[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #790: Hardcore Training Montage Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46705831
>>
>>46712056
>Berserker

When it says "your enhancement is without limit" how literal is this meant to be taken? I'm assuming you're not supposed to theoretically be capable of destroying the planet by flexing your muscles? Ditto for Master's Body

>Sei Dou Goitsu

If you lack a nervous system for some reason can you use this technique indefinitely without harm?

>Enhanced Ki

Any specific ki tricks or is the general killing intent/projected strikes stuff? How does it compare with Ki Kneading?

>Resistance suit

Just to check, those stats only apply to a baseline human's right?

>Secret of Steel

If you're a good enough metallurgist could you eventually apply the forging techniques to metals other than steel?

Anyway. As should be clear by now I've never read this series at all, but other than that everything looks in order.
>>
How would you guys feel about a Corruption of Champions Jump?
>>
>>46713337
You know the answer. Go away.
>>
File: do_this.png (82 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
do_this.png
82 KB, 625x626
>>
File: this is b8.gif (6 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
this is b8.gif
6 MB, 600x338
>>46713337
Oh boy, an excuse to use this gif!
>>
>>46713365
I like the smirk and flat-bottomed eye.

Feels like a smug anime girl.
>>
File: 2f9.png (207 KB, 600x635) Image search: [Google]
2f9.png
207 KB, 600x635
>>
>Everyone's responding
Why? Just ignore him.
>>
>>46713453
Only one person responded.
>>
>>46713473
>One person
>>46713356
>>46713365
>>46713376
>>46713412
...Really. That's not responding. That's ignoring him.
>>
>>46713531
It's more encouraging others to ignore him.
>>
File: rock&rollbaby.gif (5 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
rock&rollbaby.gif
5 MB, 400x300
Besides Wuxia and Ranma, what jumps can help you become the greatest of kung fu masters?
>>
Hey Dick and or Head,how many times can you take original design and are is the following list the kind of things I could expect to do with it? Can you gain limbs from it or are you stuck with the standard four? And if you take a projectile weapon does it take the standard amount of time to reload or is that done internally, because if it's the standard amount of time that might make the Combi-Weapon option a lot less appealing, or should I assume it works on the same mechanics as it does in the game?
Here's my ideas
1. pile bunker arm that is also a cannon
2. Tesla coil shoulders that continuously throw an aura of damaging lightning.
3. Extra-large mouth with drill teeth.
4. Feet lay explosive caltrops
5. Tongue is a long bladed tentacle
6. a eye is replaced with a gun

Also is the lack of the ability to pay to choose your location intentional?
>>
>>46713337
One: it already exists. Two: it's lewd, and therefore banned. Three: I jumped it anyway and murdered anything and everything everything that thought it could fuck with me. Being an edgelord is excusable in a jump like that.
>>
If I buy Beyond the Code in Kid Radd then hit up Megaman Battle Network, Generic Virtual World or Digimon, am I just FUCKING INVINCIBLE for the 10 years?
>>
>>46713600
We don't want to hear about people doing banned shit, even if it's you.
>>
>>46713555
By not ignoring him? Seems round about to me. Look, it's easy, you don't even have to post "Bait" or something, just don't acknowledge him. Move on.
>>46713571
Well, we just got the Mightiest Disciple jump last thread, Code Geass offers 4 martial arts, and you can learn one from both Kamen Rider jumps, plus the ones you learn in GUNNM.
>>
>>46713571
Jade Empire, GUNNM, Naruto, MGS/R if you wish to learn CQC, and of course, Jackie Chan Adventures.
>>
>>46713600
>Two: it's lewd, and therefore banned.

Lewd jumps are banned? Huh, didn't know that. What's the reasoning behind it?
>>
>>46713571
Taijutsu in Naruto?
>>
>>46713642
/tg is a blue board.
>>
>>46713640
>Naruto
He asked martial arts, not wizardry.
>>
>>46713571
Mystery Dungeon to become a fighting type
Pokemon Conquest and specializing in Fighting Types to boost your martial arts
I think LoSS had the dragon martial arts
Naurto and specializing in martial arts stuff
GUNNM has cyborg martial arts and anti-cybog martial arts
And from there also the Generic Fighting

Oh, Killer Instinct, Killer Bites, Terraformars, and....last one eludes me. Its on the tip of my tongue.
>>
File: meth not even once.jpg (46 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
meth not even once.jpg
46 KB, 480x480
>>46713625
Fine. I'll just go back to doing wizard drugs.
>>
>>46713658
Naruto has mundane (if over the top) martial arts on top of the jutsus
>>
>>46713661
Bloody Roar?
>>
>>46713656
That doesn't stop the smut threads tho, plus it could still be kept on the google drive.
>>
File: ignore_him.jpg (22 KB, 350x328) Image search: [Google]
ignore_him.jpg
22 KB, 350x328
>>
>>46713656
Links to lewd shit is considered SFW (though it's good form to state that it's NSFW). It's more that NSFW can't be posted on the site itself.

For instance, I can link to Oglaf no problem but posting a NSFW Oglaf would get me hammered.
>>
Is anybody working on a Men in Black jump?
>>
>>46713695
Yeah, but they're banned anyway and that is not a thing that is going to change.
>>
>>46713694
BAM! Thank you!
>>
>>46713642
...are you serious? Wait, are you actually serious? You're, you're not baiting? Uh, okay, guess you're new. Well, because /tg/ is a blue board. That stuff's not permitted.
>>
Does light of terra last for 30 years?
>>
>>46713642
1. Blue board.
2. The main CYOA thread gets swallowed up by lewd shit anyway, so it was preemptively made verboten in order to stop Sissy Life: Multiverse Edition.

