[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General: I'm Not Making These Anymore Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Delver+of+Secrets+%5BISD%5D.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Delver+of+Secrets+%5BISD%5D.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
Either everyone has gone Standard and Modern crazy or no one simply cares. No one wants to talk current meta, decks, or Pauper. They just want to post their personal Shitbrew or just not post at all.

>MTGO Pauper Guide
https://www.cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
http://tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
http://www.mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings
>>
I think there is just not much to discuss. Maybe we should only have these threads in weekends or something.
>>
think we should turn these pauper generals into brewfests
>>
>>46685808
Arent they all?

Also I care, starter anon.
>>
Will Wizards ever print a good common on purpose again?
>>
>>46685389
Hey my shop has lots of people building paper pauper.
>>
I play Paper Pauper with the MTGO list. What can I use to replace Battle Screech in White Weenies? It's way too expensive.
>>
i found this deck the other day, how exactly does it win?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pauper-rogue-cup-15-p1-black-auramancer/

wwould you make any changes to it with the new sets?
>>
>>46690686
I have this in my personal gauntlet at home, it out grinds the opponent with recursion, and then wrecks face with small 2/2 beaters when the board is clear.

Also pestilence closes out games on it's own.
>>
File: declarationinstone[1].jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
declarationinstone[1].jpg
42 KB, 265x370
>>46687595
After Treasure Cruise probably not. They want to save all the good cards that used to be commons for the rare slot nowadays.

Compare pic related to doom blade
>>
>>46687595
Does Thraben Inspector not count as a good common? It might not slot into any decks but I think it's a cool card
>>
>>46691014
Sounds fun. Why does it run only one Seal? I thought it'd be a great recursable removal, but apparently not.
>>
>>46691446
Because in testing Dead Weight is what you want to be playing early most of the time, it comes out much faster and deals with early threats much better. Dead Weight alone shits all over Kuldotha Jeskai decks, as our recursion beats their value engine no problem.

Also fun thing to note, the original deck had Custodi Squire over Gravedigger, if you're playing with paper legal cards make sure to jam it in your deck. Gravedigger isn't quite as good.
>>
>>46685389
Pauper is as stationary as Legacy and we have a minor cardpool, it's gonna be a slower general all times. Until WotC prints another Ruse Cruise
>>
>>46690049
Battle Screech is essential to white weenie. Theres no getting around how good it is. Your best bet is seeing if it's reprinted in EM.
>>
Ok, question. Pauper Block Constructed. Which block would you choose and why? Which block would be the most powerful? Most fun?
>>
Mono Red Aggro Paper Pauper is the most fun I've had with MTG in ages.

It plays like I remember red aggro playing years ago. Just a mad fucking dash of expendable bullshit.
>>
I need some help, guys.
These are the decks I have in my gauntlet:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deck-folders/26-03-16-CVy-pauper/

As you can see they're all B/U/G. I need suggestions preferably cheap to which decks I should build to make it better.
>>
>>46692611
Probably Time Spiral. Pauper seemsto be most fun when cards and mechanics synergize. Time Spiral had a lot of that for commons.
>>
b u m p

we were off to such a good start
>>
Went 3-1 with affinity at the lgs. Won vs delver, izet blitz and mono black control. Lost vs jeskai cooldota due to a greedy keep. Made the deck yesterday for ~20$ i like my investment. So what are people here playing?
>>
Any fun combos?
>>
You guys include Uncommons? I thought that was Peasant.
>>
>>46685389
>tfw too poor to play fucking pauper with my friends
>>
File: pauperdecklist.png (19 KB, 340x812) Image search: [Google]
pauperdecklist.png
19 KB, 340x812
I am literally just starting in a local league and brewed up this metalcraft list, please feel free to shit all over it.

It's aggressive and consistent, also has card draw.
>>
>>46696709
Some cards have been printed as common on either paper or MTGO, so their legal.
>>
Just because this seems the closest to the MTG casual thread:

I'm a new player, and I was wondering: Is aggro black a thing?
>>
>>46697402
Yes, there are some builds that focus on good creatures with drawbacks. This is a good example:
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/playing-pauper-zombies

It can be improved upon desu
>>
>>46691087
Declaration in Stone should be uncommon. It's too much value for common.
I just accidentaly joined a Modern game with a Standard deck, and brutally fucked Sword of the Meek meme removing all tokens on the other side of the field with it, giving me a free win.
>>
>>46697402
Suicide black with all the 1 mana 2/2s, vault skirge, bonesplitters, some removal, sign in blood and dark rit is a deck.

It's also bad.

It's also fun.
>>
>>46698783

B-but it gives you opponent card draw! I'd rather play detention sphere!

I want my doom blade back
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.