[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: draenei family.jpg (280 KB, 627x721) Image search: [Google]
draenei family.jpg
280 KB, 627x721
Happy draenei family edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting. Have fun, don't go full autist, and keep your cool. This is not /v/ or /vg/. Keep your asspain to yourself.

old
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/46667346/warcraft-lore-and-rpg-discussion#bottom
>>
>The Scarlet Crusade is still going in Legion
>>
>>46696947
Yes, but they ask the horsemen if they want to do it.

The funniest thing is hearing the DKs be self righteous about the scarlet crusade.
>>
>>46697083
>Yes, but they ask the horsemen if they want to do it.
After raising them. They look like they're already undead at that point.

But yes, the thing with the Scarlet Crusade is objectively hilarious.
>>
>>46697165
see, the lore suggests that after the war with the DK was done, a lot of the Knights went back to the grave. Thats why you are rebuilding the order from the bottom up. Basically every character raised is the kind of guy who would love a second chance to defend azeroth or redeem themselves.
>>
>>46696735
Druids didn't attack each other in vanilla because it takes forever for them to kill each other, there's no point to do it.

Vanilla Druid vs holy Pal, D v D,holy Pal vs Holy Pal, are the longest, most annoying fights ever in WoW history
It can go on for DAYS (if the player switches to go to sleep) with no one coming on top.
Nobody have time for that, usually
>>
>>46697208
So, it's exactly what the Forsaken are doing.
>>
>>46697270
the forsaken are raising corpses so that their great leader sylvanas can keep on living forever.
Thassarian pretty much tells you that what the player is doing is downright despicable and the PC will always be hated.
>>46697254
The druid code was a neat concept.
>>
>>46697270
Not even a little.
>>
>>46697270
It's what the forsaken is SUPPOSE to be doing if they are good as they say they are.

But forsaken is actually raising an army to wipe out the living, while DKs are still trying to save the world.

Nice try, forsaken
>>
>>46697326
It's raising the dead and asking if they want to join. Anyone who doesn't has the option to tell them to fuck off and return to the grave.

It's exactly the same thing. The motives might be different, but the action is identical.
>>
>>46697270
One is trying to save the world, the other is Diet Scourge.
>>
>>46697418
>It's exactly the same thing.

Nope.
The Ebon Blade are doing it to save the world.
Shitvanas is doing it to genocide the living.
>>
>>46697449
I hope Legion reveals that a bunch of Forsaken have called up the Ebon Blade and Silver Hand to set up the Warcraft equivalent of the July 20 plot.
>>
>>46697449
Why it's done doesn't matter, even if we accept that Shitvanas is focusing her efforts on genocide. The action itself is the same. If the necromancy is what people take issue with, than they're both equally guilty. Actually, the Ebon Blade are probably worse in that regard.

If it's the motive behind it that matters, then Forsaken necromancy is just fine. It's them killing people that's the issue, and their main offensive was on orders from Garrosh.

>>46697434
They're both Diet Scourge. The flavors are a little different, but let's not fool ourselves.
>>
>>46697558
>They're both Diet Scourge. The flavors are a little different, but let's not fool ourselves.

I don't think it is. They're both undead, sure, but the Forsaken are actively trying to spread their numbers and eradicate all life on Azeroth. The Death Knights only increase their numbers under the most trying of circumstances because they still have some reverence for life and they acknowledge that what they're doing is profoundly vile.
>>
>>46697602
>and eradicate all life on Azeroth
Are they?

And is doing something you believe is wrong better than doing something you believe is right?
>>
>>46697706
>Are they?
well they start off by plaguebombing parts of a neutral nation, and they undo the work of druids shamans and paladins
>>
>>46697730
Well, Garrosh ordered them to attack Gilneas, so that's more on him than anyone else.
>>
>>46697756
and he also ordered them NOT to use the plague.
>>
>>46697811
Is there something particularly wrong with using the Blight, other than long lasting environmental damage?
>>
>>46697856
Blight has a bad habit of making the warzone completely unsalvageable after the fact. It's like Chernobyl: no one's ever gone back because it's still inhabitable.
>>
>>46697856
it destroys the ecosystem and causes a lot of butthurt the elements and druids.
>>
>>46697558
>Why it's done doesn't matter

Yes it does. The Ebon Blade have a good reason to do what they're doing.
>>
>>46697947
Then there's no problem with necromancy itself? Alright then.
>>
>>46697916
Only when overused. Even the Forsaken would rather avoid that, because it makes it uninhabitable for them too.
>>
>>46697970
there is a problem. Thassarian pretty much tells them that they are going to be hated once this is over.

Basically DKs are the guys who are grimdark done right, while DHs are edgy shits.
>>
>>46697991
Blighted land directly benefits the undead. Unless that's been retconned out, I suppose.
>>
>>46697706
Yes, because it shows you still have a conscience. I'm sure Sylvanas thinks all of her myriad horrible actions are completely justified but I'm also sure Garrosh thinks the same thing.

The knights, on the other hand, know perfectly well that raising more death knights is an affront to the living but they also know that Azeroth can't afford to pull any punches if they're going to have any chance of driving off the Legion. If they succeed then they know there will be consequences for their actions and they're willing to own up to those consequences, and if they fail then everyone will be dead anyways.
>>
>>46697970
>Then there's no problem with necromancy itself?

There is, but as I said the Ebon Blade has a good reason.
>>
>>46698018
When forumlated properly, plague fucks up the Forsaken, too. There was a written story where Sylvanas tests a new batch of plague on two subjects: a human female and Forsaken male. Both died horrifically to the plague.
>>
I wanna stick my frozen dick in Whitemane!
>>
>>46697558
Last I checked Ebon blade isn't spreading plague on citizens to increase their number

good job ignoring the most important part of the difference, forsaken scum.
>>
>>46698018
The Forsaken Blight doesn't produce blighted land. It's not an imitation of any Scourge weapon or anything. It was designed to kill both the living and the dead, and that's all it does. It kills everything.
>>46698256
>Last I checked Ebon blade isn't spreading plague on citizens to increase their number
Neither are the Forsaken. The Blight isn't a plague. It just kills people.
>>46698077
Oh sure, when it comes to -Death Knights-. At other times, they're positively gleeful about turning Scarlets into Ghouls and turning them against their former allies.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12813/from-their-corpses-rise

>It is not enough to end their miserable lives... I want them humiliated... debased!

>What could be more unspeakable than to be turned into that which you hate? To dedicate your existence to eradicating a thing, and then in the end to become it?

The Ebon Blade are pretty evil.
>>
>>46698335
>The Ebon Blade are pretty evil.
The Scarlet Crusade were crazy first.
>>
>>46698359
So, raising people as undead under your control, for no other reason than to debase them, is fine if you think the other guy is an asshole?

Alright then.
>>
>>46697004
That image makes me kinda sad. I always go for the horde, but I would be ok if every race stopped that meangless war between thenselves and just defended the planet or something. Theres no more reason to maintain that battle going by the lore side.
>>
>>46698386
Pretty much.
>>
>>46698400
>Theres no more reason to maintain that battle going by the lore side.

