[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #791
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46713087
>>
File: 1406422877276.jpg (79 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
1406422877276.jpg
79 KB, 435x326
>No edition
>>
>>46720938
editions are for noodles
>>
File: 2.jpg (267 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
267 KB, 800x533
>>46720938
>Come At Me, Bro edition
>>
>>46720979
Voldy looks fucking fabulous.
>>
>>46720887
>Editionless Edition: The Editioning: Electric Editionaloo
>>
Does a Magic Core from Fate or Demon Seed from Mushoku Tensei give a bigger boost to mana?
>>
Hey are there any perks that would let me quickly analyze the molecular makeup of materials without any equipment?
>>
File: bzzzz.jpg (102 KB, 400x454) Image search: [Google]
bzzzz.jpg
102 KB, 400x454
>7. Banjo-Kazooie

>Witch Doctor [900 left]
>17 years old (rolled)
>Rolled Witchyworld
>Eekum Bokum [Free Witch Doctor]
>Honeycombed [Discount Witch Doctor] [800 left]
>Hubba Hubba Humba [Discount Witch Doctor] [700 left]
>Mumbo Jumbo [Discount Witch Doctor] [500 left]
>Oomenacka [Discount Witch Doctor] [200 left]
>Zap Stick [Free Witch Doctor]
>Alchemy [100 left]
>Rhymes [200 left]
>Mixing Mixtures [0 left]
>Move On

We must be honest, /jc/ dear,
We've no clue what We're doing here.
However, We have found a perk,
That deals with honey, and that works.

This perk for mixing potions is perplexing.
We find thinking of immediate uses quite vexing.

Even so, We must admit at any rate,
That it will likely be useful at a later date.

We are not ready for Worm, We must confess,
And a lack of preparatory ideas brings Us much stress.
>>
>>46721158
Teen Titans has a perk called Bioengineering that lets you grant animal themed superpowers, and Self Duplication that lets you be your own hive (with only one at full strength, true, but that's when you have drones on hand that dispense the mutagen and make your you-drones into bee drone powered mutants!
>>
>>46721051
Who the fuck knows?
>>
>>46721051
Not the maker of either, but I'd bet on the Demon Seed. I wouldn't bet real money, tho.
>>
>>46720979
what is it with this general and voldemort?
>>
>>46721349
That said, from what I remember Tushoku Tensei regen rates don't scale upwards with their power growth very well, so the Magic Core (as long as it's the regenerating one from Fate not the normal one from Nasuverse King Arthur) plus Leaky Limiter probably allows for a fuckload more magic growth than either, or even Demon Seed with Leaky Limiter.
>>
>>46721373
It's mostly just me. Early on in the threads, I got a horcrux, and the Voldemort jokes started, so I've been rolling with it.
>>
>>46721398
Wait, does Leaky Limiter work with other mana sources than MT's?
>>
>>46721398
>regen rates scale
Neither does the magic cores. It only quick regens the magic you get from the core, not all of your magic.
>>
>>46721158
Oh, and Disnye Princess has an animal companion so you could pick up a bee friend there, and Arrowverse has Robotic Bees as an item. Sly Cooper lets has a perk called Animalia that lets you get some Bee traits, and Bloody Roar has a whole host of perks including the ability to give people bee zoanthrope forms.

Libriomancer has Hive Mind that lets you be ten bodies in a hive-ming (fancy that), and Smite and Skullgirls have ways to make all your powers bee themed. Smite also could let you flavor yourself as a bee god(dess) and has some powerful perks, and Skullgirls adds to that and can get you an army of 100 soldiers, who you could then grant bee powers to with the perks mentioned above.

You grabbed the bee plasmid from Bioshock, so maybe go to Bioshock Infinite and get the perk that lets you make your own, or the one that boosts your 'vigors' (renamed drinkable plasmids) and make super powered bee attacks.

Geneforge lets you do some impressive genetic engineering, and with that, Teen Titans Bioengineering, and some of the perks in the Zerg jump you could make your own Bee themed Zerg... as if the Zerg weren't scary enough.

I can't think of much else at the moment, other than things like having your Gravity Rush familiar that uses/lets you use gravity powers be a Bee...

Oh, Transformers has beast wars, which you could use to get a giant cyborg bee form.
>>
>>46721425
Huh.
>looks at perk wording
I guess it depends on whether you run your chain with "every jump's ki/chi/mana pool is different" or "all ki/chi/mana pools are the same ki/chi/mana pools". If you were keeping to the spirit of the perk, though, the latter still wouldn't allow you to build up your mana pool any faster.
>>
>>46721051
They aren't meant to be compared, they're both huge mana boosters for their setting that puts you head and shoulders over others there.
>>
>>46721506
... Disney.
hive-mind.

This is what I get for turning off autocorrect.

Anyway, hope those help a bit.

Oh, also Naruto has Aburame, who use chakra draining insects. There's a filler clan that uses bees. Even if you can't be one right off the bat you could study their techniques and also buy a Bee summoning contract.
>>
Ok, since I don't think the thread exists anymore, I wish to once more bring up the Reddit thread with the prototype Gamer jump.

After going over what the group here (not everyone, just those who answered my question as to why the Gamer setting was so taboo here), I feel I must point out that the person who made the prototype jump did include other options other than Gamer, and they are good options.

If someone could make a more /TG/ friendly version? Or just bump the cost of the Gamer related perks and such up by double the cost, or even triple, would that be acceptable?

I ask only because I want to include it in my jump, and while I could care less for group approval, you guys are right that the Space Battle's group are a bunch of lunatics, and you guys, at least, have good reasons to defend your decisions (most of the time, at any rate).

Here's the link, just in case you haven't seen it:

https://re.reddit.com/r/JumpChain/comments/3usjnz/my_the_gamer_jump_prototype_all_feedback_welcome/
>>
File: Vespiquen.full.1416331.jpg (637 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Vespiquen.full.1416331.jpg
637 KB, 1680x1050
>>46721321
>>46721506
>>46721567
Why, thank you, anon! We appreciate the advice!

>8. Teen Titans

>Human [Free!]
>Nerd [900 left]
>17 years old (rolled)
>Engineering [Free Nerd]
>Bioengineering [Discount Nerd] [800 left]
>Self-Duplication [200 left]
>Telepathy [Discount Nerd] [50 left]
>Costume [Free!]
>Theme Song [Free!]
>Holographic Disguise Rings [0 left]
>Move On

And with this ring, We can disguise Ourselves as human! This should give Us time to avoid too much attention from heroes or villains while We grow used to our new knowledge and abilities.
>>
>>46721698
If the creator wants it on here, he can bring it here and recieve criticism here. Talk to him and see if he will do that, if not, drop the subject or make your own.
>>
>>46721757
Ok, but I don't have a Reddit account.
>>
>>46721757
>or make your own.
Can we? I'm not that anon, but I mean, I thought group opinion was pretty much "fuck off" when it came to making a Gamer jump.

I'd like it just for the EXP ability, myself.
>>
>>46721726
Didn't Teen Titans have something about pheromones where you could control people? Why didn't you take that? or was that DC I'm thinking of?
>>
>>46721780
I do, but it doesn't look like he's really active. The last thing he did was 4 months ago.
>>
>>46721780
That's your problem then eh? If you want it so much, put in the effort for it.

