[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, on the off chance that Games Workshop ends up advancing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Omega_Vault.jpg (132 KB, 465x698) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Vault.jpg
132 KB, 465x698
So, on the off chance that Games Workshop ends up advancing the plot of 40k, ala Fantasy, and revealing the End Times of that universe, what's the one thing you'd like to see resolved?

Personally, it's the Omega Vault for me.
>>
>>46728952
Calling it now, its filled with necrons.
>>
>>46728952
It contains the last fully functional A.I. from the DaoT.

Or most of one. Part of the reason for hunting down STC fragments was to try and fill in the gaps in its brain. It's about 70% finished.

Too controversial to reveal with the Mechanicus still holding to the First Commandment but if all is lost then there is nothing to loose.
>>
>>46728952

>FFG canon

They're just as likely not to touch it, though with the inclusion of the Deathwatch game there's a chance. More likely it'll go unresolved, overshadowed by whatever the fuck they throw in to make the End Times epc and big and over-the-top.

The setting has too many fucking things set to resolve at the minutes-to-midnight mark in 40k to cover during the End Times; every faction has some specific legend, prophecy, goal... Fuck, every First Founding chapter and a good number of assorted chapters after that have their own stories to resolve, many of them conflicting. Space Marine plot resolution would outnumber nearly all factions combined. And in FFG fluff there's even more eclectic stuff floating around that's potentially sector-shattering.
>>
>>46728973
I'm guessing a benevolent AI but I guess a crazy necron lord that wants to be bros could be a thing too.
>>
>>46728952
It's got an image of Emps and a coiling serpent, and the fluff implies there's some sort of weapon or artifact in there which means it's probably something to do with how the Emperor defeated the Void Dragon, a weapon or an AI or something to give him a powerful edge over a sentient machine.

However it should also be noted that according to BL and HH fluff (which though terrible, still does exist) the Serpent is a symbol for Horus and Chaos (Serpent lodge is the one that turned etc etc.) so it could be a weapon to defeat him if Horus ever returns.

Personally I've always liked the idea that it's either a massively power AI, a Shard of the Void Dragon OR that it's something to do with what Happened to Horus' soul
>>
>>46728952
Resolved?

If Vulkan lives. Otherwise what happened to the Primarchs.

Surprisingly 40k Actually has plenty of existing canon to help it do something like AOS

>Tera and Mars survive because they create a make-shift Human Webway
>Emperor is reborn anew
>The imperium collapses into areas controlled by the founding Space Marines Chapters as all the off-shoots fortify the homeworlds / bases etc.
>Chaos able to recover key STC's allowing them to sort of 'advance' tech and aesthetic wise so everything looks / is ancient in design but comparable in power.
>Destruction and war lead to the pushing out of Slaanesh
>Orks join in because Orks
>Eldar largely unchanged except now its a super-fleet always in motion rather than independent world ships.
>Necrons and Tau use space magic and tech to remain alive for now.
>Reboot comes along and it's about a new age of Unification where mars actually makes stuff from the safety of its webway as STC searching is no longer a possibility.
>Inquisition becomes a full police force of Tera alongside the Emperors Palace Guard.

I'd buy it
>>
File: Auspicator.jpg (799 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Auspicator.jpg
799 KB, 1920x1080
>>46728952
>the one thing you'd like to see

YouTube video of that tranny fronting BL to codify that everything they and GW/FW/FF publish is explicitly a canon Story - not a canon Fact. Ex:

Yes, someone definitely said that crons have a jolly red History Eraser button hidden somewhere that they call "The Orrery." Is it true? You decide.

Yes, someone actually said that they could communicate with other galaxies, and had got the impression from these chats that nid fleets [depicted as larger than OUR galaxy] may not be hunting - but FLEEING!!!!111!! oneelevenzomg!

Is it true? Of course not.

The Grimdark brand has for too long been diluted with lazy, pants-on-head shitscribble of the Wardian [lol carved muh nishulz] variety. This scenario of GW not enabling fluff autists to scare potential players out of the LGS by spouting grimderp as IC 'news' is only sensible from a business perspective.

That's how we know it'll never happen ...
>>
The power field in Guilliman's tomb fail, only for Marneas Calgar to discover that his primarch is actually a daemon Prince
>>
File: Pentagon what the fuck you said.jpg (127 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Pentagon what the fuck you said.jpg
127 KB, 800x800
>>46731263
Calm down and speak regular english anon. Your sperg is showing, please cover it up
>>
>>46729031

FFG Deathwatch canon is getting destroyed thanks to the Beast series (origin of the deathwatch) and the baord game. It pretty much makes the Deathwatch RPGs an alternate universe sort of thing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.