There's every reason.
>>
The Forsaken as a faction are cunts for more reasons than just making more Forsaken.

Both factions swore to never subject others to their torment. Both broke that oath, but for differing reasons.
But the big difference is, that the Ebon Blade seems to be concious about the fact that their actions are not ok. That gives them a redeeming feature that the Forsaken lack.
>>
>>46698335
Forsaken use the blight to kill people then raise them, as we seen in Gilneas and southshore.

again, nice try forsaken scum.
>>
>>46698700
No. Instead, the new Forsaken think undeath is just fine, so they don't perceive it as subjecting anyone to torment.

As shown above, the Ebon Blade sometimes just raise the dead out of spite.
>>
>>46698800
No the forsaken still knows undead is a torment hence their hatred toward the living and sylvanus being a dick.

You have being spreading your lies for about every thread so far.
Why are you such huge fanboy again?
>>
>>46698780
When the Blight doesn't destroy their bodies beyond use, then yes. Of course they do. Did I ever once deny that?

I'm saying it's not a plague, because it isn't. It's not even a Scourge-like weapon. It just kills people.
>>46698839
That's the old idea. Ever since Cataclysm the new propaganda is that being Undead is better than being alive, and many of the Forsaken seem to genuinely believe that.
>>
>>46697856
>what's wrong with unilateral usage of WMDs after your superior officer tells you not to
settle down MacArthur
>>
>>46698800
>No. Instead, the new Forsaken think undeath is just fine

Their perception of being undead isn't worth much, since all Forsaken are afflicted by the curse of undeath that warps their personalities upon being raised. They're not people and never were, they're magically-birthed evil twins of whoever their living self was.
>>
>>46699072
Nice headcanon, bro.

Still, how does this make the Ebon Blade not evil?
>>46699044
So the problem is they didn't have permission. Alright then.
>>
>>46699108
>Nice headcanon, bro.

Oh that's canon alright. Recall the Silverpine Forest quest 'Rise, Forsaken' in which you take a valkyr to Fenris Isle to slay refugees and resurrect them as more Forsaken. Despite having been trying to kill you only seconds ago they serve you without question the instant they're raised.

Whatever comes back after being resurrected, it's at best a cruel parody of whoever it once was. That probably goes for the death knights too.
>>
>>46699218
thassarian seems bro tier though. Tries to save his sister and everything.
>>
>>46698930
yes you did.
>> Last I checked Ebon blade isn't spreading plague on citizens to increase their number
Neither are the Forsaken.
> The Blight isn't a plague. It just kills people.

Its called "New Plague" and somehow its not a plague.
you are as full of shit as your favored race.

nope, they don't, you are as big a lair as your favored race.
>>
>>46699108
The ebon blade never denied their methods is evil
Just they direct this onto things more evil, and enemies of the world.

In the mean time forsaken use it on citizens to boast their own number, which is what makes forsaken evil and ebon blade not.
>>
>>46698800
>No. Instead, the new Forsaken think undeath is just fine

>"What joy is there in this curse? We are still undead, sister--still monstrosities. What are we if not slaves to this torment?"

- Sylvanas Windrunner
>>
>>46699237
He was probably God-tier in his previous life.
>>
>>46698800
>As shown above, the Ebon Blade sometimes just raise the dead out of spite.
As Ghouls. Ghouls are barely sentient, if at all. It's more of a satisfaction for the Questgiver than actually punishment for the Crusaders. It's still pretty dickish, but Ghouls are a-okay for the Ebon Blade. They need Ghouls, the Scarlets need to be killed, so why not kill them and then raise them as Ghouls?
The Questgiver is also, by her own admission, especially angry about death. She's vengeful and cuntish even beyond normal DK standards.

The DKs also never claimed to be anything but unnatural warmachines.
>>
>>46699399
More seriously, either Blizzard is fucking up their own lore (again) or else there's something specific involved with how the death knights were severed from Arthas's control, maybe something Tirion and the Ashbringer did? First one seems a lot more likely.
>>
>>46698800
>Instead, the new Forsaken think undeath is just fine
Everyone in WC3 and Vanilla told us it's horrible, up to Sylvannas herself.
I fucking wonder what changed.
>>46699218
>>
>>46699218
>they serve you without question the instant they're raised.
That's a different quest, and the starting zone gives a more detailed look into how it usually goes. Don't try to pass off your headcanon as actual lore.

The undead with the Forsaken aren't even slightly reliable when it comes to loyalty. You've got the Rotbrains, Lord Godfrey's band, Warden Stillwater's lot, the RAS demon-cult, and now Galen Trollbane and his Stromgarde citizens.

They've got more fucking rebels than any other race.
>>46699279
>Its called "New Plague" and somehow its not a plague.
It was called that while it was in early development. The end result shares nothing in common with anything produced by the Scourge, and it certainly isn't a contagion that spreads. In short, it's not a plague.

And yes, the current Forsaken have a lot of members who are absolutely in love with undeath.
>>46699397
Keyword here is "New".

The propaganda has changed, and I don't give a damn about what Sylvanas thinks. She can go die in a hole for all I care.
>>46699477
>I fucking wonder what changed.
Time, propaganda, and the fact that new Forsaken aren't directly enslaved. There's no need to encourage vengeful attitudes in the Forsaken these days, since the Lich King is already gone. Instead, the Forsaken need to be convinced to accept their condition as an improvement, as to discourage them from turning on Sylvanas.
>>46699420
>Ghouls are barely sentient,
So they behave. We've seen spirits released from Ghouls before, and they seemed fully aware. Being a Ghoul is probably one of the worst forms of undeath.
>>
>>46699477
nothing, he is lying out of his ass, as he always does in these threads.
>>
>>46699555
it is the same thing as the plague except Sylvanus can't raise the dead on her own,hence its a plague.

no such forsaken exist else you would gave a example, you lying weasel.

you are the worst piece of shit ever show up in these threads.
>>
>>46697270
>>46697558
>>46697706
>>46699555
>>46699108
>>46698930

This guy is the same idiot who keep posting forsaken are good in every thread, he never gives references, only things he make up.
Just a big giant forsaken fanboy who lies a lot, the usual.

Ignore his posts and just go onto other subject.
>>
>>46699555
>The propaganda has changed

Propaganda doesn't change reality.
>>
>>46699587
>it is the same thing as the plague except Sylvanus can't raise the dead on her own,hence its a plague.
The Plague contaminated everything and spread throughout the environment, infecting the water, plants, animals, and cause giant mushrooms to sprout up.

The Blight melts and kills stuff.

As for that other bit, I'll have to dig through some quest text and stuff. That takes awhile.
>>46699620
I'm calling the Ebon Blade evil.
>>
>>46697004

So, yes, I know from the get go there are better ways to do this and the like, but I need some help

But I am interested in running a warcraft campaign, and will most likely need to do it in d&d 5E.

