[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for enchanted items for my next AnyWOT Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1450335643429.jpg (460 KB, 1076x1089) Image search: [Google]
1450335643429.jpg
460 KB, 1076x1089
I'm looking for enchanted items for my next AnyWOT Fantasy campaign. Also, handy non-enchanted items and bric-a-brac.

Do you guys have anything handy in archive?

Everything from funny to funky to furious wanted. As some examples...

>Giant Spider Silk Glove: Allows for maximum, comfortable grip from any point of contact. Two fingertips will secure you against a surface for as long as you like; one fingertip allows you to rotate around that point.
>Boot of Spring-Heeled Jack: Singular boot of supernatural jumping capability. The location of the other boot is unknown.
>Vorpal Sword: This sword contains the soul of a cheerful executioner. He knows when he's being used to chop off heads, and will happily work extra hard to make that happen. Bonuses for decaptitating blows, and also cauterises any clean cut it makes.
>Gravity Belt: Allows the wearer to temporarily increase or decrease their mass with no apparent drawbacks, within reason.
>Repeating Crossbow: If it hits a target in sight, then all subsequent shots will, if so desired by the shooter, hit the target if it is still in sight. Will also repeat anything the wielder says in a loud, boastful voice.
>Socketed Shield: There are many enchanted gems in the setting, containing charges for elemental powers or magicl spells etc. This shield is designed to hold several such gems in stasis, guarding against their properties until such gems are removed (eg. a gem with a fire charge traditionally used to make burning swords or as a fancy torchpiece will give the shield fire resistance, and the nature of its protection will improve with the quality of the gem, up to and including total protection).
>Venerable Satchel: A small, palm-sized pouch. It contains seemingly unlimited supplies and variety of lint, hardboiled sweets, and sweets coated in lint.
>>
There's always the ever handy Cape of Billowing, It billows dramatically, whether there's wind or not. It doesn't really do anything else.
>>
>>46696598
I totally want items like that, as well.
>>
File: spoonfeedme.jpg (7 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeedme.jpg
7 KB, 300x180
>>46696557
great site for this kind of stuff, but you have to come up with the names yourself.

http://chaoticshiny.com/artifactgen.php

Here is the link for the magical weapon generator:

http://chaoticshiny.com/weapongen.php
>>
>>46698247
Ehh. I've had access to generators - but /tg/ has access to stories.
>>
>>46696557
Pouches and pockets. Pouches are always handy, capable of holding lots of things, and can be put in all sorts of places. Put them on your belt, tuck them inside your shirt, hide them inside your backpack, you name it. Pockets are quite handy as well, if less portable. I frequently pick up a wizard's component pouch on many players along with an explorer's vest (with all the pockets) just because easy places to store small handy stuff is always useful.

Daggers. You always want a good dagger on hand. You always want a good dagger on hand in case the first isn't available. Daggers are useful tools, from cutting rope to skinning dinner to help in a grapple. I usually recommend one on the belt, one in a boot, on in a chest strap/pocket, and a backup in the backpack.

Waterskins. You always want water. You frequently want some way to carry liquids other than water. Glass tends to break, especially if you carry lots of it.

Blankets and bedrolls. They keep you warm, they can dry someone off, they make great padding, and they can tie up/muffle a difficult prisoner. Speaking of tying up...

Rope. Rope gets you places. Rope holds things together. Rope lets you drag stuff you wouldn't otherwise be able to move.

Quarterstaff. It's basically the 10-foot pole, a bit shorter but more useful. It's far sturdier and so leverage can be applied to hit. It can hit stuff in combat if needed, 2-handed as well. Getting a metal one is very handy as it's less prone to breaking when levering or prying something heavy.

Everburning Torch. It's one of my favorite magical items in D&D, perhaps next to the Handy Haversack. It replaces a whole mess of torches or other items, is usable by everyone, requires no spell slots or chanting to create light. Plus, if you want to put it out, just stick it inside a blanket or sack. Not that non-D&D everburning torches might need to be put out before put away. (D&D's version is an illusionary light, rather than fire.)
>>
>>46696557

>Countenace Obscura: A mask that makes you not invisible, but unnoticeable. The creator went through a couple iterations, each with side effects of extended use. The first one, a colombina mask, made whoever looked at the mask lose their short term memory, effectively blacking out for a duration. This also affected their ability to dream. Unfortunately, the wearer developed symptoms akin to Alzheimer's. The final mask, devoid of all facial features, made the wearer impossible to notice. However, the effect linger for a period after the mask is removed, and caused mental health problems, culminating in acts of exhibitionism, narcissism and blatant antagonism.
>>
>>46696557
Gravity belt broken a f
>>
>>46702084
>Many Sided Coin: It looks like a double sided coin, with both sides showing a face in profile. However, the image changes every time the coin is flipped, the face slowly seeming to turn to face the holder head on. This can be seen better when spun on a flat surface, emulating a zoetrope. What happens when the face finishes turning?
>>
>>46696557
>Morrelby's Adequate Cookpot
This mildly-enchanted cauldron is surprisingly light, and though large, can be easily toted even by halflings. Any food prepared in the cookpot becomes moderately seasoned, and any toxins are removed. The downside is that the end result is always mediocre at best, and steadfastly refuses further magical jazzing up. Often sold with a jar of Dwarven mustard, because Dwarven mustard helps just about anything you can boil.

>Doubloon of Distraction
This large, slightly oblong golden coin bears the profile of a grinning king on one side and a six-fingered hand on the other. The Doubloon of Distraction makes a helluva ruckus when dropped, and always seem to catch the light and glint, flash, or sparkle, no matter how dark the environs. It also has quite the tendency to slip from one's hands and roll away...

>Gilranad's Magnificent Nail
Not actually a nail at all, this dark-grey putty is slightly tacky to the touch. When a command word is spoken, the putty will adhere to whatever it's sticking to, and can support up to 100 pounds of pressure with a piece the size of a thumb. When a second phrase is spoken, the putty returns to its normal state, although often with pieces of dirt, hair, dust, or what have you now embedded within it.

>Magic Rock
A smooth river rock with a hole worn right through the middle, due to some quirk of water flow and enough time. It's probably magical. Just stands to reason. Better pick it up and put it away, just in case.

>Dragon Repellent
Made from real dragons, that is. Put a dab or two behind each ear, it'll keep you safe from for at least a couple of hours. Nothing but the finest dragon-musk was sourced, good sir, wouldn't believe what lengths we had to go through to get it. It's the territorial marking of a great big drake, see, it'll scare off all but the most ancient of wyrms. Of course dragons are territorial, they fight to the death any time another one comes in their territory!
>>
>>46702354
>Pound of Flesh
A hunk of meat, raw and slightly bloody. Doesn't spoil and no matter how much you cut off, it'll regenerate back to its original size. Seems to be beef...
>>
>>46702084
>>46702354
>>46702662
I'm beginning to realize I write my magic items like SCPs
>>
>>46702170
I know.

It was in the BBEG's possession. She used it in the final battle, along with the Boot of Spring-Heeled Jack. You can imagine how that went.

>>46702084
>Stone Mask
Good call.

>>46702751
Works in my favour, though. If it can be used for good and bad in regards to my players, I'm all for it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.