>>46721796
If you can get past all the problems people have brought up and make one that satisfies people then I don't see why not. People say 'fuck off' because all the past attempts at one, generally just from SB, have been so awful and only support the flaws people say about it.
>>
>>46721802
I think that's Franken Fran.
>>
>>46721802
Too tired to search the drive now, but I think there was a character in YJ called Queen Bee who had that ability? May want to see if it's there.
>>
>>46721802
That's DC. I think it's on the Accident perkline.
>>
>>46721823
I haven't even read the series, so I'd have no idea where to start. I was just curious.
>>
>>46721461
Yes, but that's a large chunk of mana that regens frequently to be doubled. It'll increase your growth rate significantly.
>>
>>46721823
Is the stuff in that canon? If so, I don't really see the problem. I find the Natural Ability User powers more appealing than the Gamer powers.
>>
While we're talking about making jumps, I'm currently watching The Seven Deadly Sins and was wondering if anyone is working on a jump for it? Or is it too early for a jump?
>>
>>46720405
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46002230/#46025952
>>
>>46721698
Easy way to fix the Gamer Jump: don't let anyone be the Gamer. Han Jee-Han's power is unique and unprecedented, and there's no reason to hand it out. The Abyss has a lot of other options for being relevant to the setting, so offer those up instead.
>>
>>46721956
Too early yet, someone's already sitting on it waiting for the series to progress anyhow.
>>
>>46721989
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>46721957
That's not how Softcap works, though.
>>
>>46721956
I would like to see a jump based on Se7en first. Complete with drop-in being based on John Doe (if perhaps not outright making you a maniac, just giving insights on things to do along those lines). File this under jumps that won't ever happen, though.
>>
>>46721921
As far as I know, the Natural Abilities listed are non-canon, and were likely put in based on how it was noted that Natural Abilities either start really strong or allow for infinite growth.
>>
>>46722097
IIRC the Ascendant thing is based on something they talked about in the story, I don't think we've actually seen it yet though.
>>
>>46722122
Ah, my apologies about that then.
>>
>>46722097
So that's a good option. Pick whether you want to be a Strong Starter, Late Bloomer, or just be an Acquired Ability User.
>>
>>46722220
There's actually a drawback for that, "Impatient". It gives you immediate power for what you rolled, but gimps it somehow.
>>
Question about the X-Com 2 jump, if Strike happens to look in-thread: if we take the 'Power Vacuum' drawback, do we still have to get everything done within ten years, or are we stuck until we are able to unite the Earth?
>>
>>46722021
Okay, but the person in charge of actually managing the Represent Semblance as a perk said yes.

Now, to get to the nitty-gritty, I'm not sure why. Softcap makes things you can train to be better always able to get better. So, if it's the perk that's doing it, either they can be trained better somehow but the practical limit is pretty low for both the initial semblance and the softcap limit aka training for 10 years straight for the smallest gains or Clover's just adding a hardcap to the Softcap perk when applied to semblance training.

Now, it might also be a special ruling saying if you have that perk it becomes trainable. This is within the Clovers power to do.

And the third option: Clover forgot how Softcap works and made a ruling based on a misunderstanding.

I don't really care either way. I'll trust Clover because they are named after my favorite flower and like penguins a lot.
>>
>>46722272
Oh. Didn't even realize it was you that posted the archive link.

Thanks, anyway. Appreciate it.
>>
File: JumpChain Jump List.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JumpChain Jump List.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Here's the updated jump list. It is probably missing some warehouse add-ons, things that follow you, and +/- 10 year durations but I might actually put this on the drive soon. If anyone knows anything that is missing off the top of their heads (especially jumps, might have missed some since I last updated this) let me know.
>>
>>46722750
It's missing the Gauntlets for one.
>>
What are some low-power Shounen? I want to visit some Shounen settings early on, buti don't want to deal with the escalation that leads to people destroying mountains by farting.
>>
>>46722750
Huh. I thought we were barely over 500 jumps. Had no idea we were actually closer to 600.
>>
>>46722860
They're under Gauntlet, wanted to make it clear without adding another column.
>>
>>46722875
I'm pretty sure Pokemon counts. There's also Medabots?
>>
>>46722914
Ah, ok. Cool!

Speaking of, anyone else wish we had more of those?
>>
Nanomaster, you think this would be enough to combine my armor with my power ring, power battery, and Power Gauntlet ?
>>
>>46722875
Hunter x Hunter, I guess. It still escalates, but it's surprisingly tame far as shounen goes.

I actually don't know if it counts as shounen, but Digimon's pretty low key so long as you stay within the actual shows.
>>
>>46722977
>spoiler text
...shit, it's too bad I've already gone and done all of the DC jumps, that inspired a hell of an idea. But sticking one of each different kind of power ring in a gauntlet would probably not be conductive to someone's mental health anyway.
>>
>>46722750
Young Justice is missing.
>>
>>46722977
No.
>>
>>46723024
>would probably not be conductive to someone's mental health anyway.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>46723040
... Oops. I'll put that right on it.
>>
>>46722977
Actually this makes me think of an odd question. Lets say you have a pokedex and/or a Pip boy and the Nanomaster perk with your body being filled with Nanites. Can you absorb either or both of those items in to your body, combining their function with the nanites by recreating them in your body.
>>
>>46722750
Heaven's Lost Property is missing, too.
>>
>>46723530
Of course it is.
>>
>>46723600
Weird reaction.
>>
>>46723660
I think the joke's lost on you anon.
>>
>>46723660
Well, it's not called Heaven's Found Property. Now, has anyone checked the fridge?
>>
>>46723530
It was just pointed out to me, and is now on the list.
>>
File: 1398836243566.png (64 KB, 309x235) Image search: [Google]
1398836243566.png
64 KB, 309x235
>>46723660
Well, it's lost, isn't it?
>>
>>46723683

Actually has Heaven told anyone what it lost? I mean it might be the fridge they lost.
>>
File: 1398674419175.jpg (41 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1398674419175.jpg
41 KB, 720x480
>>46723680
>>46723683
>>46723700
Oooooh
>>
>>46723711
It's their inflata- erm, feathery blow up dolls.
>>
File: image.png (6 MB, 1280x1955) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 MB, 1280x1955
>>46723024
You mean kinda like this?
>>
>>46724176
Yes, except in nice compact Infinity Gauntlet style. That's too gaudy for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 736x1039) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 736x1039
>>46724208
>>
>>46724176
What kind of weapons grade schizophrenia do you need to pull that off?
>>
>>46724278
I think just about any jumper could actually pull that off on one of their bad days. It's tough being thousands of years old being pulled form one world and one life every 10 years or so. It would make you kind of cranky at times... and maybe a little crazy at times.
>>
>>46724278
He was chosen by the life entity to basically be leader of the new-new guardians of the universe. So he kinda cheated.
>>
>>46721096
Well...if you have a Symbiote from the Symbiote jump, I believe it can analyse anything that you internalise (anything you swallow, breathe in, or absorb through your skin).

There are also lots of cyborg/mechanical forms that you could upgrade with neat sensors (a Transformers body or an IMAGINOS body from GUNNM comes to mind).

Alternatively, if you can see most of the electromagnetic spectrum, but in particular UV through to FLIR (ie thermal infra-red), most common chemicals should just be a matter of experience, since you're basically performing a spectrograph of anything you look at.

>>46722750
Um, I think you're missing all these, unless my ctrl+f is broken:
The Polity, Kingdoms of Alamur - The Reckoning, Once Upon A Time, Ring of Red, Legend of Mana, Skulduggery Pleasant, Libiromancer, Generic Children's Television, Blade and Viscera Cleanup Detail.
>>
>>46722977
>Not calling it the power glove
That just seems wrong
>>
>>46724375
Heck, with the right perks you could pull it off any day. There's one in particular from Psychonauts that I think would probably do the trick.
>>
Riddle me this, Jumpers and /jc/-lurkers:

If two people Fusion-Ha together with the variety of fusion techniques around, how does that impact their Stand?
>>
>>46724381
Wasn't it also a case of the Guardians' plan working too well?
>>
>>46724640
Depends on the fusion method.

Binbougami Ga would have two Stands. Gem Fusion would... actually, I'm not certain on that one. I suppose it depends on the harmony between the constituents, such that the result could have a completely unique and separate Stand or both, or some horrid mess that's constantly falling apart on the physical and spiritual levels.