But still, so long as you don't fucking talk about it noone will care if you find the forbidden drive of darkness and jump the banned stuff.
>>
File: nervous captain planet.gif (432 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
nervous captain planet.gif
432 KB, 350x263
>>46713687
Actually I think that's why you /shouldn't/ do wizard drugs.

Drugs are bad, mm'kay? Goes double for wizard drugs.
>>
>>46713695
You know how CYOA Gen is almost perpetually filled with smut shit?

It was established at the start of when we got kicked out of the Generals, that we'd avoid thread upon thread of lewd and more lewd.

And besides. if you can't find lewd uses for perks and powers in 500+ jumps, you are just not fucking imaginative.
>>
>>46713725
As I said, that doesn't stop the smut threads

>>46713720
I understand the what, I don't understand the why.

>>46713732
thanks, that sounds like a good reason.
>>
>>46713642
You must be new here.
>>
File: avada kedavra is magic.jpg (49 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
avada kedavra is magic.jpg
49 KB, 540x960
>>46713737
But... but... normal drugs lead to tiger blood, so wizard drugs lead to unicorn blood, right?!
>>
>>46713713
Nope, he played dumb so they take his bait like numpties.
>>
>>46713762
First time in this thread, but not on /tg/.
>>
>>46713749
>spoilers

Thank. You.

Seriously. You don't need a dedicated lewd jump, you've got PLENTY of tools available.
>>
>>46713762
He is. I'm pretty sure he's the same guy asking after the housing supplement last thread. Types like him.

>>46713770
>normal drugs lead to tiger blood

How many drugs are you on again?
>>
>>46713749
>Spoiler
This! So much this!
>>
>>46713717
No.
>>
Delete thread, start over.
>>
>>46713770
That image will now haunt me for the rest of my life. You're lucky that there are innocents in this thread, else I would post some of Ken Pender's "art" as vengeance.
>>
>4. The Nightmare Before Christmas

>Boogeyman [Background]
>31 Halloweens old (rolled)
>Danny Elfman Soundtrack [Free!]
>At Least I Left Some Stories They Can Tell [800 left]
>Gambling [Free Boogeyman]
>Last Bug Standing [Discount Boogeyman] [500 left]
>Shadow on the Moon at Night [Discount Boogeyman] [300 left]
>Sack [Free Boogeyman]
>Now Pay Attention [200 left]
>I AM THE PUMPKIN KING! [100 left]
>What's This? [0 left]
>Move On

Going off a suggestion from last thread. I figure I ought to be fine.

I'm not actually sure if gif related is a bee or a wasp.
>>
>>46713730
it lasts until you finish, die or you fuck about too long and trigger the BAD END and kill the universe
>>
>>46713800
By my reckon, not enough.
>>
>>46713642
Because we really, REALLY do not need to hear about the myriad of ways you railed your horse-dicked fox waifu.
>>
>>46713827
It's too late for that, anon.

Thread's been up too long.
>>
>>46713868
...That's oddly specific, anon.
>>
>>46713850
Looks like a wasp.

And wasps are assholes.
>>
>>46713827
Don't be a pussy. Talk about something relevant, make builds and otherwise drown them out.

>>46713856
>Universe

I thought Orokin's gizmo was going to Darkhallow the galaxy, not the universe.
>>
>>46713602
Don't think so, all 3 have stuff other than pure code attacks to worry about. Killer robots, generic cyberpunk tech and giant monsters, specifically
>>
>>46713892
>I thought Orokin's gizmo was going to Darkhallow the galaxy, not the universe.

it's probably a first one, then the other situation
>>
>>46713880
No it's not. That's the creator's OC donut steel mary sue fursona he shoves down your throat in more ways than one.
>>
>>46713892
Kinda hard to drown it out when it's the entire beginning of the thread.
>>
>>46713925
Well that's a thing. Why is that a thing?
>>
>>46713880
The Sophisticates!
>>
>>46713957
Aristocrats
>>
>>46713956
Furries are fucked in the head. Now let the conversation end.
>>
>>46713880
I WAS A YOUNG AND STUPID FELLOW BACK IN THOSE DAYS.

BUT LET US MOVE ON FROM THE TOPIC PLEASE.
>>
>>46713925
I'm gonna assume that's a CoC thing I would've been better off not knowing.

>>46713913
You've got a point there. Still, the most common stuff will be data fuckery, right? Even in Digimon I'm still insured against most things so long as I stay in the digital world, since Data=Matter there.

Thanks though.
>>
If I'm a mutant in in the X-Men Movies jump, then go to the Marvel jump, will I count as a mutant?
>>
File: corruption of cats.jpg (92 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
corruption of cats.jpg
92 KB, 800x600
>>46713970
>>
Guy asking about LotR last thread:
Somewhere between those two points. I know everything I'm going to do, and have parts of it written. I could probably finish the thing (write 3-4 perks) in 15 minutes and post. But given how much shit happens every time people een mention changes, I haven't bothered (life's been busy). So I'll be happy to hear suggestions, no promises that they'll make it in, especially if they're big (I'm not going to rewrite the jump so you can be evil by adding 15 perks, Orc, Uruk, and Sauron backgrounds, and more drawbacks, for example).
>>
>>46713991
That filename is spicy.
>>
>>46713944
You aren't trying hard enough, then. I've seen threads start off way worse. Put some backbone into it, pansy.

