[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually like Nissa? Why do they keep pushing her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: BK01RT7.jpg (1 MB, 4437x3440) Image search: [Google]
BK01RT7.jpg
1 MB, 4437x3440
Does anyone actually like Nissa?
Why do they keep pushing her in the lore?
>>
>>46688447
Because they killed their other slightly interesting monogreen walker for some cheap drama. Nissa is all they have left.
>>
I assume someone likes her.
Marketing tells them magical elf princesses sell.
>>
one of wotc's writers has a giant mary sue hardon for her, so that helps with her longevity
>>
>>46688588

Aren't all of the writers suffering from Mary Sue?
>>
>>46688447
Nobody likes Jace either and he's everywhere.
>>
I liked her when she was a violent racist.
>>
>>46688447
Who?
>>
>>46689026
The main reason people dislike him is because he's everywhere
>>
>>46688447
Eh. I'm sure there are fans of her since her reimagining. I like her new cards quite a bit.

I don't get why people are so upset about her retcon. Everyone hated old Nissa and made fun of the evil hitler elf who ruined everything.
>>
>>46689069 see >>46689037
She was a more interesting character back then.
>>
>>46689069
>Everyone hated old Nissa and made fun of the evil hitler elf who ruined everything.

But everyone loved hating her. Her 'rehabilitation' changed her from a beloved foil from days long passed to a languorous specimen with less charm than a tree-stump.
>>
>>46689026
Jace isn't for us. He's to get edgy preteens into the game.
>>
>>46689148
>>46689130
I remember distinctly making the case that Nissa was a good character for having flaws and whatnot and being shut down by people, because they found her behavior laughably illogical, poorly written and largely a result of the author of the novel being braindead than any real attempt at creating an interesting character.

Trust me, seeing Nissa cuddle with some boggarts in Origins was really bizarre and hamfisted.

But you must admit, it was a very stupid idea to try to make a marketable character in one of the most beloved tribes a bratty, delusional child just to make Sorin look better.
>>
>>46688447
Hot elv chick. Anwser is obvious OP...
Wait let me set it riight: Hottest (elv) chik in the universe. According to their Lore... I't hit her too to be honest.
>>
>>46688447
The only cosplayer (booth babes excluded) I ever saw at an mtg-thing, was an ugly hambeast dressed as Nissa.
So people must like her then
>>
>>46688447
I'd tap that.
>>
>>46688447
>>46688447
I like Nissa just fine. I also actually like her change in personality over time. The retcon was a little bumbled, and it would have been better to show her change over time. I think it's interesting that Nissa has a real character arc, which isn't something most magic characters get a chance to have. Nissa seeing the error of her ways after totally fucking up and releasing the eldrazi just makes sense to me.

By no means is she my favorite, but I like her just fine.
>>
Shes tolderable when you imagine that she genuinely is and speaks like Yolandi.
>>
>>46692488
I vomited.
>>
>>46688447
I like cute elves, so yeah I guess.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.