[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: it's a pirate's life for me.jpg (418 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
it's a pirate's life for me.jpg
418 KB, 1000x1333
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Just a charsheet w/o permission request shenanigans
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

The sea! What oceanic stuff have you done. Boats, fish, fights, mollusks, islands, spirits. Anyone managed to punch Siakal in her stupid face?
>>
>>46736403
Haven't done much with ocean stuff. Always wanted to play a pirate king kind of game though.

My wife wants to play an exalt raised by squid though.
>>
>>46736403
>Anyone managed to punch Siakal in her stupid face?

Maybe in some other campaign. My current Zenith was actually initiated into sorcery by Siakal, and sends her regular sacrifices, so she's pretty grateful to the goddess.
>>
The only thing an Eclipse can best all others at, Sailing!
>>
>>46736403

running a 3e game on West right now.

haven't gotten far enough to have any far-flung crazy shit, but it's still been pretty good. everyone in the party basically wants to be pirate king there.
>>
I'd love to do a oceanic game, but right now it looks like we're sticking around Thorns for a while.
>>
>>46736675
Thorns does seem to be a bit of a focal point for conventional heroes vs tyrant Exalted stories, doesn't it?

Did anyone notice that 3e has muddled the timeline a bit?

p.65: Thorns was conquered a year after the Empress disappeared.
p73: The Empress disappeared five years ago.
p89: Thorns was conquered seven years ago.

Aside from p89, nothing's changed from the previous editions, but personally I quite like the idea that Thorns being conquered was a thing that happened a while ago. Makes it less of a "this is a bad thing that happened, you should get on with fixing it" point in the setting. Even if your Solar used to live in Thorns, they had at least two or three years to just have to live with the idea that it belongs to the Mask of Winters now.
>>
The only Solar in my circle concerned with freeing Thorns is too busy being a hedonistic kleptomaniac to actually do anything about it. He believes he has been possessed by an evil demon and is finding it very liberating.
>>
>>46737450
Ouch. That's gonna be one hell of a moral hangover.
>>
>>46737450
I like it. More character concepts should acknowledge that the Immaculate Philosophy is effectively fact to most people.
>>
So I'm making an artifact that is basically a blade of Mercy nonlethal weapon but I'm having trouble asigning cost to an evocation. Basically it makes an attack deal just enough damage to knock someone out, so if a target has five health levels left and an attack rolls seven successes it only deals four lethal and one bashing damage instead of seven lethel
>>
>>46736403

I made a sharknado for my own game before.
>>
>>46737964
Can't you just say you spare them?
Filling the last health level only means they're defeated, not necessarily killed.
>>
So the other day my friend told me to post the story about how my Eclipse became an Abyssal. I heard there was interest in this Storytime.
>>
>>46738306
Yes, we love stories here.
>>
>>46738306
Stories is literally the only thing my putrid heart cares about.
>>
>>46737530
It's funny actually, he's mostly been gaining limit by being a nice guy in contrast to a lot of these beliefs. He believes he's a demon and tries very hard to do what he wants, but his first instinct when the ship he's on hits a rock is still to offer to pay for repairs.
>>
>>46738331
>>46738416
So first, let me give some context. I'll give you the important cast of this game.

>Anju, the Six Fisted Sanguine: Our Dawn caste. A brutal brawler who can grapple improbably large creatures, wrestle with lightning, and drink an entire brewery. She's scrappy, a little dumb, and full of a deep love of life and fun.
> Genjo, the Even-Scaled Surgeon is our Twilight, a man who has made it literally impossible for any individual our party can personally get to to die. A medicine supernal, he has been solely responsible for obviating our understanding of Exalted lethality as we know it.
>Pebble the Boulder is our Zenith, though he spends less time leading and more time just being a ridiculously chill Buddhist type carpenter who preaches the value of abstemiously clean living. He is bald with white eyebrows and wears a white robe. Basically Zenith Mr. Clean.
>Hassar. The Night, who is a Night Caste and does Dawn things. If you thought he was a night caste, you were wrong.
>Sunset Ember, My Character, the Eclipse. A strong willed diplomat from a former warrior culture who constantly doubts her own ability to lead since she was pretty much a glorified majordomo/knight for her king. Has steadfastly refused to acknowledge that she is in fact not an awful person.
>The ST, A character in his own right, and the man responsible for the Character Sheet autism regularly added to these threads. He loves Exalted more than he loves a lot of things that aren't Exalted.
>>
>>46737169

I don't think any of our games have had people interested in freeing Thorns. The Mask of Winters seems badass enough that dealing with Thorns keeps getting put off in the name of survival.
>>
>>46738662
For some context, our game begins in the West, where our first order of business is hijacking a pirate ship filled to the brim with jade, and a McGuffin of world-shaking proportions. The McGuffin will be a story for another time, but needless to say, activating it in the West caused a war between several Western gods and a Lesser Elemental Dragon who all wanted a piece of the delicious McGuffin powers.

This destroyed a huge portion of the West, which we escaped by hitching an accidental ride on a fairy island which dropped us off somewhere in the far Northeast.

While we were there, it didn't take long to run into Abyssals or Deathlords, in fact, the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears was relatively nearby, and after hearing about some veritable catastrophe from which a caravan of ghosts ten thousand strong was fleeing from, we figured it'd be best to talk to her about it given our penchant for causing catastrophes (A small cutout of the North is now subtropical due to our accidental influence.)

Now, this went relatively well, negotiations were handled with grace and care, the only snag was the Lover's request for the information we were looking for and the access to a map of Northern shadowlands.

She wanted to go on a date with Sunset Ember.
>>
>>46738799
Panic ensued which boiled down to dire warnings from the Sidereal mentor of the Gold Faction who guided our Twilight about the Eclipse ending up dead or worse, and ultimately culminated in a haphazard half-assed plan for my character's rescue (should it be necessary) by Anju (who had actually grown rather close to my character, the Dawn was a reliable constant in her life, willing to work with her and usually pretty good about following Sunset's requests), and Hassar. The rescue was something of a disaster, my character got out, but a diplomatic incident arose after I used Demon Wracking Shout on the Lover's ghost army.

We escaped... but not before Sunset was shown a shard that reflected the essence of Oblivion and was given a minor tie of fascination with death. Queue dramatic escape, and the Shout after Sunset sees her monkey-girl best friend/totally not gay bedwarmer cut the hell up by a Single Point stylist's instant murder chops.

Following the rescue, we immediately went into a lengthy "skip" of time during which we could decide what our characters did, how it went down, and what the effects were.

Sunset chose to go exploring in the underworld to try and understand that shard of oblivion she had seen better, and to unravel the mysteries of the Abyssal Exalted.
>>
File: 1452397939080.jpg (17 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
1452397939080.jpg
17 KB, 348x342
What are Lesser Elemental Dragons?
>>
>>46738982

Elemental dragons, but not that great.
>>
>>46738942
Here's where the story gets dramatic. First weeks, then months are spent in the underworld, and the party begins to question Sunset's sanity. She unearths the memories of ancient ruins, plumbs the forgotten waterways of the Underworld, leads expeditions of ghosts into vast and terrible caverns full of lore best left forgotten. All she reads points to a pilgrimage taken by some of the enlightened thinkers among underworld ghost-savants. A forgotten religious quest to the very center of the Underworld, to seek enlightenment at the edge of Oblivion among the corpses of ancient and terrible beings who had no beginning, and it seems no end.