>>46713973
I'm not real familiar with all 3 IPs to be honest. I just know on a dim level that the high level digimons can blow stuff up real good when they evolve enough so-y'know, be ready to dodge some shrapnell and debris

>>46713986
Er, yes? Once a mugga, always a mugga.
>>
>>46713986
>implying a Jumper isn't a mutant from jumping.
But seriously I don't think so unless you take the origin.
>>
>>46714012
Not that anon, but What's His Face, Zeed Milleniamon I think, is apparently a multiverse buster from what I've heard. Which is stupid.
>>
>>46713986
Fanwank it. You have the X-Gene from the movie verse, but who knows if it's the same as the 616 gene?
>>
>>46713986
I would say yes, but if you don't take the Mutant drawback you can still hide it from most people. Specialized sensors (Cerebro, Sentinels, for example) may be able to pick you up, but it would be difficult.
>>
>>46714043
Well, that explains why people keep bringing it up. It does sound stupid. Are you sure it's not like the Pokdex's entries about pokemon with 600 IQ scores who can juggle black holes?
>>
>>46713856
Wait, there's a time-limit on Light of Terra?
>>
>>46713642
Most of the old guard are traumatized by the fate of the Magical Realm cyoa thread that apparently collapsed over lewd anons splurging all over it, and so basically pitch a fit whenever the topic comes up.
>>
>>46713593
They've probably filtered you.
>>
>>46714004
So, sorry if these are stupid questions that'd be answered by knowing more about LoTR, but-

Can the Master Armor be made of Mithril? What exactly does Artefact of Legend mean by "even one of the other items listed here"? Could I choose a magic pipe that calms me down or a hat that's super good at keeping me warm and safe from the sun, or is that too divorced from the vaguely magic stuff already available?

>>46714090
It's a Reference Book thing, so it's pretty much narration for nothing. Taking it at face value isn't the smartest thing to do, but pretty much everyone who bothers to learn about this shit does so, so hey.
>>
>>46714167
I thought they were new? Can someone repeat my question then because I want these answers and everyone was pissy when I tried to ask them without my ID.
>>
>>46714167
Shush, don't encourage him to go without his name and trip.

>>46714147
I'm not part of this "old guard' you speak of, but I too see the wisdom in not becoming like CYOA general, which at the worst of times can feel like the epicenter of a dozen sexually confused teenagers just discovering masturbation as a concept.

>>46714177
Well, fuck 'em. I'm just considering it an overhyped weird multi-creature.
>>
>>46714090
Basically, this >>46714177. It's absurd, but people do that kind of stuff sometimes.
>>
>>46714147
Love just how much scorn and sarcasm you manage to fit into one sentence.

As a former Realmer, you can actually thank Legion, AngelAnon and at least two others whom I won't bring up lest it cause some fairly nasty drama for ruining it for literally everybody else. on top of the original creator deciding to fuck everybody over by creating the Throne PvP nonsense. And the decision to move it onto it's own website was the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>46714208
Which is really weird because I've seen consistent consensus that the Pokedex isn't to be trusted.
>>
>>46714177
Yes.

It means if you want to have a really fancy sword that's good at cutting things AND is famous and rallies those who follow you in battle, you can do that rather than buying two different swords.

Artefact of Legend is really more meant to create something uniquely you that raises morale for others, so those wouldn't really work. You could buy a pipe that, when you smoke it, calms everyone else down because you're so chill you're smoking a pipe in a dangerous situation, though.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>46714220
...any particular reason why you don't want to bring the other two up? I was under the impression those two were the absolute worst.
>>
What's the deal with Witcher costing more than Sorcereress/Sage in the Witcher? You don't even get to be an Old Witcher and mages in the setting can easily outdo Witchers.
>>
>>46714289
It does. Thank you.
>>
>>46714206
>I'm not part of this "old guard' you speak of, but I too see the wisdom in not becoming like CYOA general, which at the worst of times can feel like the epicenter of a dozen sexually confused teenagers just discovering masturbation as a concept.

As opposed to being the epicenter to a bunch of people acting like pre-puberty kids when confronted with any sort of mature elements?

Tell the newbie about the gantz jump.
>>
>>46714314
How about you stuff your drama up your ass and go back to your troll cave?
>>
>>46714314
Hey, don't conflate me with THAT idiot. I'd be cool with Gantz, we have 40K, the Fate series, James Bond and a whole bunch of other jumps with grownup themes.
>>
Oh wow, been refreshing the old thread for a while now. Didn't even realize it was archived. my bad.

>>46713096
And you are correct. Masters body and berserker are meant to be "grows continually" rather than "planet busting". You'll get better with them as time goes on but given the logarithmic nature of its growth you're reasonably going to cap out around oh, I don't know...Aquaman strength levels maybe? (I can't recall his full strength) but you could probably eventually hold up a collapsing oil rig for a short time, but could not do things like break the earths mantle or the like.

I...don't think ki-techniques work without a nervous system.

Ki kneading is control of ki. Enhanced ki is the amount. Ki kneading generally lets masters pull out the crazy but ultimately natural stuff. enhanced ki is what let that jujitsu master lady during the final arc project what amounted to a giant spiritual body or what have you.

Yes the resistance suit is baseline human, but could theoretically be modified for greater purposes if you had 3+ super sciences under your belt.

I think secret of steel is supposed to be just for steel, but I suppose it could be incorporated into certain alloys that have steel as a composite if you stretch it? Though it would have decreased efficacy the less steel that is included in the final product.
>>
>>46714476
Okay, so it's kinda a softcap thing? Alright thanks. Other than that I just wanted to say I spent the first half of the jump thinking it was pretty safe haven to do some regular training in, and then it was only when I got to the drawbacks i realised-that this was getting into some serious shounen fighten' spirit energy. Either that or the entire human race is a bunch of bargain bin Saitamas because I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to do all that just by doing pushups.
>>
File: i226212.jpg (18 KB, 233x350) Image search: [Google]
i226212.jpg
18 KB, 233x350
Is there anyone making a yaoshenji jump? The world is like magic kung fu wuxia mixed with demons and stuff and it looks like it would be an interesting jump.
>>
>>46714476
Also apart from that would you say the jump's ready for builds? Okay if you wanna do some last minute tweaks but as far as I can see it all looks good.

