[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Previous Thread >>46638970 >Pastebin http://pa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: DemonSTGChap5Art(CofDG).png (3 MB, 1195x1545) Image search: [Google]
DemonSTGChap5Art(CofDG).png
3 MB, 1195x1545
>Previous Thread
>>46638970

>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/NjH6gQqi

>20th anniversary editions
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lfa6qw2ocfd2y/Roleplaying#mt9aacn2r93i2

>Question
What's your favorite X-splat?(Clan/Auspice/Path/etc) Why?
>>
>>46678092
Kinda hard to pick just one.
>Vampire
Daeva, because they're the closest match to a lot of modern vampire stories.(Being Human, for instance.)
>Werewolf
Ithaeur, because I love spirit shit and magic shit
>Mage
Mastigos, because mind-fuckery and teleporting shit is a best
>>
>>46678092
I just realized I forgot the title
Fuck
>>
>>46678330
>preferring human/humane/normie butthole vampires

Gross
>>
>>46678358
Dont sweat it pal, it happens to the best of us.

also ,chronicles of fagness
>>
>>46678403
It's not that, it's the whole being fast/strong/MAJESTIC thing
Also the part where they're the ones most inclined to Kiss people during sex, and I'm a perv
>>
>>46678092
auspice i guess because i'm gay for gay werewolf: the forsaken. Favorite auspice is Cahalith because I like visionaries & oracles.
>>
>>46678532
They also go all yandere if they feed on the same person twice.
>>
>>46678092
>Vampire
Probably Nosferatu, at least in the number of characters I have. I just love toying with all the different aspects their curse can take. My favorite character is a Malkavian though, and I am in the process of expanding his bloodline.
>Werewolf
Rahu because primal brutality is the way to go. Also Bone Gnawers are the best tribe.
>Changeling
Wizened have really cool stuff and the additional benefit of Ayy Lmaos (even if with Changeling 2 anyone can be an Ayy, which is EVEN BETTER)
>Hunter
The Cheiron Group for all those augments ripped from supernaturals

Never played Mage, Geist, Promethean or others
>>
>>46678092
>Vampire
Nosferatu. So much potential for creepy there, and I love creepy vampires.
>Werewolf
Gonna cheat and say RAGABASH using Translation Guide, because tricksters are always great
>Mage
Mastigos because something about pain and nightmares to become a super mage really appeals to me
>Changeling
Oddly, Fairest. I like the idea of super regal dragonling guys and stuff.
>Promethean
Unfleshed, hands down. Who could ask for more than robots?
>Geist
Forgotten, because the industrial powers are really cool and the manners of death are hilariously awesome.
>Mummy
I have no fucking idea I haven't read Mummy
>Demon
Either Destroyers or Psychopomps, Destroyers because murderrobots are cool, Psychopomps because detached hoarderrobots are also cool
>Beast
Do I really have to choose, I guess whatever I can play a cool skeleton in, like sneaky guys
>>
>>46678848
Cheiron's a Y-Splat, anon
>>
>>46678930
>Y-Splat
Beg your pardon ?
>>
>>46679017
meant to quote >>46678946
sorry for the mixup
>>
>>46679017
>>46679042
Y-Splats are social groups. Covenants/Tribes/Orders, etc
Hunter doesn't really have an X-splat.
>>
>>46679178
I could argue that Cheiron operatives aren't technically fully human anymore, but that would be nitpicking
>>
>>46679215
Whether they're fully human or not, they don't have an actual template on them, just a merit. They're, at most, Sleepwalkers, but I'm not even sure if Cheiron's stuff counts for that.
>>
>>46679178

Technically, wouldn't your Profession be your X-splat in Hunter? At least, before Profession became a general Merit in 2e.
>>
>>46678092

Ventrue
Irraka
Moros, I guess?
>>
>>46679502
True enough, maybe hunter2E will replace profession with something similar. Just so hunters still have something their own.
Ooh how about a general incident that pushed you to becoming a Hunter?
>>
>>46678092

Obrimos

Feel the burn...
>>
File: Lasombra.png (18 KB, 559x500) Image search: [Google]
Lasombra.png
18 KB, 559x500
Are the Lasombra an x-splat? Because I pick them
>>
So, /wodg/. what exactly do you imagine the summer court in a given area to be like?
>>
>>46679729

I think all the VtM Clans would be X-splats, with their political affiliation being a loose Y splat. X-Splat and Y-Splat doesn't really get solidified into two separate things until CofD.
>>
>>46678092
>Vampire
Ventrue. I enjoy ordering people around and being obeyed.
>Mage
Thyrsus. I have a bad habit of picking sticking to Life, Spirit, and Death as my go-to Arcana.

Haven't played the rest enough to really have a favorite in them.
>>
>>46678092

Vampire: Ventrue
Werewolf: Rahu
Mage: Mastigos
Promethean: Ulgan
Changeling: Wizened
Geist: Forgotten
Mummy: Lion-Headed
Demon: Destroyer
Beast: Uh. Ugallu, I guess?
>>
So Darkness General, what sort of groups/concepts/cosmology have you guys ported over between WoD and CofD? Like Grand Maw to Geist, or the Exarchs controlling avatars.
>>
>>46682490
I included the Sabbat and Camarilla as covenants in a Requiem game. And added the Technocracy (under a different name and smaller scale) as another side in Mage.

Been pondering adapting Kindred of the East to Geist one of these days, too.
>>
>>46682490

Pentex is in my CofD setting as an corporation that's a cover for an Idigam and its machinations, the Orpheus Group/Terell & Squib/NextWorld all do business using Sin-Eaters and the Lucid Dead Ghosts, Stygia's one of the Dead Domains in the Underworld, and the Tzimisce are developing into a full on Daeva bloodline with Vicissitude as a Protean Devotion that's slowly mutating into a Discipline thanks to Abyss shenanigans.

Most of these probably won't fit into the 2e version of the CofD setting but oh well.
>>
>>46682566
Do you means the thousand hells from kindred of the east, or something else from it to geist?

>>46682989
Didn't think to use Pentex as a cover for an idigam cool idea. Also what are lucid dead ghost?
>>
>>46683306
The Thousand Hells, yes. I've also toyed with the idea of using some of the Dharmas as philosophical-political factions, though that requires more work and may not be feasible.
>>
>>46678092
>Vampire
Nosferatu. Because fuck your society.

>Werewolf
Irraka. Nobody expects the Canine Inquisition!

>Changeling
Wizened. Mostly because I just like how it ties theme and mechanics together. (Workaholism and a highly/overly specialized build)

>Demon
Analyst. Exploits.

>Promethean
Unfleshed. NUMBER FIVE IS ALIVE!

