[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
See this guy? He is feeling a bit lonely. You'll help him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Loom.png (41 KB, 1098x766) Image search: [Google]
Loom.png
41 KB, 1098x766
See this guy? He is feeling a bit lonely. You'll help him though, right?

We start with the alignment table. If it turns out evil, he won't judge, he'll just be a bit disappointed.
First roll is a 1d10. First roll to show sticks.

<s>joke's on capcha, I am a robot.</s>
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>46721922
>>46722125
>>
Rolling a 3 gets you either Chaotic Good, or Neutral Evil. Go ahead and hold on to that choice for now, we'll see which fits best later.

Let's see, for the next table I'll just put other- that'll be the Origin table- unless 4chan's /tg/ counts as extradimensional. or something.

The next roll is 3d20, and that'll tell us what it looks like.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>46722210
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>46722210
>>46722217
>>
Rolled 17, 1, 15 = 33 (3d20)

>>46722210
>>
Taking 17, 1, and 15 gives us...

Missing one or more eyes / Many eyes

Humanoid

Elemental / Piscine

Each line is still one or the other, where applicable. You can't be missing eyes and have ex- well I guess you can be missing extra eyes, but then what's the point?
By the way, if any of that needs explanation, I've got that too.

Next roll is for Personality. This shows us what it's expected to act like.
Roll 3d20.
>>
Rolled 3, 20, 8 = 31 (3d20)

>>46722336
>>
Rolled 18, 10, 2 = 30 (3d20)

>>46722336
>>46722347
>>
3, 20, and 8 tells me it is...

Cruel / Mischievous

Calculating / Impulsive

Indifferent / Lazy

Not exactly the best, but people will be people I suppose.
Next up are the Goals, the big things that it wants to make happen. Roll 2d10 for this one.
>>
Rolled 4, 20 = 24 (2d20)

>>46722401
>>
Rolled 9, 9 = 18 (2d10)

>>46722401
>>46722485
>>
>>46722485
>4, 20
Obviously his goal is to be the best pot dealer in the world
>>
9 and 9 gets the job, that being...

Recognition / Gaining Power

.... Um...
Since you rolled the same thing twice, you can either take both of them, or re-roll one of those nines.

You can do that, or move on to the next roll, that being 1d20 for it's interests, and 1d20 for it's Greatest Flaw. I like to roll that as 2d20.
>>
Rolled 7, 8 = 15 (2d20)

>>46722559
>>
You know, if all you wanted was a dice roller I can hook you up with a few websites. You don't need to use 4chan for your 30 consecutive d20 rolls
>>
Right, thank you- a 7 and and 8 in that order gets...

an interest in Discipline / Torture
and
the flaw of an Inferiority Complex / Hates Self.

Last couple of rolls, now. This'll see what it is actually a god of. Oh, by the way, we were making a god. Surprise!
Anyways, 2d20 to see what it's a god of.
>>
>>46722590
Based on what the guy said in the OP, he's probably setting up a quest or something
>>
File: Face Closeup.png (14 KB, 310x201) Image search: [Google]
Face Closeup.png
14 KB, 310x201
>>46722590
Sure, but what fun would that be? It's always better to get more people involved.
>>
Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d20)

>>46722622
>>
1 and 4 says this is a god of...

Magic / Stars

Light / Darkness

And that's all the rolls. The only things left is deciding which options you rolled are going into this, deciding if you want to prioritize your personality traits and goals, and usually you stick a name on these sorts of things.
In summary, this dude is either...
CG/NE
Missing one or more eyes/Many eyed
Humanoid
Elemental/Piscine

Cruel/Mischievous
Calculating/Impulsive
Indifferent/Lazy

Seeks Recognition
Seeks to Gain Power

Interested in Discipline/Torture
Flawed with Inferiority complex/Hates self
Is a god of
Magic/Stars
Light/Darkness
>>
I like to think myself at least kind of helpful, so here's where I got these tables from. This ancient tome of lore, full of forgotten knowledge.

http://blulightroleplaying.blogspot.com/

I am not it's creator, but it's been a while since I've seen it do anything interesting. And when something isn't doing anything interesting, you do interesting things to it. Or something.
Anyways, do what you will.
>>
Begin!
>>
>>46723132
...Okay? The whole point was to let you do this part, but I grow impatient. I'm putting him together, but the tools I have to work with- well... There's more than one reason I was letting you do this instead of handling it all myself.
Picture incoming in a bit, drawing with a mouse is horrendous.
>>
File: A'Lum.png (219 KB, 1098x766) Image search: [Google]
A'Lum.png
219 KB, 1098x766
It only took me five thousand years, but it was quicker than waiting for you, apparently. I dub it... A'Lum.

A'Lum is a god crafted from a dark, magical energy. It is quirky and irresponsible, but ultimately of net good intent. A'Lum is ever interested in becoming greater than he is, but it also dabbles in seeing how far a mortal can be pushed before it gives up it's self imposed rules.
A'Lum feels it isn't "good enough", and sometimes lashes out at inopportune times.
>>
File: First Light charsheet Loom.png (94 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
First Light charsheet Loom.png
94 KB, 720x900
Just for kicks, and because nothing else is happening, I'll go ahead and post the sheet for Loom.
I actually made this quite a while ago, now. Around the first time First Light was spotted on /tg/. It still hasn't seen proper use in a game.
>>
>>46724210
Okay...now what?
>>
>>46724427
Have fun.

That's an order.

If you want something more specific, someone could run a quest, I guess.
You could draw a different picture that's not so terrible.
You could draw a different conclusion from those same dice rolls and get someone else.
You can roll some dice yourself, now that you have the book, and make someone else entirely.
You can badger some friends into rolling up gods, and either run a game of first light or use these gods in whatever other game you play.
You got options, is what I'm saying.
>>
File: visible autism.jpg (25 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
visible autism.jpg
25 KB, 277x296
>>46724501
...Get out.
>>
>>46724563
Or you could insult people without contributing anything helpful, that works too. If that's your idea of fun, then good for you.

If you really wanted that quest though, I'm going to have to disappoint you again. The only game I intend to run is for family only, in about two weeks.

In the meantime, First Light General or Plots for Playing Gods I guess.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.