>>46714599
Nope. If you're offering, good luck. If not, guess we'll wait and see, I've never heard of that.
>>
>>46714599
Never heard of it.
>>
>>46714476
>I...don't think ki-techniques work without a nervous system.
You might want to make an excepting if you buy the perk, lots of Jumpers don’t have anything resembling normal biology after a certain point.
>>
>>46714618
Guess I can try my hand at it. Pretty much everything in the setting is gained via hard work though and everything can be learned if you try. Seems a bit weird to use that as backgrounds.
>>
>>46714599
I would say good luck in figuring out everything, considering how wuxia stories like it and others can go really high power-level.
>>
>>46714685
Aight. Don't be afraid to ask for help. As a general rule of thumb, do the complete opposite of what that guy who's making the vampire diaries jump is doing, and you shouldn't go wrong.
>>
>>46714693
The strongest the characters have ahown to be at legen rank (which is basically a lifetime of work) is lifting up to 1250 kg and flying. Heaven ranks and beyond just seem to make your soul powers stronger and give you non evil horcruxes with a short range.
>>
>>46714685
Perks don't have to be superpowers, though. They can just be a big head start. Plus, people often have differences of opinion on whether powers that defy conventional laws of physics carry over if you don't get them from a background or points.
>>
>>46714745
What? No. No, they don't dude. Plenty of people find ways to get magic and stuff on their own initiative without relying on CP purchases.
>>
>>46714140
You can spend a few hundred years there, but iirc B5 said that sitting around for longer than that to power up other stuff triggers a bad end
>>
>>46714685
Lots of settings have most things learnable through, so it's not that weird.

Anyway, it sounds interesting, through I've never heard of it before.
>>
>>46714776
Since that thing seems to run on wuxia/shounen rules, that's about right, but you do realize every other learnable power in the chain relies on stuff that only exists in the setting it's from, right?
>>
>>46714685
Head starts help.
>>
>>46714745
>>46714776
>>46714831
Oh, come on. Don’t start up this argument again.
>>
>>46714685
Good luck then. if everything in the setting can be learned, you'll be strapped for CP purchases.

People HATE to spend their CP.
>>
>>46714848
It's not an argument, though. It's basic logic.
>>
>>46714831
It really depends on the kind of power. Naruto stuff is bloodline based, for example. There's certain types of magic with a genetic basis too, like Harry Potter. Besides, there's plenty of perks out there to copy/imitate powers like Creative Composition and that one from Aquaria.

>>46714848
What are you even talking about? I'm just explaining to this fellow why he's been wrong for like, hundreds of threads.
>>
>>46714857
They'll spend it though. It doesn't carry over so they have to.

>>46714879
Apparently not considering it's something different people who have reached different conclusions feel very strongly about. That you think something is logical does not mean others agree.
>>
>>46714476
Thinking on it, two things I feel you missed was an appearance perk for how amazing everyone in the series looks, and a perk for being able to more easily combine multiple martial art styles into something that fits your abilities, like how the MC connects different techniques to make his Saikyou Combo.
>>
>>46713770
I wasn't aware you were Charlie Sheen in real life. I am so sorry.
>>
>>46713850
It's a wasp. And holy fuck I would like a Sakamoto jump, but from what I see, there's nothing special besides Sakamoto in it. Any manga readers that could elaborate?
>>
>>46714889
That's what I'm saying. Stuff that relies solely on your self, you can go wild with. But if you learn how to manipulate some unspecified mystical field in the universe in one jump, there's no reason to assume other worlds will have that same magic field for you to mess with, which is where Benefactor fiat would come in with a CP purchase.

I'm sorry if "every other learnable power" made it seem like I was saying something else, that's my failure in conveying my reasoning while trying to shorten my speech.
>>
>>46714578
Yeah, soft cap sounds about right. And yeah the jump is generally low-powered and has protections built in at the start to keep you safe from the worst the world has to throw at you (i.e. auto-master). That said I really cannot speak to the nature of human physiology when it comes to shounen manga.

>>46714618
Yes, it is build ready. I just wanted to do a last-check and add some stuff to the notes before sending it off to the drive.

>>46714655
I mean...maybe they work? And you could certainly slip into an alt-form that has a physiology of that nature to use those techniques even if it doesn't.
>>
>>46714848
It's not an argument, it's a fact. Some people feel that anything you learn gets carried over via Jump-Chan fiat. Some people feel that only mundane skills and skills based on powers you've purchased get carried over. It's impossible for either to be right or wrong, because it's pure opinion.
>>
I have a question, and it's about JoJo, and it's about Stands, but it's not about the Stand supplement that will never be: Do Stands retain their original ability even as an Awakened/Requiem? What I mean is, I know you can't have both Awakened and Requiem, but for example if I grab Pearl Jam and upgrade it to Requiem, will I still be able to manipulate water?
>>
What are the best metamagic perks, /jc/? Not things that strengthen it, those are fairly common, but perks that change the way your spellcasting works to allow interesting new utility?
>>
>>46714476
>>46714954
>I feel you missed was an appearance perk for how amazing everyone in the series looks

I was just thinking the same thing, and want to add my voice to those requesting a perk for the incredibly vain among us.
>>
>>46715107
Better yet - tie the appearance boost to those martial arts you've learned and specialized in.
>>
>>46715103
Any of the options from Dresden Files besides Power to Burn. Soulfire is particularly of note, but the (Un)Seelie Magic and Soulfire options are also good modifications.
>>
>>46715064
Oh right, I see what you mean now. Yeah, that makes sense.

