[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stranded with an enemy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4
File: 1460404938923.png (153 KB, 640x522) Image search: [Google]
1460404938923.png
153 KB, 640x522
So assassins attacked the group, my character tackled one out a window and together landed in a river outside and got washed a ways down, actually outside the city.

He's now separated from the group by a good amount, but has the assassin pretty well subdued. I'm wondering what I should do with her, since I'm not really sure where to find the group and even if I did it would take a good while to meet up with them again. All the while whatever I choose to do, I've got a dangerous enemy as a prisoner for as long as I can hold onto her, no rope but strong enough to keep her from getting away. I get the feeling though that going back into the city will be hard if she wants to just start kicking and screaming or something like that.

So I guess, what would you do in this situation? I've never really been separated from a party to this extent, and never managed to take a prisoner this high-priority. I'm kind of at a loss on how to proceed and figured some insight from other people would be helpful.

>Pic unrelated probably
>>
File: doublepay.jpg (93 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
doublepay.jpg
93 KB, 600x300
>>46708990
Chances are, she probably wants to reunite with her group as well, so I'd personally offer her a temporary ceasefire until you guys are able to find your pals.

Alternatively, try to figure out how much she was going to get paid and try to outbid her boss.
>>
>>46709111
The problem I think is she can't exactly go to the big guy at the top without success, so wants to get away in order to try to kill or capture us again. The other assassins were strangers so it's not as easy as just meeting up with her buddies again. As for compensation she's not really being paid for it, it's an effort to clear out the city of possible dangers to the big guy's hostile takeover, and an effort to be noticed by him in the hopes of being properly employed or something to that end.

Ceasefire idea sounds good but I don't think I can trust her so I can imagine her taking the chance to just run away the first chance she got, or even trying to kill me. Or like trying to cause a scene like I said before, and attract other potential killers or just the negative attention of normal citizenry.
>>
>>46709274
So, what kind of character are you playing exactly? I could honestly see several ways of doing this.

>Remind her that she already tried to kill you once, and point out how badly she failed.
>Point out that BBEG is at minimum on par with your party and could most likely kill her if she returns a failure.
>Point out that most likely, actually trying to finish the job will result in her death.
>Mention that cooperation could potentially net her a chance of survival.
>Mention off hand a village on the other side of kingdom that BBEG is ignoring because it's in the boonies. A good place where she could hide or start new.
>Once she starts internally debating what to do, occasionally drop anicdotes about horrible things BBEG did and good things your group have done.
>Eventually win her over.
>???
>Profit?

Of course, I'm currently playing a Bard, so my like of thinking might be biased.
>>
>>46709416
I'm playing an older former pirate. Well older than the rest of the party and older for a pirate, but not yet 30. They're mostly younger and hotblooded, kick in the door types or *teleports behind* types, my guy is more seasoned and wiser after near 10 years of piracy.

That's a pretty good/helpful line conversation to follow to try to get her to cooperate, but some small problems arise,

>The assassins did pretty well actually, it was a fight we were set to lose (and the party might have lost, not sure now that I'm separate), and she only failed in that she got taken out of the fight
>The BBEG is vastly stronger than us, we're supposed to be doing things to weaken him overtime, both directly and indirectly but current he's basically full strength
>I'm pretty sure if she got away and got the chance to reequip and prepare, she could kill my dude especially on his own, and if she also gets help
>The BBEG is pretty specific and contained to the city, but it is her home city so she probably won't want to leave, and at worst can just fade into the citizenry again
>She's completely fine with what the BBEG is doing and wants to see him succeed since she feels it will make the city a better place

Also my charisma/persuasion/etc is just not that great to be able to convince her to do something like join us or leave us alone. I can keep her a prisoner indefinitely as the current situation is, and can probably get her to at least cooperate or be not-hostile, but I think changing her mind is probably off the table.
>>
>>46709641
So, how do you feel about switching sides and playing the other side of the fence, or at least pretending to? If all that is the case, keeping her contained wont do you any good if you have no way of getting a hold of your group, assuming they are even alive at the moment.
>>
>>46709757
Ah that's pretty clever, so act (or actually) like she convinced me to the baddies side instead? Yeah I could do that, especially if the rest of the party are all murdered.