Don't know any other ways of fusing, sorry.
>>
>>46721726
>Self-Duplication [200 left]
More than one Queen? You are no true bee.
>>
>>46724640
The name becomes a mash-up Title like We Will Rock You Amodeus or Dancing Queens of the Stone Age.
>>
>>46724640
You would end up with a Stand that is a fantastic mix of the two of them. For example, https://youtu.be/kiACFlHZ1IA
>>
>>46724720
Song of Union from Aquaria, and a perk in FFXIV.
>>
>>46724467
But that's so bad.
>>
File: Vespiqueen.png (254 KB, 595x269) Image search: [Google]
Vespiqueen.png
254 KB, 595x269
>9. Disney Princess

>19 years old (rolled)
>Princess [Role]
>Rolled Wonderland
>Sing A Little Song [Free!]
>"I Am" Song [Free Princess]
>Secret Messenger [Discount Princess] [900 left]
>Tres Belle [Discount Princess] [700 left]
>Healing Tears [Discount Princess] [400 left]
>Formal Wear (SO MANY DRESSES) [Free Princess]
>Tiara [Discount Princess, 50 CP upgrade] [300 left]
>Animal Buddy [200 left]
>Black Magic [0 left]
>Move On

My, my~! It appears that We have taken to Our position as royalty rather well! We are, however, rather confused by this story.

Apparently, due to Our origins as a princess of Wonderland (though supposedly the 27th in line, right behind the 88th), We possess a latent potential for powerful dark magic. Because of this, the despicable villainess known as Grimhilde sought to corrupt Us into a weapon for her own use against her old nemesis - a comely lass by the name of Snow White.

Our unlikely rescuer went by the curious appellation of 'Hiro Hamada,' and while he claimed to have become lost in Wonderland after a mission alongside his allies turned sour, he wasn't alone. There was a somewhat shy girl with him, wearing a strange red-and-black garment which clung closely to her body. Half the time, We could not see her, though. What was her name again? Violent Park? No, no, wait - Violet Parr, that's the one!

Unfortunately for both Grimhilde and Our dear heroes, the former's initial plan /partially/ succeeded. Ooohohohohohoho~! These new desires... how intriguing!

>>46724723
Should Our survival be threatened, even despite the efforts of Our protectors, means of deception will need to be deployed - so as to ensure the possibility that the hive itself will live on.

Is it not, then, better to allow the enemy to believe that We have been slain? Sadly, Our role renders Us a most valuable asset and a most disastrous weak-point. Fortunately, We possess a measure of tactical acumen that less sapient members of Our kind do not.
>>
>>46724449
Libriomancer was spelled differently but the others are all added now.

In an hour or two I'll put it on the drive. Again, if there is anything missing just let me know.
>>
>>46724720
this, also I'd say the Echo fusion in FFXIV would result in... A case of both Stands existing, but interacting in some form?

Actually - another Stand-related question. We have combo abilities, combination techniques, and shit in jumps which encourage people tying abilities together to be more effective:

Do you suppose the same could apply to Stands? Or would their more esoteric abilities not allow for 'combination techniques' as it were?
>>
>>46724640

Obviously the Stand (or stands) gains the ability to be twice as fabulous.
>>
126. Forgotten Realms
Race: "Human", Age: 20, Origin: Aristocrat (-200), Class: Archivist
Perks: Smarter Than The Average Owlbear (-100), Your Companions have Arrived (-700)
Items: 50000 GP

Chimmy: Half-elf Battle Dancer Drop-In, Experience Like A River (-300), A Back That's Brawny and a Brain that's Weak (-100), Charisma of Kings (-100)
Falco: Kenku Wizard Expert (-100), Smarter than the Average Owlbear, Magical Craftsman (-300), Charisma of Kings (-100)
Roberta: Elven Duskblade Drop-In, Wise Arse, Experience Like A River (-300), A Back That's Brainy and A Brain That's Weak (-100), Smarter than the Average Owlbear (-100)
Ko'el: Elven Scout Drop-In, Wise Arse, Experience Like A River (-300), A Back That's Brawny and a Brain that's Weak (-100), Charisma of Kings (-100)
SoB: Human Cleric 4 (-300) Drop-In, Wise Arse, Smarter than the Average Owlbear (-100), Charisma of Kings (-100)
Asriel: Gnome Sorceror Drop-In, Wise Arse, Experience Like a River (-300), Smarter than the Average Owlbear (-100), Charisma of Kings (-100)
Isaac: Human Wizard Expert (-100), Smarter than the Average Owlbear, Magical Craftsman (-300), Charisma of Kings (-100)
Toby: Human [divine?] Bard Drop-In, Wise Arse, Experience Like a River (-300), Charisma of Kings (-100), Gold (-50), Swordbow (-50)

Once there was the seventh son of a great lord from the east. He was away in a college to the west to keep him safe, a place where magic could be safely studied, as well as courses in astronomy and alchemy. The lord thought his son would be at no risk so far from those who would do him harm, but it was not to be so. There were books on a great many things at the school, but the things that most interested the boy were things divine and monstrous. Preferably both, but either would do. He held no interest in their worship, but how they worked was a wondrous thing to him. What was a god? What was an aberration, really? What was magic really? These things he wanted to know, and to share.
>>
>>46724710
I thought it was Larfleeze wanting all of them so set things up to be in the one place for him to nab.
>>
>>46724821
I'm quite enjoying this, and am glad my suggestions helped.
>>
>>46724720
>or some horrid mess that's constantly falling apart on the physical and spiritual levels
I am going to hope that if this would be the case the stand ability would just fail as a safety precaution.
Having your soul manifested as a melting pile of goo that is breaking apart may be too nightmarish even for jump chain.

>>46724640

It should be pointed out that the Fusion - ha ability is not only a technique that is available to be learned in DBZ. It's one you can pick up from the start practically because they go in to such great detail on how to do it. Once you are able to sense ki all you have to do is exactly match your partners level and do the stupid little dance.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 995x1521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 995x1521
So apparently Blue Lanterns can be taught to boost Yellow Lantern.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 992x1515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 992x1515
>>46725175
>>
>>46725175
Oh boy. What contrivance of the week are they using to justify THIS-

>>46725193
This was exactly my reasoning behind - and reason for asking - the feasibility behind a heroic Yellow Lantern, holy shit.

What. EVEN.
>>
>>46725175
That's only because Sinestro is a shiny special snowflake. I do not like his smug face.
>>
>>46725215
Just.

God damn it the "re-education" bit is just so fucking cliche'd and unnecessary.
>>
>>46725175
Looks like the implant thing has something to do with it, and it's not just 'something you can learn'. Wouldn't be surprised if once he's back to normal he finds he can still do it though.
>>
I have an undertale question specifically about the last drawback that I can't read and gives you + 600 CP.
Actually I have two questions.
First, what does it say? Second, how is it even possible to survive it? Is it even possible to survive?
>>
>>46725324
It's wingdings, paste it in notepad or some other word program and change it to another font.

The only real way to survive has dimensional crossing powers and some charisma.
>>
>>46725233
Sinestro has a fetish for it, it's what he does to his lantern recruits too. Yellow light isn't strong enough to brainwash, he just actively has it done to his in a mundane way recruits so they're loyal to him.
>>
File: 031.jpg (340 KB, 746x1000) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
340 KB, 746x1000
>>46725365
Well what he does is when you're chosen, you're placed in a pod where you're confronted with your greatest fears. You then have to master your fear and control it, or you die.
>>
>>46725365
>>46725423
Wasn't it his biggest beef with the Guardians while he was a Green Lantern before the Parallax incident? That essentially, new Green Lanterns would be welcomed and then sent off to basically die without any kind of test to make damn sure they were worthy of their rings?
>>
>>46725423
Many what am i looking at here?
>>
>>46724999
He searched and searched among the books and scrolls for all things that could reveal these secrets. Little chunks of mystic knowledge that could form a greater part of the whole. What savings his father had sent him over the years were traded for magic scrolls that he learned to store more permanently in a spellbook, using methods based on his wizard friend's works. Books of knowledge were cheaper, most of the time.

Until he heard the rumors. A path to a buried hom, cold and dark and assuredly haunted, apparently holding some divine secret that could reveal the unseen truths of the world. The information was vague, the location was out of the way, it would leave him with a scant 50000 gold pieces, and it would interrupt his formal education, but all that paled in comparison to what he could gain. He hired his wizard friends, a few animals, and some commoners to act as laborers before headed to the north. The trip was mostly rainy, but safe enough. They'd camp outside of the entrance to the place, a mineshaft that had found a buried manor of some sort, with a strange shrine in the basement. And things crawling around in there. Still, they were unable to leave the mine, and some clerics would apparently be by soon to cleanse the place, no doubt destroying any secrets he could hope to learn.

