[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cmg/ - Chapter Master General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: CM.png (713 KB, 615x318) Image search: [Google]
CM.png
713 KB, 615x318
>tfw you leave the new CM open because that music is just so damn catchy
>tfw it's been over 20 minutes
>>
Props to Smokazzi for the music, I also really like it.
>>
>>46734596
Oh hey you're around. I don't get why there's no update next Sunday but you're working on stuff?
>>
>>46734689

It's likely taht the next few features will take me a while to implement into the engine in a mod-independent, clean way. So it might be a week or two before I release something new.

I don't want to release anything that isn't fully working or prone to crashing, that's just poor form.
>>
>>46734596
Anywhere I can listen to the music without playing the game?
>>
>>46734772
Sure!

If you navigate to /Mods/CM/Sound/Music it's titletheme.wav :)
>>
Wait i was in a thread about a chapter master.
I have the interstellar army simulator with the chapter master mod, is there a new one out im so confused
>>
So which one is this? The one fixing the original or the guy remaking it in a different engine?
>>
>>46734376

If I want to help the development or at least know more, where should I go?
>>
>>46734833
Streamline is developing a new space army simulator in a better engine.

>>46734855
The guy remaking it.
>>
>>46734833
Not quite new version, but I am working on Space Soldier Management Engine, a generic game built to be modded and suitably built for Chapter Master to exist as a mod of.

Not on a playable version yet, but there's stuff to do and lcheck out.
>>
>>46734833
The one you're thinking of was abandoned, but apparently someone at the dorf fort forums is working on it. Apparently, because nobody has actually seen any updates and they just say they're cleaning up the code.

There's also a rebuild of it from the ground up happening now.
>>
>>46734376

I thought Duke was kill and so was Chapter Master?
>>
Is it possible to make some short piece of dialoge when interacting with the various factions?
>>
>>46734871
Fuckin cool man
Best of luck
>>
>>46734871
Based Streamline.
>>
>>46734894
Too clarify: That they are saying something, with a voice/audio
>>
>>46734885
Duke is kill
CHAPTER MASTER LIVES
>>
For those of you unaware, you can following along with my updates every Sunday at streamlinedev.blogspot.com - OP is referring to the most recent version (0.3 alpha) which has some cool new music made by an anon.
>>
>>46734922
Better yet, can you integrate a chatbot so that it's responsive text-input dialogue?
>>
>>46734972
Are the music up on soundcloud or vocaroo or something?
>>
>>46734981
>"We declare war upon you unholy heretics!"
>"Why do you say, that you declare war upon you unholy heretics?"
>"The fuck? Because your unholy heretics!"
>"Do you feel strongly about this?"
>"...yes?"
>"I also the fuck because my unholy heretics."
>"This is creeping me out, I'mma just go fight the Necrons or something."
>"It was very nice to chat with you!"
>>
>>46735058
I want to have perhaps something simular to this when interacting with the admech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMm6NIUNRyU
>>
>>46734986
Yeah but the quality is shitty (because vocaroo): http://vocaroo.com/i/s0GCN9sg8Pwv
>>
>>46734922
>>46735098
Not the guy doing this but I've done some game dev, and that's not usually a problem to code, but you need to get decent voice actor(s) or it's not going to be very good. So that probably depends on if some anon steps up or not, because I can't see Streamline shelling out dosh to professional VAs.
>>
Can you give me the link for cm
>>
>>46735177
Streamline CM or duke CM?
>>
>>46735163

Basically this. If an anon who's done voice acting pops up, I'll sure as shit ask them to do some voice acting, but otherwise it's unlikely to happen.
>>
>>46734972
So, run me through if you will how this is going down?

You're going to make a fully functioning Space Army management game, that's basically a 1:1 copy of 40k but with the names and style changed to the point that it's perfectly legal, and then you're gonna pop a mod out that changes everything?
>>
>>46735205
>GW LAWYER PLZ GO
>>
>>46735205
I am creating a generalised regiment management engine, currently called "Space Soldier Management Engine" largely to appeal to the CM crowd to get interest and support.