>Beast
Eshmaki. There is no greater fear than fear of the unknown.
>>
>>46683306

Mummy introduced a Numina in its core called Lucid Dead, which more or less makes ghosts into a minor template.
>>
File: ogre.png (135 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
ogre.png
135 KB, 500x557
I was all about the Fairest in 1e but 2e made the Ogres sound so much cooler
>>
>>46678092

>Mage
Acanthus, just because I love influencing events.
>Werewolf
Rahu, because who doesn't love playing a furry chainsaw
>>
>>46678092
>What's your favorite X-splat?

>Vampire

Nosferatu. They have my favorite disciplines, and I love the 'civil, inhuman monster' schtick. Plus, in VtR, Baddacelli were my favorite Bloodline.

>Werewolf

I never get to play this. I'm always torn between wanting to try out Irraka and Rahu. Pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum.

>Mage

Not a Mage fan. I dunno. Obrimos? Very straightforward...

>Promethean

Golem. Again, very straightforward characters. Not necessarily subtle, nor quick, nor clever, but one who gets things done on his own timeframe.

>Changeling

My favorite character ever was a Beast. They're almost the prototypical 'storybook' characters.
>>
File: john constantine on magic.jpg (129 KB, 868x1230) Image search: [Google]
john constantine on magic.jpg
129 KB, 868x1230
Finally getting my Mage: the Ascension game going. Got a Dreamspeaker and an Orphan-Jedi so far, might have a Technocrat joining the mix too. Should be fun! Now I just need to figure out what the chronicle will actually have in it....
>>
File: good god.jpg (66 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
good god.jpg
66 KB, 600x487
>>
>>46684618
There is something strangely heartwarming about this, especially if you imagine the demon is being 100% sincere.
>>
>>46684665
Its how they get you.

But in all seriousness when I saw this I'm like "that's supper nice of that hell spawn." Does this mean I'm going to hell?
>>
>>46684696
Possibly dinner
>>
>>46679795
Help, need answers opinios and ideas
>>
So I have played a good bit of OWoD and a little NWoD thinking about trying out NWoD vampire, but all my favorite clans are gone, so any way to get the feel of a Tzimisce a Salubri, or a Tremere with the New Vampire?
>>
>>46678092
>What's your favorite X-splat (Clan/Auspice/Path/etc) Why?
Vampire: Salubri; Plays very differently from normal vampire, and I just enjoy their fluff alot.
Hunter: Task Force Valkyrie; Normal humans kicking the shit out of the supernatural with high tech toys.
Werewolf: Fianna; werewolves that excel at doing werewolf things.
Promethean: Zeka; Very Tragic and feeding off Radiation instead of electricity is a bit more challenging.
>>
>>46686260
The Tremere and the Tzimisce were pretty much blended in the Ordo Dracul.
So there aren't any clans that do it, no, but a social splat.

What part of Salubri is it you want?
>>
Just to remind people: DaveB has turned Mage2e in for final approval.
Dark Eras took two weeks. How long do we think it'll take Mage?
>>
>>46686347
I like the searching for enlightenment bit, and both Warrior and Healer, just wasn't a fan of the furies.
>>
>>46686433
Honestly. Sounds like the Ordo Dracul all the way.

They seek to become better vampires. Remove the weaknesses. Enhance the strengths. Become something greater.
>>
>>46686451
Thanks I will do some reading up on them, any specific clan that would mesh well with it?
>>
>>46686461
The clans are more archetypes nowadays. If you want the flavour of the old clans, look up Bloodlines.

Any clan works. Mekhet tends to be the most focused on secrets and mysticism. Mostly because they happen to have the awesome combination of Auspex and Obfuscate.
>>
So. Ok. I'm in a high-level game of CofD, vampire/werewolf crossover.
I'm starting to lose ground to the vampires as they rise in blood potency.
The blood buff stuff, and frenzy are getting brutal.
I can deal with that, but I have one big-ass problem:
Juggernaut's Gait.

How the fuck do I counter that?
>>
>>46678358
>forgot

Suuuuuuuuuuuuure.....

BRB, definitely not gathering a Cell
>>
>>46683528
Ogres are totally dope
>>
>>46687333
To me Ogres are just boring thugs. What's the draw with them?
>>
Why do cars do bashing damage in 2E? Who's idea was that?
>>
>>46688626
They're blunt objects, why wouldn't they?
>>
>>46688649
in 2E all "weapons", from baseball bats to knives do lethal now. the only things that do bashing are fists, falling(unless from terminal velocity) and apparently cars?
>>
>>46688626
The do, however, do a LOT of Bashing damage.
>>
>>46688685
Car isn't a weapon, it's a car.

>>46688690
Exactly, the damage rolls over into lethal. Same reason you can beat someone to death with your fists
>>
>>46683931
Technocrats can rapidly outshine the whole fucking party if not careful due to their requisition background.

However, if they're working with RD's then they might get Room 101-ed
>>
>>46688703
A wooden table leg is a weapon for the sake of 2E, you know. ANY item that is sufficiently weighty to be used as a weapon does lethal, and yet a car does bashing.
>>
>>46688724
A length of wood attached to the underside of a table is a leg - it does bashing if you get thrown through the table by an angry spirit-claimed.

A broken table leg, if picked up is a club - it therefore does lethal damage because you're using it as a weapon.
>>
I realise it's a running joke/meme at this point but, M:TAw 2nd edition when?
>>
>>46688765
It's being released alongside Wraith20
>>
>>46688765
2-3 weeks. It's handed over to Paradox for final go now.
>>
>>46688685
Think of it this way:

A person swinging a baseball bat at you isn't doing it by accident. If it hits you, it's going to hit you in a way that's intended to Fuck You Up. This is represented by doing a certain (small, compared to other weapons) amount of lethal damage.

Getting hit by a car, on the other hand, is usually an accident; even if it's done on purpose, it can't really be done with any precision (unless you're, like, tied up in front of it). This is represented by LOTS of Bashing damage - there's a possibility you'll, say, get scooped up onto the hood or take a glancing blow and just get pretty roughed up (taking, say, 6 bashing) but there's ALSO the possibility of going right under the tires (taking 15 Bashing and rolling over into lethal/agg territory.)
>>
File: 1fqpNHj.png (183 KB, 375x549) Image search: [Google]
1fqpNHj.png
183 KB, 375x549
>[ 3 ] Manifest Avatar ( Mage: The Ascension (Revised) -- Page 295 )

>Most people see their Avatars only during Seekings, if at all. Your mage's drops by every day for tea, if it doesn't hang out 'round the clock. This Avatar is completely invisible to everyone but your character (and those who can read her mind), unless you take this Merit in combination with the Allies Background, creating the body of a person or familiar for your Avatar. In this case, your Avatar becomes your bamf!ing buddy, popping in and out of existence when it feels like it. If it's killed, only the mortal shell dies, not your Avatar -- unless you have the Phylactery Flaw, in which case your Avatar's form is immune to all physical harm, but it's manifested permanently. If such is the case, it's able to be kidnapped, transformed, and so on.