We had already talked about wanting this fall to be just as narratively relevant as an Abyssal being "redeemed." So we ditched the 2e lore for it and came up with something more meaningful.

Nearly a year later and Sunset was ready for her own pilgrimage to the edge of Oblivion. Her only remaining task was a sorcerous working before she left. A cask of endless mead for Anju, her friend and confidant. A letter requesting she not be followed. A heartfelt hope that upon her return, despite the fact that Anju disagreed with her new obsession with the Underworld, that they might remain close after her journey had ended and she had returned.

And so she went, traveling weeks along the rivers of Lethe on a ship manned by ghosts she had bargained with, built specifically for this purpose of sailing deep into the underworld.

And there, at the river's mouth, she finally arrived. Stygia, the great city of the dead at the end of all things. Bone white towers, glittering cavern ceilings that sometimes could be mistaken for the night sky, where "stars" danced in a weird and endless pattern, and the gasps of dead things sounded from the pit.
>>
File: 1452397669326.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1452397669326.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>46739146
What are Elemental Dragons?
>>
>>46738982
They're really strong elementals, now shut the fuck up during storytiem
>>
>>46739210
dragons, but elemental
>>
>>46738179
At least in 2e last health level full of bashing meant KO, lethal meant bleeding out, and aggravated meant full on dead. And no I don't think hitting someone with a sword and just choosing not to kill them is a thing people can do
>>
>>46739159
A single ghost greeted her, wrapped in a long cloak and funeral garb as she disembarked. It was as though he was waiting for her.

>"What business do you have in Stygia, friend? Why do you come here from the land of the living?"

A pause, as though confused. Sunset looks back and with a touch of uncertainty responds.

>"Why does anybody come here?"

>"Well, as far as ghosts are concerned this is the... er... "liveliest" place in the underworld."

>"I... am here following in the footsteps of pilgrims. I seek the end of all things, perhaps once I have seen it, I will be free of fear."

>"There is plenty to fear, even in the face of oblivion itself pilgrim. Come, you look like you could use a drink."

They go to a bar and sip the wine of the underworld. Finally the ghost speaks.

>"Nobody should be eager to see the end of all things, once you've seen it, you know, that's it. It will change you to your core. You will need to make a choice, and no matter the choice you make, you will be changed."

Sunset has always had a stubborn streak, so with a little bit of snideness towards the ghost in question she responds.

>"In my studies, I have found that it seems all that lives in Creation will eventually find their way down the rivers to this place. I would rather confront the end I am destined to meet as a voice rather than a mere echo."

>"So be it pilgrim, the steps are at the lowest wards of the city. Go and meet your choice. It may be the last choice you ever make."
>>
>>46737169
>Did anyone notice that 3e has muddled the timeline a bit?
I bet the Sidereals did this.
>>
>>46738179
>>46739417

In 3e, filling your last lethal level means you're either dead or dying, give or take an ST call.

So there is merit in a Charm to avoid that, but it probably shouldn't cost much. Like, honestly, an attunement benefit to have the sword deal bashing damage that doesn't roll over would work.
>>
>>46739435
Time stretches into something undefinable in the Labyrinth. Sunset began losing track of the minutes, the moments becoming lost. She did not need to eat, or sleep, or drink. She could have been there for hours, or days, wandering halls where whispers hissed at her around dark corners... till finally she heard the sounds of battle behind her and was met with a familiar face.

>Anju, the Dawn cast.
>Fucked up and seriously hurt.
>Out of fucking nowhere.
>Burning at bonfire Anima.
>WTF are you doing here.jpg?

>Monkey girl is like "Let's get the -fuck- out of this shithole." Her exact verbatim words.

Cue an argument in which Sunset demands that she's going to finish this.

>"Why?" Says Anju "This isn't you, you don't need to do this, you don't need to -be- this way. There's so much to life and the things you've accomplished that you're missing!"

> "I need to save our city, I need to know what is waiting for all of us, I need to know how it all ends!"

>"The only person bringing Death to our city is you. Your journey doesn't have to be defined by the ending, Sunset!"

A roll occurs to persuade my character, at this point, I decide that she's way too invested in this journey, so despite Anju's success, I enter a decision point and spend a willpower.

>"I'm sorry, Anju, but I won't let you stop me, not here. Not when I'm so close!"

Battle is joined, and in the second round we enter a clash. One of the most fucking feelsy stunts of all times happens. Using that one charm that lets you raise your parry by more if you use a stunt to like, pick up a table leg or something... Sunset's Kiai is blocked... by that cask of endless booze, shattering the symbol of their friendship.

>Fail the clash.
>In the four, tender, murderous arms of our grappling monkey girl.
>WHELP. THAT WAS A FUN ADVENTURE INTO DARKNESS GUESS I'M GOING HOME NOW.
>From the ST's side of the room we hear "Not so fast. Something else has a turn." Anju's player pauses his fuckening roll.
>>
>>46739748
A ghost, ancient and terrible strode from the Labyrinth in some forgotten corridor wielding a soulsteel Daiklave and leveling at Anju.

>"You will not impede the pilgrim, Lawgiver. Her choice is hers to make."

>Anju just goes like "fuck that noise you creepy shitlord" and drops the grapple on Sunset to go in.
>Riggity Rekt.jpg. Her wound penalties are just too high, the ghost crashes her with its Daiklave and avoids her attacks before hitting her with a sorcery. Mists of Eventide.
>goodnight sweet monkeygirl.

It's at this point that the ghost begins advancing on Anju with Daiklave raised and Sunset begins to have second thoughts. She tries to bargain, she pleads, she reasons with the ghost.

>Anju's not a threat anymore.
>Please, she's important to me.
>Have a crowned king of eternity to convince you maybe she can take this pilgrimage later.

The ghost looks at Sunset pitilessly.

>"This being of light will never walk these halls with the intent and potential you do. Now continue your journey, this no longer concerns you... or are words all you have to stop me?"

>"To stop you from killing my friend... words are all I need!"
>Demon wracking shout. Ghost takes 14 health levels of damage. Takes a knee, stands up. "Is that ALL YOU HAVE lawgiver?! Is this really your choice?"
>Roll limit for going against now defining intimacies involving death. Break. Enter berserk anger.
>Time for this ghost to get fucked.

Combat goes really well and I end up dunking the remaining 4 health levels this thing has after hitting an initiative shift and slamming him with 30 initiative worth of damage. Anju is freed from Mists of Eventide.

>"Don't try and stop me, you can barely stand. I'm finishing this one way or another."

Anju just winces, severely injured from her ordeal.

>"Fine... but I'm coming with you."
>"You don't have to do that... what I'm-- What I'm about to see... you don't need to look at it, you might not want to."
>"Fuck, that's why the gods gave us eyelids"
>>
>>46739748

>mfw that cliffhanger.
>>
>>46739975
Finally, we reach it, the very edge of the labyrinth, a baroque mausoleum entrance of stone and twisted flesh leading into a somewhat darkened room. This is the moment, the time of enlightenment.

>Sunset looks at Anju one more time. "You can wait here, you don't have to come in with me."