I guess the only problem with it is that for her at least it's less a specific mission from the BBEG himself to bring him our heads, and more "Self-motivated cleanup the city of opposition so that the BBEG can more easily and certainly dominate the city." So if I played it like she convinced my guy, it wouldn't be as much a thing where I join her and return to some group of assassins, rather than just going back to town with her and going around looking for threats like our party to take down and hope to get noticed by the BBEG.

The way I saw it, as long as I held onto her I can determine what happens but if she gets away, then she can determine what happens (likely my guy's death or capture). Even if I were to go along with her, there's even some small worry that she'd just turn on my guy when the time is right and pass him off as a problem person for her own personal gain, despite my dude acting as a convert/ally.
>>
One bump for any other suggestions. DM is currently going over whatever is happening with the other party, so got a little time to decide what next to do.
>>
>>46710945
Just knock her out and run as fast as you can.
>>
>>46710945
Just kill her while she's restrained. No half measures.
>>
>>46711174
Fair point, should I risk going back into town to look for the party though?

>>46711218
I'd probably have to strangle her or find a rock to beat her with since we don't have weapons. So you don't think she has any further benefit or possible use?
>>
>>46711244
Not first guy who said kill her, different anon Here. I don't know I haven't heard to much about potential value reading through this thread, but I've read a lot of reasons keeping her around is a problem, and can come back to bite you in the ass. If you wwre like a pally or something we would have to capture, cause lawful stupid, but your a pirate. Kill her and save your own skin. Besides if the big bad is that big, and she's just one of a group sent to assassinate you, odds are she doesn't know anything useful anyway, and she is not good as like a hostage or bargaining chip either.
>>
>>46711244
Doesnt sound like you can use her as a mole, contact or ally so yeah.

Sry qt assassin grill.
>>
>>46711244
Just strangle her or kick her head in then. The potential usefulness is not worth the risk of letting her go
>>
>>46711244
Killing her sounds time consuming, if time is short on you in this situation and can't find anything to help you deal with her, i'd say knock her out cold and run away
>>
Literally the only reason I can think not ro kill her and ditch the body in the river is if you wanted to try and give her the dick, and that would be daft. Your the older experienced pirate, your smart and streetwise enough to know you'd have an easier time with a tavern wench instead of the cut that tried to kill you and your mates.
>>
>>46711446
If you are not in a hurry, then sure, strangle that bitch
>>
>>46711446
>Killing her sounds time consuming

Why? Subdue her and cave her skull in

Would take less than 5 minutes
>>
>>46711446
Knock her out then strangle her then, or knock her out and hold her head under the water. If the problem is strangling takes time and knocking her out is quick, just do the quick one first to make it easier to do the long one.
>>
>>46711329
Well if the party was murdered I had half a mind to carry her off down the road and find some other place beyond the current reach of the BBEG to continue on from there. She's an adventurer as well, so she might have been worth money to ransom or pressed to work.

>>46711320
>>46711414
>>46711446

Righto, gonna go ahead and try killing her when the DM gets back.
>>
>>46708990

It depends. In all honesty, I would cut her throat or strangle her in her sleep to be pragmatic. Alternatively, you could do the "Can love bloom on the battlefield?" thing.
>>
>>46711571
Well I mean I could dick her, and the DM said I'm basically in a position to do whatever I want with her, given we're currently pretty isolated.

I'm just not sure if that would... I dunno, make sense in context? We fell in the river and nearly drowned getting washed out to the coast (I actually saved her from drowning when we drained into a cistern), spent the night keeping her restrained, and then the first thing to do come morning before setting out after breakfast is to rape her?