So if you take this as a Mage with Forces, Prime and some other powers, you can be a Stand user
>>
>>46688913
If you're going to use the "real life" argument, I'll point out that "In real life" car crashes above a certain speed are, more often than not. Immediately fatal. Maybe cars just need to have an equivalent of the terminal velocity rules, where after their speed reaches a certain point, they do a set amount of damage.
>>
>>46687084
Survive long enough for them to burn out their vitae pool. It cost 5 vitae a turn it use that. Also if they use that before your turn then use gift that don't do damage but instead give the vampire disadvantages. Like using hit and run to evade the vampire attacks getting out of sight and possibly giving them a condition while your at it.
>>
>>46688626
I think that was I typo. Im sure a dev will come up eventually as say if that true or not.
>>
>>46689051
You need to do damage to apply conditions based on it, but good idea.
>>
>>46689086
Not so true. Hit and run the example on is get out of sight no damage needed. Predator's shadow is another gift that needs no damage done to effect them.
Also unless your fighting old as fuck Elders the juggernaut tacit will bleed them out quick. Even then they would more then likely not be able to us physically intensify that turn to gain massive bonuses.
>>
>>46686361

Probably about a week.
>>
>>46689317
Really? You think it'll be faster than DE? Why?
>>
File: 1438929189852.jpg (157 KB, 700x892) Image search: [Google]
1438929189852.jpg
157 KB, 700x892
>>46688713
Oh snap, good point. That player isn't 100% sure if he wants to play a Technocrat, but we'll see what happens.

I do plan on including a $yndicate financier into the game who can potentially be an ally, if only a temporary one.
>>
>>46689357
Man, I wish I could play with you guys. Syndicate mages are fucking awesome to play.

Fuckers can pay money to things to make them do things. Like play money to a fire hydrant to make it start spraying water.
>>
During chronicles of darkness core rulebook character creation, we have 9 free dots for each attribute, right? Do I have to take them from the 5/4/3 or do I assign the 5/4/3 seperately?
>>
>>46689571

The 5/4/3 separately.

So you could have 2/2/2 in your tertiary. (3 dots, plus the 1 in each Attribute to start with)
>>
File: $ynidcate superhero.png (872 KB, 807x539) Image search: [Google]
$ynidcate superhero.png
872 KB, 807x539
>>46689427
Right? Love the $yndicate, they are (arguably) one of the strongest Techonocrat conventions and the most effective at undermining the Traditions.
>>
>>46689599
Allright, that answers my problems. Thanks.
>>
File: 1411868766881.jpg (86 KB, 442x650) Image search: [Google]
1411868766881.jpg
86 KB, 442x650
>>46678092
>ctrl+f wod and cofg on Catalog
>zero results found
EXPLAIN YOURSELF
>>
>>46689334

It's not a 590 page book and White Wolf hired a head editor. Part of her job is to make sure all White Wolf's licensees are up to standard, so Mage 2e probably goes to her as part of her full time job. Unless there's a serious change needed in the text, it's going to be pretty brisk.
>>
>>46689646

OP forgot to give the thread a title. It happens.
>>
>>46689068
It may be, I just checked and it says "Speeding trucks" do lethal.
>>
>>46689646
>cofg

It's not actually called Chronicles of Gayness you know
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9wdfJKbHa0
Is this Werewolf or Changeling?
>>
>>46689930
This is Changeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMQmTIp6SRk
>>
>>46689930
>>46690678
I've always thought Changeling when I watched this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0q7B1W6ANs
>>
>>46691020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQ1ix96s3E
Beast or Changeling?
>>
>>46691102
After watching a subbed version of this, it's Changeling.

>>46691020 could also be Beast though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyzP0R2SPs
For some reason I think of Electro-Swing in relation to the Wizened Seeming.
>>
What would an Ogre Chimera look like?
>>
>>46691275
Either a Frankenstein, straight up sewn-together and everything, or a mess of different-colored limbs and parts resembling something out of a Cronenburg movie(or any of the other Deviant inspirations that involve body horror like that)
>>
>>46691416
I like to picture an Ogre Soldier looking like a walking warzone (Barbed wire hair, Trench-like scar tissue across his body, Crater wounds in his flesh, etc)
>>
>>46691220
Does give me an inspiration for a Beast.

A high school girl, fairly average in all respects, her name even being stupid common. One night, she is Devoured and what wakes up is still a fairly average girl by the light of day. Yamamoto-san goes from average high school student to a monster that hoards the secrets of others, manipulating others with blackmail and the devastating amount of face they'd lose in a society obsessed with perfectly normal appearances. XXX-kun's father has been having an affair with his secretary. OOO-chan engages in compensated dating with much older men. She becomes the fear of abandonment and shunning, a silent Eshmaki bent on getting more and more secrets.
>>
>>46689685
Judging by previous releases we should be getting it on Wednesday?
>>
>>46692059
Don't forget Dark Era came out Tuesday.
>>
>>46692178
Huh, I didn't know they did non-Wednesday releases.

We might get lucky and get it early then.
>>
>>46692021
Isn't "secret anonymous high-school girl has dirt on everyone" a thing in like 40% of all animes by this point
>>
>>46692258
I thought it was doofy normal male protagonist gets an harem of stereotypes? Plus, she's a basic idea. Nothing beyond background has been created or established.
>>
Where could I find workable rules for people semi-willingly channeling angels? The anti-possessed from Inferno were pretty lackluster.
>>
>>46692480
What kind of angels do you want?
>>
>>46692691
Classic ones with weird agendas, or maybe something similar to the quashmallim. I'm partial to the GM's.
>>
>>46692772
I imagine god-machine angels can probably possess people. They get Numina, right?
>>
>>46692831
They get Numina, but Possess is a manifestation effect; they get those too, anyways.
>>
>>46692831
>>46692905
Possessed people can't use Numina iirc, only influences. And possession hurts the host.
>>
>>46694569

Spirits possessing a person cannot use their Numina or Influences, yes.
>>
>>46694631
So what could the angel/spirit give as a bonus to a willing host? Some dots in supernatural merits?
>>
>>46694819
Some pretty sweet tattoos.
>>
>>46694819
But when a human is possessed they black out and recall nothing of the time of possession.
>>
>>46694913
I was thinking of something more subtle or creepy, but punching demons so hard they lose their cover is fine too.
>>
>>46694819
Dread Powers come from Claiming.
>>
>>46694819

Well, when the spirit's in control, it uses its dice pools. It substitutes the host's for physical rolls, but, even then, you might be rolling, say, Dex + Finesse for an attack roll. Plus, it can heal you.

So, for a start, you're going to win most fights, which is nice. For another, the angel might use its blessings at other times in response to your prayers.