>The monkey girl rips a piece of her robe off and wraps it over her eyes. "No, I've come this far with you."
>Takes my character's arm "Let's go."

Enter a room... remarkably plain. A medium sized cavern with a pit at the center. There's a stone platform that leads out over the pit, with eager steps, Sunset walks forward and looks over the edge. I'm breathlessly looking at the ST at this point, it's been an intense ride getting here and I'm super excited for this moment.

>What do I see?

>Nothing.

>You mean like the metaphysical existential nothing at the end of all things... or like--

>No. I mean like nothing, you think you can see like, a floor at the bottom of the pit to be honest.

>... What the actual fuck?
>>
>>46740098
That disappointment would turn anyone into an infernal.
>>
File: 200_s (1).gif (25 KB, 353x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s (1).gif
25 KB, 353x200
>>46740098

I roll some reflexive Occult+Intelligence rolls. I start plumbing the depths of my lore. I do everything I can think of. Sunset is furious, pacing, hissing, filled with rage that she's being cheated out of her own enlightenment. The ST finally speaks up.

>After you make your sorcerous calculations, after you look at the room, into the pit, try and figure things out you realize something. The room is too bright. You can see your caste-mark guttering and flickering, dim, but still glowing in this place.

Sunset loses it.

>"After all this time, after all this effort, this cursed light is preventing me from seeing what I came here to see? My pilgrimage ends because of this damnable light?! I can't even seek death without failure!"
>Anju speaks up, my character turns. Her dawn caste mark is burning bright, unhindered by the darkness here.
>"Maybe you don't see anything because you're not part of this place! Maybe you don't see it because there's nothing to see! Come on... let's get out of here."

At this point I'm freaking, because I know EXACTLY what's about to happen, and the DM looks at me and says. "That's when you realize, looking into Anju's blindfolded face is blinding... it's not your cast mark that's obscuring the darkness, it's hers."

AW FUCK MAN... AW FUUUUUCK MAN.
>Look at Anju's player.
>DUUUUDE FUCK SUNSET MIGHT LEGITIMATELY KILL ANJU RIGHT NOW... ARE YOU SERIOUSLY OKAY WITH THIS?

>I mean, like, I'm not okay with Anju dying like a bitch or anything, but me and the ST talked it over, and after we gave it a good discussion, we decided we wanted to make this meaningful. So like, I -hope- you don't, but I'm cool with leaving the choice in your hands.
>mfw
>Bro you need to make a persuade check to save your life... LIKE... PLEASE MAN. MAKE THIS PERSUADE CHECK.
>I apply all the things logical to the character. Obsession with death, stubborn boar defense, I don't spend any motes though. Sitting at 11 resolve.
>He doesn't make it.
>M.F.W
>>
>>46740343

>WAIT! I say as though I can change this outcome. I have a major intimacy of affection towards Anju! That will reduce my resovle by...
>The ST looks at me with sadness in his eyes. "Two. That puts you at nine... Looks like this is on you."

I'm sweating, heart pounding, I'm tortured by the possibility of what's about to happen. After a few moments of silence... I know what I have to do.

>Sunset collapses onto Anju for support, tears streaming down her face into her friend's fur. "Why!? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE HERE!?"

>Anju pauses, confused... she gives Sunset a light pat on the head and smiles. "Because... you're my friend. And you don't belong here."

>Sunset sobs for several seconds... reaches up... takes away the blindfold to look into Anju's eyes...
>"N-no... Anju you don't understand... My light... it's going out, it's barely hanging on. I do belong here..."
>Places hands on her friend's shoulders.
>"You're the one that's too bright..."
> A moment of hesitation... her eyes streaming with tears.
>"I'm... I'm so sorry!"
>Push. Anju falls off the edge, into the pit... into Oblivion.

>There's no anger on her face... just innocent confusion. Did Sunset trip? Was it an accident? Why did this happen? You wouldn't have done this on purpose right? She sinks... and keeps sinking. Her dawn cast light shining past the "floor" that Sunset saw before... till a gaping maw of nothingness eats the bottom of the pit and the full glory of Oblivion stretches out below as Sunset cries over the edge of oblivion.

>JESUS.... Well. I guess that's it... I guess she's an Abyssal now.

>The ST looks at me, and shakes his head. "No... that wasn't the choice."

>Oh fuck... There's more torture yet to endure. I look at him without comprehension. What else could I -possibly- endure for this plot?
>>
>>46740570
It's at this point I should mention this ST is a genius. Most of this session has been me RPing with Anju's player. Just a back and forth between us with occasional hooks thrown in by the ST to see how we react. So when he said that I had yet to really make the choice I knew I was about to really feel and but good.

>"You see the light of Anju's spirit, hovering near this maw of infinite blackness... It stands still for a moment, just a moment, and then rises slowly at first, but gathering speed... eventually it lifts itself free of Oblivion and, you know instinctively, that it is escaping the Labyrinth as it continues rising skyward, for whatever "skyward" means in this horrible place. Your choice lies before you... even now Sunset recognizes she could turn back... yet the terrible mouth of Oblivion is there. Does she turn her eyes towards the sun? Or does she gaze into the darkness."

>Sunset does what she always does. She blames herself, she tortures her own emotions, she cries helplessly into the pit. Her eyes don't leave because she can't bear to look anywhere else. Teardrops fall for days into oblivion as she mourns what she has done.

>In this moment, despite the tears, the mourning, the grief, the shame... staring into darkness... you finally feel comfort.

>Leave the labyrinth. Ghost waiting at the steps of Stygia as though I am expected. Stares at my character, her face stained by tears.

>"You look like you could use a drink, Death Knight. It seems your trial was particularly difficult."

>Go with him. He explains my new duties as an Abyssal, to be a guardian and lawgiver of the Underworld and ensure that its ties to creation never cease.

>"What do I call you... Death Knight?"

>"For days I have shed tears at the edge of Oblivion in mourning of what I myself destroyed... I am the Tearstained Singer Who Drowns in Truth."

>Begin the long trip by boat back to the rest of the party.

>WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO TELL THEM?
>>
>>46740770
>Arrive back at base camp.
>Put on funeral garb so I can withstand the light of the sun.
>contact rest of the party, except of course Anju, and head up to our meeting room.
>They all begin to show, some showing discomfort at my appearance.
>Truth looks at them, and begins to speak.
>"Anju is--"

>"What about me?" Anju says as she walks into the room.
>Truth feels elation, joy, euphoria. She's so incredibly happy. So incredibly happy that she didn't--
>... She murdered her. She murdered Anju, her friend.

>"I got your letter, thanks for the-- cask... are you okay? You look pale."

>Genjo looks at Sunset. "You've been gone for months... Did you get anything by going down there? Except this new perspective on life and death you're telling us about?"

>"All I left to find was a new perspective on life and death."

>"Well... I'm glad at least that your journey had a purpose."

There is a pause, as Truth leaves the room, her eyes linger on Anju for a moment... then turn to Genjo.

>"Unfortunately... some journeys are defined by their endings."
>Swish funeral garb... end scene.

Fin.
>>
>>46740915
How cute is Anju? How cute is Genjo? How cute is Truth?
>>
>>46740969
/exg/ ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>46740969
Genjo is-- Honestly I have no idea what his appearance is. I think it's a three or a four. I picture him as this gruff medic with like, five o'clock shadow with a self deprecating humor.