The engine is far from a 1:1 copy of CM - I am barely even using any CM images anymore. I am taking my own approach to management, movement, diplomacy, etc.

The ultimate goal is that we end up with a cool engine that people can make lots of games out of, but in order to get that off the ground I'm starting with a Chapter Master mod.

I have a potential feature list as long as my arm, that I think would be cool to implement, which I'm sure some bright spark could find a 40k-fluff reason for further down the line. As it stands, it is likely to hae similar features to CM to begin with because CM had barely any features that worked in the first place, so it's not eactly hard to reach that point.

Hope that explains some!
>>
File: 40gif.gif (334 KB, 226x199) Image search: [Google]
40gif.gif
334 KB, 226x199
I hope the marine/chapter orginazation/giving them gear and stuff gets easier with the Streamline CM, since I though it was kind of messy and hard to arm and give your marines stuff
>>
>>46735335
This is actually something you can currently do in 0.3 - in fact it was the major goal for this version. You can currently individually gear all of your soldiers and see visual representations of squads.

It's a little bare bones as far as functions go, but I intend to implement a bulk mode / copy equipment list set of features within the next version or two.
>>
>>46735326
That does. Thanks.

I'm actually looking forward to the regular, non-40k game.
>>
>>46735199
streamline, duh
>>
>>46735399
Which file do i download for the thing?
>>
>>46734972
Go to his blog ting
>>46735444
>>
>>46735512
link please
>>
Direct download at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0sZlHDudgnRWtQTHJfSFI2RDg

>>46735432
For what it's worth, I am super excited for an Age of Sail pirates mod and will probably get right on that if I can find an artist once the core engine is built out. I think it could be so damn fun.
>>
>>46735535
>asking for a link when he literally linked to you the post with the link in his reply

This is like super saiyan 3 level of laziness.
>>
>>46735590
What about space pirates?
>>
>>46735668
Also acceptable.

And staying with the CM theme even, a chaos legion mod wouldn't be too difficult to adapt, or a 30k horus heresy mod or whatever.

The aim of the game is moddability and having robust, core mechanics, which is why it's going to be a while before it's fully playable but it's also going to be great when it is released fully.
>>
>>46735668
>>46735755
what about Pirates that steal space?

Also Streamline, How many people are working on this anyway with you?
>>
Since you said there's a long feature list, is there a way to look at it? I'm kinda curious about management, like some anons have already said, and combat.
>>
>>46735776
All help is credited in the mod under the Credits button the main menu, but currently there is an art guy, a sound/consulting guy and a text/name guy.

Always happy to have extra help though!
>>
Of theres viruses on this imma finna woop your ass
>>
>>46735590
>pirate version of CM
>pirate king acquiring all the plunder by forcing tribute payments from various islands as the empire forces try to remove your presence from the archipelago

I'd play that.
>>
>>46735926
I was just wondering, I don't really know shit about coding. I guess I could try a hand at text/name tho, I take it all this is on your thing tho if we wanna join?
>>
>>46736115
Feel free to shoot me an e-mail, I'll accept any and all help I can get! The address is in the most recent blog post, at the end.
>>
>>46734376
So what did you all think about the music?
>choice of instruments, grimdarkness, genre

What would you like to see in the future?
>Keep in mind I have limited time to spend on this
>>
File: CM Loading Screen Revision.png (6 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CM Loading Screen Revision.png
6 MB, 1920x1080
>>46736369

The title theme is pretty catchy.

A thematic, ambient tune for when you're just going through the organizational charts ingame would be nice.
>>
>>46736369
>what did you think
It reminded me of the Terminator theme at first. The early part evokes the feel of some SNES titles, split between what you would expect one of them to have for a scifi game and soldier-based game. The later part is soothing and keeps it from being monotonous when I listen to it on repeat time and again, which I have. Really feels like a solid choice for the title screen, and/or maybe for a pre-mission screen.