The mine itself was a fairly easy exploration, host at worst to some mold, but the things inside were trouble. Servants, trapped underground when the building sank. When food got low, it was they who outnumbered their masters. Now, they were ghouls and we were trapped in a cupboard. Now that "we" in the last sentence was very important. Because it meant I was me and Falco was Falco and Isaac was Isaac and there were twelve people in the cupboard now.

And that's how I found the scrolls for Faerie Fire.
>>
>>46725457
Pretty much. And they were just bodies for most part. Training was optional and the Guardians never really did tell them how to use their rings, or that yellow as a weakness (which they weren't affected by).

>>46725459
I'm thinking female D2 Necromancer that or a trap D2 Necromancer.
>>
>>46725345
Ok, I take it this has something to do with the character that talks in symbols or wingdings like that. How much would Yukari's boundary manipulation help in doing this?
>>
>>46725652
If you're post-spark then you shouldn't need help.
>>
>>46725652
Less than you think, I'd imagine. Especially since a) the win condition for that involves somehow convincing human-eating reality warpers to make nice with beings they consider food, b) it's locked until after post-Spark
>>
>>46725652
He got scattered throughout all of time and space across various timelines and parallel realities or some shit like that.

If you convince her to act and pull him back together and diplomance away you should be fine.
>>
>>46725676
>>46725677
Actually I just took her as a companion... usually she isn't really that helpful as a companion. She is usually asleep or shows up at meal time whether I have summoned her or not. She has a habit of unsommoning other companions to summon herself when she wants to.
>>
>>46725771
Cheater.
>>
>>46725771
...yep. That is...not exactly the kind of mindset you really want to deal with a threat of this magnitude.

While this isn't canon I imagine it's a fairly good representation of what the drawback would be like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-tM_MhC--o
>>
File: qbee-idle.gif (4 KB, 77x82) Image search: [Google]
qbee-idle.gif
4 KB, 77x82
>10. Sly Cooper

>Honeybee [Species]
>Rolled Free Pick [Going to Prague!]
>19 years old (rolled)
>The Extra [Background]
>Roll [Free Extra]
>Electrical Roll [Discount Extra] [950 left]
>Aboriginal Ball Form [Discount Extra] [900 left]
>Animalia (Flight, stinger, extra limbs) [Discount Extra] [800 left]
>Guru [Discount Extra] [650 left]
>Binocucom [Free!]
>Calling Cards [Free!]
>Iconic Item (a sceptre!) [Free!]
>I Took The Liberty Of Modifying Your Priceless Family Heirloom [Free Extra]
>Sleep Darts [600 left]
>Key [500 left]
>Smoke Bomb [450 left]
>Shock Pistol [400 left]
>Clockwerk Component: Eyes [Discount Extra] [200 left]
>Clockwerk Component: Brain [Discount Extra] [0 left]
>Move On

It occurs to Us that We may be unaware of exactly what it is We are up to. Regardless, these mechanical components may prove useful to Us later on. We have much to learn, it seems. Either that, or it falls to Us to obtain servants capable of working with such machinery.
>>
>>46725792
Not him, but you wanna fight over it, bruv? You havin' a giggle talking smack about our desire to adventure with young youkai ladies? You saying it ain't right, that it ain't what's natural? You some kinda discriminatory human supremacist?

No but seriously the jump says nothing about the dumb ultra top tier people and I've literally never once seen people talk about 2hu companions. Well I totally did but it was a waifu thing and noone batted an eye. Did everyone decide it's forbidden to get anyone notably powerful hundreds of threads back? Am I overthinking what is likely an innocuous jokesy comment that means no actual harm or negative feelings?
>>
>>46725884
>I've literally never once seen people talk about 2hu companions.

Which is fukken weird, really. You see people boasting about their Worm waifus and their OC waifus, but then you get what is literally 'cute girls beating the shit out of each other' and there's not much going on.
>>
>>46725884

Clearly their saying you plan on cheating at gambling by having Yukari change the cards.

More seriously I have no clue, but all things considered the canon companion option has a high chance of making an overpowered character the sadly sensible option. Not because of power levels, but because Servants get one for free, and chances are if you took that background you probably ended up working for one of the ultra dumb top tier people.
>>
>>46725931
I could never decide on a master.
>>
>>46725794
Yep.... I think I'll pass on that one.

>>46725792
It was allowed by the rules and as I said she doesn't help all that much. I am sorry if you have a problem with it.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>46725931
In our defense, Yuuka and Yuugi are the kind of people who do their own thing in most jumps. It's kind of like hanging out with Sans and Undyne. One just sits around gardening all day and the other runs off to suplex things for fun. So while we're busy tweaking world domination plan #9823432085 they're just sort of somewhere in the background being lazy interdimensional tourists.

Unless someone starts threatening flowers on a global scale, at which point things get messy.

>>46721096
Considering Lord of Light powers are, broadly, explainable as altering energy levels in very precise ways, if you became a god of Foresight or Vision or something perception-related your Attribute could very well be something along those lines.

>>46725324
>>46726042

1. No idea.

2. Actually, Blazblue magic, tech and magitech is perfect for dealing with things like that. It is, after all, a sort of magical applied quantum physics at a certain level. And Observer alone would do wonders for saving your ass.

The Dragon Stream from Devil Survivor 2 might also be a good ace to have up your sleeve considering it was used to stalemate a gaping void used by the Administrators to erase large parts of the world. Though in general you'd want to rely on Almighty damage-type spells from the SMT jumps since only you can see your encroaching doom.

Things like the Correspondence from Fallen London and the Thu'um from Skyrim could defend against the immediate effects. If you had something like the Moonstone from Lone Wolf you might even be able to use them to fight back.

And while relying on them alone is not a good idea, the Ouroboros series of perks from Siren: Blood Curse could buy you some time, at least.

But...yeah. Basically, you may have noticed a running theme that you have to counter-reality warp to stand against reality warping and passing on the debacle is a good idea.
>>
File: Aaron_Vespiquen.png (2 MB, 1174x881) Image search: [Google]
Aaron_Vespiquen.png
2 MB, 1174x881
>11. Skullgirls

>Rolled Free Pick [Goin' to New Meridian!]
>22 years old (rolled)
>Drop-In [Free!]
>Ahad Anatomy [Free!]
>Street Smarts [Free Drop-In]
>Singing Voice [900 left]
>Themed Powers (Bees) [600 left]
>Hideout [Free!]
>Money Under The Mattress [2 free Drop-In]
>Friendly Face (Hive) [Discount Drop-In] [450 left]
>Purrfect [550 left]
>Action [650 left]
>Marked [850 left]
>Brain Thane [50 left]
>Money Under The Mattress [0 left]
>Move On?

We must bee very lucky indeed, to roll a free choice of location twice in a row! However, it occurs to Us that We should most likely bee afraid of these 'Medici' characters, as they are both dangerous fighters and unscrupulous assassins.

http://skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Hive
Our new ally should bee of some assistance, but We are certain that We will be feeling the sting of these attempts on Our life soon enough. Have you any advice beyond Our current capabilities that will aid us in avoiding Our untimely demise, or must needs bee that We abandon at least one perk and one Drawback from this list?
>>
>>46722977
>>46723024
I admit I am tempted to Duct-Tape Fusion / Armsfusion Crafter the Blue and Green rings together when I do the DC and GLTAS jumps.
>>
A reminder that in Fallout Cazadors are satan incarnate and should be wiped off the face of earth.
>>
File: Na5471A.jpg (581 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Na5471A.jpg
581 KB, 1920x1080
What does your army look like /jc/?
>Pic related
>>
>>46726540
Bloatflies creep me out more, what with the maggots.
>>
>>46726540
Well, if it's any consolation, they're only really present around New Vegas. So it's not even like you have to scour the earth for them.
>>
File: Cazador.jpg (97 KB, 1274x814) Image search: [Google]
Cazador.jpg
97 KB, 1274x814
>>46726550
At least with fucking boatflies you can easily hit them if you can aim right. Cazadores are just evil with how fast they are, how they also fly around erratically with seemingly no rhyme or reason, and are made from fucking Tarantula hawk Wasps I see them as more creepy and deadly.
Also TELL ME THIS DOESN'T LOOK LIKE AN SATAN'S LOVECHILD!
>>
>>46726551
> they're only really present around New Vegas.
For now just wait they will spread eventually.
>>
File: screwthisImgoinghome.png (395 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
screwthisImgoinghome.png
395 KB, 450x450
>>46726614
At least there's no Cazaclaw drawback.