Lookng through, obviously a lot of stuff can easily if not directly be transported, at least for the alliance, but I'll need to get creative for most of the horde races so I'm looking to TG for suggestions while I try and figure it out

>orcs can use half orc
>blood elve can be high elf
>goblin...Rock gnome with a slightly variant feat involving light explosives? Like, firecracker and such?
>Troll, I'm really not certain of...Possibly elf but changing the immunity to certain effects to a regeneration ability that lets them grow back like, hands/feet?
>Tauren, I really don't know, maybe use the unearthed arcana, but definitly switch out the perfect geographic awareness for something else
>forsaken...I'unno, maybe standard human with immunity to bleed effects? Or with like, an auto stabilize once a day ability?
>Pandaren...Halflings? lol, I really don't know

Related, I'm totally stumped on the shaman class. I was considering possibly refluffed storm/war cleric, but I really don't know...Shadow priest can easily be old one warlock, but I feel like people would find holy priest weird being a life cleric, since they don't wear light armour and what not
>>
>>46700074
Why not just go with an alliance campaign and use NPC horde only , see how it works out first?

Yeah armor is more a disciple priest's thing in Warcraft
>>
>>46700177

You know, that is a possibility, though I believe most of my players would be horde leaning, I definitely should bring up the possibility of ally only. I was considering getting "inspired" by the league of explorers hearthstone expansion for the campaign anyhow.
>>
>>46700231
Well some imput on the race

Tauren: Use Minotaur altered for player use.
Forsaken: just throw an undead template on whatever race it was from

Pandaren: ignore them for now.
>>
File: draenei mum and kid.jpg (242 KB, 533x765) Image search: [Google]
draenei mum and kid.jpg
242 KB, 533x765
>>
>>46697004
Was there something from last thread about there being interest in writing a campaign for a quest thread here? I'd rather be interested in how to make the human empire great again. King Thonadis or whatever his name was, was a great leader and shouldn't have had to deal with some rabble splitting off from their rightful king.

Though playing as the Kingdom of Alterac would be interesting during the first and second wars I think
>>
>>46700074
Honestly, this is the sort of discussion we should have been having, not just talking lore and complaining about the game.

I think a lot of the races would probably have to be deliberately made to suit the races and their lore. Trolls aren't really like elves in terms of stats. They're almost nine feet tall according to ingame appearances and what you can figure out from their descriptions in the novels. They're stronger, tougher, and more agile than humans, and also incredibly good at climbing things unassisted. Some can even crawl along cave walls.

Tauren are practically a race of giants. Forsaken are just undead humans, so you could probably just find and modify a suitable undead template or something.

I think there would probably need to be some level adjustment going on for a lot of the Horde races.
>>
>>46702485
>Tauren are practically a race of giants.
people forget this, but tauren are supposed to be like 12 feet tall. They were scaled down for WoW because otherwise every doorway in the game would have to be stupidly tall so tauren players could get in
>>
>>46702485
If we're talking 3/PF

Forsaken would be Undead who would lose most of their Undead immunities but could also be healed with positive energy. Will of the Forsaken would be an (ex) ability they could use once a day that would temporarily give them full Undead immunities. They'd also have a Con score. I'd say +2 WIS -2 Cha

Trolls would have an (ex) Berserk ability that would function similar to Rapid Shot and give them an extra melee or ranged attack each round for a limited time. For them I'd say +2 Dex -2 Int
>>
>>46702433
I could whip up a yarn. taking command of alterac post wc3 would be cool though.
>>
>>46702550
That's a retcon I can live with. They're still massive even toned down like that.

>used to stack growth effects on my Tauren when I played live and they all still stacked. Once got so big I couldn't fit through the gates of Orgrimmar.
>>
>>46702550
>>46702625
I hate them for making all the growth effects battle elixers.

And giving toys retarded cooldowns.
>>
>>46702589
>For them I'd say +2 Dex -2 Int
Trolls are explicitly said to have average intelligence and have access to every spellcaster besides Paladins, which they technically also seem to have had at some point in the form of the Freethinkers.
>>
>>46702618
Would be a lot better than getting cucked out of a kingdom because the king thought the greenskins would be able to overpower the other human kingdoms. I mean seriously you could have forted up and made the horde think twice about assualting your lands if you packed enough explosives up there i bet.
>>
>>46702485
The giants are much bigger than Taurens even in WC3
Mountain giants and sea giant behemoth are HUGE.

Them and Ancients are the real big ones.
>>
>>46702666
Freethinkers/Heathens and the Zandalari Prelate mobs in Throne of Thunder that use paladin spells.
>>
>>46702718
Maybe they aren't the same size as the giant giants, but they're still giants by the standards of any human.

On a totally unrelated note, where does the idea that Draenei have no flaws come from?
>>
>>46702485

True, if we wanted to go super literal lore, level adjustments would be needed since definitly tauren would have like +5 str or something...But assuming one replaces some amount of flavour for the sake of balance...So yeah, I know trolls would be like one of the strongest after tauren, but as you said, they're super limber and lanky...And they even do mutate into elves in the lore on top of them being supser spiritual and hunter focused, so dex and wis seem like a solid pair of stat bonuses to start building them off of, and obviously you've gotta have something to tie into their regeneration, but would have to be semi limited like hands/feet or else it'd be pretty ridiculous.

I guess trying to strictly base them off of other races is probably a bad idea, but I was just trying to give a rough template and some do sorta match.
>>
>>46702709
Eh, I could create a guy from alterac who bent the knee to lordaeron but wants to regain his freedoms soon. A quest starting right after wc2 ends would be neat.
>>
>>46697320

>the forsaken are raising corpses so that their great leader sylvanas can keep on living forever.

This is a logical goal since she is damned, the only alternative to being undead forever is being tormented forever in hell.
>>
>>46702666
Hrm... What stat penalty would work for Trolls then? WIS maybe but I figured that worked better for Orcs.
>>
>>46702719
Yes, with them included, we can safely say that Trolls are the most flexible race when it comes to magic. Hell, it's especially impressive since they developed a lot of them independently of the other races.

They didn't learn Arcane or Druidism from Elves, and even their Monk trainer is a Troll rather than a Pandaren. Hell, they've even got their own traditions of Necromancy, which the Sandfury use to create undead laborers. Even Kel'thuzad could barely animate rats for a few minutes before he joined the Scourge.

Trolls aren't exactly an unintelligent race. They're certainly a bit too stubborn for their own good, refusing to let go of past glories, but they're a reasonably advanced race when they aren't dwelling in ruins.
>>
>>46702924
Penalty to CHA. Trolls have a bad reputation, and usually don't look good either.
>>
>>46702961
>and usually don't look good either.
I have to disagree there, they are actually very visually interesting.

But I wouldn't actually put it in a 3.X, if it HAD to be d20 anything I'd use 4e (Dohoho)
>>
>>46702982
>they are actually very visually interesting
I agree, but lorewise I think they're usually described as ugly. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>46702840
wants some help on making some ideas? Most my knowledge comes from the warcraft three game to be honest, but it still sounds interesting.
>>
>>46702924
Honestly, Orcs strike me as a bit dimmer than humans on average. They only recently gained Mages from studying under the Forsaken, and the idea of an Orc Mage still feels awkward. Does anyone actually play them?

