[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meanwhile, on bizarro /tg/...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: square.jpg (83 KB, 490x358) Image search: [Google]
square.jpg
83 KB, 490x358
Meanwhile, on bizarro /tg/...
>>
>>46697040
Me no am tell you to unkindly fuck off
>>
>>46697040
So I just came back from my weekly game of FATAL.
Some goody-two-shoes told me that it was a terrible system and he hopes we stop playing because of how broken it is.
This Guys, am I right?
>>
I hate /co/ and tumblr. /pol/ is a good board.
>>
I really like the new Age of Sigmar game. Not only are models fantastic (especially at that price) but the rules are so well tuned. They really have a lot of depth that you need to play for months to even begin to appreciate
>>
>>46697202
I hate /pol/, and I like /co/ and tumblr, but I respect your opinion as well.
>>
>>46697040
When the fuck are they going to fix Space Marines? We haven't had new models in 20 years!!!
>>
>>46697040
I enjoyed my game today, and have no complaints.
>>
I'm about to start a /ponyfinder/ thread to discuss whether unicorn wizards are OP while traveling through the sea-pony's realms.
>>
Is your guy's Nobilis campaign going as well as mine? Why am I even asking.
>>
>>46697040
Quests are the best thing to ever happen to this board, as are CYOAs, and I hope they never go away.
>>
>>46697040
Mtg is a shameless ripoff of Force of Will that caters to "muh fantasy" fans. Fuck off, if you want that non-weeb shit go play a good rpg like DnD 3.5, 4e, or Pathfinder.
>>
/tg/ makes the best homebrew and I enjoy coming here every day to read about them.
>>
>>46697199
I hope you mercilessly punished and humiliated him instead of talking to him like a reasonable adult.
>>
Why are Wizards such complete shit?

>be playing wizard
>cast my best spell at full power
>barely scratches one of the BBEG's mooks
>monk's turn
>he does some Jojo shit and appears everywhere at once to punch everything a hundred times
>BBEG is killed and his entire army destroyed in a single turn

I don't know why I even play Monk Edition anymore.
>>
>>46697340
At least you're not playing a Druid.
They literally can't do anything well.
>>
>>46697274
>unicorns
>fighting shoo-be-doo's
in a sea-based game you really wanna stick with earth ponies for that bonus to cannon usage
>>
My polio has been bothering me lately but I'm glad I can spend the rest of my short life with sane normal-minded players. With the ban on vaccines the gaming community has really improved.
>>
>>46697040
So how does GW keep their prices so low? Chinese slave labor? Tax evasion?
>>
>>46697040
I found so many nice people to play my favorite systems with in the gamefinder thread! It's always handy for meeting fun new people who are interested in roleplaying!
>>
Man, it's so hard to believe Virt wrote the entire revision for Dungeons the Dragoning himself, in under a week, no less.

I'm so glad we have dedicated posters like him who frequent this board.
>>
>>46697202
He said bizzaro
>>
I haven't been able to attend my weekly D&D 4e game for three weeks running due to real-life obligations, such as my beautiful girlfriend, loving family and wide social circle. Does this make me a bad person?
>>
>>46697040
Elves are gross. Why would even other elves fuck them?
>>
>>46697040
DnD 3.X doesn't make me want to tear me teeth out!
>>
>>46697780
Yes. You left your bros hangin'
>>
File: EN_Jace_8_Gallery.jpg (619 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
EN_Jace_8_Gallery.jpg
619 KB, 1200x675
He's such a great character.
Why are his cards always so shit?
Why doesn't WotC put him in more stuff?
>>
anime is cancer
>>
>>46697327

of course, faggot. i wouldn't stoop so high as to treat him like my peer. that'd be NICE of me to do.
>>
People are nice
>>
File name threads are really clever. Too bad they're so rare
>>
ill, either through practice or because they are in a heightened state of arousal, there typically aren't large differences in their fastest responses, as your typical initiative system would suggest. Rather, skilled protagonists have their average speed decreased, because they make smaller numbers of very slow responses. Furthermore, the distribution of reaction times is typically not symmetrical but is pushed to the left, that is, towards the fast responses (see the figure).
>>
>>46697300
To expand on this, all the quests based on deep anime like Strike Witches and feature the hard hitting psychological exploration of sexual dysfunction and deviancy are simply amazing.
>>
>>46697340
Try playing Truenamer. The lore kind of sucks but I thought I could spin it as a kindly old man with an encyclopaedia of memory to help the party behind the scenes.
Accidentally ended up overshadowing the soulknife.
>>
>>46697935
anime isn't cancer
>>
>>46697681
They most likely teamed up with recasters and gave them a license, to simultaneously increase model quality and decrease expenses.
>>
Has anyone noticed that no one talks about GURPS on this board? I never see it mentioned anywhere
>>
>>46699111
It's too shallow and simple, so it's not worth even mentioning. Might as well play freeform.
>>
File: 1335779551550.png (323 KB, 509x546) Image search: [Google]
1335779551550.png
323 KB, 509x546
>Imperium finally fell after all 13 black crusades were a success

