[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All Proxies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: 8UW63xu[1].jpg (283 KB, 2305x1034) Image search: [Google]
8UW63xu[1].jpg
283 KB, 2305x1034
as a partial challenge I'm making a Sisters of battle force out of nothing but third party models, Raging Heroes, Wargames Exclusive, Prodos Games, and so forth, some will be a bit down the way, but one I'm trying to figure out now is the Repentia, I dislike the hood design on the existing figures and am planning to give them big clumsy helmets, where can I find minis with helmets like that of Pyramid head?

Also Proxy General I guess
>>
>>46733039
Steamborg with a little MIT of greenstuff would be a cool SoB.
>>
>>46733643
looking it up, it wouldn't be bad with some doing though out of box it would also be great for Mechanicus armies
>>
>>46733039
If you put those next to normal GW models, the models around them would look even more stumpy, wide and dis-proportioned than normal.

That said, those are some fucking fine models.
>>
>>46734316
hence why I don't intend to include GW sister sculpts, while not terrible at all, metal is difficult to work with and they are a bit out dated
>>
File: 0.jpg (14 KB, 447x384) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
14 KB, 447x384
>>46733039
mfw getting the fantasy version of those models and all the other slut models they are releasing
>>
inb4 a stack of toiler papers as warhound titan
>>
>>46734666
If you cant wait for slut minis, Prodos games and wargame exclusive has you covered
>>
>>46733039

I dumped 120$ on Raging Heroes kickstarter. Very much looking forward to getting and painting.
>>
>>46733039
anyone else where planning a proxy heavy army?
>>
>>46733039
I like the designs of these overall, but the "burlesque babes" poses are fucking awful. Like sub-Infinity awful
>>
>>46736731
poses can be fixed with proper cutting and green stuff
>>
a good one stop hub for minis

https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/miniatures/ammon-miniatures
>>
>>46734666
Oh shit, that's my exact face too!
it's been a long ass wait
>>
>>46733039
Im currently converting some Goristi war dancers into Sisters of battle. Adding bolters and back packs and such bits
>>
>>46739093

I really do wish the SOB had a decent melee unit.

But then, decent <Type> unit is generally their big issue.
>>
>>46736654
I am working on a proxy heavy Renegades army(Partially because I am cheap, partially because they don't make models for most of the army). Using the official cultists and Frostgrave cultists with Cadian arms for renegade militia, Mantic Zombies and Ghouls for the zombies, official renegade bits for the veterans, these WW2 guns I picked up as artillery, 3D printed tanks with official conversion bits, and a Rackham Confrontation wizard with tubes attached as the Arch Demagogue psyker as the leader of my army.
>>
>>46739418
You have repentia, but those suffer the whole "Never get into melee" sydrome. Overall, the Sisters of Battle do best when they stick to their guns: Flamers, flamers and more flamers.

Although, Im just converting them as a basic SoB since I had them and a bunch of marine bits laying around.
>>
been thinking about bashing together a tomb kings army, sadly it's going to be hard to replace the beauty of the necrosphinx
>>
>>46742071
You can still buy recasts of the Necrosphinx. Tomb Kings are definitely good kitbash material, as a million companies make skeletons, and a million other ones make Egyptian bits.
>>
>>46742071
Ebay is your friend. Depending on how long you're willing to wait they'll probably turn up at reasonable prices once the squatting hype dies down. Also, does anyone know if chinaman has the it? That would make it much easier.
>>
>>46742855
every place I search for chinaman has been taken down
>>
>>46742071
http://z4.invisionfree.com/Khemri/index.php?showtopic=12629
>>
File: F70J4CQGU7FA14U.MEDIUM.jpg (55 KB, 463x620) Image search: [Google]
F70J4CQGU7FA14U.MEDIUM.jpg
55 KB, 463x620
>>46742071
Conversion fun. Pic related is a Hierotitan made from a [spoile]John Cena[/spoiler] action figure.
>>
>>46743744
Where is it?
>>
Which proxies would you pic even if you didn't need the replacement?
>>
>>46750580
None because I'm not a poorfag and I'm not cheap either and all proxies are shit, you just lie to yourself to not feel as bad
>>
Ded three
>>
How is that challenge OP? "Scifi bimbo" miniatures are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>46752879
I think it's because he's trying to make an army that looks BETTER then any of GWs product and many of the third party mini shops can make one appreciate how GW stuff looks
>>
>>46736760
Have you looked at OP's pic? While possible for someone with really strong GS skills, fixing those legs would be an incredibly daunting and time-consuming task, given the multiple tiny fluted armor plates and interfering swirls of cloth. I get that this is my own problem, cause most people seem to enjoy the whole "cheesy tasteless bitches" thing, I just wish these armor designs, which really are nice and even restrained, given the absurd levels of cheesecake most proxy manufacturers default to, had less Coyote Ugly poses.
>>
>>46753722
not the same guy but I'm planning to add stuff to the base, make the poses, less showing off and more them in the middle of an action, make it look less "sexy Pose" and more dynamic
>>
>>46733039
Faux-dynamic glampose bullshit is why I pass on Raging Heroes' strippershit lady monopose models.