Their main spellcasters are Warlocks and Shaman, and Shaman would probably use charisma to bargain with the elements. I'm not sure what Warlocks would use, but they don't seem to be as intellectual as Mages.

Also, a lot of Orc buildings were actually constructed by Goblins. Going by everything, I don't think Orcs are particularly intelligent when comparing their accomplishments to other races.
>>
>>46703044
someone kicked around the idea of +2 strength and then player's choice between +2 charisma or wisdom
>>
>>46697004
>>46701980

Draenei have the cutest kids.
>>
>>46702924

Well honestly, trolls have a LOT of spiritual traditions, like almost everything is focused on worshipping or appeasing the loa and keeping up traditions and ancestors...So wisdom would almost certainly be a really good candidate for like, a +1 bonus.

Side note, when I asked the question I was definitly thinking of 5e, so it's pretty unlikely there'd be any negative attributes in general.

>>46702961

Griftah was one of the most skillful and successful con artists ever as a troll ;P but yeah, even though darkspear are pretty civilized, if we are ABSOLUTELY going with there being negatives, I agree cha would be the most likely candidate.
>>
>>46702433
I'd say split the difference. The Kingdom of Alterac, prior to the Third War. Suffering heavily from reparations paid to other members of the Grand Alliance, made to host internment camps for the Orcish Horde (nobody wanted them in their backyard), and it is about to go to civil war. Stromgarde took a great portion of it. Aliden and Isiden Perenolde are both in contention for the broken throne. Meanwhile, the criminal element is forming a Syndicate under everyone's nose, new religions using demon-worship from the Orcish slaves and their own diabolerie are infiltrating what remains of the decadent high society.

The capital city is in ruins, slowly rebuilding but lacking funds save for those provided by a Davel Prestor; a nobleman who the Perenolde's fear may usurp the throne from them. Lord Uther has used rhetoric to brand all of Alterac traitors even if it were just the actions of a few; property, titles, rights of citizenship are stripped away by foreigners.

The banner of the orange eagle of Alterac is suffering from a brutal winter, dissolution of any political stability, demonic influence, criminality, anarchy, and no other nation of Humanity looks upon them with any eyes other than those on what can be gained once the nation truly dies.
>>
>>46699442

Maybe the Lich King's command is distributed through the highest ranking undead in the local group, which for the Acherus local group was Darion Mograine.

Freeing him also freed all the undead with any measure of free will under his command in the Acherus node.

During the time he was freed his entire being was suffused with the need to stomp a mudhole in Arthas' bitch-ass, so that was filtered down to all the Death Knights and other sentient undead of the Ebon Blade, it was their highest collective priority.

And it's one that can be expanded to destroy all evil, which can be expanded to "do good stuff" for those individuals so minded, like Thassarian.

Those are my thoughts at least.
>>
>>46703165
Man when you put it like that, it sounds like the Alterec nation is the Starks of the warcraft world, getting fucked over by the leader until nothing remains.

Maybe it would be better to attempt being a commoner that is fed up with the whole shebang and tries to fix it all. Though that might be too much as most people would try to leave, maybe a minor house of the kingdom?
>>
>>46703083
Well, I'd also mention that there's a noticeable number of hulk-speaking retards among the Orcish population. A lot of which are made into Peons, but there's also the illiterate one at Terokkar and these guys here.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Steel_Thunder#Notes
http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=19606/grek

Orcs can dip down into full retard with surprising frequency.
>>
>>46703021
I kinda want to base them on the town of strahnbrad slowly building up power now that the war is over. The blackrock orcs kidnapping people to sacrifice them, ogres acting up, trying to move into alterac, people migrating away to stormwind because Alterac is part of lordaeron and taxing the people heavily.
Of course the universe at large moves at it's own rate.

>>46703125
The orcs rape them.
>>
>>46703165

Just write a campaign about picking up the eagle flag and holding it higher. Overcoming all the difficulties from being a bunch of insurgents hiding in a basement into an empire is a great concept and worth playing on it own and gives a great sense of overarching goal too. Players can get very invested in stuff like this if executed well.

It should be brutally hard though, all the demon worshippers, criminals, undead, orcs, forest trolls, other flavor of undead, alliance, horde, ogres etc all want to fuck you over and send armies to fight over your shit.

I really enjoy this kind of stuff, because I like doing the same playing grand startegy games. Making something like the Imperial Free City of Hamburg or the Duchy or Corfu or the perennial favorite, Ryukyu is sort of like this.
>>
>>46703188

Following up my thoughts here, by comparison the Forsaken that get raised or enthralled into the Banshee Queen's service have the following priorities.

>1. Serve Sylvanas
>2. Praise Sylvanas
>3. Angst
>>
>>46703044
>Honestly, Orcs strike me as a bit dimmer than humans on average. They only recently gained Mages from studying under the Forsaken, and the idea of an Orc Mage still feels awkward. Does anyone actually play them?
There were several Orc mage-types in Blackwing Lair, UBRS and LBRS.

Lots of arcane ones too, not just fire stuff that could be "Warlock or dark shaman with mage-like fire spells"
>>
File: Alterac.jpg (211 KB, 1600x1144) Image search: [Google]
Alterac.jpg
211 KB, 1600x1144
>>46703165
>>46703199
It has been years since I've played WoW, but I always rather liked Alterac. It's just a sad place that really lost hard in war and never recovered. Place was in ruins prior to the Scourge.

I'd say go minor house, one that didn't lose too much in the fallout; maybe had wealth hidden away in the Foothills (perhaps tied to Ravenholdt Manor).

So some members of a minor house trying to secure a future in a nation doomed to destruction by interior and exterior forces, harsh elements, and the everpresent threat of monsters, ogres, orc insurrection, and whatever might've leaked through Dalaran's sewer systems and tainted the land.

A commoner, a real patriot who wants to see Alterac regain its place works well too. Perenolde may be a coward, but he spared his commoners countless deaths by making a deal with the orcs. History will damn him, but the common man should know given the lives lost elsewhere; how much they would have lost---they were in such an easily controlled bit of mountain, they could've been easily wiped out entirely.

Could throw in some Alterac Valley stuff too; prior to the Stormpike arrivals; so the Frost Wolves are there in number, hiding in the wild; needing to remain secret. Could be a good exterior threat or scapegoat too.
>>
File: jojo-so.jpg (634 KB, 1920x1228) Image search: [Google]
jojo-so.jpg
634 KB, 1920x1228
>>46702485

>Tauren:
>+5 Str
>+2 Con

>Troll:
>+5 Dex
>+2 Wis

>Orc:
>+3 Str
>+3 Con

>Undead:
>+2 Int
>+2 Wis

>Goblin:
>+3 Cha
>+2 Int

>Blood Elf:
>+3 Dex
>+3 Int
>>
File: WoW15CoverArtwork.jpg (172 KB, 600x874) Image search: [Google]
WoW15CoverArtwork.jpg
172 KB, 600x874
>>46703215
>The orcs rape them

They make cute rape babies too
>>
>>46703274
Those seem really poorly balanced and break from several d20 traditions.

I am personally trying to adapt the Iron Kingdoms RPG system.'

