[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In this universe, Mexico is the world superpower.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Mapa_Mexico_Con_Bandera.png (189 KB, 1280x834) Image search: [Google]
Mapa_Mexico_Con_Bandera.png
189 KB, 1280x834
>In this universe, Mexico is the world superpower.
>>
>>46731140
>Narcoverse
>>
File: Rustled.png (513 KB, 621x421) Image search: [Google]
Rustled.png
513 KB, 621x421
>not including Texas, California etc as part of Mexico
>>
>>46731140
Explain
>>
>>46731140
Wasnt the earth guys main base in gundam somewhere in mexico? Or was it farther down?
>>
File: 1454365762987.jpg (17 KB, 500x615) Image search: [Google]
1454365762987.jpg
17 KB, 500x615
>>46731156
>including Texas, California etc as part of Mexico
>>
>Mexico construye una pared para evitar la entrada a estadounidenses
>>
>>46731230
Brazil, IIRC.
>>
>>46731140
I could actually see it. Say that Spain remained the dominant colonial power instead of declining and giving the spot to the UK. Hell maybe the armada was a success and England's now a client state of the Spanish Empire.

Flash forward to the Mexican War of Independence, make up some shit about a stronger Spain meaning a stronger Mexico, and without the United States around to cuck them into Third World status Mexico ends up taking over most of lower North America.
>>
It's possible, things were going pretty well for Mexico in the 19th century compared to other countries, things just sort of fell apart as the 20th century went along.
>>
>banda norteña is the most popular genre in the world

fuck that shit

>>46731260
jejesillo
>>
>>46731594
>Mexico achives global domination through the power of music
>>
Blame Napoleon, as always.
>>
>>46731140
>Mexico is a Superpower
Why? I'm not saying they can't be, but you can't just make alternate history assertions. You need to give valid and realistic reasons.
>>46731465
Not quite. I was with you until "a Strong Spain means a Strong Mexico". Colonialism was all about resource extraction. A strong England and France did fuckall for any of their colonies' strength for example, the colonists are mostly left to their own devices after initial conquests and as long as the resources continue to flow into the capital of the Empire.

To make Mexico a super-power they have to be resource-rich and powerful on the world stage.

For this to happen, the silver and mineral resources found there have to stay in central America. They CANNOT go back to Spain. If Mexico remains wealthy, and somehow gets access to European technology then I could see it, but it would take a massive suspension of disbelief, simply due to the disparate levels of technology.

On a side note it would also take the US not ever being a thing. The US could not ever exist in this scenario
>>
>>46731140
>>In this universe, Mexico is the world superpower.+ 0 post omitted.
That's just Call of Duty: Ghosts.
>>
>>46732319
>you can't just make alternate history assertions
It's called fantasy?
Alternatively, you're merely asking OP to elaborate more on the setting, which I'm also interested in listening about
>>
>>46731594
Yuck. Banda norteña is the worst. Everybody hates northern mexicans, just the same way everybody hates central mexicans. Goddamed mexicans, they ruined México! (Meeeeh it's kinda true).
Everybody loves Yucatan people because they have the silliest accents, tho.
>>
>>46733546
>It's called fantasy
No it's not. It's Mexico, which is a real-life modern day country with a real-life history. Nothing in the OP ever indicated there was fantastical elements of any sort. If you play in settings where everything is justified with
>"It's fantasy bruh don't think about it"
then how do you ever have any fun?

I'm saying OP has not considered the lasting geopolitical and social consequences of his idea and has not come up with a realistic scenario to justify it. I then proceeded to suggest what kind of history that a Super-power mexico would necessitate
>>
>>46731140
>write my setting for me, the post.
>>
>>46733669
>Nothing in the OP ever indicated there was fantastical elements of any sort.
OP consists of one sentence, and a very fantastical one at that.
>>
>Todo el mundo celebrando el dia de los muertos

Noooooo
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.