Anju is a four armed monkey girl. She's kind of like a /fit/ girl.

Truth is probably pretty attractive in a skinny kind of way. I wouldn't call her cute, her descriptors would probably be things like "striking" or "elegant" or "graceful". She's a tall flamenco dancer with dfc and some serious hips. And now she's probably got a running mascara theme going. On account of being "tearstained".
>>
>>46740915
>Anju is alive for no reason
Who wrote this? Steven Moffat? Seems like a cheap ending for a story about death.
>>
>>46741077
Anju, to clarify, is probably very very adorable to those who like muscular women and have an obsession with touching fluffy tail.
>>
>>46741077
>dancer with dfc and some serious hips.
How much seriousness are we talking about?
>>
>>46741083
She didn't die in the first place idiot, her appearance in the underworld was part of the test and her decision.
But that doesn't undo Sunset's choice, and Truth's new perspective.
>>
>>46741105
But monkeys dont have fluffy tails...
>>
>>46741083
Anju is alive, because, as my ST put it...

"If she's dead, Sunset can forget about it and let it drift into the past. This way, she has to see the person she murdered every day, she has to live with her choice every time she sees Anju's face. She can't escape the decision she made."
>>
>>46741122
As the grave.
>>
>>46741077
>Anju is a four armed monkey girl.

I don't believe that this was mentioned in the introductory post. Suddenly references to one were confusing.
>>
>>46741122
Not quite Chel. But not that far off.
>>
>>46741139
Damn, that sounds pretty metal and fitting, while allowing the other player to keep their character.
>>
>>46741139
That's some great post hoc justification that conveniently means there are no actual consequences.
>>
>>46741161
YEAH.

IN RETROSPECT. I probably should have opened with that.
>>
>>46741170
>Not quite Chel
I'm gonna link this to my storyteller, and he'll copy your character so I can do lewd things to her
>>
>>46740915
Amazing story anon, thanks for sharing, and well-written too.
>>
>>46741198
Well, no. It wasn't post-hoc. It was literally planned that way. The important part of the whole thing was that the consequences were entirely personal to the character. Sunset killed Anju and was reborn as Truth. The consequences of that are very very real to Truth.

The consequences never needed to affect everybody, they only ever needed to affect Truth.
>>
>>46741256
You're very welcome, anon. To be entirely honest, it was hands down the fucking coolest moment I've ever had in tabletop. Hands down.
>>
>>46741427
could i bother you to post the sheet of Truth?
>>
>>46741228
Rofl, if a romance blossoms let me know.

For science.
>>
>>46741477
I haven't finished making alterations, but yeah. I can create a copy and share it.
>>
>>46740915

Is nobody going to cap this?
>>
>>46741606

Why don't you?
>>
>>46741640

On my phone, I'm afraid.
>>
>>46741477
>>46741524
As requested. Here is Truth's character sheet. Her intimacies are current, but all her charms are still Solar charms (though likely flavored spooky).
>>
>>46742456
I forgot to link things because I am literal trash beyond reckoning Christ.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gjWDPMGMfbSzkXfc2d7FrQS5AeLA8SYbh3JWOFD2Ubs
>>
>>46742487
>https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gjWDPMGMfbSzkXfc2d7FrQS5AeLA8SYbh3JWOFD2Ubs
sweet my man i'll make sure to tell you when >>46741228 nails her
cheers
>>
I wanna put my penis inside Sunset.
>>
>>46741267
>The consequences never needed to affect everybody, they only ever needed to affect Truth.

Besides, the fact that they've now got an Abyssal in their Circle is sure to spark its own brand of interesting times.
>>
>>46740915
Hassar and I leave you assholes for one session and you manage to become an abyssal, son of a bitch.
>>
Rules question: when do counterattacks go off, assuming no special timing rules are given in the charm text?

Counterattack keyword definition is beyond useless.
>>
>>46742997

Immediately after the initiating attack's resolution?
>>
>>46742760
I mean she's dead now... So you know.
>>
>>46743072

So the counterattack is made with, say, wound penalties inflicted by the triggering attack, or an initiative pool diminished by it?
>>
>>46743094

Yes. Unless otherwise stated in charm text.
>>
>>46742892
I am death now. I am darkness. I also love that your picture was a marble statue for Pebble. Appropriate.
>>
File: Sunset Truth.png (2 MB, 1245x7894) Image search: [Google]
Sunset Truth.png
2 MB, 1245x7894
>>46741606
Here, was busy with something else, sorry.
>>
>>46743151
That's probably going to be Pebble all session long tomorrow. That and washing everything you touch since dead people are dirty.

Eventually he'll be fine with it as long as Truth isn't a dick about things though.
>>
>>46743151
Do you intend to eventually redeem yourself and become a solar again?
For character reasons or that nice little cure for the Great Curse?
>>
>>46742487
What's your supernal?
Also why do you have 6 favoured abilities and no dots in martial arts?
>>
>>46743597
Her supernal is Presence. She has this because we hated how MA worked at the beginning and houseruled the -fuck- out of it.

For your purposes she uses Silver Voiced Nightingale. You may want to fiddle with her a little, she is not "base" exalted friendly like, at all. The houserules aren't like, beyond the pale, but they're enough to cause an XP disparity between what's typical and her own power level.
>>
>>46743932
For those interested, the houserules were as follows.

First, taking the Martial Arts merit gives you Martial Arts as a favored ability if it wasn't already your supernal at chargen.

Second, martial arts rolls are not made with a bunch of Martial Arts abilities purchased individually, but with existing skills that make sense for the Martial Art in question. So for example, we equated Silver Voiced Nightingale with Performance.

Being a supernal in the requisite skill does -not- make you a MA supernal. Only a dawn can "supernal" Martial Arts. This way, all the other castes are limited by the essence restrictions.

That's more or less what we did and how you can "fix" the character sheet for your purposes.
>>
>>46744004
Rather, if you have an ability favored (performance as an example), and you take the martial arts merit and choose SVN, you can buy SVN charms as though they are favored. I just have an extra favored on my sheet so it doesn't calculate my SVN charms as costing too much.

Also, I forgot to explain an other thing, but I'm tired, and I have to wake up early to get a crown put on my dumbass tooth.
>>
>>46743404
Doubtful. She might end up redeemed, but after what happened I think she deserves darkness. She fits in better there.

I didn't go in looking to get redeemed, and after I left that game I sure as hell didn't come out of it looking to be redeemed. I don't think Truth wants, or believes she needs (or deserves), redemption.
>>
I heard someone saying your 5 Favored abilities can't be a Caste ability, that's wrong right?
>>
>>46744279
Yep. You can pick any ability as Favored that you haven't already taken as Caste, including abilities you could've taken as Caste but didn't.
>>
>>46743094

Rather than that being the default, it's all completely dependent on what the charm says.
>>
Is there a god of sorcery?
>>
>>46744947

I'd be inclined to say no. Not in 3e, at least, since "sorcery" isn't really any one thing anymore.

I'd totally allow gods of particular spells and perhaps particular initiations, maybe? Like e.g. the God of Those Enlightened by Horrors
>>
>>46744944

What about charms that don't specify any particular timing rules, like Crane Form?