I can't believe the setting is really over. It was bullshit, especially when Tzeench gave Abaddon all those extra arms.
>>
File: 2016-04-04-19-56-25--953615031.jpg (11 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-04-19-56-25--953615031.jpg
11 KB, 183x275
This Girl stories

>sshows up to table, sits on chair right ways up
>"hey anon I brought chips and beer and pop for everyone. Here's my character, I made it while trying really hard to follow your guidelines."
>wat.jpg
>in game
>enemy wants to kill innocent people in town in broad daylight
>This Girl doesn't want the team to murder innocents
>"My character really wouldn't stand for this sort of behaviour but if you're willing to role play a solution with me I think we could find a healthy compromise"
>KICKED.png
>mfw
>>
Saber a shit
>>
>>46697040
> I had such a great game today!
> my group is the best
Enough of this. Cant we have a 'that guy' thread for once? One with more then 6 posters?
>>
I wish we had more crossposters from great places like /pol/ or /tumblr/. They're always so reasonable and mature in how they discuss their ideas.
>>
>>46699352
I had this asshole at my table once who forgot to take off his shoes when he came inside. He thought apologizing made it all right. The police thought otherwise.
>>
The Tau are my favorite faction. I love how their units looks.

I can't believe people would like Space Marines. I mean, really? Power armor?
>>
>>46699220
Well with Games Workshop closing I don't know how the setting could continue, still can't believe it happened despite all the great changes and quality content they were putting out.
>>
Goodbye Dragonball /gt/ me no want people drawings. You am should put up nudey pictures.
>>
>>46699438
I wish there was more discussion about 40K. Really, 40K is the best setting, I like how it takes itself very seriously, everything else have to at least borrow something from there.
>>
>>46699511
Right!? And I'm glad no one roleplays as their faction on the forums. That would be obnoxious.

40k really is the best. We could use some more threads about it.
>>
/tg/, I'm having a problem with a player. He's definitely a "That Guy"

>cooks dinner for players and has good culinary skills
>athletic and hygienic
>roleplays characters that are three-dimensional
>supportive of other players and DM decisions
>enjoys playing fairly and is not a rules lawyer
>can help create stories and descriptive scenes
>have engaging conversations with him after sessions about life, friends, and family
>fun to be around with

How do I stop these kinds of people from attending my games?
>>
>>46699707
You kick them out of the group without explanation, obviously, and be passive-agressive after.
>>
>>46699707
Tell him to play an edgy weeaboo ninja like the rest of us or get out.
>>
Don't you guys just hate it when your GM specifically goes out of their way to avoid putting their fetish all up in the game.

What's up with that.
>>
Me and some girls were playing a nice game of RaHoWa when suddenly one of them pulls out a copy of GURPS and sais she wants to try it out. I told her to put that racist shit away. Jesus Christ /pol/ is everywhere these days.
>>
>play first game of DnD5e about a week ago
>game starts fine and everyone has a great time throughout several sessions all the way to the end
>nobody gets out of control and the game continues devoid of any form of drama
I'm really looking forward to my next game, I sure am glad I had this as my first experience with these types of games.
>>
>>46697278
Of course it is, we only ever play Nobilis though. One day I will run D&D, if only I can put a group together.

One day
>>
>>46697040
Dude, let's talk about D&D for once, please. We talk about WoD way too much, seriously.
>>
>>46697040
arn't elves the best
>>
File: deathofacyborg.png (444 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
deathofacyborg.png
444 KB, 500x432
>>46697278
>>
>>46697040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiFKS62wQAA
Hey guys, this video has nothing to do with this thread. Check it out.
>>
Man, I can't believe how great this board is. The moment you post about your homebrew game or setting you get dozens of posts with interesting, constructive feedback.
>>
What happened to Virt? I miss that guy
>>
>>46699511
>>46699617
It's a shame it's such an obscure game. I like historicals as much as the next guy/gal, but do we really need individual threads dedicated to every major period?
And what's with those kids arguing about which ancient Mediterranean general was the best? I see those threads so much, I wonder how they can keep talking about it!
Oh well, everyone is entitled to like the games they like, right?
>>
>>46697909
I know and Tibalt is still shiting on everyone.
>>
>>46704540
The best part about 40k threads is that everyone is helpful, supportive, and above all, knowledgeable of all subjects.
>>
>>46697040
man I'm so sad 40k was discontinued 10 years ago. The rules were so good back in 4th. Thankfully I found some space marines the other day for only a couple hundred dollars, hell of a lucky find that.

