpler that way.

>green skinned space marines

That sounds pretty dumb. Piccolo marines ftl.

>Chaos Eldar
You mean dark eldar? The thing is, most eldar are designed to combat chaos. They're too warp sensitive not to get eaten immediately by the Ruinous Powers. Nurgledar/Tzeentchdar sound equally daft. ALTHOUGH Khaine and Khorne have similarities, + so how about subtle allusions to 8, and anti-Slaanesh tech.

>Human Fire Warriors.

Sure, they're called Guevsa and they're not really Fire caste as such, and more like indentured mercenaries, levy soldier. Although you're going to have to do a ton of research into the Tau system + ensure that the motif is right, otherwise you're fucked. Also Human Bounty Hunters, not guevsa, ftw.

That said, customised Chaos is quite fun.

There's a really interesting Cthulu inspired daemon GD entry.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.