It's not PERFECT but it has a lot of bits that seem really quick to convert.

The magic system needs a lot of work though.
>>
>>46703021
>>46702433
>>46703165
>>46703253
>>46703270
So do I make the fucking quest thread or not?
>>
Would Warlocks be CHA or INT based casters?
>>
>>46703253
>>46703215
I think it would be best if you tried to get the players to act through the sydicate and work the system of the crime lords to overturn the corrupted nobles, or another option is to be in the kingdom's military arm and try to strong arm a coup to attempt a way to fix things. Or if that's not doable maybe something like kicking shit in and taking names like the inqusition
>>
File: yotsuba_says_no_by_pardner.jpg (107 KB, 818x479) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba_says_no_by_pardner.jpg
107 KB, 818x479
>>46703322
>quest thread
>>
>>46703044
Orc are savages , so low int but normal Wis is the way to go

Shaman is pretty obvious a WIS class, you need to commute with the elemental and learn from them, all those crap.
Warlock is def Int based like Mage.
>>
>>46703333
nice quads but the syndicate came into prominence after the third war when lordaeron was all but abandoned.
>>
>>46703322
If you know how to run a quest thread it be neat to see.
>>
>>46700065
The Ebon Blade /is/ evil. There's no Death Knight that would say otherwise. They just happen to be a /useful/ evil.
>>
>>46703322

Make a campaign and get players. Quest threads are gay and not /tg/.

>>46703333

Nah. A new beginning. A completely new movement. Maybe a legitmist noble and his couple friends and retainers starting to gather refugees and forming an insurgent army. I really like this idea how a tiny band of brothers working out of a manor and trying to avoid much bigger fishes while gaining strength.
>>
>>46703317

Well, if you're trying to be as faithful to Warcraft lore as possible, those stats are pretty accurate.
>>
>>46703371
>Make a campaign and get players. Quest threads are gay and not /tg/.
where?
And working within the system and leaving lordaeron to die when the scourge comes is a better idea. You milk Terenas for all its worth and when Arthas goes the DK route you say fuck you and defend the mountain passes. Become the bulwark of the northern EK
>>46703364
>>
>>46703371
So like the syndicate only with noble intentions and not wanting to fuck over everyone else that ditched them...could work, but you'd have to worry about how blatent your going to be in this endevor, if this is right after the Lorderon tax and Uther shitting on us then we'd probably get labeled as rebels or traitors to the eagle flag. However if we wait we might not get enough time to conduct our defenses before scourge happy times occur.
>>
>>46703328

Both, but more CHA than INT. Warlocks use their WILL to dominate and bind the souls of demons to them.
>>
>>46703406
Work with the system, steal taxes and make lordaeron bleed for us. Then kick them out when the scourge fucks them over.
>>
>>46703344

>orcs
>low int
>completely ignoring how easily these "dumb savages" adapt goblin tech
>completely ignoring the fact that Blackrock Foundry existed before the Iron Horde did

orcs might have dumb retards among them, but they're as intelligent as humans. if they truly were stupid, they wouldn't be able to build shit from goblin schematics and IMPROVE upon it
>>
>>46703254
The Forsaken have more traitors than almost any other factions in the game. If they're enthralled, then it's a pretty shitty enthrallment.

Blizzard's word on the matter is this.
>“@Loreology do the Forsaken follow Sylvanas out of blind loyalty or are they brain-washed?” “Well, each Forsaken member follows their queen for various reasons: fear, loyalty, nowhere else to go…”

Praising Sylvanas is just a good way to suck up to her, and sucking up to her is a good idea for any opportunistic sociopath. Which is what a lot of Forsaken are.
>>
>>46703442
They implement blackfuse's plans and the horde is still dependent upon goblin tech for day to day work.
>>
>>46703406

Thats why a circle of minor nobles could work out really well. Maybe they were sidelined really hard by the Perenoldes and want revenge. Maybe they are geninue patriots, devoted to the ideal of Alterac, and not its degenerate rulership of traitors and cultists. Maybe they just want power. You can even keep it ambiguous to players. Or make the players minor nobility themselves.

>this is right after the Lorderon tax and Uther shitting on us

I was thinking about WoW times, just because its a bigger clusterfuck. Trying to navigate between a literal war of two enemies going on, ogres, cults and playing them out eachother and trying to be seem as a usefull ally and shit.
>>
>>46703461

you realize that in order to build machines from goblin schematics, they have to possess a degree of intelligence, yes?

you do realize that the goblin tech they are dependent on has been wholly improved?

(fyi, im talking about the iron horde)
>>
>>46703489
by that time Alterac is abandoned outright. The only thing that is left is the syndicate and they are largely petty thugs.
>>
>>46703489
Honestly, I'm just happy people liked the idea. Might run something like that for one of my local groups. Been rehacking Beyond the Wall for Azeroth for a bit; making a decent Alterac Urban Campaign could be a spot of fun. It'd be like Les Miserables in not-Germany/Switzerland an every other nation fucking hates it.
>>
>>46703493
that has more to do with blackfuse having even more plans that he never put into production. Seeing how warcraft tech works, its like putting together IKEA furniture rather than some technical expertise on the behalf of the orcs. It means blackfuse made very meticulous plans.
>>
>>46703333
>>46703348
The Syndicate WERE the Nobles, many were bitter about having their powers curtailed because their leader was a fucking traitor, and others were actually loyal to the loser .

Most of the region was actually spared by the alliance according to the Tides of War novel, "Destroy all enemy buildings" was just the win condition in-game for WC2, hell they didn't even have their privateers try to assassinate Uther IIRC.

The real destruction Alterac suffered was when Deathwing and Teron Gorefiend decided to smash the alliance garrison in exchange for the disgraced prisoner-king handing over the stolen Book of Medivh. Deathwang is not known for subtlety so I'd imagine he took out much of the city in the fight.

Then the rebuilding/whatever was left got trashed in the internal fight that put the Syndicate in power.

>>46703505
The world's a lot bigger than what's shown in WoW, some of it could have been Ogre-free.
>>
>>46703508
>>46703489
Still wish that one anon didn't shit on the quest fag guy, would have been fun instead of not getting to watch the game play out

That being said how would you work to get the interior cleaned out? Cultist-chan is a retardedly hard thing to remove, she shows up EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>46703528

whats your source? sounds like straight fanon to me. do you have source stating that he made super meticulous plans that were so detailed that even a "dumb savage" could understand them?
>>
>>46703442
Intelligence is typically variable among any population. Some Orcs are smarter than others. Some are much smarter than others.