>>46726546
Usually, clones or copies of myself. Or I borrow other people's armies.
>>
>>46726614
Oh sure, but at least Cazadors don't shoot their flesh-eating parasitic offspring at you at range.
>>46726624
If you're worried about that, you should worry more about Tunnelers.
>>
>>46726639
I will forever hate anyone who puts that as a drawback in a fallout jump.
>>46726648
Oh yeah I completely forgot about those bastards but isn't the queen of the tunnelers killed by Courier 6?
Also true personally Bloatflies are very easy for me to kill compared to cazadors but I can understand why Bloatflies are more creepy.
>>
So I'm the anon that called dibs on the Exalted jump a few threads back. Boy do I hate my timezone sometimes, I was asleep for most of last thread. If Babs is still around, I would love for them to take over from me. I reaffirmed my claim on exalted because I wanted to ensure that whoever was making it would be able to take criticism and make it good. While I do love the setting, I know for a fact all of the jumps I've made are pretty shitty, it would be tough to do exalted properly with my level of skill. Big jumps like exalted are Bab's area of expertise, and I think it would result in a better jump for everyone if they made it. My only request if they do decide to take it up is to make the items really interesting. A big section like Indiana Jones or LoT would work wonders as a CP tax. If they decide to take it I'll probably send over my shitty notes or something, seems like the least I can do to help.
>>
>>46725835
Always nice to see a build, especially with things I didn't see many people take. Guru and the Clockwerk Eyes? You're going all in on being the Queen, aren't you?

A nice build, hope the iconic item and perks help you.
>>
File: Bloodbug.png (1 MB, 1046x1006) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbug.png
1 MB, 1046x1006
>>46726614
I actually had a harder time hitting Bloodbugs than Cazadors.
Then again I VATS the shit out of everything. And Cazadors are more durable than Bloodbugs. But I never really had a hard time HITTING them. Whereas Bloodbugs are roughly as dodgy and also thin as shit.

You know
I think to be safe
We should just destroy all insect life in Fallout.
Kill all the bugs. Because fuck em. It's them or us.

>>46726696
Tunneler society such as it is isn't delved into a lot, but there's no reason to think killing the one queen alone is enough to doom the species. They could easily just pick a new one. Or maybe it's like Mirelurks and they have more than one.
>>
>>46726478
this is an excellent plan and I see nothing that can go wrong with it.

>>46726546
pic related is mine.
>>
>>46726546
Actually the titans are a big part of my army, but the smaller robots are warframes (looking forward to that update sooo much. How's it going Red?) and a large amount of different hover drones. I drop them in via Whale Kings that use the titanfall jump drives to arrive with speed and just drop titans and robot space ninjas all over the place.
>>
>>46726540
They are such evil incarnate I actually used one as a basis for a M.O. Transplant for one of my companions.
Other creatures I used were Ruby and Emerald weapon from Final Fantasy 7 to tell you how scary I find them.
>>
>>46726546
Well, it depends on what's available and what suits the world or the image I'm trying to present, but if I fall back on easy favourites...
A sprawling undead host, dotted with the occasional summoned elemental or beast, with a carpet of Necron Scarabs swarming underfoot. Throughout the horde, butterflies and other, less visible insects writhe through rotted flesh and perch upon vantage points.
A host of killing machines, again moving through a sea of Scarabs, with forcefields and energy weapons using designs drawn from a dozen worlds, moving in perfectly synchronised formations. No visible insects, butterflies may be present but if so guarded by powerful magic spells of invisibility and protection.
Or a bunch of people from the setting gathered up and influenced to attack, whether through greed, fear or inspiration, possibly given better weapons and armour and/ore training, but just as likely not. May carry butterfly banners and/or tattoos, or not if subtlety and/or deniability is preferred.
>>
>>46726717
Don't be hard on yourself anon, I'm sure your stuff is pretty good.
>>
File: Mugann.gif (60 KB, 520x420) Image search: [Google]
Mugann.gif
60 KB, 520x420
>>46726546
Setting aside the ones we summon from heaven/the collective evil of the multiverse/Arcadia/the Void/local technology or somewhere else? Everything towards a synthesis of clarktech, psychic attunement, angelic biotech and artificial leylines.

So yeah, pic related is actually spot on. Exploit enough loopholes in physical laws and you stop having to worry about things like aerodynamics.

>>46726717
...for a second there I thought you were Crux. That's one of the more majestic Nicholas Cages I've seen in these threads.

>>46726767
Still not as bad as Bao though, allegedly.
>>
File: JumpChain Jump List.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JumpChain Jump List.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Here's the Jump List with the jumps I missed added. I'll also drop it in the drive so that it can be put into the list folder.
>>
File: RickAndMortyPilotScreencap5.jpg (98 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
RickAndMortyPilotScreencap5.jpg
98 KB, 600x335
Why did I not watch this sooner?

Rick & Morty Jump

Drawbacks: Alcoholic +100, Wanted Man +200, Show Me What You Got +300

Total CP: 1600

Perks:
You can Squanch Wherever You Like (free)
Gazorpian Strength (100/1500)
Pluto is a Planet (200/1300)
Parasite (300/1000)
Hidden Wavelength (200/800)
Personal Space (50/750)
A Small Price To Pay For Spider Peace (200/550)
They’re Just Good Guys (200/350)

Gear:
Portal Gun (works only in the R&M universe) (0/350)
Interdimensional Goggles (free)
Laser gun armory (50/300)
concentrated dark matter (100/200)
Alien Translation Device (200/0)

Honestly I *gurfle* think Rick made me a couple of nights ago because he *takes a drink from a viking-style horn* was feeling lonely. I'm not going to judge, but *burf* *cough* he fucked up at five or six crucial points and probably should have made my genetics comply to Galactic Federation artificial life-form standards. On the plus side, house party! *falls over*
>>
Since Stands are pieces of the user's soul would strengthening your soul also strengthen your Stand?
>>
>>46727212
Not exactly, Stands can affect souls but D'arby's seems to imply they're technically slightly different things. Stands are more like the psychic manifestation of your fighting spirit. So strengthening your willpower/fighting spirit would have a more direct effect although improving your soul in general would technically help a little if it comes with strengthening your sense of self as well.
>>
>>46727242
I think you may be drawing conclusions there, anon. Skipping a few steps.
>>
>>46727250
Well amongst other things I'm basing it on the fact that people can have souls without Stands.
>>
>>46727321
Well anon, that's kinda like how lots of humans in settings with magic don't know how to use magic, even if magic is innately part of their being. Let's take Naruto. Everyone in Naruto has chakra. Ninjas are still a minority.
>>
>>46727333
To raise another example a Stand that outlived its' user turned into a mindless invincible blob despite the fact its' user had no such traits and was in fact a total pussy. Unless you want to argue the man was deep down an amorphous Lovecraftian blob despite all relevant characterization to the contrary it seems clear to me Stands aren't clear equivocals to souls in the conventional understanding. Also the magic comparison falls flat considering magic doesn't always equal souls either, and besides the onus is on you to raise examples from JoJo as to why you think Stands=Souls if you want to convince anon otherwise.
>>
>>46727368
If you're talking about Notorious BIG, I'm pretty sure that manifesting after its user died was just its entire gimmick.
If we're talking hypothesizes it's possible that the user's entire soul just turned into a stand when he died, which is why it was so strong.
>>
>>46727368
You're aware that being a pussy kinda precludes the idea that it was his fighting spirit, right? I don't care if I convince that anon or not, but he's leaping to conclusions there, is all I said.
>>
File: 1459234099642.jpg (550 KB, 910x700) Image search: [Google]
1459234099642.jpg
550 KB, 910x700
>>46726546
Up until recently I would have said my army consisted of my Companions, myself, and a mechanical dragon, but my recent experiments with memory/personality duplication has changed things a bit.

