[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we make a setting for this map I drew out of boredom.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Map.jpg (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
1 MB, 1024x768
ITT: we make a setting for this map I drew out of boredom.
>>
>>46730565
The southernmost port city is named Dickstown, on account of its founder being named Richard
>>
>>46730565
I prose the races: Gnomes in the North, Skaven in the Eastern Islands, Humans in the South, and Cyclops in the West.
>>
>>46730665
>>46730585

Which makes Dickstown a frequent target for Skaven raiders
>>
>>46730665
Swap the humans with warforge style servant golems that are all that's left of an ancient human civilisation.
Boom. Mystery! Ruins! Dungeons! Ancient magic! Secret technologies! All yours for adventuring in and with.
>>
>>46730726

Better yet, have master-lees warforges turned tribal barbarians up north.
>>
>>46730911

master-LESS

Stupid keyboard...
>>
>>46730565

SENTIENT LEEKS! THEIR MORTAL ENEMIES: BIRDS!
>>
>>46730911
>>46730726

So it's basically civilized robots waging war to tribal robots while gnomes adventure in their lands trying to steal/study the arcane components inside them. What are skavens doing down there then? Stealing bolts for reforging and selling?
>>
>>46731010

Figure so. I just thought after the collapse of civilization, all those human-assisting robots would have to retreat into the tundra in order to try and start over. Battling the elements, they'd just over-time become Season 6 Walking Dead characters- emotionless savages.
>>
>>46730911

I've actually been toying with that in a planescape reworking - basically have the modrons split into cathedral/heirarchy modrons, and then a load of "barbarian" modrons deeper into mechanus (where things get cold and the great gears of mechanus begin to slow and freeze solid as "The Ultimate Order of Ice" takes hold) whose schtick is that they're "orderly" in the weird autism that you need when living in extreme conditions, everything kept to a manageable routine, all neccesary tools checked and double checked before use etc - just 3d6 unidrones with levels in barbarian and sometimes a duodrone with levels in druid (and a coin flip to detirmine whether they were hostile or neutral and PCs could trade with the Duodrones)
>>
>>46731673

dammit forgot the wackiest part of the barbarian modrons: They had this weird obsession with "claiming a clock" and would raid other planes and steal people's clocks as part of some weird "coming of age ceremony" - every unidrone and duodrone would carry the clock they'd stolen from their raids on their back, and the idea was that it wasn't clear if the modrons treated the clocks like booty or as wives. (playing off of that one story Tale-Chaser had of the modron who fell in love with a clock from planescape: Torment)
>>
Don't forget, no gnomes live above the mountain line in the north because they believe it's cursed. It's actually haunted by humans.
>>
>>46732049

Humans as creepy murderous monsters that linger on the outskirts of civilisation could be a thing.
>>
>>46730565

How'd you make the map, OP?
>>
>>46733035
I would also like to know this. My google-fu is too weak to find results.
>>
>>46733035
Inkarnate.com
>>
As crazy as it sounds, I like the whole post-humans robots vs gnomes thing.
Let's go on with names for regions and cities, shall we?
I could even update the map later if we can come up with something enjoyable.
>>
>>46734129

This better result in a Risk-game or civ...

I imagine the main village for the feral warforges would be named Serft, as they remember that the word used to mean something important. (serve)
>>
>>46730565
looks like Westros to me
>>
>>46738417

Not rectangular enough, westeros is literally like someone just stuck fjords all over a civ 1 map.
>>
>>46737237

Then there could be a village on the snowline called Softserft.
>>
I fucking hate that stupid program and the samey homogenized maps it shits out
>>
File: beepboopbeep.jpg (963 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
beepboopbeep.jpg
963 KB, 1024x768
>>46730585
>>46734129
updated map

>>46738835
don't know where to put this
>>
>>46739328

That town just north up the river from beepboop
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.