[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been into the series for years, but never understood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Emperorgun.jpg (491 KB, 1920x996) Image search: [Google]
Emperorgun.jpg
491 KB, 1920x996
So I've been into the series for years, but never understood this one thing on Imperial ships.

In the circle, what are the purpose of these protruding looking cannons? My only thought would be for orbital bombardment.
>>
To keep it from tipping over.
>>
Faith Stabilizers.
>>
>>46714363
It's for... well, I don't know how to put it gently. For making new ships. When papa ship and mommy ship love each other very much. Don't worry about it now. You will understand when you're older.
>>
>>46714410
>>46714737

You fuckers, really what are they??
>>
>>46714800
Astropathic amplifiers. When they want to communicate, the put an astropath at the bottom of those. Basically big antennas, really.
>>
>>46714800

Training wheels.
>>
>>46714875
I'd be more inclined to believe you if they didn't look like giant fucking cannons
>>
>>46714940
Check the Star Trek wiki, this ship was featured on next gen.
>>
>>46714800
strike craft quick deployment launcher
>>
that's simple actually they are explained to be REDACTED in the book REDACTED by the author REDACTED
>>
>>46714363
no one knows. doubt the imperium does either
>>
>>46715050

This. It's never explained, so it's entirely up to you. My Headcannon has that as part of the warp drive, emitters to rip the universe a new asshole into hell.

I've also heard other people describe them as part of the shield arrays, the communication systems, the steering, and "fiddly bits to look cool".

Pick your own answer OP
>>
>>46714363

So they can have another gun capable of shooting forward without compromising the prow ram.
>>
>>46714363
Legend states that they were made by the Alpha Legion for the purpose of summoning daemons onto Imperial ships during warp travel.

Of course that's silly because there's no such thing as the Alpha Legion; it's just some Ork propaganda
>>
>>46714940

The astropathic communicator is the domed thing next to the rootytootypointandshootah.
>>
>>46714363
What is the game?
>>
>>46715293
>>>46689589
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.