However, some Orcs are part of a large underclass of borderline retards known as Peons, who form the primary labor force of the Orcs. Orcs are probably a bit dumber than Humans on average, but still have a reasonable number of intelligent individuals among them.
>>
>>46703549
>However, some Orcs are part of a large underclass of borderline retards known as Peons, who form the primary labor force of the Orcs. Orcs are probably a bit dumber than Humans on average, but still have a reasonable number of intelligent individuals among them.

i can mostly agree with this, but i highly doubt the average uneducated human peasant is going to be much smarter than the average orc (of which the peon is not)
>>
>>46703548
no butthurt orc fan, he pretty much states that HIS legacy lives on when you kill him, and the next thing you see in the expansion is the horde using the same fucking tech.
>>46703537
>The world's a lot bigger than what's shown in WoW, some of it could have been Ogre-free.
If you were an alterac peasant during the third war, you would be trying to cross the thandol span ASAP and trying to get to stormwind. By and large Alterac is pretty much dead.
>>
>>46703595
>no butthurt orc fan, he pretty much states that HIS legacy lives on when you kill him, and the next thing you see in the expansion is the horde using the same fucking tech.

fucking rofl, really? because im making the argument that orcs arent as dumb as your fanon claims they are, im a butthurt orc fan? this is exactly the problem with these threads nowadays. bunch of retarded hyper-sensitive faction fanboys.

for your information, i've been alliance since vanilla. dumb fuck

>his legacy
yeah, the iron star. garrosh brought a few of blackfuse's schematics to draenor. it's from the schematics of the iron star that the iron horde developed its weaponry. garrosh didnt arrive with a backpack full of detailed schematics. his legacy did live on, but you're taking it way too literally because you're stupid and like to treat your headcanon as fact
>>
>>46703573
The average uneducated peasant probably IS smarter than an average uneducated orc, because at least he isn't talking like the Incredible Hulk.
>>
>>46703655
oh yeah. Random orcs suddenly become tech geniuses in 30 years without goblins and with one schematic. This is the same race that went on a genocidal spree because their dead moms and dads told them that their neighbors were planning to kill them and they never double checked.
Orcs are the dumbest of the PC races in WoW by a long shot.
>>
>>46703694
>oh yeah. Random orcs suddenly become tech geniuses in 30 years without goblins and with one schematic.
have you played WoD? The remnants of the Blackfuse company teach the Blackrock Clan how to build, maintain and use iron stars, guns and all kinds of shit within 2 years
>>
>>46703723
yes, and that doesn't mean orcs are smart. They might be obedient and be innately good with weaponry but not on the same tier as humans.
>>
Shouldn't orcs be -2 Wis then? Their only wis-based class is shaman.
>>
>>46703694
>>46703723
Couldn't you just look at actual game mechanics when attempting to figure out game mechanics?

The lowest stat orcs have in WoW is agility, their intelligence is also below average, but only one point below average. The lowest intelligence race in the game is tauren
>>
>>46703737
It doesn't matter if Orcs as a whole are smart or not. Intelligence is variable. Even if they're less intelligent than humans on average, some can still be smarter than the average human.
>>
>>46703723

Completely a side opinion but I really loved the caveman steampunk aesthetics of WoD and would have really loved to see more of it.
>>
>>46703756

>making playable races take penalties to stats in a tabletop rpg

i feel bad for your players
>>
>>46703772
yeah it was cool as hell. WoD had great aesthetics, and even the story wasn't that bad, it was mostly the lack of content people whine about
>>
>>46703822

>well fuck, we dun goofed and stooped to "alternate timelines low"
>well fuck, our ploy at BC and WC2 nostalgia didnt work out so well
>well fuck the lore is a clusterfuck of retcons
>lets just go on adn keep making content?
>nah just cut everything
>>
>>46698107
>There is, but as I said the Ebon Blade has a good reason.

Ends and means, thanks Arthas we get it.

Seriously, the Ebon Blade already re-enlisted with the new Lich King because Bolvar is so super awesome and immune to corruption?... Give it time, then Bolvar will inevitably fall under the weight and they will be the scourge's vangaurd all over again.

They aren't anti-heroes, they want you to believe otherwise, but they really aren't. They are protecting their immediate interests by repelling the Legion and biding their time.
>>
File: High_Justice_Grimstone.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3510) Image search: [Google]
High_Justice_Grimstone.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3510
>>46703756
I think that mental casting stats should actually be CHOSEN rather than automatic for the class.

>>46703760
>The lowest intelligence race in the game is tauren
Which is funny because their hunters start with guns, they have good practical engineering in the Thunder Bluff rope bridges and elevators.

>>46703822
Some of the stories were cut in dumb ways.

And the reason the Orcs attacked the Draenei was never explained "They May get in our way"
>>
>>46703822
>even the story wasn't that bad
The story was terrible.

Sure, it had a lot of potential and the ideas behind it weren't awful, but there was too much cut for it to be "not that bad". There are some salvageable pieces, but taken as a whole the thing was a mess.

My only hope is that all of the Iron Horde models won't go to complete waste, and Blizzard's love of recycling will let the Horde make use of them.
>>
>>46703892
Kargath was going to be a part of the Uncrowned

Then they removed him for some reason
>>
File: Skeleton armored.jpg (123 KB, 1024x1401) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton armored.jpg
123 KB, 1024x1401
>>46703929
No, there was an unknown masked Shattered Hand guy called "The Hood" and we don't know what it was.
>>
>>46703980
unknown shattered hand guy with white skin, spikes in his shoulder and a blade as his shattered hand weapon, in a group of lore-heavy rogues
>>
>>46703863
The problem with the original Lich King is he was evil bastard, not because he was corrupted.
Stop with the corruption crap already metzen.
>>
>>46702589
You know they actually have full undead immunity in the lore as well as being hurt by positive energy, in addition to channel resistance and immunity from will saves that specifically target undead.

They altered their type to humanoid from undead in the beta soley for balance reasons.

+2wis and -2cha seems reasonable though, considering their "life" experience and horrifying presence.
>>
File: Kobold Chieftan.jpg (70 KB, 756x430) Image search: [Google]
Kobold Chieftan.jpg
70 KB, 756x430
>>46703995
I think he had vials IIRC.
>>
>>46704025
It sucks that will is tied to wisdom in 3.X

Forsaken are clearly lacking in wisdom, but are defined by their willpower
>>
>>46704025
I really think the undead template is enough to not give Forsaken any state change.

An Undead version of any eastern kingdom race is a big enough alternative to pick them.
>>
>>46703995
It'd be pretty cool if it was Kargath. I wouldn't mind getting some Orcs from Draenor. I'd rather WoD not be completely pointless.

Speaking of WoD, I really want Blizzard to release all of their concept art for it. It'll probably be a lot cooler than what we ended up getting.
>>
>>46704001
Dude Bolvar is literally wearing the crown of the scourge, he is gonna break eventually.

It doesn't matter whether or not he's evil, the madness alone from the weight of the power and the tax on his will is enough.