> After taking a full defense action, the martial artist may respond to any attack against her until her next turn with a withering or decisive counterattack.
>>
I planned on learning Tiger Style and Ebon Shadow Style at the same time and trying to master them both as soon as I hit 3 essence, but I've recently seen that Ebon Shadow Style seems a bit meh, a few defensive boosts, and the mastery effect is weak.
I have a bunch of stealth and athletics charms to help Tiger Style out with rushes and unexpected attacks.
What am I missing about the supposed synergy between those two styles?
>>
>>46745012

Good point. Considering that counterattacks still let you defend first, perhaps it really does go off after you take damage by default (in the case you failed defense).
>>
>>46746476

Ebon Shadow's later charms are a bit meh, but Nothing But Shadows gives you a handful of free initiative every time you jump into shadows, and Seven Points of Weakness strike combined with Striking Fury Claws can absolutely murder high-soak opponents.

Stacking Celestial Tiger Hide with Shadow-Body Dissolution can stop a decisive in it's tracks, which is also good - although you'll need some non-armour method of getting Hardness (Silken Armor)
>>
>>46746476

Not much really, thought Seven Points of Weakness is really fun to combine with Tiger.
>>
>>46746657
>>46746649
If I were master Tiger Style, and only added Nothing But Shadows and Seven Points of Weakness, would It be worth paying the 2 charms and 5 ability dots?
>>
>>46746722

If you have the spare Solar XP, I'd probably go for it.
>>
>>46746649
could you clear up striking fury claws for me? i'm not sure how it quite works
if i have 5 strength, and get say 8 extra successes on a withering attack, those 8 are added to my withering damage and then you subtract soak, and then you roll them to see the actual damage done, right?
now how does striking fury claws change that?
>>
File: unsure-reaction-gif.gif (1 MB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
unsure-reaction-gif.gif
1 MB, 500x208
>>46746722
As a general rule, any investment you make with Solar XP is always worth it. I mean, sure, you could be spending those points on native Abilities but past the first handful of sessions chances are you'll already have maxed out the abilities you really need at five.

MA sure is a big investment at first, what with the Merit and all, but if you've already got pretty far in one style, dipping in another is no different than buying a point of Melee and a couple melee charms. Except you'll get much better synergies out of those two MAs.

Then again, Sorcery is always a very attractive option for spending Solar XP.

So I guess the answer is I don't know, what do you think?
>>
>>46740915
<slow clap>

That was a good one. Keeping this gem for posterity.

Sooooo just so you guys now, next time somebody tells me that I'm a bad GM for torturing players and focusing on the story, I'm gonna flash this in their eyes.
>>
>>46747435
You're a terrible GM and we hate you, that doesn't mean we hate well-done stories in rpgs.
>>
>>46747454
It's confusing to me that you can hate that which gives you what you enjoy.
>>
>>46744105
Just for the record, you didn't do anything fancy concerning the mechanics of the whole thing right? Truth remains as Sunset was, just "deathly" right?
>>
>>46747479
But we hate Morke and Holden.
>>
>>46747497
... Point.
>>
>>46747514
Should consider dropping the namefagging when we haven't brought you up.
>>
>>46747523
Sometimes I preffer to telegraph my presence, just so you guys know who you're dealing with. I owe you that much.
>>
>>46747553
I can respect you for putting it on and taking it off, that's a bigger deal on 4chan than your gm style.
>>
So, about them Vitriolic Achemicals last thread...what would they turn into at Ess 6 and how would this be followed up at Ess 8?
>>
>>46747801
Is the Internet Vitriolic enough?
>>
>>46746886

Striking Fury Claws is basically really niche, except for people who can activate it's Mastery clause (like Solars) at which point it becomes bread-and-butter. It's even better with Solars, because it scales really well with Increasing Strength Exercise. For non-Masters, it's niche is solely massive soak monsters. Math time.

Basic withering attack. Say you get 8 successes, add them to your base damage of, say 15 (light arti weapon, 5 strength). You then subtract the target's soak (say 16), leaving you with a total of 7 damage dice.

Now, throw in Striking Fury claws. Again, 8 sux, 15 dam, 16 soak. We divide the 8 extra successes into post soak (5, equal to our strength) and normal pre-soak (3, the remainder). We have 18 pre-soak, their soak absorbs 16 of it, we have 2 left, which our overwhelming brings up to 3, plus our 5 post-soak - 8. Striking Fury Claws adds 1 dice. Pretty crap.

Look now at 20 soak. Without Striking Fury Claws, our raw damage is 23 (15 + 8), minus soak, for a total of 3. With Striking Fury Claws, our raw damage is 18, and post-soak 5. The Soak absorbs all the 18, leaving us with our overwhelming (3), plus the dice SFC moved to post-soak (5) for a total of 8. SFCs starting to do some work.

Of course, because we're Solars, we also have the Mastery effect. That lets you add those dice to *BOTH* the pre-soak and post-soak values. Effectively, what this does is let you add you strength to your damage after soak. So the 16-soak scenario now becomes a raw damage of 15 + 8 - 16 = 7, plus an additional 5 post-soak for a total of 12 (vs 7 for an unimproved attack, or 8 without mastery). The 20-soak scenario remains unchanged, as the target's soak is high enough to absorb our extra damage.

(TBC)
>>
>>46748282

Now, if we're, say, an Essence 3 Solar with Strength Increasing Exercise up at maximum, we could do this with *8* dice instead of 5, which would lead to 15 dice (vs 12 without SIE, 8 with Unmastered SFC, and 7 unimproved), which is starting to get really good. It'd even make a dent on the 20-soak monster (upping the total to 14, compared to 8 without SIE, or 3 with no charms).

Then of course, those bonuses are changed to auto-sux if the opponent tried to disengage (say, due to Terrifying Apparition of Glory). Which absolutely wrecks face.
>>
>>46746722

Also, you wouldn't need 5 ability dots, you'd need 3 - all that's needed to meet the pre-reqs of those two charms - because you'd just constitute your attack rolls from your 5 dots in Tiger.
>>
>>46748302
Oh, thanks. I thought I'd need to use the Ebon Shadow dots for an attack using that charm, that's neat.
>>
>>46747494
Nah I'm working on charms for her. Started with the presence tree as a matter of fact.
>>
>>46748644
Well if you were so kind as to present your ideas here and dump them in the resources folder I'd be eternally thankful. I very much would like to see an Abyssal conversion, I need it deperately and if we can jogg other people to think on it as well that would be awesome.
>>
>>46748287
thanks for laying all that out for me, it was a huge help
20 soak monsters don't seem too common, and seven points of weakness strike would take away 10 soak from most people, isn't that more useful?
i'd love to do the intimidating presence tree, especially with 'tigers' dread symmetry, but it feels too expensive an investment with all the other stuff i need
>>
>>46748741

Yep, but bear in mind that while SFC is only good against soak monsters for Non-Masters, if you get the Mastery bonus (which all Solars do) it's good all round.

Taking the 16-soak example, with the same numbers, you'd get 23-dice damage roll with both 7PoW and SFC. Of that, SFC contributed 5, and 7PoW contributed 10 - but you're also assuming that you were making an unexpected attack, which assumes a significant investment in Stealth. If you made an equivalent investment in Presence to trigger SFC's bonus clause, it would be contributing 5 autosuccesses, which are equivalent to 10 dice.