>future
20 MINUTE ORCHESTRAL VERSION OF THE TITLE SONG

Okay, something that will surely be needed is a combat theme or several, ideally short looping ones that can be switched between if the battle is going well or going poorly--so more tense or dramatic if the armies are evenly matched; less nervous, more victorious if it's an easy win; tragic or sacrificial if the battle is going badly.

Something else that would be good is a more low-key piece (like the last 50 seconds of the title rather than the first minute) for the main in-game music, or something longer and less distinctive in its various parts so that it isn't monotonous when people have been playing for a while. I love this piece but if it was 2 hours straight loop with just battle music breaking it up, even I might get sick of it.
>>
>>46736369
My favourite part has to be the end of the title sequence with the guitar. I find that extremely nice to listen to, any expansion on that theme I would absolutely lap up.

>hour long loop
>pls
>>
>>46736624
>Organizational Chart
Thank you. I imagine one spends a lot of time in this section, so an ambient track would be nice. Not quite sure what the theme would be though.
>>46736645
>>46736706
Thank you. This was the first time I was making something like this, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. A more low-key piece would indeed be nice. The main idea here was to pump out some sort of melody that could be a "main theme" of the game.

So, I'll get to work on
>Organizational Chart ambient track
>Low-key starmap track, probably 2 of these.
>A battle track
>>
>>46736706
Yo Streamline, I'm having an issue with the current build.
It doesn't let me back out of a selection, so I end up being stuck on a single Marine's profile.
>>
>>46736912
What happens when you press the back button? Do you get the button sound, any flicker?

And is it repeatable on multiple reloads?

Operating system / computer type?
>>
>>46736369
Gimme some yung lean please
>>
>>46736980
Ima havin the same problem.
Theres just a blank box where the (im assuming) the back button should be
>>
File: In pretend.jpg (96 KB, 746x928) Image search: [Google]
In pretend.jpg
96 KB, 746x928
>>46734885

It's time for my favourite chapter master post!
>>
>>46737101
>Theres just a blank box where the (im assuming) the back button should be
Yeah, you're using just an arrow to stand in right?
I even had that not work.
>>
File: bug.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>46736980
The arrow disappears
>Enter chapter management
>press command
>press back
>arrow is gone and nothing happens when you press the white box.
also
>press menu during opened chapter management window
>flicker menu and disappear
>everything frezees
>spam where you think exit is
>get back to title
>press newgame
>ohno
>>
>>46737129
Just tested this with help of a friend having similar issues, will resolve and put out a new release in 30m or so.

Just to confirm, this is only when editing the chapter master, right?
>>
>>46737117
Would be fun to have a robot voice saying this
>I survived
>by being dead
>in pretend
just barely audible during some ambient theme
>>
>>46737117
Story behind this one?
>>
>>46737195
>Just to confirm, this is only when editing the chapter master, right?
No, it's happened with squads at the very least...
>>
Wouldn't be a game without bugs needing fixing. Kind of cool that we can find them right away though.
>>
File: Trully unarmed.png (282 KB, 559x672) Image search: [Google]
Trully unarmed.png
282 KB, 559x672
>>
File: 1373784731160.gif (384 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1373784731160.gif
384 KB, 350x263
>>46737117
That's great
>>
>>46737256
Skip to 8:36
https://youtu.be/eG82ruvH0jc
>>
>>46737465
do people think these videos are funny?
>>
>>46737697
Here I thought it was just me missing things.
>>
>>46737697
>Are these funny to people
Damn fucking right they are. I've enjoyed every one and he has quite a following.
>>
Fuck yeah, good to see this is going
>>
>>46737697
I like a lot of them
>>
Alright I've solved a lot of the issues but not quite to my satisfaction so i'll release the fix tomorrow after i get some sleep.

Also fixed all the white, i have an inverted theme on so it all appeared black to me. The white gave me a migraine when i saw it.
>>
>>46739583
Where in your timeline is setting up flavor-event code?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.