You can even look at the legion quests and he punishes spirits for abandoning the light and immediately punishes different spirits for doing the opposite literally 30 secs later.
>>
File: Coldlight swimmers.jpg (43 KB, 487x470) Image search: [Google]
Coldlight swimmers.jpg
43 KB, 487x470
>>46704128
>You can even look at the legion quests and he punishes spirits for abandoning the light and immediately punishes different spirits for doing the opposite literally 30 secs later.
Yes but that's before you beat the shit of the ecoes of the other two and buy him a little more sanity.
>>
>>46704128
The crown of domination don't work that way, ner'zhul and Arthas are gone, there's nothing in there.

like I said, go back to hell metzen.
>>
>>46704249
>The crown of domination don't work that way, ner'zhul and Arthas are gone, there's nothing in there.

then why does bolvar speak with the LK voice?
>>
>>46704249
They're not, they're still there. That way we can raid northrend again in a later expansion. Yay.
>>
File: xiRpD6V.jpg (174 KB, 1482x775) Image search: [Google]
xiRpD6V.jpg
174 KB, 1482x775
Bolvar was fine until he agreed to be in a shitty Facebook game.
>>
>>46704191
That's like putting your finger in a dike and saying you slowed the flood.
>>
>>46704321
>Blizzard shuts down glorious vanilla private server
>that shit still exists
>>
File: Elune and Malorne.jpg (92 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
Elune and Malorne.jpg
92 KB, 500x319
>>
>>46704413
>Elune will eventually be a raid boss

You know it will happen
>>
>>46704439
Well then, let's go kill that deerfucker and be done with it. I can't think of anything better I'd want to do.
>>
>>46704264
because he is stuck in ice and it's cool

>>46704291
you mean you find their echoes
>>
>>46704570
>because he is stuck in ice and it's cool

solid reasoning dude
>>
...Nightborne-stylized saddle on a spider

Goddammit Blizzard.
>>
>>46703885
>And the reason the Orcs attacked the Draenei was never explained "They May get in our way"
I thought it was to bring together the tribes against a common foe?
>>
>>46705125

They dont like bringing it up because it infringes on the dindu nuffing image metzen loves.
>>
>>46704413
What the hell has Elune been doing this whole time anyway? Azeroth gets invaded by aliens like every other week and she doesn't even send a "thinking of you" card.
>>
>>46705125
Maybe? I figured "There's an entire world of enslaved Orcs" was Grom's initial motive since he thought Thrall belonged to Blackmoore still.

>>46705161
She cries over Ysera or something apparently.
>>
>>46705157
>metzen
REEEEEEEEEEE
Everything beyond TBC was poorly written, and TBC wasn't that great either.
>>
>>46705157

>metzen loves the dindu image
>metzen loves orcs
>orcs constantly doing evil shit and getting their asses kicked

Hmmm.
>>
>>46705179
Just bad writing on the part of not being able to come up with a decent enough plot progression without resorting to "X goes crazy"or "Y isn't really dead" or "It's time travel, I don't have to explain shit"
>>
>>46705179
Isn't most of the Hordes more recent shenanigans not written by Metzen though?
>>
>>46705213
It was shit well before all of that went down though
>>
>>46705220
At least it was cohesive back then. Now the Horde just seems schizophrenic.
>>
>The Horde
>The Old Horde
>The Dark Horde
>The Fel Horde
>The Iron Horde
Tell me exactly when it was cohesive to begin with?
>>
>>46705272
you forgot the Fel Iron Horde and Ner'zhul's Horde
>>
>>46705289
Christ almighty
>>
>>46705289

>fel horde splits

>Old Fel Horde
>True Fel Horde
>>
>>46705452
>New Horde arrives just to drum up support for Horde Classic.
>>
>>46705125

Kil'jaeden has grudge against Velen and the Draenei and told Gul'dan to have them all killed.
>>
>>46705452
>True Fel Horde splits

>Most True Fel Horde
>Mostly True Fel Horde
>Almost True Fel Horde

>>46705474
>Sworn enemy of Diet Horde Zero
>>
Are we ever gonna visit Zandalar
>>
>reading a civ thread bout a group of gurubashi trying to recover after the events of ZG25

Das some cool shit mon
>>
>>46704249
Actually they were both trapped in the hilt of frostmourne, where Ner'zhul was torturing Arthas for trapping him away. Bolvar takes them both into the helm again after the Frost DK deals with that I believe.
>>
>>46705481
>that item you can find in WoD that shows Archimonde being pissed at Kil'jaeden because he's fucking everything up by being sneaky
>>
>>46707196
I am pretty sure those are just their echos.
>>
>>46705481
>believing in the drenai retcon

Sure...We'll go with that
>>
>>46708904

>still whining about retconning single line in the WC3 manual despite a gorillion more serious retcons

you autists are the worst
>>
>>46703270
> dat pic
>>
File: 1460813023199.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460813023199.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
>>46710838
A closer shot of the Burning legion force at Broken Shore.
>>
>>46710942
>no Fel Reaver

sad
>>
>>46711040
the quest is suppose to show only the big shots that are summoned by Gul'dan

They already shown the new felreavers in other place.
>>
File: file.png (205 KB, 605x345) Image search: [Google]
file.png
205 KB, 605x345
>>46697083
What'cha gonna do?
Call Tirion?
>>
>>46697208
Why I just imagine grimdarkarian just walking into a grave and laying down.
>>
File: ains powah.png (765 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
ains powah.png
765 KB, 1001x1001
>>46710942
Those demons must have ball made out of fell metal of some shit, to attack the might champions of the alliance. Don't they realise, that they are just making it personal?
>>
>>46711421
balls*
or*
mighty*

I need to stop shitposting on /tg/ while being drunk. Fuck.
>>
>>46704413
Every Titan seems to have a Pillar of Creation or highly relevant artifact, with the exception of Eonar.

Instead of an Eonar pillar, we get an Elune one. Well, unless Elune is actually some remaining aspect of Eonar.
>>
>>46704960
DK reasoning.
>Let's make our weaponry out of old god blood
>Why?
>Idk sounds cool.
>spikes EVERYWHERE?
>EVERYWHEEEREEEE.
>>
File: battlecruiser operational.webm (239 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
battlecruiser operational.webm
239 KB, 720x404
"This isn't Warcraft in Space! I-it's much more sophisticated!"
>>
>>46711739
It's Warcraft in space, and it's fucking awesome. Call them floating dimensional fortresses with a streamlined design if you like, but it doesn't matter at all to me.
>>
>>46711771
>FACE THE MIGHT OF DALARAN!
>[Grim scourge noises]
>>
>>46711876
>low Azeroth orbit battles over the Broken Isles with Dalaran and Acherus on one side and Legion dimension ships on the other my dick can only get so erect anon
>>
>>46711941
Hell, the Exodar has been repaired since Cataclysm, so you may as well throw that one in too.
>>
>>46711941
>Notvalhalla low orbit bombarding the legion with warriors
>>
>>46711723
The undead have escaped the cycle, they use saronite because they are immune to old god madness and it's probably the most durable material ever ( until later expansions when we miraculously discover Mcguffins like "true iron").
>>
>>46712122
>Implying anyone is immune to lolcorruptionlol
>>
File: 1402179855237.jpg (1 MB, 1254x1050) Image search: [Google]
1402179855237.jpg
1 MB, 1254x1050
>>46712715
Well, they've managed to wear it for a decade or so without jibbering and going, "TJSHN OJZASSSS JAJJZJJZJZJJJJ LKKLZKJZKJZLAAJDRK" and sprouting tentacles, so I think the only corruption they've got going on is the darkening of their souls from being undead.
>>
>>46711739
This is beyond retarded, but I'm liking it for sure.