My dude's no angel but more than morality or alignment, it doesn't seem like something your average guy would do, even in this position over her.
>>
File: MagiRealm.png (412 KB, 478x547) Image search: [Google]
MagiRealm.png
412 KB, 478x547
>>46711668
Sounds magical realm to me, tread carefully.
>>
>>46711668
wait you saved her from drowning? alright, that changes things a bit. maybe you can talk her round if you really wanted to, i mean you already put some effort in, might as well try and get something out of it instead of just killing her. which begs the question why didn't you just allow her to drown?
>>
Well shit, wasn't able to sneakily get a hit on her because my dude is holding onto her (pretty much been having to hold or keep her restrained the whole time since washing up, at this moment had her slung over his shoulder), and she figured out what he was up to and we had a scuffle. Ended up just barely restraining her again on the ground and she begged my guy not to kill her and said she could give him loot she had from adventuring. DM's gone back to the rest of the party to give me a chance to figure out what I want to do.

Probably still kill her I guess...

>>46711934
I saved her from drowning because I felt like it was in my guy's character to have a bad feeling and experience about drowning (seafaring background, having seen friends drown and nearly done so himself), so even if she was going to die anyway, not badly like that.

Well if nothing else she's currently cooperative in the face of death.
>>
>>46708990

Mindrape with continuous and consecutive uses of Suggestion, Dominate and Modify Memory.
>>
>>46712049
Saving her from drowning was a mistake, now you have a problem on your hands.

Also don't fucking rape her dude what the fuck.
>>
>>46712049
well i dont know your dm, but if this was mine, this has all the flags of one of his moral guilt trips. Do the "moral" thing, and the dm may reward you handsomely. Alternatively if you go against his wishes, he may dick you over for a few weeks
>>
>>46712089
Shit man I'm just a fighter. Maybe if I met up with the party again one of the spellcasters could do that.

>>46712136
Well I felt bad about leaving her to drown, so it was my mistake. And I'm not going to rape her, was just responding to what another poster said, I'm technically able to do whatever I want with her though that can just as easily be forcing her to build a sandcastle rather than rape.

>>46712153
Well I did ask him if it was one of those situations where a DM is like "Are you sure you want to do this?", and said I would almost certainly get away with something like killing her given the state of the city and that she and I are currently pretty removed from anyone else to notice or find us.

So it feels to me like just an honest question, if I want to go ahead and actually kill her, or consider the alternative now that she's more cooperative. I think, given that he seemed pretty surprised when he came back and I said I was just going to kill her. He said that was completely reasonable, just unexpected.
>>
>>46712262
>boo hoo I have no rope

Any cloth will be enough to tie someone's hands, even if you cut it out of someone's wearings. Do it and try to talk to her, and see the DM's reaction. She'll probably try to make the most out of the situation, so even if you can't convince her to change sides, you can get some neat loot.
>>
>>46712262

Just a fighter? Well, I don't know, stab her until she dies and ditch the corpse. Do you need anything from her? If you need to keep her contained until she can be interrogated or whatever and she's uncooperative, a mailed fist to the face will pacify her and you'll easily carry her with you, right? Don't make the mistake of trusting her.
>>
>>46712312
just don't cut the cloth to tie her up with from her clothes, or she might freak out and think your going for the rape option. do either of you have cloaks or something? if not just use your shirt.
>>
>>46712262
Eh, a couple of question wouldn't hurt, see what kind of info can you get from her
>>
>>46712312
I'm willing to bet she has escape artist being a rogue, but the problem is less the lack of rope and more needing to keep her within grabbing distance since she has a greater movement speed than me, so if she slips her bonds or even just has full use of her legs and gets too far from me I won't be able to catch her. Thus far I'd been holding her out of worry towards escape artist, and as grapple here being better than my ability to tie her, except for when we slept and I basically shoved her in my jacket while still wearing it. I could use either of our clothes to tie her up, I just don't want to have to rely on that to keep her from running.