And you can, of course, develop supernatural merits from its presence. Maybe become a Stigmatic if a GM angel is responsible.
>>
>>46695196
Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>46692178
>>46692241
I'm pretty sure that's because it was a backer pdf sent out to, well, backers, rather than a regular (advance) release for general purchase.
>>
>>46695371

No problem! Happy to help.
>>
>>46696115
I'm pretty sure even Backer PDFs tend to come out on Wednesdays.
>>
Even if Dracula approves it, DriveThru has to as well. Still... Fingers crossed.
>>
>>46696236
I'm 99% sure DriveThru has no say in what goes in the book. The most they could do is say 'no, we're not selling that', and lose out on all the fresh stacks of Mage bux
>>
>>46697890

Drivethru will almost certainly not have any content objections to Mage 2e, but sometimes there are formatting and other distribution and technical hiccups that delay release.
>>
>>46697890
>>46698165

Fate conspires to delay Mage at every step...
>>
Hey.

Hey.

It's Vampire time: http://theonyxpath.com/vampire-the-requiem-baby-youre-much-too-fast/
>>
>>46698358
Fuck yes!!!
>>
>>46698358

I'm curious if vampire elders from ATYON are supposed to be the functional equivalent of high Gnosis master mages or actual archmages (a different template entirely).

When ATYON is likely finally released sometime in 2019, will it help mitigate or aggravate the "mage supremacy" arguments?

Will Dave soon provide an Imperial Mysteries 2e update and will we ever see something in a Werewolf 2e supplement for high Primal Urge werewolves?

Inquiring minds want to know...
>>
>>46698691
"Elder Wolves" (around the 10 pu level) have been called "bodhisattvas", which hints at their design and themes, I think.
>>
>>46698691
Elders should be comparable to mage masters.

Methuselahs should be equitable to archmasters.
>>
>>46698758

The "bodhisattvas" werewolves are little more than an offhanded reference, and there's a lot of design space between Primal Urge 6 through 10.
>>
So guys.
I need some ideas for some major 'clan only' events that might play out in the coming of Gehenna for my LARP we've had good runs with a Tremere-only event (and we're doing another one as the 'let's test the ritual to UNDO being vampires') in June, and we'll be running the outcome of that (goop or human?!) in October.
We were also going to run the Conclave of the Withering at the next June anniversary game.
Any good, big canon events that feature a single clan (that aren't the Schism or the Week of Nightmares, we've done those) that you guys can think of or would think would be neat?
>>
>>46698915

Have you already done the whole "the Gangrel attempt to leave the Camarilla" thing yet?
>>
>>46687387
Being mad thuggish. Like, yeah, you could be a weird rapist or some kind of shadow queer or some other gay shit, but wouldn't you rather beat somebody to death like a real man?
>>
>>46699362
Yep. It was the first big 'meta event' we did. We had a player NPC Xaviar, and the Eye was tracking to our city (there's a Methuselah Ravnos sealed under it, so it was on it's way for that). They caught up to it and barely won the fight after a number of losses and really lucky chops. The Gangrel have remained in the Cam with Xaviar as their Justicar still.

Other ongoing meta stuff...
We have a Giovanni involved in a version of the potential Sixth Great Maelstrom, though he has been pretty adept at finding some information.

A group is going to be running off with Beckett, assuming more than the two people who've met him before go, off to Kaymakli.

The Cam is starting the Thin Blood Pogrom in Los Angeles...

We have a pretty good living World of Darkness, our players have a great time. And we have an almost 40 person game, which makes this really easy to deal with.

Local stuff, people are poking at the werewolves to the south; one guy is in an Influence war with Pentex; one guy is in the thrall of a Demon of Pestilence, the one from Mount Royal in Montreal after the failed attack on Goratrix...
>>
>>46698915
I've always wanted to try Weeks of Nightmares with other Antediluvians, like if Troile awoke in modern Tunisia and wreaked havoc in the Mediterranean or something, but you've done the basic one already.

I've got nothing, Anon.
>>
>>46699972
If things go left-field on some of these 'field trips' they will likely break loose Lasombra and potentially Troile and Moloch, since our 'canon' is that is the reason there was the seige of Carthage.
>>
>>46698358

The time has come (the Elder said) to talk of other things! Of family ties and ancient pacts; of the lineages of kings. And whether the Sun is blazing hot, and if Protean can give you wings.

Kaloo-kalay, we'll dine today, on the descendants of kings!
>>
Generic magic items folks. Items for normal humans, and everyone else i guess.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/865817-homebrew-generic-magical-weapons-wands-staves-books
>>
>>46701566

Kinda meh, I'm afraid. It's filling a niche that doesn't need filling terribly.
>>
>>46701802
Then post some ways to improve it. I personally like the idea of generic magic items. So I'm going to try helping the author to a better direction.
>>
>>46701886

The rules for making magical equipment that provides equipment bonuses already exist in the CofD core. The rules for weapons already exist. What does this add?

This isn't me saying it's bad; I'm saying it doesn't really add anything.
>>
>Thousand Years of Night Is basically just full of goodies to steal for Mummy

Yoink.
>>
>>46702030
The rules for making magical equipment is in the core book. But they give no examples of said magical items. Granted these are basically guns for none gun times. But it still young and can be molded to better things.
>>
>>46702110
Damn it atamajakki keep your flashback prone ancient undead out of our ancient undead who are prone to flashbacks.
>>
>>46702190

I'm convinced they removed the Fog of Ages from VtR (despite it being awesome!) because of Mummy.
>>
>>46702481
To distinguish them from both being flashback horrible memory ancient undeads.
>>
>>46702481

The Fog of Ages is gone? The thing that kept history mysterious and the origin stories of vampires confused and uncertain?
>>
>>46702562
Yeah, they dumped it as an unnecessary hindrance.
>>
>>46703675

Why? It works well, I thought. It makes sure vampire mythic history is always a bit more mythic.
>>
>>46703716

I imagine because regular-ass human memory is sufficient; there's no real need to bring in a supernatural element when, without interference, the vampire won't even be able to accurately remember the times of a scant handful of decades ago, let alone the fullness of a millenium.

Oh, sure, the elder probably THINKS they remember, crystal clear, but every word out of his mouth is going to be riddled with bias, nostalgia, false information, and (let's face it) just straight up lies someone told him.
>>
>>46703716
It's still mythic/obscure for the same reason real world history is; you bring up the origins of the species and 20 people give their own opinions on what happened, all of them saying 'NO GUYS, I WAS THERE, I KNOW THIS TO BE THE TRUTH!'
>>
>>46703716
>>46702562
>>46703796
>>46703813
The Fog of Ages doesn't matter because there's no real point. You aren't going to have vampires from as far back as the Sundered World. They aren't going to live that long regardless. Fallacies of vampiric memory aside, the Chronicles of Darkness are not a place where longevity is common.
>>
>>46704023
Kindred don't exist back in the Sundered World, so
>>
>>46704036
Where the hell did you get thst idea. Dave back tracked on the crossover side bar to remove that implication.
>>
>>46704059
The only vampire-related bit in the chapter is Strix-related.