>>46715093
Nope, you switch out one powerset for another
>>
>>46715093
Definitely for Awakened, that's based on what happened to Kira and he could still use normal bombs even after getting Bites The Dust. For Requiem it's less clear, but probably still works. Silver Chariot Requiem was still a super fast swordsman, even if it didn't stab to kill anymore, and Gold Experience Requiem makes a scorpion out of a piece of rock.
>>
File: 1453867882579.jpg (15 KB, 200x355) Image search: [Google]
1453867882579.jpg
15 KB, 200x355
>>46715121
Brilliant!
>>
>>46715149
Seems legit, I can work with that.
>>46715136
Why do you say that? Other anon gave some canon examples that say the opposite. Not accusing you of being a liar, just curious. Word of God?
>>
Objections if I make an Exalted jump?
>>
>>46715217
I might've misremembered, I was thinking mainly about Gold Experience going from biomass manipulation to the hax cause-effect reversal it did later on. Went from being a quirky ability to something constantly brought up in vs battles.
>>
>>46715235
Isn't there already one in the works?
>>
>>46715235
Are you really back, or is this just someone trolling by using your name? Tell me something only the real Babylon 5 Anon would know.
>>
>>46715235
Sweet gorilla of Manila you are alive?!
>>
>>46715235
Are you real, or just a beautiful dream?
>>
>>46715235
B-babylon? You're back?!
>>46715252
No problem anon, thank you for answering.
>>
>>46715262
You may be thinking of the garbage spacebattles one which-

>>46715235
-doesn't count, so please don't let that universally reviled piece of shit discourage you from making an actually good jump.
>>
>>46715235
Considering A) somebody else a few threads ago claimed it, and B) you said your-own-fucking-self you were done after Spacebattles drama, despite your existing works I will in fact say yes, there are objections.
>>
>>46715235
Don't do this, man. My heart can't take it.
>>
>>46715307
Kill yourself. I've said it before and I'll say it again-SB's shit doesn't count unless it's approved here. And that certainly fucking wasn't.
>>
>>46715305
No, an anon in that same thread of shit volunteered to make it before the Spacebattles drek was plopped in here.
>>
>>46715307
I sense some slight antagonism Anon. May I ask why?
>>
It's me, 100%. I've been a huge fan of Exalted for a long time, and I've been involved in an online game that's spanned four years now.
>>
>>46715235
Post on SB tell them you are making the exalted jump. I would much rather you do this, and I will support you entirely

(this is Seed Anon)
>>
>>46715328
>>46675740

Boom.

Bitch.
>>
>>46715305
Some other anon decided to go through with some of the stuff people talked about- no going past Essence 5 before Sparking, multiple jumps due to different Exaltations having their own hubba bubba, possibly picking one Exaltation to keep at the end of the mini-chain?, etc.
>>
File: saltmustflow.jpg (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
saltmustflow.jpg
47 KB, 250x250
>>46715361
same reason as always, i expect.
>>
>>46715371
Why should he? He got fed up dealing with 'em last time; not saying you guys are all bad apples but neither does it seem reasonable to ask a guy to go back to a community that holds such bad memories.
>>
>>46715328
Okay how you don't get an opinion that matters until you make a jump rather than just make shit posts.
>>
>>46715381
DOESN'T COUNT HE'S OBVIOUSLY AN SB SHITPOSTER LALALALALALA.
>>
File: Nice.gif (1010 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Nice.gif
1010 KB, 320x180
>>46715305
>>46715328
>>46715332
>>46715371
>>46715407
>SB
Can we please not bring that nonsense up again? Please?
>>46715363
AAAAAAHHHH! WELCOME BACK MAN! WE THOUGHT YOU WERE GONE FOREVER! WOOHOO!
>>
>>46715371
Because he's doing to SB the exact same thing he bitched about them doing. Which is a really stupid thing to do in light of >>46715381.
>>
>>46714954
Yeah. The appearance perk was in an older version of it where I included master as an option (as well as the ability to destroy any clothing the target was wearing) but that ended up removed for power balance.

We tried to write a good martial arts-combo perk but found we couldn't give it any serious tangible benefits that wouldn't have been game-breaking. Instead we went with the list of available martial arts and the ability to study them/incorporate them as needed.
>>
>>46714959
>mfw I am Charlie Sheen after binging on wizard drugs
>>
>>46715363
If you're genuinely not rusing, I'd love to see what you come up with. I don't know about >>46675740, though. That could be an issue.

Ignore the Spacebattles trash, though. It's... the worst.

Have you seen the previous discussions, by the way? Someone proposed an interesting idea about doing one Jump for each Exaltation, then keeping it from getting broken by either having you pick your final Exaltation at the end of them, or letting you swapping out Exaltations once per Jump. I'd love to see either solution or an entirely different solution, but I would LOVE to get a chance to try the different flavors out.
>>
>>46715433
What are you even talking about? What does SB have to do with anything? He didn't know somebody was calling one already, that's nothing to do with the other community.
>>
>>46715398
>>46715425
>>46715433
Because IMO Babylon will do a better job of it, and everyone acknowledges that he has the experience and aptitude to make a good jump of it. Thereby making it more likely that all parties will recognize Babs would be better suited to do it.
In short I want whoever is making the Exalted WiP to concede that before it moves forward.
>>
>>46715433
Fuck SB, but there is a degree of irony there.
>>
File: LIMIT.gif (262 KB, 450x452) Image search: [Google]
LIMIT.gif
262 KB, 450x452
So, we all know there are perks that let you enter Final Forms or Super Modes, and items you can use to give yourself a major boost briefly.