I could, in very short order, field Dreadnoughts, Asuka Machin, and various other mechanical soldiers filled with copies of my Companions. ...Thought the prospect of actually doing so makes me feel like I'm treading on lines I shouldn't be crossing.
>>
>>46722750
Thanks man. Glad someone is on this.
>>
I was reading the new History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi jump, and I want you guys to tell me what you think of this idea.

Would using something meant to fuse spiritual practices from other jumps, like Temple of Thought from Binbougami, be a feasible way to get Sei and Dou ki to play nice with each other? Looking at the exact wording makes it sound like these kinds of perks were meant to be used on wildly different spiritual practices from alternate worlds, but I think this sounds like a reasonable extension of the ability. Using both at once is apparently a really bad idea, but it also sounds like the kind of thing that would provide a huge power boost if you could use out of jump abilities to get them to not only coexist, but cooperate.
>>
>>46727935
I think Favor of Tashlan from Narnia would be a better bet since while Temple of Thought is, as you said, more about wildly different ones from different worlds Favor of Tashlan is based on two in-universe spiritual beliefs (faith in Aslan and Tash) being conflated together, so it sounds like a surer bet for your purposes.
>>
This might sound like an odd question, but have you ever done something which while kosher under the Jumpchain rules, without any fanwanking or houserules whatsoever, feels really scummy because you're applying something which goes way beyond the scope of its' TTRPG-represented gameplay mechanics because of your Jumper's access to very favorable circumstances and a strong bargaining position?
>>
>>46728116
You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.
>>
>>46728116
Unlike >>46728167 and his dickishness, I do understand you.

In short, not really. I feel perfectly fine taking advantage of my outside-context power and knowledge to get unfair advantages during jumps. Saved my ass multiple times.
>>
>>46728167
Well that wasn't a coherent set of sentences but I'm getting the general impression you're expressing a very empathic "no". Which, I mean, is fine. I was just curious since I'm in a bit of an awkward position at the moment.
>>
I'm actually really curious what mechanic you're abusing and what you're getting out of it. Share with the class, anon.
>>
>>46728189
It was purposely incoherent. That anon is being an ass, and chose the most obnoxious possible way of informing you that your question was hard to parse.
>>
>>46728212
Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>46728116
You mean like, say, punching Volemort out of Quirrel and trapping him in a ghostbusters trap in the first year of Hogwarts, or completely stopping Japan's interaction with the Special Region in GATE by sealing the gate shut before they can come through?
>>
>>46728116
It seems like that's almost sort of the point of Jumpchain, almost, isn't it? Being an OCP to the universes you're in because of coming from other universes.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x338
>>46728173
That's fair enough. I used to feel much the same way back when I was just starting out. Now though, I feel like there was a point where I should have stopped and I just kept going beyond all good sense.

>>46728192
Sorry for the delay, it's hard to type well on a mobile device. It's two changeling contracts. Ones where both aspects of reality are capable of some level of cognitive capacity, and thus where certain perks are applicable; I brought up the entire Morty perk tree from Rick and Morty a while ago for one. That one of which in particular I realised it would make sense to offer extremely generous terms given the on text of jumpchain and my Jumpers role in Devil Survivors. As in, it would be in-character for Him to go far and beyond how contracts are normally represented.

Even so I am really torn up about the rank 5 for Divines because it feels like taking a perk in an upcoming jump for free even though it is strictly speaking based on Mastema's feat in Strange Journey and is technically less comprehensive in scope than the perk in question, it's still too similar. I will likely scrap it and endeavour to slot in something else if I can think of something appropriate.

http://pastebin.com/rZBEeAN1
>>
*given the context of jumpchain, and the implications this would have to the aspect of reality in question

>>46728249
>>46728264
Yeah, I mean Believe me I've been there. Im not sure how to say this, but this just feels like it's crossing a line even compared to that stuff, I wouldn't have brought it up otherwise
>>
>>46726546
>>46726546
The rank and file are clarketech robots made from adamantium and carrying a host of integrated weapons, which look kinda like a fusion between terminators and LOKI mechs.

Then come the tanks, which basically look like mechanical versions of Wildmutt from Ben10 but bulkier, made of gleaming metal, and with a minigun for a face.

The heavies are basically Gundam/SuperRobotWars hybrids, through autonomous robots instead of just pilotable mecha. Black Hole Buster Cannons and beam/rocket spam abound here.

Commanders would be cyborg clones, combining many of the features of the lower tiers with angels, demons, kryptonian, and much more. These are the first ones with option to be sapient, through the likelyhood is low and depends on their importance.

Then there's elites, which are basically near-perfectly human-looking magitech robots, except with angel wings. These are custom jobs, built by myself instead of mass-produced. Each has more integrated tech and better armor than the gundams do, are enchanted to hell and back, and carry a /minimum/ of 3 Exterminatus-capable integrated weapons.

There's also my fleet of space-ships, but that's the navy.

Oh, and my army of demons I 'recruited' as the Overlord of Bel, through those don't often come into play unless dimensional barriers are already thin/shattered.
>>
>>46726717
At this point the jump I have down so far looks like it's going to turn out like my Warhammer fantasy jump did. I did this over a couple of hours last night, it's the various exalts that'll be available in jump:

http://pastebin.com/pUiVSz8K

I'm going to offer abilities, attributes, backgrounds and charms as stuff you can buy, with different classes getting discounts on the different things. May also add jadeborn.

Oh, and thanks for the vote of confidence!
>>
>>46728354
Weren't you going to wait to contact that anon? Are you really going to just ignore the thread now, too?
>>
>>46728354
That...seems like too much words. Are you just putting them in for the sake of length or do they really need to be such massive walls of text? Can't you cut them down to be more concise?
>>
>>46728373
What are you complaining about now? Both folks involved exchanged opinions, both have come to a consensus. There is literally nothing wrong with that. Your nitpicking and paranoia is pure cancer.
>>
>>46728373
He's quoting that anon, that anon who just said he forfeited the jump to Babylon if he wanted it. Read, moron. Read.

>>46728382
Hahaha, what? Those perks aren't long at all. The amount of text is pretty damn decent for explaining things.
>>
>>46728386
Last thread was him saying he would try to contact the anon followed by a bunch of shitstorming. And now he's pushing forward because... he feels like he doesn't have to give a shit about anon?
>>
>>46728354
How in the hell do you output that in 2 hours. *bows* teach me oh wise jump making master.
>>
>>46728394
Read >>46726717
That anon forfeited the jump to him. Dipshit.
>>
>>46728382
It's probably not going to hit the same size as WHF in the end (that one was 130 odd pages).
>>
>>46728413
You're sticking to the limits everyones talked about right? No above essence 5, limiting some stuff like perfect defenses to be not-quite perfect or certain abilities?
>>
>>46728394
Or maybe...you should read >>46726717 and not just project your insecurity on people you inexplicably hate before bitching?
>>
>>46728354
I hope you're planning on condensing that, because yeah, it's good and expositiony, but that is a literal wall of text right there.
>>
>>46728432
You must be new to this thread. Those perks are nothing and have decent length. They'll be even shorter in a pdf where the text field is wider than pastebin.
>>
File: daffy duck3.jpg (13 KB, 400x481) Image search: [Google]
daffy duck3.jpg
13 KB, 400x481
>>46728373
>>46728394
Reading comprehension, motherfucker, do you have it?
>>
>>46728425
Everyone will be a starting exalt, so essence 2 for free, with essence 3 available for a fair chunk of CP. Perfect defences certainly wont be 'avoid everything till your essence runs out'. If any make it in it'll be the seriously conditional ones, and they will be EXPENSIVE.
>>
>>46728457
You didn't answer the question. Are you going to limit things to essence 5?
>>
>>46728432
>>46728382
>these two are seriously asking for one or two sentence perks that tell them jackshit.
Shameful.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46728354
Looks promising so far.

