[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Settlement/Stronghold Rules
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: DAIII_concept_3.jpg (135 KB, 1024x611) Image search: [Google]
DAIII_concept_3.jpg
135 KB, 1024x611
What systems do you know of that have decent rules for running settlements and/or strongholds between adventures, /tg/?
>>
>>46686355
I must say that I'm interested in it.

I was thinking of a The Witcher setting where the NPCs would be in a fortress like Kaer Morhen, would have to rebuild it, etc..
>>
File: 1459673473284.jpg (482 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459673473284.jpg
482 KB, 1600x900
>>46686355
Bump
>>
I seem to recall the Song of Ice and Fire by Green Ronin had some castle making stuff, but can't remember how extensive.

Also one of the supplements for Rogue Trader had rules for making colonies and such, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for?
>>
>>46686355
Off the top of my head?
The Book of Castles for 2nd Ed D&D, Pendragon..
>>
>>46688856

It has a House Builder, you get point to invest in your House assets, castles, lands soldiers...
Its very schematic, so no really useful if you want detailed rules about crenellating your stronghold, builinding a depper moat or whatever.
I did see a couple threads about House building with ASIAF rules kicking a couple of hours ago, you can check how it works if interested.
>>
>>46688870
>The Book of Castles for 2nd Ed D&D
this
>>
File: 1455097287211.jpg (63 KB, 564x366) Image search: [Google]
1455097287211.jpg
63 KB, 564x366
>>
I've always been satisfied with whatever rules for property construction and upkeep D&D provided, I've never found any rules for taxation and the rules for running a business don't look they could be used for taxation. Losing a lot of money because you're always busy running off to save the land from monsters makes sense when you're a shopkeeper, but not when you're a baron.
>>
ACKS
>>
>>46686355
I shall call it Starvehold, let all who come to her snow tipped walls quickly turn a full rotation and do the lunar walk from whence they came.

Tis beautiful though.
>>
>>46691142
You know, it's only a model
>>
An Echo Resounding
>>
>>46686355

GURPS has a pyramid article on this, but it's thin.

D&D 3e's Stronghold Builder's Guidebook is pretty good. It covers all the bases, especially the problems of a traditional castle in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>46692659
GURPS Low Tech Companion 3, rules for building and farming, GURPS lowtech, 3 companions, 2 pyramid articles and lots of random shit. GURPS can do it pretty well, and even historically.
>>
>>46692659
>>46693444

GURPS can do a lot, sometimes well, sometimes fucking brilliantly.

But you know its still GURPS.

I don't think OP wants a rules for drying muck or exact numbers for carrying capacity for wooden palisade.
>>
>>46693847
well, he can just cut that, welcome to the GURPS world. The system is ready to receive cuts from everything you don't want to use, even when talking about core mechanics.
"I DON'T LIKE DB MECHANIC"
ok, cut it and the +3 from the dodge formula, now you are good to go on 3th style
>>
>>46693975

Thank you for clarification captain Obvious.
>>
>>46693847
>I don't think OP wants a rules for drying muck or exact numbers for carrying capacity for wooden palisade.
I DO.
How many of my peasants will die because of poor sanitation?
How many acres of pasture would I need to comfortably keep enough goats to provide enough milk and cheese to make up at least 5% of the daily diet of 1000 people?
What's the ratio of wool:sheep, and how many manhours of labor does it take to convert raw wool to cloth?
How many deaths can be prevented by wool blankets and clothes, if the population experiences an average minimum temperature of 15 degres farenheit during the winter months?
>>
>>46695060
GURPS low tech companion 3, Pyramid Building the Low-Tech Landscape 1 & 2, you even got rules for farming. Mortality, earnings, food per season, food sources, foraging, breeding, farming, building, milling, hunting, black/brown/white smithing, all the shit u will ever want, but be ready for basically demographic and accountant work
>>
DOWN
>>
>>46698360
shit, wrong thread, i was going to post this on 4chab general on /vg/
>>
>>46688870
>>46693444
>>46695824
Does anyone by chance have a PDF they're willing to contribute? I'm interested.
>>
File: Dark-Souls-3-castle.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-castle.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1040
>>46686355
>>
>>46701072
go to the GURPS general, open the thread image, u will find everything.
>>
>>46695060
Well I don't think they have neither Fahrenheit nor Celsius
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.