But how are we supposed to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND?
>>
>>46715496
Are we doing this popularity contest bullshit? Seriously?
>>
>>46715514
Get in the robot, sonic

>>46715496
...did you miss the part where it's likely he has no motivation to be involved with that community because of that weirdness with that asshat of a mod?
>>
>>46715488
He said he was leaving forever because some SB mod and a few others wanted to remake his Babylon 5 jump without his permission. And now he's back to remake an Exalted jump without the jumpmaker's permission.

For a community that bitches hardcore about maker's rights, you'd think there would be more following their own rules.
>>
>>46715235
>>46715363
...yes. ALL OF MY YES.

That said... As others have mentioned there was someone who said they'd make one. I'm not convinced it's actually going to happen through, or that they're not a shitposter. Especially in light of the shit dropped right after that, and nothing further from that anon aside from that single post.

Would still prefer you to make it, no offence to maybe-actually-serious-anon. Sorry.
>>
>>46715514
Final Form with Mantra Level 8. Boom. Or just limit yourself and slowly lessen the amount of power you're holding back during a fight.
>>
>>46715528
In a here vs there contest we might as well go for here.
>>
>>46715528
No, I am attempting to maintain precedent by urging Babylon to go to SB and express his interest in taking over the Exalted jump by getting the other party to renounce their claim on it. Rather than set bad precedence by simply yoinking it
>>
File: He is the Eggman....jpg (37 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
He is the Eggman....jpg
37 KB, 426x640
>>46715514
You've already hit your limit, rodent.
>>
I didn't know there was an Anon here who had claimed the jump already, that does change things.

and yes, I'm aware of the irony of this entire thing.
>>
>>46715566
How about we give respect to the other jumpmaker and have him decide if he wants to continue it himself and not bitch if he does. It's his decision, and he has the authority over the jump right now.
>>
>>46715547
>trusting what someone says in maximum salt mode as truth

Though the latter bit is kinda sketchy.
>>
>>46715547
>>46715566
If you're talking about the SB jump, they're versions don't count for this community's purposes. To be honest I don't understand why he left in the first place, nobody here would've cared about their jump.

If you're talking about anon's post from before, that seems like-

>>46715588
-oh alright, nevermind then.
>>
>>46715588
Perhaps you and he can talk about it?
>>
>>46715496
Can we have both of them make the jumps instead?

>>46715514
Eight Gate+Hyper Mode+Overclock/Overcharge?+Final Formed Kaiju/Angel/Kryptonian Mode+taking off my Spiritual Pressure supressing eyepatches.

Pretty nothing, but I like it.
>>
>>46715607
If he doesn't want to give up the jump, Im honestly ok with that, because it will at least maintain the status quo.
>>
>>46715235
welcome back! you go and make whatever jump you damn well please!
>>46715514
use them both at once of course for double the power.
>>
>>46715361
That guy expects everyone to stay here forever. If people ever get fed up with drama or leave suddenly they're monsters for it.
>>
>>46715630
Only if someone can make a good fucking DxD light novel continuity jump.
>>
>>46715610
We have a few jumps here that are good. That guy from Gundam Seed, Battletech, there have been a few others. That's just setting bad precedence, anon.
>>
>>46715433
We've never been beholden to them.
>>
>>46715107
Eh, fair enough. I'll add the "Stunning" perk back into the general perks section then.

Thank you for your time everyone. If all goes to plan the final version of the Kenichi jump should be in the "to be sorted" folder within the hour.
>>
>>46715547
Their site exclusive material is not binding to us.
>>46715670
Because they came over here. Only things brought to this thread count. And the WIP someone else posted for them got rejected.
>>
>>46715433
Spacebattles Jumps are garbage, and they're happy being garbage. Seriously, I checked their thread after the Exalted debacle, and the guy making it basically said "Other Jumps are shit, why should I make mine good?"

Well, why should we let them ruin a setting by making a shitty Jump for it?
>>
>>46715566
Precedent is rejecting SB exclusive material if we don't like it.

>>46715607
He has no claim or rights.
>>
>>46715622
I bet that anon is going to feel like shit once he learns we missed out on having Babylon coming back because of him.
>>
>>46715786
>>46715787
Then I guess we really don't give a shit about jumpmaker's rules, and it's all a popularity contest? No one cares if I remake Dissidia, or Dragon's Crown, or Bayonetta? As long as I make it and people like me?
>>
>>46715657
...I think you must have Babs confused with someone else, because I've never seen that sort of behavior from him.
>>
>>46715786
>>46715787
>>46715818
Its not site exclusive. It was posted here
http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1460671945065.pdf

You want to say its shit, fine, but don't pretend that he didn't post it here.
>>
>>46715818
>>46715831
My god you people are shitty. just because your fucking waifu comes back we should disregard >>46715381 because fucking why?
>>
>>46715849
>Bayonetta
Speaking of that, I remember there being something related to in the works. Is it done?
>>
>>46715849
No, sorry anon. We do care about the rules. Our rules don't apply to SB, as they're so willing to brag about. And guess what? That means our protective rules don't count either.

>>46715861
I'm talking about the anon who was INSULTING Babylon.

>>46715866
It was rejected. We're not beholden to accept anything if the entire thread rejects it.
>>
>>46715849
>>46715866
It got posted and got rejected. We reject Jumps now if they're complete shit. Deal with it.
>>
>>46715866
...That was someone else posting for him. The maker has no intention of going here at all.
>>
>>46715879
The remake was done, yes. up in the Drive right now.

preddy gud too.
>>
>>46715878
Look at the post times. It's pretty obviously just one guy, and a troll at that. Don't take his bait
>>
>>46715878
I didn't say to disregard him. I said he'll feel like shit.

