[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These Guys are the incarnation of "Implementation is more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
These Guys are the incarnation of "Implementation is more important than original ideas."
>>
>>46697573
Some background for those of us who aren't up-to-date on all the latest vidya?
>>
>>46697573
Yeah, it's a good game. Did you have anything you wanted to talk about?
>>
>>46697670

That's Lothric and Lorian, collectively one of the main Dark Souls 3 bosses. Basically, they're two princely brothers who were sacrificed to maintain the integrity of the world, now risen from death for the purpose of doing the same thing again. Only they've fled their duty, and the player character has to hunt them down.

Lothric was/is a sickly child, and was bedridden his whole life, while his brother Lorian was a proud and glorious knight, but damaged in mind to the point where he lost his voice and the use of his legs. The second phase of the boss battle has the two of them fighting the player together, Lothric draped over Lorian's shoulders, casting spells while his brother attacks with his giant flaming sword.

It's pretty cool.
>>
>>46698246
Whoa, that idea is incredible.
>>
>>46698308

The fight is pretty incredible, too. Spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrV41Whre8s
>>
why are you posting this here on /tg/? This should be safe place away from /v/ spoilers. The game hasn't been out for a week yet.

whine whine cry cry baw baw etc
>>
>>46698363
>Twincest: The Boss.
>>
>>46698246

Sounds like Cameron and Raistlin from Dragonlance, to a certain degree. Not the sacrifice thing, though.
>>
>>46698483
A bit more extreme than Caramon/Raist but yeah.

>>46698476
If you don't want something spoiled for you, 4chan is the absolute last place you should be.
>>
>>46698476
No board is safe from Soulswank.
>>
>>46698246
I don't know about that man, some of the dialogue and items in the game seem to imply they never actually stepped into the flame, they fled their duty before burning and that's why the events of the game play out
>>
>>46698483

The thing is that while the Prince is a cripple, he TELEPORTS AROUND THE ROOM. Fucking hell.

I mean, he literally vanishes mid-swing then appears behind you to fuck you up.
>>
>>46697573
Best quote of the game:
Oh, dear... another dogged contender
>>
Originality opens up new possibilities, good implementation makes a good game. Originality is scarcer and leads to something, and is therefore more important, but having fun is also important.
>>
>>46698476
>whine whine cry cry baw baw etc
Beat me to it. Still though, OP, if you'd just included the name of the game in the OP it could be filtered for those who don't want the game spoiled. Easy thing to not think of, not hating, just saying.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.