>Other monsters prey on the People directly — every village knows to keep hearths burning in their homes at night, in order to ward off the Shadow Owls that fly, silently, into dark places to steal the life’s breath of the sick or dying
>>
>>46702562
>The Fog of Ages is gone?
Vampire Supremacy, yo.
>>
File: strix can't take blood..png (384 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
strix can't take blood..png
384 KB, 800x480
>>46704158
If your going to quote the book at least read the god damn paragraphs above it.
>>
>>46704238
Vampire supremacy will happen when the coil that lets them steel the powers of othr splats come out.
Just you wait.
>>
>>46704036
Vampires did.
>>
>>46701318
I have thought of something perfect for a Macellarius
>"I often must work very hard, sweat running down my skin, after the dance I then must rest, and then the eating can begin...Time to eat! Death is the ultimate equalizer, all have the right to be eaten!"
>>
>>46704267
If it ever exists, it'll probably work the same as the Demon Exploit that does the same thing; you have to pay 1 resource to use the power at all, plus an additional amount equal to the amount you'd need to spend if you were the proper splat for the power.

AKA sure, it might happen, but you're probably gonna take a humanity hit if you use it very often, based on how much it'll cost to do anything.
>>
>>46704267
You mean like Demons already can?
>>
>>46704399
>>46704419
Demons can replicate effects they have seen or been effected by.

The previous wording of that coils scale wad just takevan ability. Never clarifying just how large or small the ability could be.
Maybe even an entire Mage Arcane.
But honestly I'm hoping for something far more balanced then in the open dev, and definitely with an upper limit firmly explained.
>>
>>46704399
Actually, you have to graft an organ onto yourself. It says "one vitae and one willpower per point of its normal cost", but you can't actually spend Willpower multiple times per turn. I guess you have to spend it over time to cast? Then again, a lot of good powers are 0 or 1 [energy].

>Grafting Unholy Flesh
>Prerequisite Coil: The Dragon’s Breath
>Procedure: The Dragon must take a body part from another Kindred, psychic, or other supernatural creature. He must work quickly, and graft the body part onto his own form, letting his Vitae vitalize the tissue before it completely decomposes. The Dragon must know of a supernatural ability possessed by the subject, and choose a body part symbolic of that skill. This procedure may only take place on a Wyrm’s Nest.
>Outcome: The Dragon must spend a point of Vitae in order to fuse the body part with his own form. So long as the Dragon keeps the body part animate as part of his body, he gains access to the ability. Any costs aside from Vitae and Willpower costs must be paid with both one Vitae and Willpower per point of its normal cost. If the victim survives the surgery, she loses access to the ability so long as the body part remains detached. She similarly loses any ability to regenerate that part. The body part has Health Levels equal to its Size, separate the vampire’s. If it loses all its Health Levels, it becomes worthless to the vampire. He may use this to affix a body part to another Kindred or ghoul.

>>46704476
Seems like for Mages it'd be Rote. Or at least
>>
>>46704499
That's just Prime 4, you shape a phantasmal third eye or something that duplicates the power
>>
>>46704499

That power seems to have the same setting and rules problems as the old "magical lobotomy" from Hunter.

If the Scale wasn't cut or significantly in the final draft, I'm curious to hear Dave's opinion.
>>
>>46704560

What are you relying on to suggest 2e Prime allows a mage to copy supernatural abilities?
>>
>>46704569
Dave's opinion is probably "It doesn't work in Mage, but this is a vampire power", same as his opinion on the Hunter tactic.
>>
>>46704589
The supernal reflects everything in the material world, and vice versa. Prime allows Mages to duplicate other aspects of the supernal (phantasms create matter and life).

Ergo, if they can replicate other things from the supernal, and the supernal reflects everything in other realms, this must include other splat's powers and therefore Mages must be able to mimic them through use of Prime.

The spell factors are examples, not an exhaustive list, remember.
>>
>>46704569
Well the hunter ability litlerly took a chunk of brain out. Making ithat part of the brain in control of the magic. Which is wrong.
But the vampire ability takes a body part that symbolically represents the stolen ability. So while at first glance they seem similar they are different.
Still we can base our judgment on the open dev version. We are going to have to wait for the finished product.
>>
>>46704612

Counterpoint: The only symbols that would be in the Supernal would be symbols describing Vampires using Vampire powers, Werewolves using Werewolf powers, etc... and Mages ONLY using Mage powers.

Sure, you could theoretically use Prime to duplicate a symbol like "a Vampire's use of Dominate," but that doesn't template onto you, anymore than a Mage can create a duplicate of a lifeform with no symbol in the Supernal. And without a vampire to actually make use of that symbol, it does nothing.

And the only way to alter the Supernal symbol itself would be to be an archmage.
>>
What durability rating do bullets have?

By RAW they have Durability one, but if that were the case they'd shatter on impactand never kill anyone
>>
>>46704612

"Phantasms" no longer exist in Mage 2e. I believe we now have platonic forms and eidolons.

More importantly, the Arcana cannot necessarily replicate everything in the Fallen World, at least before archmastery. For instance, mages cannot create souls, even with mastery of all subtle Arcana.

To the extent mages can mimic a supernatural ability (or anything else), it would be accomplished with the Arcanum or Arcana whose purview covers the intended effect.

Prime is versatile (like all Arcana), but its limits are defined. Prime is not some uber-Arcanum that can do anything because of "symbolism" or claims of Supernal reflection.
>>
>>46704708

Bullets have a LOT of force, and will do significant damage even if relatively fragile.

In fact, many bullets (hollow points) are designed shatter in order enlarge the wound channel and prevent over-penetration

Remember that Durability is an abstract concept. not a metallic hardness scale. It's nor particularly hard to damage a bullet or cartridge in real life. This does not impact firearm lethality
>>
>>46704708

1) Lots of bullets do, in fact shatter on impact, and this is VERY BAD for the target, because those fragments do not stop moving forward.

2) Durability is an abstraction, and one of the many many many things it abstracts out is how different applications of force can be differently effective. The same force that won't so much as crack a glass window when applied evenly will immediately shatter it if applied to one point.

Kind of like how a one-time impact won't do much to soft bullets except deform them, but much less force applied over time will render them useless, tiny shards.
>>
File: CofD Willpower.png (70 KB, 376x252) Image search: [Google]
CofD Willpower.png
70 KB, 376x252
>>46704499
>but you can't actually spend Willpower multiple times per turn.
Wrong. You can only spend one Willpower per action, not one Willpower per turn.

(Pic from page 73 CofD core book)
>>
>>46704499
>Seems like for Mages it'd be Rote. Or at least
I'd agree on this one. It's the answer that makes the most sense. I hope this Scale sticks around because the idea of a secretive group of Vampires who go around stealing monster parts to become the ultimate monster is cool crossover fodder.