I can talk to her while physically restraining her though, at least for now.

>>46712324
I was pretty set on not trusting her, but we both lost nearly all our equipment from the river trip. Our clothes and anything held in them is all we've got, which isn't much.

>>46712509
No knife to cut with anyway. She lost her outerwear but my guy still has his jacket.

>>46712511
Alright I guess it's worth a try. I've got some questions in mind but anything could suggest extra? I have to make good use of the little time I get, since the DM is split us up into two rooms and is having to handle the rest of the group separately.
>>
>>46712262
Make her build a sandcastle
>>
>>46712634

Alright

ask her how they found you

ask her where they were going to go to get paid, assuming it was a pay after competion of task.

ask her who specifically hired her and where you can find him (it would have been one of the bbeg's minions, and assuming you all make it out alive and can get to the hireling, he might have valuable information)
>>
>>46712634
She's an assassin, no strangers of using dirty tactics to save themselfes, ask her why letting her go alive is better than killing her and not risk anything, maybe she'll get scared and give out something important out of panic, like some secret way, some hidden weapon, or the BBEG weakness.

If you think she's lying or don't think the answer is good enough... well, you gave her a chance.
>>
>>46712634

Well you can't trust her, can't keep an eye on her all the time and she's your enemy, so just bash her skull with a rock and be done with it.
>>
>>46712732

The look on your dm's face while he tries to figure out what the hell your doing.
>>
>>46712732
Aight, told her I wanted her to keep her hands busy where I could see them during the exchange by building a sandcastle. She reacted confused but did it.

>>46712943
As I guessed, they found us because the bard went around asking about the BBEG and talking about how we'd beaten some of his footsoldiers. So they just followed us after that and attacked when they did.

No payment for us, they were looking to capture or kill us and take us to one of the BBEGs lieutenants hoping for employ. By that end, they were not strictly employed, as much as when the BBEG made his initial big move and declared to the city how things were, they were on board with the idea. The lieutenant in question apparently let on that anyone who proved their worth would be rewarded well, since the BBEG was looking for people actually from the city to help him take over and govern it and wanted that kind of internal assistance since he and his force are foreign.

Also found out about the climate of the city, and that there are many groups of resistance against the BBEG, and some other neat info as well as of course the most appealing, that she supposedly has a pretty decent nest egg from adventuring and would part with it for her life. I asked how she expects to exchange it, she said I could stay at her place for awhile till it was safe to leave (and during which time I could try to find the party) and then if I agreed to just leave and not come back I could take the treasure and go freely.

She also kept trying to convince me to team up with her if I was interested in siding with the BBEGs idea, and even suggested finding the party to turn them in, which would net us a fast track performance to the BBEG.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-16-15-11-31.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-16-15-11-31.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>46713343
Yes!
>>
>>46713343
OK next tell her to put her shoe on her head
>>
>>46712945
She made a case that if I was willing to just forget the city, and let her go, we could go our separate ways and she wouldn't come after me and act like I'd died or something. Threatened her like you said with the safe choice being killing her, and she divulged knowing secret ways about the city under the assumption of getting in to get her money and then me leaving the same way. I think she also meant she knows ways to get at the BBEG personally, but she panicked when I tried to press that and started crying and pleading again.

One thing seems to check out though, that she doesn't personally know the BBEG, at most just saw him at the public appearance, and only met the lieutenant the once to ask about the BBEGs stance.

>>46713069
Well if nothing else I can most definitely keep an eye on her all the time, have been doing so quite well so far, down to keeping her restrained while sleeping.

You're probably right and just killing her is best, but forgetting everything related to the city even, ransoming her could at least net some small profit since I can pretty safely just carry her off to a next town or even inn along the way, beyond the BBEGs reach, and get the ransom money from someone else back in town. Or even heading farther and selling her or finding some profitable use for her, a level 6-7 rogue is probably worth something in some way.