Space Expansion when??
>>
>>46713062
>DKs are not immune to corruption
>They're already corrupted as fuck so they can't get worse

I can but see metzen jerking off.
>>
>>46713147
>Welcome to the Sector of Starcraft
>>
>>46713630
>>46713147
>inb4 a quest where you go through a portal and end up fighting zerg
>>
>>46713691
>Blizzard universe
>Scourge and dalaran as the azeroth reps
>>
>>46713062
this^^

They are amoral assholes, but they tend to keep their wits.

Also they had ghouls and other undead mine the resource in Icecrown for them because the living slaves kept losing it and throwing themselves down the mine shafts to escape the screaming (after which they were promptly raised and put back to work without distraction).
>>
>>46713861
>after which they were promptly raised and put back to work without distraction
>Try to kill myself
>HAHA I WIN DI-
>Get raised again
>At least I'm now dum enough no get voice head... brains?
>>
>>46713147
>Space Expansion when??
Probably right after Legion. All the recent lore and content looks like they're building up the threat of the Void and getting properly started on the Army of Light, and the Army of Light IS known for its dimensional ships. With there being buildup to redeemed demons too, I don't doubt some Legion vessels could be reconfigured as well.

Throw in whatever the Ethereals have, maybe give us some space-faring Apexis, and we can all duke it out with the Old God bioships or whatever else the forces of the Void might have.
>>
>>46713062
>>46713255
>>46713861

I thought one of the reasons Yog Saron was pissed about the undead in Northrend was that they were unsuitable to the old-gods' influence.
>>
>>46711739
I just want to hijack one!
>>
File: Shattered_Hand_concept[1].jpg (377 KB, 1001x1200) Image search: [Google]
Shattered_Hand_concept[1].jpg
377 KB, 1001x1200
> tfw no edgy Shattered Hand waifu
>>
>>46716657
Wow, even her clothing is fucking cut-
>Two hands
Dropped.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPBl6CcmfIU lordaeron tribute
>>
>>46716657
where is this shit from
>>
>>46714402
Yeah, he comments on it during the fight too. He needs the players to eventually fuck Arthas' shit up because he can't manipulate him or his minions.

He was also using the keepers to repel the scourge out of storm peaks because he knows that the Lich King will want to use his power or bleed him dry.
>>
>>46716657

ritual scarring I get, but what the fuck they have to gain literally splitting open the flesh of an assassin and keeping it open like that
>>
>>46718513
They're masochists.
>>
>>46718485
Also the Deathwhisper audio mocking the curse of flesh (Yogg-Sarons' curse) and how to transcend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDOLVlkntQ
>>
>>46718540

There is difference between causing pain to yourself and paralyzing yourself with your armor cutting you to the bone when you try to move.
>>
>>46718396
WoD concept art.

>>46718540
Sadomasochists to be more precise. Inflicting and receiving pain is the M.O., starting with them smashing their hand and lopping it off.
>>
>>46716657
>>46717185
Not sure she'd yet earned the right to cut off a hand.
>>
>>46703803

I know, when I started asking about stat mods for races I specifically stated 5e, somehow it all got bent into 3.5 and now its just people wet dicking each other over orc hate/love/whatever...If I wanted to make WoW in 3.5 I'd just use the warcraft RPG books :
>>
>>46718589
>WoW
>Logic

Autismo kniggtooooo!
he's an autimos!
He just doesn't get it!
He's dick is small!
His anime is nice!
>>
>>46720955

No, not logic. Versimilitude. Believeability. I can suspend my disbelief at a battle dominatrix whos into extreme body modification, but I cant accept those bladed opera gloves or the fact she belongs to the shattered hand and clearly has both hands.
>>
File: wowx5-artwork-041-full.jpg (221 KB, 1083x1024) Image search: [Google]
wowx5-artwork-041-full.jpg
221 KB, 1083x1024
>>46716657

>not posting the superior orc assassin waifu concept art
>>
>>46697004
>Female Draenei looks like a total slut
>all the kids are different colors
>>
Illidan did everything wrong
>>
Lore discussion is tip top and all but maybe we should get some content going like a Player's Handbook for 5th edition/RPG of choice. I don't really vote for 3.5 since the Official RPG uses a similar system already.
>>
>>46705161
According to Warcraft Chronicles, being the gestating Titan babby inside Azeroth.
>>
>>46704413
Damn, I'd motorboat the hell out of that goddess.
>>
>>46722037
That's a common guess, but it's not confirmed at all. The baby Titan is typically referred to as "Azeroth" with masculine pronouns.

I'm more willing to believe that Elune is a remnant of Eonar, considering that it should be her name on one of the Pillars of Creation.
>>
File: ELementals versus Titanforged.png (3 MB, 923x1234) Image search: [Google]
ELementals versus Titanforged.png
3 MB, 923x1234
>>
>>46722951
Al'akir looks pretty cool, doesn't he?
>>
>>46723029
His son did tyoo, but in legion his son is gonna have a draenor Water fury's anus-face.
>>
>>46703270
>>46710838

What is this from?
>>
>>46710942
oh good its ever asshole we killed from WC3 up to now.

>>46711093
I still want to hijack a Fel Reaver somehow!
>>
>>46721777
Well I remmebr their being some discussion for an Alterac campaign about being a minor noble house that wanted to make the mountain kingdom great again.
>>
>>46711421
you will too when you are immortal... oh wait the players are immortal
I guess that's why the murderhobos are such terrifying force to behold.

>>46723287
Except Detheroc, he is missing for some reason, says he went to possess people again.
>>
>>46703393
says you. also no they arent. youre just a little cuck horde baby showing his bias is all
>>
>>46723479

>this mad over a post 1 day old that's just politely talking about stats

goddamn, these threads have really gone to shit.
>>
>>46723632
youre mad that im reading the thread? maybe you belong back on reddit m8
>>
File: 1458518857385.gif (1 MB, 505x366) Image search: [Google]
1458518857385.gif
1 MB, 505x366
Regarding Warcraft as a playable RPG setting, a question...How much respect should be paid to the mechanics of the WoW game? Should the game simply by D&D/Pathfinder/Iron Kingdoms with the serial numbers filed off, or should it strive to be closer to the MMO, like the official WoW RPG was (and yes, I know there were many differences, but it paid more than just lip service to the source mechanics).

I know a apples to apples conversion wouldn't be possible, but for my own efforts, I'm trying to judge if I should just borrow the setting and have a few converted races, or if I should really dig in, and try and make something that is not only balanced, but has much of the WoW-mechanic flavor as well.

Also, a side-question...I've always wanted to get into the Iron Kingdoms RPG, but have no clue which books to start with...is there a guide or series of recommendations for that? Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>46723662

not mad, just disappointed that people discussing stats are being called "little horde cuck baby" for no reason (kinda dumb to call someone out for "showing their bias" when your response is even more biased)

really discourages conversation regarding implementation for tabletop.

>don't know why i even responded genuinely to this, you're just going to call me a "biased horde liar cuck baby retard redditor" even though i play alliance
>can't even talk about the factions in a neutral manner without some deranged autistic faggot calling you a horde sympathizer

so fucking embarrassing
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.