That's not the SB one though, which we're rejecting because it's garbage.
>>
>>46715849
The fuck is wrong with Dissidia, Dragon's Crown and Bayonetta?
>>
>>46715881
And the guy said he was going to go back and change it.

You can do this whole holier than thou business, but all you're doing is the exact same thing they're doing.
>>
>>46715881
Oh, alright then.
>>
>SB is trying to boss us around using the rules they themselves ignore constantly.
Hilarious.
>>
>>46715879
It is. I bled so much CP there.
>>
>>46715931
Because I don't like them and they can be done better.
>>
>>46715932
Stop bringing logic here, I want my favorite jumpmaker back.

Hell. Fuck literally every other jumpmaker for that matter.
>>
>>46715932
No he didn't. He whined about other jump's 'precedent' and did nothing.
>>
>>46715958
How could they be done better?
>>
>>46715931
That anon is an SB troll.
>>
>>46715976
Doesn't matter. I can do it now. I just have to take a name and people will be okay with it.
>>
>>46715976
Bayonetta doesn't give him the un-nerfed Eyes of the World.
Dissidia doesn't give him all the FF villain powersets ever.
Dragon's Crown doesn't give him enough booty.
>>
>>46715905
Hellblazer, DxD, Forgotten realms

Oh I could go on, but instead why don't you just remind me which jumps you made instead, eh?

Precedent is precedent. Someone has posted in the thread that the jump is being made, the jump has been posted in the thread. It is is established it is being worked on.
>>
>>46715997
Were those jumps made on SB? As we told you, the only way this stuff happens is if it's SB exclusive material or the entire thread rejects the jump. Didn't happen with those.
>>
>>46716001
>Dragon's Crown doesn't give him enough booty.
Legitimate concern. It already give you as much booty as you want, but perhaps it need /more/ than you want.
>>
>>46716010
He said now. Grandfather clause protects things on the drive. Not your new shit.

>SB still whining their shit OP jump won't be allowed.
>>
So Babs change of subject, would you totally do me a solid and take over Log Horizon for me

Please
>>
>>46715932
>Voice is really bland, and doesn't capture the feel of the setting. Modern Informal doesn't fit Exalted.
>Not sure what to say about this really, plenty of jumps seem to suffer from the same 'problem', assuming its a problem at all. Honestly it seems like nitpicking.

>The problem was a voice thing, that they were unhappy with the 'cavalier tone' as compared to the more epic tone and themes of Exalted.
>Man it's already 20 pages long, do they want me to write a short novella as an intro?

>and there's a LOT of hate over the Alchemical Exalt thing.
>I've already laid out my stance on that to be honest. If people don't want it, don't purchase it.

>Items list: The word "dosh" and other, similar, terminology does not belong in an Exalted jump, and also, telling them to go see the book is bad.
>As for the bit about 'go see the book' they're just going to have to freaking deal with that.
He literally doesn't give a shit that his Jump is terrible. He's going to make some superficial changes, and that's it.

>>46716010
Those Jumps are, unfortunately, why we have the "We reject complete shit" rule, and they've been grandfathered in.
>>
Sister anon, protect us from these invading heretics!
>>
>>46716047
Well, no Anon, it was agreed that one Anon could remake Hellblazer.
>>
>>46716047
yes, blame spacebattles, because it's entirely impossible for 4channers for disagree with each other.
>>
>>46716110
Considering this entire 'upset' is over some people whining about SB's rights and defending them, it's a sure bet you and they post there.
>>
>>46716001
That's pure subjective opinion. A Jump must be renounced by the will of the Collective Jumpconscious to be replaceable.
>>
>>46716087
I don't even know what that is, sorry.
>>
>>46716104
No. Thats a terrible fucking idea it sets a terrible precedent. It doesn't matter that Hellblazer is a bad jump
>>
>>46716142
From what Ive heard, it's basically a good SA0.
>>
just a thought, but if someone were about to start work on a Dungeon Keeper jump, the only actual background to be considered is to be a keeper, right?
>>
>>46716177
Basically. You'd have to pull a Bloodborne and allow one discount on each price tier.
>>
>>46716177
I'd make it a LoT style gauntlet.
>>
>All this cause people believe some cunt pretending to be Bab

It's like you guys don't know why tripcodes exist.
>>
File: bzzzz.gif (521 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
bzzzz.gif
521 KB, 500x390
>5. Bioshock

>Rolled Hephaestus
>26 years old (rolled)
>Laborer [Free!]
>Endurance [Free Laborer]
>Charisma [700 left]
>Willpower [Discount Laborer] [400 left]
>Insect Swarm (free upgrades version) [300 left]
>Hypnotize (free upgrades version) [150 left]
>Eve Link (free upgrades version) [100 left]
>Welding Torch [Free Laborer]
>Wrench [Free Laborer]
>Aquaphobia [300 left]
>Diving Suit [150 left]
>Extra Nutrition (free upgrades version) [100 left]
>Armored Shell (free upgrades version) [0 left]
>Move On

To think that We must masquerade as a laborer! This is truly an interesting situation. Our survival, however, seems to be in jeopardy. We can only hope that We can find a suitable means of escape from the coming cataclysm without triggering Our admittedly distressing phobia of liquid dihydrogen monoxide.

In other news, We have begun using the royal "We." It is very satisfying.
>>
>>46716151
I wasn't even involved in that decision Anon. Besides, every Anon there agreed on it. It was fucking magical seeing it.
>>
>>46716211
He doesn't have one.
>>
>>46715961
Well then I should pick up my jumps and go home then.