On the one hand, you have some vampires with Mage Rotes, on the other hand, do you think that a Concilium is going to sit by if they find out Vampires are harvesting members for their body parts? The same goes for local Protectorates and Freeholds as well.
>>
>Medium (Epic, • to •••••)
>Prerequisites: Empathy •••, Medium (Advanced) •••
>Effect: The medium has become a lord of ghosts, a beacon of both understanding and power over the restless spirits of the dead. Each dot in this Merit grants the character an honorary Rank among ghosts. She adds this Rank to any rolls she makes to contest the powers of the undead. It also allows her to physically interact with ghostly beings and objects, and her unarmed attacks count as a ghost's Bane if her effective Rank is two or more higher than the ghost's Rank. This works only one way, however; even high-Rank ghosts do not naturally have the ability to touch the medium unless she wills it. Additionally, when she destroys a ghost's last Anchor, the ghost must make a Power + Resistance roll, penalized by the character's honorary Rank. If it fails, an Avernian gateway immediately opens up to claim the ghost.

>Psychokinesis (Epic, •• or ••••)
>Prerequisites: Resolve •••••, Psychokinesis (Advanced) ••••
>Effect: The gods once wielded elemental powers to transform the world. Your power now rivals theirs. With the two-dot version, when your character manifests psychokinetic force, its base Size is equal to (Resolve) x 10. At the four-dot version, the power affects an area with a radius of half the character's Resolve in miles, rather than mere yards. This may cause Extreme Environments at a level equal to this Merit (such as freezing cold or city-scorching firestorms).

fuckinpower creep
>>
>>46705045
Are those official or just something on the Onyx Path forums?
>>
>>46705062
Depends, is Claire Redfield a writer/dev?
>>
>>46705073
she's a writer, but that doesn't make it official. it's only an official release if its in a published book.
>>
>>46705135
And yet everyone takes daves posts here as gospel
>>
>>46705073

Claire Conte is a regular WW author, just like Chris. She is not a developer.

Claire often offers her own home brew rules and alternate settings on the OP forums and rpg.net. This material is not canon or official and has not been playtested It's no different from any other fan material.

Further, if both the Beast leak draft and final PDF are any guideline, it's unlikely WW intends to offer Epic or even many Advanced Merits available for mortal humans.
>>
>>46705138
He's a developer, and even his stuff is only heavily informed unofficial stuff until it is put into a book. Even if it's in a book, no one is going to shoot you in the head for doing something different.
>>
>>46705138

Dave is an actual developer. Unlike individual authors like Claire or Chris, he can determine official vs. unofficial material.

When it comes to Mage, Dave's comments are indeed gospel. He also differentiates changes he makes for his own games or general ideas vs. official setting and rules when applicable..
>>
>>46704786

The force involved in a bullet isn't as huge as you might think. If it was, you'd get thrown backwards every time you fired a gun.
>>
>>46705203

The force is more than strong enough, and is reflected in the recoil of the gun. Additionally, although larger caliber bullets may have a slower velocity, the increased mass usually compensates in term of damage..

Some heavier calibers handguns can easily knock small or weak people on their ass, particularly shooting with poor form or technique.

It's an fascinating topic. If you're interested, read up on how and why the FBI standardized to .40, and is now going back to 9mm, or why the U.S. Army no longer wants 9mm sidearms (largely because they cannot use hollow points).
>>
>>46705325

Hey, don't get me wrong; I'm not saying the force isn't strong enough to do the job - it clearly is. It's just that even a fairly high powered round, like .44 magnum, will contain as much force as being shoved.

The subject is complex, too, don't get me wrong there either, and I'm greatly simplifying. The physics of firearms are pretty fascinating. As are physics in general, really.

I'll look into the FBI switch-around too; you've got me curious.
>>
>>46704731
Speaking of phantasms (or whatever they're called), if my mage creates a book with Prime, can it have the right words in it even if he's never read it?
>>
>>46705558
In 2e, as far as I understand it, he'll manifest Book.
The ideal book. Every book.
So no. No text inside it.
If you want that, you should get a copy-spell from Matter.
>>
>>46705558

Prime's capabilities and purview were vague in 1e, and it's been substantially revised in 2e.

Unless Dave wants to reveal some spoilers, we'll have to wait for the new book's release.
>>
>>46705177
We're very clear about levels of official - books, then things on the blogs. Which, if they get superceded by books, are no longer official.

For example, the animal stats download you can get from the website? Official until we have a reason to put animal stats in a 2e book somewhere.

Claire's Merits are as unofficial as anyone else's homebrew threads.

My posts aren't, either. Although in short order I'll fire up an official "ask Dave" thread for FAQs and suchlike.
>>
>>46705962

Yo, care to weigh in on the Prime book question?
>>
>>46705962
>My posts aren't, either. Although in short order I'll fire up an official "ask Dave" thread for FAQs and suchlike.
That's a great idea, thanks!
>>
>>46705977
No, because I'm firmly in "the book's coming out" mode, so no more spoilers. Ask me once I get an "ask me stuff" place set up.
>>
>>46706003
Get us all worked up, withhold the big finish, and now you won't even tickle our bum to pass the time.

You sir, are a tease.
>>
Man, they weren't kidding about production ramping up now that all the Paradox stuff is done, between Dark Eras, Beast, and Mage 2e's inevitable arrival.
>>
File: 1460758958456.jpg (12 KB, 208x190) Image search: [Google]
1460758958456.jpg
12 KB, 208x190
Is this how you a member of the Gentry?
>>
>>46707255
Nope.
>>
File: 1173118215411.jpg (359 KB, 959x1350) Image search: [Google]
1173118215411.jpg
359 KB, 959x1350
How exactly do spirits work? Next session the party will be investigating an old facility riddled with fear spirits, but I've never actually used them in a game before. What can mortals do against them? Can they be hurt by conventional means or is everyone fucked?
>>
>>46707369
All spirits have a ban (behaviour they must follow - never cross a line a rose petals, line stacks of coins up by size and year of issue, always agree with blind children, etc.) and a bane (a material that causes them severe harm even whilst incorporeal or possessing someone).

If your players can figure out either of these then they can fight them. Otherwise, you can hope, attempt to negotiate (" let me live 7 I'll walk into time square and shout allahu ackbar so you can feed on their terror"), or find a medium/werewolf/etc. to do the fighting for you.
>>
Hey, hey you.

Yes, I mean you!

It's Mage time: http://theonyxpath.com/i-can-see-for-miles-and-miles-mage-the-awakening/
>>
>>46707553
>Next time on the blog
>At this rate, will be the post-release material for Awakening 2e.

Guess that means no more blogs for a few years
>>
>>46706003
No more spoilers huh?

Thanks for the SoS stuff though!
>>
>>46707610

Mage is either next week or week after, depending.
>>
>>46707631
That's what you said last week, and what you'll say next week too
>>
>>46707643
Time is an illusion, Anon.
>>
>>46707643

Because it will always be next week or the week after. That's...that's how time works, dude.
>>
>>46707660
Tell that to Exalted fans.
>>
>>46707700

They're Exalted fans, they should know very well about small points of hope followed by the crushing despair of the inevitable march of time.
>>
>>46707660
>The Surface Information of a spell includes its caster's Nimbus, assuming the spell wasn't cast as a rote. Mysteries with other origins instead reveal the resonance of their source: this might be the aura of a creature like a vampire or werewolf...