Now, I am definitely not asking you to remove anything but-suppose, for the sake of argument, someone wanted to jump as a Heroic Mortal and not have take on an Exaltation for reasons. Will you be implemennting a non-Exalted background?

>>46728457
Also I think anon was asking about the maximum level your Essence can rise to, to avoid learning things like SMAs, Shinmaic Calibration and Heavenly Guardian Defense.
>>
>>46728461
limiting it to essence 3 if you buy it, otherwise it's essence 2. Deffo not going to five, there's crazy shit there.
>>
>>46728457
Any idea how you're going to do Sorcery? I absolutely love the flavor of Exalted-style sorcery, so that's one of my main draws in going there.
>>
>>46728467
I have a few ideas for mortals, but nothing concrete yet. They'll be something different, and in their own thing.
>>
>>46728476
That's actually pretty underpowered. Exalts at that level can't do much interesting or get access to much of the flavor of the setting. That's why 4 or 5 are better, most stuff isn't beyond what we have in the chain so far and you can rule on the stuff that is.

If you're gonna pull that I'd rather you just make this a mortal's jump. I'd rather get nothing than a gimped Exaltation that doesn't even get high enough for me to feel like an Exalt.
>>
>>46728354
When I've been drafting my version, I have been trying to divorce myself from using terminology and options like abilities, charms, and similar stuff. I was trying to make it a regular jump and instead putting the effort into an extensive items section and providing exaltations as a free perk. Really wanted to avoid falling into the Forgotten Realms trap of writing up the rulebook, although the current draft reads quite well so it's less of a concern I guess. However one thing I would implore you to consider is to have separate jumps for each exaltation.Thread 786 had a lot of good ideas thrown around, but the biggest issue seemed to be the setting is hard to experience fully without certain exaltations; especially Alchemicals and Sidereals. Multiple jumps allows for more flexibility in that regard, similar to how 40k (will) have jumps for most of the factions.
>>
>>46728476
Damn, we'd not be allow to grow at all?
>>
>>46728505
Charms are an in-setting thing though, anon. Not like FR where feats are an abstraction.
>>
>46728463

Did you read the pastebin? There's no perks there. Right now it's just the various types of exalted one can be, going in depth into the various castes for each type. Good stuff, but a lot of it is setting knowledge, and *every single caste* has minimum of ~5-6 lines at least. There is a lot of useless text, and really needs to be condensed. As is there is wayy too much background selection and setting exposition.
>>
>>46728520
>Anon is scared of a single paragraph in the CYOA.
By god, how did you graduate school?

I'd MUCH rather have fluffy options that your dry, boring, meaningless mechanical approach, with your 'it does blank' crap.
>>
>>46728476
So you can’t train essence and learn charms? Hell a lot of the fun charms start at essence 4, you don’t start getting the real bullshit stuff until essence 5 and/or 6. Can’t say I like this way of handling t at all.
>>
>>46728538
Would rather save exalts for end jump and just have him do a mortal jump honestly. Seems like he doesn't want us to do any actual Exalt stuff anyway.
>>
>>46728510
Charms are weird and I could never tell if exalts in universe were aware of them, or if they were just to help the readers. References to them to me at least seemed inconsistant, although that might just be shitty writing.
>>
>>46728477
No idea yet. Solar level sorcery might end up being hidden behind a Rakshi shaped wall.

>>46728503
Yeah, that's true. Thinking about it I'm probaby going to bump it up to starting at three with four for sale.

>>46728506
>>46728548
Not sure how I'm going to set that up yet. I want to say yes, but I also don't want people to have to deal with guys turning up and going 'well I use perk x and give myself essence 10million'

Until last night I wasn't even thinking about making this, so this is still the planning stage
>>
>>46728476
Essence 3 is safe, nothing really broken at that level to worry about. Essence 4-5 are doable, you are just going to need some sort of banned list of charms to make it work, as that is the point things begin to get out of hand. But at least it isn't as crazy as essence 6 can get.
>>
>>46728604
Essence 3 is still too weak. At least 4 should be available.
>>
>>46728533
Look at me, I'm sophisticated and read Ulysses with my morning Cheerios. You shouldn't need that many words to explain something, that's just bad writing, and when you start repeating yourself and explaining things that should be setting knowledge it starts to get ridiculous.

I'm not complaining about 'waa too complicated reading words hurts my stupid brain', I'm saying that there are too many words that manage to not say much of anything at all.
>>
>>46728599
>I want to say yes, but I also don't want people to have to deal with guys turning up and going 'well I use perk x and give myself essence 10million'
So just make like the TTGL jump and fiat cap the power at a certain level till post-spark.
>>
File: ^This.png (181 KB, 547x400) Image search: [Google]
^This.png
181 KB, 547x400
>>46728604
>>
>>46728336
I didn't actually do either of those things, for the record. I'm usually pretty happy to go along with canon events and not be an OCP, provided things aren't going to be horrible.
If things are going to be just awful, then I feel entirely justified stepping in and derailing events.

Perhaps that's why Jump-chan watches you - seeing if you can be trusted to meddle when you need to meddle, and not meddle when you shouldn't.
>>
>>46728604
>>46728625
>>46728599
4 is a good benchmark yeah, especially with that one conditional Charm every splat has that lets you purchase E5 perks. Unlike E5 where that perk would let you gain some of the problematic E6 charms; this way there doesn't have to be a banned charms list, I don't often agree with the anon who would rather have nothing than a weaker version of something OP but in the case of Exalted I feel jives better with the mood to have it this way.
>>
>>46728625
>>46728604
What about starting from Essence 1 up to 4. That gives a reasonable range from beginning to pretty upper end of top tier. Maybe Ess 3 being what you'd reasonably get at the end of the 10 years, with 4 being what you'd likely grow into post-jump?
>>
>>46728627
He's giving you a taste and explanation of the setting, not a fucking power spreadsheet. People want to learn about a setting by reading the jump, not need to google things to get an overview. Get used to fluffy jumpmaker, boyo, because I guarantee Babylon is better at than you.
>>
>>46728643
>Post-jump ban
No, that's fucking stupid. I wanted to do Exalted shit during Exalted. Not just later. I hate that kind of thing, goddamn.
>>
>>46728599
Too bad, but I guess it's understandable. I wouldn't call it /that/ powerful through. Even their best stuff can barely cover small cities, whereas Alpha Psykers and such go planetary. Except Demon of the Third Circle. Might want to just ban that.

>but I also don't want people to have to deal with guys turning up and going 'well I use perk x and give myself essence 10million'
Couldn't you shut retarded stuff like that down simply by setting down a fiat cap at 5? I kinda want to see someone who actually believes they can do that through, since 10 is pretty much omnipotence in what you focus in.

Aside from the 'go one essence higher than your cap' E5 charms and Sidereal Martial Arts, I struggle to think of anything that's really bullshit you'd have to ban at essence 5.
>>
>>46728642
I dont recall there being a charm to let you learn essence 5 things at essence 4. All I recall for sure is that there is a charm learnable at essence 5 to learn essence 6 charms in one ability. Which I just sorta assumed would be off limits.
>>
>>46728664
If you are working on the assumption that obsidian shards of infinity does not exist, I cant really think of any SMA you can access at essence 5 that needs to be banned. They all need their higher level charms at essence 6 to get really scary, and Kaleidoscope logic you cant even buy the first charm until essence 6. Maybe some slight tweaks to a charm here and there maybe, but no big offenders are jumping out at me.
>>
>>46728627
Not the anon your talking to, but some of us love this wordy shit, that’s why Dirge is my favorite jump-maker, and Babs is probably somewhere in my top three. It is all just a matter of taste.
>>
>>46728681
Oh, that was the one I was probably misremembering. I half to say on second thought I can't remember anything terribly broken at E5 either, I think all the really stupid mass unit/scene-long PDs come into play around E6.
>>
>>46728354
Any chance of a Raksha option? I'm admittedly unfamiliar with much of Exalted but from what I know of them they seem interesting.
>>
File: 1451321587963.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1451321587963.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>46728727
>Dirge
What happened to him, anyway?
I miss him.
>>
>>46728744
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

For the sake of my sanity, no.
>>
>>46725345
I wonder if it'd be possible with sufficient science skills and Sans' device. Word of God is that he can't possibly make it work, but a trained scientist might be able to help him.
>>
>>46728736
Solar circle sorcery has a couple of silly spells, especially summoning, but there surprisingly isn't all that much else coming to mind. Although I would be amazed if there wasn't something hidden in some random book somewhere that will break everything.
>>
>>46728354
How come Sidereal has a short story instead of the usual castes and what not?
>>
>>46728756
Any particular reason for that?
>>
>>46728354
*starts fanboying*

Ahem, good to have you back. Any chance that Valley of the Dinosaurs 2 might be next?
>>
>>46728790
That reason is Raksha.
>>
>>46728778
blame the Bronze Faction.