>>46713234
He asked where I was going with it and then burst out laughing.
>>
This isn't pirate speak but it popped into my head

"WELL LASSIE I CANNAE TRUST YE BUT DINNAE WAN TA KILL YE SO AHLL HAF TE BASH YE OVAER THE EAD WITH A ROCK UNTIL YER LOIGHTS ER OUT. GOOD LUCK TO YE WHEN YE WAKE UP"
>>
>>46713417
Ha, she only had one shoe left and I told her to put it on her head which she did pretty distressed, but it fell off when she went to groveling and crying in my guy's lap. DM wtf'd out before heading back to the rest of the party.

Now got another short while till he returns, to figure out what to do next. I wonder how much he'll let me keep messing with her, though to be fair he has no way to stop it.

>>46713741
Probably don't even need a rock, could just clock her one, or put her in a sleeper hold. Or bury her in the sand to her neck I just realized, that would be funny.
>>
>>46713882
>>Probably don't even need a rock, could just clock her one, or put her in a sleeper hold. Or bury her in the sand to her neck I just realized, that would be funny.
Well the point was to be that she wakes up from being out and you're gone and she's alive, and regardless of a headache she feels like you were merciful enough to not kill her but not so stupid as to take an assassin with an escape skill with you
>>
>>46713577

>actually did the stupid crap we put up as jokes

your great m8, never change.
>>
OK now that we've had or fun. Clock her, wrap her in your coat, and skeedaddle.
>>
>>46713912
Hey I can keep her slung over my shoulder as long as I need to. As for burying in the sand, can still knock her out after burying.

>>46713939
Hey I appreciate the help so far, it's a small favor to return and the DM is kind of getting a kick out of it. He did ask if I was turning footfag on him though when I told her to take off her shoe.
>>
>>46714031
OH SHIT where to then?
>>
Did you ever get her name?
Ask for hers then tell her yours.
>>
>>46714066
Upriver towards the town
>>
>>46714067
Do this.
>>
>>46714044

>gone footfag
> begins loosening ties on pants while saying "not take my cock and put it between your toes"
>looks like shes going for it, then she stomps on your nads and runs/kills you while you writhe on the ground in pain.

this is what i would do as gm if my pc went foot-fag on me in this situation.

just image what your dm will say if you try to bury her, there are so many fucked up fetishes that could lead too.
>>
>>46714067
Told her my name, her name is Marigold so I'm calling her Mari.

>>46714089
Well we fell into the river but drained into a cistern which drained out to the coast, so there's no river to follow per se. I assume you mean head back to the city though so I slung her over my shoulder again and en route. Found a trail from the coast and can see a house or something akin nearby, before the DM left. Got to think of how to enter into the city though without looking suspicious with a woman on my shoulder, or if she tries to raise a scene.

>>46714153
That seems a pretty fair reaction.
>>
>>46714516

that is a legitimate problem. if it wasnt a betrayal of trust id say knock her out and then carry her bridal style. if anyone stops you say your looking for medical treatment for you companion who fell and hit her head on the road. but since she would probably object to you knocking her out...i dont know go through the seemy side of town where no one gives a fuck? i don't know, i'm not used to taking hostages.
>>
Dude just give her your coat and let her be on her way. Carrying her is super suspicious.
>>
>>46714672

but anon, if we let her go we get none of the stuffs, and she could come back latter to kill us, or warn people bout us.

aha, wrap her in coat, and then carry bridal style. Say you survived a shipwreck, she lost her clothes and is injured. hold on to the coat wrapped around her and use it to restrain her and keep her from freaking out physically. cant do do much bout her screaming though. yeah actually this is a terrible idea.

good luck op, your going to need it.
>>
>>46714586
Yeah it's kind of difficult since I'm a stranger to the city anyway. I guess I could ask her the best way in, but again, can't really trust her.

