[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how they got away with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: World_warhammer.jpg (303 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
World_warhammer.jpg
303 KB, 1024x768
how they got away with this
>>
>>46713969
It was a tradition that really took off in 70s.
>>
>>46713969
And so Tolkien, what's your point?
>>
>>46714001
Tolkine was explicitly writing a mythological pastiche. GW and most fantasy writers of 70s-80s weren't.
>>
>>46713969
>Furry continent has ''Lust'' in its name
>>
>>46713969
Got away? With you here, bringing the hammer of judgment down on them? I imagine they dearly regret the day they decided to do what they did.
>>
>>46713969
Once upon a time GW wasn't serious buznus. Once upon a time GW was parody on top of parody on top of parody.
>>
>>46713969
Got away with making a fantasy version of Earth with a microcosm of the WH40K universe? OP, it's ok to admit it, you're retarded aren't you?
>>
isn't warhammer fantasy and 4ok satire ?
>>
>>46713969
By being more interested in selling miniatures to people and having a crazy fantasy setting where you can fit in all kinds of historical influences and fantasy tropes, than in having a super original donutsteel setting.

Did you just find out today or something?
>>
>>46714332
No but Age of Sigmar is definitely a joke
>>
>>46714037
>the humid and hot new world full of asexual lizardmen cities covered in gold and gems is called lustria for being lustrous
>>
>>46713969
And I plan to run The Enemy Within campaign so I don't care!
>>
>>46714032

If anything they were writing more so that with fantastical historical events, war fluff and even less characters.
>>
>>46713969
Because everyone at the time was like "oh hey this is a neat and fairly unused idea."
>>
I used the Imperial Knight Household generation table and because of the interactions between the legendary figure bit and the rest of the household detailes ended up with Joan of Arc in space with a giant mech and an anime as fuck plot structure.
>>
>>46713969
Because you can't copyright Earth's geography?
>>
>>46714032
>Tolkien makes shit up using real life
>GW makes shit up using real life
>>
>>46713969
>how they got away with this

Because Hyboria did it first.
>>
File: Realm of Derp.jpg (916 KB, 1540x2000) Image search: [Google]
Realm of Derp.jpg
916 KB, 1540x2000
better question is how do they get away with this
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.