[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Modern General : Ban edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Image (2).jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
31 KB, 223x310
Ok,so why is this shit still legal ?
It makes T1 decks T1,i mean affinity and infect without it would just be good,not broken.
It is a freaking uncounterable ,colorless win condition. Where is justice ?
>>
also infect and burn are for kids
>>
If it's so over-powered, why don't you just play it? Take it to the top.
>>
because i only play mono control decks
>>
>>46706494
>i only play mono control decks
>modern

Well, you're in the wrong format, dude.
>>
I'm a new player, just getting into the game.

It's fucking intimidating, there's just so much stuff.

Should I be starting by making a mono-colour deck then slowly branching into mixing them, or should I just begin with a multi-colour deck?

Trying to build a deck when I don't really know which cards are available is difficult.
>>
>>46706590
start simple,try beating your meta.
I am playing on a strict budget so i play mono colored decks because duals and fetches cost triple the rest of the deck
>>
>>46706494
But why do you only play that? You have to be aware control is shit in Modern.
>>
>>46706509
Thopter Combo going into Tezzeret control is actually pretty controlly.
>>
>>46706680
the best decks are not intresting enough or have too much colors to be affordable for me
>>
>>46706220
Ok, this OP blow. New modern thread?
>>
>>46706220
Piss easy to remove.

Just don't be a retard about it.
>>
>>46706220
More like modern thread: bait edition
>>
>>46706590
Multi-color is stronger but requires significantly more investment. The land base is typically your most expensive part of the deck.

Some decent mono-colored decks, talking T2/T3 FNM level, would be Soul Sisters, Mono-Green Infect, Green Stompy, and Burn.

A decent two color deck that is cheap to try would be Black/White Tokens, which has a control aspect to it.
>>
>>46706710
>not playing time sieve with thopter sword for infinite turns
>>
File: AncestralVision.jpg (42 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
AncestralVision.jpg
42 KB, 223x311
Has pic related been proven yet?
It's price has settled at 40/50

How's testing been going?
>>
>>46706220
We just need wasteland.
>>
>>46706220
>>46706299
This OP and everyone who agrees with him is a complete and total faggot.
>>
New player again:

Is there like, the opposite to a burn deck? Like, concerned entirely with gaining life?
>>
>>46707918
the price is insane,i know its rare and its old,but its NOT THE BEST DRAW SPELL for every decks,there is like 10 decks that can easily win on turn 3
>>
>>46706590
You should stay the fuck away from Modern.

If you really want to do some organized play, play Limited. It gives you a feel for deckbuilding , playing and gauging card quality.

Dabble a bit in Standard. You don't need high tier decks to play at FNM, just look up budget decks and dick around with those.

Then, once you are settled in, see if there's a Legacy community around. If there is, consider working your way towards Legacy. If you want top tier decks, Legacy will be cheaper after playing two or three years.

If there's no Legacy community, then you're fucked.

Don't start modern. It's the gutted, cancer-ridden little brother of Legacy. It had potential, but WoTC strangled it in the crib and gave its corpse to SCG to fuck in the ass.
>>
>>46707997
Soul Sisters does that. It beats Burn and only Burn. It loses to quite literally everything else it plays against. It might have a marginal match up against Ad Nauseum, but they'll usually combo out and kill you before you get too high on life.
>>
My local store is doing Modern in two weeks. I am a total scrub so I am not gonna net deck or anything that'll actually give me a chance to win. I'm one of those faggots that says he's just there to have fun
I can't decide what to play/work on. I have four decks in mind.
U/B Prowl Rogues. This is just a Lorwyn Block deck that I still have lying around, last time I played it in a modern event I got top 8 against actual decks because they had no idea what they were facing.
R/G Pauper Werewolves. An Innistrad deck I have lying around I intend to add some of the new werewolves and swap out Pit Fight for Moonlight Hunt, stuff like that.
Sanity Grinding/Hybrid Cards. this deck will cost me money tracking down cards for it but it seems pretty straight forward.
Sin Prodder. This deck will also cost me I need 3 more Sin Prodders but then I will put Split Cards in, they will do large damage if the make me discard them but they will be cheap spells if I play them.
>>
>>46706220

Ghost quarter is a thing, and not that expensive. Affinity runs one basic land generally. Surgical extraction out of the side to strip all 4 out after you GC if you're that worried about it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.