>>46714672
Let her go and part with nothing? No money or loot, and abandon the party? I could abandon them for treasure, and with the funds find a better way of finding them again, and be better prepared. I agree it's a weird situation to be in, but if I want to avoid that and the city, I could at least get some money off of her.

If I do just call it quits and cut my losses though, I might as well make a new character.
>>
>>46714837
So let's recap
You're a stranger in the city
She's a local

You're carrying her
She's probably not going to be quiet

She more than likely is leading you into a trap or to the jail cell your party is in

You left behind an awesome sandcastle
>>
>>46714516

yeah its going to be suspicious as fuck, but maybe if you have her walk beside you, or carry her some other way besides over your shoulder it might not be as bad. Female shoulder candy is pretty indicative of captive, and can have some sexual connotations. i'd say talk it out with her, and come to some kind of agreement, but then you might just be giving the dm ideas when he had no intention to have her freak out in the first place.
>>
Dude you can't win. Fly you fool
>>
>>46714932

well since he said that might as well be a re-roll (though i don't know that i agree with this, he could just get away without any treasure, and live to fight again another day), he might as well try and make it work.

alternatively he could make her tell him everything he needs to find the nest egg and what not, then knock her out and go to collect it before she comes to, and then make his escape.
>>
>>46714819
Good story and would work for our appearance but you're right, no easy way to guarantee her being quiet.

>>46714893
Hey, nothing's stopping me from just heading in the other direction to find some far off patch of beach and make her build sandcastles all day.

>>46714901
Yeah worth a shot, don't have to carry her over my shoulder, it just allows for the use of two hands. Plus it just led to a weird situation with some fishermen. Walking beside maybe work, or carrying her in both arms, will converse about it next chance.

>>46714984
It's not that leaving would be a re-roll, it's that leaving as my guy is right now, with none of the party, in an unfamiliar place, with no equipment or money, and by letting her go no way to make any back, as well as on top of that she could just come back later to find and kill my guy? *That* to me is a re-roll.

I certainly don't have to go back into the city with her and right possibly into the wolves den, she has inherent value, but letting her go is letting go my current lifeline to any money and means to safely find the party again.
>>
>>46715112

true, you have no way back to the party, and realistically finding them again would be very difficult, but there is always dm ex machina. I mean is your dm the guy who would make you work for it? or is he the guy who'd just be like "you see them in the market"?. you also have to consider that your party is probably looking for you, assuming they aren't all dead or captured.
>>
WELL SHIT, wasn't able to sneak into town the way our party came in. Managed to cooperate enough with her to walk side by side and keep an arm around her to restrain her, DM allowed the walking travel to be fast forwarded a couple hours to where we reached the city. Made it through the entrance but didn't know what the assassins looked like since they'd been wearing face covering when they attacked the party. Well I think they had someone, maybe some kids to watch the main roads in because we didn't pass more than a couple streets in before a guy showed up recognizing Mari. I realized though he had the paladin's sword and subdued her when he went to use it so that I could jump the guy. Managed to shove him down a flight of stairs, grab her again and make a break for it but got injured on the way out of the city.

Currently with some setting equivalent gypsies outside the city laying low. Fortunately Mari performed first aid since without me she's be screwed with this lot, but it's quite the pickle.

>>46715271
He's the sort to make me or them work for it, hell he's put us in separate rooms so there's no knowing even out of character what's going on with either of us, and I found out he put another player in the living room a little bit ago.

Given the paladin's sword on one of the (I'm guessing) assassins though, it doesn't look good.
>>
>Skilled assassin performed first aid
Roll poison resistance...
>>
>>46716083

well crap. who was the player in the living room in your party? it could help to determine whats going on.
>>
>>46716083
hey, while it wasnt perfect, at this point your still alive, and now you can work with the gypsies to get in. promise them a cut of the treasure and have them smuggle you in in there wagons.
>>
>>46716314
Oh shit. Though again, if she doesn't have me the not gypsies have a bone to pick with her.