Does this mean that from a Mage's point of View, the Predatory Aura and Hunter's Aspect of a Werewolf are unique things? Magical fingerprints, and suchlike?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS53AA_WaUk
And here we have the perfect location for a dying 'natural' reactor spirit.
>>
What do you think happened to the Pangean Catfish?
>>
>>46709324

Died to create the Supernal Truth of Cajun cuisine.
>>
>>46709379
I though it got buried under what would become Japan?
>>
>>46709379
I wonder what a Pangaean would taste like?
>>
>>46704831
That's a new thing, then. In Hunter that was a thing that separates monsters from mortals, and Potency dots let you spend more Willpower a turn. Making Hunter Endowments using the Endowment creation rules (which are bad) even highlights that you need to take an extra turn to use an Endowment that has more than one point of Willpower as a cost.

>>46705045
>Power creep
>Literally an advanced version of something
I would be disappointed if there wasn't power creep when you're investing six+ dots into something.
>>
>>46711337
>and Potency dots let you spend more Willpower a turn

I know. And this is in the same book.
There are a bunch of things referencing that it allows an extra Willpower spent per turn, but the rules that explain how they works say that it's one per action.
>>
>>46711337
>>46711514

Thinking about it, it might be intended like this. Potency means you can spend multiple Willpower on the same action. (That is, both to activate something, AND to boost it).
But spending a Willpower on something shouldn't mean you can't do it to boost resistance attributes or Defence.

Maybe?
>>
>>46711337
>>46711514
>>46711554
You definitely can spend multiple Willpower in the same turn. You just can't spend multiple WP on the same thing in a single turn; otherwise, you could spend 2wp to get +6 to a roll, or whatever other bonuses.
Potency just lets you spend more Willpower on Dread Powers in a turn, iirc.
>>
>>46710951

Pick a Pangaean.

Harvest probably tastes magnificently sweet and delicious, with just an undercurrent of rot and raw blood that can't be removed by cooking.
>>
>>46711917
And if you try to eat a piece of Komodo Dragon then Mr Brookshaw will descend from on high and tell you to spit it out, izzat right?
>>
>>46712063
No, because Komodo Dragon is literally Dave. You would be eating the developer of the game.
>>
>>46712155
Didn't we agree that he would either be within the Anima Mundi,or sealed under the Astral representation of Nazca in Peru?
>>
>>46712328
He also said Mage was coming out soon.

DaveB is a liar
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452 KB, 640x480
Question. When an Archmaster dies in the Supernal Realms, what happens to their Chantries? Imperial Mysteries says that when an Archmage dies, they leave their Road/Chantry behind as a "wending", and such places are rare, dangerous, and sought-after. But it also says that when anyone dies in the Supernal Realms, they and everything they've done are retroactively erased from all timelines, which implies that their Chantries disappear as well. But the example from the spoiler in >>46707553 refers to the Chantry of an Archmaster who was erased by the Exarchs as still existing. Is "erased by the Exarchs" different from being erased by dying in the Supernal?
>>
>>46712345
Making Komodo Dragon a writer avatar was a mistake.
>>
>>46712365
dude mages lmao
>>
>>46712365
IIRC, when you're in a road/chantry, you're immune to Imperium Rites and other Supernal-Realm-reality-shenanigans. Logically, this would mean the chantry themselves would be unaffected by Imperial change that erased the Archmaster.

DaveB could probably give you an slightly-more-official answer, if he's still around.
>>
>>46712365

Timelines and history are facets of the fallen/phenomenal world; the supernal and things of the supernal aren't that restricted by them.

It wouldn't shock me too much if, with a simple act of will, you could go to a place in the Supernal where the watchtowers "don't exist yet."
>>
>>46712445
Losing at least two permanent Willpower dots (probably more) isn't exactly a 'simple' act of will. And that's only to stop yourself from being consumed. You still have to actually GO there.
>>
>>46711514
>>46711812
>>46711554
I meant in Hunter (and later Mortal Remains).
In 1e, you couldn't spend Willpower on boosting an attack and boosting defense and boosting a Contested roll and boosting a Reflexive roll. You could only do one of those because they all happened on the same turn (though I'm guilty of spending more than one Willpower a turn at different parts of the turn).

Although technically this Scale doesn't give you the ability to spend multiple Willpower on the same action, it just says you have to. I mean, it's implied, but not stated.
Either way, I'd still go with the more 1e version and require multiple willpower to be spent over multiple turns.
>>
>>46705962
Hey I been reading the Soul Cage actual play and I was wondering if you think you sort of went easy on them with the Seer threat.

Also (this question open for anyone), how would you build a tetrarchy? Trying to plan my setting for mtaw2 release
>>
>>46712611
I guarantee that you haven't finished reading Soul Cage. Because that Seer threat starts to escalate.

>"Look at it this way, at least you haven't *really* pissed them off" - Magog

>"What would happen then?" - Samael

>"They'd come to get you themselves. Nothing says you've offended the Thrones like an Ochemata arriving" - Magog, fake-cheerful

>"It's good he's being so Jovial about it" - Samael, to himself, as they exit the Lighthouse

>"DIE, HERETIC!" - Seer
>>
>>46712724
Way past that part.

And yes, there was one Seer hiding outside the door about to take on an entire coterie plus of mages.

The next Seer doesn't even bother to really attack them until he lets them get ready, he just parts the sea and animate deads a dog.

The other ones decide to come on cars and motorcycles, which has been established as an awful tactic to use for mages.

The General has offered anything a Seer wants for killing Samael, and the only takers are a bunch of idiots who would probably blow their wish in classic genie blunder.

And then after that, Cobalt demands another minister boss (lesser) stop attacking him and his coterie, and the Seer agrees.
>>
>>46712813
The Seers are fucking morons.
>>
>>46712843
Which was basically what I was asking. Was the UK a sort of dumping ground for short bus Seers?
>>
>>46712611
>Also (this question open for anyone), how would you build a tetrarchy? Trying to plan my setting for mtaw2 release

(assuming you're working on a Pentacle game; a Seer one will need lots of detail, but Pentacle works better with them as shadowy antagonists).

The local Seers are much more likely to be defined by which Ministry is in charge, and the big four Ministries all have their own way of doing things. Paternoster will probably have a high concentration of power, and most likely work within religious elements. Panopticon will be organized into cells, and only ever influence people subtly. Hegemony will have a direct chain of command, and work within government. Praetorian will be militaristic, and much more likely to do stuff themselves.

Seers typically have fewer actual Mages in their organization, but a lot more resources, both magical and mundane. This means they often work through intermediaries, even Praetorian. And always they must be ever watchful for their allies stabbing them in the back.
>>
>>46712892
Seer infighting and backstabbing. Found the quote I was looking for.