They're good for what they are, but it's what they are that makes me not want them.

Their Deldar and Slaaneshi options are nice, but I've no interest in having those.
>>
>>46754000
To be fair I'd take that to GW's normal poses. Half of GWs lines have this weird "walking to the bathroom with pants full of poo" kind of squatting, kind of walking, pose.

Why can't designers just come up with a few running, walking, kneeling, "poses that actually make it look like they are doing something battle related". I mean sure have some over the top "dynamic" poses but keep them for heroes and attention grabbing units.

And yeah, I know, "space on the sprue" or "easier to mold" or what ever. But when you're charging so much and have released fairly good posed models, in the past under a cheaper price tag, you lose those arguments.
>>
>>46756527
I can agree that GW poses are mostly lame, but even the whole power squats look works far better than the stuff like OP's pic, which makes armies of the minis too impractical. Its sorta like the Wulfen: Theres a point where "Dynamic" turns into being silly. The poses work for Characters or unit leaders, but sucks for shit like grunts.

I just want units to look similiar enough to one another, while still being interchangeable.
>>
>>46756840
Agreed. I just don't understand why model designers do it.

Nobody has ever (apart from you, you special snowflake, I can hear you thinking) looked at a basic grunt model and gone "yep, that's the faction for me" the models that sell your army are your heroics, your big flagship models. You can afford to be a little bit bland and basic with men of the line. Just give them some nice normal combat poses and I'd be happy as Larry.
>>
>>46756978
Though I will say the two models on either end of that picture are a happy middle ground. Those would look pretty good for unit leaders.
>>
>>46750885
I would be fine with buying the official models for their regular price if they still sold them. They don't though, so I am out of options. Its not as if most of the Tomb Kings line wasn't dated and kind of bad looking even compared to GW's other undead.
>>
>>46758569
that reminds me, where is chinaman so i can buy the recasts?
>>
>>46760667
google yoyhammer and work from there.

There are multiple chinaman recasters to choose from.
>>
>>46733039
Pledged liutenant box, what could i get to start a sister army?
>>
>>46739418
Ally with inquisition and put the repentia on a land raider, then laugh launching them to your opponent knight
>>
>>46756840
The point of this miniaturas is the oversexualized cheesiness. If you don't like that then don't look at anything of raging heroes
>>
>>46739418
eclisiarchy battle conclave, 4 crusaders + 6 death cult and a priest can be pretty nasty, you're putting out 24 ws5 i6 s4 ap3 attacks on the charge with re-rolls to hit and, assuming war hymns go off, any hits that come back have to get through a re-rollable 3+ invuln
>>
>>46733039
I cant decide if these are better or worse then the SoB panty helms
>>
>>46733039
>>46734666
Got any painted?
>>
>>46764397
they aren't released yet, those are renders for the 3-D printers
>>
>>46764622
LAME
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.