>>46716489
She's the bard, or perhaps was the bard. It could be that she was captured as well, but the fact that the DM separated her like me, makes me think she is also separated from the party.

>>46716523
Oh let me tell you something, they aren't allowed into the city. They're nothing but pickpockets and skooma dealers, if you catch my meaning. If anyone is willing to bargain though, it's them but currently neither my character nor Mari have anything. We're lucky I was able to force our way in, and that they are even letting us stay, promising them treasure at some later date won't get us far.
>>
>>46716611

hmmm, darn. still if the not!gypsies are forbidden to enter the city, they probably know some secret ways in. i'd be willing to bet if they are a criminal element they know ways in, and do business in the city. maybe not, i mean this is a magical world, but irl i'd put money on it.

alright, based on the fact that he had the paladins sword and the bard is the one seperated from the party there are two things i can see going down. one they were all captured and the bard was taken away from the rest of the group for reasons. two, the bard is the only one who manged to escape, and the rest are captured. i could be wrong of course, but those make the most sense to me.
>>
>>46716611
work on continuing to bond with her over shared adversity, be really nice, point out that you saved her from the cistern, and you saved her from the gypsies begin working on developing a full out stockholm syndrome!rougue
>>
guess op must be with the gm right now. wonder what will have happened when he gets back.
>>
>>46717330
RIP
>>
WEEELL SHIIIEEET, the not gypsies turned on us, knew I shouldn't have stopped with them for longer than I had to. Got separated from Mari as well for a bit but saved her from some of them before making another escape. Apparently they sold my character out to the BBEG temporary authorities, seemingly in exchange for Mari, since she'd stolen from them or taken hostile actions against them in the past.

Either way I've been getting lucky, but don't want to push it much more. Pulled farther away from the city until my guy is healed better and can figure a more solid plan given what little info I know of the party. Plus as before Mari still claims to know a couple ways in outside of easy notice.

>>46716806
For what purpose? Not saying it's a bad idea, just curious what the endgame is with that since she's an NPC.

>>46717330
We stopped for food, and I got a turn before and after.
>>
>>46717703

well the endgame is that she is less inclined to shank you when all is said and done. i mean there is no reason not to try and get the npc not to want you dead. whether or not you'll succeed i don't know, but i figure it cant hurt. i'm not saying you should magical realm that shit.

on that note, you've saved her from the gypsies and the bbeg has demonstrated his willingness to give her over to die, you can do this, reverse corrupt her to good.
>>
Well it seems you manage to turn her after all.
Since she is on the wrong list of the BBEG you can now convince her that selling you out is no longer an option to save herself and that her chances (for survival and profit) are much higher if your group wins.
Get her to tell you where her coworkers might have moved any captives and go to free them.
>>
>>46717851
That's a fair point, but it's also gonna feel worse to take her savings.

On the note of the BBEG though, to my understanding it's not him personally calling these low level shots like dealing with the not gypsies, but rather his footsoldiers. The BBEG has bigger problems to occupy himself with, like the remains of the council that used to govern the city.

>>46717872
I'm not sure how turned she is, she's still expressed an intent to run away back to the city and pick up where she left off, and I'm still having to restrain her from doing so. She's just less intent on killing me specifically.

Also as before, they weren't really coworkers, so much as just adventurers in the city who supported the BBEGs efforts, and quickly joined together to attack us. Chances are they took any captured/living party members to that same lieutenant they talked to before.
>>
>46718107
who then either killed them on the spot (the smart, but, from a story telling perspective, anticlimactic move), or tossed them in the dungeon. Which is where she might know a secret way into.

How about a leap of faith? Have her take you captive and bring you in. Best case: you can free your friends and she becomes your mole. She might be the type of character willing to double tripplecross everyone. Worst case: you are dead. Ok it is not a smart plan.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.