[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make a Mary Sue in a game where the entire party is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 570x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 570x320
How do you make a Mary Sue in a game where the entire party is super heroes? It seems like it'd be impossible.
>>
Please define what you mean by Mary Sue, because you're probably doing it wrong.
>>
Reality warping powers.
>>
>>46709675
any power related to giving,taking or removing powers
>>
>>46709675
Find out what superpowers everyone else has and say that your character has them all as well but is better at using them than they are.
>>
That doesn't sound hard at all
>>
>>46709675
You're either a retard or a troll.
>>
They play batman.
>>
>>46709675
Make Jean Grey, or Hope Summers, or any member of the Grey/Summers clan besides Cyclops and Havok.
>>
>>46709675
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/fatguy.html

It's not just powers that make a mary sue, it's how the character is presented to eyebleeding levels of Doughnut Steel. Heterochromia helps too.
>>
>>46709675
Superman.
>>
Superman end of story. Useless Mary sue fuck bucket. Batman could also work, depending on Era and writer.
>>
Your all Mary sues, that's the point. Nice bait mate
>>
You don't, or you incite a player kicking. Now stop trying to break the game!
>>
>>46711036
thank you for being one of the reasons why MoS went the direction it went
>>
>>46714366
I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.
>>
I suppose a Mary Sue would have the power to have any powers that person wants.
>>
>>46715571

superman has a lot of weakness as a character. it's part of what makes him an interesting portrayal as a "light of hope" type thing

but yknow. sociopath faggots don't care about that. they just see that he's Super and just cry that he's too strong and that batman is better because at least he's human. despite the fact that batman can match an invincible alien physically with his tech bullshit and -also- beat him at chess.

so. people like you are the reason superman is written so fucking badly so often.
>>
>>46716460
So you're saying Supes is a badly written character because we complain about Supes being a badly written character?
That would mean that Supes is a badly written character because Supes is a badly written character, no matter whether anyone complains about it.
>>
File: luthor.jpg (242 KB, 1024x1573) Image search: [Google]
luthor.jpg
242 KB, 1024x1573
>>46711036
Luthor.
>>
>>46716950
go to bed lex you're drunk
>>
File: Scarlet_Witch.jpg (192 KB, 300x455) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet_Witch.jpg
192 KB, 300x455
>>46709703
This.
>>
>>46716460
I don't like superman because he was born with his powers (well honestly most superheros are born with powers or get them by chance it seems.) and didn't earn them or even really have to work too hard, and while different superman interpretations have him struggle to earn his full potential to different degrees, it mostly comes down to him simply 'trying hard enough' to go further into god mode enough to win.

I suppose i have never liked superman, but i guess i just don't like the idea of some guy just having godmode and then getting praised and celebrated for not being a dick while having godmode powers and saving everyone.

I dunno, if you think i'm full of shit then please tell me why my line of thinking is wrong instead of outright just telling me to fuck off.

>I have sodium
>>
>>46717095
It's funny that some people think this is a pro-Luthor story
>>
>>46709675
You sweet innocent child. That's not how mary sues work.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue
It's not about powers, it's about the character's place in the story.

>>46721928
Nah I agree with most of that. Superman is very often, very boring.
>>
>>46721928
>I suppose i have never liked superman, but i guess i just don't like the idea of some guy just having godmode and then getting praised and celebrated for not being a dick while having godmode powers and saving everyone.
This is a valid reason to not like Superman.
You’re not wrong or a dick to say he didn’t earn his powers.
It could be argued that he has shown he deserves his powers because of how he uses them and remains decent and uncorrupted by them.

>>46716460 Report
>people like you are the reason superman is written so fucking badly so often.
Agreed.

>>46722058
>Superman is very often, very boring.
Also agreed. Although, he doesn’t have to be.

What gets me about Superman is what I see when I put myself in his position:
Imagine living in a world where everything is made of tissue paper.
Imagine that every structure, every object, everything you ever touch could crumble and tear at your touch.
Imagine that everyone, every stranger on the street, every coworker, every friend, every loved one, and every pet you’ve ever seen you could kill effortlessly.
You could kill them all accidentally.
You could kill them with the slightest touch.
You could kill them with a glance.
You could kill them all if you for one moment lost the slightest bit of control.
Imagine that you care.
So you control.
Even when you “fight” enemies that are “strong” you have to control yourself.
Every moment of every day, you restrain, restrict, and control yourself.
Never for one second can you give in to emotion, passion, or impulse.
Never for one moment can you truly relax and let go.
This is your life.
This is power.
>>
>>46709675
You don't need any powers to be a mary sue. It's fine as long as the plot is sucking your character's dick.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.