Basically, a modest investment in Stealth + Ebon Shadows is roughly equivalent to a modest investment in Presence + Tiger. And all four together kick ass.

But yeah, you don't need to go the whole hog and invest in all four if points are getting tight. After all, you're probably not a primary combatant with this sort of build, so I imagine you'd want to spread dots into other things.
>>
>>46748976
thanks, i'll just see what i can do with stealth, athletics and tiger
>>
Give me Behemoth ideas for the Far North
>>
>>46749134

Sentient glacier going Titanic on all shipping in the North-West.

Snow hive-mind, with every snowflake a contributing intelligence, devoted to extinguishing every flame.

Elsa
>>
>>46749134
Ice/ground/snow burrowing and swimming serpent, destabilises the ground above unexpectedly, sinking settlements and burying caravans.
>>
File: Colossi.jpg (456 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
Colossi.jpg
456 KB, 1280x534
>>46749134
Can't go wrong with Shadow of the Colossus for behemoth influences.
>>
>>46748644
Man I wish I was rolling with you people. If my games were a fraction as dramatic as this...
>>
So, since this thread is interested in storytime, I think I might post some stuff about my dawn caste and the midnight caste that went full yandere for him. I actually posted some bits about it before in another thread a while ago, but some stuff has happened since then so I think I'll go ahead and share here later once I'm home and have time to type everything out.
>>
>>46736403
>Siakal
Who?
>>
File: 1384501882748.png (62 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1384501882748.png
62 KB, 700x500
>>46740915
>>
File: 1387590428994.jpg (126 KB, 832x720) Image search: [Google]
1387590428994.jpg
126 KB, 832x720
>>46744105
B-but love and friendship redeems all?
>>
>>46747801
City of Brass?
>>
So what do you think the excuse for today is going to be?
>>
>>46751137
there's not much they can do about the PoD colours being off except what they're already doing.
>>
>>46744947

One of the 2e books actually has a sidebar on this. Basically there's a society of god blooded and ex-God Blooded sorcerers in Yu Shan, and one of the things they've noticed is that there is no god of Sorcery, which implied it was outside of Creation or something.
>>
>>46750706
Each Direction has it's own war god, Siakal is the West's, IIRC.
>>
>>46751207
Coo'
>>
>>46751137
That it isn't ready yet? What are you expecting. The book's finished, it'll be out when it's ready.
>>
>>46750988
Mostly the issue is that any redemption would have to be just as badass and awesome as her fall, just as meaningful to the character.

That's... a pretty high bar.
>>
>>46751028
I don't think Malfeas would be too happy with that.

I CAN see them becoming buildings within his body though.

Of course this IS preceded by every single one of their charms going absolutely berserk, tumorising, growing massive amounts of cables and just grabbing everything in reach and metalizing it. with the end result being a giant humanoid covered in metallic tumors with cables shooting out of them and built upon a body composed of people turned into the same metal as the Alchemical in question.

Once they get big enough, the charms rearrange the metalized bodies into a building and root the whole thing into Malfeas.
>>
>>46750988
Anju x Truth OTP
>>
File: 1382826916579.png (53 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1382826916579.png
53 KB, 700x500
>>46751513
yes
>>
>>46751483

Doesn't Malfeas routinely fuck shit up by crushing layers against himself? To say nothing of any of the other Primordials or 3CDs that take offence to their presence.
>>
>>46751563
Ahh the wonders of completely relocating yourself when it looks like you are gonna be turned into a pile of scrap metal. Also I have a great way to troll the Yozi

>Open some sort of gate between Autocthon and Hell.
>Drop an Alchemical with Gremlin Syndrome and Void-Tech Charms into said hole and then close it.
>?????
>Profit!!!
>>
A more general question. Would you as GMs allow the xp for the first few sessions to be spent on stuff that the character is "already supposed to have"? Mostly background - a couple of dots of Abilities and Merits that simply weren't a high enough priority to spend BP on, but those that the PC had no chance of cultivating through play.
>>
Where does the Heroin Pissed From Dinosaurs Meme come from?
>>
>>46753073
They're in one of the 2e books describing the First Age. they were an Exalted creation
>>
>>46752470
I probably would, if only because there are things that have no BP cost. Thaumaturgy, for one.
>>
File: heroin-pissing dinosaur.png (340 KB, 645x609) Image search: [Google]
heroin-pissing dinosaur.png
340 KB, 645x609
>>46753124
>>46753073
>>
>>46752470
Depends if they're just doing it to min-max character creation. I mean, if they should 'already have' 2 in stamina, then they should have started with 2.
>>
File: img000012.png (384 KB, 1094x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000012.png
384 KB, 1094x1600
I keep thinking of Truth like pic related.
dead serious hips
>>
>>46753367
She's actually raven haired and ambiguously brown. She's an islander.
>>
File: img000009.png (512 KB, 1102x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000009.png
512 KB, 1102x1600
>>46753719
Stop. Let me have my fantasies.
>>
>>46753169
what is this TES bullshit
>>
File: 1420751424556.png (507 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1420751424556.png
507 KB, 600x800
>>46753719
>delicious brown thick-hipped dancer girl

Jesus man, now I'm starting to lust after her too.
>>
>>46753367
>>46753782
s-source?
>>
File: Shep Cayce.jpg (104 KB, 325x435) Image search: [Google]
Shep Cayce.jpg
104 KB, 325x435
>>46753907
The first age was a glorious time of wonder and marvels
>>
>>46753934
There's a Demon on the floor, i think.
>>
>>46753907
Something with absolutely nothing wrong with it. There's plenty wrong with people who go on about 'heroine-pissing dinosaurs' like they're ubiquitous or representative of the Creation in general, but the Beasts of Resplendent Liquid themselves are kind of neat and not in any way inappropriate for Exalted.
>>
File: Heroin Pissing Dinosaur.jpg (162 KB, 1056x724) Image search: [Google]
Heroin Pissing Dinosaur.jpg
162 KB, 1056x724
>>46753124

>2e

Anon no. They are from Manacle and Coin in 1e. Its how the Guild dominates the drug trade. They were in a 2e book yes but they are a 1e creation.
>>
What sort of sifus teach Martial Arts? I can't imagine a mortal teaching Striking Fury Claws to a Solar Exalted.
>>
>>46755019
they teach the style, not the charm
>>
>>46755019

One thing I am doing is just saying that all the charms that exist in the MA styles act exactly the same as a mortal version just with essence use on top of it. So if you learned the style from a mortal you just need to spend a few days learning how to push your essence out in the strike or move or whathave you. The important part to me is you need the sifu for the dots and perhaps encouragement in using your essence in it.
>>
>>46755060
How do I learn the charms, then?
>>
>>46755004
Can a Lunar make their Totem a Beast of Resplendent Liquid? Option one for getting it requires a lot of planning, Option two also requires a lot of planning but you need a step ladder as well. Anyone who knows anything about Lunar Exalted will know why the second option requires a ladder.
>>
>>46755124
BoRL's are N/A rank bio-artifacts, not animals.

You'd need a knack at an essence level way beyond chargen for that form
>>
>>46755081

By having style dots. The two are one and the same, just like with Melee and Melee Charms; it's just a question of whether you personally have the enlightened skill and prowess to bring out the full power of the techniques within.
>>
>>46755081
How do you learn Melee charms? Like that, but with MA
>>
>>46755149
Ah well, nay bother.
>>
>Truth has Celestial Bliss Trick
No longer waifuable, lads. TIme to go.
>>
>>46755250
Mate, if you want pure maidens you shouldn't look for waifus in Exalted.