>"Lankin's response to all the fortune-hunting Seers out to make a name for themselves turning up in Newcastle is to turn away those he thinks will be a threat to the Cabal, and give the Cabal's location to those he thinks are too ill-prepared to succeed. Not out of any great sense of fair play - simply so that the Cabal get worn down enough for him to then have a go."

Basically, the local head honcho Seer is sabotaging the competition, and then once the PCs have a gun to his head, agrees to stop his own plans to attack. Note that this doesn't remove the Seers from the picture, not by a long shot. They're the major antagonists for the next several arcs, including the finale (with multiple Ochema involved, who easily one-shot characters).
>>
File: tumblr_o4v8dv3JZs1tt6ebeo1_1280.png (845 KB, 692x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4v8dv3JZs1tt6ebeo1_1280.png
845 KB, 692x1920
>>46712893
Doesn't a Tetrarchy have members of every major ministry, and a bunch of lessers or lesser members of the majors?

>>46712966
>Note that this doesn't remove the Seers from the picture, not by a long shot.
No, but it does basically cripple them as any serious threat
>>
File: serious threat.png (26 KB, 906x238) Image search: [Google]
serious threat.png
26 KB, 906x238
>>46713025
>no, but it does basically cripple them as any serious threat

hoo boy, wait till you finish the story before you say something like that
>>
>>46713161
Can you read?

I'm not talking about the climax where all the shit gets pushed to the side, I'm talking about everything before that, where people can get anything they want and resort to animating dogs and not turning boats into sodium, or just temporally stuttering them.

The rest of the game is full of antagonists (the echo walkers and parliamentK) who are willing to go a lot farther for a win condition that isn't as guaranteed
>>
>>46713025
>Doesn't a Tetrarchy have members of every major ministry, and a bunch of lessers or lesser members of the majors?

Remember, another name for the Seer organizational structure is the Iron Pyramid. Yes, a given Tetrarchy will have many Ministries within it, but there's always one at the top.

Another note if you're building setting detail: depending on the size of the city, most Tetrarchs (and all Ministers) will be Archmasters. Although they will most often be preoccupied with other matters, even one intervention by an Archmaster is a game-changing event.

Dave has also said that there are two types of Seers: those who are in it for the money/power/fear, and those who Believe. You'll have to figure out which ones any potential Seer NPCs are (note that only those who Believe will have Prelacies).
>>
File: victorian bale hound.png (194 KB, 388x512) Image search: [Google]
victorian bale hound.png
194 KB, 388x512
>>46713370
Thank you.

What about a Convocation? Is that basically a tetrarchy of consilia? Or more of an event?
>>
>>46710951
>what a Pangaean would taste like

Duh... They all taste like Chicken.

The real question is what does the Pangaean Chicken taste like.

>Chris need to stat-up Chicken
>>
>>46713446
A Convocation, if I'm remembering Sanctum & Sigil right, is a great gathering of multiple Consilia. They're typically one-off events (e.g., the Great Convocation of 19-whatever where the Free Council was invited) but closely-knit Consilia could easily organize them on a regular schedule.
>>
File: entertainment ensihim.png (185 KB, 388x512) Image search: [Google]
entertainment ensihim.png
185 KB, 388x512
>>46713559
Okay that makes sense. Do consilia have any higher organization? Or would you have to have some sort of alliance of consilia for that?

It looks like the orders have higher organizations with more far-reaching power. Is that right?

And Sanctum 7 sigil would go over it?
>>
>>46713735
IIRC, Convocation is the highest it goes, and they aren't regularly happening. So yeah, if you're looking for national mage organizations, Orders are your best bet, although a Convocation could certainly be called to declare some sort of magical war. But only the Consilia that attended would be bound by it, which is why magical law differs from place to place.

Sanctum & Sigil is where all the minutiae of Cabals and Consilia and Convocations are discussed, yes, although I believe Silver Ladder has some stuff on Convocations, and the individual Order books would obviously have more detail on national Order organization.
>>
File: honey trap ensihim.png (176 KB, 388x512) Image search: [Google]
honey trap ensihim.png
176 KB, 388x512
>>46713871
Thanks a ton anon
>>
>>46713370
Wouldn't them getting involved be a violation of the Pax Arcana too?
>>
>>46714021
seer archmages are allowed to interfere
>>
>>46713446
>>46713735
>>46713995
For some reason it never occurred to me how well Smite's art works for various things in CofD.
>>
File: thiess the wolf of god.png (494 KB, 660x905) Image search: [Google]
thiess the wolf of god.png
494 KB, 660x905
>>46714125
Video games are really a great graphical resource.
>>
>>46714114
It's not that the Pax doesn't apply to them, it's that Seers actively coordinate with their Archmasters while the Pentacle doesn't.

>>46714021
Not necessarily. The Pax Arcana is a lot flimsier than people realize. It only covers the Imperial Practices. Anything Archmages can do that aren't those specific four things is fair game. E.g., "Use Prime 6 and Space 2 to annihilate someone from sympathetic range", "Boost someone's attributes to 10 in all stats with an Indefinite duration", "Instantly turn a size 40 block of air into the Daisy-cutter to end all daisy-cutters," et cetera. None of these require the Imperial Practices, and none of them would break the Pax.

Take all of that, and add in that even breaking the Pax is really only an issue if you're 1) interfering with another Archmaster's stuff and 2) get caught doing it, and it might as well be made of Swiss cheese.
>>
>>46714285
>It's not that the Pax doesn't apply to them, it's that Seers actively coordinate with their Archmasters while the Pentacle doesn't.
I thought I read somewhere that the Exarchs wipe out Pentacle coteries with archmages, too, so it's more if Pentacle archmages start doing shit like the rest of your post, the Exarchs will get on the move to kick their ass.
>>
>>46714316
Where the hell did you read that? That's a clear violation of the Pax.
>>
>>46714342
>Where the hell did you read that? That's a clear violation of the Pax.
>>46714285
>Not necessarily. The Pax Arcana is a lot flimsier than people realize. It only covers the Imperial Practices. Anything Archmages can do that aren't those specific four things is fair game. E.g., "Use Prime 6 and Space 2 to annihilate someone from sympathetic range", "Boost someone's attributes to 10 in all stats with an Indefinite duration", "Instantly turn a size 40 block of air into the Daisy-cutter to end all daisy-cutters," et cetera. None of these require the Imperial Practices, and none of them would break the Pax.
But I meant Exarchs won't actually come down and do it as much as they'll organize their Seers (and seer archmages) to do it
>>
Hey uh
In V20 Dark Ages, under Valeran Healer.
How come Shephard's Watch only allows "rocks, throwing weapons, and crossbow bolts" in?
>>
>>46714809
because it's made to block people
blocking small weapons from those people is a beneficial side effect
>>
>>46716302
I get that, but why specifically those items and not every ranged thing?
Or is it meant to read as that?
I wasn't sure if there was some reference or something I was missing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.