>>46716128
Well as a 4channer, why the hell should I make content for a community that can remake anything I do because it doesn't have enough catgirls or some retarded reason like that?
>>
>>46716177
There's always being the Avatar. You could also do different flavors of Keeper, kind of like how Aquaria did different personality aspects to focus on.
>>
>>46716044
>Booty
>Not Tits or marvelous thighs.
You disappoint me anon.
>>
>>46716177
I know that I'm not best at this but alternately you could not make keeper a background and have backgrounds for the more iconic monsters like bile demons, dark mistresses and warlocks.
>>
>>46716247
We don't call ourselves '4channers'.
>>
>>46716177
If you check the SA lets play archive I remember someone did a Dungeon Keeper LP where he made up a mass of history/backstory that was actually pretty good. Might give you a few ideas at least.
>>
>>46716218
Make mutant honey out of slugs.
>>
>>46716247
>A jump made here only gets rejected for being unfinished or pure shit.
So if you're from here, what are you scared of? It almost never happens. Once it's on the drive, it's basically scripture.
>>
>>46716211
He's in the IRC.
>>
File: RAGE.gif (8 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.gif
8 MB, 720x720
>>
>>46716352
>IRC

So all this drama is an IRC conspiracy is what you're saying.

Sorry. I had to get it out there before somebody else did.
>>
>>46716352
does his IP address match his old IP address?
>>
>>46716265
Hey, I'm just answering that anon's concerns. Not citing personal preference. Obviously, tits and thighs are far superior. Through hips are nice too.
>>
>>46716352
If it is the real deal, then this is a really stupid move by him.
>>
>>46716317
I don't know where that archive is. linky?
>>
>>46716382
Well now you've just confirmed Conspiracy-Anon's arrival.

Fuck you.
>>
>>46716426
He probably means this one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwim1cPcm5TMAhWC5SYKHRl7CFcQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Flparchive.org%2F&usg=AFQjCNGPZhdlNfqnMa9rw3-F5UXvxlo86A&sig2=D_yad6_qd870QM_2Ozhu_Q
>>
>>46716415
It's a pretty smart move, really. Makes sure we won't have a shitstorm later when SB tries to stick their Exalted on the drive.
>>
>>46716471
>makes sure we won't have a shitstorm later
>by making a shitstorm now
>>
>>46716483
Better to get it out of the way and end up with a good jump, than have it later and get nothing for it.
>>
>>46716426
>>46716452
Pretty sure this is the Let's Play: http://lparchive.org/Dungeon-Keeper/Update%201/
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>46715075
Awesome. Build time.

Drawback: Vs World (1600)

Prodigy, age 18 (1500)

Rolled Despair Island

Dontoverthinkitjusthitthebastardsjinken (Free)
Unarmed (Free)
Go no sen (Free)
Civilian Skills (Free)
Ki Kneading (1300)
Enhanced Ki (1150)
Sei Dou Goitsu (1100)
Dojo (Free)
Secret of Steel (900)
Combat Empathy (300)
Import (0)
-Daedalus: Disciple, Jujutsu (Free), Etiquette (Free), Combat Empathy (300), Enhanced Ki (150), Youth and Longevity (0)
-Camilla: Drop-In, Kalarippayattu (Free), Hidden Weapons (Free), Brainwashing (300), Enhanced Ki (150), Martial Art Medicine (0)
-Elise: Disciple, Combat SAMBO (Free), Etiquette (Free), Combat Empathy (300), Enhanced Ki (150), Martial Art Medicine (0)
-Asami: DIsciple (free), Go no sen (Free), Etiquette (Free), Disciple's Discipline (450), Combat Empathy (150), Enhanced Ki (0)
-Blaize: Delinquent (Free), Pankration (Free), Animalistic Incorporation (Free), Berserker (300), Sei Dou Goitsu (150), Enhanced Ki (0)
-Amane: Disciple (Free), Pencak Silat (Free) Disciple's Discipline (450), Combat Empathy (150), Enhanced Ki (0)
-Arfoire: Delinquent (Free), Pencak Silat (Free), Animalistic Incorporation (Free), Delinquent's Ambition (450), Berserker (150), Enhanced Ki (0)
-Yion: DIsciple (free), Chivalry (Free), Etiquette (Free), Disciple's Discipline (450), Combat Empathy (150), Enhanced Ki (0)

Oh well. This is nice. Do some katas on the Bastion, get round to teaching the new meat the basics of Space CQC. It's like blowing up a bike with antimatter: Once you see it, you'll never forget i-

>eerily similar
>greatest enemies

...okay then. We're not entirely sure how the martial artists are going to imitate the likes of Lucifer, Nyarlathotep, Shiki and Umor "The Godflayer" McDeathington. Or exactly how martial arts techniques can defend against pulses of gravity and energy projectiles that turn biomass into pure carbon on impact.

But apparently dealing with them will take a more concrete plan than guns+portals.
>>
>>46716471
Except that the author said he didn't want to. The only reason people in this thread even KNOW about it is because there is some stupid cunt who stalks that thread and posts anything remotely objectable from there on these threads to stir up shit, and you idiots always fall for it.
>>
>>46716521
So you're saying there's no problem at all and Babylon can do what he wants after getting into contact with that anon from here who expressed interest in Exalted.
>>
>>46716514
Haven't you heard of the ancient chinese art of megidoladyne?
>>
>>46716541
>Babylon can do what he wants

That's exactly what 70% of this thread is saying, yes.
>>
>>46716504
right, thanks. that should help. I always did have a bettr time getting ideas out of reading than i did out of playing
>>
>>46716566
Glad we're in agreement then.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.