You also shouldn't waifu other people's RPG characters, that shit's just weird.
>>
>>46755250
>your waifu is shit in bed
>>
File: Screen.png (514 KB, 646x846) Image search: [Google]
Screen.png
514 KB, 646x846
>>46755081
>>46755060
"Not teaching the charm" is misleading, since charms are abstractions; they're like feats in DnD. If Power Attack represents a fighting style that involves a lot of heavy, reckless swings, then a Solar Brawl charm represents the natural way in which a Solar will use their essence when it's focused on their unarmed combat skill. Similarly, a mortal and an Exalt can both learn a Martial Art, and the Exalt will manifest the charm effects as they channel their Essence through the specific forms of the Martial Art. In short, the skill and the charms are not separate, although the charms come later.

I also like to imagine that Dynasts with "late-blooming" children have them study martial arts in the hope that exposure to the movements of the martial art will result in the child exalting. Expensive private tutors, mind you; no Immaculate Master is going to train a mortal on the grounds that they MIGHT be able to use the awakened techniques of the school unless they're getting a serious favour in return. As an example of this, here's Peleps Deled being an enormous git, as is his role in the setting.
>>
>>46755250
>You also shouldn't waifu other people's RPG characters, that shit's just weird.
i do what i feel like nerd
>>
>>46755341

>Mate, if you want pure maidens you shouldn't look for waifus in Exalted.

My character was a pure maiden though. That being said I don't think she would have a problem making a sorcerous copy of her mortal form and giving that to somebody who loves her but that she does not due to her being a devoted waifu. So that could be a little bit unpure I guess. Depends on how you look at it.
>>
>>46755368
>no Immaculate Master is going to train a mortal on the grounds that they MIGHT be able to use the awakened techniques of the school unless they're getting a serious favour in return.
I'm fairly sure with the new MA system that the order teaches its mortal monks the five dragon styles too, since the MA tiering is gone.
I mean, there's no longer any need for that terrestrial, lesser style they taught them with them all being equal.
>>
>>46755383
>My character was a pure maiden though.
That's what YOU say, I personally don't believe you.
>>
>>46755374
This reminds me of the time that one anon cyber-NTR'd a guy by playing through the sex section of a visual novel the guy had been too "my waifu is pure" to play himself and then posting the screenshots.
>>
File: Passion Moray.png (89 KB, 238x308) Image search: [Google]
Passion Moray.png
89 KB, 238x308
>>46755341
>Mate, if you want pure maidens you shouldn't look for waifus in Exalted.

Passion morays feed upon passionate memories, but
they can be compelled through sorcerous bindings to
regurgitate memories and give them to their summoner.
If a passion moray consumes the memories of every
sexual encounter from a victim, she becomes a virgin
once more, both physically and spiritually. Many Yozi
cults prefer to sacrifice virgins to their masters and keep
passion morays to ensure the purity of their offerings.
>>
>>46755418
Is there a screencap?
>>
>>46755408
That could make sense given the changes to the system, although I'm sure Peleps Deled will still find a way to be a git about something. Motivation or Defining Intimacy, it is his nature.
>>
>>46755418
That was AA2
Are you saying you'll NTR me? Go on, that's my fetish
>>
>>46755417

What? She ended up waifuing her lunar mate and was 100% loyal... even if her mate was not. And her limit break was a compassionate one where she wants to help people so the storyteller would need a really convoluted way to make her act in a way that would not be loyal.
>>
>>46755450
Seconding this. I want to see this shit.
>>
>>46755446
Okay, fine. You can have pure maidens in Exalted, but only through demonic powers.
>>
>>46755462

>Go on, that's my fetish

Ewww. NTR is really shit tier fetish

The only way I get behind it is if its yuri NTR with one of the girls tied to a chair with a vibe running in her watching the other two go at it.
>>
>>46755589
Well that's NTR + lezdom, which is like adding sugar to lemon juice.
>>
File: CY87njS.png (144 KB, 1090x464) Image search: [Google]
CY87njS.png
144 KB, 1090x464
>>46755450
>>46755470

Found it, I think. It wasn't in my folder but I found it online. Not that anon, by the way.
>>
File: Cyber NTR.jpg (223 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Cyber NTR.jpg
223 KB, 1000x1500
>>46756002

Whoops. That's not it.
>>
>>46756002
that was still hilarious, thank you
>>
>>46756029
>you're really hurting me
The patheticness of waifufags will never cease to amuse me.
>>
>>46756140

My waifu takes a lot of shit from people and I usually end up defending her but the doujins where she is getting gangbanged and ruined does not bother me. I don't read them but their existence do not bother me. That anon is just a pussy.
>>
>>46756484

Your waifu's gotta work somehow anon
>>
>>46756484
You clearly don't love her enough
>>
>>46756510

No she does not.

>>46756513

It probably has more to do with her having a canon waifu in the first place.
>>
>>46751299
>>46751207
She's also the goddess of mass death and bloodshed along with being the Western God of War. While the other gods of war somewhat like honorable warmaking and rules assorted to them and you might even get to play some Gateway with them while drinking beer, it is not so with her. Siakal is only interested in carnage, slaughter and utter destruction of enemies, especially at sea since the losers sink to the deeps and feed her massive supershark children.

Most nations in the West and coastal regions ban the worship of Siakal, but even so most seafarers drop animal blood to the waters before battle to appease her. She is mostly worshipped openly by the bloodthirsty pirates and Lintha raiders.
>>
>>46757296
who are the rest of the war gods my man?
>>
>>46755250
I never claimed she was waifu material, just that she was good looking and had dangerous hips. If it makes you feel better she's only used CBT on a single Dragon Blood that I know of. Also possibly Anju.
>>
>>46751852
That would do fuck all.

The yozis/hell are not in hibernation the autocthon is. They have healthy immune systems
>>
>>46757713
>she's only used CBT on a single Dragon Blood that I know of
I need to know more about this.
>>
>>46757713
>>46757775

Yes, tell us more about Truth's bedtime adventures, and how she sexually exploited a Dragonblood.
>>
File: 1412313539958.png (122 KB, 398x309) Image search: [Google]
1412313539958.png
122 KB, 398x309
>>46757713
>mfw only just realised that Celestial Bliss Trick abbreviates to CBT
>>
File: SuzukaMAGA.jpg (18 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
SuzukaMAGA.jpg
18 KB, 184x184
>>46757843
Worried people with confuse it with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
>>
>>46757929
I suppose you could use it for therapy.
>>
>>46757713
>Also possibly Anju.
[Shipping Intensifies]
>>
Wow, this is gonna be a new thing around here isn't it? Well I suppose I there wasn't enough shipping and waifuing in these threads until now.
>>
>>46757356
I only know Ahlat.
>>
>>46757356
Ahlat gets a lot of press in 3e; he's the Southern war god. Not sure if any of the other directions have been mentioned. I doubt there's an official realm war god, given the Immaculate Way.