All we have now is this shitty Starship Troopers game that Andy Chambers made. At least the plastic movie MI look cool
>>
>>46699500
They got priced out of the market because they were too permissive with the license. People expected such high quality out of the official material and GW was basically just giving it away.
>>
>>46697736
some things are universal, unfortunately...

Anyways, isn't it great how people who play 3.0, 3.5, 4e, 5e, and Pathfinder are all able to sensibly agree to disagree about what systems they prefer, and get along with each other through shared enjoyment of fantasy TTRPGs without arguing like bitchy little children?
>>
File: berserk for kids.jpg (1 MB, 2983x1400) Image search: [Google]
berserk for kids.jpg
1 MB, 2983x1400
>>46700608
>>46700948
>There are people on this board who have never even heard of or played 3.5 D&D.

I mean I know it's really obscure and it's not a rules-lite story game like /tg/ loves, but c'mon guys, step it up.

I can barely get enough players on Roll20 for my Pathfinder game either. I know it was a huge departure from 3.5, but there hasn't been any sort of power creep even after all the new splats. At least all the people I get on Roll20 are extremely high-quality and have great social skills. Thank god they never drop the game without a word to anyone in the group. I just wish there were a few guys in my group. Seems like nothing but women in the tabletop community and I'm sick of clam bake campaigns.
>>
>>46699879
>/pol/ is everywhere nowadays
Maybe in real life, lol. It's practically a ghost board on here.
I'm just fucking sick of all the origami fetishists that keep bleeding into this board from /po/. I don't give a fuck about paper miniatures you annoying shits!
>>
>>46698986
>>46697935
It's an interesting debate, but is 4chan really the place to be talking about anime?
>>
File: image.jpg (531 KB, 2080x1672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
531 KB, 2080x1672
>>46707074
> Butmad detected
/po/ master race
>>
I love the choices WotC has made recently concerning the direction of MTG. I'm also glad they've upheld their promise of the Reserved List.
>>
Man, all these models from Games Workshop are really affordable! I could build a 5000 point list for sixty bucks.
>>
So I was willingly playing a cleric for my group because we needed the extra damage, thankfully we had a rogue who went healer for us.

The problem is I don't know if I should wear leather or cloth armor, since the heavy plate armors are too weak for me.

Oh and I was thinking of dual speccing into wizard because I heard wizard clerics deal tons of damage and we already have a druid sorcerer.

Oh and unrelated, who else can't wait for the sword art RTS tcg miniature game by blizzard entertainment
>>
The only jock that didn't bring his girlfriend to /tg/ night made it extremely comfortable to play around. I don't want that, how do I get rid of him?
>>
>>46697935
>He says while posting on an Anglosaxon social media site.
>>
Me tired of dwarf in every setting. They do same shit every world, they greedy miners that make decent tool. Elf much cooler. Elf live in tree and use bow. Much more practical than axe in cave. How fix dwarf?
>>
>>46709181
Agreed. It's still really cheap to get into any format, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with viable strategies being locked behind a third-party paywall. Also insider trading is a great way to keep these reputable businesses afloat. I'm really glad that they've managed to tack on a fun investment and stock market subgame onto the base game! After all, I would hate it if it was actually possible to trade cards in a tcg without obsessively googling to protect my assets.
>>
Thanks to everyone for participating in my Quest thread today
>>
I hate it when I go down to the local sports shop to play warhammer and some dickhole is using a prepainted army straight out of the box, I mean come on man games workshop uses so little paint it's basically watercolor ever heard of thickening your paints guys personally I won't play with a guy unless he paints it one color like grey or blue depending on your army..LIKE HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED.
>>
File: zG0i8uo.png (38 KB, 524x329) Image search: [Google]
zG0i8uo.png
38 KB, 524x329
>>
>>46697040
I have nothing but respect for women, transgendered people, and all races and religions.

I am legitimately interested in hearing and evaluating opinions that differ from my own.

I admit that I don't know everything and am willing to change my mind about opinions I have formed.
>>
File: Dontyoumeanbizzaro.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Dontyoumeanbizzaro.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
BIZZARO
>>
>>46714624
I want /pol/ to leave.
>>
>>46714624
Go back to /pol/
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.