It's mostly a joke, partly me having experienced the sheer insanity of siderial martial arts in a game awhile back.
>>
>>46728790
>>46728756
When you think about it, the Raksha are basically what we are. They're just playing make-believe with their puppet while their real self sits outside of reality, having fun playing a game.
>>
Apologies if this has been asked before, but if both my companion and I are SCPs and one/both of us takes Agitation Field, would it force us into conflict if we remain in close proximity?

The conflict aspect feels kind of like one of those "Everyone except your companions hate you" drawbacks, but it's not spelled out. I know as-written, it's probably universal but I'm wondering if thats due to intention or oversight.
>>
>>46728839
Wow, that comma really migrated during rephrasing the last sentence. Whoops.
>>
File: Antispiral1.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Antispiral1.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1200
After some reflection the most potent Charmst I can think of at E5 for Solars are Holistic Miracle Understanding (understand how to make any mechanism you use), Divine Witness of Utter Safety (perfect dodge against AoE attacks), Rising Sun Renewal (full heal for yourself that's Combo-OK albeit with an arbitrary recharge rate when used with PDs) and Unbroken Chain Resolve (becoming EXACTLY as hard as you need to be in the phase on an attack that-okay, I'm not sure how to define "pre-soak damage". All of which I wouldn't say are instant wins in and of themselves but are also hella useful.

I think the wariness in these areas may come from one CP purchase giving you access to potentially ALL of them at once given enough XP (however you choose to interpret that mechanic) and time to train. That said, I do think an E5 essence cap (with what >>46728681 said locked off) could be justified with a very high CP purchase since E5/E6 is around where most games of Exalted end near, anyway. Especially if the idea about perfect defenses not being absolute outside their native reality from a previous thread is taken on board.

>>46728839
I don't think it has, actually. Huh. On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, it's also generally a good idea to take precautions with SCP stuff.

>>46728790
To expand on >>46728799, shaping combat (dreamland reality warping playfighting with srs consequences), Graces and the question of how you'd survive cut off from the Wyld. I think.

>>46728811
>They're just playing make-believe with their puppet while their real self sits outside of reality, having fun playing a game.

Mind you, they aren't the only kind of entity in Exalted that does that. And unlike them, the Primordials are fully capable of interacting with reality without literally dying from boredom.

>>46728750
Me too. I don't know either, I haven't seen him in thread or chat for months now. I think his job might just be keeping him busy
>>
...that said, the caution in higher Essence tiers is totally understandable. I just remember the Sidereal charms Willing Assumption of Chains and Neighbourhood Relocation Scheme is E4. And End Debate, which does exactly what it says, is E3-and the magnitude of people it affects scales with Essence

Er. Do Lunars have anything notable? I'm not much of a Lunar buff but I dimly remember them being known as the tankiest of the Exalted.
>>
>>46728962
Lunars are basically Furry Solar Waifus.

Into some really kinky shit.
>>
>>46729060
Well I'm aware of THAT, yes. I was talking more about the stuff they did to make them as feared as the other Exalted.
>>
>>46728930
>Divine Witness of Utter Safety
Wouldn't that already be covered by the basic Perfect Defence weakening stuff? Point on the others through.

>>46728962
>Willing Assumption of Chains and Neighbourhood Relocation Scheme
...These are scary, why? Giving a god a new job, and moving a neighborhoood isn't that bad. Even through admittedly useful if it comes up.

Lunars don't really have anything. The only stuff that would really need a ban is their super essence 9 Knacks in Glories, and you're not getting the essence for those anyway.
>>
>>46729087
Hmm, yeah. I just remembered it specifically moves you to the EDGE of the AoE attack so it'd just give you a prolonged death against, say, Exterminatus or something.

...I think I mixed up Chains with a charm around that essence level that forces gods to do whatever you ask of them. Which may or may not exist.

I guess the neighborhood thing features insane levels of logistics manipulation but then again now I think about it It's less of a deal than the others I mentioned
>>
>>46729083
They have nothing. The Lunar charmset is really generic and kind of weak, too. I'd honestly be happy if Babylon used one of the fan-made Lunar rewrite projects instead of canon.
>>
>>46726546
Spreading the love of the Emperor and the glory of humanity
One universe at a time
>>
>>46729149
Indeed. Trying to dodge Exterminatus with it would be stupid as fuck. Through I guess it might throw you into space to make you 'safe'.

...Not sure if that exists either. It doesn't really sound familiar. The only thing I can find/think of is Incite Decorum which 'forces' (willpower taxes) spirits to not be violent if you don't attack first... But if it does exist, it'd just work on spirits like Exalted's small gods and stuff, not most gods in other Jumps, right? I mean, if it worked on those at at all. Sidereal stuff is very specific sometime.
>>
>>46725175
Isn't that Red chick supposed to be a GL?
>>
File: 1421714844454.gif (1 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
1421714844454.gif
1 MB, 426x240
>>46729153
>fan-made Lunar rewrite
That would end… extremely badly.
>>
>>46729242
Guess we'll just have to put up with shitty Lunars, then. Everyone, you heard it here first: Lunars are a trap option.
>>
>>46729257
Not so much a trap, as less directly powerful than Solars. They're still better compared to non-exalts and DBs.

It depends on what you want, I guess. Solars for generic power, or Lunars to be weaker but shapeshift into stuff.

Infernals to be demonic rockstars.
>>
>>46729236
I guess? Really the biggest problem with some of these is just figuring out what Exalted-analogues translate to in the wider context of the chain. Like what Essence Chakravartin, the Olympians and sol forth should betreated as.

Bah, I'm probably thinking of Cecelyne charms.
>>
>>46729257
Lunars are great, its just that they come at a significant opportunity cost.
>>
>>46729296
Infernals to be the Yozi's fuckpuppets

FTFY
>>
>>46729326
Word of god says that’s not canon anymore.
>>
>>46729296
The problem is that Lunars have a really shit charm set. Shapeshifting is really all they have.
>>
>>46729305
True...

>Bah, I'm probably thinking of Cecelyne charms.
Ah, yes. Cecelyne has stuff like that. Not exactly whatever you want, but they get bonusses to persuading spirits weaker than them, and can compel a god to do what they were made for/their actual damn job. And stopping weaker spirits from attacking them.
>>
>>46729238
Yeah and she's Sinestro's daughter, so just like a lot of GLs they trade their Green Rings for Yellow from time to time.
>>
>>46729357
Well that depends on whether you consider the source material or word of god canon for the jump, doesn't it? I know there's a lot of folks here who don't take Wildbow's statements on Endbringer body mass seriously. As written, it is what it is. And what it is, is Malfeas' nuclear. Demon-brass. Cock.
>>
>>46728802
quick question why is there what looks like a very large quotation from Atlas shrugged in the area where the description of Sidereal exalted should go?
>>
>>46729384
It's not as bad as, say, SWLIHN given her Shintai, but Cecelyne charms do tend to require you to buy a lot of stuff you don't necessarily want in order to get to the best stuff. Which is oddly in-character for her.

Malfeas has more immediate supernatural yelling at people stuff anyway, I'm sure he has at least one charm for ordering gods around.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.