[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Set solar sails!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mlzhka8TBZ1qm20eho1_1280.jpg (259 KB, 1002x739) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlzhka8TBZ1qm20eho1_1280.jpg
259 KB, 1002x739
I want to start a pirate/privateer themed 40k army preferably human, but i will take what i can get, is there any suggestions?
>>
>>46681753
Orkz, Dark Eldar, and Red Corsairs are official pirates, you could attempted the conversions for humans but GW doesnt sell Empire Free Company anymore
>>
>>46681753
Well, the obvious choice is one of the existing pirate-y factions (Dark Eldar, Red Corsairs, probably a few others I'm forgetting)
>>
>>46681820
>>46681821
To bad Red Corsairs dont look like pirates.

Orkz flashgitz have pirate hats and kaptain badrruk and plenty of alternative sites that sell bits

Dark eldar can be converted with Dark Elf Corsairs as well as the Black Fleet Master and their troop transport has literal sails
>>
File: archon.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1961) Image search: [Google]
archon.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1961
>>46681901
Can this be a Dark Eldar thread now
>>
well first...you need a sector to ply. so what will it be?
>>
>>46681753
Orks can have crazy fluff boat transports and it be okay because orkz, they can also have cannons in the form of mek gunz.
>>
>>46681901
>>46681821
It only occurs to me now that virtually all Dark Eldar, Eldar Corsairs, and Chaos Space Marines (plus Blackshields from 30k) are pirates, although that's not very specific.
>>
>>46681753
Your on a spaceship. A spaceship is basically a metal box designed to keep air to move people around in space. Said box has a limited supply of breathable air onboard that needs to be mechanically purified so that the people inside don't die of oxygen stavation.

And what do you guys do? You light big braziers on your spaceship to eat up oxygen.

THat's dumb.
>>
>>46683144
You are assuming there is a shortage of oxygen on board. I mean using your logic star wars shouldn't have people be awake on their star destroyers they should be cryogenically frozen so they use less resources while they are asleep.

Anyway people already gave options Dark Eldar Corsairs, Ork Freebootaz, and Chaos. If you want humans who aren't chaos look at rouge traders, they are basically privateers.
>>
Don't they already have rules for a space ship's human crew?

why not just theme some solar auxila that way?
>>
>>46681753
>pirate/privateer themed 40k army preferably human
Just use IG and convert them to whatever you want.
If you want a Rogue Trader army I'd look into using an Inquisitor as RT.
You could also use the FW list of the Lost and the Damned.
>>
>>46683853
Good idea here, IG also works, catachans make good deck hands, reaper miniature and black scorpion have pirate models
>>
>>46681927
No.
>>
File: hfsf111.jpg (44 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
hfsf111.jpg
44 KB, 600x320
>>46683144
She's a Rogue Trader. Ridiculously conspicuous consumption is at least half the point

>>46683219
There are some Rogue Traders who are also officially privateers as well.
http://calixipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Calixian_Privateers

Actually doing it takes some finagling, but it amounts to simply getting a Letter of Marque amended to your Warrant of Trade.
>>
>>46683144
They're hologramatic braziers. They're not hot, they occasionally flicker, but god damn do they look awesome.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.