Also, I didn't realize that Ahlat was mentioned pre-3e. Houses of the Bull God, as the title suggests, features a lot of him.
>>
>>46757356
The North splits it between two gods. The East has a goddess that firmly believes in fair play and discipline, but I tended to skip over her because far more interesting is the God of Righteous Rebellion, who technically works for her but actually ransacked his home and office and went AWOL, because Yu-Shan isn't on board with rebellion.
>>
>>46758090

There is Tachi-Kun. He is the Central God of War and battles of the Exalted warfare. He is a Bronze Faction supporter but looks down on Dragonblooded as they lacks the will to be individual hero and prefer to build teams rather then any Celestial who is a hero in their own right.

Sikal is West. Ahlat is South. Voharun is one of the Northern Gods of War. Nasamara is the second. Voharun is a crow and Nasamara is a falcon.

Sunipa is the Eastern God of War. She got her job because the last Eastern War God went against the Bronze faction during the Usurpation and mysteriously disappeared and Sunipa took her place.
>>
Would it be possible for an Exalted to kick a god off their pedestal and take over their job?
>>
>>46758296

See the Bureau of Weather.
>>
File: 1426663220468.jpg (265 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1426663220468.jpg
265 KB, 1440x1080
>>46758296
Malefactor
>>
>>46758296

Sort of.

He could definitely become the center of the god's cult, but he's fundamentally incapable of actually doing the job (since he can't enter or have a sanctum and thus can't really send regular reports to Heaven) the way the god does it.

In theory he could use his own force of skill to maintain the god's domain, but he'd be very bad at it compared to just getting an actual spirit.
>>
>>46758296
The game does say that Exalts with cult don't actually get to hear what people are praying for with any clarity.

Personally, I don't think an Exalt of any description would be a good fit for a divine position. Gods change and develop charms based on their role; Exalts might get charms based on making the effort to fill a role, but they aren't as mutable in nature as spirits.
>>
>>46758382
There's Dedicated Unerring Ear to help with that at least.
>>
>>46758478
You reckon that'd work for all your worshippers? I feel like it's aimed at helping you reach specific people, not groups; maybe enough to hear a few high priests, but not the congregation.
>>
>>46758014
Anju's player here. I will say that Anju was involved in the... shall we say 'training time' for Sunset getting CBT.
>>
>>46758789
Awww, she so qt... Makes the whole story that much more deliciously gut-wrenching.
>>
>>46758789
Are her features Wyld mutations or is she part beastgirl?
>>
>>46759164
I've always considered them Wyld Mutations but it hasn't come up in game officially. She was left on the doorstep of a dojo/meadhall in the deep Northeast so Wyld Mutations is pretty likely.
On a related topic, she did go looking for her origin in her pre-campaign backstory and found Halta to be deeply, deeply disappointing. People with grabby feet are not monkey people!
>>
File: Sorrowrection.jpg (4 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
Sorrowrection.jpg
4 KB, 201x160
>>46758789

>Hanuma Tomoe
>This manga will never get fully translated

A brief glimmer of joyous nostalgia, then nothing.
>>
File: XforcePromoA.jpg (245 KB, 900x695) Image search: [Google]
XforcePromoA.jpg
245 KB, 900x695
>>46758789
Cute, though that art there makes me think a bit of Feral from X-Force, which isn't really a good thing because that was one of Rob "A human woman's waist is about as thick as her forearm, right?" Liefeld's series.
>>
>>46759343
hey, would it bother you to spot your character sheet
>>
>>46759343
>>46759685
I meant post, sorry.
>>
>>46758246
>He is a Bronze Faction supporter but looks down on Dragonblooded as they lacks the will to be individual hero and prefer to build teams rather then any Celestial who is a hero in their own right.
That sentence could only be more 2e if the computer it was posted on was magitech.
>>
>>46759619
I KNOW! Five issues translated, waifu not yet introduced, eternal despair.

>>46759685
Not at all: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MVHE9o3eWTFDIy0XG4W6EUbdeClVwXNhh8LByxS_-lM/edit#gid=1572445345
>>
>>46759844
Hell, the only confirmed gods of war in 3e I think are Ahlat and Siakal.
>>
>>46759902

>Five

That's two more than what I'd known there was. Got a location to download them, regardless of language? All the links I find are dead.
>>
>>46759936

http://mangafox.me/manga/kouya_ni_kemono_doukokusu/
>>
>>46759936
Google-fu produced this: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/kouya_ni_kemono_doukokusu/
>>
>>46759902
you should allow me to see that bro
>>
>>46759909

I doubt they are going to change the gods that much if at all.
>>
>>46759902
Link needs permission, care to make it public and not editable?
>>
>>46760045
Well, at least there's no more Terrestrial shaming going on.
>>
>>46760037
>>46760053
Sorry, should be fixed now
>>
>>46760111
thanks derek
>>
>>46760045
They're probably going to change how much of the Celestial Bureaucracy looks down on the Dragon-blooded. Resentment is fine, scorn is stupid.
>>
>>46760160
>scorn is stupid.
And the Celestial Bureaucracy isn't stupid?
>>
>>46760214
No, I meant written as being scornful is stupid. I don't play Dragon-blooded myself but the sheer amount of writer antagonism towards them in 2e was ridiculous. Writers shouldn't take favourites.
>>
>>46760256
The setting itself kinda takes favorites on a fundamental level.
>>
>>46760268
Yeah, but that stuff took it too far, to the point where "Dragon-Blooded aren't really Exalted" became a serious meme for a while.
>>
>>46760024
>>46760027

Thanks, but that only seems to be a place to view them online, there's no apparent DL link. Doesn't the manga go to Vol 9 in the original Japanese as well?
>>
>>46760549
Save the images you wally.
>>
>>46760268
The defining point of a Mary Sue isn't how powerful they are, it's how those around them treat them. Solar's aren't Mary Sues because as written the people that hate them aren't bad guys.

Dragon-blooded in 2e are almost reverse Mary Sue's because almost every non Realm or Lookshy NPC inexplicably treats them like shit.
>>
In what way could a god hold control in 11-40 city-states divided in three nations?
>>
>>46760788
The usual way: Religion.
>>
>>46760788
Delegation and middle management.
>>
>>46760788

Unite them against each other but maintain a precarious balance of power so that none of them can get a shot off one one without them aggroing the other as well.

That or foster economic dependency.
>>
What does Element-Resisting Prana do if you have 0 Resistance?
>>
>>46760909

Absolutely nothing. And you should feel stupid for buying the charm.
>>
Ex 3 core book – From RichT: PoD and PDFs on sale to the public this Wednesday, backers will get the discounted PoD links before that. Now on to prepping the actual deluxe traditionally printed files.
>>
>>46760991
Quick somebody post sad ashton
>>
>>46760827
>>46760833
>>46760853
If that's the case, what would the title of this god be? God of X region?
>>
>>46760991
It'll be interesting to see if it actually gets released or not.
>>
>>46760991
>>46761017

>Shit, it's finally coming out
>>
>>46760991

It's actually coming out?

>SadAshtonKutcher.gif

>>46761098

Do we have the image of him sitting in a Diner crying? It's from the Butterfly Effect, I think.
>>
>>46761128
There was one of him crying in the rain that I liked.
>>
File: Confusion but also an erection.gif (1 MB, 245x188) Image search: [Google]
Confusion but also an erection.gif
1 MB, 245x188
>>46761017
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.